(1,389)

Outreach provides email tracking, cadence, and sales automation features for use by sales teams.

Work for Outreach?

Learning about Outreach?

Outreach Reviews

Ask Outreach a Question
Showing 1,390 Outreach reviews
Outreach review by Spencer P.
Spencer P.

"Outreach Review"

What do you like best?

Really simple to use. I can build templates on the fly and love to see when someone opens my emails

What do you dislike?

Nothing glaring really. Sometimes the pictures in my templates get bigger when I pull them up in an email.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's really robust and does sequencing, templates, and email tracking really well. Make sure you train your sales force on it so they can get the most out of it. I have some colleagues who don't use it much because they don't know what's available.

Our follow ups with content can take time. Using an Outreach template has cut down that time dramatically. Using Outreach for sequences is also a huge benefit.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Outreach
Outreach review by Corey T.
Corey T.

"Really great tool for sales people"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is for me manage my email outreach through the software. I am able to look at analytics like open rate, response rate and CTR. This is really important for me because I can use this information to craft my outreach strategy.

What do you dislike?

Emails i send through outreach log into salesforce, but once I follow up through the gmail client it does not track. I wish there was some sort of connecter that I could use through outreach vs having to find it through the chrome store.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you are properly trained. Took me quite a while to get the hang of it before I could fully utilize the software.

Email outreach

Cold call outreach

What Sales Engagement solution do you use?

Outreach review by Ariel West L.
Ariel West L.

"Grow your funnel, seal the leaks!"

What do you like best?

Systematize your funnel at scale, while maximizing your time for selling and having conversations. The sequences and activity tracking set my daily tasks and the meeting tools are baked right in.

What do you dislike?

It is pricey but a few deals pay it off and you are off to the races. Wish there was a more robust database query feature as I have a few thousand prospects and I want to easily segment them a little further.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need enterprise Salesforce if you want true data sync

Increasing awareness and activity in my department. I can easily reach my target audience at scale and focus on the ones most engaged in the process

Outreach review by Jordon S.
Jordon S.

"Best tool for account development"

What do you like best?

I've used a slew of these products. Outreach is definitely the most user friendly, efficient tool I've ever used in an account development/account executive role.

Being able to drop people in a (whatever number you want) step cadence is great. Being able to track open rates, clicks, replies, etc. is huge. Being able to A/B test is amazing. The best part about all of this is that it's EASY to view and digest analytics on the go.

The Salesforce integration is INCREDIBLE.

What do you dislike?

Email cadences are supposed to automatically stop when a prospect replies to an email. I've had some problems with this. It's because I have four alias email addresses that I use - so it makes it a little challenging. I've had many email conversations and screen shares with the support team to fix this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Would be very helpful to have someone in the organization who already has experience with Outreach. That way you don't have to always rely on the support team. (which is great, btw).

We are making the web a more meaningful place. We proud ourselves on accomplishing a lot with a small team. Because of this, we all wear a lot of hats and being able to drop people in cadences/sequences has been a serious time saver.

Outreach review by Brian K.
Brian K.

"A must if you're looking to scale business developmen"

What do you like best?

If you're looking to scale a business development operation and sales development operation, this is a must. Works well with Domo as a BI tool and if you have Salesforce, you can correlate the data between prospecting to opportunity and opportunity to close. Call recording is great for coaching. I'm able to see everyone's calls with their dispositions and coach the ones that people struggled with. Email is great for tracking purposes.

What do you dislike?

I wish the email out of Outreach can do HTML formate. I wish it can also do more in-depth reporting out of the box with more filters. I wish they had a mobile application.

No visibility on operationalizing prospecting. No real ability to understand how to track email and track calls and disposition calls accordingly. What effort was needed to land the first meeting with a prospect?

Outreach review by Thomas A.
Thomas A.

"A Powerful Tool for Sales Professionals"

What do you like best?

With proper set-up and management, Outreach enables young reps to understand proper sales methodology and put the right message in front of the right prospect at the right time. For those with more sales experience, it allows you to automate your more tedious tasks seamlessly and consistently.

What do you dislike?

If everyone on your team isn't using Outreach, then using the Meetings feature isn't as helpful. Some of the sync set-ups can be a little confusing, but you get used to it eventually.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure that you take training seriously and have someone actively managing sequences, template, integrations, and measuring activity and outcomes. Don't buy it thinking it will fix all of your sales challenges.

Scaling up our outbound sales team has allowed us to have some of the most meaningful conversations with prospects, and it allows us to understand what tactics and what messaging are most effective.

Outreach review by Ankurman S.
Ankurman S.

"Unleas your SDR's full potential"

What do you like best?

Outreach is not a sales enablement tool. Just like the Thor has his hammer, Captain American has his shield, Outreach helps an SDR with the armor to unleash his or her full potential at the job.

The one trick I love for a batched list of prospects is to set a {{custom}} variable for a URL I want to share and then hyperlink the {{custom}} variable on the content. Works awesome.

Haven't used their dialer but my friend who crushed his quota as an ADR and got recently promoted to an AE says, it's dope.

Also, if I could give an award for the best customer chat support rep, Shannon, who commands their drift chat support would be the winner.

So if you're an SDR in charge of pure outbound and if your management is not willing to give Outreach a shot, I would start looking for another company. Period!

What do you dislike?

This may be a bug on the account I was working but -

1. Upon hitting backspace on a Windows OS, the cursor would jump straight to the first line and mess up

2. When I compose a new message, the font size is ridiculously big. But after selecting 'small/medium', it worrks good.

That's pretty much it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Already answered this in my review.

Outbound prospecting on steroids. I used Outreach during my job hunt and was cold-emailed DMs at companies I wanted to interview at.

43 interviews in 3 weeks and an offer in the end. I would take that as a win. All thanks to Outreach.

Outreach review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Outreach is really great in theory, but after implementation we found out..."

What do you like best?

The automation of everything for our reps. It's pretty awesome for strictly prospecting but not very practical for managing opportunities.

What do you dislike?

Outreach is really great in theory, but after implementation we found out we couldn't do what we were told we would be able to do. We found out later that "they plan to have those features in the future".

I was the main point of contact at our company working in Sales Operations and implemented 80%+ of the system from onboarding to launch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan on managing your opportunities in Outreach you should wait. They are getting there, but they aren't quite there yet. We wanted to get all of our reps out of Salesforce completely but our Account Executives can't live only in Outreach at the moment.

Reporting features so we know who is doing what in regards to their call/email/meeting numbers.

Outreach review by Nicolò B.
Nicolò B.

"A fully fledged Sales Engagement platform with great support"

What do you like best?

The Outreach platform is proving to be a very intuitive yet powerful tool for our sales reps to accelerate their outreach efforts.

Setting up sequences is very simple and both analytics and enrichment dashboards are very helpful. We are looking forward to testing the new meeting scheduler features which can substitute completely a solution such as Calendly.

What do you dislike?

There have been a couple of times were a user's mailbox (we use Outlook) got disconnected by themselves, and automated emails didn't go out.

For now it seems like they were isolated issues, although the fact that their support said the integration "is even more stable with Gmail" wasn't necessarily reassuring.

With Outreach we are improving Sales Reps productivity (for both emailing and calling) while also tracking a lot more into SFDC thanks to their integration, which allows us to better optimize our outbound activities.

Outreach review by Brett M.
Brett M.

"Look no further"

What do you like best?

I love the team at Outreach. I've dealt with numerous SaaS vendors and I have to say, Outreach has a phenomenal onboarding process and they've supported us every step of the way as we continue to innovate and improve our internal processes and workflow.

What do you dislike?

I'd personally love to see their voice product move more into the inbound space. One of the main gaps we have currently is the inability of the platform to facilitate inbound calls for our SDR team. Not a deal breaker by any means, but I'd prefer to keep all customer engagement within the same platform.

Using Outreach, we've been able to take our first touch on inbound leads from 8 hours to <5 minutes. It also allows us to systematically improve lead follow-up, standardize content, and ensure we can test and measure effectiveness of our content and campaigns.

Outreach review by Laura M.
Laura M.

"Necessity for any sales team!"

What do you like best?

Our Account Executives and BDR Team started using Outreach earlier this year and we have already seen a return on investment. My favorite feature is being able to easily create sequences for different prospect types and tracking metrics on them. Outreach also provides a schedule/calendar features which makes it easy for our BDRs to schedule meetings on behalf of our AEs.

What do you dislike?

I'd love greater ability to segregate sequences and templates to specific groups. Outreach is constantly releasing new features and I believe this is on their roadmap already.

Outreach allows us to scale best practices across multiple teams at our company. We can see metrics on which emails do best for open/reply. Outreach is also great for tracking activity into Salesforce.

Outreach review by Don T.
Don T.

"Best Sales Engagement Platform."

What do you like best?

There are so many things I love about Outreach. I'm definitely an Outreach "evangelist!" If I had to choose what Outreach does best for its customers, it would be that it gives sales reps back hours in their day that they would otherwise be spending doing the busywork of prospecting and communicating. The product is releasing a few new features each month and in my opinion, has distinguished itself as the #1 sales engagement platform in the marketplace.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike. If anything, the time it takes to set-up templates and sequences as an Admin takes more time than I'd like. It might be nice if Outreach releases suggested templates to speed up that process.

We're getting hours back in our day that we can spend connecting with prospects and our customers, instead of doing the busy work of sales.

Outreach review by Joshua  S.
Joshua S.

"Excellent AB testing and analysis"

What do you like best?

The ability to intuitively AB test messaging across sequences! Outreach makes it so easy to use - you can clone, tweak, and test another set of tests in seconds.

What do you dislike?

The lack of historical data. I want to see my open rate / reply rate / etc change over time in a simple line graph. Currently, we have to manually export and track metric changes every few days, and then manually tie strategic changes by date to those metrics. If Outreach could have a simple historical line graph for each metric, then dots on the graph where sequence edits were made - I'd give this an 11/10.

We currently solve the complexity of outbound and success tracking for our clients - we manage Outreach for our clients. We can quickly get new messaging rolling, and determine its success in 8-10 business days.

Outreach review by Vas B.
Vas B.

"Time saver + efficiency booster for sales teams of 1 to 10,000"

What do you like best?

Sequences/cadences are now a 'standard feature' in sales tools. But what Outreach has done differently is, they made sequences more robust than any other sales engagement platform. It's difficult to understand what 'robust' truly means until you've had a bad experience with another sales tool. To us, it means you can find a way to do anything you like in Outreach with no hard limitations.

Support is quick & helpful, their TSEs and AI team are world class.

What do you dislike?

Depending on your hardware and network setup, Voice (voip calling feature) will act up periodically. However, it's not always on Outreach, as it may have to do with your headset / mic / speakers / firewall.

Many times while using local presence you will get call backs from people looking to reach other businesses; this is because Outreach's local presence matching doesn't work right. Local Presence pricing is exorbitant & not easy to disable, even after you contact support & ask directly to have it turned off. The old pricing was $1/mo/number, so if your rep cold calls full time... they can blow through 400-500 local area numbers in a month! As a result, your monthly cost will exceed what you might expect. I wish Outreach would do a better job of matching call backs to the correct caller (this has been on their radar for over a year and they are yet to fix this).

You cannot control the font color in emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it if you need any of the above:

- Increase rep activity

- Eliminate SFDC data entry

- Scale your sales org

We've doubled the size of our company in 4 months with Outreach.

Outreach review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Fantastic platform for enabling sales development "

What do you like best?

Outreach was amazing for task based outbound. Outreach allows you to set up tasks for account based outbound and then complete them depending on what type of cadence you build. I really loved the Linkedin integration, making it very easy to utilize the sales navigator functionality. Because outreach has a dashboard with daily tasks to complete, it easily gives you can idea of what needs to be done to hit daily and weekly metrics.

What do you dislike?

The support was typically pretty slow and it always took a while to figure out the problem. Also the platform seemed to suffer from performance issues at times, slowing down to a crawl and making it tough to use on several occasions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you learn how to effectively use the tool. There is so much more than just the email functionality. The Linkedin feature is second to none.

Task based outbound is easy in outreach, and after using both Salesloft and outreach, it is much easier to use Outreach. However both platforms are equally effective so it can come down to personal preference.

Outreach review by Stephen G.
Stephen G.

"The way I get more meetings with Outreach"

What do you like best?

I like the tracking / task feature that Outreach provides. In my role as an Inside Sales rep, my sole responsibility is to get meetings for my senior reps. To do this I need to have different messaging going to different people within different time frames. I need to know when to call a High priority prospect vs. a lower one. Outreach helps me keep track of the people I need to call/email/ LinkedIn in order for me to be successful.

What do you dislike?

The search functionality in Outreach is not the best. You have to be EXACT when searching within Outreach to find a prospect, sequence, etc. which can cost me time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is THE tool to use for sales development roles. You can create your own campaigns that can be easily created and modified to fit the role/title of any prospects at any account within any industry.

The level of control is awesome as you can start/stop campaigns at any time. They have GREAT support that has only been improving in the 2+ years I've been using Outreach.

The biggest problem in my role is to make sure I'm achieving enough activity during the day/week/month in order to hit my quota. Outreach helps me do this by providing key visibility into those prospects that are clicking/engaging with my messaging. It's a great way to get insight into who's interested and needs a call.

Outreach review by Omar N.
Omar N.

"Makes my job as a BDR so much easier"

What do you like best?

the complete automation. I can sequence and let the automation run, automatically giving me the tasks that I need to do.. also, the population of call tasks with multiple opens is a great feature. I really like the sequences that you can build as well as the templates, those are very helpful.

I also like the fact that I can see everything I can do in outreach in my Gmail portal, really saves time from having to go back and forth.

What do you dislike?

- it does not work well with Grammarly

- You cant mass create a call task from the outbox (i.e. i would want to call everyone that opened my email)

- I would like it to be able to push stuff to SF, so a two-way integration would be nice

- make it easier to sort and search through my contacts/prospects

- it can run a little slow sometimes, which is annoying when i have stuff to do

Recommendations to others considering the product

- easier to transfer tasks

- easier to create manual tasks in bulk

- better UI

- better way to search and filter for tasks

As a BDr, it has helped me completely automate and expedite my outreach process. Just throw things into a sequence and bam! make me able to reach out to a larger group of people. Really helps me organize my day to day as well, i can just go into my tasks and know what i need to accomplish for the day

Outreach review by Adam E.
Adam E.

"Adam Eccles - Workfront"

What do you like best?

Tasks, 360 View (when it works), going through tasks, account and prospect notes.

What do you dislike?

Account notes don’t load, and can’t be added.

Individual prospects aren’t showing up in the account notes field, that I know should be there. For example, Adel Bekheit at SC Johnson.

Slow, lag.

Note taking during phone calls, dialing numbers and extensions, trying to hang up, clicking any button at all has a huge lag. This has been the case for 8 months +.

Can’t bulk compete or finish prospects from tasks or sequences. Can’t even do this one at a time from Task View.

360 View of Tasks Due tile shrunk significantly.

Put Lead Source in the Prospect Profile

Marking a prospect “Finished” shouldn’t kick them out of the queue, to where you have to go hunt them down to get more info or provide more notes.

Still some confusion on ending a prospect in one sequence and move them to another sequence.

When closing out the little black task view tab on the right, why does the screen have to automatically revert back to the 360 View?

Prospect Tags

Please show prospect tags next to their name in 360 view!

Stop Automatic Advance:

Stop auto-advancing to the next task. It just makes everything more complicated/confusing.

Search for prospects with multiple tags (and/or)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the best prospecting tool out there, but I wish it was better.

Keeping track of prospects, following up with them. Viewing who I have spoken to, etc. Listing accounts and prospects in one place.

Outreach review by Zack S.
Zack S.

"Critical efficiency gains for modern sales reps via data driven decisions and automation"

What do you like best?

I like the sequences, templates, and snippets features the best. I can craft individual emails that have appropriate messaging for certain use cases and save it as a template, so when a relevant conversation arises I have a perfected email ready to go so I don't need to craft it every time. Similarly, a sequence of templates are a great way to automatically prospect to your territory and build brand awareness, and get easy meetings if the messaging and timing is on-point. Snippets are ways I save specific content like case studies, my availability for the week, objection handling, etc so I can add relevant content to custom one-offs quickly.

What do you dislike?

lack of calendar integration features. Being able to drag over your availability via calendar plugin and professionally present available times for meetings would be awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to fully understand the functionality, tips and tricks, so you get the most out of the tool.

Data driven decision making on how to perfect emails, outreach efforts in general. It provides the automation needed to message at scale. It lets us collaborate effectively with peers so we don't all need to reinvent the wheel, if someone has a good email or sequence, we can simply clone it. It's also great for getting new reps up to speed quickly.

Outreach review by Drew P.
Drew P.

"A good step forward for sales professionals"

What do you like best?

The ability to create custom snippets & templates is a big time saver. I often write emails, with 20-30% of the content being custom and the remaining 70-80% being content that I'll repurpose from a snippet or template. This is extremely helpful not having to copy and paste this information.

What do you dislike?

I still struggle with how to best manage follow up activities and my personal workflow. Not everything needs to be in a sequence so is it best to create a task or have an email bumped back to your inbox? The task interface within Outreach leaves a lot to be desired, specifically when trying to draft an email.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We also considered Salesloft. We felt that Outreach had a cleaner and slightly more intuitive interface.

Outreach helps tremendously when you are trying to prospect. It helps provide organization and structure around who you're trying to target, the message you send and you're follow up. I have had a few people positively reply to me after a 3 or 4 step sequence.

Outreach review by Mark D.
Mark D.

"Increasing Your Strategic Account Based Productivity"

What do you like best?

Outreach allows you to "Set it and Forget it!". . . except you don't forget it. You will have a more productive day by just adding your best contacts to sequences that automatically remind you to do your job....every day!

What do you dislike?

Every so often you will get a glitch where a sequence will pause because of "throttling" (sending too many emails to one specific company). The glitch is when it pauses when you are not at the threshold, or it will not unpause even the next day.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you implement correctly, take the time to do it right. Once it is set up your users will build their habits upon the guidelines that you have outlined.

Our team has become more productive, but also more focused on the right people in the right accounts. You have your call list every day and you have the emails that you need to send every day all at a glance.

Outreach review by Sean R.
Sean R.

"Powerful tool. Great for automating email outreach. "

What do you like best?

ease of sending pre built sequences to incoming leads. or batch uploads to larger groups of contacts that I'm trying to reach out to. I have many different sequences built out for every different lead type. I have certain sequences for trials. and other sequences built out for webinar leads or trade shows. And being able to quickly and easily use one of my pre built sequences to do outreach to the appropriate lead type is extremely beneficial for me as I can quickly put them on a sequence that is relevant to them, and frees up my time to then do other things, while they receive the messaging they should.

What do you dislike?

bounce limit only being 5% of 125 emails or more is insanely low. Thats only 6 emails! I could invite a large group of prospects to meet up or something and just like that Outreach will lock me out of sending emails for 24 hours!?! that's crazy. Even if all 6 bounces are different email domains.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes I definitely recommend Outreach to others. It's the best sales outreach automation tool I've ever used peronally.

SLA's around reaching out to incoming leads. Making sure I put a touch point on every incoming lead. Helping automate my outreach to free up time for me to do other things.

Outreach review by Katelyn P.
Katelyn P.

"Outreach helps me work smarter"

What do you like best?

I love being able to automate so many manual processes. From email cadences, to call tasks and tagging of leads, I can do so much more, that would not be possible without it. I like that I can focus on what's important, and use the platform to prioritize my work. I like the support their offer, which is in real time and very responsive, and that we get updated on new features that will improve our experience with the platform.

What do you dislike?

It is an intricate tool, and not all features are super easy to understand when you want to get a bit more granular. Once you have figured out the small details, it's great, you just have to invest the time to get to know the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend Outreach to others looking for a sales enablement tool. I simply could not do my job as well without it. There is something new I discover each day to increase some efficiency, or automate more processes. It has helped me have more intelligent conversations and reflections with my team about what is working/what is not.

We are solving repetitive, monotonous tasks, that need to be done but aren't easy to do without Outreach. Outreach is used to work faster, and get more done in a shorter period of time. We are able to make more educated decisions on what content works best/should be changed, because of the ability to pull metrics and numbers.

Outreach review by Eliza B.
Eliza B.

"Improved my whole sales process"

What do you like best?

I like that when you click on a lead all the information you need is on the dashboard in front of you. You can see the time, number of touches, LinkedIn info and personal notes. When viewed in a smartview I can easily move on to the next person as I log an activity.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I try to click "overview" in the upper left-hand corner of a prospect it clicks on the home icon instead which can be frustrating. I make that mistake at least once or twice a day.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend making the most out of Outreach. There are a lot of functions that I wouldn't initially know is there but with the help of my colleagues we've found that we can streamline a lot of the processes that we were having to do daily. It's worth familiarizing yourself with everything Outreach has to offer. In the past I have always had hundreds of overdue tasks that stressed me out and made me overwhelmed. Since using Outreach I've found that i can stay on top of my tasks so much easier than I did before. Take the stress out of the process, no more copy and pasting. There's no more need to have a window open for each lead, slowing your computer down and leading to computer crashes. Outreach has fixed almost all my problems.

We are keeping better track of our leads, I'm making more dials and touches and prioritizing so much better.

Outreach review by Amelie H.
Amelie H.

"Amelie Review as BD / Sales on Credit team of CircleUp"

What do you like best?

I love the outreach sequences - they allow me to automatically follow up with people (thousands of prospects) without me having to manually email them. I love being able to easily edit the sequences when one of our products changes or we want to try a new tactic for outreach.

What do you dislike?

The Gmail extension for Outreach does not let me add someone to a sequence. I can import the template and customize it, but even when I try to add them to the sequence, it will only put them in a task to do within Outreach. I would like to be able to send the email and add them to the sequence within the gmail template.

We are reaching out to entrepreneurs of CPG companies to see if they would be interested in our loans. Outreach is helping us solve the manual drafting of emails and adding contacts by bullk importing our selected contacts and using a template to email them all. I love being able to customize the outreach if i want to, or just automatically send out one template to all people.

Outreach review by Elizabeth W.
Elizabeth W.

"Great for both high volume and high touch outreach"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about outreach is that it supports data-driven decision-making that enables us to optimize both our high touch and high volume outreach efforts. Our business development teams use Outreach within the context of an Agile framework where we continuously experiment and adapt in short cycles. The A/B testing allows us to continuously improve. The new opportunities feature is enabling daily standups with the team. The availability of email threads and notes is providing us with a level of transparency and data that our stakeholders appreciate and trust.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I dislike is the lack of ability to manage at the account level. Stages are tied to prospects, but we need to have a sense of stages for accounts. The opportunities are new and definitely need some tuning. Ability to pull all activity data would be very helpful. Ability to track and undo account deletions is important. Full backups of all data (including activity data) for restoring the database is critical.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cleaning up account data caused by importing duplicates can be extremely painful. Make sure you manage your data well and remove dups before importing.

The main business problem is the need to scale high-touch engagement with thousands of contacts in order to achieve a very personalized journey for each. With Outreach, we are able to nurture relationships and grow the ecosystem for the companies we serve at a scale that was previously unattainable.

Outreach review by User

"Great Streamlined Process, Occasionally Inaccurate Tracking and Disorganized Back End"

What do you like best?

Outreach provides a very complete view of a prospect and account, including all activity. It makes our hunting process simple, and protects from tasks falling through the cracks by tracking all sequenced communications.

What do you dislike?

The backend of Outreach is created in a way that limits the ability to search to specific pages. For example, you can't search based on tags in every page, nor can you select and create tags on every page.

The email opens and clicks are inaccurate more often than not. It has some quirks - like allowing a user to create a call task on a prospect with no phone number. The recorded voicemail feature is far from reliable, with odd sounds and fuzzy backgrounds, as well as a long delay for the message to play!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is vital to set up a company Outreach instance correctly from the get-go, as the program can quickly become bottlenecked and clumsy. Make sure to name and map fields so that Outreach can talk to other primary CRM programs.

The biggest positive outcome of using Outreach is eliminating the need to remember tasks or followup, and the ability to automate cold outbound communications so the team can focus on strategic account based activity. The account activity is shown in a big picture view that allows for transparency we use to remove internal miscommunications.

Outreach review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"An Always Advancing Tool For An Always Advancing Workforce"

What do you like best?

Outreach allows me to be a data scientist on my sales process. I design everything from my snippets and email templates, sequences, meeting types, and marketing funnels through outreach. The system is designed to allow me to try many things at once, and learn what is going to work best for me and my company or process. Everybody is different, and this tailors the system to make me most effective.

What do you dislike?

There are hang-ups with being able to link inbound email respondents to outreach when there are multiple respondents in the email. I want to be able to click a button, and import everyone in an email thread as a contact in outreach. Even the ability to edit multiple contacts all at once. I need to be able to add contacts faster, and then sync them with salesforce, all in one move in few seconds/actions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a core tool in any business that needs to prospect and contact leads in mass/bulk. You can build any successful marketing business using Salesforce, Outreach, G-Suite, and something like Datanyze or Clearbit.

I'm able to quickly know who I have contacted, who is being contacted, and who I need to contact. That means I'm able to manage my email pipeline, and ultimately drive actions which will yield revenue.

Through the use of custom sequences built on custom templates, I have been able to make marketing funnels that work better than my colleagues. The ability to compare data is helpful for seeing where bottlenecks occur in the email funnel system.

Outreach review by Nate R.
Nate R.

"Sales as a Science"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Outreach is that it is consistently on the forefront of sales tools and methodologies with new features and functionalities introduced all the time. Through their tools, content, and service they show a constant thought leadership in the space that keeps me confident in the product. When you want to turn sales into more than calls or emails, but campaigns, with

message continuity, reportable metrics, AB testing, and even cutting edge pieces like linkedin or text message steps, you come to outreach.

What do you dislike?

While outreach does a fantastic job on its core functionalities, I still see a lot of value in the advanced targeting and lead scoring functionality some newer tools are building into their products. Inbound nothing is better, but if I was going to build a system just for outbound and wanted to reduce the costs of having to buy something like outreach, zoominfo, and sales nav, I would look elsewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a serious look at all the tools around before you start, this is a great tool but, there are other tools out there that have better functionality in some areas that might be a better fit for your individual needs.

Outreach has allowed us to consistently follow up with every single inbound and conference lead with relevant messaging letting us pipe more opportunities from inbound leads and increase our event ROI dramatically. Beyond that is has provided a great functionality when for AE's to follow up post demo and maximize response rates while reducing workload.

Outreach review by User in Computer Software

"Outreach makes prospecting a breeze! "

What do you like best?

The sharing of templates is very easy. Building and cloning templates and sequences are user-friendly. I like the tagging aspect for templates as well.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to set time zones for prospects in the system so emails will go out appropriately based on whatever time zone they are in.

I would like an easier thread style to view the emails between a prospect and myself.

I would like the ability to see what another co-worker has sent via email in the past to a prospect inside of outreach.

Linkedin integration would be nice too!

An easier way to see how many prospects you are contacting from a single company would be nice also.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their product support is extremely helpful and responds fast. They keep improving the product and making innovations that the community really wants.

Easier to outbound to more prospects a day using Outreach. Because we can cast a wider net in a month period than before we are able to conduct more demos in a month leading to more sales.

Outreach review by Monet d.
Monet d.

"Great UX! Necessary for anyone in sales"

What do you like best?

Outreach is a great tool for helping me take care of misc. tasks that I would often forget without it. More often than not, my customers are not responding to my emails. The follow-up features are extremely helpful for making sure my customers get what they need.

What do you dislike?

There are trivial random UI/UX problems that I have through the platform. The editing of an email is one. I often have trouble changing the font. I also wish that I could have my font default set to each individual person (instead of a set font for entire company). Duplicates contacts/accounts seem to be a problem within my company, and I wish there was an easier way to identify/combine them in Outreach, as we do in SalesForce. It seems the 'smart search' is no longer available for when updating fields. I also work on the support side, so there are a lot of features that we could benefit from if the Orders object was mapped, the possibilities in variable tags would be amazing!!!!

Multiple problems: 1. Task Management, I nor my team at MasteryPrep ever had a solid task management feature that was easy to use. 2. Follow-up, following up with my customers has never been easier. The "create task if no-reply" feature has saved my ass. 3. Number of touches, with automatic emails/sequences, we can make personal touches to over thousands of teachers, giving the appearance that we genuinely care and emailed every single one of them!

Outreach review by Dani S.
Dani S.

"Best Sales Organization Program"

What do you like best?

Outreach has helped me stay organized, make sure to follow up with key leads and is easy for my organization to pass new leads to me efficiently. I love the integrations with SalesForce and look forward to integrations with more of our other applications as it really helps simplify things for us.

What do you dislike?

Some of the changes are rolled out without much notice so you'll need to kind of "figure it out" on your own but the changes are good once you learn how to use the new features. It would be great if they had more training opportunities available (or if they'd make them known because I"m not aware of them)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get to know your local Outreach rep. and schedule a demo/training. This helped our team work through some of the smaller issues/questions that many of our reps. had but didn't know who to ask the questions to.

I believe Outreach is the most effective productivity tool for sales professionals who are making lots of calls. The organization of the program is simple and easy to use. The integration with SalesForce is crucial for our business operations and so far, we feel the two programs work very well together.

Outreach review by Miles M.
Miles M.

"8 Month User of Outreach"

What do you like best?

Ease of Use, Pretty UX, Organization works well with my day to day activities. When someone opens up the email and you see the eye icon. Never seen that before and it's a game changer!!

Additionally, I appreciate metrics and # of active tasks and sequences that I can always keep track of. This ensures that no individual will miss any potential call or email that I send out to everyone. When I want to keep messages short, I can simply put in a snippet.

What do you dislike?

No list of tutorials inside the UX. This would help new teams brush up on Outreach day to day.

Honestly not sure what else I dislike, this UX is ver helpful and I'll review it again after one year.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn as much as you can in the first month to prepare for organization of sales leads

Make sure you watch when people open up your emails... This allows one to follow up more efficiently and respond to people considerably faster.

Keep your notes organized for each contact. This will make prospecting a lot more efficient! :)

Sales prospecting accounts, Emailing and calling more effectively

Quality and ease of large scale emails can be done so much more easily. It's a game changer for a sales role. I'm very happy that I have a tool that allows me to enjoy looking at the UX all day, with support anytime I need it. Issues arise and the support team is quick to respond to anything, even with a chat bubble.

Outreach review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"OUTREACH IS AMAZING"

What do you like best?

I love the automated features that it provides. As a sales person, we all know consistency is key. Outreach helps that with several ways to automate emails. reminds, tasks etc.

What do you dislike?

I have come across several examples of uploading issues when bringing in new prospects through CSV files. The whole sequence thing is also kinda messy as you need to make sure they are in the correct stage and make sure they have not been contacted recently etc.

I would also love for their to be a search duplicate prospects/merge feature as I have seen many prospects come up multiple times as they have multiple emails. It is a simple as deleting them but a merge function would be much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the program, play with it and learn it.

Automation is one of the features that Outreach excels in. I can create emails and have them sent out at a later time which is an amazing feature. This is just icing on the cake though as you can still trach clicks, opens etc through the platform.

Outreach review by Constantine T.
Constantine T.

"It is great!"

What do you like best?

Outreach helps me dictate which prospects are important, which helps me spend my time wisely. I love the feature of starring prospects, sequencing, etc. Overall, great tool. I also like the aesthetics of outreach as a whole- i think the information is presented in a clean and straight-forward way that allows me to understand where I'm at in terms of sequencing, where i'm at with the prospects that I've already engaged in, and what and where I need todo in order to really drive my business home.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the problems that emerge sometimes; most of the time my VPOP is expired or it wont let me log a call, which means i need to refresh the page and then start over on my tasks. Not sure if it is a technical thing or whether its my wifi, but sometimes I've found that outreach can be pretty slow. This affects my ability to reach out to prospects and whether or not I'd catch them at a good time. Overall though I really like outreach and I will continue to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool

I find that this allows me to reach the right prospects, seeing which email is generating the most views, and spend my time wisely with those who open emails more often than others. I also like the ability to go after multiple companies all at once- this allows me to widen my horizons and really make an impact when i'm reaching out to these other companies.

Outreach review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Outreach-Your personal assistant"

What do you like best?

I think Outreach is great for keeping track of tasks you have to do. Everyday it will tell you what specific task is due...whether it be an email, or a phone call. It also sends emails for you automatically, which is a huge time saver. It really lessens the manual work load for my day. I mainly take advantage of the Sequence feature which keeps tracks of all my prospects and sends them emails on specific days I choose. It's super organized.

What do you dislike?

For the most part, Outreach is pretty simple to use. However, there are a few things here and there that I have to google how to do. For example, in a sequence, if I want my prospects to get their second email at a specific time, I cant just choose 'send this email at 6pm EST'. I have to go back into my settings and create a whole new sequence schedule. Other than that, I don't really have any problems with it.

Outreach keeps tracks of everything I have to each work day. Without it, I would have a million post-it notes on my desk telling me to call these people, and email so and so at these specific days and times. Outreach keeps everything neat and organized and alerts me of when I'm supposed to do things. I love the automated email feature, especially due to the amount of emails I send every week, I couldn't imagine having to manually do those. Outreach also assist me in customer response and retention rates and gives me percentages at the end of each week to track my progress which is super helpful.

Outreach review by Administrator

"Best Sales Enablement SaaS on the Market Today"

What do you like best?

Outreach's sales enablement solution is the current market leader for sales development teams to use today. We've evaluated the major players, and implementing Outreach from a rip and replace of another system was not a difficult process.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. There was certainly a learning curve in understanding how the architecture is set up, and where things are in the backend. Thankfully, their implementation team has done a great job of getting us up and running.

Looking forward to their continual improvement of their integration with Salesforce and bringing in other SFDC objects into Outreach.

With the current sales organization that we have, we are looking to automate a lot of the manual tasks that our Sales Development team would have to do with out a system. These include the logging of emails and calls into our CRM, pulling up what task in their sequence they should do next, as well as being able to see which sequence converts better (and be able to do A/B testing of these).

Outreach review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Excellent automated sales tool to reach prospects"

What do you like best?

Scheduling - Ease of scheduling emails

Sequencing- Ease of having back to back emails sent on their platform

Dashboard - Bird's eye view of team's activity

Transparency - Different teams have a clear vision on activities on accounts, leads & activity .

Email tracking - Open rates and more or less accurate

What do you dislike?

Bug - A few bugs which come by and log a user out of the platform, that also happens occasionally. A drop of voice quality has been noticed but that could be our network.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please go ahead with the tool if your team is trying to solve Scheduling,

Sequencing, Dashboard ,Transparency 0r Email tracking . It's an out of box solution which works very well without much help from their support teams.

Sent emails, maintain transparency around teams and track team's activity - Leads, emails sent, calls .

Outreach review by Alec A.
Alec A.

"Valuable features, UX and Reporting could use some tweaks"

What do you like best?

The amount of sales tasks that can be easily automated with their feature set. Sequences and triggers allow us to get a lot more done with a lot less effort.

What do you dislike?

The user experience could be much better. Too many clicks are required to accomplish certain tasks and information about specific prospects and accounts isn't always available within the interface that you'd like it to be (e.g. a one-off email that has been scheduled can only be viewed from within a user's outbox rather than on a prospect's profile).

Also, reporting is billed as more effective than it is. The metrics you're able to see within the platform are limited or not available in one place.

Thanks to our ability to automate many of the tasks that our team was previously spending countless hours on doing manually, we're able to do more outreach and have realized a slight uptick in the number of opportunities generated as a result.

Outreach review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Outreach helped us build our process and get results! "

What do you like best?

Outreach is easy to set up and use whether synced with Salesforce or using as a stand alone sales acceleration platform. The ability to have 360 View helps my reps know the most likely prospects to reach out to during a given day. Reps can easily track their activity and set up tasks. Sequences ensure each prospect gets the touches needed to connect and close. The reporting makes coaching easy and fun. Outreach is our right arm for outbound prospecting.

What do you dislike?

The software used to be slow and glitchy but I have not had any problems lately at all. My team loves this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Speak with a Rep! They are knowledgeable and want to provide a consultative experience.

We needed to develop a systematic outbound process in order to realize revenue while being as efficient and productive as possible. Outreach helps us automate processes, keep track of important metrics, and develop a process that is working in realizing our revenue goals.

Outreach review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

I use outreach at work every single day. My company uses this as the main vehicle to make outbound, or take inbound calls, because it is absolutely phenomenal at it. This helps us keep track of our clients, create tasks, and stay on top of any emails emailed to (received, and opened by) clients. We also integrate it with ambition to keep track of individual employee productivity.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, due to whatever reason, our calls can drop in the middle of conversations, or we are unable to make any calls at all. This is clearly a frustration for all of the employees, as we can't really do our job at all. Thankfully, issues like this don't take more than 2-3 hours to resolve. Also, they need to come up with a smoother way of utilizing outreach on our smartphones. That feature would be very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes I would recommend Outreach to companies, and friends. It is one of the best products to use for the purpose of cold calling. Although it is far from flawless, because sometimes, it just lags, or doesn't let us make outbound calls, it does its job most of the time. Whenever there is a problem, a quick call to their team prompts a fast response.

My company uses this as the main vehicle to make outbound, or take inbound calls, stay on top of tasks pertaining to each client, and send emails.

Outreach review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Outreach eliminates micromanaging your pipeline so you can focus on what matters"

What do you like best?

The best part of Outreach by far is the hundreds of micro-decisions you make in managing your pipeline - decision fatigue as a sales rep is a real productivity killer - are automatically managed, so you can increase the activities that make you successful. It's a phenomenal software

What do you dislike?

I can't say I love how prospect notes/account notes aren't able to be displayed simultaneously by things like email replies or past activity - the UI isn't bad by any means, but it seems like it could be improved upon or have a little more customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can't speak to the experience with other sales process management tools, but Outreach has been great on all fronts as a user, and the company is headed in a great direction!

Sales process automation

Outreach review by Casey S.
Casey S.

"THE outbound tool for sales professionals"

What do you like best?

The best part of outreach is the A/B testing functionality. I can create a campaign and A/B test the subject lines for open rates, then iterate on the best subjects by maximizing the copy. Outreach automatically divides prospects through the A/B process, or you can denote it, yourself.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice if you could log multiple calls in a task. For example, if I call a number when I'm working through my X number of tasks a day and the number is WRONG, when I want to call a second number it overrides that task unless I want to exit my queue and log a whole new call. Maybe there's a better way to do it, but I don't know it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They have an academy that can help you understand the capabilities of Outreach. Check it out to make sure it aligns with what you're looking for.

Outreach is helping me to reach out to more people who may not need high-touch custom email campaigns. It helps me identify key information from my prospect companies to understand if they are *even* a prospect to begin with.

Outreach review by Amber L.
Amber L.

"REALLY helpful for sales reps"

What do you like best?

This allows me to see how many times a potential client has engaged so I can gauge their level of interest.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes if I open an email from my own personal cell phone it will tell me that the client opened it. I also don’t like that you can’t copt and paste screenshots. You have to input through the picture feature.

Solving the ability to know when an email has been opened and how often so that I can follow up accordingly. When I see an email is opened by a recently demo’d client then I call right away!!

Outreach review by Rich M.
Rich M.

"Best Sales, CS, and Marketing Tool on the market"

What do you like best?

Sequencing call email, email call, inserting call scripts, metric tracking, local presence dialing, click to call, and I Could go on...

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike on our end, but Outreach is the lamborghini of sales automation tools. Without a good driver, you can crash. With a great driver, the possibilities are endless.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Find others, attend an AA-ISP meeting, and map your use cases before you start implementing. Consider access controls (I.E template proliferation) and who owns your messaging.

Onboarding SDR, AE, and CS Roles. Renewals workflows - we leverage to remind and connect with anyone who has a renewal. Product announcements from our CS team. Email and call logging into SFDC. We've scaled with the same 6 person SDR team to be able to grow our business 200% in 2 years without adding a single head. Have a sub 10% churn rate and increased long-term renewals.

Outreach review by Guillaume S.
Guillaume S.
View Original December 7, 2016

"A MUST if you do Outbound Sales"

What do you like best?

Task management makes my day easy and allows me to manage my time effectively.

Very easy to run elaborate sequences to reach prospects.

Connect rates and pipeline generation has increased since using outreach.

What do you dislike?

I wish that tasks could bydirectionally sync with SFDC

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to learn it and use the tool the right way.

Managing multiple cohorts of prospects at different stages or sequences at once. Using task management, you can easily see what you have to do. It is also possible to get data on what is working and what is not.

Moved off of spreadsheets

Outreach review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Solid emailing tool with limitations for marketing use case"

What do you like best?

I've been using Outreach for years now and I've always been impressed by the admin features which allows a lot of control to set up permissions for user profiles. Also, Outreach offers a lot of options for mailbox settings (the SendGrid integration is great). The UI and the depth of the Salesforce integration are also huge selling points for Outreach. In addition, Outreach has great safety features that will prevent human error like adding the same contact twice to the same sequence.

What do you dislike?

I initially chose Outreach because at the time they were ahead of the competition when it comes to automation features. Unfortunately, not many improvements have been made on this front in the last year. Particularly, it can be tricky to use Outreach for both inbound and outbound use cases. For instance, there is no way to prioritized inbound emails over outbound emails and if you have a lot of outbound emails already queued, the inbound emails would have to wait to be sent. Also, when I signed up there weren't any sending limitation per user but now users can only send up to 5,000 emails per week and this limitation is independent from Gmail (I'm using SendGrid and still limited to 5,000). Not great if you have large list of customers you want to email. If you want to send more emails you would have to purchase multiple outreach and salesforce licenses per sales rep and then user management becomes a nightmare. I wish their pricing structure would be more flexible by allowing the purchasing of additional email volume independently from the number of user seats. Finally, while using Salesforce reports to automatically pulled new contacts from Salesforce into Outreach overnight is a great feature, it just doesn't work. The feature has been broken for more than a year and had never been fixed. As the results, I have to import contacts manually which is a very inefficient process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking to send no more than 500 emails per day per user, Outreach is a great tool, above this you may start hitting some roadblocks.

I started to use outreach to prospect new customers. Outreach has allowed us to structure and automate many part of this process. The program has grown a lot however some limitations from Outreach has prevented us to scale the program as much as we would like to. Also, I considered using Outreach for inbound leads but has mentioned above, there are challenges in implement both outbound and inbound workflows in Outreach.

Outreach review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Outreach Maiden Voyage"

What do you like best?

Outreach is an awesome tool. It has greatly improved our outbound email and calling engagement and increased the number of prospects we can reach in a given day. I really like the ability to see the breakdown of calls, emails, tasks so we can report on productivity and adjust accordingly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike logging in every day to outreach. I know this is not a huge problem, but would be really cool if Outreach could integrate with our authentication tool.

From a management perspective, Outreach is solving a huge business problem of being able to accurately report on productivity. Because everything is tracked, it's easy to see top performers and areas that need improvement. It's also awesome that Outreach activity history shows in Salesforce which makes it easy for reps to see prior activity with a prospect/account.

Outreach review by Shaun H.
Shaun H.

"Outreach smarter with Outreach"

What do you like best?

- Ease of use and setup on the platform was extremely easy. My Outreach customer success manager was with me every step of the way, and empowered me and the team to be able to continue to setup the tool to our liking.

- Top-notch support from their support team. Anytime I have a simple question support related, I send an email, and they're quick to respond and help me resolve the issue.

- Outreach voice has been the best dialer I've used. Quality is great, the local dial numbers are great. A+

- Automating emails and using mail merge field to make custom emails

- A/B Testing

- Integrations in Salesforce, DiscoverOrg, Outlook, etc

- Process Automation

What do you dislike?

Not much. They have a great team adding features all the time. I see something new every week.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy it.

reps wasting time sending emails

planning their day

losing prospects

better followups

email tracking

A/B testing

Outreach review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best product in our sales stack"

What do you like best?

Outreach makes task management easy. Instead of constantly setting reminders and writing post-it notes, I am able to view all tasks in Outreach and easily sort through prospects and customers by location. The transparency into who owns a prospect and details of email opens and replies is really great. The gmail plugin makes it really easy to track emails without writing them from the platform. Outreach Voice is really easy to setup and use from an admin point of view. Our customer success manager is always available and doesn't hesitate to set up a call if we have questions.

What do you dislike?

The analytics and reporting could be a lot better. Currently, you have to click through multiple options and screens in order to get some of the metrics that I would like to see.

We have been able to increase SDR and AE productivity by automating a lot of lower value tasks and focusing on efficiency. In the time since we have been using Outreach, we've grown the sales team by almost 5X.

Learn more about Outreach

Outreach Videos

Learning about Outreach?

* We monitor all Outreach reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(1,389)