Oracle Commerce

3.9

The Oracle Commerce Platform (formerly ATG Commerce) allows the most complex digital businesses to innovate in time with market changes and expand quickly and easily to new touch points and geographies.

Work for Oracle Commerce?

Learning about Oracle Commerce?

Oracle Commerce Reviews

Showing 113 Oracle Commerce reviews
Oracle Commerce review by Madison H.
Madison H.

"Oracle Retail Review"

What do you like best?

I like how everything you could possibly need in a retail world (i.e. styles, style numbers, colors, etc.) is all organized in the system. It's easy to go in and write orders and make changes to send off. I like how the system is organized like a SQL system and it makes sense on how to get things done once you take the time to learn the system.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to use another system to enter these in and have them communicate. We have also had issues with items that only need an hour tops to batch that end up needing to batch overnight. To wait for that communication in between systems to happen tends to slow down business when you are trying to work quickly through business when they expect a quick turnaround.

We are always writing orders and moving the business forward with the software. I'm unaware of any other software that allows for all of these applications to happen in one program. The software allows us to continually make changes and resend the new information to the vendor.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Oracle Commerce
Oracle Commerce review by jose david c.
jose david c.

"Improve your sales with Oracle Commerce"

What do you like best?

oracle commerce is an electronic commerce software where I can market the producer of my company, has a very innovative platform that is at the forefront of electronic commerce, allows us as traders to perform different searches, customize and include different promotions on this software. It also has a wide variety of functions that allow you to enter a market as large as the electronic commerce and be able to carry out sales campaigns that bring you greater benefits, without a doubt it is a very sophisticated platform that helps you sell your brand in the national market as international.

What do you dislike?

electronic commerce is very broad and sometimes there are many skills there is nothing particular about the software that I dislike, could be said that it is only that you have to be patient because you expect your brand to position quickly in the market and this sometimes is late the truth is, a short term may increase sales in relation to other months but not in a significant way as you would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your small or medium company wishes to venture into the electronic commerce market with oracle commerce, you will have the ideal platform to adapt to your needs and improve sales, it is a very reliable service, and above all it is very innovative. If you still do not have a product that guarantees this, you are waiting to start increasing the profits of your business.

improves sales performance and also takes control of payment processing managing shipments, orders and making a strict follow-up. It allows us to personalize the application so that we feel identified with the brand so that consumers and customers of us also do it. It also provides you with a secure search of the different products offered by the company for sale.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

Oracle Commerce review by Heiko M.
Heiko M.

"Ease of going global"

What do you like best?

We recently implemented Oracle Commerce Cloud (OCC) for our customers. Our customers consist of B2C as well as a B2B interactions. OCC can be used to build online shops including payment gateways, inventory management, and fulfillment. It can also be integrated with many existing backend systems, such as ERP, CRM etc. OCC is part of the Oracle CX Suite, so it has connectors to Oracle Service Cloud and Oracle Marketing Cloud to just name two, which helps us to build a rich customer experience.

What do you dislike?

No versioning of the code within the cloud. It needs to be done in external systems. Also, the code can be changed in the cloud, but then needs to be backported into the IDE and the version control system. This is something we wish could be more streamlined into an internal easy process.

We are utilizing its internationalization capabilities because it makes it easy to build multinational and multilingual online shops. The benefit is that a business user can easily extend the catalog structure by adding new product attributes. They can also change the look and feel/design of the page without development.

Oracle Commerce review by Wendy M.
Wendy M.

"The best way for employees to manage themselves."

What do you like best?

I like that employees can handle their own payroll deductions, manage their own training by interacting with the website, and that it can be done without much interaction with the main office. Once they complete their training, it's all sent off and done.

What do you dislike?

The interface is through Internet Explorer, or at least is through my workplace. I wish we could use it on other browsers (Chrome, FIrefox) .

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of the best interactive systems I've used for work, and I really like it. I wish I had this in previous jobs, which used separate payroll and training programs for their workplaces.

It's pretty much an employee self-service for their training. There is very little need to explain things to a new employee until they come to work to do the hands-on stuff.

Oracle Commerce review by Rose K.
Rose K.

"Best integration system"

What do you like best?

We use Oracle Commerce Cloud for the e-commerce portion of our website. We're currently split between using OCC for the e-commerce portion and SiteCore for the Marketing and product information focus. It's far more robust and user-friendly than our previous e-commerce solution, with the ability to easily address our mobile optimization issues we've been experiencing, as well as easily running A/B tests to optimize conversion rates.

What do you dislike?

Initial implementation for us has been particularly expensive, and requires the use of multiple partners. Onboarding and initial build out can be difficult, with some potential far-reaching errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend postponing using Commerce Cloud. But as development usually takes place in Sprints, at least in our projects, I can recommend to start implementing the basic and start with the missing functionalities as soon as they are included in the new Cloud version. But this needs to be aligned with Oracle. So an assessment needs to be done upfront.

In any case, I can always recommend going with OCC, keeping in mind the other integrated products offered by Oracle

Oracle Commerce Cloud can be used by the employees. They can handle their own payroll deductions and manage their own training. It is a very interactive system. Oracle Commerce Cloud has the ability to integrate across multiple platforms such as phone, desktop, and laptop.

Oracle Commerce review by Jose Javier P.
Jose Javier P.

"eCommerce Project Manager"

What do you like best?

It is a robust solution, still you'll need an army of people to run it. Not intended for small or medium companies, this is a tool designed to work for huge retailers

What do you dislike?

Implementation time and costs are up the roof, not the best combination. Compared to other platforms in the market this one feels out dated

Recommendations to others considering the product

First thing is you'll spend a lot of money and you will not hit the market anytime soon, studies demonstrate that oracle commerce implementations average 1 to 4 years on implementation efforts

We were looking to replace our online groceries shopping inhouse solution to a platform built considering the market's best practices. The benefit we saw, is most of the needed functionality was there and we didn't needed to go develop it as we were doing with our inhouse solution

Oracle Commerce review by Antoine C.
Antoine C.

"Oracle Commerce AC "

What do you like best?

Some of the immediate features I like about the Oracle Commerce software, is its abilities to integrate across multiple platforms; such as: desktop, phone tablet and laptop. Oracle software provides, in their words a "blissful shopping experience" with their storefront functionality and hotkeys .

What do you dislike?

One of the items, I'm not so fond of, regarding Oracle Commerce is the licensing and fee structure. Many competitors provide a base price, with pricing plans for services and licensing, Oracle uses a consultative base.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using Oracle, be sure to evaluate the entire functionality front. Other than that, its a great software, have fun.

With Oracle, you are solving a few problems. To mention a few, you solve the product availability problem, goods for sale are often no longer available in brick&mortar locations. You solve the problem of time, we have no control over time, however, we can shop online with sites that uses Oracle, to speed up the acquisition process.

Oracle Commerce review by Consultant

"I am in eCommerce business since 12 years and did many projects with Oracle Commerce (ATG/Endeca)"

What do you like best?

I like the functionalities in the base product and the concepts behind ATG. Which means Repositories and components and the layering technology. You can integrate almost everything you like (3rd party) with this Oracle product. Scaling is quite easy and can be done vertically and horizontally. Caching/in memory tools (such as Coherence) can also be used.

What do you dislike?

Actually, there is nothing you cannot do with the product. The only thing which is a problem is that you have longer release cycles and business has less capabilities to make design changes on their own. There is not much more I don't like with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hire your product expert (Architect) and don't only rely on your system integrator.

Start with a 4-6 weeks analysis phase prior to implementation. Run workshops to identify as many out-of-the-box-functionalities as possible. After that check carefully what a target architecture could look like and then start your project phase.

Personalization is a good topic to solve with Oracle Commerce. With the Scenario Engine you have a strong tool to implement automatic processes and interact with your customer. You can implement different shipping and fulfillment methods. We also implemented headless capabilities and extended the REST API. Everything JAVA code can do can be added to ATG. Also a custom customer scoring was easy to be added with new repositories and extending existing components. Also search configuration and customer experience was easy to implement with ATG/Endeca.

Oracle Commerce review by User

"Oracle Commerce"

What do you like best?

Anything you need, oracle can help you with! I never ever had a problem using Oracle Commerce, the SQL-like organization makes it easy for anyone that has a minimum of knowledge.

What do you dislike?

The part that makes me sad about Oracle Commerce is that you have to use a completely different system to communicate... which makes things harder but still manageable

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend delaying using (the buying and selling of goods) Cloud. But as development usually happens in Runs, at least in our projects, I can recommend to start putting into use the basic and start with the missing abilities to do things as soon as they are included in the new Cloud version. But this needs to be matched up with/even with Magician. So a test/evaluation needs to be done honest/(paid as a deposit).

Business and writing orders were always done with Oracle Commerce since we had it at our business, Oracle Commerce is the only program we found that allowed us to use all our applications in one program!

Oracle Commerce review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Oracle capacity for billions of records load improve performace "

What do you like best?

Oracle provides great feature of sqlldr and external tables that helps to load billions of records in short timeframe basically for analytics of data. Without this feature it takes couple of hours and hours to load millions of records in database .. sqlldr can be used with xml as well ..

What do you dislike?

It’s little tricky when you have to read file name whiting xml tags .. as to read the file name. Constant needs to use . That way we can directly read file name , store in database and compare the results of database data against file ..

Great feature for data analytics ... billions of records loaded in database with applying couple of features to gather ....1. Sqlldr 2. Disable index before loading data and enable it after load 3. Partition on table for fast retrieval or parallel load 4. Apply hint on table 5. Easily banded with xml tags

Oracle Commerce review by Kenneth N.
Kenneth N.

"Good to document calls"

What do you like best?

Oracle is a software that I used to document all my phone calls. It made my job much easier to do because of how simple and direct it is. I also liked how it notifies me when someone updates a request so I can read more into it.

What do you dislike?

Some things I don’t like about Oracle is how unresponsive it is sometimes. They have shortcuts to close or open a request and sometimes it’s unresponsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always use the shortcuts. It saves you so much time.

Costco call center members calling us. When they describe a problem and we need to move it to somebody highwr up, we use Oracle.

Oracle Commerce review by Administrator

"Mi experiencia con Oracle Commerce Cloud"

What do you like best?

Lo mejor es la personalización que uno logra hacer para su tienda. En cuanto a árbol de categorías, categorización y además poder tener varias tiendas en un mismo sitio.

What do you dislike?

No me gusta que mucha de la documentación es en ingles y las personas de habla hispana no tienen acceso a toda la información que pueden saber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pasarse a esta plataforma, es muy intuituva y moldeable a lo que uno quiere hacer, las configuraciones son fáciles, un árbol de categorias aqui llamado variaciones son fáciles de armar, ademas podemos tener varias tiendas en un mismo sitio, no hay llímites entre productos y skus, infinidad de promociones ajustables. Recomiendo enteramente a OCC.

Hemos tenido muchos inconvenientes en la parte de desarrollo de la plataforma, sin embargo muchos de ellos fueron solventados, pero otros no.

Oracle Commerce review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Huge capabilities, much assembly required"

What do you like best?

We had been working with ATG for 10+ years when they got bought by Oracle and became Oracle Commerce. The capabilities are probably the most mature in the market, especially in terms of personalization and complex catalog structure or workflows.

What do you dislike?

It's not a simple platform to wrangle. Much dev is required to set up functionality, integrations and templates. The business interface for controlling content and business rules has a steep learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oracle is pulling back support for their on-premise commerce product that evolved from ATG. Oracle Cloud Commerce, which their pushing everyone to, is still playing catch-up with many other mid-market commerce options. Oracle still charges a premium for a half-baked product that's not quite there now. And they're such a massive behemoth of a company that sales and support can be a nightmare to navigate.

Complex catalogs, workflows and integrations are far more stable once well constructed.

Oracle Commerce review by Khadejha E.
Khadejha E.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to use and able to make changes with ease

What do you dislike?

the system will freeze or just shut down while on a task

I'm able to help agents help the cst through chats

Oracle Commerce review by Marissa S.
Marissa S.

"Great platform for my job"

What do you like best?

It’s convenient and easy to use for my workplace. I find all my information everything I need through this platform. I recommend this to anyone and everyone needing this for retail!

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike! I’m confident I like everything about the service!

Recommendations to others considering the product

None at this time!

With collaboration my job this platform is used for employee information and HR/job information. It’s convenient because we have all of her information in one area and everyone can go and look at their information on this platform.

Oracle Commerce review by David L.
David L.

"Oracle Commerce"

What do you like best?

I like Oracle Commerce for the flexibility it makes available to our company. One of my favorite options is the ability to present a different experience to each of our clients based on their login.

What do you dislike?

The product can be a bit cumbersome until you fully understand the various components.

We are providing an online store for our customers to place orders directly which greatly alleviates congestion in our call center.

Oracle Commerce review by James S.
James S.

"Oracle Success"

What do you like best?

I like that oracle is super user friendly. It is easy to navigate and very simple. Anyone would be able to use this software.

What do you dislike?

I really have no complaint about the program. I loved using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Orcale is super user friendly program for any Clothing company.

It is making everything more efficient to complete and upload styles in our database.

Oracle Commerce review by venkat j.
venkat j.

"My Own Info"

What do you like best?

multi-site and multichannel infrastructures, management of the product catalog, web content creation, collection of session data, pricing and promotions, processing of transactions, management of customer profiles and segments, and the creation of personalization strategies.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to describe on the Oracle Commerce

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Identify promising to cross-sell opportunities

Detect noncompliant and fraudulent activities

Discover new clusters or segments

Develop customer profiles

Oracle Commerce review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"POS System "

What do you like best?

Simple to understand and use. Was incredibly straightforward and didn't have to press endless buttons to find something.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little too simple sometimes. The system doesn't let you override anything which can make things frustrating. The system can also be laggy and slow at times which can be frustrating during peak times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the user more options when overriding discounts and pricing for customer issue ease.

We used Oracle as our main POS system on both registers and Ipads. The ipads made it convenient to check out customers at a more fast paced anywhere in the store.

Oracle Commerce review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Best is coming soon"

What do you like best?

I have been using oracle ATG commerce in my current project. So far the endeca search has been the best thing which it has. ATG is a rhobust system with versioned database for content.

What do you dislike?

It is so tightly coupled with very few primitive out of the box content managment capabilities which are needed for a B2C commerce engagement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think the oracle commerce cloud is going to give a tough competition to the rest of the commerce products in the market

We built a B2B commerce platform for our industrial customer to enable theor online sales across 40 different countries. The BCC has OOTB options to enable translated content repository which helped us do this implementation easily.

Oracle Commerce review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Used Oracle Endeca for a Fortune 50 Comany"

What do you like best?

Endeca had lots of features for me as an emcomm search and navigation analyst. It was very easy to configure, and offered many options for ordering results lists and left navigation filters. You can set up default orders then customize anything you wanted to on a page by page basis.

What do you dislike?

There was no machine learning involved, and there were issues when items would become out of stock. There was no way to flag these or be alerted.

We were able to build custom sort order algorithms and updated thesaurus libraries within Endeca. Because it was so customizable we were basically able to build anything we needed.

Oracle Commerce review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Positive overall with some improvement"

What do you like best?

Base software features that exist are good, it's easy to use. If you're good at coding it's great but if you're not everything is basic and it doesn't look so modern.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have problem you can't explain. Can't put a product in a non-navigable page! The software is still missing a lot of functionality

I didn't worked long enough in this company to talk about it.

Oracle Commerce review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Oracle Commerce Review"

What do you like best?

It's a very well established big ecommerce implementation. If you have the whole suite of products from Oracle it's much easier to make a VERY big ecomm site (like the Kind that process millions of dollars a day). It runs on the JVM and is very performant. It has a ton of out of the box features for your ecomm solutions that most of the time you'd have to buy another set of software for, like if you were using something along the lines of Hybris. It has built in customer personalization and SEO, which is probably the most important part of any ecomm site nowadays. There is a built in search feature which is also an advantage over something like hybris.

What do you dislike?

You have to have a lot of money to make this easy. Oracle definitely has a steep spending to implement their products. It isn't easy to componentize and scale quickly with something like this. This requires a server infrastructure and money to get this platform out the door and run with success. Also you'll need to hire consultants that know exactly what they are doing so that will also be very costly, as they are not cheap.

I've consulted for multiple companies in using this product for a rebrand of their current ecommerce solutions.

Oracle Commerce review by Haley C.
Haley C.

"Great email platform (if I'm reviewing the right one)"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use email interface. All the tools you need are there. My favorite part is the ability to creat templates that you can send the client for common contact scenarios.

What do you dislike?

It looks a little outdated, but that's just aesthetics. Chat could be more personalized.

Not really solving problems, just a great way for client/consultant interaction. We use the email and chat.

Oracle Commerce review by Kendra T.
Kendra T.

"Quality Service for Business"

What do you like best?

The service is multifunctional and reliable for small and medium businessses that allows use across devices for easy access.

What do you dislike?

It’s not the most suitable for larger companies that are steadily growing.

Using the software for multiple projects and for many departments to share important information rapidly. It’s great for satisfying customer needs for unconventional purchasing.

Oracle Commerce review by Karen L.
Karen L.

"Its okay"

What do you like best?

It was really easy to implement and it's simple to use for the most part.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more to it in the way of features we could be using. It is also pretty expensive for what it is.

It's good for helping with merchandising and driving more sales.

"Pretty good system"

What do you like best?

This is a very simple system. For the most part, I taught myself how to use it.

What do you dislike?

We have a glitch in out system that fails yo properly print the refund receipts. Also, sometimes locating the correct order without the original receipt is unnecessarily difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product for its ease of use, especially in a fast-paced environment where more complicated software would cause more problems that it would solve.

We use Oracle in-store to take online returns. Its such a simple process. The receipts are easily accessible if a customer has misplaced his or hers.

Oracle Commerce review by Travis H.
Travis H.

"Helping customers find what they want, fast."

What do you like best?

This is a great tool to help set up our e-commerce to point our customers in the right direction to get what they want, easier and faster.

What do you dislike?

Like most things, it is only as good as the person running it. Not as intuitive as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there is any way to make the system a little more intuitivefor people people who might have the technical / background or might not have the budget to higher a consultant to handle this sort of thing for them.

Happier customers since they are able to find what they want much easier.

Oracle Commerce review by Agency
Agency

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Works great for us. We were using a different platform for many years. We switched over in 2018 and was tough to start; but once our staff got used to it, it accomplishes everything quicker and better; even eliminating our needs for another seldomly used program.

What do you dislike?

We really haven’t had any major dislikes. Only thing I can say negative is the learning curve for some employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely!

Having only one platform for both B2c and b2b transactions has saved us in countless ways!

User in Retail

"Using oracle has been a breeze. "

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and to teach others to use. Mostly everyone catches on right away.

What do you dislike?

It’s shut down a lot. Also logs me off a lot.

I haven’t solved any problems. The benefits I’ve noticed is that it’s very easy for all employees to check pay stubs, schedules, requests off, and much much more.

Oracle Commerce review by Chevy W.
Chevy W.

"Makes tickets easy to use and close"

What do you like best?

Being able to email and add notes to a ticket all in one. Also, makes it easy to add templates

What do you dislike?

The screen fit isn’t always right, but otherwise this program works as advertised

We solve all types of customer related issues, like billing and and refunding from this app.

User in Retail

"Product Consultant at Sephora inside JCP"

What do you like best?

Easy access to department information like sales, surveys, credit, and more

What do you dislike?

UI isn’t as easy and user/friendly as it could be.

Checking stats in real time, like incoming surveys, and hourly sales, that motivates team to improve even more.

Oracle Commerce review by Albert Z.
Albert Z.

"The best of the best"

What do you like best?

It is a very streamlined software that allows the best products to be made

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be slow and frustrating to work with

It is very effective in providing good business solutions and the best at streamlining product pathways

Oracle Commerce review by Elaine S.
Elaine S.

"Oracle ATG Business User Tools are Best In Class"

What do you like best?

Biz users have the tools needed to tweak or change existing site experience relatively easily. You do not need to get on the radar of your programming staff to implement changes for you. You can improve the site user experience quickly, easily, and effectively.

What do you dislike?

It can be challenging if any of your coworkers are utilizing the same assets you are in current projects that are not yet in production. When you go to push your project to production you have to "update" assets that are in conflict with other open projects. This makes sense and is necessary, but in the platform version we have (10.2) there is not an easy way to view all conflicts and update/resolve globally instead of having to view them individually to resolve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oracle provide a plethora of documentation regarding it's products and services. It would serve you well to spend the time reviewing the published information to help you make the right choices and be comfortable with those choices. It will also help you manage expectations for all users of the platform within your company.

The Oracle Platform has allowed us to include content resources and product resources on our site in tandem with each other. Content has its own navigation structure and is searchable. This is huge. For any product you can see the associated resources that are applicable to that product. This feature works fantastically, and is easy to maintain and improve on. We have also been able to ensure that site search delivers the most relevant results when site visitors use navigation or site search. Managing these areas in ATG as a business user/administrator is easy to understand and easy to implement. Stand Alone Categories has been a very useful tool as well. Basically you create a navigation or product category outside of your base architecture. This can be done on the biz. user level, without any developer intervention. Technically, what is created is not part of the site, but it looks and functions the same for the end user. WOW!

Oracle Commerce review by Andy P.
Andy P.

"Great idea but still needs some work"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how more streamlined the system has become.

What do you dislike?

Oracle has come a long way, but there are still a lot more that could be done. I wish that customizing was not such a process and when the systems are down they are down.

PO approvals, DC issues, Item Setup

Oracle Commerce review by Vivek B.
Vivek B.

"Oracle commerce review"

What do you like best?

the way their efforts and provide quality for their customer it cater for both b2c nd b2b.

What do you dislike?

its cost which should be more lower than now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

please use it once if you need a trust worthy soft for your org.

multi site management

Oracle Commerce review by Chad P.
Chad P.

"An Enterprise-Class Solution that Delivers Results"

What do you like best?

After working with several enterprise-class eCommerce production sites, Oracle ATG is far and away the most comprehensive and user-friendly commerce engine in the marketplace. Oracle continues to make significant investments in the product suite with its acquisition of Endeca and Experience Manager and has thoughtfully built those best-in-class systems into the core Oracle ATG product.

As other reviews have mentioned, you need to find a solid implementation partner that knows Oracle ATG inside and out. Your company also needs to have a talented group of business and technology resources on hand to build the vision for the implementation and be ready to manage it. Even when implemented smoothly, Oracle ATG is a complex (but robust) system, and you'll need sufficient resources (based on the size of your business) to maintain and grow your online business with Oracle ATG.

What do you dislike?

If designed, implemented and supported properly, there should be very little to dislike about this system. But reality is reality and any system of this magnitude will bring unexpected bugs and functional limitations, but those can always be overcome with a combination of great internal developers and/or a great technology partner that understands Oracle ATG's framework. It's primary drawback is price - it is an enterprise-class system and it's the best available in the marketplace. But anyone going into the platform selection process knows that if you're looking for an enterprise-class system, you're going to pay enterprise-class prices. But you also get an immensely powerful eCommerce backbone that will set your company up for significant growth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to be well-prepared and know exactly what your business wants out of its eCommerce initiatives before selecting a system like Oracle ATG. If you've selected it as a solution, your business team MUST learn the ins and outs of the system so they can develop a comprehensive set of requirements - using the system terminology and features - for their ultimate implementation partner. And depending on the size and makeup of your business, you need to be prepared to staff up appropriately - especially on the technology/development side of the house - if you want to be all (or somewhat) self-sufficient in expeditious bug fixes and new feature development.

We have a complex business model that requires a mix of B2B and B2C commerce and Oracle ATG has delivered a wide variety of "out of the box" features that have helped us achieve growth against our primary eCommerce objectives.

Oracle Commerce review by Consultant

"Very simple software "

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use with a small amount of training, this really streamlined the process of getting people started on it.

What do you dislike?

All of my Oracle applications tend to crash on a daily basis, which can be very difficult when I’m on a call with a client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only use if you want a simple platform.

Oracle has really made it simple to have everything in one place, it’s nice having a system that’s so simple to use.

Oracle Commerce review by Samantha B.
Samantha B.

"Easy to use but lots of lag"

What do you like best?

Software is easy to use but tends to lag and freeze frequently.

What do you dislike?

Lagging and freezing during use. Several times you have to restart the browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

more tech review to ensure it can meet customer needs (lots of use tends to freeze the system)

Efficient expense reporting.

Oracle Commerce review by Kaneisha W.
Kaneisha W.

"Oracle Software Review "

What do you like best?

Overall it’s a good software to use in the workplace.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there’s random freezing but that only happens less than often.

That was the constant updates that’s been happening in the last 15 months have improved the software.

Oracle Commerce review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Micros System with Oracle"

What do you like best?

We have been using this tool for many years with minimal computer errors.

What do you dislike?

The system is outdated and very slow. Every time we try to male a sale, it can take over 10 seconds to process the transaction

We use Oracle to store guest data at the front desk. And use it as POS tools in our restaurant. Could be beneficial if Customer Support helped us better

Oracle Commerce review by Demond J.
Demond J.

"It's a lot of product...but worth it. "

What do you like best?

How expansive the system is. It is as small as you wan tit to be but it can expand as your company or business needs do. Right now we are only using a small portion of the product as we are still integrating but we are looking to use the full features soon.

What do you dislike?

Pricing. It took longer than expected to get up and running. The learning curve is a dislike because it is a lot and you can learn it but if you don't use it you'll have to get trained on that section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Haven't been on it long enough to know the direction quite yet.

Communication. It has allowed us to connect with customer better. Streamline work into one system verses having multiple on different systems that didn't integrate with our core system.

Oracle Commerce review by Darnell H.
Darnell H.

"Money"

What do you like best?

The fact that it produces fast money....

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I love it. I think it will go a long wavys for my company

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone

Financial problems. How to make more money

Oracle Commerce review by Varinder C.
Varinder C.

"It is good robust tool and works well with Orcale EBS"

What do you like best?

It very light weight and easy to configure.

What do you dislike?

It does not support many EDI transaction types such as 845, 844, 832.

We are using it for EDI B2B transmissions.

Oracle Commerce review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Easy to navigate and understand"

What do you like best?

Oracle is an easy to navigate program that makes finding the information you need quick and easy. As long as you have info about the transaction you're able to find everything you need once you query the system. Everything is laid out in front of you and you have a wealth of information at your fingertips. Everyone needs to use Oracle for their businesses.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit outdated, using an old version of Java and may have some compatiblity issues with newer computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you are looking for and you will be able to find everything you need within the program. Some time getting familiar with the program is necessary but in time and with practice it should become second nature. Everyone needs to use this product and it will help them greatly.

Oracle helps me solve the problem of missing information in transactions, and also helping me to verify information within the same transactions.

Oracle Commerce review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Easy and simple to use"

What do you like best?

Know how many of one item you have and know how many you can use

What do you dislike?

Not being able to to copy and paste mass amount of items.

Time and management

Oracle Commerce review by Julia K.
Julia K.

"It is easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate through different channels

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be slow at different periods of time

Refilling script. It is easy to navigate

"Oracle Review"

What do you like best?

I like how easy our customer service center interface is. It makes it easy for me to be able to access the ecommerce information I need.

What do you dislike?

At times the system can be glitchy. There have been a number of times that I am not able to log in when I need to access the information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good system with a few bugs

I am verifying what inventory we actually have on hand to sell.

Oracle Commerce review by Administrator in Printing
Administrator in Printing

"The platform is great but you need to work with the right developers."

What do you like best?

The platform is very powerful and offers lots of opportunities on the website. I like the use and ease of BCC and the projects system. Endeca Experience Manager is a great tool although unfortunately we haven't implemented it yet.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the lack of integrations between Oracle systems. We've had issues with integrations between Oracle ATG and Oracle EBS. Right now the overall cost of the systems are too expensive to maintain compared to other platforms in the marketplace. We dislike the overall lack of training by Oracle and our developers. We are learning on the fly here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have the correct developers and certainly add future maintenance costs in to your budgets.

We've been working on troubleshooting the website and working on fixing holes within our site. There were numerous holes in the order processing. By closing these holes we don't have lost orders within the system.

Oracle Commerce review by User in Computer Software

"Eloqua"

What do you like best?

Easy to create Campaigns. Easy to track and monitor emails. Easy to trouble shoot issues

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment. I am using it and I have not experienced any bad things

Maintenance Notifications to customers. We can keep track of emails and delivery

Learning about Oracle Commerce?

* We monitor all Oracle Commerce reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.