Nexmo

Nexmo provides cloud communication APIs that enable applications and enterprises connect to their customers via voice and SMS.

Work for Nexmo?

Learning about Nexmo?

Nexmo Reviews

Ask Nexmo a Question
Showing 197 Nexmo reviews
Nexmo review by Toan T.
Toan T.

"Ease of use"

What do you like best?

The administrative interface is the best. I also use nexvortex and infobip. You guys did a great job with the interface. It is intuitive and the icons are cute. It looks good and functioning at the same time.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things:

1) It is very difficult to search for phone number to buy. If users want to browse available phone numbers, they have to go 1 page at a time. When there is 800 pages, it takes a long time to browse. Give us a way to jump to page number.

2) I wish you guys have phone number I can purchase in Colombia, Bolivia and many other South America countries. I like you guys so much that I wish you are available in other countries. I open an account with infobip because you are not in that space.

3) I wish you can give me a way to send you two difference audio and you can splice them together before streaming it to the end user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT! It is easy to setup and the price is reasonable for the call quality and network uptime.

Interactive Voice Responses (IVR) and SMS. I am doing surveys through phone and text messaging. I also do education over the phone since there are people that don't have smart phone and internet. Those are the one we want to understand. Our surveys for our studies are health and behavioral education. I have been using IVR and SMS for a long time.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Nexmo
Nexmo review by Tommaso R.
Tommaso R.

"Nice product"

What do you like best?

I use Nexmo to send sms for notifications of a site we are very satisfied! Through Api it is very easy to use the SMS service completely customizable via the dashboard. Fast and functional it does its job well. Intuitive control panel. All the macro categories are well organized. Work in this way is facilitated. The documentation is well written. Customer service responds quickly. I have yet to try the voice service, but I'm sure it will be as good as the SMS service.

There is email notification when I am reaching the spending threshold. The Profile section is also well organized. The invoices can be downloaded after you make the recharge with paypal. I can add other users to my profile. There is also the possibility of using coupons to get discounts. In short, a complete service available to us. Nexmo works really well ! ! !

What do you dislike?

Nothing to say because I find a great product nexmo. Maybe I would raise the money loading fee for the account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use nexmo is a great product

Speed in communication between studio and customers. Our customers receive our communications via SMS in real time. They can be connected to the reserved area to check all the documents loaded from the central study. We are therefore able to have a better relationship with our customers. It was our goal to find a way to communicate instantly with customers.

What Cloud Communication Platforms solution do you use?

Nexmo review by Maurizio P.
Maurizio P.

"Cost-effective service for non business-critical applications"

What do you like best?

Nexmo presents an easy and ready-to-use interface to quiklyset-up SMS exchange from internal platforms,without requiring lotof changes, even in legacy application.It has a clear and controllable pricing and fee policy that allows to easily and effectively control SMS management costs.

What do you dislike?

Usage of SMS outbound messaging during non working-hour (that is the case for business-critical application) is not properly handled, because delivery receipt does not means SMS received in the destination device, but only that SMS has beenaccepted by the last station to be delivered to the device and, outside extended working hours (from 9:00pm till 8:00am net morning, always during festivity), actually less than 5% of messages lands on destinatary device, despite 95%success decleard by reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test the service level choosenwith respect needs verifying ervice quality aginst service requirements.

for non business-critical application Nexmo solution is a "cheaper-enough" solution to quikly set-up a business; for business-critical needs actual advantages should still be addressed.

Nexmo review by Patrick C.
Patrick C.

"If you need a fast, easy to use, reliable, international, sms and voice platform, use Nexmo"

What do you like best?

The reliability and speed is crucial to our 24/7 AsMyBuddy.net emergency notification network.

What do you dislike?

Wen submitting a support ticket from a logged in session, not only is it difficult to find where to enter a ticket but you have to login again and lookup you credentials and enter them. these should be carried over and done in the same session

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will be more than satisfied

Our AskMyBuddy.net Personal Alert Network allows individuals who are alone and can't reach their phone to ask for help using only their voice leveraging voice platform such as Amazon Alexa and Google Home Assistants. Nexmo allows us to simultaneously alert several contacts by voice and sms. This all happens in real time as demonstrated many time with live demos on QVC and HSN. Our product is credited with saving lives because of this combined functionality. We currently send voice and sms alerts to > 140000 users

Nexmo review by Linas K.
Linas K.

"Great communication platform for business!"

What do you like best?

Simple SDK's and well-built API with broad functionality is a key for me while I select which platform I will use. Nexmo has it all. It also has great pricing in comparison to functionality. It's hard to find a good competitor with similar quality.

What do you dislike?

Outbound voice calls could have the ability to select the number you are calling from freely. I understand why it is limited, but it could be avoided with a different approach. I would also be looking forward to have SMTP or Email service provided by Nexmo, I lack this feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nexmo is a professional platform for all sorts of communication. I would definitely choose it again to implement in future projects if they will need communication with customers. Even though you could find a better price for service somewhere else, ease of use and quality of services outperform the price difference.

Communication via SMS with clients is a key factor in our business. Nexmo makes it a breeze. We have reached much better customer engagement when we started using different platforms to communicate with them.

Nexmo review by Alexandre S.
Alexandre S.

"A great product"

What do you like best?

Easy integration to our CRM and competitive communication cost.. We've been able to use Nexmo in conjunction with others tools to create different calls scenario that matched our need. Support is also helpful and answer quickly. Integration took less then a week to go from testing to production with the help from the support. No complains about the quality of the calls, this is a huge improvement after trying many competitors where there was many issues like delays and echo during the calls. The number of calls per seconds is high enough so we do not have to worry about loads issues. Auto-recharge of credits is great so we do not have to worry about recharging and blocking our customers.

What do you dislike?

Logs searching and statistics could be improved. It's also lacking real time viewing and calls monitoring. The WebRTC API is not yet available on a stable release so we had to use an external solution, but it should be released within months. The invoice system only allow to receive invoice by mail instead of being directly available on the account. A monthly invoice could also be useful instead of having one invoce for every recharge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to contact the support if you need any help, they're really helpful !

We needed a way for our customer to make calls for marketing purposes. Using Nexmo, we've been able to add click-to-call features into our web plateform, enabling outgoing calls for our customers using WebRTC and mobile.

Nexmo review by Jake S.
Jake S.

"Developer Unfriendly"

What do you like best?

Call routing logic seemed to work once I figured out their key + secret + private-key-for-each-developer-app (?!?) authentication.

What do you dislike?

I write this review while I'm waiting on the latest response from Andy Li, in a 6-hour-long nexmo support email thread. I just want to give them money (they only allow you to add money in 10-euro increments -- you have to email support to change that amount, or to set up automatic payments). They apparently require you to answer several questions about who you are and what you plan to use nexmo for, before they remove payment restrictions. At no point during their onboarding documentation do they say you'll be held up for hours waiting on permission to give them money easily.

This is ridiculous -- I don't know of any competitor who puts this kind of friction in front of you giving them your money:

"At Nexmo we like to take good care of our customers, and there are several measures in place to protect our customers’ identities and our own platform from inappropriate use, of which the top-up limit is one. In particular, if you could share the following it will allow us to remove the limitation from your account more quickly:

Company/service web address

Nexmo services you intend to use

Geographies in which you intend to use these services

Content type you expect to be sending and in what volumes

Social Media content that links you to your company, e.g. LinkedIn page link"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a hard look at the billing page before diving too deeply in. It's not like they'll just let you pay $100 and you can start using that credit. You have to pay in 10 euro increments! Or maybe you'll end up stuck in several hours of emails like me.

Nothing. Dead in the water. We're moving to a competitor, it looks like.

Nexmo review by Paulo G.
Paulo G.

"Easy to setup and use in a very short time"

What do you like best?

I liked how transparent and easy it was to setup the whole process. We included a message sending feature to our business in little less than a day of work (plus a few more hours for debugging)

What do you dislike?

The website could be more "modern", and there could be a better debugging assistance when trying to figure out what is wrong with the messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1) Improve interface. Try betting on a UX/UI designer and better frontend developers

2) Supply strong debugging capabilities. It largely reduces the setup times in teams with lower technical capabilities.

Our problem is that of many merchants: receiving online orders without completion. That is, customers add products to their carts and then don't actually buy anything, or in some cases don't pay (for example when the pick a bank transfer payment method). We needed to remind them about having an open order to pay, or products in their carts reserved for them.

Nexmo review by Román P.
Román P.

"Perfect service for my multiregional company"

What do you like best?

Ease of implementation. We needed less than one month to go live. You don't need several or deep knowledge of programming to make a successful integration with Nexmo. It's really easy to understand how to achieve the connection.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. The service is very complete. I would take the same decision if I would need to integrate other system with SMS world-wide provider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very complete service and easy to implement. You can send SMS to all around the world easily and no expensive. If you want a plugin connection and a reliable service, you have to connect to Nexmo.

We need less than 2 days to have our system fully operative, and since then it's very stable.

We tried several options in the market before to know about Nexmo, and we can subscribe that Nexmo is the best one.

I can integrate several countries with the same product. In addition, the price of the SMS is really competitive in almost every country is offered. You can build a business model with low or zero impact, because the price is really affordable.

Nexmo review by Sanket p.
Sanket p.

"Nexmo is quite good third party api for implement sms and calling feature for your project."

What do you like best?

I like both features of nexmo a voice calling as well as SMS and the most exciting thing is that it also provides the number of choice of a person's voice. and another main thing which considers by all the organization is that pricing it's also cheap.

What do you dislike?

if you are .net(c#) developer then don't go for nexmo it has no sufficient documentation in c# language that's the only thing which disappointed me

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dear users,

you can definitely go for nexmo services its good and easy but if you are c# developer than think for an alternative because it's lake of documentation in c# language

we try to implement a feature like the communication center for our project and we stuck to receive the message functionality and we contact nexmo team for help and the guide us properly so its really good customer support

Nexmo review by Harry A.
Harry A.

"Nexmo is the best partner when it comes to Mobile / SMS reachout to our clients"

What do you like best?

We use Nexmo SMS API, to reach to our clients in order to perform transactional operations to our business, like registering their personal info or evaluate our services. This is what they do best. Their API is quick and efficient plus the support in GitHub is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. Of course I haven't used all their services, but what we use so far is very good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an easy set up SMS API, Nexmo is your way to go. It was the first company that we co-operated with this kind of setup and they full delivered. Of course, if they keep up doing the same, we will keep trusting them with our work.

We had very poor opening rates in our transactional emails. With Nexmo SMS API we contact our clients directly to their phone and message is delivered in much better success rates.

Nexmo review by Sourjya Sankar S.
Sourjya Sankar S.

"Simplistic API and wide array of services"

What do you like best?

First and foremost, the API - that requires very short learning curve to implement. The fact that verifications are performed directly within Nexmo adds an extra layer of security.

The dashboards are intuitive and easy to navigate. Number verifications work with 99% certainty (except in some rare cases where texts fail to reach).

What do you dislike?

Inability to set sender ID unless over a substantial volume on SMS-es sent / month. This can possibly be provided as an add-on (paid) service for those who don't reach the volume.

End-user mobile phone verification and assistance in password resets through self-service. This serves dual purpose :

1. As an alternative means of verifying identify during password reset process

2. Keeping the mobile numbers database up to date - which otherwise is a notoriously difficult process as end-users tend to ignore update requests.

Nexmo review by Michel S.
Michel S.

"Nexmo is our SMS platform"

What do you like best?

Super Easy Integration to our CRM system (Zoho CRM). Nexmo is connected to our backbone CRM and allow us to send SMS and notifications to our users and customers. We realised our users don't read emails but they do read every SMS.

What do you dislike?

We are unable to mass SMS users for marketing purpose. The Nexmo plugins doesnt allow mass SMS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to integrate a SMS platform into your CRM, Nexmo is the perfect solution

We have finally solved the communication issue. When a customer purchase a service on our website, we immediately send them an SMS via Nexmo and that allows us to notify immediately that his purchased service is available. We do also send emails ... but emails get lost, go to spam filter or simply are not read.

Nexmo review by RICHARD WILSON V.
RICHARD WILSON V.

"Aliado para el crecimiento de nuestra plataforma comunitaria "Verito""

What do you like best?

Que es fiable, eficiente y que nos permite tener control de los usuarios y sus consumos. Su soporte técnico es eficiente y oportuno .

What do you dislike?

Nada, estamos muy satisfechos con el servicio, hemos obtenido más de lo que inicialmente pensamos posible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nexmo, es un producto que si funciona y bien!!, es estable, confiable y sus apis son muy fáciles de incorporar, el soporte técnico es cuidadoso, comprometido y responsable, permitiendo incorporar, y aprovechar al máximo todas las funciones avanzadas de comunicación digital que permite la plataforma. La recomendamos de una forma muy especial

Conectividad desde dispositivos fijos y móviles, envio de llamadas tipo voz y mensajería de texto, conectados a nuestra nube

Nexmo review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Learning how to build SMS cloud service for your product!"

What do you like best?

It just works and when things dont there is always an explanation and how best to fix it. The support even gets back in touch if you have not answered their questions. So gentle reminders are lovely.

What do you dislike?

Currently there is nothing. If anything then it is really about putting the icing on the cake. I do like to speak to real people and a phone number (charged at so much a minute) would be something I would take advantage of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think twice about cheaper providers.

We are tying to resolve the issue of doing company and team polls by email alone. If you have a small company with up to 15 people you can use SMS, whatsapp, messenger as the main touchpoint with your team members. Like this you can also create small private websites for each person where they can have all the results displayed. This make it is easier for all.

Nexmo review by Guillermo V.
Guillermo V.

"Quick setup and excellent support"

What do you like best?

Sandbox is very cool, easy to use and dynamic. Very reliable and low latency.

Time of response is really good overall. The SMS delivery responds within seconds.

There are a lot of real time statistics that can help you analyze information on a managing level.

The phone verification check is really cool to validate if a sign up on the website is genuine.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the customer service is not what you would expect for the price you are paying, but it's been getting better over time. As with every platform, it has a lot of ways to get better, and just to name a few the metrics from sent SMS's could be highly improvable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product! We are really happy with all the features that we used! After investigating several options that were in the market, Nexmo was the one that comply with everything that we need at a fair price! We are sure that we made the right choice, and surely in the future we may be using some of the features that we are still not using!

Mostly for app activation and communication with customers in real time. A single API that can send worldwide SMS it's a must have. As said, the support team has been getting better over time, which have helped us every time we have an issue. Getting connected with our customers through our B2C is really easy with Nexmo!

Nexmo review by Rossigmar Y. O.
Rossigmar Y. O.

"Nexmo is a very good sms platform"

What do you like best?

Nexmo is a very good sms platform that we use to send sms to our customers.

We like the ease of deployment. Anybody can connect to Nexmo because is pretty easy and you can find a lot of help in the website.

The time of response is really good. You don't have to wait a lot of time to ensure the sms delivery, it responds in seconds.

You can connect any kind of technology with this solution because of the portability of Nexmo.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any issue to complain about. The prices are not the same for every country but we know that is because of market in every region.

Something that can be improved is the report of the sent sms. It's actually a little confuse and can be more detailed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nexmo is the best platform in the industry for sure. We don't use all the features that the api provides but we are really satisfied with the ones we use.

We are sure this is the best solution in the market if you need to solve the communication in real time with your customers.

When we have to build a new web site we are going to support the solution with nexmo.

we can communicate with potential customer in batch easily. In our ecommerce we need to send some information to our actual clients and we can do that now with the support of Nexmo.

We have the certainty that the message arrives in real time.

Nexmo review by Vignesh Sharma R.
Vignesh Sharma R.

"Quick to Setup and Easy to use!!"

What do you like best?

We loved the ease of setting up the account and the great assistance provided by Team Nexmo.

The Language support and the ease of integrations is quite amazing with the ability to integrate with their APIs. The class of support provided by the SPoC at NEXMO is worth a mention as I have not come across any SMS provider going out of the way to ensure all is set for a smoother rollout of your deployments with an SMS provider. I also received quite some free credits from the Support team to cary out testing and that was quite a gesture to tell that they cared more about the customer than the mere price.

What do you dislike?

Not any thing as such.

Would surely have loved better visualization of the metrics captured from sending the SMS. Also I suggest that you look into the way the Search messages/Analytics features are designed to provide easier use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best in terms of the Support vs Pricing. I did a fair bit of research and have experience with other international providers like Nexmo and found them to be better in terms of the reliability of their platform and services.

We use Nexmo on a daily basis to send Promo and Transactional SMS to our Client's customers. The real time APIs enable a seamless connectivity between our systems and Nexmo. We use it for our enterprise customers on a regular basis to send out SMSs and I figured out that the delivery rates are over 98% as against my earlier provider where it was about 95%. This ensured better response rates for most of our Surveys administered via SMS and increased the volume of the responses by a little over 3%.

Nexmo review by Kenneth Mark C.
Kenneth Mark C.

"Nexmo provides high quality of service and excellent support."

What do you like best?

The quality of service is Nexmo's is what makes Nexmo great. I have been impressed with the delivery rate to international mobile carriers which has left our customers very satisfied. The support has been excellent. the support team is very responsive and knowledgeable. Nexmo support can find a resolution for an issue rather quickly. Nexmo also provides a great amount of documentation which is very useful.The statistics are a great feature. You can get real time statistics with Nexmo. That's something many SMS provider do not have.

What do you dislike?

The rates are higher than I would for an SMS provider. But Nexmo can assist their customers in special cases. When starting the service you can only prepay which makes things a bit clumsy. We had an issue with the payment processor not accepting credit card payments after while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent service if you seeking a high quality SMS provider.

We have a customer requiring 2FA for a special application. Nexmo's service provide the ability for us to provide the service an meet out customer's expectations. Nexmo's service works well.

Nexmo review by Alex L.
Alex L.

"Simple and reliable"

What do you like best?

The SMS service is by far the easiest to use, simple API tools available, and priced very reasonably. Documentation is complete, and they provide (nearly) everything you need to be fully self-managed.

What do you dislike?

The built in dashboard doesn't expose all the features the API allows, so you have to write your own for full access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple SMS service, this should be your only choice.

Sending SMS alerts used to be handled in house by connected devices which were unreliable and expensive to replace. Nexmo has taken a big headache away from the operations team, so much so that we hardly even think about the impact of sending thousands of SMS messages.

Nexmo review by David B.
David B.

"SMS api is good for low throughtput, needs extra work for high sms volumes"

What do you like best?

SMS API has many countries and networks available, They provide clients in a lot of programming languages, although they need work for higher volume. Customer support is good, they provide different set of api keys for testing/staging/development. Admin interface is easy to use and access can be allowed/removed to employees accounts so no need to share username and password with people to give access.

Inbound SMSs work well and never give us problems. We also use Number insight to remove landlines and invalid numbers from our system.

They also have a voice API but we haven't used it.

What do you dislike?

SMS API only supports sending one SMS at a time, and it's rate-limited, meaning you need to think your infrastructure to queue the SMSs and send them at a rate below the limit. Some client libraries they provide don't reuse http connections, so you might need to implement your own if you have high volume.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great, specially if you don't have high volume

Sending mass SMS campaigns to many users. They work but are tricky to scale to high volume.

Nexmo review by Administrator

"Good/cheap service which takes forever to fix it when its broken. Works well when it works."

What do you like best?

Good pricing and coverage. Good API. Improvements in their website which makes it a bit more usable than it was couple of months ago.

What do you dislike?

Support takes forever to fix any issues. (numbers out of service). Sometimes it takes over 4 months. Numbers are pulled out of service for various countries without very comprehensive explanations as to what was wrong/what the reason was /etc - so you'll have to figure it out, inquire with support, follow up on the issue until you get a better answer.

Website has improved a lot but still lacks a better search for phone numbers . Editing a lot of phone numbers is horrendous and you're better off wasting the time to implement that edit via API instead of doing it via their website.

They charge in EUR currency, but the pricing on the website is in USD (might be different for Europe, i guess?) so that's a problem when you have to account for the exchange rate, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the API docs and have patience. You'll make it.

Coverage in countries where i would otherwise not have access to. Some cost savings here and there.

Nexmo review by Deepak S.
Deepak S.

"Excellent app with wide area coverage"

What do you like best?

Nexmo API covers an extensive geographical area providing a reliable SMS- based service

It is a telephony service with easy integration feature. It not only records your calls but also converts text into voice. It has feature of call control with a complex voice network covering 23 languages.

Nexmo uses Voice API which can be implemented in the existing system of a user. Moreover, its inbound messages are always free. A user only has to pay for that inventory of numbers on which these SMS is sent.

What do you dislike?

Firstly, a confirmation is required whether SMSs are sent to different networks or not.

Secondly, if a message is sent to numbers present in the NDNC (Indian Authority) list they will be blocked completely. All messages sent after 9pm will be queued up in India. Lastly, it is difficult to determine parameters in sending an international SMS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nexmo is a very good option to go for SMS solution as it offers you free inbound messages.

Its benefit is that Nexmo has designed an infrastructure platform to suit our needs. With a consistent response time we pays only for what we actually uses. We don’t had to change anything in our IT infrastructure and configurations to fit Nexmo’s APIs in our system.

Also whenever there is a high traffic, Nexmo automatically assigns the SMS in queues and then change the carrier route to make it fast.

One of the best things I found with Nexmo was the support team they have.

Nexmo review by User in Information Technology and Services

"5 stars for relibility, security, API, and support"

What do you like best?

They are the only company that caters to numbers local to the Philippines, the service is very reliable in terms of sending out and receiving SMS, even for areas where the connection is pretty weak. They managed to get a hold of stable service numbers from the local providers with high reliability. The security is top-notch as well and they take immediate action once suspicious activities are detected, thereby saving us a lot of money in the process.

What do you dislike?

The cost is a bit steep for my country, 130 EURO per month is still a big amount for subscribing to a number, but this is probably due to the provider's costs alone and not really Nexmo

Reach to customers in far flung areas. reach has been significantly improved vs. traditional media

Nexmo review by Karen G.
Karen G.

"Superior service"

What do you like best?

As anyone working in technology sectors knows, problems occur. Nexmo is responsive in a no-nonsense way that ensures problems are minimal.

What do you dislike?

The automated messages from Nexmo regarding issues and maintenance would be more useful if they could be filtered by country so that you only have to see what is relevant to you.

We are always trying to provide better communication for our clients, with more options. Nexmo has a wide range of products, which are always evolving based on client needs, that allow us to tailor communications more efficiently.

Nexmo review by Francesco V.
Francesco V.

"Very helpful, it's a must!"

What do you like best?

Easy and cool platform, it's fast and complete! What I value most is the quality of the support as well as the service.

What do you dislike?

Some part in the UI and the boring-slow recharge method. Making the interface simpler and easier to send invoices maybe making them available immediately on the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nexmo is easy to use and performs like few other companies in the industry. Ease of use and quality of support make the platform a reliable partner to work with.

The many request of sms delivery is now complete thanks to Nexmo, I can deliver a lot of sms with in a few! As of today, I am able to fulfill customer requests in a short time, it is also implemented with our systems and we are able to sell the service by offering a better product thanks to this precious resource.

Nexmo review by Administrator

"Speedy and resilient platform, integrated with other systems"

What do you like best?

It is great to be able to get our SMS messages out rapidly and to view reports on delivery by day, week, month. It is great to use this for QC'ing our SMS efforts and for reporting.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything I dislike about Nexmo. It does what it needs to do and we have very good support from the team there. They are responsive and they have our best interests in mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a technical/implementation partner to help you with setup and with testing and with ongoing support. Make sure you are honoring your Customers' SMS preferences and the flow of SMS in the application and make sure to check in on the reports regularly especially during a large send.

We are using Nexmo for our outbound SMS campaigns. We have seen greater speed, outreach and response than ever before.

Nexmo review by Fred B.
Fred B.

"Probably one of the best and reliable sms providers in the market today"

What do you like best?

I have been using Nexmo since 2014, and they not only have one of the best service out there, they also have a lot of features that are available. Not to mention the customer service as well is really good.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I don’t like is the pricing coz it tends to be a bit expensive compared to other services as well.

Mostly on our OTP service we use Nexmo, and we realize that a good service provider really helps to get a better user experience.

Nexmo review by Dave V.
Dave V.

"Very impressed with the out of the box features of Nexmo"

What do you like best?

The fact that there was a rest client for .NET saved us a lot of development time. Being able to simply send SMS messages and being able to clearly manage our account were big pluses.

What do you dislike?

Wish we could send a media image with text messages. We had to choose another service for customers who want to send an image. Wish Nexmo would add some Mime type support.

We are bridging a gap with notifications from our applications in our suite of products to alert both users of the applications as well as customers who are managed by the applications. The number of notifications we have on our list to develop is a great benefit. Shows the endless possibilities.

Nexmo review by Gilberto F.
Gilberto F.

"All in all - recommended service"

What do you like best?

The customer service is key at Nexmo - they really care about the customer and do reply in less than 15 minutes. Fabulous!

What do you dislike?

Having connected nexmo to our webapp, debugging still takes a lot of time in case sms’es are nit received by the client - sadly enough and all too often, the responsibility for fallouts is directly attributed to local phone providers - even tough the problem lies in the sms routes taken by nexmo

Easy integration to send b2b2c messages

Nexmo review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Very good customer service from the very beginning from Payam Taghizadeh in London"

What do you like best?

Once a computer code writer here in Vladivostok wrote a short program to send SMS messages, everything else has been automatic and very easy to use, including refilling our account online. The Nexmo SMS sending page is very easy: just insert the message, load the address list and press a button. Great

What do you dislike?

By Russian law we are not allowed to use our own header on the SMS messages that we send, so our messages are sent out using different and random headers. Therefore we have to be sure that the first few words of our messages identify us as the sender.

So far we have only used Nexmo to send SMS announcements of our classical music organ concerts. Since we began, all our concerts have been completely full, no empty seats.

Nexmo review by Amit S.
Amit S.

"Effective and affordable"

What do you like best?

Integration with the Nexmo API is simple and straightforward, and the pricing in almost all the countries is the best we found.

What do you dislike?

There is any particular element of Nexmo that I dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reliable, easy to program and intergrate, reliable

Our products and service are GPS-based personal safety and asset tracking around the world, and Nexmo enables us to send alerts and system messages to customers by SMS quickly and effectively

Nexmo review by User

"SMS Platform"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use in which you can purchase numbers for any service you require, in just a few seconds. Providing that kind of quick service and resolution is a key factor in our business

What do you dislike?

I dislike the occasional problems we have with overseas companies, but this is more due to local infrastructure than a direct Nexmo issue

Recommendations to others considering the product

For ease of use, and the speed at which you can acquire a number for usage, I would recommend Nexmo.

We and our clients are able to communicate at an individual level or contact all members of the client staff in just a few seconds,.

Nexmo review by Aman B.
Aman B.

"Mixed experience using Nexmo "

What do you like best?

The api is decent. Documentation is elaborate too. Customer Support is fine and prompt as well. Nexmo works however...(see the next response)

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get multiple/duplicate api notifications for the same voice call made or sms sent to a user. Also the dispatch speed of text messages/voice calls (I'm in India) is rather slow considering our platform is a near real-time system and every second of delay in delivering a text/call matters to us.

We are building a multi-point communication platform for individual professionals, entrepreneurs and small biz owners. More about it at www.snhyper.com

Using nexmo makes our platform multi-point as we can call up or send text when the recipient is unable to read web/email notifications.

Nexmo review by Mike A.
Mike A.

"Took too long to get a new number."

What do you like best?

I like the online interface the most. It is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

While working in Honduras, we ran into problems with TIGO and had to source a new number through Nexmo. It took nearly 2 months to get the issue resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would only recommend Nexmo to those who are working in developed countries.

We use Nexmo for automated text messaging through our Salesforce system.

Nexmo review by Administrator

"An almost perfect service"

What do you like best?

I loved that its

Flexible: We've been able to design our entire booking system on top of their SMS and VOICE services with massive customizations to adopt to the bottom of the pyramid market

Affordable: Their pricing is super friendly for medium and small enterprises

Support: CUstomer support is top and I always feel like I can rely on quick responses which few software companies provide.

What do you dislike?

Because nexmo works with local telcos, sometimes their services are subject to the changes/updates/upgrades these local telcos make. As a result, the solutions you've built on top of their technology while reliable is vulnerable to the local telcos. I am a user in Southeast Asia so I face this issue, but that being said, their support is always on top of things to help sort out any issue!

Recommendations to others considering the product

if using for southeast asia, run smaller tests to see reliability of service as local telcos often can become unreliable, not Nexmo per se.

I am using nexmo to target non engish speaking locals in southeast asia to communicate via SMS and calls with users around the world via our travel platform where we sell unique local activities by locals to toursis. Benefits are we have managed to break down communication barriers and bridge the gap between non English speaking locals and travelers to this part of the world.

Nexmo review by Qasim A.
Qasim A.

"Happy since day one using Nexmo"

What do you like best?

Ease of integration with the SMS service

What do you dislike?

No automatic payments to recharge account

We wanted to verify our users phone numbers to make sure they are real users since this information is crucial to our business. Now we can easily send SMS verification codes to the users within seconds after registering instead of email verification which is quite a tedious job in our opinion.

Nexmo review by Administrator

"Nexmo SMS and T-T-S services are used for registration of users in our mobile app - Snaappy "

What do you like best?

Nexmo's SMS service has global coverage and reasonable pricing. Good quality of delivery for major regions and countries.

Nexmo's T-T-S services is one of the few in the markets and offers support for delivering message in various languages.

Nexmo provides a personal manager that can help in business matter and assist during technical problems (by stimulating the technical support team and engineers).

Overall, technical support and engineers are qualified and capable to proper support and resolution of technical issues.

Nexmo's API is well implemented and documented, which makes its integration easy into our back-end.

What do you dislike?

There've been cases when system could not reliably deliver SMS to new regions or countries, and we have to proactively detect such cases and alter Nexmo's personnel to switch or improve delivery routes (carriers).

The administrative console can be made more informative and easier to use, especially when it comes to statistical and historical reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If using Nexmo for SMS delivery, then make sure you have an alternative delivery channel, as non of the services out there can guarantee 100% delivery rate.

In our application users are registered via their mobile phone. During registration process Nexmo SMS and T-T-S services are used for sending the registration code via SMS or voice call to the user's phone.

Nexmo SMS service is one of the three services that we use - the other two are Plivo and Twilio. In other words, we have triple redundancy when it comes to sending SMS.

Nevertheless, there are cases when SMS can't be delivered, and that is when Nexmo's T-T-S services used to deliver registration code via voice call (in various languages depending on user's phone locale).

Nexmo review by Pradeep S.
Pradeep S.

"Reliable service for verifying customer phoner numbers! "

What do you like best?

1. Simple interfacing

2. Reliable service.

3. Good customer support, when needed.

4. Easy reporting features.

What do you dislike?

1. Simplify longer term digging into data for reporting.

2. Provide favorable pricing for small startups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the verification pricing depending on the country for which verification is being made.

Our free alarms and reminders app, Galarm, relies on users to register their mobile numbers. We use Nexmo's Verify feature to validate customers own the numbers they are registering.

Nexmo review by User in Internet

"Bad security and unreliable service"

What do you like best?

API was easy to use, but that seems to be pretty much it. Other vendors seems to have the same anyway.

What do you dislike?

Someone broke into our account on their servers and not through our own, yet they refuse to refund our balance. We were willing to overlook this if they fixed the issue but they didn't even care.

Account managers were nowhere to be found when issue happened.

SIP service accepts connections from IPs other than our server Already a big no no for security.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Careful how your account manager disappears when you have issues and they are not trying to sell you new products,

Sending SMS and calls.

Nexmo review by Osvaldo O.
Osvaldo O.

"excellent platform for sending sms"

What do you like best?

It is a very reliable and very simple platform to configure, works with any operator in the world, also has several integrated services

What do you dislike?

you have to have some technical knowledge to send sms, but following the tutorials is easy to do

We need to make massive dissemination campaigns through SMS, nexmo was the only one that allowed us to meet our needs

Nexmo review by osama c.
osama c.

"very good"

What do you like best?

i like documentations and that it does send the messages from local numbers it's faster than other services who use international numbers to send messages

What do you dislike?

sometimes i get the sms late and that i can't set the name of the sender to my own company name

confirmation sms for registration and also the orders confirmation on my ecommerce website

Nexmo review by User

"SMS Short Code Services"

What do you like best?

The reliability of Nexmo's SMS short code service is very good.

What do you dislike?

Some carriers do not work reliably so we need to retain long code phone numbers as a fall back. Also, while the service is reliable, their support team's response time is poor. If we open a support ticket rarely do we hear back in less than 12 hours. Normally its 24 hours at least and their responses are cryptic and seldom resolve the issue immediately. It can be another 12-24 hour response time while they research the issue.

Texting end customers with alert messages.

Nexmo review by Mark K.
Mark K.

"Fast and easy-to-implement solutions"

What do you like best?

Our developers are really much enjoying to implement your service. It is also easy to top-up and manage my account. We are really satisfied with the customer service as well, whenever we had questions, you answered extremely fast.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard. Sometimes it is unclear, and slow. I think you should consider implementing some graphs, and maybe filtering options.

Lots of my customers are using Nexmo to make sure their consumers are showing up in time for their reservation. And Nexmo already helped to increase this by around 60%.

Nexmo review by Markos F.
Markos F.

"Instructions clear"

What do you like best?

Great documentation, easy integration to laravel project

What do you dislike?

API for succesful delivery of SMS was not easy to implement.

No easy way to see when SMS with Hellenic (Greek) characters overflowed to 2nd or 3rd SMS due to character set.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it with Laravel :-)

Contact our survey respondents and reminding them when a new question is up.

Nexmo review by Geoff A.
Geoff A.

"Flexible, reliable, and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Nexmo is exceptionally easy to use - we were able to integrate the service with our backend and get started within minutes of signing up. Reliability is also excellent, and the pricing is very competitive.

What do you dislike?

Only minor complaint is that there doesn't seem to be a way to have PDF invoices automatically mailed to you when a payment is made - they are only available by logging in to their website and manually downloading them. Invoices are also only available 72 hours after a payment is made.

We use Nexmo to send SMS alerts to users when our IoT sesnor networks detect unusual situations requiring attention.

Nexmo review by Alex D.
Alex D.

"Simple & Dependable"

What do you like best?

Very easy to integrate Nexmo into our architecture and great deliverability. Fair pricing and easy billing.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much nothing. Deliverability in China isn't as great as local providers, but service works as advertised and is fairly priced.

We use Nexmo for internal notifications and alerts to our dev ops team and 2FA message sending to users.

Nexmo review by Iztok B.
Iztok B.

"Very good company - very solid service"

What do you like best?

We integrated their solution into our product and we are super satisfied! Very good service, very good prices and very good UX. I recommend them 100%

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. The only problem I have is that when we will have more users at the moment we can not have different keys for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use them - they are top company

We have a platform for Call Centers and with Nexmo we were able to integrate their solution into our product. Because of that - our platform became better,

Nexmo review by Nicolas E.
Nicolas E.

"Nexmo Performance 10/10"

What do you like best?

We are using nexmo at our startup for sending SMS, and automatic phone calls, for multiple purposes. I must admit that Nexmo have an outstanding service (We never had a problem related to their platform), an amazing documentation for their APIs, and an excellent customer support. All in all, I am very satisfied with Nexmo, and would not consider switching to another platform

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything. Nexmo seriously overachieved themselves on all the levels.

- Automated SMS for user validation.

- Automated phone calls for user validation.

Nexmo review by Timo K.
Timo K.

"Relatively easy API for SMS messaging"

What do you like best?

It is really easy to integrate Ruby on Rails application to Nexmo SMS API.

What do you dislike?

Receipts for sent messages don't always end up to the webhook, i.e. our application doesn't always receive information that SMS message has been received by the person.

We need to inquire volunteers for their availability and we also thank donators for their contribution (e.g. on birthdays).

Learn more about Nexmo

Nexmo Videos

Learning about Nexmo?

* We monitor all Nexmo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.