Maropost

Maropost

Maropost's on-demand digital marketing platforms help you turn prospects into clients by ensuring delivery of targeted messaging to the right contact at the right time.

Work for Maropost?

Learning about Maropost?

Maropost Reviews

Ask Maropost a Question
Showing 81 Maropost reviews
Andrew H.

"Marapost Offers an Elegant Soultion for Cross-Channel Marketing"

What do you like best?

Maropost provides a solid email marketing product. On top of that, it offers some basic social integration along with SMS capabilities. They're on-the-fly landing pages are great for quick promotions. Their API structure allows code to be developed for tasks like integrating with a predictive dialing software.

What do you dislike?

They need to update their SMS capabilities to meet the stringent US requirements. Additionally, you need a dedicated person to dive deep into the platform to really make use of all its capabilities. You'll sell yourself short without the proper training and time devoted to the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into Maropost. It offers many features that others don't. And, their API feature makes it very customizable.

We are an agency that handles multiple client's email. Their are many products out there to choose from, however Maropost offers a sound solution with all the data management and reporting requirements. A big plus is their journey capabilities which allows the user to visually create complex campaigns with multiple operands i.e. if this, then this, etc. This allows us to create a campaign with multiple actions from start to finish.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Maropost
Allix H.

"Maropost - Great for e-mail "

What do you like best?

I like that it has the ability to render preview, so you are able to see what your e-mail looks like throughout all e-mail clients and devices. Without it we would never know that there were certain rendering issues through clients like Outlook that needed to be fixed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that as a first time user navigating the platform was confusing. I did not know that I needed to hover over the Maropost icon in order to view the e-mail tab.

The business problems we are solving involve how to better code our e-mails. Many of our clients user Outlook, and so we have focused our efforts on how to improve how our e-mails look through this client.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

AC
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"Customer Service is Unparalleled "

What do you like best?

The customer service. We're in the process of switching email providers because of the lack of support and functionality on top of the hefty price tag of our OG provider - from DAY ONE, the Maropost team has gone above and beyond to answer emails, take calls, and setup our account so we are up and running properly.

What do you dislike?

The content editor is a bit of a mess. I am confident this will be updated with time, however. It took me over an hour just to figure out how to add a link to some copy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The setup process is lengthy - take your time and make sure to leave ample time for experimentation. As mentioned above, the content builder is not intuitive, so I would not anticipate hopping right in and making an email in one fell swoop.

With Maropost, you are able to do absolutely any type of journey imaginable. We were very limited by our last provider, so it's nice to see so many options!

AH
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"New platform with a lot of kinks to be worked out"

What do you like best?

I like how simplified everything is. Needs to be more intuitive of an interface but the idea of simplifying the platform versus a complicated platform like Salesforce is needed.

What do you dislike?

The dynamic content. The whole process with the builder and how you have to go through some roundabout way of creating new content with the WYSIWIG, then drop in a short code, then highlight the short code then click the dynamic builder....this sucks. There should be a simple main nav link to take you to all dynamic content in a library or something and then it should be easily editable. OR, you could allow AMP script or something so dynamic content could be handled with pure HTML and not force people to use the builder.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're not a developer and want something simple then this is for you. If you're a dev/tech person then this platform has a lot of shortfalls.

We need automated journey mapping so that we can further automate our email process and make it more relevant to our users. This platform helps that although requires quite a learning curve.

Agency

"Pretty good, with a few limitations"

What do you like best?

The overlay / email summary is helpful, knowing details like the open rate, click rate, location, etc. The "render preview" option is super helpful as well, and seems accurate. We like being able to edit our own code easily & being able to schedule journeys. A/B testing option is good.

What do you dislike?

Online support is limited (competitors like MailChimp has a lot more information available online). Chat support isn't always helpful either - we get a lot of "it's something wrong on your end," which may be true, but isn't super helpful regardless. Journeys require we enter emoji shortcode, instead of selecting from the emoji menu (shown in regular campaigns). There no support for sms: code. We wish we could do standard formatting for the integrated "view in browser" option for each client. Our integration with google analytics is not currently working, so we have to amend a utm string to every link in order to insure tracking. Grouping is tricky - the little gray tab on the left is VERY hard to find. I wish support for personalization was easier ot integrate.

We like being able to schedule journey emails, which reduces the work on our end (and client's end). We can keep in front of customers, and track their open rates and clicks.

Lara R.

"Decent ESP is hampered by serious lack of reporting tools"

What do you like best?

Good account management and granular permissions. It's easy to switch between the different brands I work on.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is terrible. When I export campaigns from a date range, I only want to export campaigns SENT in that date range, not every campaign that has activity in that date range. The report exporting is extremely slow. Data visualization in Maropost is next to nothing, so I have to export all the data and create visualizations in Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm not really sure, as I was not involved in the selection process.

Laurence H.

"Top Notch Experience So Far! "

What do you like best?

Not all business owners are tech minded. Therefore, having great support there when you need it is VITAL! Maropost's tech team are there within seconds to answer any questions we have or to help with any set up issues. And our account manager is faultless in making sure we have all our needs met. Fantastic customer service all round!

What do you dislike?

Not much really. Some of the reporting features could be a little easier to navigate but you can get all the metrics you need. And support has always been there if I've had trouble finding what I was after.

We've acheived our best deliverability and list growth since working with Maropost. I class them as a partner in our business and not just a service provider.

"A Simple To Use and Reliable Email Marketing Sender"

What do you like best?

I like how a content piece can be used for multiple campaigns and that when you update the content, it will update all of the campaigns associated with it.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of the save system, how if you save it, it takes you to a different window when I would also like to update the "Plain Text" field after I update the HTML to make sure both are saved and my work is not lost.

We are solving our issue with easily having groups of users we need to send to and how we can easily reference them without needing to upload a new list everytime. It saves us a lot of time and provides an easier experience with sending emails.

Agency

"I use it for work and it's pretty easy."

What do you like best?

I feel like the layout is simple and easy to use. I have not been using it for long because I just started at Haymarket Media but it was pretty easy to learn and get the hang of.

What do you dislike?

It can be slow at times, and exporting reports can take a long time but overall I like it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A

I'm an ad operations specialist at Haymarket Media and I use the reporting tab to create custom reports and keep track of our e-newsletter metrics. I look at how many emails were sent and delivered, as well as total opens and unique opens. I like that I can open all this information in excel to transfer it to our reports.

Gabe F.

"Gabe at JTA"

What do you like best?

I like the safeguards that stop me from sending my test emails to our full list.

What do you dislike?

The user experience -- going back and forth between an image and content library, the way fields are filled in and formatted, etc -- is far more frustrating than previous platforms we have used, such as Mailchimp.

We have been able to develop complex email "journeys," and Maropost has helped scan our email lists for old unsubscribed accounts.

Olivia M.

"Maropost is an efficient, smooth email marketing platform that is expanding our email marketing."

What do you like best?

I like how the Maropost platform is organized and how easy it is to segment and group certain users. Their testing function is useful, and their preview rendering has helped us identify display errors across email providers and operating systems.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you cannot delete a campaign once it's been sent. I often send test campaigns without using the "Send Test" function, and I like to keep my folders clean. The only dislikes I have are minor. Sometimes the counts for segments are slow, and segments do not always look accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of their online support staff. I had many questions and issues pop up and their staff always resolved them in a timely fashion. Their chat function is perfect for quick questions and instructions.

We are solving the issue of Spam blockers, list hygiene, and click-through/open rates. We have realized, through Maropost deliverability analytics, the many filters that ISPs put up for old emails. We are able to segment our users by open rates and improve our IP reputation with these functions.

Candy W.

"Good experience"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that everything is in one place, I can upload photos and build newsletters in the same platform.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the reports are sometimes not updated in real-time. It is also not easy to see at a glance the most updated figures. The support staff are sometimes not that helpful either.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend giving Maropost Marketing Cloud a try to see how the features and product works for your company.

We've been able to schedule and send email campaigns using Maropost. We've also been able to create content feeds and send recurring campaigns.

"Needs help"

What do you like best?

customer service is responsive

sales team is very convincing

What do you dislike?

UI design is extremely faulty

The testing process is very tedious to set up and makes it easy to make mistakes

They constantly make updates that do little to effect the bigger issues and are not completely upgraded

They don't provide scheduling options like "send-time optimization" as an option for A/B testing

Backend team solutions usually provides workarounds on how to function on their ESP but hardly find solutions

Segmentation - is VERY clunky and not efficient whatsoever. Some options do not work properly, especially their location function.

Dynamic content - does not dynamically change content the way you structure it. Extremely faulty and not reliable.

If you pick out a bug in the system it could take weeks or months to get the issue resolved

Creating web page - most icons do not work or function properly

Overall, the ESP has many many challenges. I've personally worked with several different types of ESPs and this so far is the worse one yet. The only way to succeed with this ESP is to constantly figure out workarounds. This makes the user experience VERY challenging to do even the most minimalistic tasks and makes it difficult to execute. Whenever there is an update I am always cautious. Usually, it doesn't work properly or it comes up an array of other issues. I have very little faith in this ESP because it has been so painfully disappointing.

Candace K.

"Not my favorite ESP"

What do you like best?

It sends emails. I like the render preview tool as well.

What do you dislike?

Lack of reporting features, lack of attrition reporting. UI isn't super intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to negotiate your terms, realize that many features are half (or not at all) baked, and be prepared to come up with creative solutions/workarounds.

Driving traffic to media sites with regular newsletters

Tyler B.

"Can't Say Enough Good About MaroPost"

What do you like best?

After growing our business to 6 million emails sent a month, we had some serious issues with deliverability that overnight slashed our profits by 33%! I talked to some friends and was introduced to MaroPost. Our open rates went from an average of 12.6% to 19.5% in a matter of weeks after switching! The best part is...

We are now sending over 15 million emails and open rates are still above 19%!

I couldn't recommend MaroPost enough for people who are serious about their email marketing and want to scale their business withut the hassle of their Email Service Provider failing on them.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. They have great technical support and are always available for any emergency or question we might have.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Maropost is more expensive then other email service providers. However, this is our biggest profit center and if you're an online company my bet is that it's yours too! You can't make money off emails that aren't delivered. So why not go with the best. We made our money back month one!

Deliverability of our email and a utilizing a software that can handle our volume.

Our deliverability has increased and we are better able to track and segment our campaigns.

Amy K.

"Made the switch and LOVE it!"

What do you like best?

The best part of Maropost is the continued customer service. You would think that after you have been a customer for a while they might put you on the back burner. Not true with Maropost- they are ALWAYS there for you. It's been such a huge help to have conference calls with the Maropost experts and you don't have to wait weeks.

We looked any many different ESP's before making the switch. We loved the Maropost platform and its ease of use. We loved that fact that one price covered everything. As we move forward we don't have to go back and purchase modules that we are now ready for - Maropost is company we can grow with. We also appreciate the fact that they are still growing and developing. Have an issue? Want an improvement- Maropost can make that happen.

What do you dislike?

So far so good. We have not had any issues with our day to day emails. Implementation was smooth. We got this product up and running pretty quick. The only complaint I heard from our IT department was an issue transferring our large list. 1.2 million and this was resolved quickly.

Increased efficiency has allowed us to free up our designer for other projects. This is a big plus. And the great customer support. We are NEVER at a stand still waiting for feedback. If we have an question - it's answered- resolved and we move forward. Time is money...

AI
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Maropost is a strong platform with a good outlook, but a few blind spots"

What do you like best?

The automation tool is by far the most powerful aspect of the platform. It's extremely powerful, feature rich and easy to use. This is undoubtedly where Maropost made a name for themselves. I wish it had SMS and Push notifications included, but it doesn't. As far as email-related automations go, I don't think it's missing anything. It has contact-level tagging which is very important when doing marketing automation.

Other big plusses: segmentation, easy dynamic content, innovative delivery tools, web tracking script, landing page builder/form builder, blacklist checker in email sending workflow, and a really easy way to select/exclude lists during the message creation process.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you have to create content in a separate area from the message creation workflow. This is a little cumbersome. It's the same with their multi-variant testing tool, it's time consuming to manually create many pieces of content before running the test.

I also think the UI has quite a few quirks and bugs. Strange menu layouts etc, but this goes for all email platforms. It just takes a bit of acclimation and fine tuning.

Lastly, although people seem to rave about their customer support, I have had the opposite experience. Not very helpful, short tempered, untruthful, pushy, and very sales-quota oriented.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go through a very thorough evaluation. The initial answers their team gives you are not always trustworthy. On repeated occasions they have either blatantly mislead me or highly exaggerated what the platform can do.

We were looking for a more forward thinking, agile, innovative platform, instead of the older, legacy products we had been using for years. These older products just weren't innovating, whereas Maropost was really disrupting the scene with cutting edge features being shipped at a very fast pace.

"Maropost review"

What do you like best?

Great deliverability rate, live chat, reliablility

What do you dislike?

Customer service from reps - sometimes I have had to ask for the same thing multiple times and there are a lot of delays in getting what we need. We've had 3 or 4 CSM's since starting 2 years ago and it feels like nobody truly owns our account.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

yes - but CSM's for accounts could be more responsive.

Drip email marketing - the Journey setup works really well.

Manage large email lists without issues

Matt S.

"All I Can Say Is WOW!"

What do you like best?

Maropost is a phenomenal product backed by an amazing team. We have been utilizing Maropost as a basis for the entire email marketing side of our business for over 1.5 years and they have not disappointed. Not only is the platform extremely simple to use, the analytics provided have help us zero in our campaigns to deliver they highest revenue results possible. In addition, the entire support team is ALWAYS there when you need them. They answer any and all questions I have while also providing immediate support for any issues that arise within a timely manner. I highly recommend Maropost.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can say as a "dislike" about Maropost.

With email providing nearly 80% of yearly revenue, it is essential that we are getting into the inbox every single time. Maropost's team goes above and beyond to help us ensure those goals are met. They are constantly monitoring our inboxing and making sure we have all of the insights we need to stay out of the spam folders and deliver all of our messages. We have doubled our business since working with Maropost, and our email program plays a HUGE part in the success.

"Maropost Experience from a marketer, not an engineer"

What do you like best?

It has a host of important features, ability to send emails, create segments, lists, dynamic content, reporting.

What do you dislike?

The UX and UI don't make any sense and are not intuitive for laypeople who are not developers. I wish the reporting capabilities were better. It is a bit complicated to build journeys and clunky. Pulling reporting on unsubs is a pain.

Sending emails, mostly batch and blasts also triggers and transactionals, maintaining lists, etc.

Andrew C.

"I Will Name My First Born "Maropost" "

What do you like best?

The best thing about Maropost is the people behind the platform.

I can't count how many times I've come to them with a problem only to get it quickly resolved.

Plus Ross is a pretty hands on CEO, not shying away from customers.

For example I recently met up with Ross at a conference and asked him how we could accomplish setting up a button in our emails that allows readers to adjust the numbers of emails they get from us.

At first the answer wasn't apparent either of us, but Ross and I spent about 8 minutes to think it through and come up with a solution.

Second to that would be the increase in deliverability from what we were using before.

And third would be how easy it is to login and create segmented Autoresponder sequences.

Overall, if you're serious about upping your email game you'd be crazy to go with anyone else other than Maropost.

Thanks Ross and Team!

What do you dislike?

At first I didn't like how there wasn't much documentation on how things worked. But over the past year, the team at Maropost has come along way and have been a great help.

That's the only complaint I can really think of.

Sure there have been minor issues in the past, however I get those quickly resolved by just emailing support@maropost.com.

Our primary focus with email is getting the right message to the right customer at the right time. This way we can drive our engagement up and maintain that valuable brand real estate in the minds of our customers and prospects.

Maropost is helping us with that on all fronts. Especially when it comes to deliverability and segmentation.

Josh S.

"Reporting"

What do you like best?

The ability to create custom reports. It's very simple.

What do you dislike?

All of the fields are a default. Sometimes we don't need all the fields to export

Email marketing.

"More streamline than other email applications"

What do you like best?

We previously used Ontraport for all our emails, Maropost has streamlined a lot of our processes and made our email system much easier to manage!

What do you dislike?

How tabs are nested can be confusing or hard to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the live chat when getting to know the application.

What we took two separate email systems before we can now do with one; Maropost.

Jeff R.

"Excellent support, solid delivery, very flexible"

What do you like best?

Maropost offers very responsive and personal support. The delivery is on par with industry leaders. And most importantly to us, they show a great deal of flexibility in the processes we test and support those changes as we make them on the fly.

What do you dislike?

Most of the functionality that is currently lacking is known to be in development. Although there are a handful of limitations on reporting and response features, I know they are being built and have great confidence in the viability of what is delivered based on Maropost's historical track record of churning out quality upgrades.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As with any software decision, it's important to vet not only the product, but the team around it. We felt very comfortable with Ross and his team of professionals. The team we are exposed to has a long history of success in the industry, and we felt very comfortable with their leadership and experience level.

We've enhanced deliverability on Hotmail and Yahoo, as well as found a true partner in our building process.

AP
Administrator in Publishing

"Great ESP "

What do you like best?

We started with MaroPost when they were still in their infancy. Now almost four years later they have added a robust host of features and their support staff is super to work with on issues - FAR BETTER THAN INFUSION SOFT WHO ARE TERRIBLE!

What do you dislike?

They do things a little differently, and their product layout is not necessarily intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ontraport (Office Auto-Pilot)

Mass emailing up to and around 4M every month.

Learn more about Maropost

Maropost Videos

Learning about Maropost?

* We monitor all Maropost reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.