HelloSign Reviews & Product Details

HelloSign Overview

What is HelloSign?

HelloSign is the easiest way to send, receive and manage legally binding signatures for your business of any size. We help individuals and teams quickly and securely complete paperwork online through an intuitive, user-friendly signing experience. We provide the same powerful workflow, security/compliance, and custom branding that large companies require at an SMB-friendly price. With tools like automatic email reminders, flexible signing workflow, team management capabilities and more, we help businesses all over the world ditch costly paper processes, increase efficiency, and reach a ROI faster. Overall, we’re the ideal solution for businesses to ensure their most important document transactions are completed with ease. HelloSign's signature experience is optimized for mobile too, so anyone can fill out and sign documents anywhere, at anytime. Businesses that use HelloSign benefit from up to a 93% reduction in turnaround time with contracts. HelloSign customers have seen results like a near-10% increase in revenue, average savings of more than $50k annually in employee efficiency, and increase in sales close rates of up to 25%. To add, HelloSign works seamlessly with business apps you already know and love like Slack, Salesforce, Oracle Content & Experience Cloud, HubSpot CRM, Eventbrite, and more. HelloSign also integrates with cloud storage services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, Box, and OneDrive, allowing users to save and access their signed documents in any of their cloud storage accounts. In addition to its web application, HelloSign also offers a free mobile app for iPhone and Android devices. Heavily integrated with Google, HelloSign offers a Google App for on-boarding teams, provides the option for users to use their Gmail username and password to log directly into HelloSign, and offers “HelloSign for Gmail,” a Gmail extension that adds a "sign" button to all attachments received via e-mail, allowing users to open, sign and send documents from directly within their Gmail accounts. HelloSign also offers a REST-based API that supports JSON. Companies integrate the HelloSign API in an average of only 2.5 days — the fastest in the industry. API users can send documents by either referencing an existing template or including a file in their API request. The HelloSign API is highly recommended amongst the developer community and is often praised for clean documentation, dedicated API support, and unparalleled developer experience. All documents signed through HelloSign are legally binding under the 2000 U.S. Electronic Signature in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN), Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) and is compliant with Electronic ID and Trust Services (eIDAS) regulations. Data passed through HelloSign stays secure with SSL encryption and world-class server infrastructure. HelloSign is both HIPAA and SOC 2 compliant.

HelloSign Details
German, English, French, Dutch, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Fast, Secure, and Legally Binding eSignatures for Business

HelloSign Reviews

Showing 567 HelloSign reviews
Already have HelloSign?
Enterprise Account Development Representative
What do you like best?

HelloSign is very user friendly to user. I like the ability to reassign signatory to others as well as see a complete, time stamped history of the documents. It does everything you would need for an e-signature software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I can say I dislike with HelloSign. It's done everything I've needed it to! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hello Sign has been great for us. It is very user friendly and allows us to do business quickly and at scale. I can't say how it really differentiates from the other players, but it does what we need it to! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In today's fast paced world of business, being able to enable sales teams to sell and close quickly is paramount. If a customer agrees on a deal, Hello Sign allows you to strike while the iron is hot and get a signature to close the deal. Never worry about missing a deal due to an inability to get the signature! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is an easy-to-use and intuitive platform, many of the employees in our company do not excel in technology and still managed to understand and handle HelloSign perfectly quickly. Obtaining electronic signatures is really simple thanks to this tool, we like it a lot. Uploading the documents is not a big problem. The included templates are really good and can be integrated into all kinds of documents. It is important to note that it is quite affordable for any company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The support they provide is quite late, the simplest questions are answered after 24 business hours and this is a bit annoying. But beyond this we do not have any complaints regarding the software, the errors that have been presented are minimal and over time they have been solved in a good way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For us, this software has been a really valuable tool and has given us the business stability that we so badly needed. We are really happy with the service this platform offers us for our development and we would not change it for anything. It is one of the cheapest on the market and does its job effectively. It has all the necessary functions to keep a company up and running, we highly recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HelloSign helped our company enter the world of technology and automation. Today we can receive and send letters, files and documents quickly and with all the comfort that this software offers us. The electronic signature process was incredibly easy for us, our employees and customers are grateful. Using templates streamlines the writing process very well. All these factors have helped us to save time, personnel and resources, thanks to this we have been able to obtain a greater customer acquisition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in HelloSign
Business Planner
What do you like best?

I like HelloSign! I have experimented with other people and also realised that it provides a huge number of functions in comparison to several of its competitors. I've also contacted their customer support, and they had been incredible—very friendly and prompt in getting back to me. I used this to transmit contracts about videography tasks to my clients. They also think it is really simple to use when they sign, and I've gotten good comments from them. I will recommend it to others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I was not a big fan of being unable to save templates unless you upgrade your membership. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. We've gone through the general features while on the trial period. But as our small business expands, we will upgrade to the premium package for it allows a greater amount of API calls Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The best part of using HelloSign is being able to immediately gather signatures of our remote clientele with only a couple of clicks and internally from our office, allowing us to streamline methods and conserve paper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

When we first starting using HelloSign, it met our needs perfectly. It is a fairly straightforward, lightweight e-signature platform. The system has expanded since we first subscribed, and now features a much broader range of development tools.

Our needs have remained modest, and up until the product completely failed recently, it handled all our contract signatures.

Ultimately, the most compelling part of HelloSign for us is the value for money, as unlike its main competitor, you can have 5 users for one base price that is 1/5 the cost of the alternative. For early stage or startup firms, that is a big plus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Here is the heart of my low score: the product recently stopped working and we have now been struggling for a week to fix our contracts. In summary, contracts froze in the browser while being signed, and then we had trouble editing the templates, and then we couldn't delete the templates, and then I sent out a template that had been created 2 years ago, and there were multiple copies attached!

You use e-signature software to, no surprise, get signatures on agreements. Almost always, these are binding legal agreements, so having robust and 'enterprise-grade' software is absolutely critical in my opinion.

When a product like this fails, it creates significant operational issues. When the e-signature process froze the browser, it reflected poorly on our organization. I would have thought that support would have been a bit more attentive, but instead, I have now spent a week trying to get some concrete direction on fixing the problems (multiple serious issues). Support consists of 1 email daily, and has consisted largely of me trying to send video screencaptures, and then a long back and forth to verify my email. In summary, it has been extremely frustrating, and we have been in limbo without our e-signature service available.

We are waiting to see a resolution, but have ultimately decided we will leave HelloSign for their larger rival in order to get better support, as our needs are going to expand rapidly in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Obtaining e-signatures for a range of legal corporate agreements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Real Estate Investor
What do you like best?

The price is better than any other online doc signing I found. It has all the major things you would look for such as updates, keeping records of the docs, ease of use, templates, editing documents you may need to change and resend, getting finalized copies emailed to all parties, adding "CC's" or people to view the documents that are not signers, and adding comments/instructions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish I got just a little more as far as features for the cheaper account. I would really like to have more templates and be able to have other users in the cheaper account but it is available in the more expensive package. I think that for the price though it is very fair the features they offer. Another tip is I wish the boxes lined up better once you send the document(the same way you line them up when you create it) and also if the system could recognize the lines and input the boxes automatically that would be nice. Sometimes when I upload documents in word format they end up being longer than the original(IE if they were 1 page they might end up being 2 pages). These are small and minor dislikes though so all in all take it with a grain of salt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is probably worth it to pay for the more expensive version if you can afford it. Having multiple templates to get signed is a really good feature if you get a lot of different contracts signed regularly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is so much easier to get documents signed now and I am able to do most everything online. This program is easy and I can keep a record of all my signed documents in the system as well as getting signing updates or copies of finished contracts to my email as well as other signer's emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's very easy to set up new client agreements to be routed for signature. I just uploaded a Word document and made it into a template complete with fields that are pre-populated as well as one with free text and initial fields. This is helpful because my basic agreement is the same for everybody, and I don't want to have to place the fields every time. It's also easy to see where a document is in the routing stages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I wanted to send an updated document to a client who hadn't signed the first one yet, I had to cancel the first one and start a new one. Since it hadn't been signed yet, seems like I should've just been able to just replace the documents within the original signature request. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My clients have to sign an agreement before receiving my services, so HelloSign allows me to gather those signatures efficiently and quickly. I get my signed agreements back a lot more quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Over the past few years, I have tried many similar softwares, but Hello sign is my No.1 choice by far. It's very easy to use, allows me to send multiple documents at the time, which helps me be more efficient. Even people who have never used it before (and are less tech savvy) can sign the documents effortlessly. I love the fact that you can upload the templates of your standard documents, and just forward for signature whenever you need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I don't like. It's a great software, I would recommend it to everyone. I've been using it for 2-3 years and haven't had any issues - ever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the free trial and compare to other solutions, I am sure you will like HelloSign as much as I do :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have many documents in the legal department being signed via hello sign every day. Print & scan are thing of the past, hello sign allows me to send the documents for e-signature easily, upload templates, and send to multiple recipients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

HelloSign makes it incredibly easy to collate various documents, prepare them for signature and completion, and get them sent to the appropriate signatories. I mostly appreciate the tracking features, enabling me to see when a required signer has opened and viewed the document -- along with the ability to send reminders when necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are occasional glitches with the app, at least in the Safari web browser. I sometimes need to delete fields (like Signatures) and add them back again because I am unable to move them around the page or adjust the field size without doing so. Also, the mobile experience for prepping a document for signature is not as easy as I'd hope - and the mobile app does not feel supported, as it is not the correct size in a new iPhone and has incredibly limited functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an easy solution that just 'gets the job done.' No need to really look anywhere else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sending and tracking documents for signature. I realized after using HelloSign how cumbersome the alternative is: sending a PDF, asking for various users or signatories to use whatever apps they have at their disposal to cobble together a signature, then ensuring whomever the next signer is has the latest version to pile on their signature, etc. All in all, it's possible to do this in other ways with other tools, but HelloSign makes it quite easy, straightforward, and affordable to do so in a way that requires less explanations and hand-holding to those who receive the documents for execution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We've been using HelloSign for a couple of months now, mostly for onboarding new employees but also for the occasional signature needed. Our onboarding forms are pretty complex -- not just a signature but a series of fields the recipient will need to complete. Since we use the same forms for each new employee, we have them all loaded into 1 template. So whenever we are onboarding someone, we can just send them the new hire packet with a few clicks of the mouse. Initially I was concerned that some new hires might have technical trouble with the forms, but that hasn't been an issue at all. Also, HelloSign's support is awesome. I sent them a ton of emails when we were shopping for e-signature platforms and they were always quick to get back to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We selected the Pro plan, which means we have 1 template. I wish that we could purchase just one more template and stick to the Pro plan (not buy up to the Business plan). Other than that, no complaints! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask the support team all the questions you have and then do the free trial. Consider how many templates you'll need. Remember that with templates you can send the same batch of paperwork each time and you will only need to define the fields once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used to have lengthy new hire appointments with paper forms, and we no longer need to do that. So it saves us time (and paper). I think the new hires appreciate this format too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Roofing Consultant
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to upload a document to be signed. With drag and drop signature features, you can send out a document in minutes. Saves time and money by doing it like this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it would be easier to use with an iPhone. I typically have to use my laptop for this product. While it’s doable on the iPhone, it’s not as easy or efficient. Sometimes can be frustrating. Would recommend using a laptop if possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

HelloSign is a great product. It’s easy to use and very user friendly for your clients. I have had no complaints other than uploading a document with my iPhone. Using a laptop is much more user friendly as an administrator, although it can still be done with a phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With the pandemic, I needed a fully digital contract signing application. I used to do all of this in person, but was amazed how user friendly it is for both me and my clients. After the pandemic, I plan on using HelloSign as my primary way of getting contracts signed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Of Staff
What do you like best?

I like that HelloSign is really easy to use, has great team support, has template support, and honestly just works! I love the ability to create templates and use them extensively. It works really well for almost anything, and I'm a big fan of that. It's not often that I find a product that runs so smoothly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The feature to add form fields and signature fields onto a document is a little bit clunky. There's no "auto-find" field feature like Adobe Acrobat has, you often need to set fields manually, copy paste doesn't work super well, and it's not very "smart." It gets the job done but perhaps if you have a lot of individual docs (rather than templates) that you work with, it's not super good. I also dislike the multi-click login; I wish I could just login from the homepage, rather than clicking on a log-in button and then being redirected to a log-in page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We didn't consider alternatives, but it's probably good diligence to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use HelloSign to ensure that all legal documents are in one place, standardized, and of course legally robust. We've been able to easily access all offer letters, contracts, etc. and can easily refer to them without having to store each one manually in G Drive or search who owns which one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

HelloSign allows multiple users to sign and date their contract easily. All parties receive the notification and are able to access the contract, send it back, then get the finalized version sent back to them to save for their records. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Saving templates is a little confusing. Having a template that already is saved makes it uneditable. I wish that you were able to save a template, then have the chance to reedit them each time, but it just saves only the doc/pdf version, without any new signatures that have been added, which isn't ideal. I end up having to create a new contract every time instead of just using the same format, which definitely would save some time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using HelloSign to process contractor agreements mostly. We were previously using it to send offer letters as well, but now, Gusto is able to do that for us. The benefits are that we have a legally binding document that can easily be sent to contractors to get them to start working immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like most about HelloSign is its ease of use. I’m able to quickly upload, edit, and access my documents with only a few clicks. My clients are able to sign quickly and efficiently.

HelloSign also organizes and stores my documents so they’re readily available when I need them. I especially love that I get alerts letting me know when clients have viewed or signed their contracts.

With HelloSign, my clients know I’m professional which gives my business more credibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are no downsides to HelloSign that I have yet to find. I have used other document signing sites in the past, but have yet to be more impressed with one than I am with HelloSign. I have everything I need in once place now.

I am a paid subscriber now, but even when I was just getting started, HelloSign provided me 3 free documents a month. That was really helpful for me when I had fewer clientele and less money to spend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend HelloSign. If you are looking for an effective means of sending and receiving documents, HelloSign is the way to go. It takes only a few minutes to upload and prepare your documents, you’re able to send to as many recipients as you need, and your documents are organized. HelloSign has upgrade options as well. You may also use the service for free if you only need to send a few documents. I love HelloSign. I use it every day and have never had a client complain regarding the accessibility or ease of use.

I’ve already told several other entrepreneurs in my industry about HelloSign because it has eliminated so many issues for me. I already have a lot to do with such a small business, fumbling with paperwork shouldn’t be an additional chore. All of that has been eliminated thanks to HelloSign. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HelloSign has eliminated so many unnecessary steps in document signing. My business has only 2 employees- myself and the administrator. Prior to HelloSign, sharing documents was a hassle- faxing or emailing, copying recipients, printing, saving, storing. HelloSign has eliminated all of that. Now, I’m able to send contracts in minutes and they’re easily accessible to myself and my business partner.

I also get an alert when clients view and sign their documents which means no hassle of wondering whether or not it was received, viewed, or signed. I highly recommend HelloSign to business owners of all sizes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Just in time for Covid, I moved my service agreement from paper-and-pen to HelloSign. It's so helpful to be able to send the agreement to new clients to review at their own convenience, so they can read, sign, and get started ...all from the comfort of home. (Also, after an unfortunate hard drive crash, I was able to download all of my agreements from HelloSign, and resume business as usual!) What a helpful addition to my business! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could modify documents once they are uploaded. I often need to make small tweaks to a document, and I have to re-upload a new document to do so. It only take a matter of minutes, so it's not a big deal. (If I am able to modify documents after they're uploaded, I haven't figured out how, yet!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the trial period to see how well HelloSign can work for your business. It's easy to set up and use, and once you see how much it helps, you'll be convinced! Be sure to send a trial document to someone outside your organization, so you can track the document through the entire process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I haven't had any problems at all. Using HelloSign makes me appear more professional and more prepared to my clients, because it genuinely helps me BE more professional and more prepared! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Stage Manager
What do you like best?

It’s easy to use! Just upload your document(s) then fill in with signature, initials or date wherever you need and send it off. I typically use this to sign and send documents, but this can be used to receive additional signatures as well. It’s easy to use and has been a reliable business tool for my freelance and personal business. I especially love that it is my actual signature and not a scripted font. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As with everything else in your budget, cheaper is always better. I use the unlimited plan, because I never know how many documents I’ll need to sign each month. Would be great to have some additional levels of options for monthly fee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I use HelloSign for personal use as part of my own business as a freelancer and independent contractor. When o started I was using the free plan, but slowly needed to add more signatures each month and upgraded to a pay plan. It is easy to use and meets my needs for signing and sending contracts, time sheets and other business documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I save time and money using HelloSign. No need to print, sign and scan or fax or mail, everything can be done from any computer no matter where I am located at the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I just log in, choose who I need to sign, load the document and adding the text boxes and such are so user friendly!

I’m not very tech savvy, and I love how professional I feel sending out my contracts to clients this way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t really have any dislikes, only thing I would like to be able to do it put a deadline on the contracts. Like it’s only available for 3 days etc. But I’m sure this probably is an option and I just haven’t figured out how to use it yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great program if you use legal documents and contracts for your business.

It’s very user friendly for both myself and the clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I started out using a paper contract that I would email and have them scan back or take a photo.... it goes without explaining... HelloSign has made my life so much easier.

I also find the process of obtaining clients, getting deposits, and finalizing their contracts is so much quicker this way than trying to get them to scan them or fax them etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease, the way it allows our small business to have that big business feel at a fraction of the cost of other sites! It's user friendly, easy to learn, easy to navigate and easy to set it up with our own branding. It's easy to integrate into our systems which just adds to the overall great aspects of this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like it if it would email out contracts to customers and say that they are from our company rather than hello sign. We have had a few customers who've gotten confused by that. It would also be nice if we were able to create different templates for different reasons but have those email descriptions set so they can not be changed if that makes sense. I.e. a sales template with certain wording, and then also offer letter templates with their own set wording in the email description. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out, but take the time to train your staff, your customers and to set it up right. Test it before you go live so that you understand the process from both ends and will be able to confidently teach it to your staff and your customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ease of sending our contracts, the process is seamless. So much easier to have the virtual signature process rather than having to take contracts to have them signed and then scanning them into our system and having to go and set appointments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As a film and photo producer, flexibility, and repeatability in the documentation process are those time savers that add up to major money savers. Talent or client names are quickly changed on our standardized form and distributed to stakeholders and accounting without a second thought. Form creation is intuitive and easy, even for a new hire, to put into action. More than anything I love that every form is available companywide once it is signed. I cannot express how nice it is to also get the followup email auto-sent to talent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Purely esthetics, but the site seems bare. There is a lot of white. Although the programming is solid, there seems to be a lot of space for branding and inspiration. I think it would also be cool if the new years tax documents were auto loaded and ready for distribution each year. I imagine that would be a process every year to update, but, for example, having the 2020 W-9 and W-4 ready to just send to talent would be just awesome as opposed to having to prep the document. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have ever had a moment of panic because a signed release or tax document is missing and the signer has already left the building, this program is you. I have had many documents ruined in the field by sudden rain or wind, this physically can not happen if you use HelloSign. I 100% Recommend this service or all of my fellow producers and film/photo office staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We do photo and film shoots all over. Many times we are miles out into the wilderness and having to worry about a folder full of tax paperwork and releases is a pain. With HelloSign never again will I have to contact a crew member, talent, or client and ask for them to resign a muddy or destroyed document. This program has already saved me from missing someone's documents before publishing the project they appeared in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and easy to show others how to use. I learned how to use to software myself very easily and quickly. When I sent something to anyone they quickly and easily take onto how to use it. It shows when someone has opened your link you sent them and then sends you an email right away once they are all done. It does let you go back and edit things you filled out which is nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there isn't anything I dislike about HelloSign. I use it ALL THE TIME! It's really the best. I wish I had more things I could find to can use it on. One thing that would be cool is if it had a video recording option so you can show someone how to fill things out or what you need done without leaving the website. It doesn't bother me to have to use something else to record just would be cool if it was all in one area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

That if you are looking for software that is quick and easy to use you have found it. If you have a simple way of thinking you have come to the right website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We do all our electric doc through it. So I'm always log in to sign this or that or fill something out. I realized how much faster doing all these things online makes life. You just file it all on your email it also lives right on there website as well if you think you can't find it. I never knew what I was missing until now. Please take pretty quickly to how to use it and how it all works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.