Google Voice Reviews & Product Details

@google
22,626,565 Twitter followers
224,374 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.

Google Voice Reviews

Showing 68 Google Voice reviews
Already have Google Voice?
Talent Sourcing Director
CEO
What do you like best?

I love that Google voice allows me to separate and control what kind of calls and how many calls I get to my phone. I love that I can check missed calls, I can take calls and I can receive and respond to text messages from any device. Google voice is actually the number I get out all the time. It is rare that I will give out a network provider number considering that it changes so often. Because of how Google voice integrates into your email address and the standalone Google voice webpage, it's really hard to miss a call. I love that I can also block numbers and phone numbers that maybe I don't want to block but would really like to distance from, I can market as spam. Google voice has been my business phone number solution for a long time. I would say since 2014. It really works. It also integrates into Google hangouts which is also really cool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some services won't accept my number when I try to verify. There are some apps or services that if I try to verify my number and they attempt to send me a verification code, I won't get it. Also with Wells Fargo when I attempt to verify my phone number through online banking I don't get the text message. Outside of that the service is really awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that the phone number you choose is one that you're going to stick to. If you were to decide to try to change that number there is a fee involved. Also be sure that with your Google voice account you monitor what messages you are archiving and what you're deleting. Deletions are irreversible. But the number of archived messages can't really stack up. If it anytime you need to download all of your messages or attachments, your Google account has a feature that will provided you with all of that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problem of having no physical phone line in my office and with Google voice it gives me mobility to still receive calls and text messages. I use this as a business line and as a personal line and folks don't really know the difference. This to me is such an important feature because it has allowed me to cut costs on communications. There have been occasions where I did not or could not pay the phone bill for my actual network provider and I was still able to continue my communications using Google voice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have used so many voice carriers to make calls. I do work in a call center job. I have used Mixie and Aircall and even though they are great I think google voice takes the cake making it one of the best calling networks to have in your work environment. It is so efficient and organizes everything for you it is so amazing how quick and user friendly it is it makes it a lot easier to handle and to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are very few things I dislike about google voice. I don't like how long it takes to install at the beginning but it does have an option for you to do other things while it is installing so it isnt too much of a draw back. I feel that the good things google voice has outweighs almost all of the bad things that there are. its incredible how many amazing things that are available at google voice and it makes me so happy that I too am a user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please do it. it is so worth all of your time and effort to make the switch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving lots of organizational problems and lots of time efficiency problems. being able to do so much in such little time is amazing.I love being able to go and call someone on my google voice then set up a call back and being reminded is amazing. its such an efficient way to be able to know that google voice is by far the way to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Market Partner
What do you like best?

I love that we can use this service to call and send text messages. I love the voicemail feature as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t dislike anything I feel like everything is really easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is really easy to use and very efficient I have saved a lot of time using this and I’ve been able to see a lot of my messages and voicemails which in the past I may have lost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love using this to be able to make phone calls as well as voicemails stored in my Google. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher
What do you like best?

I like that I can use my personal phone and use the app to make business calls. It also links to my business email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It pulls my personal contacts. I'm not sure if there is a way to add business contacts separately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One phone, 2 lines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Food Server
What do you like best?

This has come in so handy for times I Need to contact a customer but do not want to give my personal number or use the phone at work which sits on the hostess stand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This product is STELLAR for it's intended us e and there is nothing I would change. You can put the app on your phone, or choose not to. It's awesome in an emergency fi you leave your phone behind but do have a PC. It also offers privacy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I mainly use this product to reach out to customers who have lodged complaints Google Voice has saved the day! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GC
What do you like best?

It's as simple as it gets to trunk calls and It's free!

There is no Pros - I thought it was a good value but ....

Basic Voip system. I primarily use it in conjunction with 8x8 to have a free number pop up on my phone.

Marketing opportunities It makes work easy for company and makes you move faster at work You can also try it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited in terms of other functionality and integration to all other media platforms.

This system that Google offers us is really wonderful, I do not really observe in any deficiency.

I have no negatives about google voice. The app isn't particularly aesthetic, but its user friendly.

As with all Google services, Google can use your personal information in ways that you may not agree with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to make all the calls we need in order to reach out to participants and new recruits in a timely matter with everyone using it at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dental Assisting Instructor
What do you like best?

Linking numerous devices & call record. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to create new or edit existing contacts on the app installed on my iPhone. I have to go onto my work desktop computer to handle my contacts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure you have access to a computer in order to add any numbers as contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a dental assisting instructor so I need all of my students in all 4 of my classes to have a cell phone number for me so we can communicate outside of class if necessary, along with communication with all the various dental offices the students are doing their externships. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Department of Cosmetics Research Analyst
What do you like best?

How easy it is to use and how I can add multiple team members' phones to the account. When we do add multiple phones, all of them ring and whoever can pick up will pick up, it is convenient to talk about certain research participants. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everyone uses the same password to login and it doesn't seem super secure. Also, the log of calls we make isn't very clear and organized and hard to look at in general. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is better than most other programs, but does take a while to get used to in terms of the interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to make all the calls we need in order to reach out to participants and new recruits in a timely matter with everyone using it at once. Before that, only one person could make calls at a time and only one person could answer when people called back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Podcast Producer & Audio Mixer
Entertainment
What do you like best?

I conduct interviews via phone that get recorded into the computer for a show, and Google Voice is my go to service for all calls. It's great for both domestic and overseas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm worried it will get shelved at some point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Google Voice for any and all VOIP needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I need to interview people all over the world and have decent audio quality recorded, and Google Voice allows me to do both things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Consultant
What do you like best?

Google Voice is so helpful because you can create a phone number to use for your business that goes directly to your phone and it's completely free Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Google Voice is that when the number comes to my phone I'm not sure if they're calling my regular phone or if they're calling from Google Voice Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try Google Voice now while it's still free Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have a business and Google Voice helps me to connect with my customers without giving them my personal phone number Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

WIth google voice we are able to interact with our clients via text, quickly and easily actually texting from my computer rather than by phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cannot leave an outgoing message when you're not there Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Offers a great alternative to texting and enables a record of interactions to be at your fingertips. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our clients submit requests for quotes for vacation packages and want an immediate answer. Using google voice gives us the ability to TEXT them the basic info for price, flights, hotel and it seems to grab their attention and they seem more likely to respond than when we sent them an e-mail will full details. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

The sign up process is the easiest. Also it was free to sign up and use, no hidden fees. This is a good service when you do not want someone to have your number, but don't want to call blocked either. I have not had any issues calling or receiving calls from this service. I've tried other WiFi call apps and they all have ridiculous ads and it makes it complicated to make a call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes at the moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love using this app when my phone is dead because it allows you to use a desktop or tablet, which a lot of apps do not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Additional number for free calls and text. App is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Dislike how you either have the option to link calls to your personal number with incoming call showing as your personal number or actual incoming call number. Hard to distinguish whether you are receiving a call from your phone number or your google number Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefit off having a separate number from personal so clients/customers are not involved with your personal information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Desiree Jean
What do you like best?

I like how Google Voice gives us the option to use a landline phone, connected to our Obihai200 device. It makes calling crystal-clear, even when I use the smart phone that my company bought me. This is because Google Voice uses VoIP technology, rather than regular calling signal. Google Voice transcribes voicemails to my company email address, and texts as well! I can reply to emails to text customers back, which is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike Google Voice's initial setup. Since we were initially set up our company's number on a cell phone, we had to port the number from our cell phone to Google Voice. And since we were using an MVNO, we had to use the last 15 digits of the SIM number for the account number, and guess our way through the service options. Then, we had to pay for an adapter and a landline phone battery, as well as Verizon FiOS internet. I also dislike the initial setup process, where call screening is enabled by default. It should be disabled; it confuses customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When switching to Google Voice from a cell phone number, be sure to know how your MVNO (if applicable) translates to the 4 major carrier system. Also, disable call screening. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Google Voice allows us to respond to our customers over Hangouts on any device. I realized that a simple $20 porting fee and a simple $50 investment for the Obihai200 allows for crystal-clear calling on both mobile phones and our landline phone system, in addition to voicemail transcriptions and email-texting features. Plus, our company saves $20 a month, as we do not have to pay monthly for Google Voice, rather, we use our Internet bills (data and ethernet). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

I like the function where this app will give you the option of using a "fake number" to contact clients or vendors when providing your personal number is not ideal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the ability to separate the texting from your actual phone texts. This is where I opt to email instead of text if calling is not convenient to the other person. When using this product, I have used a "fake number" so if you choose to use your real number, I don't see this being an issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend communication via email vs. texting with this app if you choose the option of using a "fake #" I find this to be more organized and a better functioning software option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The texting feature and the voicemails are not always noticed, slowing down communication and work productivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

owner
What do you like best?

I Use it for my company so I am not distracted @work. And they when you miss a call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

there really nothing that I dislike about it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

missed calls Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

Accessible through email account

Linked to phone number so calls received as though coming from portable device

Free if non international call; helpful when abroad and SIM is removed from phone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Could only access on my laptop; couldn't on my phone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Set it up while in home country Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Low-cost/free calling when working in office abroad Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Provides a way for you to be reached with discretion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You have to stay logged into google voice to use it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping in touch with clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love having a US cell number that is free to call and text anywhere in the United States and just add credit to call anywhere in the world.

The Google Voice system works just like a normal cell phone number on Wifi/mobile data, you can receive calls from anywhere in the world and you can also do everything from a google hangout app on your phone or the google voice website on your desktop.

Google voice also have the ability to easily send out text messages in a text message blast campaign linked up with Google Sheets.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would this service to be available overseas with the ability to get a local number in each country, but otherwise, i can't complain about a free awesome service like google voice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

opening this up to different countries, is it so much better than having a local sim number or porting numbers to skype Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy communication with clients in the USA, I can send them a text message to come to their computer to review website changes I've made or be easily contacted by them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

I use Google Voice on a regular basis for both calling and messaging. One of my favorite things about Google Voice is that you have the choice to either choose to use your current phone number or to pick a new phone number - a phone number of your choice! I love that about Google Voice. Especially since I live in one state and have a large pool of customers in another state, Google Voice has allowed me to now have a number with an area code that I chose, from the area in which I don't live but have a lot of customers. I also like that Google Voice has many features to choose from - another of my favorites is that you have the option of having incoming calls be answered directly or having the caller have to first announce their name - which you can listen to before deciding whether or not to answer/accept the incoming call - a great way to screen those unsolicited marketing calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to find something to dislike about Google Voice. Honestly, the only thing that I have found to dislike about Google Voice is that the application tends to crash on a pretty regular basis. While it doesn't usually crash during a phone call - when browsing the application or sending messages, it does tend to crash out of nowhere often - causing you to have to restart what you were doing and send a crash report (which is optional). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Google Voice for those people who want to be able to choose and customize their own phone number - whether you want to pick your area code or pick a phone number that has numbers that spell out a word that goes along with your business or that is memorable to customers - it is such a unique application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Google Voice allows me to screen those unsolicited calls by having the incoming caller announce their name before I choose whether or not to accept the call. This saves a lot of time that was wasted on answering and dealing with those frustrating marketing calls. Google Voice also allows me the option of having all voicemail messages transcribed and sent to my email! This is so essential for business, having those voicemail messages that need to be passed on to another person or coworker now able to be forwarded in the form of an email - before Google Voice, those messages would have had to be typed out in an email before being able to be passed on to a coworker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shift Manager
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

I love the fact hat I don’t have to use my device’s original number and I can use Google Voice as my business number. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I crashes on my iPhone. Works smoothly on Android. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows me to screen calls, do conference calls, and record calls as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Traveling Trunk Coordinator and Education Specialist
What do you like best?

I love the ability to send and receive texts from my computer. I can keep working without stopping to check my phone for work related texts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you send a group message, any responses will come in individually and not everyone on the message will receive responses. This is best for single messages. Overall, a user could just use a group chat for better functionality.

Additionally, not every phone number will carry over, so you'll have to sign up for a number that's available on Voice (some phone numbers will transfer over, and you can check all texts on Voice). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The interface is pleasing and the computer notifications are great. While there are issues that I'd like to see fixed with Google Voice, overall it's a very helpful tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That you can have one single phone number for life, and you can forward to that number as you see fit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That international calling (at least to Central and Latin America has become unusable. How can you justify that 1) it works correctly for the first 30 seconds, then after that the recording of the conversation from the other party replays constantly in a loop, and you keep responding until you realize that this is just a recording of the first 30 seconds. How can you justify that? If you have a bad connection, I understand having a distorted or intermittent sound, but having a recorded conversation fragment repeated in an infinite loop is unjustifiable, and this has been going on for two years, but now it is unusable, and 2) sometimes you cannot even get a connection, but whether you get a connection or not, or whether the conversation recording repeats itself, you try the same call via Whatsapp and it works like a charm !. So i am no longer using Google and have gone to T-Mobile which has an impecable connection and quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having one single phone number for the life of the business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Google Voice gives you a free phone number. Super useful. You can use that extra phone number as a phone number to use for listing on websites, filtering calls, and not having to worry about giving out your main phone number. It is quite convenient and useful. It also transcribes voicemails and emails them to you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Google Voice is very limited in its use. There is not a lot of other uses for it. It has not really progressed over the years. The voice mails are also not 100% accurate either. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely worth using. Not a lot to the product but very useful nonetheless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is free and very useful to have an additional phone number you can use and list on websites. It allows you to have a business phone number without paying for an additional phone and phone line. I haven't used much of the customization but it does what I need it to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Google Voice?

Google Voice Categories on G2