Fusion 360

Fusion 360 unifies design, engineering, and manufacturing into a single platform.

Fusion 360 is 6! For a limited time get 50% off an annual subscripton. Offer ends 7.22.

Work for Fusion 360?

Learning about Fusion 360?

Fusion 360 Reviews

Showing 111 Fusion 360 reviews
Tyler G.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Fusion 360
Jonathan O.

"Quickest, Easiest Way to Make Anything"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Fusion 360 is how easy it is to go from ignoramus to competent practitioner. Here's a very common statement I frequently hear from customers: although you can go deep into hardcore manufacturing and engineering, with about a week of practice and some YouTube videos, you can be successful to a degree that would take some serious (and expensive) training with other products.

What do you dislike?

Since it's a relatively new product, there are still bugs to be worked out and features that need to be added. The frequent updates coming automatically through the cloud are great, but they often also introduce new bugs that can be irritating, but with each iteration the product gets better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There's a 30 day free trial and free license options. It's worth a try!

I've heard many answers to this questions from dozens of customers. Here are a few common ones:

• Having CAD and CAM in a single product saves time and money, both in the speed of the workflow and in the reduced opportunities for error (think exporting / versioning).

• There's a wide array of free learning learning material, and a robust and helpful community. This makes it easy to learn quickly and get help.

• The low price of a F360 license made it possible to start a small business.

•The intuitive UI makes it easy to train new people, getting them to productivity quickly.

What Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) solution do you use?

Grant C.

"Absolutely awesome 3D CAD software"

What do you like best?

The user interface and rendering engines are absolutely fantastic, I can design in 3D faster and easier with this product that I can with every other CAD product I've used in the past. I like that you can break down an object into it's components and then create 2D CAD drawings directly from those components ready for making them. I also really like the timeline and that you can go back and edit something and those changes then flow through your whole design.

What do you dislike?

There are not enough material appearances available,, sometimes I would like to use materials for background or scene objects but they're just not available (eg brick, concrete, flooring types etc).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate, go and download the trial today. Fusion 360 is absolutely awesome.

I sue Fusion 360 to design wooden furniture, boxes, tooling, gadgets and even fabric items such as luggage. It's really quick to go from and idea to a visualisation and then to component drawings. The renderings are incredibly accurate when compared with the finished real product.

David C.

"The best CAD software for any user. "

What do you like best?

What I feel is best, is the intuitiveness of the program. Being the first CAD program I learned, the tools were easy to learn and understand, and the more I used the program, the more ambitious I became to explore and grow as much as possible. Learning Fusion allowed me to learn other programs while enrolled in University and got me hungry to improve, learn and grow within the program itself.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is no real algorithmic integration for Mac Users. I know dynamo is for windows and is available, but simple things like adding textures or patterns would be a nice addition if possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One of if not the most versatile CAD platforms currently available on the market to all experience levels. The fact that high school students are using this program before attending university, is a testament to the wide market this product appeals to.

I know there are a lot, but I feel I am not qualified to answer this.

Scott P.

"Fusion 360 CAD CAM with Eagle"

What do you like best?

Complete integrated package that combines mechanical 3D modeling with CAM so I can create G code to operate the Milling Machine, Lathe, CNC 2D Plasma, 3D Printer. Integration with Eagle PCB Design software allowing import of 3D model of the PCB's designed in Autodesk Eagle. Cloud storage so designs can be shared between team members and when I'm working from locations other than the main business office. Massive YouTube tutorial base from Autodesk and others.

What do you dislike?

1) I'm nervous about Cloud storage security. 2) The trend for engineering software is moving to subscription based software. This is both good and bad. The good is that a full blown software package is only $310 per year ( I was an early adopter, your price may vary). This is a great price compared to $15,000 for our previous software. The bad is you need to continue to pay every year to maintain ability to use or modify your designs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

So far, I am very happy with the Fusion 360 CAD / CAM integration. It's great to have one product that include both design and creation of CNC G code to run our machines. Still early in the stages of using it with Eagle PCB design software, but so far it's working great.

3D Cad design of electronic assemblies, enclosures including Printed Circuit board modeling. Creation of G code to drive our CNC Mill and CNC Lathe.

David S.

"Learning how to use the tool and teach others"

What do you like best?

I like the power of the platform and how similar it is to using Inventor. Being able to take a design and send it to a 3D printer, or run it to the CNC, or to create an animation helps me teach design and manufacturing concepts to the High School Students I mentor.

What do you dislike?

1. The learning curve and the paradigm shift. I am a 2+ decads user of AutoCAD 2D tools - I still use them in my professional work. So using the sketch and the extrusion tools is a gear shift that took time to overcome.

2. It appears that Students using the application can't share the files I create in my hobbyist/start-up mode system. Of at least I have not figured out how to do it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Super Powerful, but a steep learning curve.

For my business, I am working on a number of R&D applications for robotic grippers and machine interfaces. I also mentor a FIRST FRC Robotics team and use the platform to develop designs with the students on the team. Several of the students also use Fusion360 for design and development work for the team robot.

Timothy P.

"Perfect for small start-ups and large corporations"

What do you like best?

The value for Fusion 360 is unbeatable. I worked at an academic entrepreneurial institute and we emphasized principles of thrift but hypocritically taught 3D design and analysis with expensive CAD packages. Good luck with that when you go out on your own and have to start paying for software. The value for Fusion 360 is incredible. I don't know how they offer it at such low of a price with all of the capabilities and features that it has.

What do you dislike?

I have been using it for over a year and there is nothing so far that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! I want to see this pricing strategy for Fusion 360 to succeed. I hope they make a lot of money on all of the other strategies they have so that it is a success and adopted by enough users to make it sustainable. Autodesk must have put alot of money into its development and I hope that they get the volume of users to make it happen.

In my start-up we have reduced the our software expenses significantly. In addition, as a small start-up we work remotely so the collaboration and online platform have saved us time and money.

Tim S.

"Growing business, a huge variety of different parts - no problem for Fusion 360!"

What do you like best?

We really got hooked on the workflow. It's all set up in a way that Everything makes sense. I use Fusion 360 mainly for the CAM-Environment - I make my DMG DMU 75 run parts every day of the week using only Fusion 360.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I really dislike is the fact that I can't run a custom form tool in multi-axis Flow. But I mean, that's something I can live without but it would be pretty cool if it becomes available in a future update.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just give it a shot, I mean - they offer a free trial. I think most of the people who are willing to try it out won't get dissappointed.

We don't have to deal with local or server storage for all our files anymore, that's something that helps us along the way. I work alot during the evenings at home, preparing new programs to be run - with all files being cloud stored this is really simple to achieve. The guys working at the shop floor also really like how easy the software is to use. We have become that much faster at making programs, on the go, at the floor that we don't even see it as a problem anymore.

Tom A.

"Fusion 360 - the future of CAD systems"

What do you like best?

Fusion 360 has some serious features which really make it stand out from other CAD systems. While each one has its benefits and downsides, Fusion has some features which other CAD systems are nowhere near having. Mainly things such as the Cloud capability. I can access all my files from anywhere in the world, on any computer, also there are IOS apps so you can take your designs with you on the go, which I have done when I have visited clients, I have taken my iPad and shown them the designs in 3D.

I also like the fact it has multiple features already built into the package - such as CAM and analysis software. Then finally, it's great value, there's no crippling seat fees and annual subscriptions into the thousands, All in all it's great for small and large businesses a like, and also great for hobbyists and students to learn on.

What do you dislike?

Suitability to HD oversize screens - every update (this may have been fixed now, I'm not sure) the interface errors out when you initially run Fusion 360 on it, and makes it unusable. There is a fix for this, but it's quite laborious, and tedious as it has to be "fixed" after every update.

Lastly, the CTRL to orbit is so annoying and unnatural. This is a must change in your preferences so that you can orbit a model around properly with just the mouse.

I am able to render designs for use in demonstrations for clients. The render tool is really easy to use and looks great.

I am also able to keep all my files in an ISO-style directory, all stored in the cloud, rather than being worried about storing clients details on a HDD or server.

Nirmal M.

"Best CAD software so far!"

What do you like best?

Fusion 360 provides analysis, modelling, sculpting, rendering features under one roof.

3D Yug being a product design firm keeps exploring Fusion 360 features for it's rendering, cloud based file sharing purpose. This helps clients see the designs on the go from any platform.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing in Fusion you can dislike.

Being an active Fusion user, I think Fusion team provides feedback of your dislikes/issues through improved software updates everytime. Also, Fusion social media handles are greatly helpful for all from beginners to pro level users in all matters.

3D Yug is focussed on product design and manufacturing in India. Clients keep providing feedback on problems faced by Indian consumers, which help us develop a product made for India, in India!

Being in a competitive market, Fusion helps to give best of products through revisions, analysis and quality renders in no time under one roof.

Pablo Eduardo S.

"This is the best CAD program i ever use"

What do you like best?

I love it, because its really easy to use, it works gream with my way of thinking. I mean, for 3d designs, first of all i draw in 3 dimensions, then you can extrude, make holes, etc. And while you already have the 3d pieces you can edit it really easy, combine them, cut them, etc.

What do you dislike?

Its a little bit hard to make assemblys, or maybe its just me. But it has been easier to leand to draw and extrude than to assembly pieces.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try this program before you try any other CAD. The curve of learning is REALLY FAST.

Im solving some Hobbyist problems, for 3d printed some parts i need for my Radio Control planes and cars. Also i draw and 3d print some parts for tools and house small fixes.

Mauro R.

"Powerful 2D/3D design tool, with some limitations"

What do you like best?

Adobe Fusion 360 is a very powerful, very complete tool for modeling and designing all sorts of objects in 2D or 3D. You can design anything from simple, flat stickers to a complex, multi-part engine with many moving parts (and see them working together) to a house. This program can be used by designers, engineers, architects, you name it. The range of applications is mind-boggling. You can even get a free license if you only want to use as a hobbyist, so even the price is right. The pro license is also pretty affordable if you use it for your business (just over $40/month if you pay yearly, at the time I'm writing this).

What do you dislike?

Can be a little complicated to use, with the user interface being a little arcane sometimes, e.g. extended tooltips describe the tool in a vague manner which doesn't provide much info to the user. Although there are a number of video tutorials available, most of them refer to older versions. There were a number of big changes in the software fairly recent and a lot of the tutorials, even in their own website, are outdated, using commands or tools that are no longer available or have changed since the video was made. Most of the tutorials/help articles are in video format, which can make it hard to follow along while trying to reproduce what they're teaching you. Also, most of the answers you find in the forums refer to older versions too.

I've encountered some stability issues, with the program sometimes freezing or crashing, so make sure you save your projects often.

I also wish their support for meshes was better. As it is, it's almost nonexistent... other than importing the meshes and displaying them on the screen, you can't really do much if you only have a STL or OBJ file that you need to modify. You might have to end up redesigning the whole thing from scratch if you want to change it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I currently use Fusion 360 alongside with a couple of other applications, depending on the specifics of the project. Sometimes it's easier to model objects in simpler applications like Vectary or even Tinkercad, especially if you have to start from existing STL/OBJ files.Fusion 360 definitely has a lot of functionality and it is very powerful, but it can be overkill for simple applications if you only need to sketch something out really quickly.

Some prototyping for packaging and product ideas.

Jack S.

"Fusion 360: Great 2D/3D CAD and FEA, but with an Achilles heel."

What do you like best?

The price: Around 1/10 the cost of Solidworks (software + maintenance) for your first year, and 1/4 the cost thereafter.

Complete functionality on a Mac: Solidworks isn't likely to go there soon, but you can have it today with Fusion 360.

Cloud-based system: Every time you open Fusion 360, you are automatically logged onto the cloud and have access to all the latest updates. Your files are there too, no matter what computer you were working on yesterday, or what continent you were working from.

What do you dislike?

Autodesk has been silent about if, how, and when they intend to get their cloud-based services like Fusion Lifecycle PLM and their Fusion 360 CAD to comply with U.S. export control regulations such as EAR (Department of Commerce) and ITAR (Department of State). My company has customers who will not allow us to work from the Autodesk cloud for this reason, which essentially negates much of the value of using Fusion 360 in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The lack of export controls certification with the Autodesk cloud may or may not be an impediment to some companies enjoying the significant capability and excellent pricing of Fusion 360. Consider this carefully before committing to purchasing and learning this product.

For private consulting, Fusion 360 offers an economical way to access a powerful 2D and 3D CAD application without worrying about whether you'll earn enough just to break even on the annual cost of your CAD maintenance. The start-up costs are an order of magnitude cheaper than Solidworks or other so-called mainstream CAD software programs.

JAMES W.

"Software for all applications"

What do you like best?

I like the community support in this software and the continued attention to detail Autodesk give to this package

What do you dislike?

I dislike the limited literature available from trusted sources, i have purchased 2 books so far as i believe this is a great addition to my skills.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used many other packages and i believe this is on its way to becoming the industry standard.

I am a hobbyist so it gives me a great platform to develop and create prototypes for cnc mill and 3d printing. Its exactly what you need if product development is your focus. I would really like to learn more about simulation as it is something i have never rally focused on and this tool gives me the chance to do that.

Varun B.

"Good procedural software, missing a few features."

What do you like best?

I love the procedural modeling workflows used in Fusion, as you're able to save a lot of time if you have to go back edit a small piece of a part. I also like the ability to parametrically design the parts, which allows for easy clearance inputs for different manufacturing processes without having to go and edit the clearance of each part one by one.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the lack of features coming from other CAD software as well as media production software like Autodesk Maya. Certain simple tasks, like selecting a loop of edges aren't implemented, which means when you want to do something as simple as filleting/chamfering an edge, you'll have to click on each edge part of the loop. Also, the error messages are extremely cryptic, having more information there would be useful. The online discussion pages for the issues people have had also seems lacking, and I think could be vastly improved by having more tutorials on platforms like YouTube.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this for highly technical projects with stiff requirements.

This software is great when you want to iterate on a part only making small tweaks until your parts fit or perform just right. In addition, many content creators, specifically those providing 3d printing related content are users of the software. This has made it quite easy to learn how to start rapid prototyping designs that would otherwise require entire redesigns each and every time a part would have to be modified.

Chris J.

"My favorite CAD platform!"

What do you like best?

I really like how clean the program is. I've used several CAD programs in the past and I have found that Fusion 360 provides more features in a very organized and attractive manner. I also love the versatility of being able to model and stress test all in the same platform. Perfection!

What do you dislike?

I occasionally run into little hiccups where things just don't work as expected. Typically I don't have issues, but when I do they can be very time consuming and frustrating to work through.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great platform. If you are considering getting it, look into a free trial. They let you test the program for about a month so you can really dig in and find out if you want to use it long term.

I mostly design and build camera parts and motorcycle parts for several companies.

David F.

"Transformed My Workflow"

What do you like best?

Fusion 360 is amazingly well integrated. It includes a modeling and a sculpting workflow. I've also used the finite element analysis to test structural loads and optimize materials. I've used it to collaborate with others on drawings. And I've used its integration with EAGLE to produce mechanical drawings of my populated PCBs automatically so that I could design enclosures and mounts.

What do you dislike?

Fusion can be buggy. But it's getting better. I've asked for and gotten specific bug fixes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the free trial to see if it works for you. Use the support videos to learn how to use it. Pay particular attention to the measurement and analysis options.

I've in-housed my hardware design and I've used its integration with on-line machine shops and McMaster-Carr to streamline my manufacturing and ordering.

Adrian Esteban V.

"The best design program but with a problem."

What do you like best?

What I like about Fusion 360 is that it has a very intuitive interface, it's very easy to use and it does not require a lot of prior knowledge, the Sketch function is the best I've used in all the design software

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about Fusion 360 is that it always has to be connected to the internet, there are situations in which there is no internet or it does not work properly and one can not access the software

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend you make sure you have a stable internet connection.

Thanks to the Sketch function (which is very intuitive) I managed to design quickly and easily, without needing to make tutorials

Lucy R.

"Excellent CAD and CAM package"

What do you like best?

The flexibility to jump between CAD and Cam facilities. As I mainly use our models to produced CNC machine files the ability to jump between the two saves a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

Some the build features could be improved, solidworks I think does a better job at creating accurate models quickly. I think fusion could improve the accuracy element, sometimes feels a little childish/google sketch up with the way components are produced compared to Solidworks

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a machining program to create GCode fusion is very easy to use, has excellent customer service and help sections if you get stuck. It also is very flexible allowing you to create toolpaths you wouldn't be able to in other programmes.

Creating g code in order to machine parts, without Fusion 360 we would be unable to do this

rene h.

"A novice user experience"

What do you like best?

As a electronics engineer , occasional using SW for simple designs , I sniffed a Fusion and made the switch.

It fordable, even for occasional users, its fast, the help system works great.

Simulation is made easy, 3D printing well supported and the CAM modules looks real nice.

What do you dislike?

Making relations between objects is quit different from SW, I did not get a "hang" of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start using Fusion on a pilot project and request demo's of the work done. I think it will show how well it works.

Because its so fordable, I can take consulting jobs and use Fusion to realize the mechanical aspects of the jobs. My customers are very impressed when showing stress simulations.

Alejandro Daniel C.

"Fusion 360, the circle of the CAD"

What do you like best?

* It's the perfect environment to create 3D models. It's very friendly with all the tools that you have to make powerful renders.

* The features to make inserts, hinges, gears, extrudes, etc. are very simple to use and have a perfect match between them.

* You have all the tools and a lot of shortcuts juts with a few touches of your mouse or keyboard.

* The transition of the different camera angles and the views of Fusion 360 are very smooth, even if your computer is not the best.

* Even the representation of complex parts is very fast, having the best machine or not having it.

What do you dislike?

* At the moment you have to import your old STL files that you had created with other CAD software, Fusion 360 imports the piece with many triangles and makes it very difficult to work on it. Sometimes, it's easier to start over with this directly in Fusion 360 and forget about the old.

* All the files that you create are save in the Cloud, and you have to "download" every time that you want to use it. It's a very good idea when you have an internet connection, but when you do not have it, like in a plane flight for example, you can not work on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You don't have to be afraid to switch to Fusion 360 from other CAD software. It's very simple to lear to use and very intuitive tools.

In my organization, Fusion 360 is used to design our 3D prototypes for make 3D printings and test the products before the final version. I am working in the electronic development department, but we collaborate a lot with the design department because all the electronics have to fit in the prototype perfectly. We make the stuff at the same time all together.

Mark T.

"Easy, complete very professional... and free!"

What do you like best?

The business model is unique: Free for startups and hobbyists... no time limit. After that it's reasonably priced.

CAD/CAM is beautifully integrated in one package.

Don't need to worry about upgrades and backup solutions. It's cloud based and everything just works.

What do you dislike?

3D rendering is not great. If we really needed this functionality we would have to look elsewhere or perhaps a plugin/integration partner.

Until recently the functionality of the drawing module (output of 2d drawing for printing purpose or dxf) was very basic and inadequate. This has been addressed in recent updates and is now quite good and very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try. It beats everything else we have compared it to.

We are a startup and this type of functionality would be completely impossible for us to obtain with the traditional expensive solutions.

Going from CAD to CAM is an absolute breeze. Keeping track of versions works well and takes the manual error prone old school methods out of the equation.

Tony A.

"Huge level for us"

What do you like best?

I started out using a student version of Inventor for doing CAD. When I was no longer a student, there was no way I could afford a copy of Inventor for my own personal use. Fusion 360 came out around then and I started using it. It was a little rough in the early days, but it's grown into an absolutely wonderful product. Being able to to have an idea, draw it up in an hour or two in Fusion 360, and tossing it over to the 3D printer... it's amazing to be able to go from idea-to-usable-part in the span of a few hours. It's dramatically reduced my prototype iteration time!

What do you dislike?

The software operates on a relatively brisk release cycle. Occasionally a version gets shipped with a bug, and then that bug disappears a week or two later.

Rapid prototyping! The flow from design to STL to having a printed model is super super easy.

Tommy R.

"Fusion 360 only one issue that is trying to keep up with all new fetchers."

What do you like best?

-Cloud based software.

-One software does it all.

-Always being updated.

- Issues seem to be addressed quickly.

-Strong Forum backing

What do you dislike?

-No radius in the rapid links Like Powermill has.

-As far as I can figure out Fusion doesn't have the ability to be driven by macros to automate programming like Powermill

-There is no boundary automation as in Powermill

If these three things were addressed I know of another company that would switch over to Fusion 360.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fusion 360 the best all around software. Solidworks and Mastercam might want to start taking notes.

-Designing and Cam all in one software

-Remote access to my files when I'm at a customers place.

-Model updates also updates Cam

Will G.

"Excellent Value, With A Few Drawbacks"

What do you like best?

I like that Fusion 360 runs smoothly on Windows and in a Mac environment too. The cloud-based syncing is really great for sharing, collaborating or keeping your data easily accessible. The interface is well-designed with a very user-friendly learning curve. Fusion 360 is packed with features and is constantly improving. The pricing is great and the rate of development is amazing.

What do you dislike?

While there's lots to love, a few stand-out issues really drive me nuts. The tools seem to lack depth. When I want to start really controlling small details of my design, that's when it gets frustrating. Whether it's control over how fillets behave, surfaces blend or features extrude, there simply aren't enough options to satisfy an ex-Solidworks user. Yes, I'm fully on-board with Fusion 360, but sometimes I actually have to compromise on my designs because there is a lack of feature depth. Of course, there may be a way to accomplish what I've failed to achieve, but if that's the case, it's far from intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate. It's a great tool. However, if advanced surfacing is your priority or you have an unlimited budget, look elsewhere.

I use Fusion 360 to make models for rendering and animation. It's a program I can reliably open quickly, make a model and get to the rendering. I like that it's quick and affordable. Without Fusion 360, I'd have to rely on another 3D application for rendering, which is fine, but over the past couple of years, I've gotten very used to using Fusion 360.

Learn more about Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Videos

Learning about Fusion 360?

* We monitor all Fusion 360 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.