Ultimaker Cura

4.8

Ultimaker Cura prepares your model for 3D printing. Optimized, expert-tested profiles for 3D printers and materials mean you can start printing reliably in no time. And with industry-standard software integration, you can streamline your workflow for maximum efficiency.

Work for Ultimaker Cura?

Learning about Ultimaker Cura?

Ultimaker Cura Reviews

Showing 13 Ultimaker Cura reviews
THOMAS J. B.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Ultimaker Cura
Jamie M.

"Super simple use with great tools"

What do you like best?

Cura has a super quick learning curve and it is very easy to get started with this program, even if you have not used a 3D slicer before. The ability to add custom materials and printers so easily, as well as the already extensive library, is fantastic. It may seem so simple, but being able to load file directly to an automatically-detected SD card and then being prompted to eject within the app is just wonderful.

What do you dislike?

The zoom and view tools can take a little getting used to at first. A click-and-drag pan tool would be awesome. The on-board mesh repair is a little clunky, but it's really not what this software was meant to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend spending a little time watching a few YouTube tutorials. You can pick up some great time-saving tips.

Cura is easy to set up, easy to use, and easy to train on. Being able to very quickly set up a new station, machine, or operator is invaluable in an often confusing space.

What 3D Printing solution do you use?

Timothy P.

"The best software to date for 3D printing"

What do you like best?

Cura provides users with an efficient interface and the ability to customize the code for prints, whether by default or by individual project. I love that I can control the specifications of my 3D printer. So, when I modified my printer’s bed size, I was able to quickly change Cura’s settings to reflect the change.

What do you dislike?

The only major fault I experience with Cura is that it takes some time to import models.

I use Cura to create my own art or prototypes. I have also used it to test products that I eventually was able to sell. Having Cura available was good because it was a good standard program that would likely produce similar results to other programs of the type.

Steven K.

"The go-to slicer"

What do you like best?

Cura has a super clean, minimalist layout while also allowing you to add in any extras or parameters you might need. It's fast, simple, and straight to the point.

What do you dislike?

There's really not much to dislike about this program. If I had to nit pick I would say it desperately needs "at layer" adjustments built in. As in, if I want to adjust the print temperature or layer height at a certain layer.

Custom merchandise is expensive. Why not just print your own? It's also helpful for mockups and seeing how a marketing tool / merchandise would look before spending all the money to get it produced.

Enoc G.

"A new user still learning "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use this software. After a couple of YouTube videos of how to use it, I figured out everything I needed to continue with my 3D printing journey!

What do you dislike?

It’s the first slicing software that I have ever used so I don’t really have any complaints. I feel as though I don’t even know what I don’t know!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you’re completely brand new to 3D printing I recommend learning this software!

It has allowed me to print files and modify them to the specific modifications that I require.

Mark M.

"Great way to jump down the rabbit hole."

What do you like best?

A simple intuitive interface on the surface, and a nitty-gritty interface where you can teak settings and other small details to your heart's content.

What do you dislike?

It may not offer every feature of every slicer program to have existed but it hits about 90% of them and does it really well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start out with the recommend profile for your specific printer. Then you can look up the "magic numbers" that people have been tweaking around with and see if that gets you to a better print.

Like I said before, it can provide great control with prints and adjusting settings on the fly so you can consistently print out great prototypes.

Alex S.

"Simple and easy to use slicer"

What do you like best?

It can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. It lets you adjust just about anything you could want to, but also has solid defaults that you don't have to change. It also lets you view the print in layers which can be really useful for identifying potential problem areas.

What do you dislike?

The 3D viewer is very limited as to which angles you can view the project from. The estimated time of the prints is way off.

Cura allows us to slice our 3D models into G Code allowing us to 3D print them.

Kyle S.

"Best 3D Printing Software"

What do you like best?

The thing that I like the best about Ultimaker Cura is the simplification of the Print Setup, but with the ability to quickly expand options to a very granular level with a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

As someone mentioned before, the interface for viewing options are a little clunky until you get used to them.

With Ultimaker Cura, i was able to take a more obscure model 3D printer that was given up on due to not being able to control some of the more granular settings that are not available with other software solutions.

UE
User in Education Management

"3D Printing Software has come a long way!"

What do you like best?

Cura is the best 3d printing software suite I have used in the past 7 years that I have been 3d printing!

What do you dislike?

Overall it is a great piece of software for beginner and intermediate 3d printers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great product if you own an Ultimaker 3D Printer!

We use Ultimaker Cura in an educational environment to facilitate our 3d printing needs.

It is simple enough that students can plan their prints, yet advanced enough for higher level projects as well.

UA
User in Architecture & Planning

"Ultimaker in Architecture"

What do you like best?

I appreciate all the tools Cura provides for adjusting print settings. They're easy to understand and simple to use.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike about Cura's software. One thing that would be nice is if it were able to analyize more errors in the design and tell you about it before you hit print.

We use Cura in my architecture firm to print building and site models. It's really easy to learn and helps new users.

Justice W.

"Cura"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use and beginner-friendly. Intuitive placement of part files makes printing easy.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it cannot correctly orient a part, making it unable to print.

Quick and easy prototyping of models to further improve design.

"Right way to go for your 3D printing project"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the software is very intuitive and provides the layer by layer display so you can see the workflow for the filaments

What do you dislike?

I do not like that sometimes it is very slow to render the slicing but I think that is probably similar to other softwares

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your 3D printer can handle gcode from Cura, this is your best option

We use this software to interface with Ultimaker 3

"Great Program "

What do you like best?

Extremely wide feature set, very easy to use, intuitive ui, and very fast slicer algorithm

What do you dislike?

The octoprint interface is terrible, and the printer usb interface is terrible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simplify 3d, matter control

Used for slicing stl files into gcode which is sent to our 3d printers

Learning about Ultimaker Cura?

* We monitor all Ultimaker Cura reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.