EverTrue Reviews & Product Details

EverTrue Overview

What is EverTrue?

Software Built For Your Advancement Team. Spend less time and effort reaching more donors with EverTrue’s powerful web and mobile software

EverTrue Details

EverTrue
2010
Boston, MA
@EverTrue

EverTrue Reviews

Showing 16 EverTrue reviews
Already have EverTrue?
What do you like best?

Their Customer Service is AMAZING! They do a great job at being readily available to answer any questions or talk through any issues that may have come up. Trying to get two systems integrated is never an easy task, but with their "can-do" attitude it has made it such a great experience! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside I have ran into thus far is that there are a few features in the Evertrue platform that have not been deployed yet, that would make viewing our data a little bit better. HOWEVER, they have done a great job of making note of the changes we'd like to see and they have filed out change request forms. And in the meantime have been very helpful in finding alternatives and ways that we're able to get to the same end result. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend if you are going to be implementing Evertrue that you have a project manager overseeing the project. They will handle the day to day tasks and delegate assignments as need be. This will make sure everyone is on the same page and aware of what is going on. While the Evertrue team has great project managers you are working with, we have found it very valuable on our side to have a point person and make sure that everything is flowing the way it should be and the hiccups are addressed as they come up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Evertrue is helping us realize what our donors look like and how we can have personalized outreaches to them that would be meaningful to our donors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

Ease of entering interactions; sortability of constituents by giving history and residential locations; and evidence of affinity through social media interactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That it's not fully integrated with our campus CRM for all interactions. We can't enter gift ask details through Evertrue; we can only do it through our CRM. Also, currently, organization constituents are not imported into Evertrue, only alumni constituents have been imported. Thus, we have to toggle back and forth between Evertrue and our campus CRM for different constituent interactions. I would prefer to use only one system for everything. I also wish our discovery pool was in Evertrue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Evertrue as an easy platform for fundraisers to manage donor relationships. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like that, in Evertrue, our constituents are listed based on the stage they're in--solicitation, cultivation, negotiation, so it helps to visually see if someone has been in a stage for a while and we need to help move them to the next stage.

I can also focus interactions on a particular region, so when travel resumes, I can focus my travel efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

One of the perks of Evertrue that I find most helpful is that our gift officers can download the EverTrue app to their phones (or tablets) and look up alums as needed when they are traveling or attending events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We need to update our data into EverTrue, which would be great if we used EverTrue as it is intended. However, we reply mainly on our own database (Raiser's Edge) for data rather than a vendor's platform. For us it would be more useful to be able to validate the EverTrue data and then import the validated data into our database. Doing the updated into EverTrue is a time consuming process for a small shop (we are an advancement office of 13 total - with 1 person who does all the advancement services, prospect research and data management). We do not have time to upload our data into Evertrue on a weekly basis (as they recommend). At best, we can do it one a quarter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

EverTrue might be best for a larger shop that has a team of prospect researchers who can validate the data and incorporate it back into their own CRM database. For a small shop, like the one I work in, it is mainly a helpful tool for gift officers to look up people on occasion. As a small shop we are not able to fully incorporate the platform and we are not able to fully utilize all the capabilities of the platform, simply because we do not have the staffing to do so. For our small shop, the process of preparing our data to upload into the EverTrue platform is quite time consuming and given all the other priority projects that we have, updating EverTrue is not something we can devote a lot of time to - thus we are only updating it once a quarter (rather than EverTrue's recommended frequency of once a week). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EverTrue helps us to find current (self reported via LinkedIn) employment data on our alums. We do not always have the most up to date employment data in our database, so being able to look it up via EverTrue is helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Director of Development - Athletics
What do you like best?

The simplicity of the end user experience is amazing. The platform is very intuitive and gives great options for sorting and filtering constituents. Now with the updates that allow the merging of social media data, gives us the ability to better meet our donors where they are at. Another thing that is important to me that EverTrue provides is the merging of my Google Calendar and "My Trips" portion of the program. This streamlines the process while on the road going from visit to visit. The fact that they do not rest on their product and continue to develop and make it better every day speaks volumes. Brent Grinna and his team will stop at nothing to make sure that your institution/business is getting everything it needs out their product. That's pretty uncommon in todays world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have used EverTrue for 5 years and have been constantly building and changing with them. Any problem that occurred they were accessible and easy to reach to make the fix. Currently we have requested for several new options to make the platform better. A calendar available to show you who you have and have not spoken with recently. Allowing you to schedule tasks with in the applications and set reminders to accomplish those task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a great Alumni CRM, you found it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We realized that a lot of our donor information was not theirs it was their parents. With the LinkedIn feature it allowed us to update career information for our alumni. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Leadership Gifts Officer
Higher Education
What do you like best?

EverTrue pulls in LinkedIn information when they can link an alumni record to a LinkedIn account. The ability to have accurate, current employment information is invaluable. EverTrue's platform is also incredibly easy to navigate, the filters are broad and easy to maneuver, and you can use specific queries to identify prospects based on location, industry, title, or other fields. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside I see to EverTrue is the inability to export LinkedIn information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Work with the EverTrue team, they are incredibly helpful and accommodating to your needs. They will work with you to identify the features you need and provide you support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EverTrue has helped me to identify prospects at companies or in locations where I already had a meeting scheduled. It has also helped me to connect alumni with other alumni in specific industries/roles when asked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Director of Prospect Research
What do you like best?

EverTrue connects to your CRM and makes your data easy to search, segment, and filter. You can export in and out of EverTrue and get at your data so many different ways. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything! It's so easy to use and visually appealing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try. You won't regret it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EverTrue has saved so much time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The customer service team is really great for solving any issues. The platform is simple and easy to use, too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our platform needs to be manually updated (we don't seem to have a function that updates automatically). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool if you use it wisely and frequently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is a great tool for planning travel and constituent meetings, as well as social tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Middle Management
Automotive
What do you like best?

Its extremely easy to use, makes my job a lot more easier, pulls reports easily and quickly, the List feature is fantastic and versatile, Our gift officers love the search feature and mapping abilities. They feel much more in control and can get information as soon as possible. Evertrue give to us great functionality to quickly identify donor giving history, make online giving easy, provides access to create donor searches using a variety of search options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot think of anything that I did not like. Sincerely. Their team is also very responsive and great to any new functionalities that you might like to add, I just don't use all the feature search options on a regular basis, so sometimes have to reteach myself how to create a new search Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I love it and the best thing ever when I get to see the new update it is the best thing ever, makes great things for us Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EverTrue makes my life as a fundraiser significantly easier. I can find prospects, pull reports, and manage volunteers very easily right now Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

EverTrue has taken our research and prospect development efforts to the next level. With powerful donor insights at our fingertips, especially social engagement data, we are able to better capitalize on the giving potential of our constituents. Databases are built to store information extremely well but not make it easy to access quickly or intuitively. You have to learn another language of form acronyms to get at basic information. Using EverTrue has allowed us to transform data consumption by putting constituents in a context that is relevant. Users can see who they are, where they work, and their relationship with us alongside real-time info from third-party sources that we could simply not catalog efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes does not work with Internet Explorer. There are the small quality of life things that detract from the user experience at times. You lose your spot in a list if you select a profile. You can avoid the issue by opening each profile link in a new tab in your browser, but that does take away from the seamless nature of the platform. I have had users confused by the default terminology on the platform when it doesn't match our established norm. Solicitation codes in EverTrue are known as exclusion codes to everyone in the office. Our actual solicitation codes reference appeal coding. This was sorted out, but worth noting as it was an adjustment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gone are the days of submitting forms or writing emails with context to make sure we are talking about the same person. We take all communication that doesn't need to be preserved to EverTrue's comment functionality. It works like social media but without the awkward relatives filling up your feed. Tag a coworker on a profile and exchange ideas on how to engage that constituent. Share a link to a timely news article so they have it for their donor visit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to stay in contact much readily with clients and customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
What do you like best?

Ability to easily see and sort the most active alumni in our database. Evertrue ranks alumni with an A-F grade. It takes into account things like social media activity, amount donated, if they are a volunteer, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that this is secondary to our main database, however, it is integrated. We primarily use Raisers Edge. Evertrue is much more user friendly and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

WIth EverTrue I am able to see on a map where our most active pockets of alumni are. I also can see who is more or less engaged based on the A-F scale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Alumni Engagement Coordinator
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I really like the social media component and the way it can link up to any data for your constituents. It's very intuitive and I can manipulate a search anyway I like based on the information I have. I also enjoy the map aspect of the segments as well. It gives me a better idea on how to plan an event in a regional area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could link beyond LinkedIn and Facebook. I would enjoy tracking data on Instagram as well. I also wish that when you make an export (create an excel file), If you don't use some part of the information you want to export, you're not left with large files to download with a lot of blank space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a supplemental software at least in my capacity in my role. Again, you can pull a lot of data from the software and it comes faster than other software when doing analytic research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Where alumni are located, as well as employment information. Any employment data from our constituents is self-reported, so to match with the LinkedIn profile is helpful to know how they got employed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prospect Development Analyst
What do you like best?

We have used Evertrue for 18 months and I have come to rely on the depth of data that I have available on the platform. I can see staff assignment, career information, and what a constituent likes on our Facebook pages and all I have to do is scoll down. When staff members need contact information or further research, they can tag me in a note and move on to more pressing matters. Our office workflow has change due to the rich feature set available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lack of continuity across platforms is the piece of feedback I receive the most. Not all features available on the iPhone are on the iPad. The Android app in not complete but has many of the critical components in place. Query results are displayed in a way that makes large data sets difficult to review at one time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Evertrue has been valuable in many ways. We have been able to update career information and find "lost" alumni and sucessfully reengage them. The information that Evertrue integrates makes the investment of time and resources worth while. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Streamlining trip planning for development officers, improved prospect management processes, and team communication are all benefits we have realized since implementing Evertrue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prospect Researcher
Defense & Space
What do you like best?

The integration of our database with various social media platforms is great. Really like how statistics are shown when looking at various Facebook posts - engaged constituents, lifetime giving, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

LinkedIn job titles do not export when trying to export to excel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think this is a great complement to other databases, but would not be the prime research tool that an organization ought to rely on. I think that's fair to say in this field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great if looking to measure engagement scores when evaluating prospects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Evertrue gives you the ability to cross-reference constituents LinkedIn and social media accounts with their user information within your own CRM. It can be helpful particularly when you are wanting to find out more personal information on someone. It also gives the ability to see how their engagement is on your social media pages- so if someone is LIKING a lot of things, that leads you to believe they have a high affinity to your product/cause. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be fabulous if Evertrue could match unknown social media accounts with your constituents. Also, if you click on someone's profile within the Evertrue platform, and do not place your personal LinkedIn account in private, they can see that you were snooping around, which I think is kind of creepy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Evertrue can be a fun tool to stay connected with your constituents. It's not the most ideal tool, but what is? I'm uncertain as to what the true costs are, as I do not manage that aspect of the account. But essentially, it's a pretty helpful tool. The good thing is that to me, it's very simple to use, so you can actually USE the product and not let it sit on the shelf collecting dust. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use the geographic locator tool, which is helpful when I am traveling! When I combine that with social media engagement, it allows me to see that I'll be reaching out to the people that have a lot of admiration for our cause. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

My favorite feature is the the breakdown of the map with so many options to drill down the search components. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it automatically links to social media profiles. They seem to be wrong most of the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Play around with the features and get comfortable with the software. It's an incredible asset. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving when we have a bad address in our system. Benefits are enormous to know where a prospect actually is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Evertrue has been an excellent tool to re-engage previously lost prospects and to refresh their personal information on Blackbaud, which we use as a companion to Evertrue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The search function, as it feeds from LinkedIn, is tricky because of the drop-down format. If I want to find someone based in a certain city, I have to comb through a huge check-box list of options, rather than just being able to type in "Cincinnati". Takes up way more time than I would want or need it to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Evertrue has worked well for us and it certainly makes it far easier to data-mine prospects. I would recommend Evertrue to any colleague in the fundraising world. Particularly the map function is useful when trying to pin down folks in a certain area and with combining the engagement scores, it makes it easy to plan a fundraising trip and reaching out to the prospects who seem to have the highest affinity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Evertrue to find further information on prospects (fundraising) and to find their potential interests (facebook likes turning into philanthropic priorities). It's been extremely helpful and sometimes cut down on conversation to move a gift conversation along faster when I've been able to use the engagement score to my advantage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for EverTrue?