Edit+ Reviews & Product Details

Edit+ Overview

What is Edit+?

Edit+ is a text editor, HTML editor, PHP editor, Java editor, and Hex veiwer for windows that can serve as a notepad replacement with features for web page authors and programmers.

Edit+ Details
Discussions
Edit+ Community

Edit Plus Limited
Lothian, United Kingdom
@EditPlusTweets
640 Twitter followers

Edit+ Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Edit+ community
Have you used Edit+ before?

Edit+ Reviews

Showing 48 Edit+ reviews
Already have Edit+?
Software Programmer
What do you like best?

We have open any type of files on it like html, text, c#, java script, json all files in a different different format,

It is also open the multiple tabs in same file and working on those files in same time, after edit all the files we have save all files and one by one files. it is provide great features to the devlopers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

sorry i am not dislike any thing on this tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i am recommended it to all my team members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

it is solve my problem i am open multiple files in one window and working on all the tabs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Frontend Developer
What do you like best?

EditPlus is a highly beginner friendly code editor. What I like the most is that it allows me to run Git commands like Commit or Update. I also like the fact that it gives me the ability to connect to my web server using FTP. Another feature that I like is that it allows me to view the code in the browser. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that the software only allows me to change the background colors of the development environment. There are no options available to change the theme colors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

EditPlus is an excellent text editor. I find it has a beginner friendly user interface and very good features for coding in languages like HTML or PHP. I highly recommend it for its Git features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EditPlus allows me to easily encode the pages of our company website. The best thing is that it also allows me to run Git commands to easily update the code in our repositories, and that we can have version control. Also, it also has very good keyboard shortcuts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

EditPlus is a text editor for Windows with built-in FTP, FTPS and sftp capabilities. While it can serve as a good Notepad replacement, it also offers many powerful features for Web page authors and programmers.

Syntax highlighting for HTML, Java, C/C++, CSS, JavaScript, VBScript. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No such dislikes except the editor opens slowly in some scenarios. Not sure on the slowness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In most of the times, I used it for debugging my HTML/Java code taken from my application. I do searching of a text from the code using this editor easily and update it accordingly. Also, I used this tool to count the number of char, lines, words etc. The good part of this tool is like I can write simple HTML & JS (HTML Page option) coding directly in the editor and check the functionality of that code by pressing Ctrl+B from the editor itself. This helps us and saves time a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Degree in software engineering
What do you like best?

What I like most about the program is that it supports several languages ​​and is capable of opening several files at once, highlighting its syntax and offering contextual help when writing or displaying the source code of the applications. In addition, it helps you to locate and correct errors and makes it possible for you to customize almost anything you want. Another of the program's strengths is that it is extensible, since it has several plugins available to install. This multiplies the options, such as themes with which you can customize the appearance of the editor, code lint (an assistant to locate possible errors in the code very quickly), color definition tools ... and all kinds of useful features when working with editors of code in the development or design of a web. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The customization options through plugins are not as extensive as other softwares in its sector. Even so, its fluidity and tools make it one of the best options in the market. The license is a bit expensive, but I think it is worth it due to its characteristics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program is recommended to all companies related to software development. A code editor plays an important role in software development, and for now Edit + is the one that has given us the best results. In addition, it has the tools that other softwares of its competition do not have. That is why it is one of the best options in the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is a fundamental tool in our company, as we are dedicated to software development. A code editor is indispensable for any programmer and Edit + allows us to work perfectly. We use it both for private projects of our company and for our clients' projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director
What do you like best?

*It has very good editing tools, very easy to use, quite simple to install.

*Color the syntax in the vast majority of programming languages, so it is very useful for errors.

*On the official website you can get the modules for highlighting most languages.

*The license price is quite economical Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I like the editor, except that it can only be used with windows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is advisable to use it because it is easy to operate and install, and the company's technical support gives immediate solutions to any problem that may arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

You can get many benefits, since the syntax and identification of errors in the programming languages are very good so it allows you to work faster and more orderly.

Without a doubt, he is one of the best editors.

When you have a problem, the company's support team responds to you immediately and helps you solve it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Arquitecto de software
What do you like best?

Edit+ is a light weight solution, easy to use and customize. It has a large repository of packages with good features. It has multi cursor editing and language support. It stands out for a large community of users and super fast performance. I also like the hot keys. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some disadvantages with the latest version because there are discrepancies with some add-ons available from previous versions that can not be installed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This editor is a great support for my projects. It allows you to edit, execute, debug and also allows to upload projects via FTP, FTPS and sftp. The interface is friendly. I recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Edit+ is fascinating for small projects, when I do not have brackets installed. I also take advantage of its FTP capabilities to directly upload projects on the company server, saving time and improving my productivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MSc in cybersecurity in software engineering
What do you like best?

This program contains all the tools that a developer should use. In our company, this software plays a big role in our projects. Syntax highlighting and keystroke are the most optimized tools of all offered by the program. The user interface is very intuitive (something common in similar softwares, though I believe this is one of the most ones)Additionally, the license is not very expensive, so it is perfect for small business.

Overall, it is the most recommended program in value for money, with lots of tools to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not a very used porgram. The lack of a big community almost made us implement Notepad+. Nowadays we are glad that we opted for Edit+. Everytime we had a problem, the support team of the company helped us pleasantly.

Another disadvantageis that it takes a long time to open some files, but I think it is caused by our devices hardware.

Finally, I need to say that you cannot use it on Linux or Mac, something that does not really matter to us, as we are using windows devices since the company started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program is aimed at small or medium companies. People should do not be afraid of the lack of a large community. Day by day there are more people using Edit+. The program has a lot of advantages so I recommend them to give a try! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As I said before, we use the program in almost every project. Our company is focused in software development and this program offer a wide quantity of tools we need to use very often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Independent Business Owner - Technology, Photography, Management, Consulting
What do you like best?

Cool product which I purchased years ago and get free updates. I can use it for text only when I don't need fancy margins, bold characters, and all that other stuff which Word and WordPerfect can do. I also like the fact that if I am copying a reference, I can add it to Edit+ Pro as plain code without all the underlying nuances which you normally don't see. In other words, I cleanse the text I will be using or referencing within a new website without all the characteristics of the font/color/sizing being carried along.

I can also write raw code for a website within the Edit+ Pro product which allows me to get it right, especially for testing purposes. There is so much this product can do to help you make your life easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing because the publisher of the editor makes periodic changes and lets me know when to upgrade for free. The service is wonderful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cleanses text from any document including websites and word processors. Plus, it provides for a clean interface of the text to let you do whatever you want with it. The benefits are that it eliminates code bloat from MSWord and other products that would cause errors in a different product whether it be a word processor or an editor for website creation. Many users who want to do websites, for example, don't know about all the hidden commands which tag along with a copy/paste function and then make life miserable because they don't understand why something which looks good one place looks different on where they copied the text. Edit+ eliminates those headaches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
Package/Freight Delivery
What do you like best?

I like this program because it contains all the tools that a developer should use. Key syntax highlighting are the most optimized tools of all that the program offers, although I think this is one of the most comprehensive for development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

maybe your font style is not very good taste maybe in the future you can improve that Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend the translation of other languages ​​as well as the compatibility of the Linux operating system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps to know if you have made a mistake, it creates the syntax of most languages ​​with what I program. It incorporates FTP. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology Analyst
Internet
What do you like best?

The best thing is: The program let my use a variety of features in the free version, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the interface was a little more worked out in terms of design, something cooler. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is really worth using this program, even the free version gives you many benefits, i really love that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is perfect for annotation and detailed verification of short programming codes, which do not need much work to achieve them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Federico
What do you like best?

Tiene unas potentes herramientas de edicion, es muy facil de manejar e instlarlo. Tienes una prueba de 30 mes, luego podras adquirir una licencia por 30-35 dolares.

Te ayuda a saber si has cometido algun error, colorea la sintaxis de la mayoria de los lenguajes con lo que programo. Incorpora FTP, git...

En la web oficial podras obtener los modulos para el resaltado de casi cualquier lenguaje.

Si tienes dudas de como usarlo hay diversos foros donde te pueden ayudar ya que mucha gente utiliza el editor.

La autocompletado es muy bueno tambien.

Con una buena conexion tardas menos de un minuto en instalarlo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lo que me desagrada de este editor es que solo esta para windows y en ingles. Luego tambien no puede con archivos grandes ni puedes añadirles plugins, el cual deberian de implementar ya que entonces si seria un editor de 10. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recomendaria la traduccion a otros idiomas y la compatibilidad con otros sistemas operativos por lo demas nada que decir, tiepe ftp,git... Lo uso sobre todo para Javascript pero tambien lo he usado para PHP y el resaltado de la sintaxis es de los mejores que he visto en un editor de texto Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Los beneficios son varios, trabajo mucho con Javascript y el resaltado de sintaxis es muy bueno. Prove otros editores y me hacia un lio, me recomendaron este hace casi 2 años y aun sigo. Lo unico que le falla es que no este en otros idiomas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

I can simply see unmanged xml file in edit+, it's not possible in other text editor Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It leaves a backup file whenever i edit a file in edit+ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This program is pretty lightweight and it works with large files very quicly. Even more quicker than some editors such as Notepad++. It has an Internet browser to check live HTML documents, it can split a record in different perspectives and it integrates GitHub. There are lots of tools that allow me editing more easily and fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to use it on my linux computer. Unfortunately, this program is not compatible with Linux or Mac at the moment and it does not support plugins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it to people wich are using a cheap device. EditPlus does not require many resources from the CPU. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I mainly use it to work with some HTML files for some private projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Una versión de evaluación gratuita está disponible durante 30 días. Una licencia de una persona cuesta $ 35 razonables e incluye una actualización mayor (versión) gratuita y actualizaciones menores ilimitadas. Es extremadamente liviano, con un peso de alrededor de 2 megabytes para su descarga. Es una excelente alternativa económica a Microsoft Frontpage o Adobe Dreamweaver para el desarrollo de HTML Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Solo compatible con el sistema operativo Windows, versiones 7 y superiores. Sin soporte para Mac o Linux. Yo peronalmente no uso Linux o mac pero algunos de mis compañeros de trabajo sí y no han podido utilizarlo debido a ello. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Si te estás planteando utilizarlo te lo recomiendo porque es muy fácil de usar y te va a servir de gran ayuda. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pequeñas ediciones. Incluso he conseguido codificar un sitio HTML completo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This product gives a perfect and valuable realistic UI to help in code improvement. It underpins all the languages ASP, C/C++, Perl, Java, JavaScript and VBScript, and it bolsters making custom sentence structure for different languages.

It includes lots of useful tools and it weights less than 10 mb! Additionally a free version is available for 30 days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't support files larger than 2 gb and it is incompatible with Linux. I hope that in the future it will be compatible with Linux. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The program isn't expensive but if you aren't convinced, you should test the free version and if you want you can buy the program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is perfect for working with HTML and CSS files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is very simple to use due to its simple user interface. It contains lots of tools, wich all of them are very useful. The program is very lightweight and its installation process is very simple. A free version is available and the paid one is cheap. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Only compatible with windows 7 versions and above. Linux or Mac aren't supported.The program doesn't allow plugins. Sometimes I feel that it takes many resources from the CPU but I suppose the reason is that my computer is old. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will love the program. I recommend using the free version at first before buying the complete program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dealing with the business online projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Technical Architect
What do you like best?

An Robust Tool for Text Editing for HTML , PDF and Text. Ease of Use and Flexibility to Modify the Content add to advantages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Feature related to fixing accessibility issues related to HTML , PDF and Text need to be support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to review the content of HTML, PDF and Text Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This software is easy to edit for any of the programming language coding. And it will show the difference in color lines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I never find any difficulties by using this software/application when compare to other application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I'll recommend this software highly to others. This is more user-friendly compare to other editing software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Editing work for XML code when we are working with java based application. Orelse for web based application it was useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It works for multiple programming languages like C , Cpp , Java , Php etc . It is really helpful in developing codes . Edit plus IDE provides the related api that helps in developing the codes very fast .

I have used it for long time and I love using it . Its a very light weight application .

UI is great and very user friendly that helps the developer in developing the codes quickly and effectively . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Though it provides many features , but it needs some improvement that it can be used for Android development and it should also provide some way to run the terminal commands like Android Studio . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would always recommend to use this great application if you are a developer . It is easy and simple to use .

If you are a learner also you should use this application . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a developer , I have used this applivation for developing C, Cpp and Java Codes .

It made my work simpler and easy . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

You can access a free assessment rendition for 30 days. An individual permit is cheap and incorporates a large free update and an unlimited number of small improvements.

The program previews hypertext markup language pages, and FTP commands for uploading native files to FTP server and conjointly integration to manage version.It includes many tools necesary for coding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It only works on windows. No Linux or Mac devices are supported.

Its a bit hard to manage the program at the beggining. The UI needs to be improved.

It doesn't support plugins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should have some knowledge about coding Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Some edits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

A free trial version is available for 30 days. A one-person license costs $30 reasonable and includes a free upgrade (version) and unlimited minor upgrades. It is extremely lightweight, weighing about 2 megabytes for Discharge. is an excellent economic alternative to Microsoft Frontpage or Adobe Dreamweaver for HTML development Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Only compatible with the Windows operating system, versions 7 and Above. No Mac or Linux support. I peronalmente not use Linux or Mac but some of my co-workers do and have not been able to use it because of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering using it I recommend it because it is very easy to use and will serve you a great help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Small Editions. I've even managed to encode a full HTML Site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr Salesforce Developer
What do you like best?

it is an best tools for sort and regression place char. there is more language support in it. even you can customize per your need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

there is not block select i guess, which i searched earlier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it is handy tool for the any text cleansing project. i have used epsilon and text edit too. over all this is much better i guess. in my opinion. So try yourself to get use of it. Thanks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

when ever i have some code to formatted and reusable code. there is more language support in it. even you can customize per your need. also you have to choose this as light weight. because i found other catogery's are little more weight i guess. So everything how you will get familiar on this tool .thanks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The editor only weighs approximately 2 mb.

The program contains essential tools for programmers, such as syntax highlighting, file type conversions, regular expressions for search-and-replace, keystroke, spell check, full support for Unicode editing, customizable keyboard shortcuts, auto-completion, code folding, and more.

There is a free version wich you can use for free for 30 days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not compatible with Linux and Mac. Fortunately I only use windows at work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this program to people using old devices because the program do not use many resources and because of its light weight Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HTML/CSS/JS files creation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Edit plus is a text editor but a good replacement for notepad with easy to use programming features especilaly for ftpying Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Edit plus is easy to use on microsoft windows operating system however unable to use it on MAC OS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

edit plus is an easy to use tool and has pluses for java script writers , VB script script as it provides additional support feature. So its a must try & it provides a free trial period Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Edit plus was used as a replacement for Notepad where in multiple notepad notes could be taken and open in the tabular manner. Benefit include its a good document reader with ability to highlight,syntax check especially for html files Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Developer
Business Supplies and Equipment
What do you like best?

Editplus is basically Windows Notepad on Steroids. It has templates you can setup for new files. For example, you can setup a basic template for html documents, so when you create a new html file, it will give you a base code to work with, which is a real time saver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really wish Editplus had brace highlighting (e.g. code, or html tags, so you can find the beginning and end. To do this in Editplus you have to click a menu command, and that result is spotty at best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While I love Editplus (I have been using it for over 15 years), I still use other editors, like Notepad++, Sublime Text, etc. as not all editors are created equal. I suggest trying EditPlus along with other editors as mentioned, and use what works best for your workflow. Editplus is not free, but it very inexpensive. Notepad++ however, is free, so you cannot go wrong with that editor either. I personally use both on a regular basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Editplus for everything from taking basic notes, to design web pages, data editing for CSV files. It is my daily editor of choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.