Sublime Text Reviews & Product Details

Sublime Text Overview

What is Sublime Text?

Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. You'll love the slick user interface, extraordinary features and amazing performance.

Sublime Text Details

Sublime Text
Sydney, Australia
@sublimehq

Sublime Text Screenshots

Sublime Text Reviews

Showing 1,346 Sublime Text reviews
Showing 1,346 reviews
Already have Sublime Text?
Software Engineer
What do you like best?

My favorite thing about it would probably be its user-friendliness, the UI is very intuitive and easy to master and its has built-in support for a wide range of languages.

The shortcuts in Sublime Text have saved me countless hours and made my experience more enjoyable, given all of the options and tools it is offering it's still able to deliver excellent speed when it's being used, even when dealing with large files.

There is an extensive amount of add-ons with a strong community which will allows you to perfectly customize it to suit your needs.

It doesn't consume a lot of resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to criticize, especially given all the available add-ons.

It would be nice to not receive the notifications to upgrade to a paid version so frequently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Sublime Text to anyone who wants a fast and reliable code editor, especially if you're gonna be working with multiple languages.

It's a great choice regardless of what you're trying to build. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm using Sublime Text to do all my code editing, I work with a wide variety of languages which makes it the best choice for me.

Beyond that, I also use it as a regular text editor to keep track o all the tasks I need to complete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Customizability! You get hundreds of plugins to add functionality to your current text editor. I have added json utilities to format, minify and compress. I have also added GIT integration plugins. Image editing features and more. All that is great, but the best thing is multiline editing. That has allowed me to save many hours that I would have spent changing code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The main problem is that it is not very user friendly. There are lots of hidden features. You also need to learn a bunch of shortcuts to make use of the really interesting features it provides. It takes time to do this and that's one of the causes of why some people probably do not stay with it. I think it's more oriented to people used to use terminals.

I also don't really like the minimap they provide, but you can hide it so it's not a big deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I do recommend people to use Sublime Text if you have a small project. It makes it really easy and fast to manage. However if you are dealing with a project with thousands of files you may pick another option that suits your needs better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are several things that I make sure of in Sublime to solve problems: Searching capabilities, Simultaneous Editing, Customizability, Diff files, GIT integration (via plugin), JSON Minification & making it pretty, default text spacing and coding conventions (Via plugins), Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Sublime Text
Junior Web Developer
What do you like best?

The most useful thing about Sublime Text is the ability to hover over things and the program will show where it was defined or where else is has been used. The search feature is great as well; it allows you to search thousands of files for a certain keyword within the files. Then, you can easily click the found files and Sublime will open it up in a new tab. Another feature I like is being able to easily search and replace, either all instances or looking through each instance to check if you want it to be replaced. Finally, the software runs very fast and doesn't take a long time to load up. Most of all, you can take advantage of this software for free! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although I really like the ability to hover over text to find where certain things are defined or used, sometimes it's unable to locate it. Additionally, it has trouble accurately hiding certain blocks of code (e.g. the entire function wasn't properly hidden), although this isn't too much of a hindrance but rather a feature that doesn't always work well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sublime Text is nothing but just a regular text editor. However, it's search features are very powerful and useful, which I believe is all you really need to work efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sublime Text not only helps me be a more efficient programmer but it also helped me understand our code structure. The use of definitions and references makes it really efficient to code properly and very easy for new employees to pick up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Our Problem Setters team is using Sublime Text at the organization. This tool is very lightweight and comes with many built-in packages support also. Some of its noteworthy features include writing on multiple lines simultaneously, pre-in-built-in snippets for various coding languages, many framework support. The code autocompletes, and recommendation makes life more comfortable thus makes it one of the best editors available in the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some essential features like comparing files, printing codes do not exist by default. The updates on packages support have also slowed in recent time and become less frequent. Without any packages installation, it is same as any text editor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In our organization, we mainly use it for code writing, reviewing and testing before they are pushed to production. It also helps in writing code snippets and test cases generator, which is quite helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a great text editor for writing simple codes in C++,Python,HTML,CSS,Javascript and nowadays, I am using it to write .md codes for github readme. It works like a charm everywhere. I am a daily 9-5 coder and so, i always needed a reliable text editor which would save my work even without pressing Ctrl+S which I forget most of the time. And guess what! This editor does the same. All our work is automatically saved if we don't close the app. Moreover, all the important keywords in each language is highlighted with a different color which helps us in easily decoding the code if we did some typo and so, this feature too helps me a lot. Apart from this, the small size of the software ensures that this works amazing even in small end old devices and so, my company uses this a lot from fresh joiners to senior staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some features are still there in the new upgrades which should have been enhanced by now. Though it works nice in most of the cases, sometimes, it may hang. Also, it should have upgraded several features by now which it hasn't like in editor compiling and integration directly with github desktop and all such most used apps. Also, it doesn't support auto correction as of now Which I am highly expected in Sublime Text 4 and future updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a daily user of this product in My tech company and So, it's quite useful for me and my company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This text and source code editor is characterized by its simplicity and by its management of multiple programming languages, as well as its complete tools for managing the edition from the basic to the advanced, it is also characterized by its management of the configurable syntax and adaptable, in addition to having a minipap and preview, it has a highlighting of parentheses and commands as well as a very wide difference of colors to highlight the orders and variables in each line of code, we can also handle a wide palette of commands depending on the language that we are handling and the purpose of each project, as well as additional options to handle plugins to do more specialized work or facilitate the processes of writing the codes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like the program to have a more extensive library of commands to handle of those that appear in the multiple options on the writing and programming of the code Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program is very useful for the development of projects where we use different types of codes and I recommend saving our projects before installing plugins to be more aware and not lose our progress Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can solve many projects with this program since it allows us to move over a wide range of languages and types of code, in addition to the fact that with the management of plugins it allows us to do more specialized and easy to do things but that require certain methods of difficulty or adequate syntax Its simplicity also helps to do more common editing projects such as application development or website design since it has previews for the realization of these codes and that with the detection of errors it helps to carry out projects more quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automation Lead
What do you like best?

This tool is really very useful, as it provides a suitable interface that works seamlessly in the source-docs of various module programs and offers various tools, including grammar colouring and autonomous word filling, as well as a theme mode that can be easily adapted to the environment when viewing the screen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When the application is used for a few days, a warning message regarding the purchase of a licence begins to appear. Although it is possible to deactivate it by clicking on the proper button, it is a bit difficult to open the sublime application each time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please use this sublime text for everyone, especially program developers as well as coders, to improve their file editing workflow. It offers a very comfortable working environment and has many features that also help us to accelerate our work. Initially it was free for personal use, although they said we needed a licence to continue using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our developers don't have to search and scroll through the code line by line, as it can combine the language we code in to deploy a line of code under the identical dash or block, as the tags end in HTML and for Java/C it uses looped start and end keys. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I was using simple text editor for my work, I am a developer so sometime I need little help with the editor in terms of code and I need organisation of opening and closing brackets as well. When I use this editor, it will automatically format my code which makes it very easy to debug the syntax error.

Also with the help of color combination of child and parent bracket, you could determine which bracket is belongs to which block. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This should also comes up with coding keyword help. For example: if you type and it will give you options like what you wanna type, this would have a great help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As I said I am developer and I need to program different softwares and this came in handy. Though there are lot of editor in the market but the way this manage the blocks, makes programmer's life more easier to dedug the code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SDE 2
What do you like best?

Sublime Text is beneficial for beginners, which makes it effortless for users who do not understand the nuances of text editors to follow. This's among the reasons I was the leading publisher in the previous program of mine. Sublime merge, a Sublime Text extension, adds important controlling functions to the editor. Because I work primarily with git, I guess there's a sublime fusion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sublime Text isn't as being sold as some other editors, including Visual Studio Code and Atom. The combination installer is not readily accessible and is concealed. And you have to understand the actual title of the plugin to install an application. You can't compare plugins inside the editor on a visual screen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With the type of personalized extension you add on it, sublime text is helpful. The much better your coding efficiency, the better you personalize it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Because it's Python installed, I choose to work on Sublime Text Python projects. But occasionally, for regular web design projects as correcting WordPress themes, I make use of the editor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

It is the one word editor that can help me to code quicker and much more efficiently. I can pick and edit multiple code lines simultaneously, with HTML, JavaScript and CSS file columns and rows. The user interface is spotless and stylish, the deep subject is lovely and cool . Unlike some other texting editors. Auto-complete is excellent, many keyboard shortcuts to ease tonnes and coding of more features inside SublimeText. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've no dislike about that app until now, but it really bugs me in case I occasionally get a licence saying "buy me" with the free edition as well as the paid version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This's a recommendable text editor as it's all the essential features to make you a web developer or perhaps coder better and economical. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SublimeText is advantageous in web development thanks to the speed, but to compile code a lot quicker and better, I believe it's far more helpful in scripting languages including Python. I'm learning Ruby and my editor is SublimeText. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Engineer
What do you like best?

To begin with, the use and beginning of a task are quick and lightweight. It's excellent in case you've to turn the same day between several projects. Next, many integrated plug-ins are able to work quickly; several of them are syntax lighter, content material formatting, and autoformatting for various programming languages. Enclose bracket, select multiples as well as edit simultaneously. Sublime Text is among the very first ways to consider the programming editor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not believe I like Sublime Text, but I would like to recommend Sublime Text Team that they hold up and continually add new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I truly think every programmist must try Sublime Text the moment and also appreciate the experience. If not, you are able also to enjoy something of your own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The code could be quickly retained and managed under a separate file by the flexible tools and features of Sublime Text. In n quantity of block code, the syntax highlight could detect typo errors. Its new features help immediate push to GitHub; managing project switches with GitHub is quite simple to maintain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Administration
What do you like best?

The best part is its editor. It has all the codes set in its database. So there is no need to keep the spelling memorized Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Literally, I don't see any negative aspects of this application except its notification to purchase a full version when using an unregistered one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Apart from other code editors, I find it very handy and small in size also it has the color feature for the codes that helps in letting us know if the code is correct or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using it as my main code editor. I edit all my HTML, PHP, and JSON codes here. and the best part is i can easily find the errors with the help of the colors that it reflects in the code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Risk Management Specialist
What do you like best?

First of all it is very convenient to use as it is super user-friendly. It highlights code which is super useful while coding. It recognize many coding languages and provides a syntax suggestions which makes coding much more easier. IT has several packs that could be installed making my coding experience even better. Last but not least it is 100% free to use so you do not need to spend additional money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I think could be improved is adding a autosaving feature. Other than that I have not noticed any other issues while using Sublime Text. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In work I am using scraping in order to get necessary data. For that purpose I need to know HTML. Using Sublime text helps me a lot in that process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Desarrollador de software
What do you like best?

- It has little memory consumption, so files load quickly.

- It has a portable version.

- It has a really wide gallery of plugins.

- It has a simple GUI.

- It is a tool where developers or students can code in a faster way, thanks to its keyboard shortcuts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Sublime is not constantly updated (The last update was a year ago)

- Some plugins are not supported if you have Sublime implemented on Mac. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Sublime for a number of reasons:

- You can use this software for free for an indefinite period.

- Sublime can be implemented on different platforms.

- It is a software widely used by developers throughout the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sublime is an editor widely used by the developer community, for the tools it offers to code in a more simplified and faster way. I use this coding platform to teach my students to code programs in web languages, as its keyboard shortcuts help them to optimize coding easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

- Faster than any other editor I have ever used

- Opens any file format and file size

- Low CPU and memory utilisation even when working with large number of files at the same time, resulting in great performance

- Allows custom configuration for almost all the features (viewing/shortcuts/cache)

- Hundreds of Plugins available and super easy to integrate with the build in Package Manager.

- Support for most of the programming languages with easy navigation between Function definitions and References Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Missing terminal, which most of the other editors have by default Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Code base editor

- Doc files Editor Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Engineer
What do you like best?

The low memory and customization skills that are great for a fast start would be the most valued point in Sublime Text. I love it is not hard to find or perhaps substitute files for an additional feature. I also love the framework of folders, so it's feasible to distinguish all docs quickly. Sublime Text is a paid-out programme but can undoubtedly be used free, and also for developers who could purchase an IDE. Sublime Text is exceptionally convenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing about Sublime Text that I do not like. It's a software program which contributes very much to the entire community of developers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The contemporary text editor is Sublime Text. For designers that want their careers accomplished quickly and fast is a fantastic choice. For each task, it's a plugin that tends to make it extremely easy to code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In programming languages like C or Python, I've used this particular text editor, since its syntax highlight can generate code recognition easy. I also can instal it and make use of it entirely totally free on many operating systems, because it may be used indefinitely despite the transaction of software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Development Engineer
What do you like best?

I enjoy this software program since it offers folks a great deal of freedom what they desire. You are able to maintain it as a text editor, allowing to modify the own code of yours, but additionally enables you to have it as much as you like with add ons and extensions that can certainly help make it work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While you are able to use Sublime right from the package, you miss a good deal of what Many and sublime of the different solutions that distinguish Sublime from some other similar text publishers. It's likely to obtain Sublime to work as if you will want, but you don't wish to get to find out the inherent factors of Sublime and you will have a great deal to do to reach the appropriate spot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

VSCode wasn't perfectly supported at that moment, so I required an editor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sublime is a great light-weight text editor which may be used as seriously as you would like by adding extensions and add-ons, so Sublime can be best drive everyday in case it wants a content editor which may be used for several hours daily. I cannot use Sublime for each codebase/project, but I definitely love to make use of Sublime when I can easily as well as do not need to be scared to delay dowry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I got the license as a gift from my girlfriend almost 10 years ago since I downloaded it and have been using it for a few months for free, but setting that aside is like WinRAR, you can evaluate that for as long as you want, the nice thing is to buy it, but you don't really need to. I have switched jobs 3 times and computers more than 5 times and I still have a valid license, so that is great.

Besides, that is just the best code editor, it has support for Python, JavaScript, PHP, and many others but that's the only 3 I really care for and doubles as a database opener. A few years ago I mistakenly opened a 5GB database in sublime instead of my usual program and it didn't crash like other text editors I have used before so it's a nice extra. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's great for code analysis, writing code, and working in general as long as you only use one OS. When I switched to MacOSX from Windows... it is really annoying that the shortcuts are different in Windows and in MacOSX, more than once have I needed to stop and think before continue and see what shortcuts I needed to write.

It's not a full IDE, when testing, debugging, and running the code using something like Visual Studio Code or Pycharm is just better suited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it and pay for the license if you use it regularly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Whenever I need to code Sublime text is my main choice Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.