Datto Backupify

Datto Backupify

4.0

Provider of backup, recovery, and data management solutions for Microsoft Office 365 and G Suite by Google Cloud.

Work for Datto Backupify?

Learning about Backupify?

Datto Backupify Reviews

Ask Backupify a Question
Showing 60 Backupify reviews
Brian L.

"Exactly what we needed."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and visibility. It was very easy to set up start to finish. From the walkthrough for adding to Google Apps to adding users and searching content, it was a breeze to set up and, once set up, easy to review content.

What do you dislike?

There seems to a lag in loading the web interface. Functionally, I have had no issues, but it takes a bit longer to log in and navigate pages that I'd prefer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to have a backup for your G Suite or Office 365 accounts. Backupify is the answer. No Schedules to manage, so infrastructure to deploy. You simply choose your accounts and they start backing up.

We had an employee leave on poor terms and purge his last two months of emails. We didn't know if he had taken proprietary information with him or had been doing anything against company policy. If we had Backupify set up before, we could have restored his missing email and made sure.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Datto Backupify
Darshan B.

"Easy and pain-free backup for your domain."

What do you like best?

I enjoyed the ease of setup the most. Configuring the domain for backup is quick and easy. No special skills are required and the team walks you through everything to make sure it's all good.

What do you dislike?

If I had to choose one thing that I disliked it would be the Dashboard UI. I think it could use some refinement in terms of speed and ease of use but eventually you can find everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As with any technical solution, make sure that it can meet your needs. Also take a look at a demo of the product to make sure you can find your way around in it.

Before Backupify we had no way to keep our cloud platform backed up. Instead, we never deleted users from our G-Suite domain and continued to fork out money to keep the data. This was not cost effective until we reached out to Backupify. Now we can save money by having a backup of the account and being able to delete the license.

What SaaS Backup solution do you use?

Robert A.

"A MUST HAVE for any IT organization"

What do you like best?

I love that Backupify reliably backs up email and cloud storage files like Google Drive and OneDrive. There have been so many times that an auditor wanted a random contract or invoice, and I was able to plumb the depths of my backups and save my finance teams hours of hunting through individual email backups.

What do you dislike?

The user interface can be a bit clunky at times, but Backupify regularly updates their product. If you dont like something, tell your friendly account manager, and wait for the next release!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Other admins or CFOs might think they can get by using data recovery from Microsoft Support for Office 365 or use Google Vault. Microsoft Support is tedious to work with to recover data, and you have a very limited window. Google Vault does not provide the same type of service and is aimed more at meeting legal requirements for holds and eDiscovery. Make sure you do your research and understand why Backupify is different and better than "out-of-box" features provided by Office365 or GSuite.

Backupify is critical for Disaster Recovery and Data Recovery. I am never worried about ransomware taking down my organization, or a hapless employee deleting critical data because I know how easy it is to recover with Backupify.

"Simple and affordable Backup of our corporate GSuite files"

What do you like best?

We use Backupify to store and keep all of our Google Suite files in a secure backup location. Stored files in Backupify are easily accessible to Management after an employee leaves. This allows the company to ensure a smooth transition or rectify issues because we have access to all necessary documents.

What do you dislike?

The Dashboard only allows you to see 10 users at a time, in alphabetical order. Then you must arrow through the list or you must type in the individual names of people you wish to view. This can be cumbersome at times when you want to see specific groups of users. It would also be nice to be able to add account licenses from the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When we first started using Backupify, we were selective of the accounts we were backing up. We thought it only necessary to keep up with supervisors, managers, and executives. Once this was deemed an effective cost-efficient way to back up all of our employee's files, we have now moved to automatic addition of new users. This has made keeping all information backed up easier without worrying about missing people.

We are keeping our corporate knowledge in a safe one-stop location. We realized that when personnel turn-over transpired, we were using an antiquated backup system that we lost much of our corporate archives from. Now, if we need something that was in a person's email or in their GSuite files, we are able to retrieve this information quickly.

Basil D.

"Great, so long as you never have to pull the data out."

What do you like best?

Auto backup based on Organizational Units

What do you dislike?

Portal is slow, like 56k slow. Slow enough to make you question if it's worth trying to export your data. Users view can not be sorted, period.

Users are supposed to be listed alphabetically, this is not working. Let me repeat, Backupify can not accurately list users alphabetically...........

They also can not consistently list them incorrectly, every time you view users it will be wrong in a new way.

You can not export all user data as one zip. If you want Mail, Drive, Calendar, Contacts, and Sites, that's going to be 5 separate files.

You can only download 5 exports at any given time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you never need to export your data. It will be much easier to keep everything until it's safe to delete.

It works OK, if you never plan on removing the backups. I'm starting to think it's a feature and not a bug.

Frank D.

"One of the easiest value added services to sell to my cloud clients."

What do you like best?

Anytime I can sell a product or service that benefits the client and makes it easier for us as an MSP to do our job, that is a win in our book. Backupify fits that to a tee. It takes us less than five minutes to setup the service and then it does the job for us.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about this product. We set it up and it just works.

We are mostly mitigating the risk of not being able to retrieve old information from deleted email accounts. Since O365 is a service, most clients don't want to pay for old accounts in perpetuity. With Backupify, we can rest easy knowing that everything is archived indefinitely.

"Great tool for peace of mind"

What do you like best?

Being able to have all company information backed up.

Being able to recover even deleted information from any account.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is kind of slow sometimes or it present errors, also when we change the employee username (when someone leaves the company) we have to wait a lot of time for this change to be reflected in backupify, it should be an option to synchronize user account whenever we need to.

Also when running a restore, many time we have objects that failed to restore, there is no option anywhere to retry the restore of the items that have failed.

We also work with multiple domains, is kind of annoying having to switch domains to find a particular user, there should be a place to have all users no matter which domain they are part.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great solution to having company information backed up.

Having company information protected all the time and being able to restore whatever we need.

Ronel B.

"The best cloud to cloud backup solution for G-Suite"

What do you like best?

The most helpful thing about Datto Backupify is the ease of installation and configuration. Cost effective, reliable service and great technical support staff. All in one solution for G-Suite admins looking for a complete save guard to core google services like Gmail, Calendar, Contacts and Drive with the possibility of providing to end users self-service restore of their own google accounts data.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion speed and response time to searches and overall page navigation could be improved in order to make searching and exporting even faster to end users or admins. Another thing I would recommend is adding optional language display like spanish. Another important aspect to consider would be the lack of web page responsiveness to mobile devices like smartphone or tablet which has smaller screens makes it difficult to read. Even though it has a android app this only launches a browser on your smartphone.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To all looking to purchase and roll out a Datto Backupify subscription I would advise them to check the the option for "Automatically add all new accounts to Backupify" because it is not checked by default so the next user you add to your domain would be automatically added to backupify as well.

Datto Backupify has contributed greatly on our compliance and regulatory goals, financial and operational goals and backup management simplify. This solution closes the gap where data retention policies does´nt.

Mike (Wally) W.

"Saving Time, Peace of Mind"

What do you like best?

The automatic archive feature. When deactivating a G Suite account, or deprovisioning, it will automatically change that account to an Archive. I don't have to use Takeout or a separate MailStore client. I can retain all my users data with a few button clicks. This platform will save me hours of archival work and leave me with peace of mind.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit of a cost, but was fortunate to work with the sales team to take advantage of end of quarter pricing. At full price, it might have been a bit tougher to pitch. Either way, it's worth every penny in my opinion as an admin that doesn't have time to use cheaper manual backup solutions.

We had a more complex archiving process for employee's that we offboarded. That entire process has been simplified to a few button clicks. I can now effortlessly pull search queries and export them for legal requests as well as easily sort and find archival data directly from the cloud.

Alun R.

"Dont not care about small customers"

What do you like best?

Backupify has a nice interface and you can easily access you backups. We value our data very seriously and want to ensure it is professionally backed up.

What do you dislike?

Over the 6 years or so that we have been with Backupify we have found that on a number of occasions backup have stopped. However for one user in our organisation {of 15 people} the google drive backup has stopped for some time and not been fixed. The only solution has been to change to version 2.0 which would split our back up which is not great solution.

The main and more serious observation about this company is as followed:: 1. This issue has been escalated to support for ~ 5 months. 2. As there is development required from their side we have actually been told this is not a support issue and not covered by their SLA.

We can only assume that this company do not value the size of our business to offer the proper customer care and we are paying for a service which isnt fully working.

If you enter into an agreement with Backupify, be warned that if you have an issue, you might just be left high and dry. As they have your data, and the ability to switch is challenging, we are currently having to accept this service level although looking at switching options.

We run a software business as well, we understand customer success is of the highest priority and this is not the case here.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Does the job but customer service has let us down. The service is not currently working and there is no impetus from Backupify to solve this. Our support tickets are just left un-prioritised.

Backups for g suite. Simple.

AC
Administrator in Construction

"Backupify for Office365"

What do you like best?

This product is Software as a Service (SAAS). Everything takes place in the Cloud. The best part of the service is that it backs up all aspects of Office365. Exchange, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint Online are all backed up by this service for one price. It is priced 'per user', but we negotiated a fixed rate based on what we felt our high-water mark for users would be. Very economical given what it backs up.

Restores are fairly straightforward, although the restore interface is a little confusing.

What do you dislike?

It is not intuitive to determine what has actually been backed up. The basic interface only shows when backups were performed on a global basis, although the backups do occur multiple times per day.

Restoring an 'email' places the restored file in a 'restored files' folder in your mailbox. I had difficulty understanding that in the beginning due to a lack of documentation. I have not restored other file types, although I presume it would restore in a similar fashion.

In terms of documentation, there's not much, unless that has changed. In the early days, clicking on links to specific documentation/help items would return an error that the document had been moved, and where to go look for it. Unfortunately, the link that was given was invalid.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Employ their help during the startup phases to ensure you understand how all the pieces work. I know several improvements have been made since I implemented 8 months ago.

Backing up all Office365 data from the cloud.

AI

"Backupify is a great solution for cloud apps"

What do you like best?

We use Backupify with GSuite to backup our corporate data. It was very easy to setup, and it's run for >2 years with the lights out - no daily/monthly administration required. We have decided to require IT to access backups, so our users don't use the product at all. That decision was really made to simplify rollout, as we have had very few reasons (a couple a year) so far to restore any data.

What do you dislike?

This is more of a statement for GSuite rather than Datto Backupify, but it's not always possible to backup/access new(er) applications - like Hangouts Chat. Previously we could access employees' chats from the GMail chat folder (which was saved) but Hangouts Chat doesn't do that. So now we don't have that data backed up. I believe Datto said that Google has not published adequate APIs such that they can back it up yet (or at least last time I checked).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a very good solution, hopefully the Cloud providers / data holders continue to allow this method of backing it up.

Backing up corporate email off of the Google Cloud. We can restore deleted emails and Google Drive files after an employee deletes them. We have not experienced significant GSuite downtime, but it's good to know that during a prolonged GSuite outage we could download recent saves of critical files from Backupify and access them locally with MS Office. We have also had to use the ability to look at backups to review customer communications with former employees or employees out on leave. It would also be useful if a manager needed to verify an employees work in certain specific HR situations.

Joe V.

"Reliable and Simple"

What do you like best?

The experience of backup and recovery through Backupify has consistent for me for the nearly 7 years I've been a client at various organizations. Backupiify addresses a major feature gap across multiple platforms and ensures the deployment and use of the service it provides is simple and straightforward.

What do you dislike?

I would like more cusotmized recovery options, but can survive with the way it is. Would also be nice if there was a price break for retaining inactive account data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try! Effort level is as low as it gets to implement. What do you have to lose?

Data retention & disaster recovery

Christopher C.

"Backups Made Easy, Backups Done Right"

What do you like best?

It just works. Setup took 5 minutes, literally. There is no maintenance time - compare that to running to any on prem backup software and hardware.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of any. Other than the fact that the don't have a personal gmail option so I can back my own email!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask for a demo and/or run a PoC.

I have much greater faith in the resiliency of my backups and can reallocate all the time that used to be spent maintaining that part of the backup infrastructure.

C

"Solid product, Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to configure and set up. Easy to get items restored. Backup points are adequate for most purposes. It's pretty straightforward which means faster setup for the technicians. A "low touch" service which means better margins.

What do you dislike?

Current pricing structure of tiers doesn't work for all customers. I do understand that this will be changing soon to a model based on pure number of mailboxes. That is much more MSP friendly and easier to discuss with the client as it matches with how we bill them for other services.

Educating customers about lack of O365 backup and need for additional protections. Has allowed us to be able to talk about additional layers to a security posture.

Allen M.

"The best solution every time. "

What do you like best?

I love the combination of bare metal image backups over a network interface. This has been Datto's claim to fame and has worked wonders for our clients. The web interface is easy to use but does not leave out features and is in no way clunky. You get all the information you need right on the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

The local storage capacity could be higher but this isn't a big deal because Datto's cloud storage has plenty of room.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it. It's the right decision. Datto is less expensive than its competitors. Datto offers better performance than its competitors. Their products have really wowed everyone we've sold them to and we'd choose them over Carbonite ten times out of ten.

While we have yet to resurrect a machine with the image, the backup suite has been extremely helpful in retrieving files that would otherwise be lost.

"Easy Administration"

What do you like best?

Users can get their own lost files restored. With other Backup solutions, it fell to the administrator to find files a user needs to restore. With Backupify, they can each log in and access their own files. This cuts down on Help Desk tickets.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a dislike for the product. It is a solid backup platform that has never needed a service call.

The main benefit is that there are no Help Desk calls from users who know how to access Backupify. We show it to them when they are given their computer as a new hire. When they accidently delete files, they are able to get them back with ease.

"Backupify just works, new version is fast!"

What do you like best?

We have been using backupify for years now, and that piece of mind that everything is safe and backed up correctly is just awesome! Older site was slow but since they came out with new version it is night and day on how fast you can grab information!

What do you dislike?

I wanted some UI changes to make the site easier to navigate, still waiting on those changes I requested in the past.

We are solving the need to have everything backed up! When you are using google storage, and needing the version history of documents, you can't beat that, not to mention all the emails backed up!

AA
Administrator in Apparel & Fashion

"Easy G Suite Backups"

What do you like best?

Favorite feature has to be the auto-addition of mailboxes into the system. We have things split out by OU to backup critical mailboxes, but not backup everything. The "set it and forget it" aspect means I don't have to manage the system day to day.

What do you dislike?

I have not seen the 2.0 interface yet, but find the current interface a little clunky. Everything on the page works, and is self explanatory. But it's missing some modern look and feel. But I hear that 2.0 helps solve this. We will be migrating our account soon.

The size calculation used when exporting data out of Backupify is funky. Especially on Docs. I think it's calculating size based on everything the user has access to, and not just the files that the user account owns.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not only do you get near real time backups, they also give you an easy way to archive out mailboxes. And in a standard format. And all the processing happens on their end. No need for crazy workarounds to get single file mailbox exports.

Data retention. With SaaS apps, getting backups is not the same as just adding a drive, or system to the rest if your backups. We also need emails to stick around after accounts have been terminated on the G Suite account. We have also been able to recover lost Google Docs, that otherwise would have been gone forever.

AC
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Datto Backupify for peace of mind"

What do you like best?

Datto Backupify allows for backup of Office 365 sharepoint and team sites which is nice to have. For small companies who want to store all their data on office 365 this provides an extra layer of protection in case data gets corrupted or accidentally deleted.

What do you dislike?

While email restoring works well, the sharepoint file restore seems pretty messy. The folder views are not user friendly. The user interface, while simplistic is not very intuitive. If you want to manually manage users, moving them back and for is time consuming and can get confusing if a user is being backed up or not.

Lastly, the whole backupify site is very slow. loading pages can take a long time and sometimes require a reload. This is just from my experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For the price, it gets the job done and provides the extra peace of mind in case something goes missing.

Peace of mind Office 365 email and data backup for all of our Office 365 customers.

"Success in every day backups of User Data"

What do you like best?

The email notifications and the reliability of the product are above board. Most things are pretty well laid out.

What do you dislike?

Some of the navigation of the site seems to not work the best or at least the way that I would expect it to, so it takes more clicks/steps to get things done.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to set up and get started and seems to be very reliable.

Keep Backups of staff's Google Drives and create archives when staff leaves. We have been able to recover all documents that were accidentally deleted by users. We have also been able to create backup archives for when staff leave.

Ryan F.

"Super simple and decently priced"

What do you like best?

Incredibly simple, both in enrollment and administration, and no storage caps

What do you dislike?

Groups content not backed up. Apparently it is an Sharepoint365 api problem and is not currently solvable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider it--uncapped storage is a sweet perk. We're nowhere near needing it yet, but I like the idea of backups to the beginning.

Not so much a business problem as the security of the data being backed up

AP
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Full-featured backup for Google Apps for Education"

What do you like best?

Backupify provides full backup for every element of a Google Apps account: Mail, Drive, Calendar, Contacts, and Sites. It allows us to keep all of our critical data in Drive without the need for a backup server. We can set which accounts are backed up and which aren't very easily.

What do you dislike?

The queuing for restore can take a long time, although Datto has told us they can work with us to speed up critical retrievals. Bulk account adds and changes are beholden to what Google themselves allow, so bulk adds and changes generally have to be done with .csv's emailed to their support, which so far has worked for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be aware that Google Apps for Education has unlimited file storage. We tried to go with a limited data plan with Datto, and went way over within 6 months. Their Unlimited user/Unlimited storage plan is more expensive, but perfect for us because Google at this point in time does not have settable drive quotas. Also be aware that Datto by default wants to back up every account in every OU.

We are backing up all of our critical data, including e-mail, without the use of physical backup servers or network storage devices.

"Nearly unusable"

What do you like best?

The fact that there's a cancel my account option.

What do you dislike?

Where to start? Support is non existent which straight up in and of its self makes this product a no go for any self respecting business. The interface is SO SLOW and SO TERRIBLY designed. Don't take my word for it, sign up and try it out, it's absolutely horrendous!

In general it's a horridly confused interface that is slow (like you click login and it takes 10 seconds before there's any indication that clicking the login button has worked, it only gets worse from there) and things just don't seem to work. I setup a backup job, authorized it's access in office 365 and user accounts were displayed in backupify, I told it to just automatically backup all accounts, sweet happy days. Log back in the next day to be greeted with the setup a job page, it was literally like I had just started a new account from scratch.. not happy and when I chased this up with support, I pushed on for a little over a week of them not returning my calls, not following up on my emails (other than the automated responses) and at the end of the day when someone finally got back to me (by email and not phone call which was requested about a dozen times) all they had to say was "looks like you haven't setup a job" - no shit sherlock! anyway, avoid this product like the plague. Maybe it'll come good but why bother when there's better solutions already out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't commit to it until you've trialed it. I'm in a situation where I was forced into using this product and it is the absolute worst thing I have used in a long time.

Backupify doesn't solve problems, it introduces them. Time is money and the time you'll burn trying to get this solution to work makes it not worth choosing over one of the many other solutions out there that whilst might be a little more expensive it's like the old saying goes: you get what you pay for.

"Almost there"

What do you like best?

Setup was easy (less than 30 minutes) and Backupify gets everything that's important. I also like that there's no troubleshooting for me to do - it's a 100% cloud to cloud and managed solution, so if anything breaks they figure it out.

What do you dislike?

It's missing some features that would be really helpful: more admin roles, backup for Teams data, backup for Flow and Forms, and backup for Groups.

We didn't have any backup for our Office 365 environment, which we're extremely reliant on. With Backupify, we'll be able to restore from accidental or intentional deletion of data, as well as ransomware attacks.

AE
Administrator in Environmental Services

"it was good while it lasted"

What do you like best?

There was a lot of features that were easy to control on your end instead of administrators. user-friendly means you are not required to wait for admins and are able to set yourself up through verification. What I like best was managing and accessing my own files without the typical admin request. Even with late submission or errors, people can make edits.

What do you dislike?

There was not enough work done around sharing files, this means all the work and data done was able to be stored but the lack of user-friendly options limits how much and how you can share. There are not enough ways to adjust some setting that would make the platform more personalized.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I always recommend having a good broadband connection so that files can upload and download smoothly without corruption and have updated software systems.

There was a lot of fun features that each person work to meet their needs and have personalized results. We are able to create more collaborative work among different types of teams to have one complete product at the end.

Steve B.

"The "set it and forget it" backup solution and piece of mind we needed!"

What do you like best?

We are using the Backupify for Salesforce product line. We're very happy with the incredibly easy setup process, and the fact that we can also backup all of our sandboxes without having to pay for additional licensing on top of our production costs. Whenever we've had questions, the support team is very fast to respond, friendly, and knowledgeable in the product to help us. We haven't had to do many restorations yet, but in testing out the restore and download features, they were also very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

We have no dislikes with the service thus far!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think of it like an insurance policy, because you'll undoubtedly get questioned on whether the spend is really necessary "because we've never needed anything like this before". Don't wait until after you need a backup and it's too late. The first time you have to use it, it will probably justify it's ROI on the spot, especially if it's to fix a large problem.

Backupify is an insurance policy to solve a business problem we never hope to encounter: data loss or corruption. Our Salesforce CRM is the heatbeat of our sales and service teams, and should we ever have any data loss or corruption, or even if someone just makes an "oops" in the system, we have peace of mind knowing that we can easily restore the data needed from a Backupify backup.

"Nice features and fair pricing."

What do you like best?

I like the features and the interface. It is better than working with Google Vault for the occasional file/email retrieval when an employee deletes something.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be a little slow at times. Large restores can take days, but it's not something we do very often.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a good solution if you need a 3rd party backup of your user data in the cloud.

This provides us a 3rd party backup of our G Suite user data. We can also remove accounts and keep an archived copy of the user data without having to keep the G Suite license active.

Andrew B.

"Backupify for Gsuite"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Pretty much set it up and forget it. Weekly emails with status of backups. I hardly every have to login.

What do you dislike?

Takes awhile to load sometimes. Once loaded into console its very quick to move around.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your looking for a backup/archive solution for Gsuite, this is the product you need.

As a restate company we are mandated by the state of NC to archive 3 years of emails. We have had to use the Backupify backups for several litigation's after an agent has left the company.

AI

"Backuipfy Stress Free Tool"

What do you like best?

It’s really easy to setup workflows as well managing user accounts. Less clicks to get things done than in the Google Admin Console. Onboarding and offboardong is done with no stress.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the workflows have a delay and I have to contact support. Not to much of a pain, but would like to see improvement.

Onborading and offboarding are done with minimal clicks than what I would do in the Google admin console. Also transferring drive data to another user without having to log into the users account is nice.

Eric L. J.

"Perfect for Google Apps"

What do you like best?

We have been using Backupify since September of 2010. The integration of Backupify into Google Apps is seamless and inexpensive. Every backup we've pulled for archival purposes has been easy and painless. The social media backup is just a plus. The tech support can take a bit to get back to you for certain issues, but they have always gotten back to us in the right amount of time correlating to the urgency of the issue.

What do you dislike?

Backupify was purchased by Datto, I do believe. I noticed that some of the personal touch left, but we only notice because we are a small business that thrives on giving a personal touch to all that we do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We can only give testimony to the ease of use for Backupify to backup Google Apps and Social Media accounts. If you have something else to backup, please contact Backupify or look into other reviews.

Even Google can go down or employees can delete items, not to mention all of the malicious activity on the Internet. We use backup as an easily downloadable archive and for worst-case scenarios. Backupify fulfills this need and at a very reasonable cost.

"Easy Cloud to Cloud Backup Setup"

What do you like best?

How easy it was to configure and navigate the interface. It is also easy to find data in folders and perform a restore.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to load the data from Office365 and have it become available. There was no option to bulk add users via the interface. The .csv file works for a bulk add but it would have been nice to select from the interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is easy to use.

Having a cloud backup of our Office365 data for easy restore capability.

Gary P.

"Great All-In-One Solution"

What do you like best?

We evaluated several options and Backupify was one of the easiest solutions for us and the pricing was competitive.

What do you dislike?

No issues so far- the Cloud Console could use more login/security options (AzureAD integration, MFA, etc.)

Backs up our cloud files structure

"No complaints"

What do you like best?

The service just works. I check in everyday just to make sure that backups are running,, but other than that, it is very hands off. Restores are easy and as granular as you want to go

What do you dislike?

There have been a handful of times that recovering a backup has failed or been corrupted In those cases the tool essentially failed. Wish you could download a backup directly instead of waiting for a download link to be emailed.

email archiving.

"Backupify Works Great"

What do you like best?

We like the user interface and simplicity of restores. The search also works really well.

What do you dislike?

We haven't found too many, but sometimes the download speeds can be a bit slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Backupify is a quality product that you should consider for your backups. The system is easy to use and has a great interface.

Backupify does a great job of keeping up our backups. We have restored from them several times. They have helped us with legal holds too.

Tom F.

"Cloud Backups of Google made easy"

What do you like best?

The ability to restore user files and emails

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that we dislike about Backupify

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Evaluate how you are currently retrieving cloud data from users leaving your organization.

We don't worry about losing files when users leave our organization.

EI
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Light touch and always available"

What do you like best?

The fact that Backupify is an incredibly light touch for myself and my team to manage. We can always rely on it to work the way it is meant to with little required on our part.

What do you dislike?

There's not a whole lot to not like, honestly. The restore might be a little "awkward" because we are a G-suite shop and its not like restoring a pst or ost, but overall its a solid platform.

We are ensuring business continuity by backing up our G-Suite and Salesforce instances, two of our core applications. At this point the main benefit we have realized is that we are confident we will not have any disruption in our data.

User in Hospitality

"Glad to know my work's never gone forever!"

What do you like best?

I like having peace of mind that if I delete something, it’s not gone forever.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. It’s pretty straightforward - everyone needs backup. I’m just the recipient of the product’s benefits.

Started a new job. My IT department got me set up with my predecessor’s Google Drive account via Backupify. Immediately I had ownership access to all their spreadsheets, webinar presentations, etc … even her private notes for upcoming quarter strategy. Could not have been more helpful when taking ownership over the role and training. Also, it’s good to know as I delete docs and reorganize everything for the role that everything is recoverable. Peace of mind.

User in Chemicals

"Simple, Secure, and Necessary Software"

What do you like best?

I started a new job and received the drive account of the person before me. Had everything in one place - documents, calendar events, etc. Allowed me to literally pick up where she left off. Couldn't be happier.

What do you dislike?

I heard the software had some issues in the past but I haven't encountered anything of the like. I believe they've been bought by a new company (Datto) and have done some serious updates. Customer support was very helpful.

I can search both my drive and my predessesors in one place, which is super useful. Also,while cleaning out her drive I accidently deleted a forcasting spreadsheet ... Oops! Good news, backupify restored it in moments. Love it.

"peace in mind for my G suite apps"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that we can have multiple daily restore point for any g suite app like gmail, google docs etc..

from cost-saving aspect, it's great we no longer have to keep our google mailboxes and we can just delete them since they're archived in backupify for no extra cost.

What do you dislike?

until recently backupify had a delegation feature which was super usefull for us and now was deprecated, the good news is that i understand they will add it back soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

go for it, great ROI

the option to restore any G-suite data with daily revisions, also it allows us to save a lot of money going forward by deleting instead of suspending the google mailboxes.

Laurel G.

"Backupify makes it easy to roll back data"

What do you like best?

It is incredibly easy to install Backupify with new G Suite accounts when we do the setup for clients.

What do you dislike?

Because it runs in the background and is so seamless, clients often forget it is there!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent margins for resellers.

Added value to our managed service provider business.

"Easy and quick restore "

What do you like best?

Backupify keep excellent historical archived deleted users mails and Onedrive files. Making it easy to restore forgotten lost files of users who have left the organization.

What do you dislike?

Being able to sort the users by who are archived and who are users that sharing the resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Helen Keller International

Having the ability to restore users mailbox in office 365 down to the individual mail. Great archive tool for user who have left the organization.

"Very important for any business that's dependent on a cloud storage solution"

What do you like best?

My backup has another backup and in case my storage solution fails I can always retrieve it.

What do you dislike?

The pricing could be a bit better. I would also want better guarantees about my data backup.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare with Spanning backup and compare the different features both of these services differ on. Backupify has been an industry leader so it is very reliable, however.

The only problem is that you may not need a license for each employee in the company, and Backupify should make it easier to debundle licenses to allow being judicious in terms of number of licenses to buyy.

Reliability as well as data protection.

"Excellent product. We have used it several times to restore lost or missing files."

What do you like best?

Peace of mind that my on-line data is secure.

What do you dislike?

It took quite a while for support on Team Drive but that is up and running now. We were exposed to data loss for almost a year.

We are a Google for Education customer and we needed a reliable third party backup. We have restored both e-mail and drive files and saved a lot of frustration for the end user.

"So far, Backupify seems like an easy and comprehensive way to secure cloud data"

What do you like best?

Backupify's web-app layout is easy to navigate, and accessible from any location. On top of all of the obvious backup features, Backupify can also be used as an excellent discovery and project hand-off tool. There are times in which a manager leaves the company, but their project is on-going. Backupify allows us to transfer all correspondence and files to a new assigned manager with ease.

What do you dislike?

The web-app can be slow at times. This was after very little use, so this could change as time goes one.

Data security. And as stated above, Backupify also assists with discovery and project continuity.

"A company you're glad is around but hope you never need to use"

What do you like best?

Backupify makes data recovery easy and less stressful.

What do you dislike?

I do which the UI was more friendly, I would like to be able to view the users list without being navigated away from the page. I would also like to view the entire user list at once.

We've recovered files that have been deleted. It's a good insurance policy to have.

Julian V.

"Gran app"

What do you like best?

Lo mejor es la capacidad que ofrece y la sencillez para realizar backups

What do you dislike?

El costo seria lo mas desfavorable, una mejor implementacion y mejor conocimiento seria importantes tambien

Poder mantener una base de estos actualizada y en tiempo real

"calhoun school backupify experience"

What do you like best?

it's set it and forget it. we haven't had any issues.

What do you dislike?

the dashboard is incredibly slow to load at times.

preservation of data/information for faculty/staff/students. it's helped us to troubleshoot student "issues" as well as recover emails/files for faculty/staff/students

AP
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Good Product Room to Grow"

What do you like best?

Very simple and easy to use backup tool that covers most of your backup needs for Google Apps. Easy interface and requires little training to use.

What do you dislike?

I was told they were integrating with Team Drives but haven’t heard about the release. We don’t utilize them yet but will want that feature once we do!

We are backing up Incase of a crypto lock scam or destructive employee but have found it very useful to transfer files when someone leaves. Works much better than just what Google offers

AH
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Broken interface rarely works, stay far away."

What do you like best?

You can actually see the subject line of email, neat.

What do you dislike?

Restores fail, exports fail, classic interface is completely broken and does nothing. Their support is run through a separate site which you must create a separate account to use. No help or contact section anywhere inside your actual Backupify account. This product is managed by clowns on roller skates, under no circumstance should you purchase this product.

You can pretend you have a third party backup of your Office 365 messages, of course none of it works but you can at least pretend it does.

Learn more about Datto Backupify

Datto Backupify Videos

Learning about Datto Backupify?

* We monitor all Datto Backupify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.