Arlo Training & Event Software Reviews & Product Details

Arlo Training & Event Software Overview

What is Arlo Training & Event Software?

Arlo is a cloud-based training management system for managing, marketing and delivering physical and online training. It provides streamlined event scheduling, online registrations, invoicing and receipting, runs marketing activities, and manages client records and relationships. The service can be rapidly deployed and seamlessly integrated within your website and connected with your other business applications.

Arlo Training & Event Software Details

Arlo is a cloud-based training and event management system for managing, marketing and delivering physical and online training and event services.

Arlo Training & Event Software
2007
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
@ArloSoftware
951 Twitter followers

Arlo Training & Event Software Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Arlo Training & Event Software community
Have you used Arlo Training & Event Software before?

Arlo Training & Event Software Reviews

Showing 53 Arlo Training & Event Software reviews
Already have Arlo Training & Event Software?
Marketing Specialist
Consumer Goods
What do you like best?

Quite simple to use it, it is possible to link with many other available platforms, the technical support to the user has been efficient enough to solve medium problems that have arisen, giving appropriate and accurate answers. It is quite good to manage and generate meetings online, it makes you not spend so much time on your work tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing I do not like about this programme, it has been so useful to me that I could not bring any complaints because I would really be lying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

platform quite efficient, basic but with tools good enough to always use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before using this program, I was worried because the company where I currently work is all over the world, that is, its distribution is in several countries in different containers, there is a lot of market to cover, and of course it is quite difficult to maintain a communication fluid enough to continue maintaining customers, with the help of this platform that has been achieved efficiently. By simply generating an online event or meeting with these users, it is extremely simple, and with this, customers and the general public are satisfied. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

National Academy Coordinator
Accounting
What do you like best?

Arlo is an intuitive platform to use, with minimal direction I can get others up to speed on creating and publishing events. It is very rarely that i need to step in and offer further support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not having the option to call and speak with someone from the support team, lodging jobs that are urgent can be stressful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Database CRM management, Arlo offers a seamless integration to our website, campaign system, and salesforce, making it easy and effective for anyone in he firm to search up a client and see what trainings they have attended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Logistics and Business Manager
Mental Health Care
What do you like best?

The knowledge base is the most helpful with all of the different topics and the easy to follow directions with pictures and videos. As a brand new user to the Arlo platform in February, after only a few weeks confidently began to navigate our set up and could further specify our needs as a company because simply because the users are set up for success. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is the time difference between where I am in the US and the company. Haha. I really couldn't think of anything else. Even though there is a barrier in that regard it is very very small. When myself or co-workers have needed assistance, the turn around time for a support person to help is extremely fast and efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out, ask a lot of questions. Chances are if its not done already it might be in the works already. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Convenient event organizing and tracking of registrations. Efficient online tools, our paper footprint has reduced significantly with registration attendance being online, certificates being generated via email and surveys sent out electronically. To go further, the integration with our website has provided a new and great experience for us as the organizers but also for the potential registrants who are browsing our site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technology Manager
What do you like best?

We were able to integrate Arlo into our training schedule where it would sync the dates and locations without the need to add them onto our website manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think we could have been using it better, but we had to create multiple events to fill out one of our classes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great software company and they are very easy to work with. Talk with them and they can help you decide on what you need! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It simplified the ability to add the events to our website by automatically adding them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Training Team Leader Lifeline Direct
Education Management
What do you like best?

Arlo is so user friendly and easy to use that we now spend less time on course management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have requested that training events remain on the calendar after they occur. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Arlo is an excellent software option for Training Management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We now spend less time on course management and as such are able to seek a greater level of engagement with our customers. Luckily, Arlo can also help facilitate this process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Training Department
What do you like best?

The ease of usability, Arlo integrates extremely well with our WordPress platform allowing for a lot of flexibility when it comes to managing a significant number of public & private training events. The support team is always quick to answer & ensures were taken care of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that particularly comes to mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were looking for an easy to use learning management system after being in the market for quite sometime. There weren't many options that could compete with the flexibility and pricing of Arlo. The current system provides a lot of event management automation allowing our team to focus on whats important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I hve now been using Arlo for around a year and a half - the site itself is great and clear with lot's of functions. If you need something the site doesn't have, you can work with the team to see if it would be possible to implement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If we cancel an event, it would be helpful if we could select a reason for why the event is cancelled which could then be automatically sent to those booked onto the event, At the moment, Arlo just sends a generic email and we have to send the specific details ourselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Arlo to create teacher training events - the software is easy to use and makes my job a lot easier. This has so many great features which I have explored more of this year - recently I have been using the discount feature which you can add rules for and sessions which means we can set up many event types. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

National Director
Higher Education
What do you like best?

The Arlo platform is user-friendly. It has a clear and clean layout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Any software has its disadvantages. I have not had any major concerns but additional reporting would be good and integration with systems through Zapier, for example. Having an integration with Survey monkey or satisfaction surveys would also be helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it every day to manage clients, learners and invoicing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Before Arlo, I was creating and printing certificates of completion manually each week. It was time consuming, paper consuming, and not practical. Now, Arlo has allowed us to switch over to electronic certificates. The Arlo support page is unlike any I've ever seen. It walked me through step by step how to create templates and upload them and catered specifically to our needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't say a negative thing about Arlo software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can run more detailed reports and incorporate so much more information than we could with previous software. Everything is in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Have been using Arlo for 5 years, probably the best enrolment programme I have ever used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, and if problems arise the Arlo team are quick in responding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great for reporting on registrations and course performance, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Arlo has a fanatstic integration for our live and online course delivery. The email based platform produces professional looking correspondence to venues, presenters, and students. The Management platform is head and shoulders above our old system for our staff to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With the ease of use, comes some limitations. Certain aspects are not currently customizable, but that is also what makes it very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Single point of entry for course/instructor/venue entry. Registrations and enrollments processed in real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Arlo's customer service is unmatched. Although we are in different time zones, I get a response within 12 hours and the response usually comes with a follow up question, suggestion, or solution that works. They really care about their customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations to Arlo, but I believe it's due to the contract that my company has with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Arlo's ease of use makes my day-to-day tasks easy and straightforward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Easy of use, fantastic support., and always friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I have been using this software for quite sometime, and they just keep updating for the better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a trial. Once you use it you will love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to track invoices, training courses both internal and external, and uploading to our website Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pack Production Coordinator
Education Management
What do you like best?

The navigational interface and ease of use. It integrates easily with other systems and all these automation features are excellent. Reports can be generated so efficiently, which was actually my primary interest in ARLO. This software also provides a separate tab for a user to include their own tasks in to the system for the user to monitor own progress and own work on priorities when required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, there is nothing much to dislike about ARLO. However, the events page sometimes take time to refresh and sometimes the page doesn't reload at all. I am sure developers of ARLO are constantly improving and updating the software, which will benefit the users all the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend ARLO to any small or large business companies as an efficient event management tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am working with ARLO to monitor the scheduled events, generate day to day reports for our closure meetings, manage any updates of the events that needs to be visible by the delegates and the trainers, and analyse the number of events that we are carrying out around the world for future reports. The benefit of using this platform is you get all the information required for an event (from Setup to Final day of the event) here in ARLO software. Not to mention, the prompt customer services (phone and online) are so much quicker and excellent. In all, I can say this tool really helps me be more efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SharePoint Technical Specialist
What do you like best?

The key requirements for event management are brought together on one platform. The integration of a CRM, online application forms, integrated payment gateways and an API to allow full website integration, allowed our company to remove three systems from our business workflows and to save hours in manual processing of applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike with Arlo, we have a number of administrators so would like to see some more granular security controls for system users, and we often have some bespoke requirements for our business needs. Also we have a number of system roles and it would be good to have these reflected in the pricing model. Having said that, Arlo have been very responsive to assisting with these issues either directly, or in upcoming releases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main business problem Arlo solves is the end to end IT integration of the even management process. For us Arlo manages an initial application, though to acceptance, through to registrations, and payments, surveys and communications with the registrant. We also have fully integrated the system into our website via the API so have removed a previous manual job to manage the online presence of course information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The excellent customer service that is provided. Fast, efficient, accurate and the customer service representatives I have communicated with actually want to help solve/fix/better the problem. Best customer service I have ever received using an event management programme. Well done. I also like the layout of Arlo and how easy it is to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we have to pay for a license per person in our business. I think it would be better to pay for one license that is accessible for everyone in our team to use (but business is business). I also dislike that sometimes when using the drop down features, it instantly picks something up and puts it in the dialogue box before you can actually decide what option you want. I also dislike that I cannot change the price to $0 once someone has registered on our website Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Registration process for our workshops and marketing for our events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like having templates available for subsequent classes that we run and the autofill is speedy when entering names and details. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't yet learned how to create and save my own templates without altering the options available to other users. I feel it is possible but my busy schedule hasn't given me time to explore everything with Arlo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to learn and use Arlo Trainign and Event Software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having a place to record classes, students, schedules, outcomes that also serves our customers with a front of house place to browse and enter their own bookings. This would be a full time job without Arlo. With Arlo it is a 5 - 15 minute exercise for one of the tutors once a week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I like the introduction training you receive in order to help setting up the system to suit your needs.

How simple the software is to use once you are using it on a daily basis Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only parts i dislike is that everyone is classed as an administrator at present.

Some information which you have put in in one section of teh system is not pre - populated in other relevant sections Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would not hesitate to use this system or recommend it to others Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ARLO has cut down on a lot of back office admin and ARLO makes the whole process of sales, information management, course Joining Instructions, invoicing and receipt of payment very simple indeed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
Education Management
What do you like best?

The thing I like the very most is how intuitive and easy to use Arlo is. It is exceptionally well designed and I can use it well - despite having no training on how to use it - good design can't be beaten - and Arlo has great design - meaning it can't be beaten! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I really dislike - Arlo is constantly updating and improving their product. I wanted them to add attendance by individual session to their app - and they have -so while I didn't like that this was not available it took only a couple of months for them to develop it after it was raised - when a company is this responsive there's nothing much to dislike! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth the price because it does what you hope it will. I have used other training and educational software such as Blackboard, a purpose built IMB Mainframe system (AS400), Wisenet and several other competitor systems and none of them come close to Arlo's functionality, intuitive ease of use and responsive development. It quite simply is the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Too many to list - but here goes a few - paper lite office using Alro email certificates instead of expensive paper ones; attendance via app is helping both administratively and for off site class trips as it allows us to have accurate attendance data in case there is a health and safety emergency; Arlo app to deliver communications simultaneously to multiple parties; accurate up-to-date dashboard to watch business health - sales and revenue - and track trends quickly by looking at a single screen; low to no staff training time on Arlo - as highly intuitive product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Simplicity of the product and the layout makes it easy to use to manage event delivery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reporting does not currently allow you to include personalised email text when set up to send automatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The reporting functionality allows you to create reports to suit different customer needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Coordinator
Higher Education
What do you like best?

Arlo is very easy and convenient to use. It saves our time in organising our courses! Very well integrated Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

only minimal technical issue, very seldom Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended in terms of convenience & excellent support team Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It manages our course bookings very efficiently. It saves my time in organizing our members data in preparation for our postgrad courses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to integrate with other software systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find a negative with ARLO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The quality of the product outstrips other competitors offering similar services. ARLO saves large amounts of time at a fair price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Synchronising payments with my accounting and automation of emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like that I can have all my events in one place as this makes it easier to manage it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there is no postponement button Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good system to manage events all in one place easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Implementation Manager
Accounting
What do you like best?

The best things are the payment platform, the app for my mobile when I am at an event - so easy to record attendance or grab an attendees number to check in on them if they haven't arrived. Arlo has eliminated human error at our end - now we know if a registration is wrong that it was entered incorrectly by the client, not someone at our end! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We used to use quite a complicated discount structure for multiple attendees, this has been hard to translate into arlo, but we have identified a work around - it just took a bit of time to implement. In saying that - Jarrod and the team were super helpful in helping us create this work around! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using arlo has meant that we've consolidated all of our payment methods into one platform, eliminated multiple spreadsheets recording attendees and also eliminated the possibility for human error at our end - if someone isn't registered for an event, they didn't register, it's not that they emailed us and didn't make it to the spreadsheet! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tim Tarbotton of Arlo Training & Event Software

Hi Jade, thanks for your review. Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to share. All the best, The Arlo team

Education Lead
Management Consulting
What do you like best?

Arlo always respond. No question is to silly for them to answer - even when I could probably find the answer on their comprehensive help page. The people I've dealt with at Arlo have always been patient and put up with our web developers (who are based in Australia). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The package we have doesn't have all the functionality I want. It would be great to have social media plugins as standard on the package we have (which I think is Professional).

It would be great to have better functionality within the templates (ie more dynamic with pictures etc).

It would be great to have more dynamic functionality with emails / communications sent out. I'd like to see more easier ways to customise emails without Arlo having to create bespoke templates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's provided us with an easy to use booking platform for our professional education business. It's easy to use. We've had no major problems using it (and neither have our customers) since we integrated our website with Arlo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Tim Tarbotton of Arlo Training & Event Software

Hi Ngaire, thanks for your review, we appreciate the time taken to write this and have taken your feedback onboard. Keep an eye out on the product updates for any changes to the functionality you have highlighted. kind regards, The Arlo team