Appypie Reviews & Product Details

What is Appypie?

Appypie allows users with no programming skills, to create an app for Windows 8 Phone, Android & iPhone applications for mobiles and smartphones; and publish to Google Play & iTunes.

Appypie Profile Details

1-44 of 44 total Appypie reviews
President
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
(Myself Only)

"Great tech support for a novice like me!"

What do you like best?

I just created my first app for a trade association. I did a lot of research and actually tested a few companies before I decided to go with appypie.

The platform is very easy to use for the most part. When I had to reach out to tech support, they were always prompt and professional and helped me fix some issues with the app.

My app became more complicated during development and their videos, as well as tech support, walked me thru some complicated issues to get my app up and running.

What do you dislike?

nothing really. I haven't had any issues.

The features they offered for their apps was just what I was looking for.

The idea of an app came from one of our members who wanted the ability to connect members of our association using an app instead of a website

Marketing Manager
Public Relations and Communications

"Wonderful Experience"

What do you like best?

I like being able to use Appypie and create my own app. I like those at the support center who was there every step of the way. Nick, Scott, Sam, Peter, and everyone else that I reached out to. They responded within a couple of minutes and took the time to make sure that I understood.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I disliked. The app is straight forward and very user-friendly. Everyone that I interacted with was very helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an easy way to create an app, Appypie is definitely the way to go. Customer service is amazing and they are there to answer all of your questions.

Appypie allows me to reach a larger audience with the app that I created.

Webmaster d'une Station de Radio sur Internet
Broadcast Media

"wonderful tool"

What do you like best?

wonderful tool. the best app builder on the market anyway. i taken lifetime licences cause i plan to keep it for long-term, right from the very firsts month to not waste too much money on monthly plans. and of course a sales team for custom design. don't hesitate to ask them discount, especially on lifetime licences, sales team really treat well the faithfuls customers.

What do you dislike?

some support guys very friendly (vik, nick), some other are just idiots (asking for money to do a task included in my plan, several times). despite this communication issue, all problems managed to get solved (sometime you just close and re-open the chat to get somebody else).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

the solution doesn't provide the files you have to sent on stores. once app is done, you have to ask support to generate theses files for you. and, despite the very hard price, technical support isn't as premium as you can expect. lot of misunderstanding/organisation issues. lot of disrespect too. rarely get an "hello" or "have a nice day" from them.

anyway, it's still the best mobile app builder on the market. just consider you will waste hundred hours on this annoying support. if anybody asks for money, be very careful you're not buying something you don't need or asked for. obviously, support only talk english (other languages using automatic translator which makes communication just impossibles)

creating an app takes times. submitting even more. don't forget you will have to fix bugs once it's live, and sometimes having to create dedicate app to suits specific market needs (amazon requires to uses amazon checkout, google don't allow sexy girls pics, etc). each appypie plan only cover one app. it means that if you need 3 differents app for 3 differents store, if one lifetime plan is 1500$, it will turns into 3x1500$.

it's not appypie responsability if market had stupid restictions, but when you subscribe into it, you're never aware of all that backstage happyness.

now i have a wonderful app i can enjoy with my clients. just check for house station live in your favorite store from www.hsl.fm (so you can have an idea of what is possible to do with it). it's everywhere! even on windows and blackberry, that's the thing i love about appypie. hundred features, even app promotion and monetising.

Social Media Manager

"Very easy, their Customer Service is very helpful!"

What do you like best?

I was excited to find Appy Pie and their services when my boos asked that I get an app done within a few weeks for her clients. Needless to say, Appy Pie exceeded my expectations as how easy it was to navigate and Appy Pie walking through how to upload the app and publishing the apps for you was an easy solution to difficulties in publishing the app on the app stores.

What do you dislike?

Their chat service is a little confusing. It doesn't say when someone is online with you until the other person is chatting with you. It also doesn't list any hours that their chat is up.

I also think they should make 'Let Appy Pie publish for you' as the default tab. I spent a good amount of time trying to upload the app to Android and waiting for a response on the chat. Once I got an answer, it took an hour or so and I didn't have to do any work except provide my account details.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely, allow Appy Pie to publish your app

Creating an app was something I never thought I'd be able to do. I don't know any coding. I'm pretty tech savvy if I have a walkthru I can do almost anything. This was an easy process.

ms

"awesome tool"

What do you like best?

superb instrument. the best application developer available in any case. I taken lifetime licenses cause I intend to keep it for long haul, directly from the very firsts month to not squander a lot of cash on month to month plans. what's more, obviously a business group for hand craft. try not to waver to ask them markdown, particularly on lifetime licenses, deals group truly treat well the faithfuls clients.

What do you dislike?

Obviously I wish the application was free. It's something that so as to get genuine utilization of you need the month to month or yearly arrangement so you can exploit all the site brings to the table. The free arrangement is there however doesn't give you as much as the paid plans. They do have a lifetime plan which is somewhat perfect. So there are numerous alternatives to suit whatever you need or can manage.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should learn or know a not too bad sum about distributing applications to the google and itunes stores. Likewise the measure of connection individuals can do with your application is restricted and in some cases burdensome. A significant number of our clients got baffled since it was more earnestly to work without hardly lifting a finger they are utilized to with different applications.

The main application like this in the State will develop or Company the manner in which we need. Much obliged to you. We will most likely achieve customer everywhere throughout the world and associate in an alternate manner then some other out there.

RN

"Good job on customer service today, Alex. "

What do you like best?

Alex answered all my questions today, and handled the issue at hand, immediately. Alex contact me via chat and the development team got into my google play account and handled the situation live. So I am hoping that the app will be online live today with my pre-existing reviews and ratings. As well as download count. I would really appreciate that. I have already lost advertising money. Don't any more losses.

What do you dislike?

Previous contacts, I was ignored and I was left feeling frustrated and hopeless. I had previously requested that my app be updated as required by Google Play Store new policies and was assured several times that it was, until I received an email from google play stating that my app had been removed from the play store. I lost money from advertising and thousands of potential users. I was very upset and disappointed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Appypie is a great business. However, customer support is a hit and miss. Today my customer support person was Alex, he was the best yet, and would probably make the company A+ if other customer support reps were like him. I have had previous customer support reps tell me that my little money of 500/yearly was nothing for the support I was asking. Others just couldn't help, hung up the phone, or plain ignored my concerns.

Update and re-submit my app of Google Play according to Google Play new policies on app privacy etc. Alex was able to contact the development team who resummitted by app into the Google Play store. I hope that it will be returned with my previous downloads and reviews.

Software Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"Appypie, means Do It Yourself, no code required"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we feel, there should b a feature to add 3rd party services to it. Also, the performance is good, but sometimes we have faced the glitches in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a good product if you want to build a cross-platform app for small business, where no customization is required on a regular basis. You should go for this product, it is easy to use and anyone can use this to add bunch of features into it and use the same for the business growth We have used this product as an internal tool to create an app to measure daily tasks allocation, and this also played important role in handling the Agile methodology in the company

Created an internal app for tasks and events. the main features are: Easy to use, no coding skills required. A person with little knowledge of computer and with a good understanding of product can build the app on this. We have realised a lot of benefits from this product. Like the performance of the team was increased when we used the product in order to track the number of tasks allocated to each developer, and the velocity by which that developer is committing the tasks, and in return, we use to reward the developer accordingly.

Mobile Application Developer

"Best tool for creating mobile apps for free"

What do you like best?

Appy Pie gives you complete information about the users using your app by merging its own analytical tool with Google Analytics.

It is a very useful app for those who are interested in developing games for their mobile app, as it is an app designer tool. When you are adding new features such as Twitter feed, form builder, and a website link, you will see the instant changes being reflected upon in your app in no time.

It also has got video tutorials on how to use the specific tools for beginners which help in learning it quickly.

What do you dislike?

There is scope for improvement with the documentation part. Online video tutorials will only let you know how to fill up the required fields but won’t explain what these fields are doing. Also, I have seen lots of pop-ups appearing in my free apps for almost every functionality performed by the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Since it provides a free version, it can be used to create mobile apps and utilize its features.

Whenever a user visits your website it will automatically show a pop-up notification to the respective user for downloading and installing your mobile app. This happens as AppyPie has the feature for mobile browser detection.

It has a feature named as the game builder which allows you to add images uploaded by you or use its characters. You can upload or create the background and also you can give a name of your new game.

Director, Engineering & Product Development

"Great experience working with Appypie"

What do you like best?

Their support team is always helpful and always willing to go an extra mile to get the things done. The overall platform is intuitive and easy to work with. One of the most intuitive mobile app development platform on the web.

The best thing is their super fast and friendly support.

What do you dislike?

The platform has some of the limitation which should be addressed from time to time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a mobile app platform which is easy to manage and go live, appypie is definitely the choice. However if you are looking for a lot of customization then you should look somewhere else.

We are using AppyPie as the mobile application development platform for our customer. The turn-around time from development to Go-LIVE is really fast with Appypie. The support is great.

Site Administrator
Retail

"Great Support!"

What do you like best?

Alex from support was very knowledgeable, helpful and courteous. Answered all my questions and got the app rolled out in no time!

What do you dislike?

I am satisfied, don't have anything bad to say,

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wonderful platform for creating your app. Add your own images, logos and choose from multiple style templates. With a huge number of editing options, Appypie is the perfect platform for creating a beautiful app and the cost is so reasonable! Love it!

Appypie provided a great app development platform with a great support team

Test Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
(10,001+ employees)

"AppyPie is a fantastic tool for creating mobile app within no time"

What do you like best?

AppyPie is one of the best app making tools because it provides its own set of analytics tool in addition with Google Analytics for getting to know the exact type of users engaging in your app. It provides as many as 32 types of categories for app development like Fashion, Social Media, Games and more. Each category type has got 12 different themes to choose from and you can also even get the theme customized as per your likes & dislikes.

There is a feature for pulling out content from the website you already own to your mobile app by just using the Web URL of your website and thus it saves your time and effort in creating the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

AppyPie offers 4 different plans which have free plans as well as enterprise plans. For using the Amazon, Blackberry and Windows devices, you need to have the Platinum plan as they are supported only in this plan and it costs a lot. Also in the free plan, you don’t get to create any Apple devices apps like iOS apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It provides lots of support and help documentation for using it and it also has video tutorials for using this application.

The best feature AppyPie provides is that it has got standard APIs and features which helps in the promotion of your newly built app and sending notifications or emails to the targeted audience by using the Geotargeted pushing notifications. It also lets you to promote the mobile app on Social media platforms pretty easily.

It can even help in building mobile games without writing any piece of code and has got some inbuilt templates for games like action games, puzzle games, etc. Adding your own characters is pretty easy in the mobile game app.

Founder

"Development Support"

What do you like best?

The Team is interactive and available 24/7.

What do you dislike?

There are a few areas, that for new users can be frustrating, the support team, get you through those hurdles.:)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It should be simple if you have a basic understanding of marketing and software build. They will guide you through the rest.

Our App is for Student Living and Loft rentals in a App hybrid model. Our clients and StudiLofts.online App both drive their business space filling in collaboration, in a changing market.

Construction

"Creating Restaurant Ordering App"

What do you like best?

The ready-made, "fill in the blank" type options that allow you to customize and create a functional app without needing to know how to write code. The pricing option of a lifetime subscription is nice, assuming the company will be around that long!

What do you dislike?

The only options that are available for an Apple platform are the free version (which isn't much!) or the top price option, which is $50 per month. I've also heard rumors that there is an additional annual fee in order to get your app added to the Apple store which isn't mentioned on the website. Also, there will be a sales pop up appear in the bottom left corner that can be annoying. Also, the reps don't appear to be from the US as their grammar is sometimes a bit hard to follow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to add a menu ordering system to your app, this is the only "do it yourself" creator that I've been able to find. The only other option is to have one created for you and the cost for that can sometimes be prohibitive. They do offer 25% and 30% discounts as well as offering a lifetime subscription option. This appears to be the best deal for the money but who's to say their lifetime will be equal to or longer than our lifetime?

We're still in the process of creating our app but we are hoping that it will bring more traffic into our convenience store by allowing customers to pre-order our in-house deli items.

Chief Executive Officer
Executive Office

"User friendly "

What do you like best?

I love the user friendly-ness of the app. It’s super easy to navigate and it explains everything in detail on the homepage. How you can integrate other sites, and there is no coding required. Just super easy and convenient.

What do you dislike?

Of course I wish the app was free. It’s something that in order to get real use of you need the monthly or yearly plan so you can take advantage of all the site has to offer. The free plan is there but doesn’t give you as much as the paid plans. They do have a lifetime plan which is kind of neat. So there are many options to suit whatever you need or can afford.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I reccomend thinking about what you really plan on doing with your app and choosing a payment plan based off that

I’m a mom of two girls and I try to be fit and lose weight while raising them but sometimes that gets hard. I was and am in the process of creating an app that is a fitness app for moms or anyone else that could use it. It would show workouts for on the go moms or moms that are trying to lose pregnancy weight , this app really aided in the app

Making process. It makes it super easy and there is even a live chat so I can ask any questions I have about the process right on the site.

Software Developer
(10,001+ employees)

"Appypie helps in making apps more simpler"

What do you like best?

What I like about Appypie is that it has got plenty of apps that can be built with its use, be it from the Church app to the Wedding app builder, it is always easy to build an app using AppyPie. It has a free plan with some basic and limited features to offer. With the Platinum plan, you can post your apps on different stores such as Play Store, and iStore with ease. So, it makes app development fun and easy to learn. For anybody who is new to making apps, or just wants to make one for fun, this software is for you. It’s easy to use and understand.

What do you dislike?

The only problem is for those who are more advanced in app development, as this tool doesn’t offer all the customization it would as a customary app builder. Other than that, it’s hard to spot any flaws in this useful software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Since it offers a 100% refund within 30 days, so one can try this software.

Well I have realized a lot of benefits actually. With such a good piece of easy to use software, small businesses who wants to promote goods can make an app without having to pay a lot for a developer or a

class. It's also a good investment to make an app that can be sold and make revenue.

Simulation Engineer (Program Coordinator II)
Education Management

"Easy as Pie"

What do you like best?

Drag and drop, fill in the blank, no coding necessary, cross-platform android, iOS, kindle, windows and more. App creation software so easy a 10 year old can do it...wait no, so easy a 50 year old could do it!

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a little high and the "lifetime" pricing option still has an annual fee to it that is not clear when you sign up but the customer service is top notch.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best for Android and web apps iOS is a little more complicated

I used the platform to help a friend make an app for his business that is now on the google play store and will be available on iOS soon as well

Assistant Software Engineer
Chemicals
(5001-10,000 employees)

"AppyPie “Make an App, as easy as Pie” "

What do you like best?

AppyPie is user friendly software which help to make an application for various purpose whichever suits the user requirement. The best part of it is that the users need not to learn any coding language in order to create an app, you just need to sign up and it is all set. Just navigate to create an App or Games which ever suits you , name it ,choose category, theme, fill the required details and you are done.

Also the customer support is pretty quick and they are good at resolving your issues quickly.

What do you dislike?

The point which I noticed is that most of the app which are in the market place are easily available on App Store like Play Store but I had to dig in deep to explore AppyPie as it cannot be easily found and it is a disadvantage for the them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The company needs to focus in the marketing field which would enable it to conquest most of the untapped market which is still needs to capture due to lack of awareness.

AppyPie helps small and medium business to develop apps through its lucid languages which helps users to make apps to reach out to new customers and also track their existing customers which will enable the business to grow and maintain their customer’s base.

Since mobile applications are one of the most trendy sales and marketing tool so it is proving out to be a boom for new ventures.

Mr

"Appy Pie best APP Builder."

What do you like best?

The platform meets all our needs and clients needs. Robust and full of features.

The support is great with a team ready at your disposal to answer and help 24/7.

What do you dislike?

Some times the language can be a bit hard to get understood but we are able to work it out if you are patient.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ease of use and a robust platform. Great if anyone doesn't have any coding experience.

As things progressed with our business, Appy Pie have helped us to sought through all the technical side of things. Which for any new start up is very important!

Products Centre Manager

"Customer/Support Service Experience"

What do you like best?

The support I got from a particular support staff was great. Nit was patient with me, made the effort to understand my challenges and worked with me to help resolve it.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately spent more time than I had anticipated to resolve the issues with my app. But it did get resolved eventually.

Built a suite of support services for distributors of a company, especially pricelists.

Flight Operations Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Great interface for simple apps"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly, great customer service, and filled my exact needs

What do you dislike?

PDF navigation could be fixed, add a table of content, page number, etc, apple is impossible to go back when reading some PDF's in the test app

Enhancing soldiers with communication info that was not available online or readily at hand. instant success, rave reviews among users, solving a problem with radio communications.

Senior Mortgage Consultant

"Vision Mortgage Inc. app Very responsive, Great Service"

What do you like best?

Tech Support is very responsive, working with Live Chat can walk anyone through most all issues

What do you dislike?

dealing with Apple Store is a very slow process

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am not a computer junky, working with Appy Pie made this task relatively easy to implement

My app has allowed me to generate more business by allowing people to apply for a Mortgage wherever they have phone service

"A miracle"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and customer service. Anytime I have needed assistance with the product, I have been able to reach a representative immediately. That means a lot to a business person such as myself, who is limited in hours and time. I need to be able to work at my leisure with immediate support. With this company I have just that.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike so far. The one recommendation I do have is to assist in the monthly or yearly fee the developer costs. As a first time developer I wasn't quite sure how it all worked.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend!

I am not experiencing any problems at this time. The benefits are I appreciate the efforts in making it easy to integrate with other social media websites such as facebook and snapchat.

"I needed help adding credentials for android and ios."

What do you like best?

I loved how helpful Nit was. Every one of my questions was answered in a clear and easy to understand way. I appreciated the links that were included in the answers so I knew exactly were to go to complete certain tasks.

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing that I didn't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just Do It!

I am creating an app with Appypie. I thought it was going to take an extremely long time to create an app and I also thought it would be incredibly complicated...but Appypie made it incredibly easy and fast!

New Business Development and Relationships Manager
Broadcast Media

"Great App Building System with Good Support"

What do you like best?

The site is easy to use and there are a good range of modules to add to your app. This was the first App building site we used and are very happy with the outcome that we have achieved.

What do you dislike?

If you can make your app work within the allowed modules it is great. If you have ideas outside of the existing modules you will need to request custom work to be done.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very easy to use system.

Our app provides specific content to our partner subscribers.

"Adventure App Building"

What do you like best?

The possibilities, In appy pie there are so many that I enjoy work with appypie…. for now

What do you dislike?

It is too big for small people … I mean every day a new problem an new idea but every day another person on chat ….. I know that is cheap that way but I do not like it …. support team on mail is total vaste of time.

little flexibility ….

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You have to try APPY to understain how good it is .... siply work fine ....

I do it …. I have an idea but freelancer are too expensive so appy was the only way to start my online bussiniess….

AB
(10,001+ employees)

"Best and easiest app builder out there "

What do you like best?

The web page interface made it great and fast to build or app. The tech team is fast and on top of it. The price is the best for the services the offer. Any time I had a ? they were on it. Not long wait times. Trust them 100%

What do you dislike?

No complaints from this app builder. I could not find anything I did not like. Easy and fast and like everything about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't think just go for it.

The only app like this in the State is going to grow or Company the way we want. Thank you. We will be able to reach client all over the world and connect in a different way then any other out there.

Web Developer

"Very good builder"

What do you like best?

The apps were all set up and released for me, they were exceptional at including personal details and are very ethical individuals. This business is truly one with a high competitive benefit, extraordinary google exposure, and an even much better customer care experience.

What do you dislike?

App home builder might utilize some more versatility functions however it does exactly what i require it to do in the meantime.

Building a great app for my website, with push notifications and a great design

licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
Mental Health Care
(Myself Only)

"Great customer service, responsive and resolved issues quickly. "

What do you like best?

Easily create apps with many options. Professional look with easy functionality.

What do you dislike?

No negatives to speak of. Possibly a heads up to possible problems.

Connecting with iPhones and people.

"Used for non profit app with no coding experiance"

What do you like best?

Ease of customization of the app you are making.

What do you dislike?

the Limited amount of things you can customize. The options were not always ideal and only put a band aid on the need

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will need to learn or know a decent amount about publishing apps to the google and itunes stores. Also the amount of interaction people can do with your app is limited and sometimes clunky. Many of our users got frustrated since it was harder to work with and not the ease they are used to with other apps.

We needed a way to inform and push information to many people during a event.

Mobile app developer

"Appypie short review."

What do you like best?

I like the product for its simplicity, with it I can easily build the application, and with the support team to publish it in the app store.The support team here will respond within minutes.

What do you dislike?

There are no special problems, the support team helped to solve them all.

Helps you develop and publish apps easily...

Director

"Great service!"

What do you like best?

Customer support is first class and I would highly recommend

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I found the online tutorial very easy to follow and when I was stuck the support was excellent

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product and service

was stuck in the final submission of my app and Alex was extremely knowledgable and helpful

"Like appy pie"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to make apps and the support if you don't understand something will help you.

What do you dislike?

A is little complicated to submit apps to app stores.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very easy to create an app with Appypie

We hope to be able to get more donors for our non-profit