AppointmentPlus Reviews & Product Details

AppointmentPlus Overview

What is AppointmentPlus?

AppointmentPlus is online appointment scheduling software that powers both large and small companies, including Bank of America, Campbell's Soup, Cargill, Coca-Cola, Costco, H&R Block, International Paper, GE, and many others. Online appointment scheduling is transforming the way customers interact with service providers. It has proven to be crucial during times of a pandemic with social distancing recommendations and ordinances affecting the way business is being done. From COVID testing health centers to large retail chains, online appointment scheduling provides an entirely new way to engage with those you serve. Our enterprise-scale, omni-channel appointment software uses the most modern, secure technologies to help businesses and institutions worldwide improve efficiency, save time, reduce costs, and generate more revenue. Over 50 of the Fortune 500 and thousands of medium and small businesses are using AppointmentPlus. What are you waiting for? Sign up for a quick demo today at try.appointmentplus.com/appointment-scheduling-software/.

AppointmentPlus Details

Serious scheduling. No monkey business.

AppointmentPlus Online Scheduling software allows for Multiple Appointments Per Time Slot. Many of our competitors do not have this feature out of the box.

AppointmentPlus
2001
Scottsdale, AR
@AppointmentPlus
Answer a few questions to help the AppointmentPlus community
Have you used AppointmentPlus before?

AppointmentPlus Reviews

Showing 29 AppointmentPlus reviews
Already have AppointmentPlus?
What do you like best?

The software is very sophisticated and you can tailor-made your appointment system in details. Also, the support team is very good. Always prompt and very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It works best on desktop and laptop platforms, but not so easy on mobile devices. I wish I could have an app for mobile devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have been using AppointmentPlus since August 2005 for over 15 years. I really like it as the software is very well designed and sophisticated. I think that I will continue using AppointmentPlus for the rest of my working life. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AppointmentPlus is essential for my business. My business does not function without AppointmentPlus at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Spiritual Counselor
What do you like best?

The simple way to perform reports to gather scheduled data and client data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, support tickets may take a day or two to resolve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When you setup your appointment and/or Event system, please give them a call, they are VERY resourceful and helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GREAT benefits to running a small business that takes reservations/appointments with NO NEED for a PA or secretary! No additional staff required! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

AppointmentPlus is flexible, powerful and is backed by people who care deeply about their customers success. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no negative opinions or dislikes regarding AppointmentPlus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Covid-19 it was a challenge to open up our offices to the public and AppointmentPlus gave us the tools to allow customers to schedule on-line and manage the influx people while keeping everyone safer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

I love that my customers can schedule their appointments at their convenience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have few complaints. Sometimes changes to prices or scheduling do not function properly. Usually due to an error on our part but their customer services is always helpful and prompt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We recommend AP for the peace of mind that AP is helping build my business, provides services to my customers faster and more conveniently than by phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP is like having a virtual staff that handles my schedule. It saves time and reduces my staffing cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Parents love the flexibility of choosing their own date and time. I love that I can see how many appointments there are and if I need to adjust staff, I can easily do it quickly and efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are times that I have to look around to find the area that I need to update. It seems to take a while to get an answer from customer help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Too many parents in the office space at the same time. Over crowding. Spreads out and makes our time more efficient Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can keep all appointments organized, that my staff can log in to see their appointments and I can print a detailed report at the end of the week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Scheduling someone without a phone number or email Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I went from paper and pencil appointments to online appointments Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How user friendly the platform is to use. Customer service is great and super helpful and very knowledgeable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t dislike anything. The platform is user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems. Easy to schedule and manipulate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AG
What do you like best?

Multiple options for varied setups allowing flexibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With so many options it can be easy to drop "into the weeds". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not hesitate to reach out to them if you have questions or difficulties. They have fast response and great assistance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allowed for transitioning to requiring appointments for customers with social distancing requirements covered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

The demo team knows their product inside out and can make everything look easy but it's another story when you do it yourself Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hidden costs for all features even the basic such as text reminders. For payment feature, they work with a third party company that charges an arm and a leg which fee the sales team didn't cover prior to signing you up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

1. The software is counter-intuitive, which will require much training time for your staff.

2. Hidden costs on all features even the most basic text reminders. From our research, many scheduling apps have made text/email reminders free. As for online payments, we'd recommend you consider apps that are already using gateways you are using such as Square, Stripe, etc. Appointment Plus uses a third party company that charges a monthly fee in addition to a percentage of each transaction which we don't find economical feasible or competitive to other scheduling apps out there.

3. They do NOT refund if anything goes south or the software doesn't perfect as promise which we find absolutely ridiculous and not an honest company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are bunch of tech savvy people here but the system is not user friendly. All aspects of the interface is counter-intuitive. The software itself is chunky and reminded us those old platforms used back in the 90's. What bothers us the most is the system capability is not as promised and all the hidden costs does not make the product feasible for us to continue. We reflected the problem to Appointment Plus and they would not issue a refund initially claiming that's their policy which we only got a copy after we paid for the annual fee. After they finally decided to give us the money back because we didn't even used the system, they took a hefty service fee. We reported them to BBB where many users had shared similar experience - http://tiny.cc/r0i6fz. Please do your own research before using this company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Manager
What do you like best?

Gets the job done – it would be an acceptable software if it was still 1999. The specialists who work there are nice and try to be helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cumbersome, not intuitive, outdated interface, and slow loading time. Why can't you just create a template within the event? Why is it a separate thing? The interface requires too many clicks to get to where you need to be. Many of the fields you need to fill out are unclear in their instructions. Sure, there are lots of options for customization, but with AppointmentPlus it comes with a high price: lack of user-friendliness and none of the modern touches (e.g. punchy colors, drag-and-drop, clear and fresh language) I've come to expect from any software I use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep looking for a more modern scheduling software (I still haven't figured out what would be a better alternative, but I'm sure it's out there). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allows us to create multiple events and schedule appointments for those events. There is customizability but it's very unwieldy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

I like how you can look at different views of the calendar. You can look at week , month or day view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is slow when you are adding an appointment . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make it quicker to schedule Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving time management. And I got my work done on time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accompanist
Music
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to schedule appointments and mark them as completed, rescheduled, no-show, etc. It is also very easy to add new customers and staff members. Overall, it is pretty user-friendly, so I don't have to worry about teaching new employees every single detail.

The phone app is definitely a plus. It is sometimes hard for staff members to get to a computer to complete their appointments, but they always have a phone with them.

The Recurring Appointment feature is VERY helpful as well and for the most part, pretty easy to maintain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is pretty expensive - since I have 15-20 users, I have to pay $149 per month. As a small business, that is a HUGE chunk of my budget. It's less if you don't have as many users - $49/month for just a few. I've looked into other programs mostly because of this price.

Also, the "Event" function has a flaw. I use this to schedule a class with multiple customers. However, it does not translate that to the Appointment schedule, and if you're not careful to also reserve a room on the schedule, you can double-book.

It would be nice if it also had an invoicing feature or connected with Quickbooks somehow. Perhaps it does and I just don't know how to do it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Overall, this is a very well-developed and useful program. Just be prepared to pay more for the more users you add. Expect a learning curve. Also, you only get phone support if you pay for a higher tier, which is kind of annoying. I would say the pros outweigh the cons, and I've never had major problems. They seem like they are always working on fixing things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The program gives me peace of mind knowing that rooms will not get double-booked for appointments. It cuts out a middle-man in terms of scheduling, as each user can access their own account from their phone or computer and manage their own schedule.

It has also helped me keep track of employees' hours for paycheck hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Research Assistant
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I like the ability to easily monitor my schedule and block off time if necessary. The color coding, which represents appointment status (cancellation, no show, complete, etc.) is also really useful for monitoring at a glance. It cuts out the middle man and gives my supervisor an idea of my progress via appointment notes along with allowing all necessary employees to access our clients’ appointment statuses in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There’s not much I dislike. Maybe it could be a little more user friendly in the ability to make changes to appointments without administrative access, but that may be individual to my company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use if you work closely with your supervisor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problems of organization and time management. The benefits are the ease of communication across employees and the ability to have clients schedule as necessary rather than only during my hours in office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I like that it is able to store all information about clients and counselors in one place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there is the option to schedule two clients in one appointment hour, I have had many double bookings because of this and user error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling and none other that I have reali Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that it is highly customizable to business needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The server is not very reliable and there are some customizations that do not always make sense Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Streamline appointment check in and store user appointment history and data - there are benefits in the sense that the system offers high customization; however, sometimes it can be difficult to understand how to create different landing pages in a way that is intuitive to users if they are not experienced with some sort of UX design principles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Easy to train the team. This product is user friendly and easy to navigate with lots of custom features available for your specific needs. The customer booking tool is easy to set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The level of support from the team. Account manager is seldom present for help or troubleshooting. Every time there is a release something seems to go wrong and the system goes down which causes mayhem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Right now they are making a lot of changes. The interface will be updated and a lot of things that should already be in place will be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to have customers schedule their own appointments online. The extensive reporting made available is very helpful for us to quickly take a glance at our daily appointments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Allows for detailed notes and when it functions properly, it has great features such as reminder emails and Confirmation emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We often experience technical issues. This site can be down for days at a time. Sometimes this site will function so slowly that it is not usable and stay that way for weeks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider something that does not experience these technical difficulties. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customers get confirmation emails and the company has a way to schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

That it is user friendly. Anyone can easily learn how to use this. It took me all of two minutes to figure out how to move around on the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The colors. And the fact that you can't move things around to make it work better for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a school program or a GED program this software is right for you. You can easily schedule classes, test, make note abut students. Everyone in the company and see and add notes as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to now schedule students for test, and keeping up with were they are in the process of working on their GED. Plus everyone in the company can see all the history and notes of each student. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The ability to book multiple appointments for each practitioner was very helpful in our practice. We used the functions of notes often to keep track of our patient status and to communicate between staff members in order to assure continuity of care. It was helpful that each of our staff members had their own log in and that each login was specified to the position they held (ability to provide certain services could be adjusted). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Whenever the company made adjustments to the site, we lost weeks of data and had to completely retrain our staff. This was detrimental because our company relied on the notes taken through the system in order to update insurance companies and create plans of care for our patients. It also would take the company weeks to make changes if we found glitches in our system. We often would have to manually schedule patients and make handwritten schedules for the day to post on the office wall because we could not rely on Appointment Plus to be correct. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a back up of your information and your current schedule saved elsewhere when they mention they are going to make updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to track appointments that a customer has had since they became a customer is great. It is very helpful for our billing team as well as our therapists in recalling past appointments and how to continue care. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very easy to select a date on a visual calander with drop downs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It lags when there is more than one person logged into the system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

So that it does not lag Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling tax appointments Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can see my schedule from my phone and computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how I have to enter my password every time to log in despite telling the app to "remember my login." Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to track hours spent doing different projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Ability to see the rooms and who is scheduled in the rooms we have at what time in a very clear set up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to change things in the system. Will give random error messages with no real explanation as to why they are happening. IT support very slow to respond when issues arise especially after updates to system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling clients quickly is the business problem being solved. It is quick to put in a client and schedule them leaving us more time to speak to more clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AW
What do you like best?

The AP folks are accessible and flexible, and there are a lot of appointment options. I have to set up individual and multi-client appointments, create different schedules for different staff members, and change session lengths on alternate weeks. I'm able to do all of this. The system has been online and easy to access consistently for our clients--only very occasional outage "blips," and AP staff are prompt with resolutions. Their support staff is also polite, flexible, efficient, and prompt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one area that could improve is how information is written up in the Knowledge Base. I still find errors, crucial steps omitted, and lack of important specific details. However, I can also see that AP is working on improving their written help materials, and staff are polite and accommodating if I have questions or concerns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are thrilled with how much more manageable AP has made it to schedule a variety of appointment types and clients. Their service has made scheduling, tracking, and analytics easier than our previous paper-based system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Information System Analyst
Entertainment
What do you like best?

I love the analytical reporting features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the access levels. It would be incredibly convenient to be able to give users access to calendars of my choosing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

New hire on-boarding and training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Search Associate
Staffing and Recruiting
What do you like best?

We’ve tried a bunch of schedulers, as well. We settled on Appointment-Plus. It’s the most flexible one we’ve come across. It’s not as pretty as some of the others, but that doesn’t bother me. I just need it to work. Appointment-Plus works great for us. The web site address is www.appointment-plus.com. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They continue to refine the timezone options. I make a lot of appointments with people who live in other timezones! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can not say enough positive things about their support! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Appointment Plus helps to not go back and forth a bunch of times to find a good time to communicate! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.