Amazon WorkSpaces

3.9

Amazon WorkSpaces is a secure desktop computing service that runs on the AWS cloud it allows provision cloud-based virtual desktops and provide users access to the documents, applications, and resources needd from any supported device, including Windows and Mac computers, Chromebooks, iPads, Fire tablets, and Android tablets.

Work for Amazon WorkSpaces?

Learning about Amazon WorkSpaces?

Amazon WorkSpaces Reviews

Showing 42 Amazon WorkSpaces reviews
Amazon WorkSpaces review by Luis Filipe O.
Luis Filipe O.

"Great workspace to access anywhere"

What do you like best?

The flexibility to work anywhere is fantastic and the possibility to work in various systems. You can have the application in Mac and windows.

What do you dislike?

The application is simple and works great, but we can't transfer files easily to the workspace.

A functionality that can transfer files from our machine to the workspace via the application will make this fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The app is simple to install, very easy to use and is fast.

I use it to work remotely. Since I use a Mac, and the software is only available in windows this is the solution we have. But the best part is that we can continue working from every computer with internet.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Amazon WorkSpaces
Amazon WorkSpaces review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Using AWS Workspaces "

What do you like best?

Workspaces allows you to easily have a desktop in the cloud, and do work with a GUI that would otherwise have to be done using the terminal/command line in an EC2 instance.

What do you dislike?

Workspaces can sometimes lose connection for no reason even when the network is working fine, and will need to be rebooted which takes time away from development tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worksapces is great

doing cloud developments using AWS. Workpaces alows us to connect to other internally hosted software products that are used for our daily development.

What Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution do you use?

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Ejaz M.
Ejaz M.

"Recommended for All Who Travel Frequently "

What do you like best?

In my opinion, WorkSpaces is a quite impressive and unique take of Amazon on cloud computing. Amazon has attempted to give users with true personal cloud experience. It is beyond simple cloud storage. I have prepared a Windows 7 PC with freedom of whatever kind of hardware I required. The best is it as true desktop experience and is just like using physical laptop or PCs I use. I have connected remotely from different ISP networks and it worked most of the times. I am thinking of leaving my personal laptop at home and use any low spec windows tab for accessing my WorkSpace.

What do you dislike?

Amazon can totally count me in on WorkSpaces if they can address the lag / latency issues which start randomly during sessions. Second thing to be addressed is the time Amazon App takes to connect to my WorkSpace. I understand that technically it can relate to my own ISP connection but I have faced the same issue of multiple networks since I travel a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every IT professional show give WorkSpaces at least one shot. Its truly worth the time you will spent.

As tech professional heading networks & software development teams in our Company which has more than 150 employees across the globe, I see a very plausible implementation of WorkSpaces, where I will create an active directory based LAN network and they can login to their workstations regardless of their locations and type of hardware they might have. This will help me in data protection, governance, maintenance of our custom software, plus ease of access for employees.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Arnel M.
Arnel M.

"Remote Workers!"

What do you like best?

Managing hardware for remote users and or temporary workers and contractors can cause a lot of issues with spin up and compliance in what is on their devices. Workspaces allows us to control what they use and what they can access regardless of what device they bring.

What do you dislike?

Web client is not as performant or good as installed client. Would be cool to have some sort of bootable OS or thumbdrive to ship.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FOr quick and easy VDI WOrkspaces is a great place to look. You can control what is on the workspace along with where it can go and what it can access.

Remote workers and contractors provisioning equipment for work.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by User

"Allows for convenient and remote use"

What do you like best?

I like how AWS provides a space to get work done, and then be able to access that space from any other computer or device. It is simple to use.

What do you dislike?

There are no real downsides of using AWS. The problems encountered have been very minor, such as freezing momentarily upon viewing full screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AWS is worth it for the remote capabilities and much more.

Amazon WorksSpaces allows employees to work remotely, or wherever they may be. Scheduling can sometimes be difficult in this day and age, so having this option is great.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by User in Internet

"I use email only"

What do you like best?

I like that it allows you to have desktop notifications.

What do you dislike?

There is no friendly way to check the email over an app on my phone. I have to log in on browser and is annoying. Also, is not mobile friendly. I haven't tried but it looks like there are no integrations to send mass email (like YAMM for gmail). It will not automatically forward emails to my zendesk either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not mobile friendly, you can potentially have work-life balance this way.

Communications. We have it integrated with zendesk too but is not very user friendly and we cannot forward emails automatically like in google. Because we have teams in China we use this server.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by James F.
James F.

"Amazon review"

What do you like best?

The application is very easy to navigate. I store all my data files on s3.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how undeleting files in s3 requires undeleting files one at a time. Multi-undelete functionality would be useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AWS products are used by our Analytics teams and Engineering teams, making it easy for transitions of projects from team to team.

We're using AWS to train models, build features, store data. s3 is the underlying storage system for all data that our team uses and generates.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Jason H.
Jason H.

"Amazon Workspaces"

What do you like best?

I like that you can access your workspace from anywhere and on different platforms.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you can't share your workspace with another user and no out of the box RDP Access

Recommendations to others considering the product

would like to see the ability to share workspaces instead of just one user per workspace.

We use it as a VDI solution to access production workloads in different VPCs

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Easy Setup VDIs"

What do you like best?

The best part of the solution is to have multiple size choices to choose based on what the user will be performing on the machine and now that they support Linux is awesome.

What do you dislike?

We wanted Linux version of VDIs and now we have it. I like it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are applications are still hosted in on-premise, make sure you open necessary firewall ports for users to access the applications from their workspaces.

We were having performance issues with existing VDI solution on Hyper-V. Now we are experience better performance results after moving to workspaces.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by heidi s.
heidi s.

"WOrkspaces"

What do you like best?

Seems to act just like a personal computer.

What do you dislike?

We have had trouble determinng apporpriate sizeing of the workspace for perforemance. different team members have different software that are heavy consumers

We are using it for acccess to developer tools in AWS, chose to do this vs on prem develmoplment

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Jamie O.
Jamie O.

"Great Idea"

What do you like best?

I like how this is a great solution to access apps and docs form my desktop in the cloud from other devices. Brilliant!

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure as of yet. I assume security is solid but it's new and I'm not sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try a demo

Accessing business cases in meetings with customers when I don't have my laptop with me from my phone.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Marleigh G.
Marleigh G.

"It Gets the Job Done"

What do you like best?

It is relatively easy to use. Once logged in, all of my information is accessible and the addition of a private data file is great.

What do you dislike?

It can crash or give me issues while logging on. You should have strong internet service if you plan to use it.

It helps keep me organized and ensures there are backups to all important documents.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Fair cost/benefit"

What do you like best?

It contains multiple applications, some of them free.

What do you dislike?

A little complicated to navigate. Some of the options like the s3 bucket are not very convenient when trying to find and pull information quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Train your users and coordinate transition with plenty of time

Share multiple applications and folders with other users

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Eric G.
Eric G.

"Ease of access."

What do you like best?

I like that the links allow for other users to modify information but retain the original as well.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that sometimes in order to view information the previous user needs to log out and close prior to next user.

None

Amazon WorkSpaces review by sarah w.
sarah w.

"It's good"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Amazon work space is it's easy and useful for work space.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Amazon workspace is that I can not invite others to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use

What business problems that I am solving is an easy way to file share

Amazon WorkSpaces review by shawn t.
shawn t.

"Low overhead"

What do you like best?

low cost, flexible solution for providing our end users systems that are accessible from anywhere, anytime

What do you dislike?

somewhat limited flexibility in the architecture design, but getting better as new features are announced

replacing expensive on prem VDI infrastructure

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Enable external partners secure, managed access to internal applications"

What do you like best?

Centralized management, no need to manage individual PCs remotely, secure access to managed desktops, quick rollout and implementation, easy user enrollment, works from any device and endpoint

What do you dislike?

No pooled pricing option, need to recompose all workspaces when have to increase the size of subnets, needing separate AD connectors for each user group

Centralized management, cycle time reduction for end users, improving user experience, ensuring end user device support

Amazon WorkSpaces review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Create moses application"

What do you like best?

The setup and organizations. The templates are larger as well.

What do you dislike?

It is a little slow when I login to the server I have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like the setup. Sometimes it takes a while for the connection to log me in.

I am able to share workspace with my funder and city hall. I make it easier for all to see the amazon workspace screen.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Administrator

"Good for admins, some issues for devs/power options"

What do you like best?

web based log in option, ease of setup, ease of user from the user perspective.

What do you dislike?

issues with searching/indexing (known issue), sometimes experience crashes/freeze ups despite using power level workspaces.

moved from vmware, was hosting vm host on prem and was able to move that out of data center. Multiple users in remote locations who do not have a company provided laptop to run company programs/data

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Administrator

"Excellent Less-on-Prem hardware solution"

What do you like best?

Elasticity. Procurement of more/less powerful machines takes minutes instead of months.

What do you dislike?

Nothing significant so far. Very minor latency; some administration tools.

We are in the process of evaluating WorkSpaces instead of a traditional hardware refresh, which would not only save money, but also allow the business to respond quickly to changes in human resources and compute power.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Just use S3 for testing our sites on as staging server .

What do you dislike?

Some of the UI experience is a little convoluted

dev / stage site testing

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Great way to spin up desktops quickly"

What do you like best?

The speed at which you can build a desktop. You can keep your developers working with no delay.

What do you dislike?

It is billed per hour, so we have to make sure sessions are not being wasted.

We can provide developers with new machines for development of new technologies without imaging a new computer each time. It definitely reduces the need for hardware.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Amazon workspaces"

What do you like best?

The ease of setting up systems for new employees or contractors without having to buy hardware and computers

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. It is an awesome product

Recommendations to others considering the product

absolutely remove your desktops and computers

and go cloud

Do not have to buy the computers

Easily accessible from anywhere as long as we have internet connection

Everything is cloud based

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Administrator

"Workspaces enables remote users to stay connected"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly stand up new desktops for remote users

What do you dislike?

No self service password change, and no forcing a user to change password on login when their password.expires in AD

Allow remote employees to access on site services. It is quick to standup and easy to use

Amazon WorkSpaces review by User

"seemless access to remote machines"

What do you like best?

I love seemless access to remote machines that are hosted on amazon workspaces.

What do you dislike?

there is nothing to disclike about amazon workspaces.

we wanted to have access to about 50 remote machines for our test env and we amazon workspaces was the solution we zeroed in on.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Good system "

What do you like best?

The system is fast and flexible at the same time

What do you dislike?

So far, I do not dislike anything, but I have not been using it for long enough

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended. The pay-as-you-go plan is very helpful for small businesses.

I am solving the inability to work during time away from my office by

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Consultant in Information Services
Consultant in Information Services

"Love AWS"

What do you like best?

- Very useful services

- Scales easily

- Great technical support teams

What do you dislike?

- Pricing

- Professional services / partner teams are not proactive

- Large file scraping at constant time and a fraction of the cost

- Data consolidation into an AWS data lake for concurrent workloads

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Administrator

"Limited Exposure but I like what I seeq"

What do you like best?

Secure and work on multiple clients, conviently and easily

What do you dislike?

still working on this one, probably delivering the legal documents to our legal department and how long it takes to review them

work from anywhere securely and on the device of your choosing

"Handy when it works"

What do you like best?

Once set up correctly, it provides consistent environments for all of our developers.

What do you dislike?

We had difficulties setting it up initially, but working with AWS it is getting better.

Each AWS WorkSpace environment is the same for all users and easy to provision.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Administrator

"Easy to use - easy to deliver"

What do you like best?

No need to deploy VMs. Easily supports custom apps. Gives users power to their desktop.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fat client. The web client is easier to use but doesn't always work for all VMs

Access to desktop anywhere anytime

Amazon WorkSpaces review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"product and services are some of the easiest and best virtual workspaces I have worked with"

What do you like best?

the product and services are some of the easiest one available. It has the best virtual worskpace i had ever worked with

What do you dislike?

NOt always easy to implement. Interface esssentially non functional in android

Business problems like virualization. Remote desktopping etc werre the good benefits of it.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Best place to collaborate "

What do you like best?

The way Amazon workspaces enables collaboration between colleagues is out of the box

What do you dislike?

It is good to use but gives less agility in terms of integrating with external systems

We are using amazon web services as a platform as well as for backup

"Awesome "

What do you like best?

Quick to provision. Secure. Excellent platform to trial software among a scalable user and tester base. Easy to refresh.

What do you dislike?

Inflexible pricing plan for persistent sessions and state machines.

Quick providioninh for trial software.

Amazon WorkSpaces review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great virtual workspace for users"

What do you like best?

The ability to app stream out to users and quarentine work for contractors

What do you dislike?

Cost can be prohibting and the entry time can be a challenge

The ability to reliably scale out VM to other users is amazing

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Administrator

"just like ms remote desktop"

What do you like best?

it works. it's like remote desktop but it's inside the cloud environment

What do you dislike?

it's really, really dog slow to start your workspace

access to databases inside of aws without port forwarding

"It's all right."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to run linux or Windows in the AWS stack

What do you dislike?

The Mac client is very unstable and buggy.

Giving access to stateside resources to offshore developers.

"Great for single use"

What do you like best?

Its great for admin users who just need to hop onto a computer

What do you dislike?

Its sometimes a little laggy, and hard to manage applciations

Admin compute workstations

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Agency in Insurance
Agency in Insurance

"Not as expected"

What do you like best?

I really love the flexibility to work anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The system is MUCH slower than we were told it would be.

I love the ability to login from any workstation!

Amazon WorkSpaces review by User

"use im my apple devices"

What do you like best?

the security and data prevent lost, can be used on bod

What do you dislike?

latence for Brazil is a probleme to access

security and compliance for 3rd parties

Amazon WorkSpaces review by Consultant

"Workspaces review"

What do you like best?

Rapid delpoyment `

What do you dislike?

off shore response time, would like to see more endpoints for authentication and use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rapid deployment of user desktops

consolidated desktop management

Amazon WorkSpaces review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"AWS"

What do you like best?

Great savings, Flexibility and Agile helping us quickly spin up the environments any time.

What do you dislike?

Dependency like always reaching out for issues.

Infrastructure dependency and security issues.

"Flexible "

What do you like best?

Amazon WorkSpaces give us the flexiblity to Work from anywhere

What do you dislike?

interface has opportunity for improvement

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for your DR design

scalibity

Learning about Amazon WorkSpaces?

* We monitor all Amazon WorkSpaces reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.