Okay this is going to be a bit detailed. What do I like about Zenkit?
- First off, that Calendar integration, oh my. It is instant, it is both ways, it is perfect. It really amazes me how fast that is. Incredible.
- Second, the combination of tasks list and Kanban view is perfect. I almost always find my self using the Kanban view because it let's me see the process with a bird's eye view. And when I want something simple I switch to the list view.
- Third, the amount of views you have: List view, Kanban view, Mindmap view and Calendar view! If that does not blow your mind, let me tell you, these guys are working on more, and you can easily interchange between any of them in a matter of seconds.
- Let me talk about the mindmap (you already know what that is), but have you imagined to easily change in your project, your life-long project, between a Kanban view and a Mindmap view?: It is amazing if you have a central idea and then you can see your mind map as a step by step process with the Kanban view.
- And lastly, the fact that you can create your own Custom Field and on top of that you can create simple calculations, like Sum all hours worked on the "Doing stage". The versatility and flexibility of Zenkit is just simply amazing.
There's no mobile app and the web mobile version seems slow. So for someone who is always on the move it might not be great, but for someone who is most of his/her time on a desktop Zenkit will be perfect.
The following are more like feature requests because I really want Zenkit to become the best it can be:
1. Some times it can be a bit slow when there are too many items on view.
2. When a list in the Kanban view gets too long and I want to create a card and immediately send it up top, it does not work, I have to reload the page and then send it to the top (while scrolling to the quick menu 50 positions)
2.1. There should be a dedicated button to send up top/bottom.
3. There should be a way to add a condition on the called "Assigned to: No one".
4. There should totally be more extensions. Today we use Discord (same as Slack) as a video chat app at Wagglio, and if we could notify changes directly to a channel it would be even easier to communicate work between us.
4. The most important one for last: There should be another view called Gantt that helps you assign dependencies between items (I'm a die-hard fan of planning and a Gantt graph is just in my nature)
My main recommendation is this: if you are a small team like us and are actually using something like Trello, Asana, Wunderlist or any other like that, switch now, you are gonna thank me later.
At wagglio.co we use it to organize all our tasks, for brain-storming sessions and we are on the way to implement it as a support system with different stages to help our users. An integration with Zendesk would totally help.
We use it to mindmap ideas and to organize our calendars, we use it to collect notes on meetings (an integration with Google Docs would be greatly appreciated) and we use it to map our short and medium term objectives.
I mean, if you haven't noticed yet, this is the app to conquer chaos in any organization and its flexibility conquers any alternative, that is why I would totally recommend it to anyone.