Yesware

Yesware is an email tool for salespeople. Track emails, create templates, CRM sync, and more. Yesware helps you close more deals faster.

Work for Yesware?

Learning about Yesware?

Yesware Reviews

Ask Yesware a Question
Showing 555 Yesware reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Yesware
Yesware review by Michelle C. O.
Michelle C. O.

"Helps me do my job"

What do you like best?

I like that I can schedule my emails to be send any day or time that is convenient for me and my customer. I can prepare all my emails and have it sent out at the appropriate times. This makes my job much easier! I also like that I get notified right away when my email is opened and every time it is opened. Highly recommend this to anyone in a customer facing role.

What do you dislike?

There is no downside for me that I have experienced. I don't see why using YesWare would be an issue for anyone. If anything it just makes your life easier. I would not change anything about this product.

The problem I am solving is sending the right messages at the right time. You have certain times in the day when you are free to draft all your emails but don't necessarily want it sent at that time. It's also great to know that your email has been read to make you figure out the best next steps and when to do them.

What Sales Engagement solution do you use?

Yesware review by Michelle G.
Michelle G.

"I LOVE YESWARE!! "

What do you like best?

I love that it keeps tracks of my emails. I can see how often they open and where they are opening it. Also shows what type of device they are using to open it. It is affordable and my company uses it and has been using it for awhile. I would recommend anyone using. It helps me weed out some of the bogus leads I receive. We receive a lot of inquires online and a lot of time we are not sure if the emails are legit. Using Yesware really helps elimate some of those bogus emails so we can move on to clients that are truly interested in our product and solution.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Yesware. Its been a great tool. If anyone wants to be able to keep track of emails I would use and recommend YESWARE. There is nothing bad about this at all. I have no negitive feedback

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like to track emails and I would recommend Yesware

Making my time more valuable - I can tell if I am receiving a bogus lead or a more solid lead. I am a sales person so this system comes in handy and a great tool to use. I can tell how many times a client opens my email and if they receifed my emails so I do not have to bother them asking "did you get my email". I know they did because I see them opening it up.

Yesware review by Frances J. L.
Frances J. L.

"CRM that is easily complemented with gmail."

What do you like best?

Speller and grammar checker English

It is an ideal tool for CRM, using the mail that we normally use for various tasks, with this application you can use both outlook and gmail mail, since the application integrates perfectly with these two, and makes them a tool of very complete crm, not only you have all the functions that gmail provides, but also, you have all the new features that adhere thanks to Yesware, the application has a good monthly cost, it is not very expensive,so you can use any person, or any company, give this tool to your employees, the templates that this application gives us are very good, also can be edited easily, which helps a lot in the work, when you need to give quick and professional answers.

What do you dislike?

I like to use the advertising blocker in my browser, since normally when I use gmail, which is the client where we use Yesware, I usually have some conflicts with this add-on, sometimes I have to unblock it so that the application works correctly I do not understand why, many people we use, advertising blocker, I do not think it's the only one, also if you pay for this application, the blocker should not have any problem, and work with it, without problem some colleagues, I have been told that the application gives them some conflicts with certain applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Personally, I really like this application, it integrates perfectly with my email client, and has the features that I need, to love my work every day.

It is a fantastic complement to the mail client that is being used, the main mail can be used, and to give a complete follow up to all the mails that are sent to the different people, we can know specifically what people think about the information that we send them, this is fantastic, so we can collect valuable information that helps us improve a lot in the provision of our services.

Yesware review by Dawn R M.
Dawn R M.

"Yesware is my sales Secret Weapon!"

What do you like best?

At times, when I'm drumming up new business for my social media firm, I send out cold emails. Yesware allows me to see who's interacting with my sales letters. These are leads I follow up on 1st. This tool is hands-down a must-have for salespeople. Also, the templates are awesome! Such a huge time-saver when you're sending out dozens of emails.

What do you dislike?

I've never had an issue with this extension. I've had a billing hiccup once and it was my own fault. The staff treated me with respect and even helped me out!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an easy to use extension. If you're looking to close sales based on how people interact with your sales letters, you need to install Yesware.

After sending a cold email, reaching out to people who are actively looking at your website and social profiles is imperative for stellar follow-up. I've closed more sales by knowing who's engaging and when than I can count. I would not do a sales job without this service.

Yesware review by Laura G.
Laura G.

"Helpful tool for Account Management "

What do you like best?

I love using the remind feature to help stay on top of my accounts and next action items needed. I also love the Google Cal sync to Salesforce. Templates have helped me operationalize our support for my team which started as a team of 1 and is now 12- a streamlined and consistent communication resource has been greatly appreciated.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that mail merge was taken away and I don't like that you can't have an account in 2 campaigns at once

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super helpful if you are doing Customer Success where you have typical outreach but it needs a component of personalization

Managing a large amount of accounts and contacts while providing personalized touches and supports. Yesware helps me track progress but more importantly stay on top of next steps with my accounts and personalized communications to our growing customer base

Yesware review by Marilyn Q.
Marilyn Q.

"Great Tool for Keeping Track of Sales Activity"

What do you like best?

Yesware is very helpful in tracking my email opens and replies. I was able to create customized templates to make sending emails a much more efficient process. The best part is that it integrates directly with my CRM system so that all replies show up as on Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Yesware doesn't sync emails correctly on my CRM system (Salesforce). When a decision maker responds with "not interested" I typically log that so that it will show up on Salesforce. However, sometimes I have to this twice.

Yesware helps me be efficient. With the templates I am able to create, I can send emails very quickly. The instant notifications when a merchant opens an email helps me stay on top of things. Yesware is also very easy to customize. You can add your own templates and check reports of your activity.

Yesware review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Yesware review"

What do you like best?

I like the instant pop-ups when someone opens an email as an indicator to call them. I also like how campaigns keep me organized and structured in my outreach as that has always been a weakness of mine.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how people aren't pulled out of campaigns after a phone connection. It would be nice to have these automatically exited, or to have at least an option to remove myself from the campaign after a connect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around in a trial first if possible and always check up on campaigns. They can make you look silly at times with automatic bump emails sent to people who have responded to you.

Provides insight as to who opens emails which helps me tailor my outreach.

There are many benefits to the platform. Organizatoion has always been a weekness of mine, but Yesware has helped me to get passed that roadblock.

Yesware review by Dave K.
Dave K.

"I love Yesware! It saves and makes me money! "

What do you like best?

I love knowing that my email has been read and that I get notified when they come back to it. The best story I have to date is I earned a $15,000 pay day because of Yesware tracking an old email I sent to a prospect. It's not the only time it's happened either. It also is very helpful from a legal standpoint. I've had folks claim they didn't receive an email I sent that had important information in it and when I showed them the tracking log of them opening it many many times they shamefully admitted they received it.

What do you dislike?

Not much! I only wish it was possible to know exactly who opened an email when sending to multiple people.

Closing sales with old prospects by following up after they'd opened an old email I had sent.

Yesware review by Ken T.
Ken T.

"Easy email tracking for a good price"

What do you like best?

The templates are great when you need to do a mass email campaign. It's easily customizable and you can sort them based on your needs (prospecting, following up, nurturing, etc).

What do you dislike?

The email tracking is sometimes not that accurate - if you open the email from your phone sometimes it says that another recipient has opened the email but it's really you. Email scheduling (send later) is also glitchy sometimes - it doesn't send on time or it says it's scheduled but it's stuck in your drafts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You're able to do a trial before you sign up! Definitely let your team try it out before you commit to paying for it.

I have been able to cut down on cold emailing. Yesware also reminds you to follow up on certain emails that haven't been responded to so you don't forget. If you're working late at night and want to send emails in the morning, the email scheduling tool is useful!

Yesware review by Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.

"Great CRM! Highly Recommend"

What do you like best?

I love Yesware because it is extremely easy to use and navigate. Having switched from SalesForce to Yesware, I have found I prefer Yesware across the board. I love the visualization of my pipeline, and that it organizes my opportunities on who I have last contacted, ensuring I never let a lead go stale. It is very intuitive for me.

What do you dislike?

I wish the keyboard shortcuts would tie directly to an opportunity

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple straight forward CRM look no further. This is like using an Apple created CRM vs a Microsoft one, everything seems intuitive and very simple and straightforward.

The biggest problem I have solved is keeping on top of leads, I sort mine by last touched so that I never go more than 3 days without contact.

Yesware review by Hostinger M.
Hostinger M.

"Yesware helped lift our outreach to another level"

What do you like best?

Yesware has given our team the ability to track and optimize our outreach templates to the max. We are able to see the open and reply rates which then allows us to make sure that we're sending only the best pitches. Also, their weekly report helps us to manage our team's performance.

What do you dislike?

We'd like to see a dashboard of performance metrics when we log in to our account on yw.com. Rather than having to download the report as a .csv

Recommendations to others considering the product

YW will make your outreach much more detailed, optimized and accurate. The ability to track the email open rate is amazing for our company.

Optimizing our outreach pitches, getting new partners on board, measuring our email performance, making sure we deliver our emails to the right people on the right time.

Yesware review by Nathan V.
Nathan V.

"Simple way to manage emails"

What do you like best?

The best aspects of Yesware are being able to send many emails (up to 200) at a time in one mail merge and also being able to track who has read them. Using email templates also makes life much easier when drafting up messages to send to the masses.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are icons that pop up that are distracting and unnecessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you send a lot of emails to your customers and want to track when and how often they open your emails I would definitely recommend it. If you have many customers on the opposite coast, I would also recommend it. If neither of those apply to you, maybe it isn't worth the price but it certainly adds value to our company.

We are able to prospect more efficiently with Yesware. It also gives us a good idea of when a customer is on their email and when they are not.

Yesware review by Mike D.
Mike D.

"Yesware is an amazing efficiency tool for my business."

What do you like best?

It's simple, user-friendly, and saves me a ton of time. It would literally take me months to do the same amount of work manually. Campaigns have been a huge success for me and It's been instrumental in helping me schedule intro meetings with new prospects, follow-up demos, training for current customers, etc.

What do you dislike?

It's not a big issue, but sometimes links or attachments within my campaigns can mess with formatting but that may be on the email provider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yesware will help you be 10x more efficient than you would without it. It just works!

It allows me to prospect in mass, but also be very targeted and strategic. Most importantly, it really helps schedule new meetings and reduce the amount of communication required to do so.

Yesware review by Camille K.
Camille K.

"Yesware is the best!"

What do you like best?

I've been using Yesware for years now and couldn't be happier with it. It's great to know your emails are actually being received, your attachments are being reviewed and sometimes forwarded to others. It's helped me keep my clients on their toes and also kept them honest.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about yesware although I wish I could see more detail that went back farther than 30 days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best for email tracking and presentation tracking - do it

I love being able to know my clients or recipients are receiving and reviewing emails and presentations, contracts, etc. This prevents me from harassing people because I already know it's been received and reviewed - I also know when they're telling me the truth.

Yesware review by Blake E.
Blake E.

"Gets the job done, cost effective, easy set up"

What do you like best?

Helps me send targeted email campaigns at massive scale.

Helps me see which subject lines resonates with target customers. Helps see which target customer groups are more likely to open/reply to my outreach.

What do you dislike?

Plugin is buggy, requires reloading/refreshing more than I'd like. The template labs are sometimes confusing to navigate.

Dislike not being able to schedule a specific time for the follow up emails - they go out at the same time as the initial email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out a bit sending emails to yourself - sometimes the formatting appears off in receiver inboxes.

As the first sales person for a small startup, I need to send a lot of targeted emails to potential customers. Yesware helps me set up campaigns in advance so I can spend one day setting all the campaigns up for the next few weeks and spend my days on calls with customers instead of copy/pasting emails. Huge time saver. Helps me see which campaigns are more successful than others with metrics/reporting.

Yesware review by Richard M.
Richard M.

"Over 200k Emails Sent Using Yesware - Still My Favorite EMAIL Solution"

What do you like best?

I have been a loyal user of Yesware since 2015. I still believe it is the best solution available for mass emails and managing prospects. customers and co-worker communication. Excellent interface in both Gmail & Outlook. Email management is top notch and still unparalleled by any other solution to date. That being said...

What do you dislike?

On the negative side Yesware launched their latest mail merge management module in 2018- "Campaigns". Although it has many great features for the mass emailer, Yesware has failed to provide basic bug fixes that bog down it use. Lack of communication about the road map for repairs and a general lack of desire to be responsive has me looking at other solutions in 2019.

Mass Emil Management & contact effectiveness management.

Yesware review by Alexander S.
Alexander S.

"Growing with a Long Way to Go"

What do you like best?

Yesware functions as a means of tracking e-mail engagement, creating a sequence or cadence for Sales/Marketing follow-up, provide analysis across a team for campaigns and emails sent and connects to our database for digestible information directly into our e-mail client.

The best: real-time tracking of the e-mails, clicked links, and engagement. You can attach presentations which will give you rep[orts on time engaged and pages scrolled through on that specific report.

What do you dislike?

Yesware is set up for a specific type of business. You can see this in the way they setup with Salesforce to only pull Contacts and Leads into their MailMerge and Touchpoints. It's been an issue I've raised several times - add in a direct pull from Opportunity lists in Salesforce otherwise you're really only catering to a business model that goes P2P or B2C. As an Account Executive, I get the impression this product doesn't fully support my workflow.

1. It slows down my browsing session by running in the background.

2. I don't like that I can't just save a sent e-mail as a template for use later.

3. I don't like that when I'm doing a MailMerge drip campaign that adding in a new template will reset the subject line

4. I don't like that I can't manually add contacts with Email and First name and have to upload as a total .CSV file which restricts adding people to a campaign that I would've received in my pipeline mid-campaign.

5. By not allowing for an Opp list to be pulled from Salesforce I'd wager that 75% of my team doesn't regularly use this tool.

6. MailMerge drip campaigns can't set different times to send throughout the day from Stage to Stage - everything is locked in from 1 set time of the day.

7. There's no way of segmenting a group of people for PST, CST, EST on a list to send at particular 'hot times' across the country.

8. Analytics need a LOT of work to accurately portray how people are interacting with my drip campaigns. There's also no great way of pulling the entire data on a completed campaign to assess how well the campaign did. If I have 3 stages I have to pull 3 different reports.

9. Team analytics don't accurately track individual components like Subject Lines or trackable links to better understand how my team efforts could be made more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your business model and what your team actually needs. It provides some great advantages in a team that's looking to scale but for larger teams that are more seasoned there need to be more developments made before your team will feel comfortable adopting the tech.

The biggest problem Yesware solves is figuring out how people are reacting to the content you produce via e-mail. I work in Sales and constantly need to know how my prospects are interacting with what I'm sending. Yesware allows me to keep a finger on the pulse of my pipeline.

Yesware review by Agency
Agency

"Great piece of software for many different professionals"

What do you like best?

The beautiful part of Yesware is that it just works. Allows me to ensure an email was read and potentially shared with another person and/or how many times it was opened. They have a great sidebar within Outlook which is a great way to not have to log into their portal.

What do you dislike?

The are no downsides to Yesware other than sometimes it gives outlook a bit of a problem when booting up. There are a number of ways to fix this and their team is super responsive when asking for support and had me up and running in just a few minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only other recommendation as mentioned in another question is to be patient with configuring if you have an issue with booting Outlook.

Being an independent consultant with an agency it allows me to leverage it in a couple of different area's including client emails, outbound sales emails and confirmations.

Yesware review by Brad A.
Brad A.

"If time is $, YesWare has made me $$$$"

What do you like best?

The email templates are amazing. Instead of searching my inbox for an email I've sent previously so I can cut & paste, making several tweaks for a new customer/sales rep, and then sending it to the customer/sales rep, I can just create a template with drop downs. I've made dozens of templates saving me SO much time. I absolutely love it.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to ensure duplicate info gets pulled from Subject into the body of the email. For instance, if I insert <Project #> into the subject, and then insert the actual project # into that space, I'd like to make sure that info populates into the <Project #> area of the body. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Probably user error, but it'd be nice to have it simpler so I never mess it up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you send a lot of similar emails (repetitive correspondence), jump on the email template creation asap. I waited, thinking it would be hard, and I regret that. I use it every day now and it saves me time every time I use it.

Streamlining repetitive correspondence with email template creation.

Yesware review by Consultant

"Making email easier"

What do you like best?

I love the templates tool which saves me so much time sending proposals through to clients, or orders through to suppliers. It's easy to personalise and so time-saving. I have a number of template categories and use them ALL the time. I also love the calendar scheduling tool - it just makes appointment setting so much easier without the to-ing and fro-ing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of. The platform performs to and above my expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yesware has a great functionality enabling you to easily schedule appointments with others in your available and your personally selected times for that appointment (not just from all your available times which most other schedulers do, which makes it hard to manage travel etc) - this is so much better than anything else I've seen.

I've saved heaps of time with the templates, and love the reminder tool so nothing slips through the cracks. The scheduling tool makes the whole process of finding a suitable time so much easier. Love it!! My biggest problem is trying to fit everything into the day - Yesware has definitely helped with that! I also love being able to track when emails are opened - a great tool for Business development.

Yesware review by Sasha W.
Sasha W.

"Yesware is the only way I can get through my day"

What do you like best?

Working in customer success means that I end up writing many of the same emails for proactive outreach and the Yesware templates save me SO much time. You can also see the response rate on each template to see how effective it is which has been helpful for knowledge sharing and training. The reminder feature is great as well so I can make sure to follow through on emails effectively and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I wish the reminders were automatic if the person didn't respond kind of like Boomerang

Saving massive amounts of time and being able to have consistent and proactive outreach to my clients to make sure I'm not missing any opportunities.

Yesware review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"Overall an excellent tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to send campaign emails from the Gmail client window

What do you dislike?

Editing campaigns while they are live is a bit tricky, and we have had issues with mail merge, and have sent a few campaigns to the wrong people - it only happened a handful of times but as you can imagine, getting that bit wrong can do considerable damage to a brand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a minimum of four users, so you can negotiate a discount and share each others templates

We are prospecting with yesware, and selling a SaaS product. We find it immensely useful to be able to tee up multiple messages and set them off on a predetermined cadence.

Yesware review by User in Research
User in Research

"Easy to use and good features"

What do you like best?

Good features that are easy to use. Powerful tools that allow you the data to analyze to optimize sales procedure. It also automatically logs correspondence to Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

There is not enough flexibility within the system to mold it to specific needs. The features that are available are rigid and you have to get creative to make them work for our company. While Yesware offers some data that is helpful for analytics, it also falls short on reporting data in other places.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great, less expensive, alternative to the expensive softwares like Salesloft and Outreach.io. While the more expensive options are great for larger companies, if you are a small business, you probably don't need all the bells and whistles of a more expansive platform.

Ability to see open rates, click through rates, call customers when they open our emails and are at their desk. Ability to do some A/B testing.

Yesware review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Can't live without it"

What do you like best?

We are a startup developing B2B product. We need to gracj how people reacts to our message. Through Yesware, we have found a very easy and awesome way to analyze our emails and allow su to iterate.Besides, the integration with Gmail makes our job easier, without the need of leaving the inbox.

What do you dislike?

I found a challenge not having the chance to attach files but it's been solved. I hope any time soon, we can add files from the Gmail inbox. Anyway, Yesware updated and solved one of biggest problem: attach files to a large number of users.

As I explained, we need to track our emails since we are on sales. Having data of our customers, how they react you message and the frequency of opening an email, give us a unique and needed insight. Not having Yesware would like piloting an airplane without GPS.

Yesware review by David C.
David C.

"Stay away"

What do you like best?

MailMerge WAS a good tool 2 years ago... I would have continued using MailMerge if I could send more than 200 emails at a time AND if it supported my signature. Alas....

What do you dislike?

Then they got my curiosity with Campaigns which is a brilliant idea, executed amateurishly. It is incredibly poor on performance and riddled with bugs. You can't edit existing campaigns even though it tells you that you can. The changes aren't saved and worst of all, once the now-wrongly-setup campaign starts, there's no way of stopping it.

They are charging you 35USD so that YOU can be their QA...

Also, Support between 9-15 Eastern time? Really? What if you can't stop your campaign at 6am European Time and you need assistance?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use another tool that has better integrations with Pipedrive, Salesforce, Gmail, Zoom us., Calendly, etc.

STAY AWAY from Campaigns. It's a disaster.

It is not a solution solver. It's more of an inconvenience. Like a small toddler that you have to CONSTANTLY monitor not to get hit by a car...instead of being independent, easy to setup, reliable tool.

Yesware review by Alister R.
Alister R.

"Poor customer service"

What do you like best?

It is a simple integration to gmail. This way I can do what I was doing without too much changes to my day to day routine.

The salesforce integration is a nice feature.

What do you dislike?

Poor customer service, once you have signed up and paid they dont bother to clarify, help introduce any new features etc. Attention is only paid till you are a prospect.

No integration to anything other salesforce. We use zoho and there is nothing we can do to integrate Yesware data to Zoho, have tried to communicate multiple times to see if something can be done regarding this. But to no avail.

Pricing is opaque, they keep discounting for folks who have not signed up, but don't incentivize for existing customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No point wasting money here. Look at other options which are both cheaper and better.

Bulk email sending.

Managing email templates

Yesware review by Kazimierz J.
Kazimierz J.

"Thanks to this little gem I can sleep better"

What do you like best?

Confidence and peace of mind. It is easy to use and I use it every day at least couple of dozen of times.. Great support for sales teams.

What do you dislike?

Can not think of one single thing to dislike. I just love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can always try it first.

Templates are great, but knowing that my email is doing it's task is the most important thing. I send daily couple of dozen quotation requests on behalf of our clients, and I just must make sure that someone is working on my query. It gives me reminders and help me schedule my emails to hit best hours.

Yesware review by User

"It was good when I used it "

What do you like best?

I think what I like best about Yesware was its capability to have templates and the fact that it tracked all my emails in Salesforce as well as open rate, reply rate and click rate on emails. When I used Yesware in my previous company we had a team folder for all the sales development reps to have templates for things like first touch emails, follow-up emails, voicemail follow-up emails, break-up emails, and objection handling email. I also liked that you can schedule emails to go out at a later date and time.

What do you dislike?

I think what I disliked the most about Yesware was that sometimes it would not work properly like we had days when there were bugs and scheduled emails would not go out on time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think when considering a tool like Yesware you have to think of what do you need from a tool like this. If all you want to do is track daily activity metrics then it's a good tool but if you want to send campaigns it's not the best tool. When my manager was trying to create campaigns and to have cadences for the team it was hard to use and the workflow for reps was not good so no one on the team wanted to them use. Also, it was hard to measure which campaigns were performing the best among the team.

I think some of the business problems that my old company was trying to solve with Yesware was tracking all the emails, opens, clicks and replies. The sales development team had daily metrics and we had to make sure that we send a certain number of emails per day and that we had a specific open and reply rate from emails to track our performance and to measure success.

Yesware review by Caleb P.
Caleb P.

"Yesware @ B2B Tech Company"

What do you like best?

Email open tracking is fast and accurate (90%+). Seamless integration to email workflow allows usage of features like send later and multi-step campaigns without too much additional effort. Yesware has also funcitoned as a front-end interface to a CRM, allowing users to add contacts, update contact information, synchronize emails, and add new tasks directly from the email client. (For example: you email person A directly, who responds but also adds a net new contact, person B to the thread. Yesware will suggest adding Person B to your CRM, attribute the existing email, without leaving the Yesware client.

What do you dislike?

One repeated feature request doesn't seem to be on the roadmap: the ability to view a particular email thread's open history while reading the email in the email client. Link tracking is a good feature, however it requires the URL be hosted via Yesware servers, creating a long, randomized Yesware-specific subdomain that can look suspicious to a prospect. This sometimes causes emails to be flagged as spam as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the free trial and use it heavily--be prepared to try out multiple functions and complex use cases, especially across different recipient email clients.

Measure the effectiveness of subject lines, sent time of day, and email messaging. Send multi-step, multi-person email campaigns at a fraction of the time. Track activity across teams extremely quickly. Gauge the effectiveness of templates across teams. Yesware saves at least 5-10 hours of duplicate work per person, per month.

Yesware review by Administrator

"Yesware, poor tool for sales enablement"

What do you like best?

As a Sales Development Manager and SDR rep who has used Yesware in the past role and in my current position, I'd say the only thing I like about the product is that it has the ability to racking very basic metrics like open, reply and clicks on emails.

What do you dislike?

As a sales enablement tool, the product isn't ideal for having a cadence that is edited or A/B tested. The SFDC integration, inbox plugin, click to call feature is very basic compared to other tools like Outreach or Salesloft. I wouldn't recommend this tool simply because the reporting capability is also very poor so it is hard to track what is working and what is not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd make sure you consider what you'd like the tool to be able to do if you're looking to track only basic metrics like open and reply rate on emails and to log that activity into CRM than Yesware would do a decent job, but if you'd like an actual Sales Enablement Platform to be able to create a robust cadence and have automation in CRM / triggers for task then Yesware isn't the best tool.

-Track open, reply and click on emails.

- Create a cadence for BDRs when reaching out to prospects.

- Reporting / measuring success.

"COX BUsiness "

What do you like best?

I like the tracking part of the program. In the past, I would wish upon a star that people opened my email. With this not only can you see if they opened, responded or if the email is not valid, you can set up pre determined follow ups.

What do you dislike?

Would like to attach pictures easier. Email reminder of those that opened the email so you can cold call/stop by the office.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe a web based training. You'd be surprised to see how many have issues with creating a CSV file. Maybe prizes like the $15 GC for completing tasks in the tool.

Not being able to BCC myself. Seeing that the email comes from me. I also get 400 emails back when I send to 400 people. When you bcc yourself on Outlook, it doesn't send all the emails to you.

Yesware review by Jeffrey L.
Jeffrey L.

"Yesware is an invaluable business tool that "just works". Equally useful from SMB to Enterprise. "

What do you like best?

Having used Yesware in both a 5 person shop and a 500 employee organization there is not a more flexible out the box solution for email and communication workflow management. Yesware has best in class email tracking, reporting and analytics which are presented in a clear and accessible manner.

The team features of the email templating system ensures cohesiveness in outreach and response efforts while minimizing errors, inconsistencies and duplication of effort. The templating process itself is straightforward utilizing an easy to understand markup system and includes a dropdown based visual editor as well.

Unlike "fully automated" email systems, Yesware provides the ability for teams of any size to efficiently deliver consistent and clear messaging that still feels human and personal to each recipient. This is huge and cannot be overstated. Allowing each member of your team the ability to communicate with individual nuance without sacrificing universality regarding core, immovable information delivers exceptional engagement.

What do you dislike?

When emails sent utilizing Yesware tracking are then forwarded and re-forwarded within the recipient organization you can lose some context and granularity. This is a problem inherent to all image based email tracking tools.

Permissions at the team level could be a bit more flexible insofar as restricting particular templates may be useful within a wide sales or marketing team.

Templating is fairly robust and works great but I would like to see additional embed options for tailoring proposal based emails. This can be of course be accomplished by adding content manually after inserting your completed template but once you start de-duplicating effort you keep pushing for greater and greater efficiency.

I have not had the ability to do a full Salesforce integration as this functionality is disallowed at my current company. Because of this organizational limitation pushing email content to Salesforce is relegated to using bcc functionality. Because Yesware cannot create contacts within opportunities in this configuration, If you are not properly managing contacts in Salesforce you can end up with a large number of unresolved email based tasks. Again, not an issue with Yesware per se but a problem with the limits of writing to CRM using strict email routing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use email as a component of your business operations (and everyone does) you owe it to yourself and your team to give Yesware a thorough look. They offer a fully featured free trial and It takes 30 seconds to integrate with your email provider. Support hasn't been needed very often but when we have had to hit them up they have been quick to engage resolve issues.

Our company uses Yesware on a departmental basis so each use case is probably a bit different. The sales team that I work within is distributed amongst 5 offices across 3 different countries. Some of the key points Yesware has allowed us accomplish include:

-Eliminate inconsistency in messaging content and tone.

-Greatly reduce time spent in email freeing up staff for other efforts.

-Foster collaboration around developing best communication practices.

-Track response rates around the clock and allow for scheduled/ delayed outreach and response across countries and timezones.

-Keep important contacts and conversations "top of mind"

-Sync emails to CRM allowing multiple team members access to pertinent conversations

-Track analytics per open and per template allowing for rapid a/b testing

Yesware review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Blown away"

What do you like best?

I am blown away at the functionality Yesware provides. It has some negatives, but overall it is an incredible value. The campaigns plus email open tracking are worth twice the price. If you routinely send messages such as invoices which you need to know have been read, Yesware is a fantastic solution. If you issue campaigns with multiple touches, Yesware is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

While the Gmail integration is intuitive in design, it throws off a number of crucial interface elements with every appendage it adds to your window. For example, the side bar throws off the window width for new messages, so you have to either open two at a time or expand them to fill the width of the window. Things like that. Additionally, there is some ambiguity about when an automated message is actually sent. They all end up getting sent, and within a timeframe that is perfectly acceptable to me, but others might find it a little unclear.

Yesware runs our complete journalist outreach system. Whenever we have a pitch to send, I draft it as well as two quick follow ups, set each up using convenient mail merge fields as individual touches, add contacts using the simple spreadsheet functionality, and the messages get sent automatically at the perfect time and tracked.

Yesware review by John L.
John L.

"Datadog SDR"

What do you like best?

I think that it does a somewhat decent job of organizing my touchpoints and workflow. It has an integration with Salesforce which is useful .Email tracking is ok.

What do you dislike?

It is constantly lagging, glitching, etc and is overall a really slow tool. I find myself waiting for Yesware to pick up the pace alongside the other tools/integrations that I use every day.

It is useful in the sense that it shows when to reach out to prospects and gives me insight into their activity. But it is only so useful when it is constantly in error and you do not trust its insights 100%.

Yesware review by Thomas P.
Thomas P.

"Works well for what I need it to do, although I'm sure it can do more"

What do you like best?

It is unobtrusive but powerful - it tracks my emails outside my organization and shows me notifications when people open my emails. It is helpful when I don't hear back from someone that I can see whether or not they read my email and if they did, when it was. I also love that it gives me the ability to schedule emails to send in the future and to create templates of emails I need to send similar versions of to many different people.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint would be that I can only schedule an email for an hour or more in the future. I wish I could schedule it for whenever.

It helps me get a better understanding of my communications with my customers.

"Much better"

What do you like best?

I really prefer this to our old way of tracking emails. I especially like the detail of where the person is that opened the email is. Also allowing me to have multiple recipients is huge to me. Our old system didn't allow that.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any major complaints. For a while it couldn't tell if I had opened the sent email or it was actually the intended recipient. I think that was changed but haven't looked in a while. I'd like an easier way to look at the emails from the Yesware activity drop-down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth a look.

It's all about tracking activity. It really helps me see if people are not only opening an email, but actually opening quotes and instructions I have attached. Kind of eye-opening.

Yesware review by Mark L.
Mark L.

"Great software"

What do you like best?

Yesware makes it so easy to avoid the insanity of not knowing whether your emails are getting to the right person and, most importantly, if they are opening it. Huge fan of using Yesware.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is the URLs have Yesware embedded in it so they look a lot more complex than they actually are. Sometimes confusing when forwarding an email with the tracking still on.

The reason I like using it is that I know my emails are being looked at rather than a big black hole of the delete box.

Yesware review by Cody S.
Cody S.

"Easy to Use, Adds a lot of Value"

What do you like best?

The best part about Yesware is how easy the program is to use to track emails. I personally only ever needed the free plan because I don't send that many emails, but I would have opted for the paid plan without much thought if it became necessary.

I also liked the interface in my GMail inbox and how easy it was to go see which emails have and have not been opened. Having used a few other email tracking softwares, the option to see unopened emails was the easiest I have seen.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I really could say I disliked about the program would be that if I forgot to uncheck internal company emails, they would still get tracked and therefore count against my monthly limit. It would be nice to see a feature where you can automatically not track certain email recipients. That being said, had I been on a paid plan it wouldn't have been a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have something to track your email opens, Yesware is a great place to start. Its easy to use and starts adding value from the first email you track. At least on the free platform, its not going to have advanced analytics on your emails, but it would be unrealistic to expect that on a free platform.

The biggest problem that I was solving was getting better insights into my sales emails. Whether that is following up with a potential client or a cold email, it allows me to see which subject lines are working better at getting opens and which ones are not. I also have the insight when I call someone who I emailed whether or not they saw that information.

"One Call Close"

What do you like best?

I had an account in my book that was a major opportunity, but I hadn't had much luck trying to connect. Out of the blue, I received a notification that my contact had opened an email that I had sent a few days back. I paused my lunch, called him right then. He happened to have a finance meeting in an hour, so we had the demo right then and there. We were able to discuss the functionality and value, cost, and next steps. Luckily there was a finance meeting right after. Two days later they signed. Thank you Yesware!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that since people typically scroll through their emails, the Yesware notifications make it look like the prospect actually engaged with your email. There should be a time frame that is required for one to get a notification, otherwise, I'm just gonna get excited every time they look at my email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't get overeager, every time someone opens an email, but if you time wisely, you'll get a lot of success.

I've realized that timing is really key. If you can pair your outreach when a client is thinking about you, you'll be much more successful.

Yesware review by Jason Y.
Jason Y.

"Yesware has unlimited possibilities for increasing efficacy of sales communications "

What do you like best?

Being able to quickly see when emails have been opened and read provides the opportunity to quickly get back in touch again before the content is off the mind of the reader; invaluable feature.

What do you dislike?

Software showing / accounting for opens by the creator of the message

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yesware is not only a utility that can be beneficial to sales professionals, but to any professional, as any given email with a message must be successfully "sold" to it's reader, so it is invaluable to all professionals within any industry.

No business problems; thoroughly satisfied

Yesware review by Tiffany P.
Tiffany P.

"Great product, easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Templates are a life saver. I use them for everything!!! Simplifies my sales process, follow ups, etc and saves me time!

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any issues with it yet. I used to want an easier way to manage or re-order templates, but they improved it already!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial and make sure it meets all of your needs.

Use templates for my sales process. Booking appointments, follow up emails, training information templates, and etc. Allows me to send follow ups quickly and schedule emails so I don't miss a beat.

Yesware review by Razae M.
Razae M.

"I use Yesware everyday "

What do you like best?

Having the ability to set a reminder to have a specific email bounce back to the top of my inbox is an essential. It allows me to keep projects on track and makes sure tasks email threads don't get lost. If you are a sales rep it allows you to see exactly when your prospect has opened your information, quote or link. At this point, it is used as a great reminder to 'randomly' give the prospect a call and see if they are ready to place their order. Our team has significantly sped up our closing rate by following this best practice.

What do you dislike?

There is not enough space write when creating a template. I don't have the ability to send attachments with mass email. I also cannot place images in the body of the mass email with templates.

Ideally, some sample templates could be stored in our templates folder rather than having to copy and paste and save them from your blog.

It would be great to have preset templates from yesware auto-generated in a special folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your sales team will love it, especially if you also use Salesforce. They will be so happy with the time that is saved from not having to log emails or calls as activities. Also, if they are using Yesware click to call within Salesforce it speeds up the process because you don't have to dial the number, Yesware does the work for you. Also if you use the mail merge feature sending a second stage scheduled email for those who did not respond to your first email is a breeze.

With Yesware, our emails with customers auto sync to salesforce. This makes it very easy for management to see that accounts are moving forward. This transparency is so important.

Yesware review by Tammy F.
Tammy F.

"Great Productivity Tool for Consultants and Freelancers"

What do you like best?

Knowing that your emails have been opened is critical for business success when you're a freelancer or consultant. Yesware lets me be responsive and reach out to my accounting tech clients and prospects who have shown interest by reading my messages- especially those that I sent months ago!

What do you dislike?

Often lead times are lengthy and I'd like to be able to search back further to see activity that's occurred.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial to check out the scheduling process, template features, activity and search features to see if Yesware or another product best meets your needs.

Scheduling emails to go out during business hours when I'm in night-owl mode and learning that I've got good addresses when I've reached out to specific individuals helps keep my business solid.

Yesware review by Amanda C.
Amanda C.

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

The ability to track all interactions and conversations with prospects and have it stored automatically in Salesforce; Being able to see who opens which emails.

What do you dislike?

The attachments look a bit wonky; though I do like the ability to track if a prospect clicks on the attachment, I feel as though they might think it looks spammy. As such I end up just using the regular function on gmail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the gmail extension that you can search prospect past engagements without having to go back into Salesforce. Also schedule tasks for yourself with the sidebar without going back into Salesforce

Keeping a centralized record of prospect conversations

Knowing when a prospect opens an email

Sending emails en mass through templates and tracking prospect engagement

Yesware review by User in Internet

"Automated outreach that does not work as it should"

What do you like best?

I think the UI is easy to understand as well as the email notifications when a recipient opens your message. The other aspect of the solution I like is that they have manageable touchpoints for in-flight cadences that other solutions like this do not provide.

What do you dislike?

The fact that you cannot simply send messaging out that follows the template you created. I had well over 100 emails sent out with strategic messaging and the individuals first name had someone else's first name in front of theirs for all emails associated with that cadence. Looked very unprofessional and the the preview of the template did not reflect that was how the messaging would look.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for a trial before committing. Ensure you like their UI quality of support is there as I have tried connecting with their support team without any luck.

I was trying to solve streamlined outreach to my prospects and clients. The only benefits I have realized is that there are other solutions out there that make this process way easier.

Yesware review by User in Internet

"Easy to navigate tool, gets the job done and is cheaper than other alternatives"

What do you like best?

mail merge features helps me use my time effectively when doing large amounts of outreach. Easy to build out a template, plug in your prospects, and go. Less time emailing, more time on the stuff that matters!

What do you dislike?

The tool is a bit buggy at times and features won't work as expected. Usually deleting the extension and reinstalling helps resolve but not a great experience to have to worry about the product actually working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

has similar features to other tools but mail merge is easy to use. Build out a csv of contacts and fire off emails automatically. Love that i can personalize certain emails if needed. The ability to see when someone opens my email as well is helpful when deciding best next steps with outreach.

Increasing my outreach while keeping it personalized. The first touch is usually not enough so having second third fourth etc touches automated is great! Love the reporting too to figure out which templates are getting the most opens/responses.

Yesware review by Meggie P.
Meggie P.

"Easy to use for mass emails! "

What do you like best?

I love using the mail merge/campaign feature! Also, the fact that Yesware tracks our emails into our CRM is so helpful for logging.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to load an image into the mail merges, but I was able to review the help website to figure out how to do it easily.

I think that Yesware is allowing email to be measured as well as efficient. The features that I use the most are the email syncing to our CRM and mail merges + stats!

Yesware review by User in Computer Software

"Yesware: Good, not great. "

What do you like best?

It notifies you not just when an email is opened, but it allows you to see the location from where the message was opened. This is helpful is determining whether or not a note is being passed around.

What do you dislike?

Tons of issues ranging from not tracking metrics to tasks not leaving queue (ends up in duplication of efforts unless you track on own outside of Yesware). The support team has been great at working with us to fix these, but issues will still pop up so it's an ongoing cycle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've only used Yesware so I have no comparison to other tools. Definitely gets the job done, but nothing spectacular about it.

Campaign tracking - helpful when determining amount of opens & conversions.

Yesware review by Kayvon B.
Kayvon B.

"Yes on Yesware"

What do you like best?

Yesware is the best software i've used to create mail merges and email campaigns.They made it very simple to upload csv files to create and preview the mail merges. The interface is smooth and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Yesware. Sometimes it causes a lag on my gmail account but nothing other than that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend this for sales professionals. Relatively inexpensive seat price compared to other sales intelligence tools that I've used in the past.

It makes it so much easier to track emails and get insights on open rates, response rates, etc. It also integrates nicely into Salesforce to keep a history of all emails

Learn more about Yesware

Yesware Videos

Learning about Yesware?

* We monitor all Yesware reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.