ThunderTix Reviews & Product Details

ThunderTix Overview

What is ThunderTix?

ThunderTix is a full service, web-based ticketing solution that allows venues to sell tickets both online and through their box office. Directly embed your events into a "Buy Tickets" page on your website for a seamless, branded website solution.

ThunderTix Details
English, French, Spanish

ThunderTix is an event ticketing software with NO ticket fees. Box office management and online ticket sales for Entertainment Venues.

ThunderTix is offered as a monthly service to the business rather than as a per ticket fee charged to the consumer. We do not take any percentage of ticket revenue and provide the control to event managers to charge a fee if they feel it's necessary to offset service fees.

ThunderTix
2004
Oklahoma, OK
@ThunderTix
468 Twitter followers

ThunderTix Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the ThunderTix community
Have you used ThunderTix before?

ThunderTix Reviews

Showing 23 ThunderTix reviews
Already have ThunderTix?
What do you like best?

Ease of social distancing in our auditorium Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Dashboard could be a little more intuitive or aesthetically pleasing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allowing us to open our venue (church) and regulate attendance while automatically adjusting our capacity for social distancing protocols Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Thundertix has fantastic support, is very intuitive and is easy for our customers to navigate. I like that some of my colleague in town use the service as well so we are able to talk with one another when we have questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As a Canadian I dislike that my invoices show up in American dollars and so I only see the actual price once payment hits my account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ThunderTix has an online support team second to none. They have a feature request system that allows you not only to make suggestions for improvements to the software but you are able to read other users' requests and vote on the ones you also want to see happen. In my experience, sometimes you start using a program and it doesn't work how you want it to and you think 'this is a drag' - but with ThunderTix their team will actually take in your feedback and the changes you want to see will happen! ThunderTix has given us an amazing tool to work with and by using the collective knowledge and experience of their users - Thundertix is constantly striving to improve. I have had a few instances where the perimeters of the software did not allow me to get a report in the time frame I needed. I sent a quick support request in and got an answer and a fix within 1 business day. It was awesome. With ThunderTix I feel like I have an additional staff member taking care of all that 'tech' stuff I'm still learning about. You will not be disappointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used to do internal gift certificates but are now able to do them through Thundertix which makes tracking so much easier. We are also able to add a donation option on check out which has helped us raise thousands of dollars in extra income in the first 2 years of implementation alone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in ThunderTix
Visitors Services Representative
What do you like best?

ThunderTix makes our daily tours easy to sell, check in, and keep track of our guests across several computers and locations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a little convoluted, and I wish the calendar view was more intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have at least four locations that utilize TT and when changes are made at one place, they show immediately at others. It makes updates and additions very easy to track. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can constantly change and update my event as needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't enjoy the fact that you can't sell tickets in pairs or groups or tables, and then have the tickets sold to correspond with that. We wanted to sell tickets at 1 at full price, 2 at a discounted price (by percentage). And thundertix doesn't allow that at all. We had to work around that by creating a new ticket type that was 2 tickets for a certain price (which was a discounted price off buying 2 tickets at full price). Then because we were selling "1" ticket (even though it admitted 2 people, we had to count by hand our capacity and head count. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're trying to sell tickets to our big events that accommodate 400-500 people. We've noticed that thundertix is very efficient at reading between our wordpress website. We haven't had any technology problems with thundertix. But we would like to see some improvements on types of tickets and discounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stacy Chapman of ThunderTix

Thanks so much for your great feedback! We have plans in the coming months to make significant improvements to both reserved seating and coupons.

You mentioned the work-around for selling two tickets at a discounted price. You could also try creating a coupon code that is only valid if at least 2 tickets are being purchased. You can then advertise the code for patrons to use when they are buying 2 tickets which would still issue two separate tickets in the software and also manage the event capacity.

Similarly, you could create a discount code that is only valid for a table (i.e. 8-10 people). Again, patrons could still reserve 8 or 10 separate tickets and your inventory is seamlessly managed while still offering the tickets at the discount you desire.

We'd love to talk to you about this option for future events!

Tour Manager
Leisure, Travel & Tourism
What do you like best?

The ability to be a ticketing software for multiple venues, styles, capacities, and price points. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lack of quality in details. Although not earth-shattering type problems, there are many little things that could be improved. Very minor things but things nonetheless. Doesn't seem like there is the time or labor available to take care of the little things, especially when there are so many unique uses of ThunderTix. There is the Request a Feature part of the site, but it's really tough to be heard or seen there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you would like to avoid the per ticket price and go with a monthly fee, this is the software for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've been able to accommodate to most any patrons ticketing problems which makes us look better as a business. When you put the time in, and make sure everything is set up correctly, you appear very organized and on top of things as a tour business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Director
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to find tickets for any event you are looking for. Other platforms take you through multiple, confusing steps to get to the tickets you want to buy. But ThunderTix makes it extremely easy to find the tickets you want for whichever event you are looking for. They make it easy buy the tickets with relatively easy payment processing. They also make the ticket confirmation easily accessible and printable, which is great for our patrons who are not as proficient with technology. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot set different pricing for different seats. For instance: some seats as general admission and some seats as reserved seating. This would be extremely helpful for some of our events. We often have sponsors or donors who help fund events at our venue, and it would be nice to be able to give them certain reserved seats, while also selling general admission seating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great way to sell tickets for any type of event, whether it be concerts, movies, live stage productions, anything you can think of. This is a great product for larger venues that have over 1000 capacity seating . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the problem of merging the older generation crowd who comes to see our classic film series, with the modern way of buying tickets, the internet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Information Services
What do you like best?

We have been with ThunderTix for over a decade and we wouldn't think of even considering going anywhere else. From the beginning ThunderTix always gave us the best return on investment. The system is so easy to use from both the managing side as well as from the consumer side. Their customer service is "top notch"! In the unlikely event you encounter issues with the system, they are extremely quick to respond to emails and calls. Our theatre would highly recommend their service to anyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we dislike about ThunderTix. We have been overwhelmingly please from the beginning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give their system a try and we think you'll be as please as we are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We need a way for our patrons to obtain tickets online and manage our tickets. ThunderTix was the answer we needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing is that the customer service is highly responsive to us, even on weekends, not that we require them a lot - but when we do, they're there. The next best thing is that the system is easy to use, and they listen to suggestions that might make it better. I get all the information I need from Thundertix (I'm an IT guy for my day job) which is key to understanding the realities of your business. Going with your gut is one thing, but if you do, you have to inform it with numbers first and Thundertix allows that. Another crucial thing is that their pricing model is a tiered flat fee pricing system, so your cost depends on the volume of tickets you sell. Since we're not supported by a corporation or someone with money, cash flow is always an important issue for us and Thundertix helps us control our costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes changes are made to the program that we don't anticipate, so it causes a little disruption, mainly to our ticket-selling partners. Would be good to have some advance notice, but the changes are incremental and not hard to figure out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say give it a shot. At least talk to them and describe your parameters. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main problem for the Mauch Chunk Opera House, as I said above, is one of cost. We are about as grassroots as it gets, taking next to no money from corporations (the only one is Martin Guitar once a year) so continuing operations has all to do with how well the business is run. We are in a rural area so it's a special challenge. Thundertix helps us meet that challenge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I like being able to see how many seats are available for performances, and admin notes are helpful too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When selling tickets to one customer in different sections, you must do two or more separate transactions. This is especially annoying when a show is close to being sold out, as there are often single tickets spread out among the sections.

Blocked seats are shown as available even though they are not for sale, and this is misleading to customers, creating difficult situations when they are unable to purchase seats that they think are available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to learn and use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to sell packages, subscriptions and raffle tickets through Thundertix as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in ThunderTix
UE
What do you like best?

I like the fact that the tickets are printed with the purchaser's name on them. Also it's great to be able to run the charges directly through the program. I wasn't able to do that with the Ticketmaster program I used at the Asheville Symphony. I have found ThunderTix to be very user friendly and I enjoy using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Often customers call because they're having trouble ordering online. And of course, the seats they've selected are "on hold" and I can't do anything for them for seven minutes. All I can do at that point is take their number and call them back. Another issue I have is that if someone wants to purchase two seats on the same row that are not side by side, I get an error message. ThunderTix says the seats have been "modified" and I need to make another selection. I've gotten around this by doing separate transactions for each seat. This has happened more than once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A very easy program to learn and use. I recommend it highly! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think it's great that season ticket holders can reserve their seats for the entire season by entering their code numbers. It's also good that you've made it easier to exchange dates because our folks do that a great deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IH
What do you like best?

Thundertix is easy to set up, allows me to control any fees that are visible to my guests, and integrates well with my websites. I like my flexibility in avoiding processing fees but also my ability to add service fees as needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I was able to customize the landing page a little bit more and make it feel like it was more part of my brand. When my guests use ThunderTix, they are very clearly leaving my organization and being rerouted to a third party, I would like to make this less obvious. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ThunderTix seems very user friendly and affordable for small businesses looking to have complete control over their ticketing process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Selling tickets and getting confirmed reservations for special events and dinners. Since introducing ThunderTix my no-shows have essentially been eliminated, I am more easily able to market my dinners, and I have sold more tickets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stacy Chapman of ThunderTix

We appreciate your feedback about what you'd like to see improved with your website integration. It sounds to me like you are using the option of a link to the events from your website. Did you know that you can embed your events directly into your site so that customers never leave the page of your events? You can find the option to use an iframe instead of a link from the "All Events Code" button on your Events tab.

In addition, if you have a web developer that wants to further customize the events display with custom CSS, he/she can submit the new styles in an email to support@thundertix.com. This will allow you to change button colors, background and more to truly make the embedding of the events seamless for your customers.

Don't hesitate to contact us at support@thundertix.com with any questions on making that change to embed the events so that your ticketing appears as a branded in-house solution rather than to a third party.

AE
What do you like best?

Being able to organize different prices for different tours. Being able to exchange tickets from one day to another with considerable ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to have all months available for purchase at once. There's also been some issues with credit card zip codes not matching up with what customers put into the system and so we're forced to bypass the issue by skipping filling out the credit card address information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a very helpful program that outsources something that otherwise would take up valuable administrative time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizing online ticket sales-outsourcing organization has been beneficial. Being able to look at our daily tour load on one page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

From the very first contact with ThunderTix over the phone, I knew I had found the right ticketing system for our choir. Every question was answered confidently. Details of the system were explained in very understandable laymen terms. Limitations of the ticketing system were offered honestly with explanations of how to overcome them. After deciding on ThunderTix, I was walked through the steps of set-up quickly and easily. The choir's performance ticket system was launched within a few short days! I have not had one issue with any sales to date. I also really appreciate the fact that ThunderTix understands nonprofit organizations and includes an option for donations. Love it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only addition I would suggest is a way for a group of individual attendees to purchase blocked seats with a code. That would just be "icing on the cake", though. There's nothing I don't like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are taking a huge load off of volunteers! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The price has proven to be unbeatable whenever competitors call. We love the monthly cost and the fact that we can keep whatever we choose the online fee to be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything is moving to a mobile platform nowadays, and it seems like ThunderTix hasn't been able to keep up. The mobile view for buying tickets isn't exactly user friendly and we get calls OFTEN of people struggling to purchase their tickets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ThunderTix seems like a new-ish ticketing software, and they are constantly making improvements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can see well over 1000 people on Saturdays, and ThunderTix has made it easy to repost our events every month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stacy Chapman of ThunderTix

Thanks for your feedback about ThunderTix. We are constantly working to improve the software, experience and interface, so it's great to hear when we hear that is the impression you have.

We agree that software platforms are moving more towards mobile and we are too! In fact, as of this morning, we've extended our free mobile iOS app to not only scan barcodes but to sell tickets using a connected iOS card swipe for truly mobile transactions.

While ThunderTix is already responsive for mobile purchases, we have exciting plans in the works to make the experience even better. At the same time, we are also planning a revamp to the overall display of events for both desktop and mobile purchases.

We do feel that we offer a robust solution at a price that cannot be beat. Hang in there with us as we all work to make ThunderTix even better in 2016!

Director of Sponsorships and Events
Sports
What do you like best?

In researching and using on-line ticketing systems, ThunderTix stands out above the crowd because of its ease of use, flexibility in venue adaptability, data reporting, and remarkable tech support. ThunderTix is one of the few on-line ticketing resources who listens to the advice of its users, and responds with new tools and solutions to common hurdles that come with major event planning.

Their stellar tech services staff is always around to supply personalized solutions that make the face of our venue a simple and painless process. ThunderTix has allowed us to increase our on-line sales from 12% to 70% in three years with the ability to adjust to our guest's needs.

Thank you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At first, ThunderTix was a one-size-fits-all solution that was like every other General Admission On-Line ticketing solution...but because of their personalized tech support system, ThunderTix has grown into a standout solution that is consumer turn-key, and a business adaptable tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Research what your guests need to make their interface as simple as possible, and be honest with the ThunderTix Team of what solutions are possible, and they will come up with ideas for activation that are time tested and rigorous. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In a venue that is 9-1/2 times the size of a football field, the seating opportunities are 9-1/2 times the size of a normal sporting event with reserved seating and guest services centered businesses. ThunderTix has listened to our challenges, and helped us come to solutions that allows our attraction the opportunity to grow to fill its size while giving turn key access with a vibrant system for data collection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Financial Analyst
Automotive
What do you like best?

Lower price than all the competition. Easy to use webpage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some minor quirks which our primary users have run into, but overall it's a very usable website and our staff has been happy with the services provided. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have outsourced our event tickets which allows our employees to spend their time on more value-adding projects/opportunities Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stacy Chapman of ThunderTix

Hi Chris, we'd love to learn more about some of the "minor quirks" you mentioned in your review. Even if they seem minor to you, I'm sure that other organizations similar to yours would feel similarly about items you feel could use improvement. Often it's those small nuisances that don't get reported and those may just be the easiest for our programming team to fix.

We pride ourselves on developing a software as a tool that truly helps small businesses become more efficient while saving money at the same time. If you have an opportunity, please email our support team this week to help us better understand what aspects of the system you feel could most benefit your organization. Alternatively, you can call me directly any time. Thank you for your help and guidance to make ThunderTix even better as an affordable ticketing software for small businesses!

AI
What do you like best?

We moved from a totally manual, paper environment to Thundertix. It has gone very smoothly because Thundertix matched our old process and ticketing scheme so closely. Our audiences have enjoyed being able to order tickets from home. Furthermore, the cost of Thundertix is low enough that we have not had to add a convenience charge to ticket order. Customer service has been excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We would like to be able to show a range of price for things like membership. So to become a basic member, the cost would be $25 to $74. That way we could sell memberships on Thundertix. So far, we can't do that. Enabling a range of prices for a product like membership would make Thundertix perfect for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our audience can buy their tickets on line, and they can print their tickets at home. We can now run several box offices at once because there isn't a central depository of paper tickets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

They listen and respond to any issues. They are constantly trying to improve their program. I find it fairly user friendly and intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are definitely some features missing. You can't split payment between cash and credit card in one transaction, and the public can't buy tickets within an hour before show time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this product. We have thousands of customers a year and this does the job. If you are a vary large organization I do not recommend this as you can't export large data quantities with out calling head quarters. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is how we process all of our ticket sales. It has replaced our box office register which is a huge help. It has really streamlined things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

It is an easyprogram to use and has many useful features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When selling tickets to the same customer but in different sections, it is necessary to do separate transactions for each section.

Blocked seats show as available even though they are not for sale. When a show is getting close to sold out this is very misleading for customers, and for admin as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't have much experience with ThunderTix customer service but am pleased with my experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I appreciate being able to see how many seats are available for each performance. We are able to sell packages and raffle tickets through Thundertix as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stacy Chapman of ThunderTix

We absolutely agree that blocking seating is much more complicated than it should be. Our team is planning on making significant improvements to the reserved seating experience in the coming months to both simply the process and make it less confusing at the same time. From blocking seats, to pricing seats/sections and reducing clicks for everything.

We appreciate your honest feedback and hope that you'll agree that our plans for improvement to those processes save time and effort when they are launched.

What do you like best?

ThunderTix lets me sell tickets to wine dinners at my restaurants. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some guests do not like buying tickets instead of making reservations. It also is a third party that links from my site, which is not the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had a lot of people who would make a reservation but not show up, that has essentially been eliminated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Their rates are affordable and the platform is pretty flexible for various show needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be fantastic if tickets could be scanned via camera on an iPhone/ipad/other smartphone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great system if you can get through the intricacies.

Definitely requires skinning (via CSS) the platform for website integration Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ticket sales Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

They have adapted the program to our unique needs. You get a live person when calling in for help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat cumbersome click throughs to exchange tickets. We have so many events on one day that the view can be challenging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have them walk you though a trial. Research payment options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We don't have to manually book reservations. We can advertise and amass a data base of customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI
What do you like best?

I've worked with several other platforms and ThunderTix is very easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Every product can use improvements but nothing stands out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sold tickets and was seamless and not laborious Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.