TheraNest

TheraNest software allows you to manage and grow your practice with comprehensive therapy notes, storage for your files and documents, a client portal for intake forms and appointments, secure access, and billing.

Work for TheraNest?

Learning about TheraNest?

TheraNest Reviews

Ask TheraNest a Question
Showing 23 TheraNest reviews
TheraNest review by Kathleen C.
Kathleen C.

"Streamline and User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I love TheraNest and it’s software. It’s easy to understand, and I especially appreciate having the app on my phone to have access any time I need it.

What do you dislike?

My only negative comment is about the billing. It will show what a client owes, but it is difficult to tell if that is owed by the client or by insurance. You have to open up all the billing details to see for sure. So I don’t like opening a client file and seeing this red number but then realizing it is money owed by insurance. I wish they separated that out on the first page of the client file as well.

No business problems.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about TheraNest
TheraNest review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Great software!"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate how streamlined everything is, and the ability to add your own forms, which is really helpful for our practice.

What do you dislike?

This is a minimal thing, but I do wish the display had some customizability since the color combo is difficult for my eyes, but I know that's super specific.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Theranest from a user and therapist perspective. I really enjoy the fact that it syncs so easily with my Google Calendar and that everything is so streamlined. The interoffice HIPAA compliant messaging is also super helpful for communicating with admin staff and my supervisor when I'm out of the office and need to discuss confidential matters.

It's so helpful that it sends email reminders to clients and that it provides the ability to store all client data in one, HIPAA compliant place. It's also so unbelivably helpful that the chat feature is also HIPAA compliant. I have been able to communicate with my supervisor and with admin staff when I am not in the office in ways that I can't ethically do over email which is invaluable.

What Mental Health solution do you use?

TheraNest review by User in Higher Education

"TheraNest Review"

What do you like best?

The best part about TheraNest is how it can streamline processes that can usually be time consuming, particularly when it comes to notes, appointment times, and billing.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, it is not necessarily the most intuitive software to use. While it does streamline things, it took me quite a bit of time on the outset to get used to the system and figure out how to work it before it became helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth it but just know going into it that you will have to spend a decent amount of time on the front end learning how to use and implement the software!

It solves the hassle of storing notes securely, keeping billing info private but also readily available , easily setting up invoices and billing clients, and sending appointment reminders without going in and doing it manually.

TheraNest review by Mary Ashley A.
Mary Ashley A.

"Great mobile interface with some updates needed; great desktop features; invest in Wiley option"

What do you like best?

I like best the option to schedule on your mobile app. Like the Wiley tx planners - great feature for EBP.

What do you dislike?

The option to assign rooms would be great. Mobile app has some gaps in features or access (reminders log and client demo). Some issues with basics like the default calendar/agenda view being a year ago or someone else' schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great add-on features to build as your practice builds. I think of the platforms I have used, TN is definitely trending towards growing into the profession's needs.

As a practice, it is helpful to see when everyone will be in the office.

TheraNest review by Ryan T.
Ryan T.

"Useful, though a little inflexible"

What do you like best?

It's an efficient way to combine EHR with billing & scheduling, including automated client communication.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve can be challenging, especially for staff who are less comfortable with technology. Occasionally, things (calendar, session notes) don't behave the way one expects them to, but the developers are pretty responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore all of its features and allow more time than you think to adjust to the new system.

Scheduling at a growing practice, and being able to audit client files to ensure compliance with expectations and requirements.

TheraNest review by Julie R. A.
Julie R. A.

"Therapy EHR"

What do you like best?

Clean, concise, and thorough electronic health record (EHR) program that helps me run my business efficiently

What do you dislike?

I took a credit card payment through TheraNest and don't know I'm getting that payment! I gotta figure that out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the lowest subscription and see how you like before you select a more expensive monthly package.

I have my progress notes for each session, I'm managing my clients' ledgers, and I'm able to track my payments. It's keeping me organized. Now if it would pay my taxes, we'd be golden! 😉

TheraNest review by Holly M.
Holly M.

"Solid Service with Room for Improvement "

What do you like best?

It's easy to schedule clients with all of our therapists, regardless of what level of pricing they're at, and we can take care of our billing through the same scheduling system.

What do you dislike?

The reporting leaves a lot to be desired. I track our referrals manually because I know the reports they issue are incorrect. Because I monitor each of our weekly intakes, I know who our highest referral sources are but, if I run a report, I get an entirely different answer. It's very frustrating. I would like to have less work for myself and use the system as it's designed but the reporting has to be accurate! I also wish I could edit non-client based appointment from the app. I personally handle the marketing and use Theranest to keep track of my appointments but can't update them once they're in the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to really explore the system and have one person in charge of learning it. That person can them train your staff on how to best utilize the features. When questions or problems arise, you'll have an expert on the team who can help guide them through troubleshooting. If all else fails, call customer service and see if they can help. I personally haven't interacted with their staff but I know our staff have chatted with them online when they've needed help.

Scheduling and billing are seamless, keeping track of session notes, and client information are all held in the same online database. It saves our clinicians a lot of time. Having an online app also helps me schedule on the go.

TheraNest review by Jovan J. R.
Jovan J. R.

"Easy software-Bad confidentiality with uploaded docs."

What do you like best?

Is a fast and easy to learn software, it's simple and provides tips on how to use or upload within their system. Easy to access and keep track of progress notes.

What do you dislike?

I would say the only thing I did not like is that others can see or download or delete documents that were not from their caseload. I truly don't know if this could be fix, but that's the only problem.

Busimess problems? Organization with documents, progress notes, have software that would minimize our old paper way of doing things. As you can see, those are my benefits.

"TheraNest Experience"

What do you like best?

I appreciated that TheraNest offered a well-put together and bug-free system for tracking clinician schedules. TheraNest offered seamless and easy templates for diagnostic assessments, treatment plans, and notes. They also offered the ability to receive notifications on CDA and TX plan reviews.

What do you dislike?

There truly was nothing I did not like about TheraNest during the timeframe I was able to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My agency found TheraNest to be very useful and user friendly. TheraNest is not only useful but also aesthetically pleasing. It is clean and concise which I appreciated.

TheraNest assisted the agency in keeping up to date on assessment reviews and treatment reviews, which is very important to the mental health field. It also made sure notes were in the system and done correct. TheraNest is simple to use and functions very well.

TheraNest review by Grace K.
Grace K.

"Great tool for therapists "

What do you like best?

It is very functional for anyone from the computer wiz to people who are not technology friendly.

What do you dislike?

The phone app version of Theranest is difficult to use and does not offer the same functions as the desktop website.

Scheduling appointments, entering client notes, seeing schedules weeks ahead of time, storing client information, etc.

TheraNest review by Lauren  W.
Lauren W.

"Reliable and Consumer Friendly"

What do you like best?

I found the program simple to use once I learned how to effectively maneuver through the application.

What do you dislike?

It was not intuitive. Once I learned how to use it, the program was helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that it takes a little time to get accustomed to the program. However, once learned, it is pretty user friendly.

I found the program helpful and simple to use once I learned how to more effectively use the program. It was actually easier to formulate session notes and treatment plans than the EHR that the other agency that I worked for at the time was using.

TheraNest review by Melissa H.
Melissa H.

"Great central place for a therapist"

What do you like best?

I love that it helps me feel organized and in control. I love that everything is in one place for my practice versus jumping around.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the pricing after your trial.

I’m solving having to jump around to all these different portals for scheduling, invoicing, notes, etc. this keeps everything in one great, convenient location

TheraNest review by User

"One of the best mental health software programs"

What do you like best?

I'm a licensed clinical social worker and one of the best features of Theranest is its speed, web-based interface, and portability, versus the clunkier medical software I used when I worked in public agency settings. Intakes, progress notes, and treatment plans are fairly succinct and easy to add, while still being comprehensive and thorough enough to include fields for information needed. It also includes support for multiple practitioners under one practice, which is helpful as an overlay for what the day looks like for each person scheduled.

What do you dislike?

One issue I have seen at times has been bugs or glitches when recurring appointments are entered. Sometimes appointments from files that have been closed keep appearing despite having had the client archived. The mobile app is also useful for a quick glance at your day, but impractical for documentation work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Theranest is usually recommended for smaller practices. You may want to consult with them about scalability as your practice grows, especially if you're adding a large amount of clients and multiple practitioners.

I work at a small practice with no traditional desk space, so it has been helpful to use my laptop to do my paperwork at my convenience.

TheraNest review by User

"Works well for what I need"

What do you like best?

I like that it keep my schedule, my clients' profiles, and my notes all in one place. I also like being able to communicate with coworkers through it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface doesn't feel super user friendly and I want to be able to click through to something without having to use the back arrow.

It keeps everything all in one place and works well for communicating with everyone. It's also nice that supervisors can have access to everything they need.

"My Experience"

What do you like best?

I love that I can schedule patients, charge there credit cards and track my earnings.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Theranest. It does what is supposed to do and customer service is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who are in the psychology field or mental health field this is great for you.

I can automatically download or print the charges for the day, week, and or month.

Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Very helpful but many glitches"

What do you like best?

I like that Theranest is easy to use and anyone can be trained on how to use it. They have instant video trainings which are helpful and also people that can assist you via the chat. The only thing is that they usually take a day or two to respond.

What do you dislike?

The software usually glitches a lot and makes it frustrating when you are running a multi-professional atmosphere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always put in suggestions of what to add as it benefits and they do add some of the things if requested enough times.

We are solving a lot of problems. We ran across several issues in the past in regards to auditing and how things needed to be done and now Theranest helps with those issues.

TheraNest review by Lisa C.
Lisa C.

"Incredible software"

What do you like best?

It is incredibly user friendly and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more options in reports

Recommendations to others considering the product

More options on report building menu

Documenting notes for client sessions and submitting to insurance for billing

"Neebie"

What do you like best?

It makes it easy to see what everyone on staff is doing and plan around their schedules.

What do you dislike?

There is a definite learning curve. I am pretty tech savvy but it is not the easiest software to navigate as far as setting up the schedule and recurring appointments.

It allows everyone to collaborate with ease.

TheraNest review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Hard to navigate "

What do you like best?

Looks organized and seems to keep updating to meet changes with Billing.

What do you dislike?

Often you have to do three or four steps in order for ledgers, calander, and Notes to line up correctly. It’s very frustrating.

The ability to have things at my fingertips, billing, notes, client information.

Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Great Practice Management Software for Growing Businesses"

What do you like best?

Integrated billing, text confirmations, optional portal for clients to complete paperwork or make/cancel/reschedule appointments.

What do you dislike?

Scheduling can be clunky- no way for employees to override system when scheduling (they have to change their available hours when scheduling outside of them, which makes those hours available to everyone).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely! I pay annually and get two months free!

No need for multiple programs to handle billing, or an outside biller: a few clicks and claims are sent through OA with no additional fees.

TheraNest review by Internal Consultant in Medical Practice
Internal Consultant in Medical Practice

"Our practitioners enjoyed the trial"

What do you like best?

It was easy to use and very intuitive. Our practitioners enjoyed using it during their trial period.

What do you dislike?

The lack of ability to customize did not work for our agency. Some of the financial capabilities were also lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See if your company will need to have any customization. If so, TheraNest won't really work for you.

We were testing TheraNest to see if we could use it as a counseling electronic health record system.

Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Good for large or small"

What do you like best?

It was easy to switch from paper to using Theranest in a medium size practice.

What do you dislike?

There were points that weren't user friendly. We could not figure out how to make fillable forms for clients to interact with.

Keep track of patients files in a safe a secure way.

TheraNest review by Agency
Agency

"Great Resource"

What do you like best?

I love the availability of resources such as assessments and client forms.

What do you dislike?

In comparison to other companies, it does not give long free trial options.

Billing and client forms. The client forms are phenomenal and easily changeable to fit your practice.

Learning about TheraNest?

* We monitor all TheraNest reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.