Shortlist

Shortlist

Shortlist is your complete solution for Freelancer Management. We help companies of all sizes scale, manage, and pay their remote workforce on a single platform.

Work for Shortlist?

Learning about Shortlist?

Compare Shortlist to Similar Solutions

Shortlist Reviews

Ask Shortlist a Question
Showing 29 Shortlist reviews
Shortlist review by Agency
Agency

"Great for us and getting better all the time"

What do you like best?

Love the self-service profile creation - it gives us all the info we need to understand our recruits without tons of internal legwork. We can automate some workflows for our candidates to go through when we recruit designers and other staff. Lastly, their support team is very responsive. Bug reports and feature requests are taken seriously and fixed quickly.

What do you dislike?

Everything is called a "template" and is a little confusing, but I believe Shortlist is making some changes to help with that. Sometimes we have issues with user permissions and large file uploads, but like I said earlier, the support team is very responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think the nature and size of your business will affect how well this service works for you. I can't speak for gigantic organizations with many levels of hierarchy. It works great for our small agency.

As an agency that relies on talent all around the world, we're able to use Shortlist to find the right skill set and location/language for the right project very easily.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Shortlist
Shortlist review by Administrator

"It's a start, but there's still a ways to go..."

What do you like best?

My colleagues tell me invoicing is a breeze with Shortlist. The support staff does truly dedicate time to answering questions, and their developers do try their best to implement solutions to functionality issues quickly.

What do you dislike?

There's a laundry list of features and functionalities Shortlist still needs to provide to be usable at scale. For instance, I'm unable to export payment records by project or task, only by partner through back-end requests with the support team. In our organization, we have 7 different team members running projects between 4 different task subgroups and 200-some partners month over month. Forecasting and budgeting is a nightmare, and requires manual, line-item flagging for a per-task view. Maybe that's a complicated one, but even something as simple as creating a dashboard view of all my assigned tasks across all our different projects on login is missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is effective for small businesses. It could be a great product for businesses of scale in another year or two.

We have a space dedicated for partner communication. No more sorting through emails for tasks and assignment details.

What Freelance Management Platforms solution do you use?

Shortlist review by Loryn E.
Loryn E.

"The FMS of my dreams!"

What do you like best?

Pros: *Integration with Hello Sign takes so much pain out of the on-boarding process

*Speaking of which, the customizable on-boarding is bar none

*Payments are easy to set up and schedule

*Freelancers love it

*Intuitive set up; you can tell it was designed with the user experience in mind

*Amazing responsiveness of team

What do you dislike?

Cons: Only one: I do a lot of bulk work, and it can get tedious as times. For example, I may have 25 of the same type of assignment going out. If I need to change the rate on them, I have to visit each one individually (can't open in new tabs), change it, and get back to the projects screen, which is now unsorted. So I have to resort to find my items and start the process again.

Overall: When I began the hunt for a FMS for our small start-up, I was working out of no less than five massive spreadsheets -- not to mention the hundreds of files floating around -- just to keep track of our freelance projects and payments.

I found Shortlist via Google search, and from my very first contact I've been impressed with the software and especially, the team. I was able to consolidate all of my scattered processes into one location, and the ability to manage all aspects of a freelancer's work cycle, from on-boarding to assignments to payment, has shaved countless hours off my work day.

I think my absolute favorite part of working with Shortlist though has been the amazing team of people devoted to helping ensure that we have the best product to work with. The sales team wasn't pushy, the tech team is always available for help or improvements, and our customer success rep has been an absolute pleasure to work with.

I can't say enough good things about Shortlist, and how vastly it's improved and streamlined our processes, and in turn, our own work flows.

Shortlist review by User

"Great way to keep track of freelance talent"

What do you like best?

Ability to search the database for freelancers with specific subject matter expertise or skills. Also it's very useful to be able to email writers and talent directly in the platform, and see their availability at a glance.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more filters to search by — for example, I'd like to know if a writer has written about specific topics. Some sort of sharing functionality — like being able to select a team of talent and export their info into a consolidated preso or document to share would be very useful.

Shortlist cuts out so much of the manual busywork that makes it difficult to keep track of talent and gauge availability. It offers a streamlined way to communicate with talent and quickly find the right talent you need for any client or project.

Shortlist review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Using Shortlist at NewsCred"

What do you like best?

Shortlist is easy to use both for me and my team as well as the freelancers we work with. I think the thing I like the best is that we can store all data and necessary assets for each freelancer right within the platform!

What do you dislike?

Really nothing. I think there are some aspects of how we use Shortlist at my company that could be improved upon, but that's more of an internal thing. Perhaps it would be helpful to have a solutions consultant more involved but that would be the only thing I think would help at this point.

Business problem that has been solved is the ease of onboarding freelancers and having one storehouse of consistent data. Another benefit is being able to search our database and surface great talent easily.

Shortlist review by Katie D.
Katie D.

"Like Yelp for our freelancers and partners"

What do you like best?

I love that I can see private reviews my teammates have left about a freelancer (so I know they're being candid!). Plus, the ability for resources to upload samples of their work saves us the back-and-forth in emailing so I can onboard project resources much sooner!

What do you dislike?

I wish I knew which projects our freelancers were working on at any given time, or at least which projects they had worked on in the past.

We used to manage a giant spreadsheet of 200+ writers and freelancers, along with their rates and our comments about working with them. Having a hub like Shortlist brings everything into one easy-to-use, easy-to-search hub—with so much more than we ever could do in a spreadsheet. Major timesaver.

Shortlist review by Anthony S.
Anthony S.

"Awesome Application"

What do you like best?

I love the constant communication and quick reaction of the company when there are questions or issues

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a calendar function and the ability to put in a signature line for emails and messaging.

I recently got our portal page up and running and love being able to send out an application for employment or have someone directed to it. Also have the ability to on-board all of our contractors, and have centralized records for them makes life easy

Shortlist review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Wonderful system for keeping track of vendors and freelancers"

What do you like best?

The ability to search by skills

The contract management and signature features

What do you dislike?

I wish I could put a blended hourly rate in for companies like we put in hourly rate for individuals. It's hard to scan by budget.

I wish I could edit the list of skills as well and put additional technologies in

None of our partners or freelancers leverage the "availability" field so maybe there is a quick way you could just ping a group of people and ask them "who's available" in a quick email (so they don't have to log in but we know who is free now)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The ability to manage contracts and signatures is life-changing! Use that feature

We need to ramp up resources quickly when we get a new project, or find someone with specific expertise, i.e. a copywriter with experience in health care with long form content

We have been able to track who we've used and review them and that's helpful in itself. We have built up our freelancer pool and can search quickly.

Shortlist review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Director of Content, Technology at NewsCred"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily search for writers with specialties. And the ease for our writers to set up profiles. Reviewing has helped the team as well.

What do you dislike?

We need to educate our writers a few times on how to properly fill out their profiles with a lot of keywords and stuff. It'd be great if there were CTAs in the software or an instructional guide on what the best profiles look like. That'd make it easier for us to give assignments.

We are a leading content marketing agency, and we have a network of hundreds and hundreds of creators, so it's been a wonderful way to organize our talent and utilize them.

Shortlist review by Sam W.
Sam W.

"Shortlist Suport"

What do you like best?

Shortlist Support team is very responsive and easy to work with. Continual work with us on ongoing issues until the issue is resolved.

What do you dislike?

When a payment processes it appears as "PAID" on a profile but it has not been paid yet it is just transferring to an account.

Can be confusing for some workers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None at the moment

Solving pay discrepancies with Shortlists easy to navigate website and solid record keeping.

Shortlist review by Rachel G.
Rachel G.

"Shortlist makes life easier"

What do you like best?

I like that that you can create a project with numerous tasks. This way, the freelancer has access to all information about the project. It's also a bonus that they can invoice as each task is completed.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to really dislike - Just getting adjusted to using projects vs. assignments

We have established a more efficient invoicing system through Shortlist. We have also been able to specify project details and tasks.

Shortlist review by Katie C.
Katie C.

"Streamlined and helpful!"

What do you like best?

The search capabilities and having everyone in one place.

What do you dislike?

The hourly rates aren't helpful because we compensate all our writers the same, with the exception of one or two.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product and makes things super easy when looking for freelancers!

Getting all our freelancers into one system and being able to find new, niche writers within half the time it would normally take! Love having all their documents right there.

Shortlist review by Kazsa T.
Kazsa T.

"Amazing product. Shortlist streamlined our whole freelancer management process"

What do you like best?

Freelancer onboarding functionality was the biggest attraction for us. It was super easy to sign the document, create the custom profile and register payment method.

What do you dislike?

nothing I explicitly dislike about the platform. However in the future, I would love to see more custom API integration to share data like freelancer skillset, task status and progress.

Creating rich remote working environment for designers and developers.

Shortlist review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A really great platform for simplifying working with freelance talent"

What do you like best?

how easily searchable and customizable the set up is, it really streamlines the new partner onboarding process.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike, it has made life easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

great and flexible product especially for simplifying the tedious on-boarding elements of working with freelance partners and vendors.

It took a process that was really unwieldy for my company and it made it much more manageable. I would say it even made us better partners for our clients given that it's improved our ability to sift through the mass of freelance talent we have available in a much more tactical fashion.

Shortlist review by Carrie D.
Carrie D.

"Win-win for contractors and business"

What do you like best?

The ease of on boarding contractors, having all the paperwork signed electronically and the ability to add contracts with a couple clicks.

What do you dislike?

I occasionally have to login twice. I believe this is my own user error.

Paperwork organization, making sure we are in compliance with regulations, easily being able to see accounts that will soon be payable,.

Shortlist review by Elaine B.
Elaine B.

"Excellent!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to manage our freelancer bench. Completing invoices use to also takes hours to complete - now we have an online track record of what has been submitted.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to have more options when tagging or uploading communal documents.

Our invoice, freelancer bench, hiring.

Shortlist review by User

"Resource Manager tracks Contractors through Shortlist"

What do you like best?

The snapshot/dashboard appearance; being able to look at the main page and track/see information for individuals. The simplicity and ease for creating groups. The user interface and simplicity for selecting options to view data

What do you dislike?

That the contractors are the only ones who can designate their skills. It would be helpful if we could add skills to a contractor's profile.

Tracking and using contractors. The paperwork being emailed directly to contractors through Shortlist is time saving, convenient, consistent and makes sure the right paperwork is being used.

"Hassle-Free Contractor Management"

What do you like best?

Everything is one spot! Before we had everything in Dropbox folders. It's so easy to send someone a new contractor article and then after they sign it, it's already in the system. You don't have to take the attachment from an email thread.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't tell what projects they're currently working on without opening up the individual articles.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Onboard everyone at once, including current contractors.

Efficiency of the contractor process and knowing when contractors re available.

Shortlist review by User

"Very helpful and handles a lot of data"

What do you like best?

I like best that Shortlist is very helpful in making the platform more usable and have made modifications to speed up our data processing work.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more usable reports for when I need to run an analysis or reconciliation. I'd like to see filtering on payment histories so that I don't have to scroll through a year to find an old item.

We brought Shortlist on to make lots of payments on an ongoing basis.

Shortlist review by Consultant

"No longer getting the "run-around" with contractors"

What do you like best?

We are able to do all signatures within Shortlist. No need to have other software.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way we could sort the contractor agreements based on the client our contractor is working with us on.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are tired of the "run-around" of getting contractors to sign and return forms, Shortlist has saved us so much time!

We are getting a much quicker turnaround when it comes to contractors filling out paperwork!

Shortlist review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Great project management/orginisational tool, "

What do you like best?

What's not to like about Shortlist? Easy to use for everyday project management tool. All my freelancers, projects and mainly all tasks to be completed are in one place. Great for follow-ups!

What do you dislike?

Not much at all! Shortlist is a great tool for everyday use.

Working with freelancers around the world has always been a difficult task. Shortlist gives me a great platform to bring them all together and organise my tasks/projects very easily.

Shortlist review by Administrator

"Works Okay; UX is Not Very intuitive"

What do you like best?

Easy for freelancers to submit invoices and expenses.

What do you dislike?

The UI/UX does not really follow any norms. Sorting/Filtering doesn't remain in place between transitions, actions cause destructive changes to the UI that require a full refresh (like interacting with individual expenses--removing one leaves some of the old data in place while displaying new data and buttons become non-responsive.

Honestly, I've stopped using it. The workflow is too poorly designed to manage a team.

"Just what we needed"

What do you like best?

The site's organization and UI are very intuitive. The support has also been top-notch.

What do you dislike?

Got a little confused the first time I uploaded a document for signing, but used the chat support feature and walked through it just fine.

Now we can maintain a clear list of contractors, their skills, their rates, etc. and have a central repository for contractor-related documents that are super-easy to send/sign.

Shortlist review by Agency in Human Resources
Agency in Human Resources

"Great Company"

What do you like best?

They are great at communicating quickly. They solve problems easily.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing. These folks are amazing! I wish we could work together all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They go the extra mile.

It allows our workers to be paid out quickly and efficiently. They field questions and help our people whenever they need it.

Shortlist review by Deni P.
Deni P.

"Great tool for managing SMEs"

What do you like best?

The organization of your SMEs is so easy with this tool.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve to this tool to make it most useful for your company.

We are using this tool to manage our external SMEs and their resumes.

Shortlist review by User in Higher Education

"Shortlist is a great platform for managing contractors"

What do you like best?

Database is comprehensive and relativity easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Boolean search is glitchy. It does not return results as quickly as I'd like.

Large groups of contractors with very specific qualifications. Contractors are easy to organize.

"speeds up process"

What do you like best?

invoice documents can all be easily handled at one platform

What do you dislike?

nothing much at the moment, still trying it out.

production workflow with freelancers. gets them all together at one place

"Shortlist Review"

What do you like best?

Clean user interface. Easy navigation. Quick Response time.

What do you dislike?

Slow customizability. Cost for using service is expensive.

Onboarding and documentation management. Documents are managed in a neat and reasonable fashion.

"Property manager"

What do you like best?

Vendor Onboarding features. Gives every one a profile with a progress meter

What do you dislike?

Not very customizable (a lot of extras).

How to quickly build a vendor network passively.

Learn more about Shortlist

Shortlist Videos

Learning about Shortlist?

* We monitor all Shortlist reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Shortlist to Similar Solutions