Data acquisition - quick and painless:
- Importing data source - pipe-delimited file 531MB, 1.3M rows, 80 columns wide took approx 8 mins.
- Acquired second dataset (comparable size) ~ 5min.
- Allows select Excel, delimited, HANA, SQL, Oracle, column Date, number format, etc.
- Automatically determines measures, dimensions in imported data
- Can append or merge two or more datasets. Can work with data sets separately. Merging two large datasets (mentined above) took about 5 mins
- Charts can be edited in Compose room
- Can create continuous scrolling infographics if presentation is too wide
- After deleting multiple columns from data source not used in visualizations I didn't have to recreate visualizations
- After filtering out records in feeding dataset all visualizations remained intact, however compositions needed to be changed
- Can apply different filters to diff visualizations, however compositions needed to be changed
- Can create hierarchies for drilling down data in visualizations.
- Poor formula selection in create custom measure window, eg Concatenate allows two values only. To Concat multiple I had to do nested Concat
- Hierarchies do not allow custom Measures
- Data Labels on Charts are not Editable - can create labels clutter in chart body - this is done in Compose room
- No option to zoom in Visualization room
- Exporting to Excel does not create extra tabs if data set is larger than 1M rows
Download a free trial, test it functionality and compare whether it meets your expectations. Compare it to other BI and data visualization tool competition has to offer.
Data visualizatin and BI analytics for finance in Healthcare industry. Lumira stories can be created easily and visually are very appealing, with some limitations (see dislike section)