RebelMouse Reviews & Product Details

RebelMouse Overview

What is RebelMouse?

The world's most exciting publishers trust RebelMouse’s enterprise-grade CMS to power their multiplatform content experience. Launched in 2012 by Andrea Breanna, the former CTO of The Huffington Post, RebelMouse partners with leading new media companies and brands to reach more than 50M people a month with an always modern solution that combines cutting-edge technology with decades of media savvy. RebelMouse is a cloud-based platform that provides content creators with the data-driven tools and creative strategy they need to unlock sustainable growth that’s backed by sticky monetization methods. RebelMouse blends product and strategy together to move the needle where it matters most — site performance, search engine optimization, social audience growth, and collaborative customer journeys primed to transform conversion into loyalty. RebelMouse’s publishing solution arms content creators with a powerful editorial suite that seamlessly adapts to every industry. Our CMS is responsible for the launch of some of the biggest new media companies to date — such as Axios and The Dodo — and we’ve propelled brands like United Airlines, PAPER Magazine, and Dance Magazine to digital success.

RebelMouse Details

RebelMouse organizes your social presence into a beautiful, dynamic and social site -- in minutes.

RebelMouse
2012
New York, NY
@RebelMouse

RebelMouse Reviews

Showing 23 RebelMouse reviews
Already have RebelMouse?
What do you like best?

Their content management system is truly unbeatable. It is unparalleled in it's approach to differentiating you from the crowd with the attention is pays to the constant ebbing and flowing of what is current and relevant and what simply isn't. It is the beacon you need to guide you to success. Their breadth of knowledge in each facet of the industry makes them a weapon worth having in your arsenal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While I understand it takes a while to get things done when juggling so many clients, I wish my needs were addressed faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to turn it around and transform your business you can't go wrong with RebelMouse. Their attention to detail and your business as a whole make them so worth it. Yes the cost may be high but the returns far exceed their fees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love that they embrace individuality working to show the world what makes you different and special as a brand or company. I love the tailored approach to each client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

N/A
What do you like best?

You sign in through your social media and from there you can create your own blog (the setup reminds me of Pinterest). It's easy to edit your information, look at your statistics, and create content. Signing in through your Facebook and/or Twitter makes it easy for companies/content creators. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The templates are fairly basic and in my opinion as a designer, everyone's page ends up looking very similar. While the website is easy to use, I wish it had more options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would make sure that your company/client is okay with the setup, templates, and overall style of RebelMouse before using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

RebelMouse does make managing your social media content easy and helps with growth of your online presence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CM
What do you like best?

The flexibility of this software is my #1 like . The capabilities allow us to publish information on many social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook. It is an easy to use platform that was a quick ramp-up for our team. The availability of the mobile app make accesability a non-issue which is not usual with other solutions in this space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only negatives are that it does have a bit of a high price and the fact that they do deliver a lot of information that is not necessary via email. The choices to disengage the email notifications are not easy to find. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is well worth a try if the software is relevant to your specific industry. RebelMouse considers themselves as a creative agency with the best high end content management system. Once we trialed the software, we knew we had the correct solution for our strategies and tactics for distribution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing our content through social media platforms had been a tedious task until we deployed RebelMouse. All of this push had been done manually through our teams. RebelMouse automates these processes which creates more time to work on content vs push. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I like being able to connect to our Twitter and Facebook page in a single

Splash through rebelmouse. It was easy for us to signup and link our twitter and Facebook accounts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike would be the time it took to learn how to use and how to use features but like with any social media it takes time and patience Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend setting up a team of 5-10 people to train on using it efficiently and setting it up once that’s done posting and everything else is easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to use this to post marketing since we are a car dealership. It has made marketing a lot easier for everyone involved Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Feedback Assistant
What do you like best?

Fantastic marketing options and boundless potential. ease of use and interesting. I suggest this product to everybody. It's the time to change. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The website and interface rarely give the user any direction and are not very intuitive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

More digital marketing will be good for your product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Depending on the ease of use, most of us are using RebelMouse instead of the complicated ones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like using RebelMouse's CMS, especially since our company switched over from Django. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the docs for how to customize features, as well as the full functionality of the CMS could be improved, but generally it has worked for our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We don't need a technical individual to update our site anymore, which is a great benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UW
What do you like best?

I liked how confident they were. It kept me calm. They know a lot about they way computers work which just compliments their work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have very few complaints from RebelMouse. I wasn't always sure who was working on my account but that is fine by me . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend. It is a daunting world out there and they make it a little more reasonable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed to reach a bigger audience through my social media and website. I wasn't able to do that until RebelMouse gave me advice that I could actually apply. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I really enjoyed how easy it was to use. Some of my colleagues aren't very tech savvy, and even they were able to figure it out. I also really liked how I could pick my own layout for the dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup was quite confusing, and the website could do a better job of explaining it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure one or two people knows it really well before rolling it out to the rest of your colleagues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Steamlining all my content in one place saves a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Director / Production Manager
What do you like best?

The great qualities of RebelMouse include the ability to quickly and easily post and repost content. Additionally, embedding the widget onto a 3rd party site (e.g. Wordpress) was fairly quick and seamless. The client was extremely happy with how fast and easy it is to share and create content in this system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The out-of-the-box customizations are somewhat limited, and when our team attempted to make CSS overrides, it ended up being very tedious and ultimately impossible to customize at the level the client needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As long as you're willing to work within the sandbox (e.g. built-in templates, styles, etc), it can be a great solution for easy content curation across the web. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our client needed a solution that would allow them to (specifically their CEO) to share industry-relevant articles across the web and social platforms very easily (from his phone). RebelMouse ended up being a great fit for this need!

While we were not able to stylize and customize the look and feel of this product adequately, we were able to create and manage multiple feeds/categories through the dashboard. And the support team was quite responsive, but sometimes it was hard to tell if the support rep was not educated on the product or if the product did not measure up to the requirements we had for the project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President (909) 800-5616
What do you like best?

It is very user friendly. I can have anyone set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not very well known. I don’t know of many folks that have it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Increased traffic and constant visibility. It helps benefit the company by bringing people to moneysite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

This program helps businesses to brand their selves and get in touch with the outside world looking for their product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have absolutely no complaints about this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you really take the chance to learn the in and outs of the program to utilize it to work best for your business. Taking a course about the program will be very insightful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I helps me reach a mass audience for a low cost and it is efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Rebel mouse is able to publish content to different media platforms. There is a ease of use, which makes it enjoyable to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve like all new programs. Support is available however. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent product! A++++ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social media is the way of the future, and being able to access all platforms with this software, makes promoting your business easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CD
What do you like best?

How easy it is to use! Its very straight forward. I would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking about using this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't that much support when looking for help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Advertising, Social Media Integration, Content Management, Content Optimization . Etc . So easy to stay organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface and makes curating social media posts super easy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about using RebelMouse. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We’ve been able to easily curate social media posts from Twitter Chats into recap blog posts for mass sharing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

So easy to use for first time users, got the hang of it in just a couple days! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software glitches or freezes up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social media marketing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Helped my company’s social growth in a competitive market. Helped us get more guest Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I only dislike that not everyone uses this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Helps me keep my projects organized and tidy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface is a bit difficult to navigate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organization is key Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CL
What do you like best?

Extremely easy to use and helps with obtaining new contacts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing outstanding that I have experianced Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business contacts. Financial gains Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I love that you set it up once and then can leave it alone to run itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There used to be a free version and an affordable pro version. Now it's just completely out of my price range. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It saves time and backend programming skills. You don't have to do any resource and do manual work to upload pages or entire sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
What do you like best?

The Ability To Publish on various Platforms ,Twitter and Facebook intergration Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

impossible to contact technical support to resolve issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Site taken down no warning impossible to contact in order to resolve issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Charlie Tranen of RebelMouse

You are referring to a free product that RebelMouse offered years ago. Long before we transitioned to our current premium CMS product, we communicated the discontinuation of the free service. We are proud to have a 98% customer retention rate for our CMS because we understand what site owners care about.

UE
What do you like best?

The ability to grab and publish content to different media platforms. Has a very intuitive and easy to use entry editor. Has a responsive design that can help companies distribute media content further. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Takes a while to learn the Analyitics and Optimization features, but can pay off in the long run. The program is similar to other products on the market, so you should really take a look at company needs before making a purchase Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

RebelMouse is a Distributed Content Management System that enables companies to publish content and reach audiences. It is a niche product that can help your company if used in the right way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to publish content from social media onto various other media platforms. Launching a fully-customized and property built for social distribution. A way to achieve media growth and social media potential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Assistant to CEO
Media Production
What do you like best?

The mobile app is extremely well designed and visually appealing. It is very easy to use and easy to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The notifications they send you via email and through the mobile app can get annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content marketing &social media managment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Consultant II, Technology Center
What do you like best?

Automatically gathers social media content from a user into one page. You can edit, refresh it, and share versions of it out to your networks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can be complicated to use and sometimes difficult to get the result/look you want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would absolutely try it! It is a free product to try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gathering all of my social media posts in one place automatically. It helps in selling me + SEO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for RebelMouse?