QuickBooksPOS Reviews & Product Details

What is QuickBooksPOS?

QuikcBooksPOS is a online solution that works with QuickBooks and is tailored to your business needs with managed inventory, anytime acces online, and automatically deposited payments into QuickBooks Online.

QuickBooksPOS Profile Details

QuickBooksPOS Profile Details

Intuit
Description
From Intuits flagship products Quicken, QuickBooks & TurboTax to Mint.com, our end-to-end solutions stand as testament to our commitment to revolutionize the way millions of people manage small businesses, payroll, accounting, and personal finance.
1983

Psychotherapist
Mental Health Care
Most Recent QuickBooksPOS Video Review

"Helpful!"

Anaista de atencion al cliente

"An excellent accounting tool!"

What do you like best?

This tool is very easy to use a very user friendly and understandable software that allows the user to manage a variety of financial records, so it facilitates the accounting processes, an aspect to highlight is that with this program the data must only be entered once. in the system of the company, there is no need to do anything else because it is maintained in real time, which means fewer hours of manual work and more efficiency. Additionally it allows for faster workflow from the point of entry to the invoicing phase, allowing the company to charge faster and increase cash flow, making it a fundamental integrated accounting tool.

What do you dislike?

Since it was implemented in the company where I work we have not had any inconvenience with this software,

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an excellent tool and obtains good results immediately, and serves companies in various fields, online stores that sell products online and then must record sales data in accounting, and large construction companies that use complex work order systems, among others, any company that requires or needs a tool that facilitates accounting processes can use it, is very good and is 100% recommended.

The company donte trabajo is a construction company, I belong to the administrative area so we use QuickBooks to manage system orders, accounts payable, accounts receivable, supplier databases and customer databases, which benefits us greatly because it is an automated program and facilitates the work in the amount of man-hours invested in accounting procedures.

Store Lead, Assistant Manager

"Quick Books Desktop POS Keeps my Museum Store Organized and Up to Date on Payments"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks truly does do it all. Beyond enjoying its capacity to handle incredibly large caches of data for our inventory, vendor information, shipping information, billing information, etc. and still run lightning quick, I greatly appreciate its 'idiot proof' approach to updating prices, completely inventory adjustments and alerting me to problems -- wherever a discrepancy occurs, Quickbooks will send a pop up banner to alert me and provide several solution options.

What do you dislike?

1) Quickbooks does tend to repeatedly crash and freeze up on our servers if it goes just one or two days without installing just-made-available updates.

2) Thus far, Quickbooks has been incredibly difficult to integrate with Shopify or other e-commerce platforms. Apps we have considered to link our Quickbooks to Shopify and track both in real time cost around $500 a month, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Carefully consider how many licenses of Quickbooks your organization will require. If the answer is more than two (i.e, you will need to have Quickbooks running on more than one computer at a time) consider acquiring a less expensive alternative (POSsum point of sale, as one example, or Square) to stay paperless when it comes to customer info, inventory and transactions.

Quickbooks is a robust software that makes everything from remembering patrons' memberships to creating discount pricing for a block of products to sending monthly consignment reports to our artists to running twice annual inventory counts relatively simple, even for those that haven't used it long. I highly recommend it.

"QuickBooks POS is simple and user friendly"

What do you like best?

Very simple and easy to use for non-tech people. Intuitive design and options make it easy to figure out as you go if needed. Easily create and delete items, orders, service requests, etc. Also syncs both store locations very easily with very few issues.

What do you dislike?

Crashes every now and then. Also wish I could tab between different options without having to back fully out of a project. For example: If I am editing an item in the item list, and then want to check a purchase order, I have to back out of the item list instead of being able to tab between the two options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is great for small businesses and allows you to create and edit your own skus, generate purchase orders, make layaways and sales orders, as well as many other functions. The only thing that frustrates me is that I can't tab between projects easily; for example: if I am in a purchase order and want to double check that an item is on a sales order, I have to completely back out of the purchase order, I can't simply switch between the two.

As a small furniture and interior design retail business, we use this for all of our business transactions, from selling a placemat to coordinating orders for entire hotel design projects. It is simple and very intuitive to use, even as a computer-illiterate person! We are able to store notes on each of our customers and each of our vendors which saves a lot of time when customers call in about orders or when needing to reach out to a vendor.

"Pretty Comprehensive POS System"

What do you like best?

Quickbooks makes it easy to store comprehensive customer info, and pull up cards on file quickly to complete payment in a matter of seconds.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to figure out small things - If you accidentally enroll a customer in a rewards program long enough for rewards to accumulate, you'll get a pop-up asking if you want to apply the reward to every purchase of theirs. This occurs even after you un-enroll the customer. I never figured out how to stop those pop-ups, because the software can be a little overwhelming to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No real reason to hesitate. Customer support can be a drag but in my experience there wasn't much need for customer support anyway.

Working at a Dog Daycare, many customers aren't interested in hanging out in the lobby for too long when they come in after work to pick up their dog. They just want to grab their furry friend and go home, which is understandable! QuickBooks made it easy to store customer info, including card info, so that customers could be in and out without fumbling with getting their card out.

Accountant
Oil & Energy

"Quickbooks POS"

What do you like best?

The only thing I liked of this was that it was easy for the cashiers to use. It was very difficult and frustrating since we really needed a POS program urgently, so we chose this one because it was from the same accounting program we use, so it would be supposedly easier to integrate. It looked it was really simple to use and to implement tho, so at least the setting up wasn't that complicated as everything else. I hope that at some point they fix it so it can be use later on, who knows! Maybe they do make it better, since this company has other great products (such as QB's!)

What do you dislike?

Everything else, it was really difficult to connect it even with Quickbooks itself. We sent more than 15 hours a week just trying to work with the support via phone, it was useless, not even them could fix it. I thought it was going to be a great product since its Intuit's, I was very dissapointed. They offered another solution via another program they are offering, but it was way too expensive, the price was prohibitive!

As of, today the problem couldn't been fixed. So it was a waste of money and time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don;t recommend it at all, it was really frustrating the mount of hours wasted trying to make it work, even with their help.

We were trying to have it available for all the stores and with the mobile-stores too.

Secretary
Consumer Goods

"Quick books definitely makes my job go much faster and easier. "

What do you like best?

Quick books allows me to easily search customers and all the information we have on each one. I can find their location, phone number, email address and much more just with a few clicks. I love that i don't have to make my customers wait more than 30 seconds to pull up their account in our system before continuing to help them or take their order.

What do you dislike?

I do not appreciate when my system crashes on me, especially when i'm in the middle of printing my invoices for the day. It is time consuming and sometimes it happens when i am helping a customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will make your work day simpler and more efficient. You should definitely give it a try because of how simple it works but also it isnt hard to learn how to use.

Instead of mailing a customer an invoice, i can easily email the invoice right through my quick books system.

Manager

"Buisness is easy!"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly the pos is. It does not take a long time to learn how to use it. There are a lot of diffrent tools you can use to keep the company organized.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that i disklike, it all has been very helpful for me.

Keeping my inventory organzised and making it so easy to make sales and keep records of what is or what is not selling.

"Does the job well"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and train, has the great feature of being able to add administrators to modify and change things such as price or inventory, has user setting to allow for working but no access to changes. Auto generates UPC codes and can organize info into categories such as price,title,alphabetically or merchandise brand

What do you dislike?

The theme is very outdated, looks like something out of the 2000’s. Reminds me a lot of windows xp in terms of theme. Could use a face lift. Also a bit complicated to navigate and change certain settings, a search bar for settings would be very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Works really well in terms of what it’s said to do, does exactly what it says it does very well

Being able to keep inventory and prices in one place is great, end of day sales report also a very good feature. Able to keep records from everything that’s been changed and/or sold

"Troublesome and buggy"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the item lists are in alphabetical order. That’s about it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that different stores within POS do not communicate with each other (meaning I cannot search one customer’s history in each store and find the same content). I also dislike the fact that when searching for customers, sometimes the customer name does not populate unless you go to customer list. It’s annoying.

We are helping solve inventory issues, but again the trouble with not being able to communicate the Same info in between stores.

AF

"Great easy to learn POS Software"

What do you like best?

I have been using Quickbooks POS software for about 3 years. I have been the manager for the retail store and I had previous QB experience. I have found the QB POS easy to learn and easy to teach others. Teaching others is the main thing that I have really liked.

What do you dislike?

Customer support. If there is a problem and you need to call customer support, it has been closed on weekends. I upgraded the computer system on a saturday, figured I would call and get it all ready to go for a monday morning opening. QB support was closed, therefore I had to call during normal business hours during the week when I was trying to use the POS system and had to wait on hold for almost 30 minutes....

Recommendations to others considering the product:

do all in one such as credit card processing. Keep it simple. do not do outsourced credit card processing.

Easy to do all transactions such as credit cards, end of the day cashup, we are able to import to the quickbooks desktop software. makes things easier at end of month and end of year.

US

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

As a newcomer to point of sale systems, I think that quickbooks is relatively easy to use and learn. It is relatively straightforward when navigating through the different tabs.

What do you dislike?

The POS used to freeze fairly often, and we would have to restart Quickbooks. Occasionally we would have to reach out to Quickbooks support due to glitches, and they would be hard to reach. However, it has been easier to get assistance recently. Also, sometimes the clocking in and out feature freezes, which can be problematic for employees that have busy closing or opening shifts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Overall, I think it is a good choice for POS systems if you are using other forms of Quickbooks software for easy integration of data across your business.

Use the POS system to track basic inventory/sales/etc. and connect with the Quickbooks accounting system. While I do not have a point of comparison with other POS systems, my coworkers report that it was easier to use.

Associate
Banking
(10,001+ employees)

"The new features are game changers"

What do you like best?

QuickBooksPOS's newest version features auto payment reconciliation, improved data security, better performance, and time-saving features. The most important feature of this point of sale system over a different point of sale system is that this system obviously integrates well with QuickBooks accounting software. The most recent updates have materially improved the performance of the software although many of the update by Intuit are backend improvements rather than interface updates.

What do you dislike?

Customer service and support is rather limited and not always available. A listing of those issues include that help is often only available during normal business hours, there is often a lengthy queue, and the assistance that is granted is rather generalized. Also, and as mentioned above, this software doesn't make much sense for business that does not use QuickBooks as its main accounting software because it works best when fully integrated with QuickBooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to spend the upfront time and expense to set everything up correctly instead of later needing to fix your accounts. Most frustration with QuickBooks stems from the difficulty in changing accounts in order to create the look and feel of reports that the end users expect. This area of possible frustration is best mitigated by thoughtfully initially creating and establishing the set of accounts that will be used.

QuickBooksPOS helps my clients enjoy a comprehensive platform that allows them to enter cash and credit card sales, manage relationships and orders with vendors for inventory, and limited customer relationship management.

UP

"Quickbooks for a Small Business"

What do you like best?

I like how easy and instinctive the software is to use. I'm not great with technology, and it is really simple to use.

What do you dislike?

I'm still digging deeper into everything the software will allow me to do, so this may change, but as of now, there isn't anything about it that I don't like. I got away from using it for a bit, but I plan to return to the software to start 2018.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk with other people who have used it even long than I have and see what they say. I bet they will be supportive of it.

The biggest business problem I have solved is that is has made tracking my finances much easier and more streamlined. In turn, I know I am not missing expenses and revenue which, come tax time, will be a huge benefit for me to have more accurate records than I have in the past.

"Great POS system for small businesses"

What do you like best?

This POS system is one of the best in the market, it provides a wide range of features that will expand your business. I use it mainly for a clothing store and some of the features like inventory and invoice generator are really good.

What do you dislike?

The fact that is lags whenever the items reach 10K is a bummer. At first I thought it was my PC but it wasn't.

Quickbooks POS includes a loyalty program feature, that keeps track of current or new customers and saves all purchases that have been made in a range of time.

Communication Director and Events Coordinator
Media Production

"Using quickbooks"

What do you like best?

It keeps everything and is very accurate

What do you dislike?

It quits a lot and is quirky in operation of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It does the job well enough, but it was lacking in some areas so I am shifting to another software.

We use it to keep track of income and remind customers. It is very accurate and has a good tracking tool with it.

UE

"Lots of functions available, but not always user friendly"

What do you like best?

The basic tasks like "make a sale" are easy to get to and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

If you change a customer from a "company" back to a regular customer and a sales order is already been made and a deposit has been placed, the whole sales order becomes messed up. It will not allow you to change the customer but it also will not allow you to take the remaining deposit or do any other tasks. It has happened on multiple occasions because when we import customers from outside programs for some reason it tracks them as a company.

I would also like to be able to put images into the inventory list per item -- it helps customers see what they are actually ordering and would also help new sales people to be able to look at an item in inventory and then be able to find it in the showroom.

It has helped to keep better track of inventory. We can now also track what is the best sellers, track sales by what is sold through cash and carry versus through special order.

Director of IT
Printing

"Quickbooks POS makes sense and cents!"

What do you like best?

Once setup this application will do it all! Inventory? Check. Reports on your best sellers or most profitable hours of operation? Check. Is Sally making all the upsells she can? She isn’t! But check!

What do you dislike?

Tedious inventory system that with multiple locations does not play nice! You can only enter new items at the headquarters? Why?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A real business needs a real piece of software that runs on a reliable real computer.

There’s no better option than this. The “iPad” reliant POS systems aren’t future proof and if hardware breaks or an iOS update breaks something your business suffers.

"Pretty Good out of the Box System"

What do you like best?

Included customer tracking and rewards, pricing levels, the reports dashboard (with multiple pages!)

What do you dislike?

lack of a good mobile solution/sync. The GoPayment app is pretty useless. If we lose internet connection we are using the GoPayment app to take payments but it doesn't sync properly with our large inventory on the desktop POS software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to use it in a mobile situation, we have a tablet with a 4G connection running remote desktop software to get into QuickBooks POS. We then use a Bluetooth Bar Code Scanner to connect to the tablet.

Inventory control, customer tracking, UPC management

"quickbooks pos"

What do you like best?

quickbooks lets us save customer contact information which is very helpful when needing to reach out.

i also love that we are able to check our inventory with ease. it is great to be able to see what we have at both locations of our store and easily let a customer know if an item is in stock.

What do you dislike?

sometimes quickbooks lags or just fails to load what i am looking for, when this happens, our customers think we are uninformed but it really is just the older version of the program that we are using.

ease of use when it actually works. it is very easy to save notes on customers in their profiles which i love.

Graduate Admissions Assistant
Higher Education

"Quickbooks POS"

What do you like best?

I like the overall customer service associated with the program. I have had some questions which have been answered in a very short amount of time and it did not takeme a long time to get in contact with somebody who was able to answer my questions. I think that the website is great for all affiliates however, I wish there was more of a focus on the overall management chain.

What do you dislike?

I find the lack of a streamline design to really be disappointing and complicating to use. This design does not allow the users to focus on the material but instead the user has to work on understanding the application and then going through and re-evaluating the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend taking a few days or even a week just to get acclimated to the program. It is a very confusing interface to use and I have a lot of colleagues who still do not understand how the program works and what exactly it can do to ease the process of analytics.

I think that this program has allowed me to opportunity to grow and understand more about the corporate world. Using a survey webpage is great because it allows great communication between both customers and the professionals managing and inputting the data.

"Just what you need for retail "

What do you like best?

Massive system allows you to fully organize and customize entry of items, organize departments and run reports on your best and worst sellers. You can look at full histories of items and keep receipt and customer records from the day you open.

What do you dislike?

Lack of customization in the sale window. I would like to see more button options. And an increased view size on larger monitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is not for someone whose business needs photo based inventory. But with many tools there is a lot you can do

Finding customers old receipts is easy with this software. You can look up individual items or the purchase date or the customers name. No receipts needed.

Small Business Consultant
Renewables & Environment

"Lifesaver for On The Go"

What do you like best?

I can access QB online from any computer with ease, as well as use my mobile device. The ability to go anywhere means I can easily access information in case of emergency. Once I had to send an invoice to a client ASAP and I was at a mall. All I needed to do was jump into the nearest computer store, log in and complete the task. The security of the program did not have me concerned as the cookies were easily deleted.

What do you dislike?

I wish the app was a little clearer but overall I have no complaints. Being able to do work on the road is incredibly convenient and I am happy to have a tool that offers such ease of access.

When using the card payment system I created a user for someone to access only that system. When this person needed to access the rest of QB Online there was an issue with the username being created in one location and not the other. It would be great to have that bug fixed but this may be an older issue from somewhere else.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

POS is convenient to anyone who may not be tech savvy. It is easy to navigate through and there are many tutorials available if needed.

I have use the complete AR/ AP system as well as budget building, reconciliation, payroll and all the reports that go along. The ability to auto create most transactions for customers as well as use the payment feature made my business much easier to conduct. It allowed me to focus on the future of the company rather than the daily moments.

UA

"I am a QuickBooks ProAdvisor"

What do you like best?

I love that it has been improved on for over 32 years and I own every single year since DOS. I am able to support my clients on it, and help them to run their bookkeeping for their small business.

What do you dislike?

Intuit is always pushing that horrific QBO and my clients and I hate it. I have a contest every year to see who can take the most clients off of that version. The desktop is far superior and most corporate small businesses are on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Always use the QuickBooks Desktop Accounting software with it...never ever QuickBooks Online

It is great for my clients with storefronts

"Gets the job done for payroll time"

What do you like best?

It is easy to learn. I never used it before and was worried when hired and learned quick books was the way we had to manage everything with payment. I also like the accuracy.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is a lot going on, although it is easy to use for what I need it for the other aspects of it are a bit all over the place.

Keeping customers organized is a huge problem we solved.

Chiropractor/Owner
Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Basic works well for my small business"

What do you like best?

I like that it helps me keep track of inventory and keep track of what customers have bought in the past. Easy to use for the small amount of retail that I do in my office.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. Bigger businesses will find that the basic POS is not enough for what they need. They would need the pro version

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that the basic POS is what you need. Certain businesses will need the Pro version. FAQ will provide a lot of info to help you decide.

I can keep track of my inventory and keep details on transactions and what customers buy. This helps me to decide which inventory to keep in the office and which inventory to get rid of.

QuickBooksPOS Features

7.7
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.1*
* Retail POS Category
Do you work for QuickBooksPOS?

QuickBooksPOS Categories on G2