Project Insight

3.5

Our project management software includes advanced features like: MS Project import and export, intelligent scheduling, resource management, resource allocation, forecasting, document management, issue tracking, approvals, time tracking, expense tracking, permissions, security, reports, portfolio management, customizable, Outlook integration and more!

Work for Project Insight?

Learning about Insight?

Project Insight Reviews

Ask Insight a Question
Showing 11 Insight reviews
Insight review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Shortlived"

What do you like best?

While using it, the features looked like they would be ideal for our company. They have all the right terms, RFIs, Submittals, Change Order Logs, etc. We do still use the Plan Room portion to create and send bid invitations.

What do you dislike?

The website is not incredibly efficient. It can be slow and time consuming to use. Although we tried to keep using it, not enough employees found the tool to be worth their time. We do however still use the Plan Room portion.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you don't have a software, this is a good stepping stone to moving your business forward. It was a great option for our in-between time before implementing an completely all-inclusive software that included Project Management and Accounting rolled into one.

Before we updated to a different system, it was our only way of creating transmittals for items unless we used a Microsoft Office created document. We do, however, still exclusively use the Plan Room portion.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Project Insight
Insight review by Collin H.
Collin H.

"Keeping Your Day Organized"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to customize the way I view upcoming/overdue tasks and projects.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am unable to set the complete percentage of multiple tasks at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Beware of hiding projects that are active. It's easy to forget what's going on until you get overdue notifications.

Keeping projects organized when you are dealing 40-50 at a time is a nightmare. Project insight makes this much simpler by providing a way to organize all project related materials and personnel.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Insight review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Always glitching, super slow, not intuitive, poor setup"

What do you like best?

The only thing I like is that I am used to it after using for years.

What do you dislike?

Almost everything. It is not intuitive. It has an outdated UI/UX. It is constantly glitching - mainly when I really need it to work - it totally slows down and affects productivity. It is not as customizable as I would like. Truly I wish we could move to different software but we seem to be in too deep with too much data within the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look for something else! I absolutely DO NOT recommend it!

Project Management, Time keeping, Invoicing

Insight review by User

"Need control? PROJECT INSIGHT is the Answer"

What do you like best?

From different projects to a single individual in the company everyone can be monitored and controlled at the same time. How the software enables the user to form teams and independently control their tasks are some of the necessities that construction companies were hungry for is made easy. The number of task force created helps for the project to dynamically fine tune this activities for increasing productivity. The portfolio management as a whole is in real time tracking with the time and expense so the you can always be aware of the project risks.

What do you dislike?

There is not much issues with the software whereas the scheduling of the project can be developed to the level where the cost of each items in the bill of quantities and the expenses of the activities in works in progress can be dynamically monitored and controlled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can give this software a try for a small project as a trial because the features are so easy to learn and implement. And the best thing is the blog where you can always communicate with the software experts for any confusion in its working.

The project in hand were so easily deal with because with the help of this software the different deliverables at distant site were so efficiently managed by the warehouse department due to the real time tracking feature which enabled us as per the progress of the projects, on time, cost and quality.

Insight review by User

"Project Insight is very useful for the field I work in"

What do you like best?

Project Insight makes it easy to keep track of our clients progress and where we are at in various projects that come through the company.

What do you dislike?

I think the search tool could use improvement. Have had issues either not finding a project and needing exact titles, and other times where it finds too many projects I have to sift through.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For those considering using Project Insight, I would recommend this program. It is easy to use and a great way to store information while allowing multiple users to access.

Being able to keep all of our client progress and information in one program.

Insight review by User in Higher Education

"Project Management made easy"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the GUI that Project Insight offers. I also have come to like the timer feature that allows you to have the system count the time that will be designated toward a task. Once I have set the timer, I no longer have to take note of when I start and end a task. But in the event that I somehow forget to do that the system let you retroactively apply your time to a task which is also helpful

What do you dislike?

I dislike the Issues, Task feature thats setup up to only show tasks assigned to you in your task listing as opposed to tasks you assign and are assigned. So for example, if I assign a task to a team member, I will not see it in my task listing and it will only show up in theirs. But I believe it will be helpful to see all the tasks I created whether I assigned it to myself or someone else.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The GUI is very intuitive and its a very powerful too. The reports tab may prove most helpful for managers who need to see analytical data. This can generate Gantt charts without half of the work required in Microsoft Project

The Project Insight software has made managing projects alot easier where the management of resources are concerned. It is also very easy to use and quite intuitive so it required minimal training for us to be able to implement and start using the software.

Our office has had a long history of poor documentation where the managing of our projects is concerned and this tool is making it easier and more accessible.

Insight review by User in Internet

"Time Entry is a Chore"

What do you like best?

Confirmation messages to confirm intent of what you are trying to do

What do you dislike?

Time entry is a bit hard to do within the tool. I've used other programs such as Harvest and had a better user experience.

To use Harvest as an example, there are dedicated apps that can run outside of the browser, that allow you to categorize your time.

For when you are manually entering time--Harvest for instance allows you to edit what has already been saved; where as with Project Insight if you need to make a correction you'd need to pull out some math skills to edit

Timetracking -- benefits are in understanding where time is spent

Insight review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"Better than nothing; wish it was faster and more innovative! "

What do you like best?

Reporting - the ability to see resource allocation across the team.

Import/Export - ability to create a plan outside of Insight and then upload it later. The ability to export reports and invoices.

Invoicing - the ability for users to submit invoices through the system based on hours inputted against assigned tasks vs. creating a manual invoice.

What do you dislike?

Slow! Take a significant amount of time to perform each action - this is probably why I prefer to create a .mpp outside of Project Insight as it's so much faster to manipulate the plan, and then import it once it's closer to being finalized.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They seem a little inflexible in terms of exploring recommended enhancements. We purchased the enterprise license and felt somewhat "stuck" - we would really have liked a more social platform and potentially one with a better document management component.

Multiple projects utilizing the same resources - need to see resource allocation across the business in order to ensure we could commit to new business.

Capturing hours to perform tasks for benchmarking purposes on future work.

Insight review by Divya Singh Chauhan, L.
Divya Singh Chauhan, L.

"Project Engineer"

What do you like best?

Helps putting everything together, good tool

What do you dislike?

Way too complicated to use, not user friendly

I just gave it a try to have updated information at one place

"It’s saving lives "

What do you like best?

I like that meetings have been eliminated due to this product. Our company project manager can effeciently monitor hundreds of projects and their timelines.

What do you dislike?

Approvals can get confusing at times but other than that nothing.

Double projects are no more and communication between departments has improved.

Insight review by User

"Keeps it all synced up"

What do you like best?

Everyone can be on the same page and know what’s going on with particular projects even for small businesses.

What do you dislike?

I liked everything when I tried it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it. Try it out anyway.

Less miscommunication takes place when people can look at the same info.

Learning about Project Insight?

* We monitor all Project Insight reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.