Plesk

Plesk

Plesk is a cloud-based web hosting control panel that helps run, automate and grow applications, websites and hosting businesses in more than 26 languages across 140 countries in the world. 50% of the top 100 worldwide service providers are partnering with Plesk today.

Work for Plesk?

Learning about Plesk?

Plesk Reviews

Ask Plesk a Question
Showing 98 Plesk reviews
Thomas W.

"Amazing server software the beats cPanel"

What do you like best?

We use Plesk to manage all our website projects and it is absolutely amazing! It has a ton of extensions and built in plugins that make it easily extensible to fit any business' needs and to manage multiple projects each with their own separate needs! The language support alone has made it way better than cPanel, but the features overall put it leaps and bounds ahead in my opinion!

What do you dislike?

It has a small learning curve to figure out exactly how you need it setup for your business. There is also the license subscription which may make this option harder for someone looking for an open source or free alternative to manage their websites. If you can get past the learning curve it is an amazing server software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to look through the extension library as well as the different options for software packages that can be enabled in the Plesk updage/upgrade options. It may take a while to setup, but once you do you can easily have a fully featured server that does a lot of what you need for free or at a lower cost than a third-party service.

We use Plesk to manage each of our client and in-house websites. It has made setting up a website and deploying it live so easy and the library of different extensions has allowed us to setup security and emailing solutions in-house to avoid having to pay for third-party subscriptions to accomplish the same tasks!

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Plesk
Robert C.

"Better for experienced admins"

What do you like best?

The ability to access and manage various server services and make quick tweaks to settings. In addition, that ability to create users with multiple hosting accounts tied to them was a nice addition. Support was very responsive anytime we reached out, which is the reason I rate the product as high as I have.

What do you dislike?

The GUI feels like it was rushed through and the end user experience wasn't really taken into consideration. They also seem to lag behind when it comes to updating the style/accessibility of the GUI. Some of the processes were bloated and could have been more streamlined for a standard user to handle. In addition, it just didn't feel right, sometimes you have to jump through multiple areas just to find the setting you needed to change was buried under multiple links.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to evaluate all the options. Most of them hover around the same price point these days. There are many out there that have come further than Plesk over the years but for some organizations, Plesk might be a much better fit than it was for ours.

We were looking for a solution to easily manage multiple site hosting, offer email hosting and client accounts that could also automate some server maintenance, backups, and other tasks. Additionally, we wanted an easy way to have clients manage their own email addresses and DNS records.The customer side of the admin, while I didn't like the look of, was easy for our clients to interact with.

What Virtual Private Servers (VPS) solution do you use?

Hugo M.

"A leader in web hosting control panels, if you can afford it."

What do you like best?

* Many options of additions.

* Support for many technologies (several versions of PHP available, Docker and NodeJS).

* It can be installed in many flavors of Linux, even in Windows

* The administrative dashboard is very intuitive and easy to use.

* Integrates general security tools, and a specific one for WordPress.

What do you dislike?

* Something costly

* Many add-ons imply additional recurring costs.

* The TCO of the solution tends to be elevated even for simple solutions.

* Although normally it does not have security flaws, these exist.

* Plesk handles the recurring collection of the license (either monthly or annually) through a third party, if it expires it can be a hell to renew it, make sure you never fall into that situation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our best recommendation is to take advantage of the trial period provided by Plesk, examine the options and support material on the website, in particular the administrative guides.

Also, calculate very well the add-ons you are going to use, many have costs, that although for some cases they are not high, they are recurrent, and everything adds up.

Despite having some security measures, it is an aspect that can not be neglected, nor rely completely on this software.

We use Plesk as a control panel of our web hosting services for our clients, from the point of view of ease of use, clarity of information displayed, and manageable settings, it is a great tool.

Daniel F.

"easy to manage and use "

What do you like best?

I have been using Plesk for many years to allow my clients to manage their sites. One of the comments that keeps coming up is ease of use and one click installs. I have converted customers from the cpanel interface to plesk. The ease of use is one of the main reasons why I will continue to use plesk as my main CMS.

What do you dislike?

Charge for extensions. I understand that not all extensions can be free however Plesk has increased the price per month . the latest version highlights and promotes me to use extension however at a cost. If some of the highlighted extensions were made to be free or at a discounted cost per month I would be more inclined to use them

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Purely down to ease of use. The domain management is so easy to use. I have used Cpanel in the past and it just didnt feel easy. Plus I felt it was more aimed at a more technical user. This i ok for my self but for other users it was not. The price is also a factor. Plesk allows low cost monthly fee which suits me better.

Complicated panels, plesk is not only visually inviting it allows the average user to navigate around there domain control panel. I have had some customers with little to no technical knowledge add mail accounts from a simple guide . This is one the main reasons my customers stay with me.

Tony R.

"Plesk - Automation for Windows Hosting"

What do you like best?

Plesk Support and Automation of Web Hosting, usability and ease. Plesk allows a web hosting manger to be able to fully manage their server via the web remotely. In addition, it provides apps (iOS/Android) to have a better and faster mobile experience really taking technology to the next level. The support Plesk provides is very helpful and will find your hosting solutions. If you need additional help, there are many extensions available that further enhances the software to meet business solution needs!

What do you dislike?

Speed at time or having to reconfigure using repair tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start by having high resources and deallocate/scale appropriately thereafter. If you're having issues with installation, use, or questions - there are many knowledge-base articles and forums with support for Plesk. If you are unable to find your answer or receive the support you needs, Plesk's support is far better than most support systems. We receive free support due to the partnership we have with Plesk and is very cost-effective. Make sure you know your costs and what it takes to have a nice return on investment (ROI.) I recommend this product to anyone and everyone trying to save time and money.

Automation of practices which helps decrease time on completing necessary processes to assist with the bottom line. Training documentation/support is readily available and allows for easy troubleshooting. Plesk support is far superior to most support systems and really stands apart from other automated hosting solutions.

Aladi V.

"Experience with plesk"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of features to talk about. But to make it short and simple, what Parallels Plesk Panel does is package everything you need to manage and deploy modern websites and applications in a very clean and extensible administrator. The most important thing I would like to point out are the security features that Plesk provides for Wordpress. Wordpress is extremely vulnerable to attacks and Plesk provides many ways to protect it easily.

What do you dislike?

You may have to play with some settings to get the desired results, which can be confusing to begin with. For example, deploying a RubyOnRails application with Capistrano is not that simple. You will have to make some changes to the settings to get it going. But once done it is a fairly simple process is.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You really should understand how to use the SSH and plesk console otherwise you will go crazy or you need someone who is certified in this. It is not easy for you not to learn it by watching a video on YouTube.

Our websites have different IPs and redirects that do not lead everyone to the same address. This helps with page rank in Google and other search engines. Each domain is seen as separate entities instead of an entire being.

Juanfran G.

"Straightforward and useful facilitating Panel"

What do you like best?

Apparatuses that permits me that agreeable and straightforward facilitating board. One of the basic things I cherish about this board is that free and I can introduce on any Linux working framework, for my situation I have utilized it in CentOS and I worked ponders.

What do you dislike?

I don't hate this board, I feel that I have never had any curiosity or inconvenience about this brilliant program of free programming, this Panel has a care group willing to help you in any worry or in the event that you ask for data to the administration Hosting with which you are partnered.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I prescribe this board exceptionally for your solace and simplicity of playing out the arrangement with the goal that your area can point to that server and therefore work as a facilitating control board for nothing

With this board I settle numerous business things, in light of the fact that my organization relies upon deals or electronic trade, I have understood that I can here just to make post represents my workers and in this way have the capacity to send to every customer data from various Email accounts

Bryan A.

"The best control panel that i ever try"

What do you like best?

The docker features is awesome, it help us implement new feature without disturb our running system. It also have direct Node.js feature. It also have much Extensions that will help you manage your server.

What do you dislike?

Lake for apache perfomance, but it little help with the nginx

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This control panel help us to focus on our businnes despite just managing server.

Before we use plesk we must have separate server to running our system, because we have PHP based and Node.js system. With Plesk we just need one server and configure the two system run. It safe a lot of our resource because we just need one single app to control all of our system. And the docker is the awesome feature, we can to implement new technology without changing our server system.

Jonathan Y.

"Forget cPanel, Plesk is the new hotness"

What do you like best?

Plesk brings modern web development and application management to your web server. Forget getting lost in WHM or trying to muck through config files. Plesk offers easy to use pages to manage your websites, SSL certificates, Git pulling, and even Docker containers that forward to those servers. It's beyond easy to use and an immediate win for every company I've ever used it with.

What do you dislike?

Plesk is a little less easy to configure specific server options for those hardcore server admins. It's not impossible to manage these changes, but it definitely requires more work than I'd like it to. Also it's really difficult to manage multiple web servers with Plesk as you don't have a sync option (last I checked).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Plesk is ideal for small single servers, rather than giant clusters. If you are a small agency and want to run Wordpress I'd HIGHLY recommend this over ANY OTHER option.

Simplifying time required to publish a website. Most of our small-sized websites no longer require much effort to deploy or maintain. We deploy plesk on both cloud machines and dedicated servers.

Kingsley F.

"Kingsley's experience using plesk"

What do you like best?

I like that plesk is easy to install, setup and use with no or little knowledge about control panels. It was much simpler than Control panel used by most hosting company and less expensive as at that time. And the regular update plus new features its wonderful

What do you dislike?

What i dislike about plesk is that its too expensive and support is a liitle bit poor but they are trying and so far even though they have access to our login details we have not noticed any breach. I really like it and hope they reduce the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Plesk is nice, you really need to give it a shot.... i urge you to

We use plesk to host our websites and provide email hosting, something we really like and wanted

Johannes V.

"Really, really a bad company. A utter disgrace in the webhosting world!"

What do you like best?

Well the product Plesk was almost perfect for almost 15 years. Their pricing was one of the best in the industries. And we experienced Plesk from 7.5.4 to it's current version Plesk Onyx 17.5.3. Sometimes the advertisements are annoying, but still it "was" a good product.

What do you dislike?

We have been a solid partner of Plesk for many, many years (almost 15 years). We went through SWsoft, Parallels, Odin and then back to Plesk during all these years. We never had an issue before, until recently.

Plesk, who are now a separate business entity, decided to increase their pricing. Ofcourse we can live with a price increase. It's normal for companies to increase their prices a "bit", but what Plesk decided is an utter disgrace...!

Pricing increased, for us (a loyal partner of Plesk for many years) by 875%... This is absurd and insane.

Before the price increase we would pay about 1000 USD per month.

...after the price increase we now have to pay almost 5000 USD!

No self-respected company would increase their pricing this way. This is the first time, since we went in business, we have experienced something like this (20+ years).

This is how Plesk nowadays treats their loyal customers / partners. This is really not normal. Plesk really does NOT care about their loyal and long-standing partners. Plesk is, simply put, a DISGRACE!

Obviously we cannot enforce our customers to pay 875% increase, because we received this increase from Plesk. Unlike Plesk we actually do value our customers.

So we decided to look for alternatives, something which we needed to do before. As a result we already canceled over 100 Plesk licenses completely. Another 70 will follow before the beginning of next month and after that we will continue to cancel another 150 licenses.

Because of this despicable treatment of Plesk we decided to bid Plesk completely farewell and use alternatives. So hopefully we can get rid of Plesk completely within 4 - 6 months (over 450 Plesk licenses).

So be warned...

Our conclusion; if you are in the hosting business and you value your money and want to be treated seriously and with respect, then avoid Plesk at all costs...! They are just a bunch of scammers nowadays, really!

Sidenote; I have 100% proof of everything and invoices who can confirm this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Doubt we will be a partner for much longer, especially considering the 875% price increase. Other companies are thinking of doing the same as us; drop Plesk completely.

Webhosting business, virtual and dedicated servers, reseller plans and so on.

Alberto T.

"The best control panel, but still can improve"

What do you like best?

Easy to admin. Good tools and good GUI.

Plugins are excelent, and options to configure each subscription are extensive and cover most of requeriments.

Wordpress toolkit made our life easy.

What do you dislike?

More free options for mail, like tools to fight spam and virus. Hability to include personalixed rules for spamassassin from the panel (like a form).

Hability to renew a subscription with 1click, like suspend or dissable. No need to personalize the subscription to just renew it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use for admins and customers.

Enought tools to fit all requeriments

Wordpress installations, clone and moving. Just fantastic I can do it from the panel without edit code or databases.

Now I can keep all my wordpress installations up-to-date, and control my customers installations.

Would be fantantic have our own personal plugin/theme repository, so if I have a licensed plugin in several installations, I can store it in my personal repository and update with one-click all the installations.

Un-attributed

"Long time Plesk user for SMB/multiple domain management"

What do you like best?

The user interface makes server management and installation of modules/features intuitive. Plesk has also introduced some great features and modules over the years including NGINX, Google PageSpeed, multiple PHP version management. It has allowed me to progress from a novice to advanced server admin over the last decade – as I have got busier with work, Plesk still does the heavy lifting.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Plesk has been relatively slow to adopt features – for example they were not immediate to adopt theGoogle PageSpeed module (mod_pagespeed) or LetsEncrypt however this may be over critical as this is only from my personal experience and requirements and there have usually ways to install cutting edge or beta technologies for development/testing such as through the servers CLI. That said, when implemented, the modules and configuration options/levels of customisation are well considered and stable. Their development roadmap makes sense in this context.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try.

Managing time between web development and server management. Allowing us to focus on areas of the business with higher margin (e.g. website development and design) and not spending unnecessary time managing servers. The Plesk mobile apps also provide reassurance when we are off site that our services are running.

Lucas R.

"Easy solution to run your websites and servers without issues"

What do you like best?

The easiness to have multiple websites up and running in a few minutes.

The Wordpress management is super intuitiv and comes with a lot of extras

I also like the great reactions in the facebook group of Plesk because if you ever encounter a problem there is always someone with a solution.

What do you dislike?

The first setup was a little bit to long but as it is only a first setup it doesn't disturb that much. In the meantime this has changed and a lot of things got optional.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an easy and professional way to solve all your hosting problems => Go use Plesk

Hosting and operating multiple websites and web projects. You have everything where you want and need it and thanks to extensions you can nearly do everything inside Plesk without leaving the control panel or switch to another tool.

There was a great blog article about setting up your wordpress with varnishe thanks to the docker integration. After having my testsites live with cache I moved nearly all websites on that server behind the varnish cache. Never thought it is that easy.

Jose Ramon M.

"Mejor panel de administración"

What do you like best?

Hay un montón de características de las que hablar. Pero para que sea breve y sencillo, lo que hace Parallels Plesk Panel es empaquetar todo lo que necesita para gestionar e implantar sitios web y aplicaciones web modernas en un administrador muy limpio y extensible. Lo más importante que me gustaría señalar son las características de seguridad que Plesk proporciona para Wordpress. Wordpress es extremadamente vulnerable a los ataques y Plesk proporciona muchas formas de protegerlo fácilmente.

What do you dislike?

Puede que tenga que jugar con algunas configuraciones para obtener los resultados deseados, lo que puede ser confuso para empezar. Por ejemplo, desplegar una aplicación RubyOnRails con Capistrano no es tan sencillo. Tendrá que hacer algunos cambios en las configuraciones para ponerlo en marcha. Pero una vez hecho es un proceso bastante simple después.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Usted realmente debe entender cómo utilizar la consola SSH y plesk de lo contrario usted se volverá loco o usted necesita a alguien que está certificado en esto. No es fácil que no lo aprendas viendo un video en youtube.

Nuestros sitios web tienen diferentes IPs y redirecciones que no llevan a todos a la misma dirección. Esto ayuda con el pagerank en Google y otros motores de búsqueda. Cada dominio es visto como entidades separadas en lugar de un ser entero.

Jessica W.

"Great host for a windows server"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of options for a small web developer to take care of everyday tasks. I had a security breach and Plesk resolved my threat in 5 days. I've never had this type of service from another cPanel. Also find this interface the most straight forward to manage email and accounts on the day to day- it's very easy to troubleshoot and figure out yourself (without any intervention).

What do you dislike?

I find the need to restart frequently to fix bugs- may be some glitches that still need to be fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use interface, straight forward and easy to navigate. Great for admin and day to day task completion.

Setting up tasks using the time and date feature so i can essentially outsource my work myself in one go.

Dipesh B.

"Best admin panel for your VPS"

What do you like best?

There are whole lot of features to talk about. But to keep it short and simple, what Plesk does is that it packages everything you need to manage and deploy modern websites and web apps into very clean and extensible admin. Oe important thing i would like to point out is the security features Plesk provide out of box for Wordpress. Wordpress is extremely vulnerable to attacks and Plesk provide lot of ways to secure it easily.

What do you dislike?

You might have to play around with some configurations to get the desired results, which can be confusing to start with. For example, deploying RubyOnRails app with Capistrano is not that straightforward. You will have to do some changes in configurations to get it going. But once done it is fairly simple process afterwards.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended for web development companies who deliver websites on Wordpress and web apps based on RubyOnRails. Will save you lot of time and hassle.

Prior to Plesk we were building VPS from scratch which as there were no admin panel we liked working with before. Some lack features, some had bad UI, some difficult to configure. In short for one or the other reasons we were not able to use any admin panel, so we used to build VPS from scratch which was very time consuming and required deep knowledge and skills to optimise it. With Plesk we get optimised stack out of box, and it has been so much faster and easier to deploy websites and web apps and keep them secured with SSL and other security features.

Moica R.

"Great solution for hosting automation"

What do you like best?

Plesk has many great features that I like to use:

1. Installing Plesk is an easy step and doesn't take any effort

2. Plesk is a cloud base control panel that is easily accessible from any device

3. The platform has many great options that I like including the integration with Google PageSpeed that I use a lot

4. Very convenient price

5. Very good customer support

What do you dislike?

There are no tutorials for any new features added after each update

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended as a user friendly platform. So far we didn't experience any issues while using Plesk in our office.

Plesk provides a secure hosting system and helped us to solve all of our mailing system issues that we used before

Alvaro R.

"Simple and functional hosting Panel"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent hosting panel, where I can configure the DNS zone, logs of my domains, emails, make Web content, among others

Tools that allows me that comfortable and simple hosting panel. One of the simple things I love about this panel is that free and I can install on any Linux operating system, in my case I have used it in CentOS and I worked wonders.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike this panel, I feel that I have never had any novelty or annoyance about this wonderful program of free software, this Panel has a support group willing to help you in any concern or if you request information to the service Hosting with which you are affiliated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this panel in a special way for your comfort and ease of performing the configuration so that your domain can point to that server and thus function as a hosting control panel for free

With this panel I solve many commercial things, because my company depends on sales or electronic commerce, I have realized that I can here in a simple way to create post accounts for my employees and thus be able to send to each client information from different Email accounts

Un-attributed

"Easy, secure and powerful"

What do you like best?

Powerful control panel for everything I did on command line before and very easy SSL configuration (e.g. with Let's Encrypt) with only a few clicks. The ability to install extensions makes it very easy to add new features and there are some very good extensions like "KernelCare" which protects your server by installing kernel updates without having to reboot it.

What do you dislike?

Currently nothing. I've had some minor problems in the past but their support always helped me quickly and solved all of my problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you waste a lot of time by doing everything manually on your web hosting server then Plesk is the right thing for you! It lets you manage everything from a powerful web control panel. Especially the SSL feature with Let's Encrypt ist really powerful and lets you secure a complete website within a few clicks. It also takes care of renewing the certificates when needed without having to use the command line.

Webhosting business with a lot of sites got very fast, secure and easy.

Alexia p.

"Must know what you are doing!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to access plesk from anywhere including my cellular. However, this is based on know how not an app or any suport.

What do you dislike?

Servers fail a lot and no support given when it happens. You must be knowledgeable to fix it yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You must really understand how to use SSH console and plesk otherwise you will make yourself crazy or you need someone who is certified in this. It is not easy you will not learn it from watching a youtube video.

Our websites have different IPs and redirects not leading all to the same address. This helps with pagerank on Google and other search engines. Each domain is seen as separate entities instead of one entire being.

John L.

"Great way to manage our customer's websites"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage all aspects of hosting from a clean UI is a blessing. Updating PHP versions is super simple and all of the extensions and apps are a great value add. Technical support has also been great!

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much not to like. We have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you haven't tried, give it a shot!

We spend less time doing routine maintenance on the server environment and are able to put that time to better use.

John W.

"Easier to manage server"

What do you like best?

Pleak allows me to easier to create virtual hosts and each virtual host has its own user group so that each host is isolation. In case one host is infected, other host will not impacted.

What do you dislike?

Some configurations cannot set in the Plesk panel. Some knowledge in SSH is needed to configure. Their support site regarding completing things in SSH is quite good and easy to follow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not expensive.

Managing server is time-consuming. Plesk helps manage virtual hosts with less effort and minimum technical knowledge.

Xavi F.

"Excellent support"

What do you like best?

We switch to Plesk from their competitors for they excellent support and customer service. Most answers for our questions are in a few minutes, and support always give 110%!

What do you dislike?

We encorauge to offer local billing aswell as they ofefer local support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give a try, it's a great product that is improving in each version.

We have simplified our deployments with the guarantees of have an excellent support helping us if needed.

Olivia B.

"Solid hosting control panel"

What do you like best?

There are many things that I like about Plesk. 1) The control panel and the user interface are easy to navigate which is great compared to others. 2) Nice encryption system for securing your website. 3) Managing multiple websites is easy and doesn't require any experience. 4) Plesk Price is affordable.

What do you dislike?

I haven't experience any problems so far and there is nothing that I disliked about Plex

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommended for people without any experience in using a hosting control panel for managing multiple websites.

Plesk saves a lot of effort and time for hosting and managing our clients' websites. Clients can also access and manage their website settings,

Adam H.

"Useful backend hosting system"

What do you like best?

Coming from a command line based hosting environment, I have found that Plesk is relatively easy to get used to. It does require somewhat of a learning curve however trying to find out where everything is buried, but does have everything in one spot rather than dotted around like on command line for hosting management setup.

Do like DNS configuration as this is extremely easy to get ones head around rather than the piece meal systems that most other providers use. TTL did require a chat with hosting providers in order to enable this within Plesk.

Also being able to swap and change PHP version is also quite handy expecially when wanting to upgrade to PHP7 when the code is ready, simply click and done other than a huge faff of doing an update via command line.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve, everything is there its just a question of finding out exactly where it is buried. Also the other issue is updates to the system can sometimes fail, which require another round the evening later to be successfully completed. On one occasion had PHP-FPM fail due to some configuration issue within the backend of Plesk, our hosting providers were able to sort this with an upgrade to Plesk, perhaps some additional testing by Plesk would route out issues like this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to check out the manual so you can find everything, failing that contact a 3rd party contractor to give you an hours run through so you can find everything or prepare to be frustrated at where everything is buried!

Hosting platform

AC
Un-attributed

"Affordable Server Management Software"

What do you like best?

Easily update and manage multiple WordPress sites

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment. We would like more access to some Mod Security features and Apache. I suppose there might be some plugins for this but native support would be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Plesk is not for everyone. If you just need a website it might not be worth the overhead. Otherwise if you manage multiple clients and sites it make sense.

We provide hosting services as a courtesy to our clients. Plesks allows us to offer quality hosting, email and server management at a low cost. It works well with most Linux environments and from our observations is less buggy than Cpanel. Most of our clients use WordPress for their sites and we appreciate that Plesk lets us update and maintain their sites through a single interface.

Ganesh P.

"Powerful Control Panel"

What do you like best?

Plesk is the best control panel for Hosting providers as wells as for customers it is easier to host website and add SSL to website and also i can able to use php controllers.

What do you dislike?

Only the pricing is bit at the higher part.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best control panel to host website and resell hosting space.

Solved a big head ache for me, less than an 5 min i had hosted a website.

Un-attributed

"What Plesk has done for me."

What do you like best?

The best thing about Plesk is the system updates and WordPress Tool kit, the WoredPress tool kit has saved me so much time with deploying and managing Wordpress sites and keeping upto date with updates.

What do you dislike?

one of the things I don't like is not really a dislike but I don't like the fact it's hard to use an external mail system without lots of extra work and tweaking, although 99% of the time this is not required.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out, you wont regret it.

Simplifies the management of hosting and updates freeing up time to do other things.

Eric H.

"Excellent Control Panel"

What do you like best?

I've been using Plesk for approximately 10 years now. It's grown from a good product to an awesome product that I don't live without for our commodity hosting customers

What do you dislike?

The only thing not to like is the changes between versions when some things are moved around. This is typical with almost any product however, from web services to operating systems. It's a fairly minor dislike.

The biggest benefit is managing our smaller websites and let's customers manage their own settings. It makes it easy to handle things without having to set everything up manually.

Rajesh K.

"Make hosting easy with Plesk "

What do you like best?

I like the way it is built. It is very easy to use and configure things by using tool in plesk panal.

I easily host a different website in few minutes but in iis I will take some time to complete it.

What do you dislike?

Over all everything is good and I would recommend to everyone who is willing to start a website or host website on their own using plesk

Easy creation of database backup and import and export of databases.

Assign different user for the database with credentials

It reduce lots or manual query works

Un-attributed

"Easy and convenient way to manage your servers"

What do you like best?

The UI has been improved dramatically during the last few years and now it's very easy to use, both for admins and users. It's also really easy to install and there are also a few great extensions like wordpress toolkit and firewall.

What do you dislike?

Support for PHP 7.3 is a bit inconsistent. Mobile app could also be improved to have the same functionality as the web panel. Also, additional language packages are quite expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the trial version first to make sure it meets your needs

To provide shared hosting solutions to clients

Roberta B.

"Easy Domain and Hosting Management"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and manage hosting environment. Integration of WordPress and easy to install and configure extensions like Let's Encrypt make hosting websites a breeze.

What do you dislike?

We have a primary and backup server running Plesk and have noticed differences between the servers after software updates. We ended up having to troubleshoot the problems encountered.

Centralized management and hosting of websites using an easy to use interface saves time on management of websites. Provides ability to automate the installation of SSL certificates for our clients and global settings make setup a breeze.

Un-attributed

"Stable yet Feature Dynamic Multi-Tenant Webhosting Platform"

What do you like best?

What I like best about plesk is how stable their product is. They continually release patches & features, however you don't have to worry about an outage.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is website migrations. When an operating server or plesk version goes end of life getting clients to update their site to a supported version can be a challenge.

Hosting a multi-tenant website server that is secure & locked down. Benefits are the stability of the product & auto updates via their WordPress Toolkit has really helped clients keep their site up-to-date.

AP
Un-attributed

"Good For The Price But Better Services Avalible"

What do you like best?

I LOVE that Plesk is affordable and has an option for every budget. There is a small business plan that is $70 for unlimited use. However, if unlimited use is not needed there are options for a single user or 5 users for a reduced fee.

What do you dislike?

Although I LOVE the price this is also the biggest downfall. A monthly fee can rank up fairly quickly. One year alone for unlimited use is $840. There are other companies that offer the same unlimited services that cost under $500 when a year plan is purchased in full upfront.

Plesk is a reliable webhost service that has a control panel that can be operated/controlled from anywhere by using its Cloud features. This allows the business to adjust their website on the go. Anyone with rights can log on and make the necessary updates. There isn’t a need to download a software and limit use to one device. We are also using the various extensions alliable to design webpages and adjust templates.

Shawn O.

"Keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

They keep it current and are always improving it. There support is quick to help which is a big plus.

What do you dislike?

Recent price increase was large but was the first in a very long time and it is still less expensive than cpanel.

It's a control panel for managing websites on a web server. Makes it easy to add websites and manage multiple web sites especially WordPress websites..

Moien V.

"Plesk is one of the oldest Hosting control panel that provide you anything in hosting"

What do you like best?

Control Panel's new theme is I liked more and also software categorize folders. Other hosting control panels are great, but they only work on Linux servers. Plesk has no such restrictions.

What do you dislike?

Different view and not user friendly like other hosting control panel

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have multiple servers, you can control all of them from a single control panel. Plesk is more secure than other hosting control panel and its not only for linux user. It’s a robust cross-platform alternative to cPanel that has many features that cPanel could only dream of.

I used it for a dot net website control panel and it more better than other hosting control panel that support dot net hosting.

Jay S.

"Awesome software "

What do you like best?

Using Plesk makes it easy to perform basic actions like creating emails ,uploading files ,pointing server to domain and more importantly the ability to perform all of the aforementioned actions remotel

What do you dislike?

As of now no complaints here! makes everything so much easier

Plesk has great intuitive interface to manage all aspect of web hosting business. It is rich in features that are not available in other such software. File Manager and Database management solutions are great way to handle bigger files.

Alvin A.

"Outstanding product "

What do you like best?

I like the easy integration of modern web technologies in one easy service.

What do you dislike?

There’s nothing I dislike about Plesk. It just keeps getting better and better.

The ability to provide our customers with a highly reliable product while lowering administrative workload.

James R.

"Plesk makes running a web server extremely simple and easy"

What do you like best?

The features offered with the control panel is by far my most valued feature. Having setup multiple web servers manually, having the ability to one-click Let's Encrypt, switch PHP version, etc. is invaluable.

What do you dislike?

The control panel's UI can be quite convoluted, especially when domain count is high. There is definitely a learning curve for newer users as some options aren't always in the expected locations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Features and settings within Plesk tend to differ between versions. When searching for information, be sure to be specific about which version of Plesk you are using.

Automated TLS certificates with Let's Encrypt has saved us hours of time and money.

Volodin A.

"Modern multi-site hosting solution"

What do you like best?

I like best the simplicity of plesk and it's versatility. It is a highly customize able solution that fits various scenarios and use cases.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps it is too adjustable and in some cases it could be time consuming to follow all configurations. There are not many choices actually in that price segment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

do not hesitate to use it for your implementation!

Plesk hosts multiple websites at one server in a handy way.

Alexander V.

"Simple hosting management"

What do you like best?

Plesk makes hosting large numbers of client websites simple with its automation

What do you dislike?

The only real problem is that customers are used to cPanel!

We have managed to increase our hosting volumes and turnover significantly

Brad J.

"Has worked well for us"

What do you like best?

Easy user interface. It is easy to get around the first time you use the software. Categories are grouped together nicely, and icons make sense.

What do you dislike?

Not much I don't like. It could be a little more responsive when logging in, not sure what that is about, but sometimes it take a full 20 to 30 seconds to long when when your user/pass is entered.

We use it for web hosting. It gives our end clients and easy way to add new domains, and manage their email accounts etc.

Nishanta G.

"Will it be the next top control panels for web hosting?"

What do you like best?

Plesk can run on both linux and windows operating systems and have greater control at the OS level.

What do you dislike?

Like cpanel plesk does not have the ability to interact with third party software and usually has a slower loading speed with linux servers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Both cPanel and Plesk have their pros and cons so it is better to evaluate what your requirements are before jumping into conclusions

Managing multiple hosting for my clients website has become relatively easy because of its server to site features, has allowed for a better secured shared hosting of the websites.

Un-attributed

"Earth Skate Proud Plesk Partner"

What do you like best?

Earthskater has relied on the Plesk web hosting management solution for over 8 years and the customer service has been amazing every time we needed it.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about Plesk, it does a solid job without issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great solution and value.

Providing web hosting management access to Earth Skater's small business owners so they can easily access self service features as needed.

Raymond H.

"Best control panel I've used!"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to manage sites, clients, and everything from the plesk control panel! I feel like it's the easiest to use between all of the ones I've used. It's very convenient having all of your settings in one place, from DNS to databases to email. Plesk allows you to control all of these and much more in a nice GUI. It also allows you to set up different logins which can only control their own domains. We do a lot of web hosting, and this allows us to give those of our clients that need it access to do more with their site. In short, I've never needed to do something with Plesk that I haven't been able to do.

What do you dislike?

I'm using Plesk 10, so I'm not sure what all might have changed in plesk 12 and these are complaints with 10.

Some of this is probably by necessity, but you have to go through extra work to make any changes outside of plesk apply. I also wish you could open certain screens in a new tab without it messing things up. In plesk 10 at least, it's using frames, which means that the left navigation and the main settings window are separate, which doesn't work super well. It's also not at all mobile friendly, but it looks like that's been addressed in Plesk 12, so it doesn't affect my recommendation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to check the requirements and get the latest version you can to work with your environment.

Plesk allows us to easily manage hundreds of domains on our server and give our clients the ability to log in and manage their own sites as well.

Adam R.

"The best web control panel management software available"

What do you like best?

So far the ability to add docker containers, along with the amazing support given by Plesk.

What do you dislike?

I wouldnt even say its a dislike, but getting used to the layout and way things work can take some time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definitely recommend Plesk.

For me with the addition of docker support I have been able to roll out services not typically available in a web control panel.

Christine H.

"Runs apps and websites wonderfully."

What do you like best?

I like that the dashboard makes it all so simplistic. You can really run your whole site from one dashboard.

What do you dislike?

It has a lot, but its kind of jammed together so its hard to know if you're utilizing it to full potential without a lot of insight.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to streamline less things so as not to overload a very elegant software.

The website could be handled seamlessly with one simple dashboard. The only problem seems to be knowing if you need all the things it does or if you're wasting it.

Morgan S.

"Easy interface for server management"

What do you like best?

It has a easy interface and it's easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

Some times it's confusing to find settings. For example, php settings are in multiple places

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to set up, easy to use. Might be limiting for people with more experience with servers.

We are using plesk to manage ecommerce sites. It has helped use set up sites with minimum knowledge of servers.

Jeremy F.

"Best web software of this generation"

What do you like best?

Every tool you can ever need to manage a web server all in 1 web portal

What do you dislike?

Small bug when you have to log back into the server it will send you to the wrong web space

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you know your way around Linux it is a great tool

Web hosting