Planoly Reviews & Product Details

Planoly Overview

What is Planoly?

Planoly app and web dashboard enable users to manage their posts and content visually before posting it live on Instagram. With the clean design, users are able to drag and drop their photos and videos around to visually see how it will look like on their Instagram profile feed.

Planoly Details

Showing 39 Planoly reviews
Already have Planoly?
Director of Events and Sales
Civic & Social Organization
What do you like best?

Planoly makes it easy to pre-schedule marketing for months at a time. As a wedding venue, we are often slammed throughout the year and unable to dedicate the time it takes to stay present on social media (one of our largest advertising platforms!). Planoly makes it easy to schedule out our social media for months in advance. Features like tagging other vendors, writing captions, hashtagging, and adding locations are readily available and easy to use. It also has a great feature that shows when your followers are most active on your account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I haven't found a downside yet. I guess the only thing is that the free version is nice, but to really get the most out of Planoly, you really should upgrade to the paid version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problem it solves is being able to stay active on social media, even when we don't have the time to. It also allows for a cohesive feed, which is important when showcasing the venue. The ability to see all the posts in order and how they will look once posted is invaluable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email Specialist
What do you like best?

I love this tool because you can create specific boards for all kinds of projects. It allows you to set due dates, color coordinate and even add links and documents to the board. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could print out a weekly calendar of events Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Utilize the how to guides. They also have a blog that is very helpful with new industry standards, how to guides and inspiration for you to get started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

work at a glance, timelines and its overall beneficial to keeping ideas in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Planoly
UL
What do you like best?

Planoly takes some of the hassles out of posting on Instagram. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Planoly does not allow you to view your scheduled posts as images in a calendar view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Planoly is a great tool for planning social media and sharing it with a team. It is easy to use and offers many features to help generate content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can plan an entire month of posts on Planoly and I am also able to save groups of hashtags.

Being able to plan posts including the hashtags I plan to use in one app is helpful and saves me from having to toggle to another app to capture hashtags. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ability to see the whole feed visually in order to keep the visual aesthetic of an account.

Auto-posting feature. Ability to save hashtags and title their groups.

Detailed analytics provided with each account.

Ability to add multiple Instagram accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Inability to auto-post on stories.

Lack of feature for carousel posts, meaning adding several photos into one post for a swipe result.

The notifications are unreliable: for example, it would notify me to post a scheduled post a day later!

The extra fee for every single social account added - really adds up pricy.

Lack of emojis feature.

Lack of hashtag field research and search (like Tailwind's for example).

No feature to edit the text into bold of italics (again, like Tailwind). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I believe it is a clean and good software to use for Instagram Feed planning, however, it still has quite a few hiccups and lack of features to make it the perfect one. It is mid-range pricing-wise, and it does offer free 1 personal account which is great if you're an individual. You do, however, need to pay quite a bit if you're either managing several accounts or are an agency. Overall, I can recommend it, but I would suggest researching around to make sure it is exactly what you're looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am now able to plan out a feed a week ahead. The app will mostly auto-post my posts so I only need to tend to the instagram account a couple times a week and/or for engagement with other accounts. It also lets me plan out a beautiful feed, therefore making my branding more uniform and unique. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/Photographer
Photography
What do you like best?

I LOVE that I can not only use this program on the phone, but that they have a fully functioning desktop version. I also love all the features including the newer stories edit. This takes it to a new level for me. I love all the templates and being able to schedule the stories if I need to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I know that they have to limit the free accounts, but It would be nice if you could have a few more than 30 uploads a month. Sometimes I just want to upload photos and just see if they work and maybe that would be more than 30. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that if you are looking for an all around tool to help you get your instgram account and even your pinterest accounts in order this is the program for you. It makes it easy to make a consistent feed. The desktop version is one of the best and very clean and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to make sure that I can have a nice and clean feed. I also like the scheduling aspect so that I can plan ahead. I am also making it a point to use this to research other accounts and see where I need to approve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
What do you like best?

I really love the ability to store hashtags and schedule my posts! It's so valuable to be able to plan and prepare for my social media content with a platform that is quick and easy to use! I also love that you can respond to comments and engage with your followers/commenters etc. directly from the platform. I've been a long time user of Planoly and have tried other softwares: ultimately I'll never go back! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't much I dislike about Planoly. There definitely is a learning curve, as there is with most softwares, so I suppose that would be the main thing that would be a bit of a bummer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are lots of great scheduling platforms, but this one is forward thinking and does a great job working with instagrams rules! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Planoly helps me prepare for my social media content calendar and allows me to schedule, edit, and visually see my posts on my feed! One of my favorite things is to be able to see both the calendar and the visual of the feed at the same time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Creator
Apparel & Fashion
Creative Director
Graphic Design
What do you like best?

Love that I can schedule posts via the grid view and see how things will be interacting with my current instagram feed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently they don't allow you to schedule things to instagram stories. I've yet to find a scheduler on the market though that allows this. Even Facebook's own publisher doesn't allow scheduling story posts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It only takes a few minutes to get a good understanding of the user interface and understand how it all works. We exclusively use the web app version because we were looking for something that could allow us to monitor/post/schedule/curate our instagram feed from a computer, and this does all of that greatly. It's the cheapest option as far as paid plans go which is great, and the free version does a lot that most don't do, or even would allow you to do. It's worth getting, setting up and using. Especially if instagram is a large part of your business, this is worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps us to keep things consistent, publish the content we need to publish when we need to, and shows us a big picture of what we have coming up over the next few days/weeks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The thingI love best about Planoly is that I can save a group of hashtags and add them all with the click of one button. I will also give them credit for the visual design of the GUI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's really not that intuitive to use, and I used to be a video editor and work with a lot of video, photo and graphics software. It was annoying that I had to use the app to upload multi-frame instagram posts. I would like to manage a whole process from one piece of equipment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is good for scheduling your posts for free but Loomly is easier to use if you can pay for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I only wanted to use a scheduler and I can't afford to subscribe to one yet, which is why I moved to Planoly. However, I've discovered how useful it is to be able to see the preview of the grid and how many likes and comments are one each image. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Planoly is easy to use. I was able to schedule posts effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the free subscription is TOO limited, at the time I only had one Instagram client and felt it wasn't worth it to upgrade my account since I only had 1 account. I also thought it wasn't worthwhile to use Planoly then because you are limited to a certain number of scheduled posts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was able to schedule posts, versus doing it manually. It gave me more free time to work in other areas in my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use, great for visualizing future posts and overall theme Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot tag accounts on the scheduler, which would save a lot of time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling social media posts consistently Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can 'dump' all your images in one go, and decide which photo goes with which post later. They also have auto cropping which is useful when going for consistency, which is harder to do on the Instagram app itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Planoly seems limited in its business intelligence, and can't do complex tasks such as post multiple photos or stories. This may be a restriction from Instagram itself. We only use Planoly for Instagram, since IG auto posts to FB. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great place for beginners and more advanced users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In a half day setting, I can create an Instagram calendar for an entire month and have a top down view of the whole thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Associate / Photographer
What do you like best?

I love how intuitive and easy to use Planoly is. I get to visually plan out my social media posts by dragging and dropping. Scheduling, reposting, and even automatic posting are all so easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not the cheapest option out there, since the free plan has a monthly media upload limit, but the pros outweigh the cons for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a few minutes to really learn all of the ins and outs of the the software. There are a lot of hidden features that really make life easier for a social media manager! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Does anyone actually remember to post every day? And if so, do they have something already in mind to say and share? Planoly lets me get ahead of schedule, think of posts in advance, and remind me to post (or just does it for me). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communications Manager
What do you like best?

I can plan basic posts for free and pictures can be swapped if I need to change them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This app has caused me so much stress for my page. I use the scheduler because I am asleep when I want to reach my audience on the other side of the world, but half the time it doesn't post even though it has been scheduled without any error messages. Sometimes it's because a certain image size isn't supported, sometimes it's for no apparent reason at all. Planoly has caused me to miss important deadlines for campaign posts for this reason! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

If a scheduled post cannot be posted, this should be identified upon scheduling, not for the user to find out afterwards. This defeats the entire purpose of a scheduling app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Planoly helps us schedule social media posts approximately 14x weekly. The interface is simple, intuitive, and makes it very easy to see what you have done and what you’re planning on doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish Planoly was able to work with photos of any size rather than the ones that Instagram has specified. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think this is great for an Instagram-heavy business but if you work heavily on Facebook it is lacking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Planoly allows me to assign social media to another member of my team and review before I post. The collaborative nature makes it great for teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Planoly has made my life as a social media manager so streamlined. I love that I get a visual snapshot and a clear timeline of when everything is going out all in one place. With the new first comment feature, it makes boosting my posts’ reach so easy as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does lag out if you’ve got a lot of content in your planner, so that’s definitely something for Planoly to work on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I never realised that managing social content could be so effortless! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being able to see your future feed is the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that scheduling has issues sometimes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's perfect for content planning, seeing your feed before it goes live, and adding hashtags. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Planoly makes it easier to schedule and plan content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

What I like about Planoly is that it is useful in planning out an aesthetically pleasing feed for our companies Instagram. It is pretty easy to use and I like that you can schedule posts out for the week and planoly will post the photo to Instagram for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike about planoly is that it has restrictions on the sizes of the photo and which photos it will allow automatic posting for. I wish the app would send a reminder to let you know your picture won’t automatically be posted or offer an automatic cropping feature where it automatically sizes the photo for you before posting if it is a scheduled post. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great app to use to plan out an Instagram feed if you work in social media and marketing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Planoly has impacted my work because I am the social media and marketing manager for a boutique in Dallas and it allows me to plan out our feed several days, even weeks in advance. I love that I can schedule everything out ahead of time on the app and that it posts to Instagram for me so that I don’t have to remember when to post on the app myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Specialist
What do you like best?

I find Planoly to be a very excellent platform and of all the features, I think I enjoy that there is both a desktop version and a phone app that connect together well. This integration allows me to create content on my desktop and still post to Instagram from my phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike about Planoly. I wish sometimes that it could be a little easier to swap out a photo but once you learn the right buttons to press, even that is an easy switch in the phone app. In addition, it could be helpful to be able to schedule Instagram stories like some other platforms are allowing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For those considering any type of software to help manage Instagram, I would highly recommend Planoly. The ease of use, and the features are there and for the most part, the free version provides everything that I need to manage one primary account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Planoly allows me to really easily currate, plan, and schedule all of my Instagram posts. The ease of this process allows me additional confidence in how our business' Instagram feed will look when our content publishes to the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I love that I can schedule my Instagram business posts months in advance! Saves so much time day go day! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the layout of planoly. Sometimes it isn't very user friendly, such as being able to drag and drop images effortlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Planoly will be such a time saver! Try it out and you will love it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am saving so much time being able to write by captions and hashtags in advance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Owner
What do you like best?

Planoly is an easy to use, intuitive, and extremely helpful Instagram scheduler. It is free to use for your first account which is generous in my opinion. The best part is that the app and the desktop version are inclusive and do not cost extra. What you do on your app will show up on the other which cannot be said for Plann another scheduler.

It’s great to see your photos in the grid before publishing them to Instagram and they allow you to store your hashtags for THAT day as well.

Definitely recommend Planoly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that it isn’t as detailed as far as analytics go compared to plann. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instagram scheduling Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager & Social Media Strategist
Public Relations and Communications
What do you like best?

We love the ease in scheduling content for social media. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We don’t like that the free version prohibits video posting, however we understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Save time by planning your content ahead! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows us to auto post & plan content for the future on instagram. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Photographer
What do you like best?

As a small business owner, I wear all of the hats! I am the photographer, the writer, the marketing department and everything in between! Planoly makes my job a little bit easier! Planoly is great because I can plan my posts visually and actually see what my feed is going to look like! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Planoly limits the number of photos you can upload unless you upgrade to a paid version. When you are only allowed to upload 30 images a month and some are not cohesive with the feed you are trying to achieve, that can be kind of annoying. I would rather them limit the number of posts I can create than how many images I can upload. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Planoly is great for people who are visual and want to see what their photos look like next to the others that they post! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm busy and don't have time to come up with amazing captions for my instagram posts everyday! Planoly gives me a product that lets me batch and save my instagram creation all in one place before it is ready to be published. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can preplan and schedule posts in one session versus having to post independently every day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that you can’t schedule multiple images in one post. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
What do you like best?

As a small nonprofit, our business & support depends on how many people know us and see us. As the social media manager, I have to post frequently and with great content to stay on top of the game, and that's difficult when I have so much to do. Planoly lets me design and schedule my posts in advance so I don't have to worry about it every day. I can choose day and time based on when our followers will most likely engage, versus doing it when I have the time. It's easy and simple and a clean platform, and it lets me upload all my own content. 10/10 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think my only frustration with the platform is that you have to pay extra for additional/extended features. For example, analytics and data is incredibly important for us, but we're only able to afford a plan that gives me limited information. I wish there was an option for nonprofits that could be more affordable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended to other nonprofits or small businesses who have limited time to manage social media but need to stay up to date. I suggest getting familiar with the platform first, uploading all usable media, and then starting in on designing and scheduling posts. It helps to have all your photos or content ready so you don't have to wait around for them to upload! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I do multiple jobs at my small nonprofit so I have limited time to run social media. However, I still need to make a big impact with our online presence, so having this scheduler makes it SO much easier to get my Instagram content ready to go. Plus, it will post for me even during my non-work hours, so I don't have to worry about working overtime just to publish content when our followers will see it. When I save time on social media, it means I can devote more attention to running our programs and raising money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.