Planoly

Planoly app and web dashboard enable users to manage their posts and content visually before posting it live on Instagram. With the clean design, users are able to drag and drop their photos and videos around to visually see how it will look like on their Instagram profile feed.

Work for Planoly?

Learning about Planoly?

Planoly Reviews

Showing 19 Planoly reviews
Savannah N.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Planoly
Jamie E.

"Integrative Desktop and Phone App"

What do you like best?

I find Planoly to be a very excellent platform and of all the features, I think I enjoy that there is both a desktop version and a phone app that connect together well. This integration allows me to create content on my desktop and still post to Instagram from my phone.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike about Planoly. I wish sometimes that it could be a little easier to swap out a photo but once you learn the right buttons to press, even that is an easy switch in the phone app. In addition, it could be helpful to be able to schedule Instagram stories like some other platforms are allowing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For those considering any type of software to help manage Instagram, I would highly recommend Planoly. The ease of use, and the features are there and for the most part, the free version provides everything that I need to manage one primary account.

Planoly allows me to really easily currate, plan, and schedule all of my Instagram posts. The ease of this process allows me additional confidence in how our business' Instagram feed will look when our content publishes to the platform.

What Social Media Monitoring solution do you use?

Caitlyn L.

"Great Instagram Content Manager"

What do you like best?

As a small business owner, I wear all of the hats! I am the photographer, the writer, the marketing department and everything in between! Planoly makes my job a little bit easier! Planoly is great because I can plan my posts visually and actually see what my feed is going to look like!

What do you dislike?

Planoly limits the number of photos you can upload unless you upgrade to a paid version. When you are only allowed to upload 30 images a month and some are not cohesive with the feed you are trying to achieve, that can be kind of annoying. I would rather them limit the number of posts I can create than how many images I can upload.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Planoly is great for people who are visual and want to see what their photos look like next to the others that they post!

I'm busy and don't have time to come up with amazing captions for my instagram posts everyday! Planoly gives me a product that lets me batch and save my instagram creation all in one place before it is ready to be published.

Kaia S.

"Doesn't work as it should"

What do you like best?

I can plan basic posts for free and pictures can be swapped if I need to change them.

What do you dislike?

This app has caused me so much stress for my page. I use the scheduler because I am asleep when I want to reach my audience on the other side of the world, but half the time it doesn't post even though it has been scheduled without any error messages. Sometimes it's because a certain image size isn't supported, sometimes it's for no apparent reason at all. Planoly has caused me to miss important deadlines for campaign posts for this reason!

If a scheduled post cannot be posted, this should be identified upon scheduling, not for the user to find out afterwards. This defeats the entire purpose of a scheduling app.

Jessie P.

"Best Instagram Manager"

What do you like best?

As a small nonprofit, our business & support depends on how many people know us and see us. As the social media manager, I have to post frequently and with great content to stay on top of the game, and that's difficult when I have so much to do. Planoly lets me design and schedule my posts in advance so I don't have to worry about it every day. I can choose day and time based on when our followers will most likely engage, versus doing it when I have the time. It's easy and simple and a clean platform, and it lets me upload all my own content. 10/10

What do you dislike?

I think my only frustration with the platform is that you have to pay extra for additional/extended features. For example, analytics and data is incredibly important for us, but we're only able to afford a plan that gives me limited information. I wish there was an option for nonprofits that could be more affordable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended to other nonprofits or small businesses who have limited time to manage social media but need to stay up to date. I suggest getting familiar with the platform first, uploading all usable media, and then starting in on designing and scheduling posts. It helps to have all your photos or content ready so you don't have to wait around for them to upload!

I do multiple jobs at my small nonprofit so I have limited time to run social media. However, I still need to make a big impact with our online presence, so having this scheduler makes it SO much easier to get my Instagram content ready to go. Plus, it will post for me even during my non-work hours, so I don't have to worry about working overtime just to publish content when our followers will see it. When I save time on social media, it means I can devote more attention to running our programs and raising money.

Clair T.

"Great for planning social media content "

What do you like best?

Planoly is a great tool for scheduling social media posts and playing with grid layouts which is the epitome of a great insta feed. The way in which you can save different grid drafts is unique and sets Planoly apart. I also think the autopost feature is great and worked very well for our business.

What do you dislike?

Although planoly has an analytics section, it is not very comprehensive and did not provide the in depth tracking that we were looking for for our accounts. I feel that the mobile apps inability to upload more than 10 images at a time is also somewhere that they could enhance the user experience from mobile to desktop systems.

By utilizing planoly for our instagram account it allowed us to come up with a more comprehensive theme and grid layout that better reflected our branding and way we wanted people to perceive the brand. The use of hashtag sets allowed us to save our most used tags as well as those that fit well with the content we tend to post which makes it much easier to manage and cut down on time spent doing menial tasks such as typing up hashtags and the platform made it great that all the sets were then in one convenient location.

Brie G.

"The BEST Instagram scheduler "

What do you like best?

Planoly is an easy to use, intuitive, and extremely helpful Instagram scheduler. It is free to use for your first account which is generous in my opinion. The best part is that the app and the desktop version are inclusive and do not cost extra. What you do on your app will show up on the other which cannot be said for Plann another scheduler.

It’s great to see your photos in the grid before publishing them to Instagram and they allow you to store your hashtags for THAT day as well.

Definitely recommend Planoly

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that it isn’t as detailed as far as analytics go compared to plann.

Instagram scheduling

Kelly Noelle M.

"Easy for organizing your Instagram content visually!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can map out my Instagram content visually inside of Planoly!

What do you dislike?

I don't love that sometimes the content won't post and I'm not notified through Planoly, which can throw off my feed.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that I can use Planoly on my laptop and have it feed through to my phone. It has made keeping my Instagram updated for my business really easy and efficient.

"Planning Content with Aesthetics in Mind"

What do you like best?

This website is great for planning Instagram content. You can plan, schedule, posts and Instagram story posts, analyze engagement, and track/reply to comments. You can use the website to plan or you can use an app. Both are very functional and responsive. Neither are slow or laggy. You can organize hashtags in this app as well and arrange your future posts.

What do you dislike?

I think the price of this software like any Instagram planner is quite pricey. You do get 4 free posts a month which is nice but if you delete a post that wasn't published you are penalized and are left with 3. I also think there could be a better way to organize hashtags. I don't like that you can't choose exactly how your photo will look on the feed as well. I also wish you could tag businesses on your post instead of doing that after.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider the price and how much you are posting a month. If it is under 5 posts than it might not be worth it but the metric analyzer is helpful.

Instagram planning, queuing posts, auto scheduling, adding hashtags.

Ann M.

"Visual planning for visual social media"

What do you like best?

Instagram is a profoundly visual medium, and the Planoly interface allows you to achieve visual balance when you are scheduling posts. This feature also aids with maintaining brand identity. While I don't use the feature, access to stock photos seems like it could help some users.

What do you dislike?

Now that Instagram's API has changed to allow auto-posting by third-parties, there's really nothing not to like! Not being able to tag other users, identify locations, and post multiple images are drawbacks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A basic account is free. If you want to experiment with planning and scheduling content in advance, give it a try!

Publishing content to social media *consistently* is a challenge, and Planoly helps with that.

"Great way to organize and plan photos "

What do you like best?

Can easily upload photos and search photos on Instagram by username or hashtag. Can move photos around or add in temporary filler photos

What do you dislike?

I wish there were updates whenever the platform rolled out a new feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to make a great impression when people visit your Instagram, I highly recommend Planoly. You can easily plan your future photos and move them around to fit you're desired aesthetic.

Planning photos to fit our aesthetic needs.

Realized the importance of an Instagram aesthetic

"Perfect for building a cohesive feed"

What do you like best?

I love that I can plan weeks of content in advance and see how the pictures flow together. Though I don't have the perfect cohesive feed it helps to ensure that my pictures have a similar amount of brightness

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot schedule posts to post directly on Instagram,

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely make sure you can sync all your devices to it and see the full view of your feed on different devices. Sometimes pictures would look different depending on the device and would change my mind about how I wanted them organized on my feed

Solving the problem of not being able to see your instagram feed in advance. The benefits I have seen is being able to plan ahead with how my feed with look and balancing sponsored content and non-sponsored content

Rita V.

"Do you know that Planogr.am is now Planoly?"

What do you like best?

They auto post now, which is the best feature. It's free for 30 posts, once a day, so it's good! It also has hashtag groups where you can copy and paste on your posts.

What do you dislike?

The timetable is only every 15minutes, sometimes you want to post now, but you pass 1 minute from the last mark, so you have to wait.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Planogr.am is now planoly! And planoly is amazing!!

It's the best scheduler for instagram, you can create hashtag groups which is amazing. My instagram account is much easier to manage.

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

I'm not a professional marketer. Using Planoly has been so easy to learn and I've made some great headway on social thanks to this tool. It's also a time-management saver. Being able to schedule my posts, search for # and find people I should follow is amazing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. As I learn more about this solution, something may come up but for a novice, looks great.

Promoting new business and trying to get word out in my community. Time savings, efficiency, more creative posts.

"Planoly is outstanding"

What do you like best?

The product is easy to plan out social content for multiple profiles. The new capability for IG stories is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

The analytics are somewhat confusing; are they pulling all time or are they pulling all time since planoly account subscribed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Allow users to publish more paid content.

Saving time posting rather than daily tasks it is once per week to plan out several days.

Kambria P.

"Planoly Review"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love Planoly. It is easy to use and I can schedule multiple posts efficiently.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I don't like about Planoly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Remember that for the free plan you are limited to the number of posts you can do monthly. It would be worth it to upgrade to the $9 plan.

I am able to schedule all of my client's Instagram posts with ease.

Sharena S.

"Easy app to use for Instagram"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to use with the drag and drop option. And most importantly you are scheduled post for Instagram which helps with time management.

What do you dislike?

The fee to pay monthly, it should be a little lower.

Time management, because of the auto schedule you can schedule your post, plan them out, and they will send out at their scheduled time

Hannah B.

"Best Instagram Only Software"

What do you like best?

A BEAUTIFUL way to organize your instagram posts.

What do you dislike?

It's only for Instagram. It's a fantastic app but you can't schedule out everything (Twitter/FB), which can be frustrating.

It keeps track of how many hashtags/tags you've used (since IG puts a limit) so you can prioritize

"Planoly- Great Scheduling tool for Instagram"

What do you like best?

Planoly is very simple to use with a very visually appealing user interface. It made the process of posting scheduled branded content so effortless.

What do you dislike?

Planoly does sometimes lower the quality of images that are posted.

Planoly solves the issue of inefficient post scheduling. The benefits are convenience with planned business content on Instagram.

Learning about Planoly?

* We monitor all Planoly reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.