OnePoint HCM

OnePoint HCM

OnePoint is built on one database and one employee record, giving HR administrators a platform to manage Payroll, Human Resources, and Time and Labor, including advanced features for Recruitment/ATS, Benefit Enrollment, Leave Management, ACA compliance, scheduling and much more.

Work for OnePoint HCM?

Learning about OnePoint HCM?

OnePoint HCM Reviews

Ask OnePoint HCM a Question
Showing 48 OnePoint HCM reviews
Shauna G.

"Versatile, powerful tool for HR and payroll."

What do you like best?

Reporting is easy, completely customizable, and always exports to Excel. (Our previous payroll software was incredibly difficult to get good reports out of, and they charged for every little change to any report.)

What do you dislike?

Lag time between entry and response, meaning anywhere from 3 to 12 seconds from typing in a field to seeing the result and being able to go to the next field. (Partly due to our network security, but we upgraded, and so did OnePoint, and our other services got faster, but OnePoint did not.) 12 seconds is a really, really long time to wait between every field when you're trying to enter a hundred or so time corrections!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Know what you need. Ask lots of questions.

Our HR team is able to track training and certification more easily than in our previous system. Being able to run a report listing who does not have a current CPR cert, for example, is a big timesaver and more accurate.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about OnePoint HCM
Kyle Q.

"The App Is Great!"

What do you like best?

I love the interface of the app in particular. I'm always on the go and to pull up information on the app helps me dramatically and saves a lot of time. Very easy to use as well as you can pretty much customize anything you want on your OnePoint homepage. The customer service was superb as well. I had issues with my app when I initially installed and within 10 minutes of an email to support, they got right back to me with the resolution.

What do you dislike?

Because you can customize anything you want on your homepage, it does take a few extra steps to get what you want. It takes a little practice, but once you've done that, there is no issues.

Our company uses it for everything but I in particular use it for timekeeping. I can keep track of who clocked in and what time. This helps as I'm always on the go.

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

Tici T.

"Customized HRIS to be just what you need it to be at an affordable price"

What do you like best?

Customer service, and the ability of the software to be written for our unique organization. Staying compliant with two different state departments and county departments is manageable with OnePoint

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve. However, it's worth the work to learn the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very flexible and comprehensive

Saving money. There was a lot we were doing manually or on separate platforms that didn't integrate. Now everything is on OnePoint. We asked them if we could get a daily feed to our learning platform? No problem. Can we switch a portion of our staff from on-duty meals to 30 minute paid lunch? No problem. Can you use all of our forms in every step of the recruiting, hiring, on-boarding and orientation processes? No problem.

Nicole S.

"The Best Support Team"

What do you like best?

I love that when faced with either a general question or an immediate need, that my support team is prompt in answering my questions thoroughly, and not just completing the task at hand. I appreciate their instruction as opposed to handling things on their end with no explanation of how to carry on in the future!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the only complaint I could make is regarding the pre-notes for Direct Deposit, which is of no fault to OnePoint - but rather the safety net to ensure proper processing of funds. Other than this "inconvenience", for lack of better term I have no dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask for total tutorials. Get explanations of how things work. Explore on your own.

OnePoint replaces so many facets of Human Resources and Payroll that I can handle this job on my own, while still completing the paperwork on my end. We have replaced one entire position (Payroll) with the timekeeping and payroll modules, alone. Not to mention the benefits that come with employing a person full-time, therefore saving even more overhead.

" Super easy to use."

What do you like best?

I like that it not complicated. Very easy to understand and use. I get good customer service and have my own account rep to call with questions or concerns I can pull up many different reports with no problems. OnePoint has a app that is very convention to use on the go. You can print out check stubs and tax forms. We are self billing, so the reports we get from One point makes it super easy for us the cross reference the bill to make sure it accurate and we are getting bill correctly.

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike anything about One point. The only thing I can think of is I don't like having to change my password every few months. Every so often there is an update that cause the website to be down for a few hours. One point will send out a notice to everyone know but its still a little inconvenient for the time. They usually have it up in running pretty quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i would highly recommend OnePoint to others.

Attendance, payroll, employees files, keeping track of all of our employees trainings. We also use it for recruiting new hires and job screening process.

"Payroll processing made easier"

What do you like best?

I get good customer service and have my own account rep to call with questions or concerns. We have brought on many new clients over the years and recently moved a large client on to One Point. Our Implementation Manager, Pedro Escobedo, was beyond excellent and very patient with us and the process.

What do you dislike?

I would like more assistance with tax filing and tax set up.

I also liked the AdHoc reporting that we had with our previous vendor. OP offered a class, but we found it much more technical than what we had hoped. Clents who are not IT folks benefit from layman terminology rather than IT speak.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The team is very helpful and knowledgable so tell them what you need and they will honestly let you know what they can do and how much it will be for any customization.

We are a back office support company for many clients in various states and having them all on one database and being able to report by location has been extremely beneficial.

Joanne C.

"Great Experience all around!"

What do you like best?

The system is very easy to use and figure out. The support team is out of this world when it comes to helping when you get stuck with something.

What do you dislike?

I will be honest. I would have given a 10 but the new 2 way login system is cumbersome and takes too long.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

First of all if you new, the customer support is AMAZING! They are all eager to help, and when you can do it yourself they are still there to guide you and help with whatever you need!

Great to be able to put newly hired employees in the system and have easy access when you need it, with all the information all in one place.

"Can't Deliver on their 1 Stop Shop Promise"

What do you like best?

The only thing they're doing well seems to be on the payroll side.

What do you dislike?

UI is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. Nothing is self service, you have to literally guide new hires step by tiny step.They use something called a "custom form" for your company's internal form uploads that they input editable boxes into, that truly SUCKS on the user side. There is ZERO consistency with how you even submit the forms, lots of pressing on additional "..." to scroll to the submit button, I could go on an on. We tried to implement "Paperless" onboarding with the system, but there were so many errors even by their internal teams that we gave up most of the way through, and still do paper offer letters, and soon to be more paper again, essentially reverting to how it was before. Their team informed us that we'd need to create these "custom forms" ourselves if we ever needed to edit any of them, which of course we do, but how am I supposed to master a system whose's creators of and teachers on don't even understand? Nothing is easy about it on the HR side. Onepoint's scheduling and time labor management area kills my teams, serious software fatigue using this system. Management within their organization also is lacking, I don't trust their judgement. We paid for their Recruiting/ATS function as well, but then scrapped it entirely as it would be impossible to use as effectively as our current ATS, was way too basic, we'd lose ALL our candidate history as well, nothing would transfer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stay away.

Benefits being elected online, though our broker has to login to a separate system to process some of them, we did get EDI set up with one of our providers. That said, we had a recent problem that has yet to be fixed regarding their rate calculator, it's off and they don't know how to fix it.

Theresa H.

"Wonderful Customer Support"

What do you like best?

We switched to OnePoint a year ago and it was a smooth process. The support we have received from the team is great. Any time there are questions or concerns they have been answered quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing I don't like about OnePoint.

Ease of access for our team members. The app is fantastic for employees to view their paychecks which frees up a lot of time in HR.

"I am the HR manager"

What do you like best?

One Point customer service is great. They are always available and have short wait times when on the phone. If they can not help you fix the problem right away they do call you back within 24 hours to provide a solution.

What do you dislike?

The program is complicated to use. There seems to be several different things that you have to do just to accomplish one task,. The program has a very data based feel and not super easy to navigate. Designing reports are difficult and assigning groups is a challenge.

One Point makes keeping track of accruals easy. Love that they take care of the quarterly filings

"Good platform but not intuitive"

What do you like best?

Payroll is a simple process. New timecard process was easily adopted by employees. Customer support is excellent

What do you dislike?

I find creating reports confusing. It should be intuitive. I don't think I use the system as much as I can to strategize based on reports since it's just too time consuming to try to figure it all out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have not received requests for recommendations

Our old payroll system went bankrupt/doors shut without notice and OnePoint was there to help us set payroll system up before the next payroll was due. With a new payroll system, we were able to set payroll up so that it was easier and less time consuming then our old system.

"A great solution for a good price."

What do you like best?

It is easy to retrieve data from the software. I love that every page you see can be adapted or not and saved or not and able to become a report or not as you need. It allows most fields to be added or subtracted to achieve exactly the information you need.

What do you dislike?

There are a few areas that won't populate into other reporting areas as some fields for example in Payroll won't include fields from Time and Labor.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It may not be as robust of a solution if you need complex information. I cannot speak to that. It handles routine and beyond payroll and HR matters with ease.

I work remotely because I can handle all payroll processing from my remote location as if I were in the office. It allows me to do everything I used to do in the office remotely. This allowed me to continue to work for my company when we moved out of the area.

AH
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

I like the personal interactions with my support reps over the last 4 years.

What do you dislike?

The horribly long time it takes for engineering to implement any requested changes. There is still a report that we have requested that is not available...a change report (audit trail) that shows only changes the account administrator has made over the last pay period in order to audit changes. We have had numerous reps try to filter the Audit Trail, and they can't do it any better than I. Scott, Rosario, Delia and others know about this request. Still apparently not a priority with Engineering or not something they can solve. Also want a Future Goals section on performance reviews...on the review itself, where the evaluating manager can enter it. Not in the Performance Management section as separate from the review.

This fills the same space our interaction with Paychex had...Payroll/HRIS. One Point is better than the version of Paychex we had, but as noted above, there have been some issues.

"Vice President of Human Resources - over 3 years with One Point!"

What do you like best?

One Point's outstanding cloud-based, powerful platform and responsive, excellent customer service. Seamless conversion and terrific support by the implementation team. Payroll is simple, intuitive & no additional charges for extra payrolls. The on-line Benefit Enrollment (with carrier connections) simplified benefit administration significantly. Easy & powerful reporting capabilities.

What do you dislike?

There is too much white space on each screen, requiring administrators to have two monitors to be able to clearly see all options available. This made it challenging initially when employees were unfamiliar with the system.

Pushing documents out to candidates and staff requires creating "checklists" which is a bit complex.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend One Point HCM.

On-line recruitment and automated on-boarding, on-line benefit administration, electronic acknowledgement of company policies, manager and employee self-service, mobile app for employees to access pay statements, accruals, time off requests, electronic pay stubs, automated reimbursement feature and more! Moving toward a paperless system.

AE
Administrator in Entertainment

"OnePoint has a lot of work to do"

What do you like best?

Ease of checking timesheets and pay stubs.

What do you dislike?

A lot of required manual work, the limitations of creating complex reports (payroll purposes), a lot of obsolete fields such as employee information update that doesnt allow you to update anything, the ongoing issues of tracking FMLA cases, representatives that do not know how to resolve issues, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try weighing out other HCM's before considering OnePoint. Ask the companies to send reps to present tutorials on how their systems work and then compare. You will see OnePoint falls heavily behind.

All information compiled into one software, i guess. However, OnePoint offers us more issues than benefits, in my professional opinion.

Gabe M.

"Very good platform and good support"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the OnePoint platform is very comprehensive, easy to navigate and so easy to create and run reports. The support desk is very helpful and friendly and quick to respond. If your assigned rep is unavailable there is always someone else there to help.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there is no after hours support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great platform with good support.

I am able to track workers comp claims, I am also able to track all the benefits that our company offers. I recently had a workers comp audit and was able to expedite with all the tracking that OnePoint offers.

Stephen D.

"Very robust features and interface"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the system makes it one of the best platforms we have ever used and fits our needs perfectly.

What do you dislike?

There are so many options, it's sometimes difficult to find a setting or option without hunting through so many menus. Creating and editing reports can be time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it

Automatic daily reports have shown us better information about our employees, and we can respond more quickly.

Alesia M.

"Current One Point Use and Love it!"

What do you like best?

We like best the fact that it is one database of information. We can create any report from all data. It is very sophisticated software and does everything and more than we can need.

What do you dislike?

Not having enough time to learn everything thing that One Point can do for us. I would like to utilize more of what the system can do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to demo the product and ask for the moon.

Managers can access and perform payroll functions easily without assistance. Everything in integrated.

"Not so Pleased!"

What do you like best?

I love the benefit department! They are on top it especially Amanda.

What do you dislike?

The communication and training is horrible. If you are new and not sure how to create a payroll system from scratch then you are out of luck with One Point. One Point can be useful if you know what you are doing otherwise you will be disappointed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One Point HCM is easy to use but they need to step up with their communication and training for new employers who doesn't have much knowledge in creating a payroll system.

Our list of issues are going and once we contact One Point they do make an effort to help solve the issue. The worst is communication from One Point which has not improve.

"We have like the upgrade but it still has kinks to work out."

What do you like best?

TCM Module and Payroll Module have stream lined our process of payroll. We are able to do time off request and submit time sheets in minutes vs day it took before.

What do you dislike?

Human Resource Module does not conform well to our company. We have many who have two positions and they cannot both be in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They promise more than they actually can offer. So go in with your expectations from the sales rep at 80% on what they promise.

Electronic Time Sheets and custom reports have save days of work each month.

"The product is very user friendly"

What do you like best?

That I can log in anywhere and use it. It make it easy from an admin side of things.

What do you dislike?

The admin side of it is not as easy to use, I wish there was some online training or video that could show me how to use company side to set up things. I would like to get my new hire document upload into the system so that we can have a more online orientation.

Timesheets were a big thing for us. We were using paper timesheets that were so hard to track down.

"Finance Admin./HR Coordinator"

What do you like best?

I like the customer service, the reports are easy to draw up or use., easier to reconcile and find errors if any, and that the employees retrieve their own pay statements, w-2, and change their address. I like the open enrollment too, very easy to choose by doctors and/or plans.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that the column headers gets lost when scrolling down a page, that the tabs are not pronounced.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend One Point to all my friends. With my recommendations there has been one company that has changed over recently.

Our problems are the issues with working with the federal contracts and all the hoops we have to jump thru. But with the help of your great team we are able work through all those issues.

Kyle D.

"Onepoint"

What do you like best?

I like that it is good for HR as I use it as an employ

What do you dislike?

It is not very user-friendly. I have a hard time navigating through it most of the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make it more user friendly

Helps our team work together with our HR stuff and keep things on track for an employ

TJ H.

"I like one point but it's not very user friendly. You have to know the exact wording to search "

What do you like best?

Love the payroll and clocking in and out and customer support is amazing!

What do you dislike?

That you can't search things very easily. You have to know the exact wording

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Love the Clocking in/out and the payroll......very easy

Payroll is much simpliar

"Best customer service out there. System could use help. "

What do you like best?

Their customer service is the best part of their system. You have a true One Point of contact for all of your needs. Very responsive and easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

Their system is way to robust for its own good. The UI really needs help. It's too stale and not very user friendly.

It's a great system to house all employee info and process payroll. But the other features are missing the wow factor (performance management, ATS, etc.)

Learn more about OnePoint HCM

OnePoint HCM Videos

Learning about OnePoint HCM?

* We monitor all OnePoint HCM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.