Ninox Reviews & Product Details

Ninox Overview

What is Ninox?

Create Apps that match your workflow. The tools we use everyday at work should fit like a tailor-made shirt - no itching, no scratching. Ninox lets you integrate everything you need - applications from different departments to streamline your operations - e.g. CRM, Sales, ERP, Projects, HR & Administration

Ninox Details
Discussions
Ninox Community
German, English, French, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Ninox is the easy no-code platform for everyone. Create your own Business Application that matches your workflow. Additionally Ninox promotes team collaboration functionalities and the integration of the most common used services e.g. Google and many more.

Ninox Software GmbH

Ninox Screenshots

Ninox Reviews

Showing 318 Ninox Database reviews
Already have Ninox?
What do you like best?

The flexibility of the software allowed me to start with a simple database to support my son’s customer focused business, which is Tree Surgery, and to refine it later into a more complex model.

The system now includes his customers, work lists, risk management, invoicing and accounts.

A simple dashboard gives accurate up to date information, vital for work planning and financial management. We use the calendar, with colour coded text for daily work planning and emails linked to buttons for quotes, invoices and receipts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The calendar can get cluttered and the facility to have more than one calendar available would be useful. If individual calendars could be created for example for quotes, work lists and plant maintenance due dates, would add a potentially very live feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Tree Surgery business requires good customer interaction linked to good risk management work records. Ninox has allow us to the create tables, views and printed reports to support the essentials of our business.

Using historical records we can now provide more detailed analysis of current work loads and monitor the financial impacts of business decisions.

By creating tables for hazards, risks and method statements and linking these to individual jobs we are reducing the risks to staff and customer in what is potentially a high risk business.

Accurate records for purchases and well as invoices means we have better control of finances and a live view of tax due. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have no coding background at all, but nonetheless I started using Ninox a few years ago because they claimed this was a no-code platform. And it was indeed. Soon I started creating my first database for clinical purpose (I am a psychologist and I run a consulting studio in the neurodevelopmental diseases area). Very shortly after I started coding within my "app" and now, a few years later, my whole activity is run in Ninox, testing included. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As I need more and more fields for certain applications (sometimes 200+ fields...), it would be great if Ninox allowed to modify many fields at once, as well as duplicating fields. Writing code on an iPad sometimes is a bit struggling too... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No more need to score tests by hand, because the whole process happens automatically in Ninox as I administer my tests. Of course each one of them passed several steps of double-checking to make sure no error in the code was made...

My whole database of patients now stands in Ninox, and everything I did by hand before now it's just a click away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Without profound programming knowledge, I managed to "program" my own booking database for our boat renting business. And whenever I didn't know what to do next, the Ninox support helped me out. Super fast and super friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love to learn more about programming the functions, so the only thing I dislike is my own ignorance :-) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Even if you are not a programmer and you have no idea about databases, try Ninox anyway. It is super easy to learn and the support is superb, fast and friendly. It is actually fun to learn more and more and optimize your own programming. I am super happy I found Ninox and could not image organizing my business without them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have an overview over our bookings, including the human resources, benefits and costs and organization and planning and all that in one program. The more I learn, the better it gets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I really appreciate is the very helpful support, the great community, the new modern design and that the plattform has "no limits" - and the very affordable prices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is some potential für new functions (at print layout, code editor or mobile app), but ninox already has this points on their roadmap and is working on it. They is launching new features on a regular basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I already tested and worked with many different business apps and plattforms to digitalize small and medium sized companies, but all of them were lacking in functionality, flexibility or pricing - too inflexible, complex, or expensive.

With ninox it is possible to easily develop individual business apps that exactly meet the needs of SME (and bigger companies) with very few code - also if you are not a programmer (as me too).

And there are no limits: you can start with easy apps like time tracking or an easy CRM and also build a complete ERP including billing, project management, inventory management and much more - with ninox it is possible to digitalize practically all business processes of companies in nearly all branches and company sizes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I'm not an IT person and with Ninox I built a database for my whole company in less than a week.

If you follow the youtube videos its really easy to build a database.

It's saved our company £thousands.

Also you have to wait months for a system to be developed but this took me a week.

Also if you get a system developed privately, they take a week just to make one modification you request- Whereas, The help desk at Ninox come back to you straight away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have any criticisms of this system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a try. Its so cheap and easy to use , you have got nothing to lose by giving it a go.

Remember, no one can build a database for your company as good as someone who works for your company - meaning you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The calendar helps us know where our workers are everyday and what jobs they are doing.

Its help us organise invoices and worker schedules and storing all our info in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal
What do you like best?

I am a complete novice and Ninox was quite easy to figure out initially. Questions arose as I dug a bit deeper and I deeply appreciate the opportunity to set up a 15-min Zoom consult. Two consults later and I am all set, up and running, and have a powerful tool at my disposal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have is my lack of knowledge. However, I have found free tutorials on YouTube and am slowly working through them all. https://www.youtube.com/c/NinoxLearning/videos?view=0&sort=da&flow=grid Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can only speak to Ninox as a single, individual user. I wanted to organize my work flow and felt a database versus spreadsheet would help... and it has in just the matter of 2-3 weeks. My personal workflow, record keeping, and data analysis will improve exponentially with Ninox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had trouble understanding relationships between tables; however, a quick consult sorted out my concerns and I now have two tables working together as hoped. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

La simplicité de partage des applications avec les utilisateurs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

L’éditeur de formulaires et l’absence de possibilité d’imprimer des étiquettes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pour avoir ses données partout disponibles et toujours sauvegardées, apprenez à vous servir de Ninox. Toutes les plateformes sont acceptées : PC, Mac, IPhone, IPad, android. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Par exemple: je suis tombé en panne de système d’encaissement pour mon commerce, et en deux jours j’ai créé une application qui m’a permis non seulement de simplifier le processus d’encaissement mais également d’économiser 2 à 5000 € pour en acheter un nouveau. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

looking for a replacement for Excel-tables for mutliple users I found Ninox, the non-code database. Easy to handle, tables are created in a short time, easy to understand the system, but to be honest, my databases I created with Ninox have a lot of code: when there are interaction between different tables, you can't avoid it. And here is the weakness of Ninox: the programming language is very powerfull, but its documentation is not complete. This is fortunately compensated by the fact that the support reacts very fast to any question or problem, and the same is in the forum, where a lot of guys can help you with tipps ans solutions.

The fact that tables can interact with calenders, with email-programs and emails can be automated save a lot of time. Now a click can execute several working steps and once the database is programmed, it avois a lot of errors which can be made if you have to do each steps manually. Compared to other databases I know, Ninox is the easiest to handle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

apart from the documentation, the printlayout has some problems for printing charts or images. Ninox promised to improve this in one of the next versions. BUt his is criticism on a high level Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have built up amongst other things a full customer care system ehich documents everything fro the first contact to the sale, write bills, makes the full bookkeeping and saves all the documents related to each transaction.Really a big save of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

With Ninox you start small and simple, then you gradually improve your database and it becomes more complex, Giving you an all-round solution to run your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are no downsides to Ninox, everything works just the way you want it. And all that can be achieved in a few clicks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I started with a simple file list. I am self employed and working on different jobs for several clients. I needed a list of my files and jobs to keep track of everything.

Then I implemented a task-list, a bit GTD style but personalized, because on every other app I had to recreate all the jobs I'm working on. On Ninox I had them already available. It was easy to link the tasks to the file-list (job-list).

To keep track of the time I work on projects, I used another app. But there I had to create all my jobs again, so I decided to do this with Ninox as well. This was a bit more difficult, but I already had some experience, so all went well. And now it is even better than on the app I used before.

After that, I decided to link my outgoing and incoming invoices to Ninox as well. That way I can link them to the jobs, tasks and my timings.

A few months ago, I employed someone and I created a team, so I can keep track of his working hours as well.

Last month I showed this database and the possibilities to a friend, who also has a business of his own. He was very interested in my approach. In a few clicks we made the database work for his company as well. We created a new team and within one single day he was up and running ! Now he wonders how he worked before he had this.

A week ago a new team was added and a third company now uses my solution.

So, my simple file-list now covers the whole business proces thanks to Ninox !

And it does not work just for me, others can benefit from it as well. So all the efforts I put into it, start to pay off. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder & Motion Designer
What do you like best?

It's easy to understand, like an empty form, they enter data into the field and can fully understand what is happening there. You can make changes to the structure and easily extend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are not so many output (for printing) layout options. It is not possible to use PDF templates or vector graphics. However, this is imported to print good documents for a customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, try it out and you'll quickly draw positive conclusions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The complete back office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Ninox Cloud is very quick to set up and use. It's highly intuitive and can be used without coding, but has the flexibility to use code if needed. I was confident enough of Ninox's capabilities within a couple of weeks' use to choose it to build a relational admin system for our team of five. I have quickly been able to build a system that truly meets our needs after many months of trying to find an off-the-shelf product. I have tried other cloud database systems but none were as intuitive as Ninox. The method of importing and exporting data is particularly important to us and Ninox does this with ease. The developers have been very supportive in any communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Documentation needs to be kept much more up-to-date. This is the only thing that has slowed us down in setting up our new system. I see references in support threads about functions and commands that it is very hard to find references for without looking through the blog for version updates. Although frequent automatic database backups are made, I would like to be able to schedule these to download. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Ninox for a system that our team can access from anywhere and on multiple types of device. The benefits to us are huge as we are all working remotely in a variety of environments. We now have a flexible system to keep track of hundreds of pieces of equipment, relating them to multiple contacts and events. The ability to quickly change and update our system is very valuable to us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's so flexible to do whatever I need and navigating between my tables of linked data couldn't be easier. Also, there are so many online video tutorials to really help you get up to speed on using the product. It's great! I've tried other "easy" web based DB builders. None of them compare - NINOX nailed it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Ninox support seems to be lacking complete documentation for the programming language that can be used to make Ninox really powerful. You can add code to formula data, display filters, etc. You don't need to know all this when you first get started, but once you start really tweaking your setup to make it work better you realize adding a bit of code here and there just starts making things amazing! I'd like to be able to browse the complete documentation for the programming language, with examples, so I can learn to do more.

Also, while the training videos are great, they videos allude to some other videos that don't appear to be available. Certain advanced topics are missing that would be great if they had some more videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ninox actually seemed too simple at first when I was testing it out. I didn't think it was going to meet my needs. Watch the training videos to learn what it can do and take a few notes on what you want to implement and the times a bit of code helped the situations out. Don't be scared if you don't "code". It's not needed at the basic level, but it's really easy to learn in the initial places where you'll benefit from it the most. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I finally have a CRM tool that is so so very useful to my needs. I literally have tried building out my specific CRM needs in 6 other applications and Ninox is the first one that lets me do exactly what I need - AND it's fast! No lagging around waiting for pages to load and having to back track to get to data. Open up any table view and if it has linked data somewhere else I can immediately get to it. It makes doing research in my own data just amazingly easy and fast! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

I am an architect and I don't know much about coding. With other software I was always missing some functions and now in a way I can 'code' what I need myself. It's excellent and it is continuously improving, the webinars are extremely helpful, the support team is very friendly and competent. I am deeply impressed and grateful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike ... but if I may recommend an improvement, it would be a 'facelift' to make the user interface (icons, colour scheme, etc.) more appealing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once you start using it you will slowly but surely discover the quality and the excellence of Ninox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As my business is growing I was losing the overview referring my contacts / contracts / orders / budgets and Ninox helps me efficiently to manage my bigger, longer, more complex lists of customers and service providers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Retired
What do you like best?

It is so quick and easy to produce a working database. I migrated a MSAccess database into Ninox quickly and immediately saw an improvement in ease of use. Very happy with Ninox support who answer promptly and efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Only the documentation which is slightly lacking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Many: I plan church services, follow my bank accounts, record health data and many others! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

dass man sehr schnell eine DB aufsetzen kann.

dass man sehr schnell das DB Schema ändern kann und dann gleich wieder Inhalte eingeben kann Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Funktionen Felder (fx) schwer zu bedienen. Visual Editor ist schon gut, aber immer noch etwas umständlich bzw. schwer zu durchschauen. Oft kann man bei Schwierigkeiten nicht zwischen dem Visual Editor und dem Text Editor wechseln, man muss erst im VE das Problem lösen bis man wieder wechseln kann.

Noch nicht verstanden wie ich zwischen DB referenzieren kann. Es ist mir klar, dass dies gehen muss. Was ich meine ist, dass dies noch besser unterstützt werden könnte.

wie wärs mit shortcuts auf DB. Falls man viele ... hat, dauert es lange bis ich da bin. Nach Pareto einige wenige werden zu 80% verwendet Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Verwaltung meiner Mandate (Termine, Leistungen, Rechnungen)

Steuerdetails Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Unit Director
What do you like best?

The flexibility and the plenty of features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not really something.. I only wish some more features on the system that I am sure will come.. Like for example triggers on delete or trigger on field focus... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please add some more coding features and possibilities.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Inventory management for a big fast food chain Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's that simple to make it work, and whenever I encountered any challenge, the team was eager to support me.

As an analog native with some basic knowledge of database design I was able (with a little help from my friends!) to build a requirements tracking tool that convinced all team mates to make use of it.

It was fast, simple, logical and it made fun! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A good high level tutoral would make sense Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you got the right idea, then make it! An challenge on the way can be discussed either in the forum or directly with the Ninox team. Thanks Christian and Joerg in Germany for the valued support! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We realized a very lean requirements tracking tool for a extremely heterogenous team spread all over Europe Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

- very intuitive, easy to setup a first database

- very flexible to improve and enhance the functionality

- extremely stable and fast Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- scripting possible, but not yet fully developed

- manual for scripting is only rudimentary, so programming Ninox is try and error Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Managing a scientific proposal and beamtime system in a small team of beamline scientists

- seamless use of the database natively on Mac , Windows , iPad and in Browsers

- easy integration with already existing databases Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-founder
What do you like best?

Manages to answer any question I throw at it, and present the answer neatly - and quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It looks very plain, and there are no options to open more than one window at a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Watch the videos, take your time to get your head into their space. Play around with the templates then dump them. Rethink what you want it to do for you: in my experience, Ninox can do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It took me a while to get into working with Ninox, but I was looking for something a lot more than a spreadsheet and a simple database - I needed something to manage the publishing process of a magazine, and also to manage subscriptions, template based communication, orders from different sources.. I'm 'still working out what else it can do.

Ninox is not only looking after the process, it is making me think about the processes more clearly, and helping me to organise things better in the real world.

I've enjoyed the challenge of working with the coding as well, probably more than I should do with getting on with the job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have been creating database systems for a Charity NINOX the security of date GDPR etc this was most important to us. The customer service is excellent and Pricing very reasonable in comparison to other similar cloud databases. Because we are a charity NINOX kindly offered to extend our trial period and we are very grateful for this, many thanks to the NINOX team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this time there doesn't seem to be anything about NINOX but I am very new to creating any kind of databases and I'm sure I might have a few difficulties in the future but the training, information, and support seem to be there so we will see as I progress on my new learning curve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Because we are a charity it is security that is a high priority this was thoroughly researched and our trustees seemed happy with the high security of NINOX in comparison to others. The other was pricing and NINOX seemed far more reasonable per user for what we wish to achieve with using NINOX. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Some of our charity systems need to be easily accessible in all areas of operation from client's information, bookkeeping, funding, volunteer and staff information, training, our activities, registrations, and Birthdays. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As a new user/beginner it is easy to get started, but it continues to get more powerful as one gets more advanced.

The support from both Ninox and the fast growing group of worldwide users is fantastic.

Simple integration with Integromat and Zapier add to its power. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Setting up fields and tables can be a little slow.

Documentation is quite weak. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accounting

Book keeping

CRM

Record keeping Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.