Nextpoint Reviews & Product Details

Nextpoint Overview

What is Nextpoint?

Nextpoint is efficient and affordable eDiscovery software delivered via the cloud. Expedite document review, production, and case-prep without installing anything. Get control of your document set and begin reviewing in minutes, with no data charges, and a top-rated client support team to lean on when you need it. FREE data import, processing, hosting, OCR, imaging, and productions. Simple, predictable per-user pricing for all projects. Never pay for data!

Nextpoint Details

Nextpoint patented, on-demand software, built – and running successfully – on cloud architecture for over a decade, automates the complex processes of eDiscovery and case preparation for modern legal teams.

Nextpoint offers advanced eDiscovery capabilities of much more expensive local-install applications in an intuitive, web-based package at a fraction of the cost. Our pricing plans are user-based. Never pay for data import, processing or hosting. Our consistently top-rated client success team can provide litigation support from import to review and even during a trial—a major differentiator from our competitors.

Nextpoint

Nextpoint Screenshots

Nextpoint Reviews

Showing 96 Nextpoint reviews
Already have Nextpoint?
What do you like best?

I am very impressed by the ongoing training offerings by NextPoint. There are weekly training sessions you can register for, in addition to a selection of training packages you can purchase which are tailored to the specific needs of your firm. NextPoint gives their customers every opportunity to stay up to date on product offerings and understanding of the product to get the most out of it. I am also very happy with my main contacts, Sibrey and Disa. They are fun to work with and very knowledgeable! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning when we first got NextPoint we were struggling and didn't feel like we really knew how to properly use the product. We felt like we were on our own to figure it out. But once we voiced our concerns, a team of experts took us under their wing and made sure we knew of the training opportunities available. This made all the difference for us! Since then, it has been great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When looking at other products, we were very pleased with NextPoint's pricing structure. Most competitors charge for the amount of data you are importing. Rather than charging for data, NextPoint charges for user licenses. Additionally, this is evaluated every month so if a user does not access the system that month, they are not charged. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our paralegals are able to organize extremely large data sets and find information in a much more timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner
What do you like best?

Nextpoint is great because of the very affordable pricing options that allow us to pass through to clients for a fraction of what other platforms charge, unlimited data storage options for raw data (which is great for helping clients preserve before discovery begins), the ability to process the data quickly, easy user interface (which is easy for inexperienced users to learn), and a very easy to use and convenient trial presentation software that works great for Zoom depositions and hearings. Also, the Nextpoint team is very responsive and invested in its customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The ability to organize data is not as comprehensive as I'd like--there is only a single folder structure and limit to the number of issue tags. However, Nextpoint was very responsive to customer input and has made many upgrades. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our Firm did not have an ediscovery solution, most lawyers were still producing PDFs, and only used an ediscovery platform in very large cases where the client could afford to engage a vendor to host and manage the database. Now we have an easy solution that even our older partners are adopting, allowing us to keep up with and in many cases surpass opposing counsel in our technology skills and compliance with ediscovery rules. We are also able to use it for storing and managing nonlitigation matters (such as internal investigations) without incurring expense on behalf of our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Nextpoint has great online resources with helpful videos, tutorials, and articles for nearly any question that arises. If I can't find the answer online, whenever I have called or emailed, the staff are very responsive. They are a great team with real customer service agents who can be reached by telephone or email when needed. They are constantly striving to better their services to help their customers - whether it be through free online continuing education courses or letting you know their team will review new issues in order to resolve them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Like any product, if you aren't using it on a regular basis, it can be overwhelming to navigate. However, it does get easier the more you use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Nextpoint to anyone looking for an easy to use, cost-effective eDiscovery platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

While working remotely - Nextpoint has helped our firm easily share documents between staff, our clients and with opposing counsel with little to no hassle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Over the course of my career, I have worked with all of the most well-known e-Discovery platforms and believe that Nextpoint is far and away the best investment. Nextpoint's pricing is beyond competitive for all its offerings. In three years of using Nextpoint, I have found it incredibly easy to use, and there hasn't been a single moment I've found myself needing any utility beyond Nextpoint's capabilities. The interface is highly intuitive, and Nextpoint is second-to-none when it comes to dedicated client service. I would urge any civil litigators (or really, any lawyers for whom the use of documentary evidence is integral to their practice) to consider Nextpoint. Most folks have only used one or two e-Discovery platforms, so allow me to make this simple... Between Nextpoint and Relativity, the choice is an easy one: Nextpoint, hands down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about Nextpoint that I have found to be lacking in any way. And when I have made suggestions directly to Nextpoint about ways in which they could improve their platform, they have not only listened, but actually effectuated the desired improvements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would welcome others to contact me to discuss the benefits of using Nextpoint, and cannot speak highly enough of the platform, all its tools, and importantly, the results-driven Nextpoint team that time and again goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure clients like me are satisfied. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nextpoint is unquestionably fulfilling all my e-Discovery needs at this time. I have managed several large document reviews using Nextpoint's platform (both for substance and for privilege), and through the user-friendly coding interface, I've significantly reduced the time I otherwise might have had to invest using a different platform when the times have come to fetch useful evidence to use as exhibits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

NextPoint is a fantastic litigation support and e-discovery management software. It's user interface is easy to use and the NextPoint tech team/support group is second to none. Document review and data management has never been easier. I love the ability to be able to folder key sets of documents and organize them in a way that is useful to the trial team. The database is blazing fast and I love that I can access it from my phone, iPad, or any web browser. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For more sophisticated users, there are limitations on back end control and customization. However, I believe that is something that is being addressed so I look for that to be changed in future releases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great software for the price point! I have used and/or demo'd almost every litigation support software on the market and this is by far one of my favorites for the price point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

NextPoint is the perfect solution for small to mid-size law firms, making it the perfect software for me to recommend to my clients who have a conservative budget for e-discovery/data management solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the staff and the support team. Nextpoint has excellent Customer Service. The team always gives me an answer and solution whenever I have a problem. Staff such as Spencer, Disa, Sonali, and David Daskal have made the user experience run smoothly for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the exporting process. It takes too long and fails depending on various factors. Especially if there are too many volumes or documents contained in a single file. If I ever have an emergency, this might become a huge issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it for all your discovery and production needs! It's an amazing software and program unlike many other that every law firm could benefit from using. I would highly recommend it to other other companies outside of the areas of law for its unique and cool features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Discovery and Production. This is the best part of Nextpoint. If I need to produce any discovery, if I need to stamp or endorse any documents, if I need to set up my production with an ESI protocol, if I need to share or send my discovery, Nextpoint is hands down the best software and tools for these purposes. Everything from the load files to the templates and coding makes the discovery process so much easier and quicker to produce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The NextPoint software is designed specifically for law firms and helps clearly and securely organize client documents to prepare them for review and production. It has a wide variety of useful features that you can choose whether or not to utilize, but the full extent of the data modeling, review platform, and separate production databases make it a crucial asset when managing large numbers of cases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to create subfolders since it is confusing to have thousands of documents appear when you pull up a single folder. I like that the folders are just tags, but it still would be helpful to have a further way of sorting. Also, while the wide variety of available features likely contributes to this, there is a fairly steep learning curve to be able to utilize the software to the fullest extent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The support section is great. Nextpoint support offers free webinars and videos, along with detailed support pages to answer both small and complex questions. Their support team is passionate about the product and responsive to requests. I would highly recommend the webinars, as they provide a great deal of useful information about utilizing the full extent of the platform's features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to quickly and easily review documentation, highlight, redact, add notes, and share. The secure system has enabled us to collect large numbers of files and review them in batches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Attorney
What do you like best?

I like the ability to compile and organize vast amounts of ESI into a manageable and searchable format. In addition, being able to add responsive issue tags that appear on the cloud-based software and can be viewed by all members of my team working on a given case is very useful for quickly finding certain documents or a group of documents relating to a specific category. For example, it is very useful to be able to quickly pull documents authored by a certain witness during a deposition. Likewise, it is easy to search through exhibits and find documents relating to various issues that may arise on the spot during a trial. In addition, the support and training staff are very helpful and knowledgeable when issues or confusion arises. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see customizable shortcut hotkeys for coding documents in review. I wish that the de-duplication process was a bit more intuitive. There seems to be a small barrier to entry in utilizing the software-based approach to discovery that makes it more difficult to work the use of the software into the workflow of less technologically savvy users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have someone on your team who you can designate as the key administrator/overseer of the administration of the program throughout your office. Preferably someone with experience working with technology. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We deal with large cases containing tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of pages of electronic discovery regularly, being able to review, BATES and produce these documents with a few clicks is critical. Utilizing Nextpoint has saved me an immense amount of time and hassle in avoiding scanning through a huge set of produced documents and/or folders when on the spot and looking for specific issues or individuals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Nextpoint enables small firms to manage complex e-discovery in-house, even in cases that involves tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of pages. Avoids the extremely high cost of e-discovery vendors. I also like NextPoint oas compared to other e-discovery platforms because of its flat rate monthly pricing model. We host a high amount of data on NextPoint that would be cost prohibitive for platforms that have per-gigabyte pricing models. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Does have an initial steep learning curve (especially with regard to uploading and processing load file-type productions), but NextPoint provides plenty of guides, seminars, and customer support to overcome that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you plan on using your e-discovery platform to host lots of data, then NextPoint should be high on your list. If you only plan on using it for small or sporadic projects, then the pricing model might not make sense for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use NextPoint as an e-discovery platform to upload, review, and process both our document productions and our opponent's document productions. Through NextPoint, we've been able to bring all e-discovery, even cases with hundreds of thousands of documents, in house (instead of paying thousands of dollars per month for e-discovery vendors). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like Nextpoint's ease of use and the ability to customize. It is also very nice being able to do your own uploads & customization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lack of predictive searches/review & multiple highlight color options on theatre view can hinder our ability to convince other firms to use it -- despite it not being all that useful in certain cases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nextpoint has been great for our smaller/lower value cases that need an organized way to host & review documents but without expensing giant ESI bills. And if those same cases go to trial, the cost-effective theatre view allows you to put on a high-tech case for the jury without the expenditure of a trial tech. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Our last product was on premise. The fact that Nextpoint is in the cloud and not only can our attorneys access it anywhere, but they can easily share documents with experts and outside counsel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are only two things I think of. The first is really not a big deal but we have quite a few cases and it would be nice to have the projects alphabetically. The only other thing is that we have come across a few times when opposing counsel has sent an overlay file. We don't have the ability to import these ourselves. Having said that, tech support has been very helpful in taking care of these for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We are using their subscription premium which gives our firm unlimited users and data (and of course access to their excellent tech support). I recommend this to others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think the bulk of my tickets has been either there was an issue importing the documents (due to the load file from opposing counsel being incorrect), importing an overlay or informational (for example, learning the best way to share productions). It's so easy to create new project, assign users, bate stamp documents, create productions, search and tag documents, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

The program is exceptionally user friendly and the support team is great to work with when you have questions. They have also been very responsive and great to work with when there are suggestions on how to improve things and their implementation of the feature requests happens in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few functions that we as admins had the ability to perform in our past review platforms (example: coding overlays) that we currently have to send to the support team to complete. It's my understanding though that they are working towards making these functions available to admins in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a platform that is easy for your users to learn and use on a regular basis this program is perfect for your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of the biggest benefits to the program for us is the ability to share documents or search results to other users without having to export them. This particular feature goes a long way towards helping us combat duplicates in databases and has helped us guide new users to the program that may not have worked in a review platform previously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The cost structure allows us to effectively and efficiently litigate our case without the concerns we have had regarding the size of data on platforms that bill per GB. Given the nature of construction litigation, cases tend to be document intensive and the documents themselves are very large (drawing files, CAD files, schedules, etc.). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Three areas for improvement are:

1) It is challenging to upload produced data from the opposing side but they are developing an import tool to assist.

2) There are some limitations in the searching and sorting functions as compared to other providers.

3) Tagging is more cumbersome than it is on other platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Relativity does not have the flexibility that we need as a firm to litigate our cases efficiently and other e-discovery providers were simply far too expensive when you factor in both the per-GB cost and the cost of project support for every single call/question. We have been able to upload more cases and more information to Nextpoint and to efficiently access and share that information in a way that was never fully enabled in the past (documents were only available via VPN, for example). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Nextpoint is an amazing user friendly e-discovery software that we use daily in my field of work. Working as a paralegal at a law firm, we are constantly receiving client documents which can include emails, spreadsheets, word documents, Adobe PDF documents, in addition to, receiving productions from opposing counsel and/or other third parties. Nextpoint gives us the ease of being able to review these documents in an efficient and organized manner. We are able to review, mark, and produce documents with just a few clicks of a button. I have personally sampled other e-discovery software platforms but none compares to Nextpoint, not just the interface, but also with pricing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like for them to be more available for answering live questions instead of guide us to the videos on the support site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software is extremely user friendly and they have unlimited data storage at no additional fee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Document production is a major part of a paralegal's job. Nextpoint has made it easy for us to upload, review and produce documents which would otherwise take paralegals hours. They also are very helpful with trial preparation. The software makes it easy to review deposition transcripts and prepare deposition designations in addition to plenty of other features. They even have components that allow you to clip certain portions of the deposition transcript and link them to the video transcript if you have it available for presentation during trial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Nextpoint is intuitive and easy for our users to use. The adoption rate in our firm has increases since switching to Nextpoint, as a result. The developers at Nextpoint are very responsive to feedback and are continually improving the product and implementing requested feature enhancements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Nextpoint. There are some features available in other review platforms out there that aren't available in Nextpoint. However, many of these are actively being worked on by the developers at Nextpoint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We utilize Nextpoint across all of our firm office locations. We house historical data that is referenced over and over again in our toxic tort practice. We also use Nextpoint for general cases as a traditional review platform. We have increased user adoption across our firm, and have been able to increase collaboration on cases due to the cloud-based nature of the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. eDiscover Paralegal
What do you like best?

The ease of importing is second-to-none! Customer service is personable and professional - over the top! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Converting conventional load files can be a little cumbersome, but easily solved if document productions are received with a csv load file - make sure to request this in your meet and confer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Efficiently and effectively getting data imported and getting productions out the door, not to mention eliminating the need for a middleman to manage the backend details. Next Point has made the entire process seamless. Every aspect of this platform is what every person managing eDiscovery has dreamed about! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The coding panel is easy to set up and I am able to locate documents fairly quickly when searching. We were able to run large productions on our own without having to pay the extra service fees. We were able to export a working set of the produced documents into another database without being charged an additional data import fee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can come up with workarounds for the few issues I have come across. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have two complex document intensive cases. Some historical documents were produced without metadata but we were able to create a workaround to assist with searching through these documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Real Estate Paralegal
What do you like best?

Nextpoint is easy step 1, step 2, etc. It makes use of the software quick and efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

After documents are uploaded into the database and we begin too review, if we get out and go back later, the documents are rearranged. It would be simpler if the documents remained in order rather than constantly changed on the document review section. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Doesn't take a superior education to learn the program. It is a simple program that allows for time efficient assignments Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Discovery maintenance and storage. Quick access to specific documents making use of time efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Attorney
What do you like best?

The ability to customize everything. Search features are also great and the customer support is amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Certain portions of the system cannot be changed. I would like to be able to change portions of the system so that I could more effectively use NextPoint for projects that might not traditionally fit into eDiscovery software. Subfolders would be helpful in certain situations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have used NextPoint to organize and review several large document productions. We have also used NextPoint to help with case/claim management related to high volume litigation on behalf of a larger client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I best like the foldering system and which cuts down on duplication and creates an easy avenue between related documents, in addition to the automatic OCR'ing which makes these documents easily searchable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am not a big fan of the timing it takes to upload a voluminous set of documents, nor do I care for the redacting system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Though it is slightly time consuming on the front-end, the program has made coding and searching for documents so much more efficient. Things are easy and quick to find, saving valuable time, especially during such events as depositions and deposition preparation. I also enjoy being able to pull certain documents that are coded in multiple folders based solely on what is needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that the billing structure of Nextpoint allows us to offer it to our smaller clients and not just our larger clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the folder structure was more usable and that we could have folders within folders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do plenty of training prior to implementation and continue to do training so that your users are using it correctly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Document management for our litigation files is much easier and more organized than if we put them in our document management system (imanage). We are able to search our documents and organize them better for productions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Unlimited storage, ease of review and creation of privilege log Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I am asked to return the discovery produced and returning it in the same manner as received is not as easy as it could be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to use a system for all of your files without a worry you will pay for each additional feature or GB then Nextpoint should be the solution you choose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reviewing tens of thousands of documents is not as daunting as it used to be and examining them to prepare for a depo is easier than the system we previously used. During Zoom depos the system lets me find and show documents I may not have thought needed and can introduce them seamlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Nextpoint is constantly updating the software and adding new features and is user friendly. The support staff is very responsive and knowledgeable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like some basic features that were available in our previous document review platform and sometimes Nextpoint is very slow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to add additional documents or productions to a Nextpoint database which our previous software did not support. Also, we are able to load large data sets more quickly than with our previous software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease to upload documents and folder for review. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Importing load files that need to be "tweaked" to be recognized by Nextpoint. Setting up the exports for production or to share with expert witnesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nextpoint's customer service is outstanding. They are very responsive, particularly when you are under a time constraint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our biggest problem has been managing the receipt of large document productions. Nextpoint enables us to organize and review documents quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I liked the realtime illustrations of walking through the features and different ways to receive, review and produce documents. Since there's so many different ways of viewing documents, I liked the explanation and the pace (it wasnt done in a rush) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dont feel like there's anything I dont dislike so far. I feel more of these type sessions would be beneficial since there's always new ways to handle reviews, production, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No other recommendations I can think of at this moment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I realized that Nextpoint is definitely user friendly especially for someone like me but I am still feeling a little overwhelmed since it is a brand new program for someone like me that's new to this Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Nextpoint?

Nextpoint Categories on G2