Nextpoint Reviews & Product Details

What is Nextpoint?

Nextpoint is fast, efficient eDiscovery software delivered via the cloud. Expedite document review, production, and case-prep without installing anything. Get control of your document set and begin reviewing in minutes, with no data charges, and a top-rated client support team to lean on when you need it. FREE data import, processing, hosting, OCR, imaging, and productions. Simple, predictable per-user pricing for all projects. Never pay for data!

Nextpoint Screenshots

1-50 of 51 total Nextpoint reviews

Nextpoint Reviews

1-50 of 51 total Nextpoint reviews
AL

"Great at first, then small issues came"

What do you like best?

Doc review. I have cases with thousands of produced documents, which is nearly impossible to review and organize in a usable fashion. Nextpoint makes doc review and issue tagging extremely easy to do and to use. Also, Nextpoint is extremely receptive to feedback or requests, and are constantly evolving their software to client's wants and needs. That is hard to find!

What do you dislike?

The "Prep" database for reviewing transcripts. It seems to me that this database is in its infancy or that Nextpoint has focused its time and attention on the "Review" database. First: many of my txt transcripts uploaded without proper page breaks, making it impossible to review and issue code or designate transcripts. Nextpoint offered to "fix" the page break problem in the txt files, which would cost us about $1500 for 8 transcripts. Then I discovered that the txt files did in fact have the proper page breaks, and loaded correctly into Summation. We exported the transcripts from Summation and uploaded those into Nextpoint, and viola! It was fine. This tells me that there is something wrong with Nextpoint's software, and they wanted to charge us hundreds of dollars to "fix" the txt files. Second: the transcript designations export options are almost worthless to us; if I wanted a list of designations by issue (for which there are 20-30), I would have to export each issue separately, as opposed to having an option to export designations by issue. Because of that, we began using a different platform for our transcript review. However, I will note that Nextpoint has been made aware of these issues and are receptive to adding new designation export options, so this review may be obsolete in a few months (except for the txt upload problems, they never said they would look into that issue).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be afraid to let Nextpoint know of any issues or any requests in features! They are very responsive and open to evolving and implementing changes to the software. They want to hear from you to learn how to make their software better.

Again, doc review is streamlined.

Litigation Services Manager of the Americas
Legal Services

"Very good tool with some improvements needed. "

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the tool. From an end-user perspective, there isn't a big learning curve which helps alleviate concerns about using it. You can get to what you need in only a few clicks, so it simplifies the review process greatly. From an admin perspective, everything is fairly straight forward and doesn't require a lot of database or admin experience to setup and/or use. Their is also some nice customizability that allows for tailoring databases and reviews to the specific requirements of that case. Processing QC is also fairly straight forward.

What do you dislike?

There is really only one aspect of NP that I dislike, and that's the way that it processes data. Not necessarily what goes on in the backend, just how we get the data ready for import and such. The drag and drop processing function is really only good for data sets that are less than 1GB in total size. The "cloud" processing option, I have found, is more accurate with processing, but it's very cumbersome to use. Having to go through Cloudberry - an external program - can be extremely slow and I think defeats the main goal of what this tool is trying to be - simple. Using cloudberry is not an ideal way to process and can be especially burdensome when it involves very large data sets. Finding a more streamlined way of processing (see: get rid of cloudberry) would make NP a much more approachable tool. That being said, there are other smaller issues that I would like to see resolved in the future. These include: Remove the 1500 page limit for documents, full customization for coding fields/window and the ability to process and keep nested folder structures (or at least provide the ability to recreate the folder structures). It would also be nice of the Transcripts aspect of NP was more like the review aspect with regards to folder creation and such. Finally, the ability to "ghost" or duplicate the setup of another database without having to recreate from scratch every time would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an easy to use and administer tool that can handle small to medium sized projects (0-20GB) with relative ease, and something that end-users will find easy to learn and use, Nextpoint is a very good option for you. It's not as robust as other products out there, but if used correctly it can save a lot of time and money for you and your clients. I think that my biggest issues with the product are going to be almost universal with other users as well, but even with it's shortcomings Nextpoint has proved to be a very valuable tool for us - and it can be a very valuable tool for others as well. By fixing a few of the issues though, NP can and will be a big player in the e-discovery industry.

NP has afforded us the opportunity to keep more projects in-house, which in turn will lead to more billable time and will (hopefully) create another profit generating department for the firm. It has also allowed us to get work done faster, which makes case teams much more efficient.

Response from Alex Braun of Nextpoint

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for the detailed feedback! We’d heard some similar comments about the 1,500-page limit for document imports, so our developers worked hard to eliminate it without affecting the speed of the program. (Incidentally, that update was in the works before your post and went live a couple days later.)

After this update, using a staging folder and uploading data via Cloudberry is only necessary for document imports above 5 GB or those which contain a load file. It’s to prevent your browser from timing out and canceling the upload—a risk that unfortunately exists for all web-based file processors. However, we’re exploring ways to make the process faster and more straightforward.

We’ve entered your other suggestions re: folder structures and duplicating a database setup to our development queue. There are also some ways to view folder structures in Nextpoint, which we’ll be contacting you about shortly. Would you mind sending us an email elaborating on what you’re looking for in terms of customizing the coding fields?

Owner
Legal Services

"Nextpoint from a hot seater's perspective"

What do you like best?

We recently used Nextpoint and Trial Director for prep and for trial presentation. Coordination between multiple distributed teams was very smooth. Having Nextpoint as a central repository made it easy for various attorneys and litigation support staff to verify what materials I would have available to me in the courtroom. If there were new materials that I needed to have, I could easily pull them down from Nextpoint and into Trial Director. If there were exhibits that were being used by opposing counsel that I was unsure whether I had, having access to Nextpoint search was extremely helpful in locating documents by keywords and phrases.

What do you dislike?

When working on demonstratives, we used the Share feature to distribute copies of the latest versions. But documents added to Nextpoint via the Share function seem less searchable and/or accessible, and so it was difficult at times to figure out what was the latest version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It helps to have someone who is relatively tech savvy to act as the point person when interacting with Nextpoint. This person doesn't necessarily have to already be an expert in Nextpoint, but experience with other doc review tools or tech-savviness in general would be preferred. This kind of aptitude will help streamline the transition to using Nextpoint and also help you to maintain/manage more of your casefile internally.

The business problem that Nextpoint solves is coordinating work across multiple firms in multiple cities and locations. Work/knowledge across teams could be leveraged, saving time and avoiding duplicate efforts. Most importantly from a hot seater's perspective, Nextpoint simplifies the communication process. Everyone knows what everyone else has. No one assumes that I have something and I don't have to wonder if there's something that I'm missing.

Member

"User-friendly software!"

What do you like best?

Nextpoint is easy to use, because it is intuitive. Not only does that make for a great user experience, it also makes for easy training of new users on the review team! The folks at Nextpoint are always super helpful and friendly, and very responsive to any questions or concerns.

What do you dislike?

inability to run a term search across more than one sub-folder at a time; seemingly confusing with regard to preparing documents for export (but this is most likely due to my lack of experience with the program)

I am helping my client to sort through thousands of documents in the most practical, cost-effective manner. This benefits not only the client, but my legal team as well as we are then able to search and sort through those documents in an efficient manner.

"Nextpoint Review"

What do you like best?

Nextpoint makes it extremely easy to filter through documents and flag pertinent material. It also makes it easy to move documents into various categories after the relevant documents have been flagged and allows all individuals with access to that particular count to easily view flagged material and comments by others.

What do you dislike?

I have not had the easiest time extracting pages from a larger document for review. I am not sure I am comfortable with extracting pages because the original never gets deleted and then you end up accumulating duplicates of various documents. I think I would like it better if you could edit the original documents and select whether you want to keep the original or delete it, so that you don't end up with multiple of the same thing.

It saves a lot of time when reviewing large volumes of documents and allows various users to access the material at one time which makes it easy to use for a large group project. It is also extremely efficient to add various tabs while you are using it and to add attorney comments for others to view.

UL

"A good product for small sized firms"

What do you like best?

The database is pretty straightforward, and when you do have problems with it, their support center is easy to reach. The layout is conducive to document review and I really appreciate that it allows you to search for hidden texts within a document when reviewing. Using this database definitely shortens the amount of time you would spend when producing documents.

What do you dislike?

The product is still being developed so there are a lot of features other e-discovery products have that Nextpoint does not yet; this sometimes requires you to complete a task in a roundabout way. One feature that I hope they add soon is the ability to create subfolders.

During the discovery stage of a case is when Nextpoint is most helpful. I like that Nextpoint is able to read many different file formats. In fact, using a Mac OS Software I am unable to view certain documents that were created on a PC, I have different applications to deal with this problem but Nextpoint makes it easy because it recognizes many of these files in their database.

UL

"Easy to setup and use eDiscovery platform"

What do you like best?

It was easy to start using. It has a familiar and intuitive interface and with a powerful search feature.

The fact it is all stored in the cloud allows for easy access by lawyers and clients alike.

The support has also been great. There's a point person who assists you with small issues as they come up and a larger team is assigned to any projects you need assistance with.

It is highly compatible with existing platforms. So far, whatever format we have received we've been able to import easily. We've also been able to produce our documents in any format required by opposing counsel.

What do you dislike?

Working with older scanned documents (non-native) was a bit difficult at times. The document splitting feature in the program itself isn't great so you're better off splitting and having all your documents ready in that sense prior to import.

As the search tool is powerful there is a bit of a learning curve. Likely no way to avoid this. Even after using for a while, you have to be smart with your searches and occasionally try multiple variations with modifiers to make sure you get the right results.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Given its powerful tools and flexible plans, Nextpoint ought to be considered by anyone looking for eDiscovery software or to switch to a new platform.

The program has helped us manage our electronic discovery process in an efficient and effective manner. It allows us to have a powerful tool along with excellent without having to make a large investment in hardware or software.

"NextPoint helped me fact check expert reports"

What do you like best?

It makes production searchable, which is a godsend, as Adobe has very limited functionality for searching across files by itself. The existence of native files was great, one I figured out how to use it. Linking exhibits from depositions is really awesome. Overall, I would use this every time over any other method I've used for fact checking expert reports.

What do you dislike?

Exact string matching from the initial search is unreliable. I don't particularly like how different categories like "documents" and "depositions" are siloed and don't automatically search from one another, though I think this may differ depending on implementation. The availability of native files from Bates-stamped PDFs should be made more prominent when available, maybe by changing the color of the document selector when a native original is available. Reduction of duplicates Exhibits/Bates stamped docs would be nice, and it would be nice to match up documents that are both Exhibits and Bates stamped together.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I've heard from coworkers that it's a lot better than Relativity, but I've never used Relativity. I would recommend it to anyone thinking of a production management software.

I'm checking citations and suggesting edits to expert reports. It's a lot easier to have everything in one place than to hunt down a document on a file server. Text string matching is great for finding unattributed quotes, usually. It makes me a lot more self-sufficient as a checker, rather than having to ask the author where the source documents are.

UL

"Good for document organization"

What do you like best?

It has a robust tagging and sorting system, which makes finding the documents you need easy. It automatically fills in fields like creation date and title where such things are previously existing.

What do you dislike?

Many duplicates get uploaded to the system, sometimes under different titles, and you are required to go through all of them and weed out the ones you do not want or need. Photos included in emails are broken out into their own files, but this sometimes includes signature photos and space fillers, which are completely unnecessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software seems like it's still in the development phase as far as features. What it does, it does really well, but there are some things that it still seems to be lacking. It's easy to learn and use with several analytics for numbers nerds.

We needed a document management tool for thousands of documents and this seems to do the trick.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Nextpoint used for deposition designations"

What do you like best?

The color coding always look great when I need to designate a lot of affirmative designations, counters, objections, etc for trial.

What do you dislike?

In my experiences I cannot think of anything that I dislike, I very much enjoy using the product whenever I can.

As an attorney I often have to argue with the opposing party about testimony that was given in depositions and in court. I use nextpoint to highlight issues and objections regarding those statements. It makes it very easy for us to quickly understand where the issues are that we need to get resolved.

Legal Assistant

"Nextpoint Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize the grid view, tagging fields and combining tags-such as Folder No. and Name. The ability to add accounts is really great too.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing explicitly that I dislike about the software. The only minor complaints would be that it takes time to rotate pages.

Our company uses Nextpoint to organize our legal documents for our law firm. The ability to tag and keep track of all of the documents we receive from clients and opposing counsel are very beneficial.

"Just getting started"

What do you like best?

I am just getting started with NextPoint, but can already see the ease of use, especially with importing documents, which I found cumbersome with our last e-discovery software. I have a lot to learn, but the staff has been willing and helpful.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot I still need to learn. I think that the best way to really retain is through trial and error so it will take some time to really feel comfortable in NextPoint. Until then, projects sometimes feel like they take longer than they should.

We are still in the early stages of using NextPoint, but I think it will be key in large document review and productions, especially with the new NDIL discovery pilot program, which accelerates the discovery process.

UL

"As a paralegal, I utilize this program in a document intensive litigation. "

What do you like best?

I best like the foldering system and which cuts down on duplication and creates an easy avenue between related documents, in addition to the automatic OCR'ing which makes these documents easily searchable.

What do you dislike?

I am not a big fan of the timing it takes to upload a voluminous set of documents, nor do I care for the redacting system.

Though it is slightly time consuming on the front-end, the program has made coding and searching for documents so much more efficient. Things are easy and quick to find, saving valuable time, especially during such events as depositions and deposition preparation. I also enjoy being able to pull certain documents that are coded in multiple folders based solely on what is needed.

Litigation

"Terrific Support Team"

What do you like best?

The accessibility of the support team is excellent. Training is easy and user friendly. NextPoint offers webinars on any topic and the staff is always willing to schedule an in person training session.

What do you dislike?

Because it is cloud based, we cannot access NextPoint without a "hot spot" in the courtrooms.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Customer support is at the top of my list of requirements when using a product like NextPoint and they deliver!

The ease of searching and sorting through a lot of documents is terrific.

Associate

"Very user friendly "

What do you like best?

- It is extremely user friendly

- We can look up our documents easily in massive files

- We can work on it from any computer

- Many people can be connected at the same time.

What do you dislike?

The metadata sometimes make it difficult. For example, if we load PDF documents, there is information such as the date, author, title of document, etc. that is missing.

We use it in all of our massive files involving voluminous documentation. It is extremey helpful.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I like the layout. It is pleasing to the eyes and doesn't scare new users like Relativity does.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that users are not able to perform overlays. Often times, we need this done ASAP and there is a lag with a request going in and the overlay being performed. I understand there is a standard time frame for responding to all support requests, but the ability to overlay is a common feature in most ediscovery tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. You will not be disappointed. The team is very receptive to users' suggestions. Numerous recommendations from our firm's team have been implemented in our relatively short time with the product

It is our preferred ediscovery tool.

UL

"Our firm has reviewed numerous documents for attorney-client privilege/business confi and redaction."

What do you like best?

I liked the metrics that Nextpoint used to display, so that each team member could gauge their production against that of their peers.

What do you dislike?

That you can only redact one page at a time. There are seem to be some issues with the de-duping aspect of the program. We keep seeing the same documents over and over.

We are removing privileged documents from production to our litigation opponent and keeping an electronic record of what we have done. It helps to keep voluminous production under control.

Managing Member

"Great product"

What do you like best?

I've used all of the competitors' products. For the money, NextPoint cannot be beat. The interface is easy to use and the NextPoint is very quick to respond to questions and issues. This is a great product.

What do you dislike?

If the program could identify near duplicates, that would be a great addition. The competitive products with this functionality costs significantly more though.

We had a need for document review system that allowed us to work with documents in the cloud. NextPoint filled the role.

UL

"Good customer service, not user friendly"

What do you like best?

The customer service representatives at NextPoint are very responsive and are great at responding to any issues no matter how big or small.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not at all intuitive - there are many steps that need to take place for almost every process. A lot of small issues with the layout of pages as well, lots of scrolling up and down the pages to make changes, not a lot of ways to customize things for my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fine on a base level. Needs a lot of instruction for use.

Having to search through hundreds of thousands of pages of discovery production for a certain name or date has gotten much easier. The advanced search tool is great.

Response from Alex Braun of Nextpoint

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you had some issues with the layout. Speed is a big deal to us, so we'd definitely like to hear your thoughts on how to make things work faster for you. Send some suggestions to support@nextpoint.com and we'll take a look at them right away. (And please do mention that you came from G2 Crowd!)

"Law Office review"

What do you like best?

The searchability options are much more advanced than I am used to. It is great that I can search within a search

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you cannot change the short cut title because when I split documents the title is consist even if the documents change.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't use a case that is about to go to trial, practice with the program on smaller cases first.

We are trying to get both offices on the same page as far as method of saving, organizing and filing. I realized this is a great way to share documents between offices.

Contract Attorney
Legal Services

"Have used Nextpoint on various review projects."

What do you like best?

Nextpoint is ease of use and stability is better than most other platforms I have used.

What do you dislike?

Once folders have been loaded, refreshing the browsers leads to having to load the folders again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I prefer Nextpoint over the other platforms I have previously used.

I am searching for documents in litigation discovery. Allows me to work efficiently on projects.

Administrative Assistant
Oil & Energy

"Easy to use Litigation Support Software and Service"

What do you like best?

Nextpoint is great because it is user-friendly and easy to use. The software helps our law firm manage & review documents and easily search transcripts.

What do you dislike?

Less tech-savy users may require more training to use the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend taking advantage of their training programs for better ease of use.

This software makes it easier for us to organize and review documents such as transcripts from depositions.

Paralegal (Construction Litigation)

"Nextpoint is great"

What do you like best?

I love the trial preparation tools, such as the ability to work with deposition designations.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the separation between the review and the prep databases.

We are working on customizing the review field sizes. We have realized the benefit of being able to search a large number of documents for a particular topic.

AL

"Great, user friendly platform ideal for document review. "

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and easy to navigate. There are plenty of customizable options without being overwhelming to the end user.

What do you dislike?

The search options are not quite as inclusive or intuitive as some other programs. Processing time on certain functions can be slow at times. I would like to see more analytics and TAR functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ideal for medium sized linear review projects and also very helpful in depo prep.

Identifying evidence for use at depositions and trial, as well as conducting privilege and confidentiality reviews for defensive discovery.

Paralegal
Law Practice

"My experience with Nextpoint has been amazing!"

What do you like best?

I love the availability of the support team! It is also so easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that there were handbooks for less technologically savvy offices. It being so web based is sometimes more difficult than helpful in this instance.

We have been able to organize our e-storage tremendously!

Staff Attorney
Law Practice

"KM - Siskind Boyd Nexpoint Review "

What do you like best?

The customer service and support is great. Anytime I have a question I am able to talk to a real person and get great feed back.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind right now - reviewing discovery is never very fun.

With Nextpoint, I am able to organize and search large volumes of discovery. This would be nearly impossible without Nexpoint.

Paralegal
Law Practice

"Nextpoint is by far the most intuitive and easy to use platform we've tried."

What do you like best?

Ease of search, either by Bates number, or descriptive string.

What do you dislike?

The inability to bulk upload without having to use the S3.

Reviewing in the platform is so much easier, and less time consuming than other platforms we've used.

Avocat/Lawyer

"Nextpoint Review"

What do you like best?

I enjoy very much the reader and the userfriendly interface.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the formatting is quite heavy and the incompatibility to read CAD files is to be fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

More options

Reviewing and summarizing documents - Law firm stuff

UL

"Excellent eDiscovery for small firm "

What do you like best?

Ease of use and excellent customer service. It is easy to do advanced searches and filter documents. It is mostly user-intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any issues to dislike, yet. I have only used the review platform, not the prep platform so far.

Ability to search large volume of digital data.

UL

"Nextpoint is a useful and practical platform for use in the discovery stage."

What do you like best?

Nextpoint is intuitive and allows the discovery process to be smooth. I like how you can review a large amount of information within a short amount of time due to the way they organize and consolidate the information.

What do you dislike?

I have only had positive experiences with Nextpoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get comfortable and learn by doing!

I like how Nextpoint allows you to search all of the different formats and files you are working with. It also allows you to print to PDF different sizes of the files you are working with.

Research Associate
Management Consulting

"Document review"

What do you like best?

Text searchability is generally accurate

What do you dislike?

Downloading documents--would be good if OCR text matched location in PDF on the page, rather than in small font in the upper right hand corner

Finding keywords and text in documents

"Using Nextpoint"

What do you like best?

I believe that the strongest feature of Nextpoint is the search capabilities.

What do you dislike?

I waited too long to start entering information into Nextpoint.

We had an extremely document intensive file and it was incredibly helpful when we needed to find a specific documents or a specific set of documents.

"Nexpoint"

What do you like best?

The variety and multitude of capabilities the program offers.

What do you dislike?

The inability to use so many of the programs functions. (without customer support)

Often times, there are many steps required to perform a task; it can be very time intensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read reviews and speak to other users.

Discovery document storage- the program allows for excellent organization.

"Database Review"

What do you like best?

I like that you can include different advanced categories at one time to limit a search result.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can click to see the documents before or after when a specific document is requested.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have metadata information available. My database if pdf only and searching is time consuming.

I am not solving a problem, just assisting with finding documents.

AI