NetBase

NetBase delivers the social intelligence that global brands and agencies use to publish, monitor, analyze and engage with customers in real time.

Work for NetBase?

Learning about NetBase?

NetBase Reviews

Ask NetBase a Question
Showing 201 NetBase reviews
Eric N.

"Great Social Listening Tool"

What do you like best?

Overall, this is the strongest social listening tool that I have used to help monitor brand keywords and audience sentiment. The Natural Language Processing to understand the context around the conversation in relation to the monitored keywords. Then, the ability to turn that data into understandable charts that can be passed along to the client to help lead a strategy discussion. Brand Passion is a nice wrinkle to understand how people are actually talking about the product—not just saying they like or love it.

The team at NetBase has been very helpful from the jump and set up our team for success to best demonstrate success to our client.

What do you dislike?

It's not NetBase's fault, but the changing access to the backend of social platforms hurts pulling in some numbers. But, this is not specific to NetBase. Other than that, we have had no issues with the platform and the team has been super helpful in ensuring that we have demonstrated success with our clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While it might be pricey, you get what you pay for in terms of social listening capabilities.

We are using for audience segmentation in relation to a brands that span from Travel & Tourism to CPG-based clients. Also, we are using it for keywords related to the brand—particularly brand key terms. This has been useful to identify platform, promotional and even content strategies.

We just started using it for influencer campaigns to help track success and their language toward the brand. This has been a useful tool to understand the projected impact of campaigns on social and through their websites.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about NetBase
Scott M. Z.

"Changed the way we look at social insights"

What do you like best?

Netbase has allowed us to track events, campaigns, and crises like we never have been able to in the past. Being able to share with leadership how one event compares to another has been a huge win for us in the social media department.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a quick search capability. Would be nice for times you just want to look at a random keyword and pull back some intuitive data. IE something is trending on twitter and we'd a high-level look at the conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have them out to run through the capabilities. Your mind will spin for a bit as you try to understand all the ways it could help your business, but the team will help get you on the right track that makes sense for your company.

We're able to dive deep into customer preferences and feedback in areas where we need more info about a group of people or certain preferences that groups have. Netbase has also allowed us to gauge the impact of a crisis by comparing it to others that we have tracked in the platform. Finally, through alerts specific searches we have been able to identify issues in a manner that just wasn't possible before bringing in Netbase.

What Social Media Analytics solution do you use?

John P.

"A Robust Social L"

What do you like best?

Netbase is a heavyweight social listening and insights tool. It has a great amount of capabilities in the way it pulls in data points and also great ways to analyze / filter data. It is fairly easy to use and offers a treasure trove of valuable actionable insights.

I like how easy I can manipulate my data points. The filters function is great and I can personalize my data the way I like.

We used Netbase for a recent pitch and it generated valuable social conversation insight that fueled creative thinking and ideas. Being able to screenshot and show individual tweets or social posts were quite powerful being used in pitch decks and presentations.

What do you dislike?

There is a little learning curve when it comes to first using Netbase, however after a few training sessions and collaborations with the Netbase team, I can confidently use the tool. I might also suggest a more modern and sleek interface - other than that, it's a great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Netbase is great once you get the hang of it. I would experiment with different keywords, what your data needs are and how you can use Netbase to deliver on this.

We primarily use Netbase to gain insight from social conversation to stimulate creative thinking and ideas. This included pitches, current clients, briefs, campaign launches and other ad-hoc social listening tasks.

Gavin J.

"Netbase is central in our share of culture process "

What do you like best?

The practical reality is that doing in-depth fieldwork is time consuming and expensive. NetBase allows us to formulate hypotheses, expanding our ethnographic work, and track changes in brand perception through time. This helps us uncover really meaningful insights and ensure that our creative work is smart, not just clever.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike about NetBase. The biggest struggle is simply getting to know all of the functionality and remembering to sue it to its greatest potential.

This is twofold. First, we are typically trying to determine what is the best way to reach an audience in a way that will create a deep connection with a brand. So the information we get helps inspire and inform campaigns, from tone and feel to the "big idea". Second, it allows our teams to align client KPIs with real-life problems customers have.

Stephanie S.

"State-of-the-art tool drives business insights"

What do you like best?

The best thing about NetBase is being able to get real-time insights to help inform business decisions. It's like a giant focus group right at your fingertips at all times of the day. With NetBase, you have the ability to get high-level information or drill down into details, which is helpful based on the audience you are sharing information with.

What do you dislike?

This is a plus, but there are always site updates. It would be helpful to receive notices of these more often.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It really is the best online listening tool our agency reviewed.

From an agency standpoint, NetBase has made an impact both internally and externally. We use it in various ways for our B2B clients and it truly is a game-changer from a new business standpoint.

Rachel W.

"Netbase Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize the exact data set and the UI and UX of doing so. Some programs I’ve used required Boolean strings which were not sustainable in creating very specific data campaigns.

What do you dislike?

No page numbers in the stream! We actually read the stream for verbatim conversations and want to be able to mark where we are in reading.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider whether you just want to monitor social media or actually analyze data. It is created for the first and excellent at it, but the second needs manipulating.

Obtaining unique and different data than typical market research methods. We find it to be more organic and honest. It also is able to go back long enough that we can show trends to our clients.

Gilbert S.

"Most complete Social Analytics tool out there!"

What do you like best?

I am impressed by the data quality, completeness of the data and of course the great customer support of Netbase. We have compared many different social media data providers. Netbase came out on top of the list because of these elements. I also really appreciate how the customer support team (Jackie and Marianne) thinks along about finding a suitable solution to our challenges.

What do you dislike?

This is not specifically related to Netbase, but to the social tools in general. Social media channels give less and less information that we are allowed to use and I understand this, but this makes getting to the insights more challenging. For example, Instagram adds additional and complex steps to retrieve the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please evaluate all the different tools on four elements: data quality, data completeness, and customer support, pricing. I can promise you that Netbase scores best on all these elements

1. We are able to collect data from many different sources in one location.

2. We are able to filter down and clean the Social media data in a relatively fast way.

3. Netbase helped us to shorten the time to deliver insights to our clients.

4. Even the less technically savvy people in our organization are able to use Netbase.

Adrian B.

"A great tool with a good UI and with accurate data"

What do you like best?

The friendly interface that Netbase has plus the quality of its data make it a great tool for any agency or company that wants to work with social data. It also has a good access to the API, which is very useful when working with huge amounts of data. Also provides with a "regular size" export, which works for most of the analyses where you need some data but not so much to be worth going through the APIs (which is more complex of course). Netbase also has a good team that are willing to answer all your questions at almost any time you ask them.

What do you dislike?

It still lacks the sentiment analysis in some minor languages. Besides that and some minor features it's a good product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth it. For me is one of the best tools in the market.

It gives us as an agency the chance to spend less time in each of our clients when it comes to analyse the data. It's also a good tool to make retrospective search, which is very useful in order to make studies like for example market research for some products or to study how other company worked on a determined issue that can also affect your own.

Kristian Hoareau F.

"Best in class analytics on social and web"

What do you like best?

There are two key differentiators for Netbase from competitors for me: 1) the flexibility for both boolean and non-boolean team members to use it, and the pre-set analytics in the analysis windows, and 2) the best-in-class sentiment analysis, particularly the Sentiment Drivers part of the tool

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations with our subscription, or rather that Netbase sells as add-ons vs. available to all subscribers, which can be annoying to not have. The main example here would be Image Recognition analysis, which is an option and the tool is capable of doing, but know some competitors have this as core part of their subscription

There are several problems Netbase helps us solve for clients and common use case benefits:

1) Crisis monitoring and being able to stay on top of a situation in real time and report accurately on it is invaluable

2) Reporting and real measurement for social performance. It gives a great and easy comparative lens to analyse performance not just of Owned vs. Earned content, but also engagements and reach against competitors

3) Insights for new business and client campaigns: Netbase has probably become our number one tool for research and insights across the agency. It is the primary function I use it for on a daily basis, and let's me get stuck deep into conversations happening in a specific sector and arm myself with the knowledge that not only impresses a client or prospect, but also helps us create campaigns that cut through

"Really liking NB so far"

What do you like best?

Ease of use

The amount of data it provides

The visuals and ability to download into shareable files

What do you dislike?

Still trying to figure out why the best way to put together dashboards that I can share out to the broader teams. This isn't a dislike of the platform but just a struggle I am experiencing currently...but working with Kelsee to figure out!

It's helped to provide insights on why sales are up or down during certain weeks, helped me to know the latest trend on how are using our products.

Future state:

1. would like to utilize Netbase to help identify potential consumer segments for our targeted ads campaigns on Amazon

2. to help identify new search terms to bid on on Amazon

3. help with monitoring how consumers are talking about our new product launches and re-branding of Think brand

4. what consumers are saying about our competitions to help with improve our products

5. identify upcoming trends in the sports nutrition industry to help with product innovation

"Powerful tool, industry leader, superior service"

What do you like best?

Netbase is constantly advancing its solution and regularly incorporating new features within its roadmap based on customer feedback. The topics, themes and dashboards are extremely customizable and there isn't a widget Netbase missed. Our name is fairly generic which has it's challenges when setting up monitoring but the fine tuner has saved us on many occasions and has helped us filter out irrelevant topics.

What do you dislike?

I only wish we had a dedicated FTE that can maximize the benefits of the solution. With how rapidly the industry changes, it is challenging keeping up with new roll-outs and finding use cases to incorporate within the program.

There is certainly a learning curve with this tool and it takes time to reap the benefits. Practice makes perfect.

We primarily use Netbase to monitor our overall brand, competitor insights and media relations. Netbase is a powerful solution that has helped us identify key conversations taking place within our industry. The real-time streams and notifications have helped us stay relevant and react quickly.

Dalton L.

"NetBase Review - Coca-Cola "

What do you like best?

I like the ability that NetBase provides when doing an in-depth analysis.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I can think of that I dislike about the platform, to be honest. I much prefer it to other social media listening platforms that I have used - Sysomos and Crimson Hexagon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You shouldn't consider any other platform. You should also make sure that you fully understand how to utilize the many amazing features that NetBase provides to segment and filter conversations - i.e. themes, key terms, post type, etc...

I use NetBase to provide public insight to help with overall marketing efforts at The Coca-Cola Company. I specifically use it for PR and digital issues management.

I
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Portfolio Analyst "

What do you like best?

Like the ease of use within the tool to look into unique topic ideas.

Compare net sentiment across brands.

Leverage theme ideas to better guide our leadership with future ideas.

Can identify real time opportunities to utilize for trending topics

Compare real time net sentiment

Compare real time mentions

Compare real time posts

Compare real time trending

Can create alerts and the activate on them

What do you dislike?

Nothing its Amazing, this tool has it all and more.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Netbase is a one stop shop for all the needs of social! No other product comes close and will not. This is the one tool that listens to its user and makes real time updates that help leverage business ideas for brands!

Net sentiment

Competitive brand comparison

Theme creation to identify business objective across brands and competitors

Compare net sentiment across brands.

Leverage theme ideas to better guide our leadership with future ideas.

Can identify real time opportunities to utilize for trending topics

Compare real time net sentiment

Compare real time mentions

Compare real time posts

Compare real time trending

Can create alerts and the activate on them

Like the ease of use within the tool to look into unique topic ideas.

Helping pull data faster

Helping create reports by downloading pdf's

Being able to screen shot various graphs to help explain easier to our clients.

The help link has been great to help brand leaders understand logic.

"Fantastic tool!"

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly the interface is as well as the ability to create custom audiences. Having the ability to slice data into so many different segments based on location, demographics, time period, etc, helps us make truly actionable analysis and recommendations.

What do you dislike?

I don't usually have any issues unless the platform goes down or there is a lag in updating changes to APIs.

We do social listening and strategic planning for brands and having the ability to look at historical data has huge benefits in how we plan to activate against our audiences. We also are able to use it for real-time monitoring and have in the past been able to jump onto Twitter trends or moments more quickly than other brands of our size due to our ability to know what is surfacing within audiences such as teens that may be privy to trends quicker than other audiences.

Will P.

"Before NetBase, I was alone and naked in a cold, dark forest of nothingness. "

What do you like best?

I've been using Netbase for 4+ years now, and I honestly don't know how I constructed Content Marketing programs before discovering the tool. While intuition and basic "gut feelings" actually have lead me to creating award-winning campaigns for my clients, across multiple agencies, it wasn't until NetBase and the comprehensive suite of data & insights that I truly transformed my approaches from reactive/standard to proactive/forward-thinking.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes do dislike to lag time in creating new topics with a broad(er) firehose approach, as well as the fact that agencies are allowed only one seat per account (outside of analyst and business seats). At a larger agency, and while trying to prove the efficacy of NetBase to teams not familiar with the platform, it's important that more people have access.

See above. We use NetBase to actively listen in on conversations pertaining to client, as well as engaging in those via robust content marketing programs aimed to answer questions before social media users are able to ask them.

"Great tool that helps you keep a pulse on what's happening in the world of social"

What do you like best?

I really like the functionality of setting up searches and having the choice between using boolean and keywords, depending on how specific of a search I am conducting. Netbase helps our team keep a pulse on what people are saying about any given topic and is super helpful when we need to dig in and get smart quick for pitches or permanent accounts.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I dislike is the interface, it could definitely use an update. Also, I wish that there was a spot within Netbase that pulled in the trending topics across all social platforms, this would be super helpful to use in many of our daily activities as one of the most important things in social is relevance! I also wish that Netbase had more control over pulling in social content from platforms like Instagram (ie, hashtags) for quantification. I find myself having to use the app itself for these types of inquiries.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using Netbase to get a read on what people are talking about in the social space, it is really helpful and helps you to quantify sizes of the conversation.

Netbase is really helpful to prove out hypothesis in the social space. This is great when pitching new business and it helps us understand the landscape of how people are feeling and what their saying about any given topic or brand.

UF

"Great Interface and data quality / thematic analysis capabilities, questionable stability in the UK"

What do you like best?

The amount of different visualizations available and the reliability of automated net sentiment scoring, it saves so much time not having to manually check everything, all down to the variety and complexity of Boolean operators to hand

What do you dislike?

Audience 3D capabilities are very limited in that when you create an audience, the defining metrics can only be AND not OR which limits how complex a sample you can build. Also, being a UK based customer we find the service drops and crashes quite regularly , which can be frustrating when you're deep in the zone mid project

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure you train yourself up early on- the Boolean complexity (which is great!) take a while to get your head around, and definitely make use of Net base 360 help portal, it's invaluable during the set-up phase when you're getting used to the tool

Brand Health tracking

Segmenting social data by our customer segmentation methodology

Campaign tracking

Risk triggers/alerts

"Amazing Customer Service, Fast Insights"

What do you like best?

I've used many social listening tools, but NetBase has been by far one of the most intuitive and exemplary solutions. We are able to quickly build queries in Boolean or assisted format and quickly dive into conversation insights. The customer service is AMAZING!

What do you dislike?

This tool is best suited to find audience and conversation insights but needs a little more work on the measurement piece. Nonetheless, I have truly enjoyed using this great tool!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask a lot of questions at the beginning of your process and make sure you have a specific objective for the social listening tool you're looking for.

We utilize NetBase to better understand consumer social media conversation across various clients. We have multiple users within the same department, but the information gets shared with many departments in our organization. It helps us inform social and content strategies, as well as, reporting for social campaigns for our social clients.

"So comprehensive it's complicated."

What do you like best?

The potential of this tool is amazing, and we really wish we could use it completely. The ability to compare share of voice and dial down to the topic of discussion is great. The Ability to pull the data itself if great too - we just are never 100% sure the data we are reporting is accurate.

What do you dislike?

Our team has a very hard time trusting the data we receive. The most frustrating part about this tool is the ability to receive help. There is no number to call and talk through a simple question. It all has to be submitted to the support team or we have to call our rep who has repeatedly mentioned he is no expert in the tool. Our team also dislikes the necessity to purchase support hours. We spent all our hours setting up our topic, so that when we had issues and questions/needed to make edits to this, the team was unable to help because we were out of hours. We had to follow guides sent in emails from support which were very robust and sometimes confusing to follow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look for another tool unless you have a very unique company name.

This tool is not solving any problems for us. It is actually causing us to not be able to report effectively.

AE
Agency in Entertainment

"I love this platform"

What do you like best?

I love the amount of data this platform provides, as well as the ability to segment data so easily with its topic and theme set up. I also think its audience monitoring, segmentation and insights are incredibly valuable.

What do you dislike?

There are very few things I dislike about this platform. I have recommended it to many people due to its robust nature. I would say probably the price point, as it's quiet pricey for smaller agencies or teams.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Something that I like about Netbase is that they will incorporate your ideas into the platform on an ongoing basis. If you have a use case or are interested in a certain product, they can add it to their platform and have done so for us.

It's incredibly useful for real-time issues monitoring through its alerting system. We have also found it to be useful in long terms strategic reports.

Jenna Manula L.

"Fantastic Social Listening Tool"

What do you like best?

Social media strategy should be rooted in data and insights and through NetBase, my clients can monitor all public conversations of their brand online. Social conversations extend beyond the social networks and it's crucial to have a holistic understanding of how your brand is being perceived within the marketplace.

What do you dislike?

There are so many ways to analyze data that it can overwhelming (at first) when you are getting started with using NetBase. However, once you complete the training program and set up a handful of dashboards, the platform becomes a lot less intimidating.

My agency utilizes NetBase in four ways:

1. To assess industry trends and the competitive landscape

2. To craft content strategies for our clients

3. To identity brand ambassadors and vet influencer collaborations

4. To measure increases in share of voice and brand passion when media is in market

Danielle S.

"Best Social Listening Partner!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that the platform provides you with in-depth insights that can greatly impact your business. Additionally, you're not only getting a great product, but you're getting a phenomenal support team that is there to help you meet your business goals.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything at this point. We have loved using this product!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into the resources that netbase provdes for you!

We're able to view category insights which gives a look into what general consumer trends are happening in the space. This gives our category teams a look into what conversations are happening from a social perspective.

"Brand Strategist "

What do you like best?

I like the sentiment information and the bio terms/interests you can glean in the demographics section. It is a helpful platform to mention as part of our tool kit during new business meetings.

What do you dislike?

Firehose data availability.

Difficulty filtering certain topics. It is difficult to make any important decisions based off of social data....but that's not necessarily a Netbase problem.

We also use Sprinklr and often get very different results.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is a learning curve and it will take you a while to understand how to use the tool and how to find the data you are looking for.

The support team is great and really responsive so you will have help along the way.

Netbase is great for ad hoc and new business related research.

Often times it isd difficult to gain consumer segment and sometimes Netbase can help shed light on that.

William-Evan W.

"Amazing data-heavy tool delivers valuable insights."

What do you like best?

The sheer volume of comments, mentions, metrics, and data that is pulled by the tool. The ability to zero in on conversations across the web and pull in millions of mentions is staggering. Very valuable data at your fingertips!

What do you dislike?

Could use more ease of access to Instagram and Facebook data for Agencies. Not all Netbase clients are going to be in-house brand marketers with full administrative credentials to all social channels. A bit more focus on Agency clients, with the ability to pull data without registering Instagram profiles would be nice.

Understanding our audiences as a means to improve creative ideation and pitches. Heavy use of social analytics for advertising campaign reports and wrap-ups. Use of social analytics to determine the value delivered by and derived from campaigns.

Inhwa O.

"Netbase is the best-in-class social listening tool I've used "

What do you like best?

They provide so many different ways in which you can analyze the data. As long as you have in-depth training of what the tool provides the power to uncover rich insights is at your fingertips. I like the unlimited number of topics and themes and how you can get creative with them. Love how you can create an authors-based theme to gain deeper insights into their behaviors outside of your brand space.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything in particular that I dislike but one thing I wish that social listening tools can do is categorizing completely unstructured data into similar content and topics (like Quid). Most social listening tools are a query-based set up, so if you miss a keyword there's potential you might miss something.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend.

Audience focused behaviors, their passion points, and interests are key things we try to gain deeper understanding in. Once you have certain topics/themes you like to analyze this helps us to understand the different nuances and to be able to quantify them.

Learn more about NetBase

NetBase Videos

Learning about NetBase?

* We monitor all NetBase reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.