Mintel Reviews & Product Details

Mintel Overview

What is Mintel?

A range of research and insight services available on demand, online. Designed to help you grow your business.

Mintel Details

Location
Already have Mintel?
GF
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I was working on an in store bakery category business plan. I found great statistics on where the cstegory was headed and trends within the industry. I was able to use multiple graphs and data visualization tools to illustrate in the presentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love visuals! I'm big on visuals and mintel does an excellent job on showing the data in creative and illustrative ways. This allowed my presentations to look on point and creative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the articles are too specific and focus too indepth on the category. The articles they have are great but not if you're looking for a niche category. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to get more indept research and statistics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ecommerce Specialist
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Fashion market statistics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

True facts and data. I like the data from consumer segments, category groups, mintel market size. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the website can have a outdated ux design Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Be specific in your search. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to understand market insights in order to create my own business. I have realized that this platform will allow me to target the right customer segments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GM
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I used Mintel several times while consulting companies as part of a student-run ad agency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The reports covered a large variety of topics that gave my research team insights to further explore within target markets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Mintel is a great way to start discovering insights, but understandably lacks depth for specific target markets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mintel helped us to see how mass majority customers were responding to specific health benefits within the food and drink industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TM
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I was able to help complete marketing research objectives through the use of Mintel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The easy user interface helped me learn as a young professional learning within the space of marcom tech. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes to learn new ways to use it past the normal basic level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to recommend a switch on marketing strategy for a client of ours reaching a millennial audience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Research about target market in the location where the brand I was working with was trying to open their business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to find the reliable resources that are up to date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It could be a little more user friendly visually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am learning about the competitive profile, market profile and target market for my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I am constantly research different projects for ad pitches and presentations. Mintel provides great reports and infographics as well as trends that I can easily put into my decks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The information is easy to understand and if I ever have trouble finding something, our representative is so helpful and quick to respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can take a while to weed through all the information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advertising strategy, looking for insights, trends and target information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Mintel has in-depth case studies and proprietary reports for every industry. It's a must have resource for anyone in research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Mintel has case-studies and reports that span across all industries and categories to assist in research gathering Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing to dislike about Mintel is that sometimes reports do not get updated annually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PF
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Helped me research different demographic data relative to a hypothetical advetising campaign where we wanted to ensure our target market was accessible and already showing signs of interest in our product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to pull up all of the data immediatley and not have to read for hours and waste time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the navigation/choosing certain criteria was easier or more diverse. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Try it out! It’s easy to even test some criteria od things you’re just interested/curious about Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Mintel is a rich database equipped with a huge and competent foundings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Friendly interface, easy navigation and huge library Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Prices and outdated information about specific subjects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We wanted to be able to demonstrate our knowledge of the market trends in the beauty category to a potential advertiser. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The comprehensive reporting of all aspects of the industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more demographics to cut the data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you need to become experts in a category to prepare for meetings and presentations, then Mintel is a great service to subscribe to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

For a client looking at launching a new product, I had to get information about - shopping trends, the extent to which appliances are used in modern homes in America, which ethnicity/class of people purchase kitchen appliances the most, etc. All the research was used to identify the scope of modern kitchen, new appliances and the kind of households that would make such purchases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the wide variety of articles and research. I also like the fact there is information on even niche topics which one would imagine is hard to find. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the search was more linear. The software is not exactly intuitive, having said that a little bit of poking around can easily help one understand and use Mintel for their research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I believe it is going to be a good investment as it provides insights into the ongoing market trends and can really help you shape your business decisions accordingly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I use this service to keep up with today's packaging trends in the consumer goods market. I have only been using it for a couple of months so I cannot speak much to the outcome, but the initial on boarding service has been fantastic. Very responsive and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The customer service has been great so far. Our rep has worked with us one on one to setup email notifications and tailor our Mintel experience to what we want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have only played around on the website a handful of times, but it is not the most intuitive interface I have worked on. I think it will take a little practice to be able to use it by myself efficiently and effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

targeted customers profile and overall trend on a certain industry or subcategory Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Rich, board aspects of information and latest date Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hard to locate the exactly information you need Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Summarize all key findings and do a monthly share within the team Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Manager
What do you like best?

I was able to find several companies to prospect into based on their direct mail and email marketing efforts. It is easy to use and our account manager is always available if we need anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We only have access to 80 K panelists vs. several million, so we do not have access to all data available. But, our account manager is always willing to help us with search the whole database. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were trying to find companies who send the most direct mail or emails pertaining to New Mover programs. We also use it for competitive intelligence to present to our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

My favorite part about this website is how easy it is to find reports on categories (specifically food & drink). I work for a plastic packaging company and we are constantly looking up reports for various categories. I also like how you can look up specific companies if you need information about them. The industry reports on the website are always extremely thorough and filled with useful information. When doing category overviews, I get almost all of my information from Mintel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about the website is that it can be confusing to navigate at times. There have been times when I have been looking for specific information (such as information related to market size) and I cannot find it. There are also some problems occasionally when downloading their information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you're looking for a database that has up-to-date information and industry reports, Mintel is the website for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am part of the business intelligence team where I work and so we are constantly getting information requests from other departments. We use Mintel to find data that the other departments are looking for. This is a huge benefit to our company because we can learn more about the market segments that we have products in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I use mintel reports to track trends in fields related to clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being able to search specific topics and seeing a quick overview as well as in depth trends. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to search specific brands. I wish there were more reports done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PM
What do you like best?

It saves a ton of time reading. They've managed to capture where an industry has come from, where it is now, and where it's going in short easy copy. As a planner in advertising this is crucial anytime a new brand crosses my desk and I need to understand the context quick. Essential information and tons of time saved. The research they've done with consumers is directional, but has come in handy more than once when sharing the context with clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I go there for a report and it's not there or is coming out soon - but I need it now. I know it's subscription based on whatever my employer has agreed to but I am annoyed at times when the perfect report is available but I can't access it. It's none of MINTEL's fault but it is a negative. I almost wish there was a half-report available with a portion of the information available for a smaller cost than the complete report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

try it, and take advantage of the representatives. they have often helped me out when i needed help with something unique. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

What I like best is the ability to quickly search for reports in a large variety of industries and categories. I also like that they usually update their reports every year or at least once every two years. Their monthly newsletter is also helpful in keeping the team up to date with the latest research news. Mintel is a must-have for any research, planning, strategy, or insights team! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have part of the trends reports included in the general Mintel platform, but overall great solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Great research tool for anyone looking for insights in any topic! Its ability to quickly search for reports in a large variety of industries and categories is very helpful.Would highly recommend if you have the budget! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PM
What do you like best?

The format makes it simple to search, read, and get lost in Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price tag could be a bit more affordable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Update more frequently in real time as big events occur (i.e. fashion week, apple launch, snapchat updates, etc..) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to identify key trends by industry and themes for my clients and provide specific examples and POVs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Strategist
Insurance
What do you like best?

I love how in-depth Mintel goes. I'm a relatively new user, but I feel like you can find almost any piece of information you need on this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, so good. No complaints to report on yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use the Mintel product to do competitor analysis and build out marketing strategies for various initiatives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Analyst
What do you like best?

Mintel provides a broad spectrum of reports that are very useful for market research and keeping up on industry trends. I trust the sources cited in Mintel reports, and go to it first when beginning a research project focused around marketing or advertising. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about Mintel. Sometimes the search function isn't as useful as it could be. I often don't find the reports I'm looking for right away and a more detailed search capability would help make this process easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I would highly recommend Mintel for a range of research needs. I trust the sources cited in the reports, and am comfortable sharing information in Mintel reports with clients because I know Mintel is a reputable source in my industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.