Instacart

Instacart (YC S12) is building the best way for people everywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Using your phone or the web, you can order groceries and have them delivered to your door in minutes.

Work for Instacart?

Learning about Instacart?

Instacart Reviews

Showing 18 Instacart reviews
Instacart review by Jens S.
Jens S.

"Get Your Grocery Shopping Done While Working"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Instacart is that you can literally get your grocery shopping done while being at work. As a result, it returns spare time to my busy work day. I mean who really wants to go to the grocery store right after completing a long work day if you can spend some quality time with your family at home instead?

What do you dislike?

In my area, it competes with Amazon Fresh and Google Express with Google Express. While Instacart has reasonable pricing, both competitors are somewhat cheaper. At the moment, my family is mostly using Google Express, but I can easily see that changing once Amazon Fresh fully integrates Whole Foods.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can integrate it into your busy work day, it can help you freeing up some time.

I have personally used Instacart when my wife has asked me to get groceries on a busy work day. Since you can typically specify a 1 hour window, it allows me to either way schedule the delivery along with my arrival at home or during my last hour in the office. It can't be more convenient!

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Instacart
Instacart review by Pavan G.
Pavan G.

"Stay indoors and complete your grocery shopping"

What do you like best?

No matter what the weather is (I am a user from Buffalo,NY, which is known for its harsh winters), Instacart delivers your order at the scheduled time/with minimum delay. The customer service is very responsive and pro-active. The quality of goods up on delivery is extremely good and intact. Order tracking feature is another advantage. The delivery executives are very friendly and wait to ensure that someone receives the order.

What do you dislike?

Not many stores are listed in their app. The delivery charge is bit expensive. Lack of live GPS based tracking making it ambiguous about the exact location of delivery executive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, it is a good option for people having less time and lack of persona transport to consider Instacart for their grocery shopping. However, it is beneficial if order value is large so that best value for the levied delivery charge is obtained.

Being a student without a personal transport, I rely on Instacart for my grocery shopping, which not only saves time but also helps me shop from home without the hassle of facing harsh winter climate of my current city.

What Grocery Delivery solution do you use?

Instacart review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"Instacart Benefits"

What do you like best?

Easy UI and Customer service are great. Easy to use when publishing to consumers. Easy to collect produce and delivery is on team and really hand when on lunch rushes and when you are overwhelm or understaffed.

What do you dislike?

A bit of a process compared to competitors or just normally having someone go and pick up food from the market. It is also a bit pricy compared to normal solutions this going back to the fact that normally someone could go and pick up the produce needed from the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure when you are getting to use to product for your company that you plan out whenever you need resources about an hour before ordering. Try to predict the demand and the

Easy restock when low on produce and the fact that you are able to work and get produce delivered while on a rush is great and very handy.

Instacart review by Daniel V.
Daniel V.

"When you don't have time to shop yourself...Instacart!"

What do you like best?

The ease and convenience that this site offers, especially with our office not having an on-site office manager or administrative assistance that we could have make trips to the store.

What do you dislike?

Almost every time we order, we are unable to locate items on the Instacart site that are able to be seen and shown instock at the same local stores. This results in having to do a "Special Request" for each item, which subsequently the true total when placing the order is not reflected until after the shopping is completed and all the Special Requests are factored in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your delivery driver may not always be the same one from time to time, so be prepared to have to continue to deal with those not being able to properly use Google maps or see the large signs on the front of your building to know where you're located. Exhibit some patience and grace, because this service is worth it.

The business problem that we are solving with Instacart is being able to provide the perks of snacks and drinks for our various offices without having to have a dedicated person from our team go do the shopping at all the offices.

Instacart review by G2 User
G2 User

"Convenient, easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use Instacart. The design is so beautiful and simple, which makes the user interface a breeze. Getting to shop right from my computer or mobile removes all the stress from grocery shopping.

What do you dislike?

I don't love not being able to pick out the produce that I think is best, but that's true for all grocery shopping services. If you're getting pre-packaged goods, there's no better way to go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! It's a great solution to purchasing groceries, especially for big events.

If I need to shop for a big event, I don't have to worry about the huge amount of time it will take to go to the store and load everything into my car. I can get it all done in less than an hour and delivered to where I need it to go. My time is valuable and Instacart helps me manage it effectively!

Instacart review by G2 User in Internet
G2 User in Internet

"Fast & Easy Grocery Delivery"

What do you like best?

Instacart is great for last minute gatherings for large groups. There are a wide variety of shops to choose from and the shoppers are quick and thorough. When you don't have time to make the run yourself, Instacart is a great option that allows you to track the process from shopping to delivery.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I will choose all of my "backup" groceries and will still be contacted to choose backups. This can feel like the shoppers aren't paying attention to or don't have great access to the backups I submit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Each store will have different delivery windows. Mostly you'll want to be doing this with at least 24 hours notice, though many stores offer same day delivery.

Instacart overall saves me a lot of time while event-planning. I can easily choose my items and delivery time and then cross it off my list.

Instacart review by G2 User in Information Technology and Services
G2 User in Information Technology and Services

"Grocery shopping for extra cash"

What do you like best?

Instacart is helpful for people who might have a busy schedule and can’t work a traditional job due to maybe having a child and not being able to or wanting to put there child in daycare.

What do you dislike?

No training for the app before shopping the demo orders for the app doesn’t work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you first start using the Instacart app don’t stress about your shopping time etc you can improve that over time learn to use the app in your first 2-3 batches than work on improving your timing.

Helping people by grocery shopping for them when they can’t go to the store and helping people earn extra income for there household when a traditional job is not the answer.

Instacart review by G2 User in Construction
G2 User in Construction

"Helpful for corporate and residential use!"

What do you like best?

The ease of ordering and constant updates at each step of your order and order fulfillment.

What do you dislike?

That you may not know what is in stock or not in stock and things are replaced last minute/without warning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be aware that some items may not be in stock and may be replaced with a similar item. If you are okay with that, you are good to go!

The ease of ordering office break room supplies without having the Amazon over charge for things like bottled water etc,. and no one has to leave the office and lug the groceries in. Everything is delivered right to our door and we can even choose store brand for certain items and save on that part of business expenses.

Instacart review by Nicole L.
Nicole L.

"My review"

What do you like best?

It's so convenient to use and have everything delivered straight to your door. Especially during weathers like i am currently in, which is extremely cold. It's difficult to make the trip out to the grocery store

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be harder to get more selective products

It has helped me save time because sometimes I just have so much work on my plate that it's difficult for me to find time to go grocery shopping.

Instacart review by G2 User in Hospital & Health Care
G2 User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great grocery delivery for busy people "

What do you like best?

I have a very busy life and the last thing I want to worry about is going grocery shopping. I hate going to the store, lugging things around and loading my car up. This service allows me to collect my thoughts so I get everything on my list in the comfort of my own home or office and the groceries come straight to my door with no hassle.

What do you dislike?

The first time I ordered the site froze and I had to redo my entire order. Otherwise I have been happy with the service. I can't wait for more stores to get on board with this option!

I'm not having to take the valuable time out of my day to go and shop for inventory and groceries. This allows me to get more work done and thus enables our practice to run more smoothly.

Instacart review by G2 User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 User in Marketing and Advertising

"Instacart Customer Service and Flexibility of Website is Very Disappointing"

What do you like best?

The shoppers seem polite and dedicated to providing great service. The customer service team, not so much.

What do you dislike?

Customer service team is unaccommodating. Their website is outdated and unintuitive with too many broken links and circular patterns that lead to no where.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buyers beware. Get their refund / return policy squared away up front. Instacart acts as a go-between between you and a retailer. When things go wrong with the product(s) they deliver, find out who is responsible ahead of time to avoid fingerpointing.

Personal shopping and delivery services.

Instacart review by Kirby H.
Kirby H.

"Premium grocery delivery"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to choose from a huge variety of items, welcome offers, and not having to leave the house or store to receive the groceries!

What do you dislike?

Delivery fees can be pricey depending on which store you choose and distance.

We are solving the issues of time management and not having access to food close by. Great for a day in the office when you are busy.

Instacart review by G2 User in Information Technology and Services
G2 User in Information Technology and Services

"Instacart delivers groceries ."

What do you like best?

Instacart is an online grocery delivery service company that works with local stores to deliver groceries to your door. Instacart costs $7.99 for one-hour delivery or $5.99 for two-hour or more delivery , though the price can increase at particularly busy times

What do you dislike?

Not all areas have Instacart yet. During busy shifts the prices may increase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Instacart delivers groceries from local stores in two hours. Its really helpful to use.

Save Time & Money . Instacart delivers groceries from local stores in two hours at ease of your home.

Instacart review by G2 User in Non-Profit Organization Management
G2 User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Best way to get groceries"

What do you like best?

The ability to place an order from wherever and to receive groceries at home

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the people picking the items don't really care about what they are actually picking and you may end up with horrible quality products

Recommendations to others considering the product

It provides an easy to use delivery option for food and items from grocery stores

For some events, when we don't have time, we can use instacart to get supplies and food that otherwise we won't time for.

Instacart review by G2 User
G2 User

"This is a great way to get into the millenial/Genx market without the overhead"

What do you like best?

This has allowed us to increase our reach particularly with millenials without having to hire the people ourselves. Set up was very easy and turnkey

What do you dislike?

There is room forimprovement with the inventory system. I blame our back end solutions but would prefer a better api.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very turnkey. Which is helpful for selling into senior leadership

We wnated to remain competitvie but tdidn't have the resources to create a delivery or shop in store ourself.

Instacart review by G2 User in Government Administration
G2 User in Government Administration

"Great Experience "

What do you like best?

The ease of use of searching and adding items to cart. The driver was texting me as she was shopping to make sure the product met my needs

What do you dislike?

Limited availability of online items versus what is in store

Recommendations to others considering the product

Leave a good contact number for person the reach you. They correspond well

Ordering and shipping items to another state for a small delivery fee. The fees

Are cheaper than using a floral shop or

Bakery.

Instacart review by G2 User in Food Production
G2 User in Food Production

"Good for extra cash "

What do you like best?

It’s really easy to use. As long as you have a car, you should have no problem.you are able to contact customer if product may be different from what they required.

What do you dislike?

Unlike other apps for side jobs, you are on a “schedule” so you can’t just turn the app on and goad you wish.

N/a

Instacart review by G2 User in Internet
G2 User in Internet

"Excellent Top Notch Service"

What do you like best?

Extremely fast & accurate delivery offering a multitude of ways to save time & money!

What do you dislike?

Better updating on items that are no longer available or in-stock

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended!

Saves time and creates efficiencies by not needing to go out myself!

Learning about Instacart?

* We monitor all Instacart reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.