Prior to working with Hive, our engagement survey approach had been relatively traditional, based on the Best Companies to Work For methodology , and using external, non-customisable tools. We had low traction on our response rates, little room for flexibility on question structure, limited analysis of our findings, and did not have the technology or a single platform to allow colleagues to proactively share their thoughts or suggestions. Outside of the annual survey, we had no way for our people to raise their voices anonymously – something that was a significant cultural barrier to progress at the time.
To help achieve our engagement goals, we needed to smoothly transition away from our existing model and to move to a flexible, innovative, trusted, always-on engagement platform. This would be critical in facilitating the building of brilliant working relationships between teams and individuals across the Partnership. We also knew that this would be a significant enabler in driving our culture forward, as we would be able to consult with our people and gather feedback more easily.
Through Hive we have achieved all this and more. We have successfully implemented a single focal point for engagement – highly flexible and customisable to our needs:
• Our first annual People Survey (2019) via Hive saw us achieve our best ever engagement scores (79%, a 10% improvement vs. the previous year). We
have continued to build on this momentum, with our overall engagement score for 2020 improving to 84%!
• 93% response rate to our 2020 People Survey
• Outstanding eNPS score of +56 in our last People Survey, vs. +26 the previous year – an increase of 115%.
• Excellent uptake on High Fives – over 6700 received since we first launched in October 2018!
• 94 Direct Line messages received since launch in June 2019
It has also seen our work recognised in multiple National Awards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.