4.2 out of 5
Do you work for Hightail?

Hightail Reviews & Product Details

What is Hightail?

OpenText Hightail is the essential creative collaboration application for marketing teams and their creative partners developing compelling visual creative content and looking to speed their time to market. With one place for teams to share, review feedback and approve multimedia files, Hightail streamlines the process and helps teams keep marketing campaigns on schedule. Mobile access and visual previews also make it easy for executive level creative review. Learn more at www.hightail.com.

Hightail Screenshots

Hightail Profile Details

Hightail Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
OpenText
Description
OpenText software applications manage content or unstructured data for large companies, government agencies, and professional service firms. OpenText aims its products at addressing information management requirements, including management of large volumes of content, compliance with regulatory requirements, and mobile and online experience management.
1991

Hightail Reviews

1-50 of 621 total Hightail reviews

Hightail Reviews

1-50 of 621 total Hightail reviews
Hightail review by Gerson P.
Gerson Pino

"Hightail: a safe and very reliable tool."

What do you like best?

One of the things I like about Hightail is that it does not place restrictions on storage capacity. It allows me to send files to an unlimited number of contacts, which undoubtedly makes it a very practical tool. I really like the speed with which it allows me to work.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike almost anything of Hightail. It would only improve the background color. The black for a work area may eventually turn out to be somewhat heavy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company is the one that requires sending large files in large quantities then Hightail is the solution. It is practical, easy to learn to manage and accessible. I highly recommend it.

With Hightail we have been able to send and receive large amounts of documents and files which translates into time and investment, as we do not have to be mobilizing to get the information to our customers and partners.

Hightail review by Veronica H.
Veronica Hernandez

"A very reliable and economical tool"

What do you like best?

Hightail has several features that make it possible to recommend it to any user. It allows me to choose files regardless of their size and share it with an unlimited number of recipients. It also allows you to share files with some users for a specific period of time. Hightail is easy to use and offers a very affordable transfer speed.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about Hightail. At the beginning I had many expectations regarding this software but in a short time we learned how to handle it and until now we have fully fulfilled its functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While other services may be somewhat complex, Hightail is easy to manage. It is easy to use the commands to shorten each action. They are easy to remember and after a little practice, they will be handling this service very well. Its free version is good.

Thanks to Hightail, we have strengthened working relationships in the company where I work. Having the possibility of being able to build collectively is something that is priceless. Hightail is a great ally.

Hightail review by Remigio M.
Asesor de Ventas

"An excellent platform to share files in the cloud."

What do you like best?

One of the highlights of Hightail is its ease of use. It is within the reach of any user. Both the registration process and the configuration process is simple and any user can handle it. Several users can collaborate in the elaboration or edition of a document. The rates are competitive compared to other services of its kind. It allows sending large documents. The loading speed is acceptable.

What do you dislike?

It should improve the customer service. The times that we have had to go to the technical support for some problem that the response has been delayed. Besides that I have no other complaint about Hightail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company needs a service that does not require more training to use it, that is fast and that allows you to have control over your files then Hightail is the answer to your requirement. It has a free version that will allow you to know the operation of this service. Hightail is very good.

Hightail has generated us many benefits in terms of savings of economic resources for the low of its rates, and at the same time it has guaranteed us security over our files. Beyond the physical support we know that in the cloud we have our files in digital and is in good hands with Hightail.

Hightail review by Leonard C.
International Marketing Strategist

"A nice collaboration platform that goes beyond standard file sharing"

What do you like best?

I like that the desktop platform from Hightail has a very well-designed interface, which makes sending files and text communications among users very simple. Hightail displays a timer for how long a file will take to upload, which is great for large uploads. We have the option to compress large files in zipped folders so we can download many files in one. We can easily transport large documents to others remotely.

What do you dislike?

External parties, such as clients, will sometimes get confused with how to download a file. I don't particularly like that you have to create an account to be able to download a file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hightail would be recommended by me for companies that handle large files. It can allow members of your organization to easily access the stored files for later download or immediate viewing.

Along with being able to share and store files of all size online, we can collaborate right within the Hightail platform to communicate edits, suggestions and other information about images, video and other creative files. Hightail provides great security to ensure privacy of our sensitive files. The storage capacity of our account reduces our need for other types of storage and we're able to easily access the files from anywhere. When I don't use Hightail, some video editing projects will often take twice as long to complete compared to when we use Hightail, so that's saying a lot I think.

Hightail review by Taylor W.
Account Executive

"A super productivity that streamlines our collaboration efforts"

What do you like best?

The functionality is quite simple and self-explanatory, for the most part. We can simple drag files into our spaces and start making notes about them in an interactive way. We can draw reference points right inside videos and make edit notes to specific people. As a resource hub, we can manage all of our project files in one place and connect various cloud storage devices for expanded file access. Another thing I like is that we can set specific assignments for people and set deadlines so everyone is clear on who does what and when it should be done.

What do you dislike?

I like what Hightail offers, but I feel that the monthly price we pay should include more advanced features. Though there are ways to integrate other programs, there aren't really enough advanced productivity tools compared to other more open-ended collaboration platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hightail can be a very efficient tool for enhancing your productivity and creative project management. Though it doesn't have as many open-ended collaboration features as some other popular platforms, it can be more effective for creative project management and client communications.

Hightail has worked particularly well for our creative projects in keeping our team members in the loop. We can also allow clients to keep an eye on our progress by allowing them access to customized client spaces. They can also leave feedback, which helps to minimize communications and the number of versions we run through.

Hightail review by Wilfredo P.
Digital Media Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Hightail is the best platform to share files. I recommend it 100%"

What do you like best?

One of the advantages of Hightail is the speed with which I can load my large files. Actually the process is short if we compare it with other similar services. In the same way, it allows me to set an expiration date of the files, which in the future (and for security reasons) is useful if I wish to restrict access to certain information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have had problems accessing the page depending on the browser that is using. I think that with browsers like Mozilla Firefox, the experience has not been very pleasant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although it is not a well-known service, I recommend potential customers to try the basic version. In this way they will become familiar with its interface that is simple. The technical support is very good to clarify doubts regarding operation.

Thanks to Hightail we have been able to transfer, in a practical and fast way, high resolution images as well as large files to institutions located geographically abroad.

Hightail review by Carlos A.
produtor audiovisual

"Hightail is one of the best business cloud services I've had the opportunity to use"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Hightail is that it is a robust platform that has allowed me to collaborate easily with my team in a safe way. Its interface offers the function of drag and drop which makes the work more dynamic. Similarly, the service gives me the opportunity to set passwords individually for the files that I choose to share with other users.

What do you dislike?

Although Hightail offers a free basic service, I think that the creative collaboration platform has a somewhat higher cost compared to other services of this type. Maybe the price is not very competitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hightail offers very interesting plans that offers useful creative tools. In the same way it offers a gartuito plan that I could use from its WEB site as well as a light Lite version that can be downloaded. I recommend that you use this version for your mobile phones. They will not regret it.

Thanks to Hightail our institution has grown in terms of file management and security. It offers many simple tools to use which has allowed us to save resources. I really recommend this service.

Hightail review by Altagracia V.
Docencia
(10,001+ employees)

"Hightail is an effective and very reliable collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

Hightail is a tool accessible to any user because of how easy it is to use. What I like the most is that it allows me to send large documents to my colleagues and teammates. A point in favor is that only by showing my link to other users can they load me automatically.

What do you dislike?

In smartphones its interface is not very intuitive, which I think could be improved. Otherwise I have nothing negative to narrow down about this useful tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Encourage to register as soon as possible to this service. It offers a very good free version that will allow you to soon familiarize yourself with each of its functions. The premium versions are very good and offer competitive prices. It's worth trying Hightail

Undoubtedly, teamwork within our institution has improved. Having the possibility of uploading information to a cloud, feeling safe and also being able to interact with other users in the elaboration of a project is invaluable. There are many benefits that Hightail has given us.

Hightail review by Shannon V.
Principal

"Love the flexibility and convenience of this product. It always come through in the clutch."

What do you like best?

I am able to upload numerous files at the same time in minutes at any time of the day. I use this every year when closing out my client's year-end and sending their necessary financial files to their respective accountants. The data is encrypted and password protected which gives me peace of mind. I also love the low cost yearly plan.

What do you dislike?

I am glad you now have a reasonably priced yearly plan. The monthly option was a little costly as I normally only use the program in January, February and March each year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are concerned about your data being safe and secure and being transmitted correctly, this is the only company I trust. I've been using them for years and have encountered zero problems.

The data encryption and password protection ability is extremely helpful. Allowing me to have peace of mind when sending financial documents. The software is convenient and has fantastic up-time.

Hightail review by Caleb H.
Migration Specialist

"Easy to use, easy to share"

What do you like best?

I like that I can share with anyone and they don't have to have software on their end downloaded so it's easier for them to get going with it. It's also easy to get going. Uploading the file and then sharing via email is all you have to do. The user interface on the user end is really simple to use as well. The other big reason I use Hightail over Dropbox or any other file sharing program is because of the unlimited space. Limitless space is a huge win for us as it gives us and the customer open availability to share whatever size file we need to. Outside of that, we have never had any real issues with uploading or downloading ourselves. It's been and continues to be a great system to use in our small company.

What do you dislike?

I think the guest experience could be improved, sometimes customers don't understand how to upload or download files and that takes more time on my end to explain how it works. When a guest receives an email, there is too much distraction. Clean it up a bit and show them directly how to download a file. That's my biggest issue - trying to get someone to download a file without issue. Sometimes the upload of a file takes a long time too, but that may be an issue on my end with my internet connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I absolutely would!

see above

Hightail review by Paola S.
Senior Media Manager

"A great tool to work in a team."

What do you like best?

The best thing about Hightail is that it offers unlimited storage, which is an advantage when compared to other services in its style. I can synchronize folders with the Express desktop application. When a file is sent, a copy of the download link can be obtained immediately.

What do you dislike?

I think that in browser versions for mobile devices, Hightail has some compatibility issues. Beyond that there is no disadvantage with this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This service is ideal for large and medium-sized companies offering an excellent service at an acceptable cost. The technical support service is very good at the time of a problem. Do not hesitate to subscribe.

Hightail has simplified the way we communicate with our customers. Simply giving them our link can load it immediately. Your price-value relationship is unbeatable. It has allowed us to save resources and have an excellent service like never before.

Hightail review by Mindy I.
Owner

"Useful every day!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to both send and receive files using Hightail. I've even been able to get my clients to use it on their own to send me files (previously having to use "file request" on Dropbox. The fact that it connects to my Dropbox and Google Drive makes things much simpler for me on both the sending and receiving ends.

What do you dislike?

The business version has a lot of great features, many which would be useful to teams that don't have the big budget for the business version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely the way to go if you are looking for an easy way to share large files with others!

I am able to easily receive files from clients without them needing to sign up for additional accounts or make sure they have free space on their end (like with Dropbox).

Hightail review by Daniel Shatzkes CEO  E.
Founder/CEO
Entertainment

"Hightail is super easy to use and works great"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that the express app automatically sends from my email address so people know who its coming from. I also like the ability to send both individual files or folders, as well as password protect the download. You can also put a time limit on the download to make sure that users cannot download your files after a certain amount of time.

What do you dislike?

The last time I had to download the updated app on my mac it was not so intuitive as to where the link for the download was. Other than that, I have yet to find any features that I wish I could find within Hightail. There are other competitors (like WeTransfer) but I still prefer using Hightail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For sending large files that cannot be traditionally attached in emails, Hightail is great. They also have project management and collaboration tools that seem to be great however I have yet to use them. I highly recommend trying out and making use of thee features. If they are as good as the file transfer features, then I'm sure they're fantastic.

I use Hightail to send all of my large files that clients need from me. It's easily accessible, allows me to send a message along with the download link and I can usually get the email out within less than a minute from the moment I've begun the process. I've not yet had a file or folder that Hightail has not been able to send.

Hightail review by Zachary S.
Project Engineer

"Good online service for sending files and storing files online."

What do you like best?

Works great if you need to quickly send files to a colleague. Easy drag and drop features. Also nice knowing your important files are backed up somewhere if you need to access them. Nice to be albe to organize projects.

What do you dislike?

Don't like that you have to create an account in order to use. In order for files to not expire, they must be downloaded within a certain time. I have also had problems finding some files that were uploaded by a coworker without a direct link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using hightail if you are someone who frequently needs to send larger files to people.

I work remotely so hightail is a nice feature to be able to share larger files that can't be sent via email. My co-workers also use hightail and have no problems sending and receiving files. It's be a great feature to be able to create spaces and share those with fellow coworkers to download files. Makes it easy to organize projects.

Hightail review by Jenetta H.

"Hightail is a great way to send large files"

What do you like best?

It's a no problem way to send a large file. You can save your files if you need them later on

What do you dislike?

It doesn't store your files like it used to

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rad before you click. Its a pretty good site and lets you send to one email or a few. It also lets you send a few files at a time. I have been using it for years and it's a really reliable way to send files. One hitch is sometimes you have to be careful how you sign on and you need to look for the correct buttons but once you are in you can save your work to spaces for future forwarding to various people. There is a save box but I still haven't worked out he best way to use. it. All in all though its a good site to send important info.

Getting files faster and better to my clients

Hightail review by Jennie R.
Owner, Producer/Director
(Myself Only)

"Great file sharing that has gotten lost in other features"

What do you like best?

I initially purchased Hightail to send large video files to clients. At the time, it was called YouSendIt. Then they changed to Hightail and added Spaces and folders. Now they are changing again. I still use it for my basic file transfers, and occasionally a client will leave notes for me within the Hightail interface. I think its pretty simple to use and straightforward, which I like. I also like that if I set it up for them, clients can download their files unlimited times as long as I keep the service.

What do you dislike?

Its a good program, but their customer support is really slow to respond and I more often then not feel like I get half an answer and need to email them again and wait a week for a response. Now with them changing formats/names again, I feel like the file transfer part of their service is getting a little lost. I have started using other methods for sharing files, and am not sure I'll continue with Hightail. However, since I have sent so many files to clients, and they sometimes go back to download a project again, I feel somewhat stuck continuing with the service, which is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I still use Hightail, but I have gotten a Dropbox Pro account and find at least for my needs (mostly sharing large files) that it works just as well if not better. However, because Hightail has copies of everything I have ever sent, I will probably keep it at least for now, since clients will still download old projects occasionally and I want them to be able to have that access.

Sending large video files. Biggest benefit - clients have access to download their files over and over again for as long as I keep the service. I can also go back and find/download a file I may have discarded from years past.

Hightail review by Amélie B.
Manager

"Es braucht Verbesserung"

What do you like best?

Was ich an Hightail mag, ist, dass ich Dateien mit so viel Leichtigkeit übertragen kann. Ich mag auch die Sicherheit, die diese Software bietet, denn wir sorgen uns nie darum, dass unsere Dateien verloren gehen oder verloren gehen. Es hilft mir, alles organisiert zu halten und zu verfolgen, wie viele Leute die Dateien heruntergeladen haben, und es lässt mich den Verlauf der hochgeladenen Dateien sehen.

What do you dislike?

Es gibt eine Menge Dinge, die ich an Hightail nicht mag:

-Pricing und begrenzte Features: Ich denke, dass die Preise im Vergleich zu anderen Software wirklich hoch sind. Die kostenlose Version dieser Software hat so viele begrenzte Funktionen, dass es fast unmöglich ist, sie in einem Unternehmen zu verwenden. Ich mag es nicht, dass Sie auch für die Sicherheit des Passworts zahlen müssen, wenn es andere Software gibt, die das tun würde, ohne Ihnen mehr zu zahlen.

-Desktop und mobile Apps: Sie müssen zwei Desktop-Apps herunterladen, um alles von Hightail zu genießen und die mobile App funktioniert gut, aber es hat immer noch einige Grenzen, wie Sie die gespeicherten Dateien nicht sehen können. Außerdem unterstützt die mobile App nicht viele Dateien.

-Design: Ich mag die Farben dieser Software nicht, weil es meiner Meinung nach eine schlechte Kombination ist. Es wird mich nicht fokussieren lassen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ich würde diese Software jedem empfehlen, der einfache Dateien übertragen möchte.

Wir verwenden Hightail, um Dateien an unsere Mitarbeiter und Kunden zu senden, und es war bisher eine großartige Erfahrung.

Hightail review by Jane M.
Senior Accountant

"Opentext Hightail"

What do you like best?

1.One thing that excites me about this software its ability in sending large files.One of the key thing that made us go for Hightail is the ability to send large document.The tool is designed in a way that the large document are compressed thus enabling one to easily upload the files and the people on the received end having a fast and exciting moment in downloading the files.

2.the security features its got is another thing that excites me.It has a wide range of security options thus making one to send file in a secure way and prevent the unwanted individual from accessing the file.This security features include protective passwords,link that are set to expire within a given time and also being able to track the emails.

3.The tool has also a user friendly interface. The interface is designed in such a way that it understands you and easy for individuals to use.

4. Hightail has a nice support team that is always available and timely takes care of your issues.

What do you dislike?

1.At times the mails get lot to the recipient spam box.

2.The links expire within a short time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a high quality tool . If you are looking for a tool that will assist you in sending large document in a secure way and quickly, Hightail has got you covered.

We are using hightail to send large document.It has helped us in sending of this document in a secure way.

Hightail review by Esther W.
Customer Service Representative

"For Large and Safe File Transfer of Files."

What do you like best?

We use Hightail for large transfer of files both within and outside the organization. One thing that made us choose this tool is the ability to transfer the large files easy and fast. It is made in such a way that it is able to compress the large files into small files thus making it easy for individual sending the files to easily upload the files and for the recipients to easily download this files.

Hightail has also a large amount of storage space. This allows us to store all kind of files

With Hightail, one is able to protect his or her files. This by allowing one to have protective file passwords that are only made available to the recipients. It has also quick links that are set to be used within a specific period of time by selected individuals.

The software also allows one to track the files. It shows when the file was received and when it was downloaded. One is also able to see if the file was downloaded by multiple individuals.

What do you dislike?

Files often expire within a very short period forcing us to resend the files. I also hate that at the time the emails get lost in the recipient's spam box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It a high-quality tool, reliable and affordable. I would highly recommend it.

It has helped in sending a large file and also making sure that these files are secured.

Hightail review by Criticos B.
Communication Specialist

"Opentext Hightail Review"

What do you like best?

One thing i like best about Opentext Hightail is the ability to send large files.The ability to compress that large files into a zip folder makes uploading of the files much easier. The people on the receiving end are also able to download the files fast. With this tool i need not worry about sending of large document.

I am also excited by the security features of the tool. The tool has a wide variety of security features that protect the files from landing to the unwanted third party. One of this features is the protective password which are only accessible to the intended recipients.The tool also have link that expire within a certain period of time and are protected in such a way that they cannot be shared to the unwanted third party. The tool also allows one to track the emails from who and when was the file downloaded.

The tool has also a very intuitive and user friendly interface. It is easy for one to use.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to share videos such that it sometime ask one to make a user password and join to be a member.I also hate that the links expire quickly..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hightail is one of the best tool that there is in the market when it comes to sharing of large document in secure way.

Hightail has made it possible for us to share large sizes of document in a secure way.

Hightail review by Chrissy I.
Global Public Affairs Representative
Chemicals
(10,001+ employees)

"Basic, user-friendly way to send large files"

What do you like best?

Hightail is my go-to platform for quickly and easily sharing photo, video, and PowerPoint files with external clients and partners. You can drag files from your desktop, or upload them from various other platforms. You can quickly add email address, subject line and optional message, and you're on your way. Or, if you need data encryption, there are extra steps you can take to ensure your files are secure.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the business upgrade... we paid for it for a while, but didn't see enough benefit for our team's uses to justify the additional fee. Since we aren't sending huge files regularly, the standard version works for us pretty well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to anyone needing a quick and easy way to share files that are too large to send via email. I prefer using Hightail to cloud-sharing, because I think it's more secure, and it's easier for the recipient to download.

Hightail gives our team a secure way to share large files, without having to mail or drop off thumb drives, or resort to other, less secure measures of file sharing. It's reliable and user-friendly so it's a huge productivity win for our team.

Hightail review by Jose Ramon C.
Sales And Marketing Specialist
Retail

"The most useful tool to share your files and documents."

What do you like best?

Without a doubt that everything I can do from my mobile just have to have the App installed and ready, could upload files and have access to them very easily, and is based on the cloud I can enter share from where I am and is something that benefits me work with my Tablet and just have an Internet connection either wireless or data.

What do you dislike?

It usually happens that hightail is prescribed and it is out of the viewing areas, which is corrected soon, it can be annoying for some devices like the iPhone and the iPad, because certain things can not be done these devices are not of my use; but I have proven such disadvantages, however, it works efficiently on my Tablet as well as my work team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used this software for some time, I see that constantly improving has a huge ability to control access to files, it is highly secure, it is very easy to use, I recommend it to SMEs, to agency directors to marketing managers, etc. they will regret it, in general it is a good product that helps data transfers without problems.

Its unlimited storage is a great advantage for my company the file transfer is up to 25 MB is synchronized with the folders of the desktop and is highly secure t offers a password protection, all your files will be protected, which generates confidence in my team.

Hightail review by Aileen Y.
Junior Project Manager
Entertainment

"Great Creative Collaboration Tool"

What do you like best?

Hightail is a great creative collaboration tool because it allows users to share (privately or publicly) and review creative of different formats. The best part of the tool is the ability to leave annotations on specific parts of a piece of creative and the ability to tag users.

What do you dislike?

I'd like the to-do list to be more accessible and notes laid out across each space to be in a clear and concise view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great creative collaboration and sending tool, but not necessarily a replacement for file organization. While I would recommend storing files in a different platform, Hightail allows you to view files and provide feedback in a clean and organized manner. It's great for reviewing things internally, and then switching gears to share things externally -- all while being protected (via passwords, expirations, user limitations, etc). Hightail is also great because it allows you to tag users and assign tasks to them, though I still recommend having those to-dos listed in another platform as they can be overwhelming.

Hightail allows us to view and give feedback on creative in one space and consolidate the notes. It has been beneficial for us because it has increased our productivity time in giving feedback and allowed us to stay organized with notes.

Hightail review by richard l.
Software Programmer

" fantastic product."

What do you like best?

It is amazing to work with this system, I like it because it allows me to share files, get comments and take projects from the concept to its completion. This product makes it easier for colleagues, partners, stakeholders and suppliers to see the work product in one place.

What do you dislike?

So far has not presented any problem, I have no complaints about the product. It's fantastic to work with Hightail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a tool that maintains a high level of security, reliable and highly functional. I do not have to worry about the security of my documents or the slow or non-operational site. This is an incredible work tool, many users feel happy. I recommended it to a friend and I loved the application, now I recommend it to everyone because I know they will love it.

It allows me to send large files to clients and clients send large files to my company. We saved time in uploading the files quickly to Hightail and sending it to the client. I can also send an email to my client with a link to upload the files.

Hightail review by DENIS W.
Quality Assurance Specialist
Market Research

"It Does What It Is Supposed To Do"

What do you like best?

I started using the tool back when it was known as Yousend it as a file transfer solution. Today it has numerous type of services. One thing that excites about the product it has numerous security options. One need not to worry about the file landing in the hands of the unwanted third party given that you can send password which can only be used by the right intended person to access the document.

It is also easy to use. Hightail has made the process of sending file easy and exciting.You do not need to use it via browser you just need to log in the app and send it easily to clients and coworkers.

Organization. With the tool one can organize files in such a way that they make sense. This help one to get and remain organized.

The tool has also a large space in which you can store large files.

With the tool one is able to track the file from when it was received when it was downloaded . This is even to when multiple uses are accessing the file

What do you dislike?

The tool lack advanced customization feature. To and on that the software has also links that expire very quickly and instead of renewing them one to create them .

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one tool that should be on the list of every company. It is reliable, less costly and funtional. It ids good in dealing with large files.

Had made us able to share big files

the tool has made us maintain high level of security in sharing files. this is from creating passwords that give the right to access the document and tracking files.

Hightail review by Catherine T.
Sales Specialist
Airlines/Aviation

"Nice and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I experience the usage of the Hightail platform to ship massive documents to clients and for customers to ship large files to my firm. artwork documents for printing can be extraordinarily huge in length making e mail incompatible for sending. i'm able to add to Hightail and ship in very short time to a customer and they will get an electronic mail with a hyperlink to download. one of the benefits is the consumer can just download without having to populate a shape with all varieties of non-public facts. moreover when I ship a report i will straight away get a replica of the down load link and electronic mail that to others or to the recipient explaining what has been uploaded. any other benefit is that i'm able to e mail my consumer a hyperlink to upload files to me taking the region of getting to preserve my personal ftp web page. The Hightail platform is user friendly for each my workforce and my clients body of workers. i've been using it for years and still see it as a WIN-WIN software program software.

What do you dislike?

Oh handiest one time the file I despatched didn't make it to the recipient. all over again the computer app didn't work. I were given an mistakes message and had to start over typing in the directions inside the text window. I referred to as and i was helped by outstanding customer service and or tech guide. thank you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a virtually clean manner to permit others get admission to documents or ship large files. The high-quality component is that you can set an expiration date if you want to restrict the get right of entry to to the file. I send small files all of the time with a 1-2 day expiration. For big files, the device honestly uploads loopy big documents effectively and in a timely manner. on occasion it takes awhile, but it truly is adequate.

Hightail is my maximum valued enterprise software program ever. i use it day by day to ship massive video and artwork documents and might be difficult-pressed with out it. It has saved the day on numerous occasions and simply keeps getting better with brought capabilities.

Hightail review by Scott B.
Digital designer and marketer
Design

"Love it"

What do you like best?

I love hightail because first, it's free. Without it I would not be able to send HI-RES, huge 30MB+ files to clients and customers. As a company we have sent out our catalogs - which run anywhere from 1GB to 3GB and hightail handles it all. It's also great since it's free, customers can sign up for an account very easily to send files back and forth. It's a very simple process which makes it ideal in the work place.

What do you dislike?

We have some older computers in our office that run on back models of Windows and Apple, and unfrotunately Hightail just updated so you can no longer use the program on any old version of those platforms. Luckily, you can always use the website but there was something great about being able to use the program straight from the desktop.

Able to share a lot more without any headache or fuss to our clients, and doesn't cost us anything. Helps keep us on budget.

Hightail review by Natalia P.
Estagiária e-commerce

"Safe and simple file sharing/team collaboration service with a powerful user interface"

What do you like best?

In my opinion, one of the best things Hightail offers is its wide variety of security features. Knowing that I can save my important documents and files on Hightail and not worry about security issues is a huge thing for me. Also, I love how Hightail simplifies the whole file-syncing process, due to the fact that I use it on diferent platforms. However, my favorite thing about this service is its unlimited storage because I can save everything I use at work and not worry about storage capacity.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things that I dislike about Hightail, but one thing that comes to my mind is its customer support. I've had some minor issues while saving certain types of files and I had a hard time trying to contact Hightail's Customer Support by phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to keep your spaces organized because after you save hundreds of files on Hightail, it can get quite hard to find what you need if these documents aren't organized.

With Hightail I am able to save and share with my coworkers all of the spreadsheets that I use at work so that we are able to continue sharing ideas and debate new comercial strategies even when we are not in the office.

Hightail review by William B.
Senior Manager of Customer Support
Financial Services

"Great for sending files"

What do you like best?

Hightail is a simple software but at the same time offers a lot of features. It's great to send my files to my coworkers or clients and I think it's in a more private way. With Hightail we don't worry about security issues since we know that this software is safe. Also, we can add passwords to the files.

What do you dislike?

I think it has a high price compared to others softwares but it does its job so it's okay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The reason why I recommend this is because I've never had any security issues with it before and it works fine.

We use it to send large files and it is more effective with this software because it's faster, the collaboration is great and better.

Hightail review by Barbara S.
CEO

"Easily and Quickly send Files"

What do you like best?

Hightail is a simple solution to easily send large files to clients that deliver every time. I can get a receipt for delivery and download which has proven valuable time and time again. There is no limit on the storage. They also have a mobile app but I tend to use the desktop version. It's a great collaboration tool to use with teams and for client feedback.

What do you dislike?

I find that their plugins don't always work. It has issues syncing with Outlook. They're customer service is lacking; they really need to step up their game on this. It can be very frustrating at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a simple solution to send large files, try Hightail. They have a free account so you can try their services before you purchase a plan. Their plans are pricey so be sure that you've thoroughly used the free trial to make sure it's going to work for you. Customer service leaves something to be desired.

I used to have issues sending large files through e-mail; clients were always complaining that they never received files. Since switching to Hightail, they deliver 100% of the time with no problems. I really like that I can get a download receipt; I've had a couple of instances where people called and complained that they didn't get a file. I pulled up the receipt and they found the file.

Hightail review by Leonardo B.
Sócio / Designer Gráfico

"Essential software on a daily basis"

What do you like best?

It is an indispensable tool for workflow. The charging is very agile and practical. It does not use my email quota and makes it easy for me to receive files that are heavy by the client.

What do you dislike?

The only negative factor is that you can not close the window during upload. It is common among other sites that offer this type of service. If you make a mistake and close the window, you must start again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using HighTail. I find it essential software on a daily basis for sending heavy files for clients and suppliers.

Communication with the customer and agility in the workflow. I use to send heavy, often finished artwork files to clients and suppliers.

Hightail review by Jim P.
Owner
Media Production

"Should offer more features, like Box or Dropbox"

What do you like best?

For me it serves the purpose of transferring video files to certain clients who will not use Dropbox or Box. This suggests to me that Hightail has better security than Dropbox or Box, but I have not had a problem with either of those.

What do you dislike?

I think Hightail has cloud storage of files, but it's difficult to tell how to use it. There seem to be many other features but they seem difficult to understand. My business is basically a one-man band so I don't think I need the various team features, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The default for file storage expiration is only 7 days. Be sure to extend that if you want the files retained longer.

I need to use Hightail to transfer files to certain clients who will not use Box, etc. So they must feel that Hightail has superior security.

Hightail review by Joseph P.
Chief Technology Officer and Vice President Digital Services

"Eliminate the Hassle of FTP"

What do you like best?

Hightail makes it easy for all of our employees to share large assets beyond our network. Any user, technically inclined or otherwise, can quickly and easily upload files and share them with contacts right from their browser. No client software, no credential or permissions issues, no protocol problems, just drag and drop.

What do you dislike?

We're not using some of the new workflow features, so they add some complexity to the interface without adding value for our team. Hightail is blocked by some corporate clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hightail is hard to beat for the money. Very low cost for unlimited storage. Not constantly having to worry about capacity issues and file expirations is huge. Recipient tracking and notifications are great for peace of mind. We do typically copy the link and send in the body of a personal email rather than sending messages to clients directly through Hightail's interface. This avoids some issues that we experienced early on with some servers spam filtering the notifications or users deleting the messages without realizing they were from us.

We routinely had to assist both internal and external constituents with FTP related issues. We have dramatically reduced dependence on IT for assistance with sending large files. For a small team, that's a big win.

Hightail review by Richard C.
Senior Production Artist

"YouSendIt/Hightail/OpenText"

What do you like best?

"Hightail" is a very reliable, easy to use, large file transfer service. Though at times it may take a few clicks to get to the transfer dialog page, the interface is minimal and makes sense to even first time users.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Hightail is the name changes. My company has a paid account with Hightail and each time the name changes there are questions that arise from our clients and service providers. The most recently announced name change from Hightail to Open Text was made more than a few months ago, yet the name remains Hightail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The transfers are fast. The interface is minimal and makes sense. The service has not failed to date.

Hightail is our preferred method for uploading print and reference files to the printer, client and internal staff all at once.

Hightail review by Mike S.
Mr.

"My favorite software"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

be wary of customer service.

Hightail review by Steve L.
AE