Hightail Reviews & Product Details

Hightail Overview

What is Hightail?

OpenText Hightail is the essential creative collaboration application for marketing teams and their creative partners developing compelling visual creative content and looking to speed their time to market. With one place for teams to share, review feedback and approve multimedia files, Hightail streamlines the process and helps teams keep marketing campaigns on schedule. Mobile access and visual previews also make it easy for executive level creative review. Learn more at www.hightail.com.

Hightail Details

Share files, collect feedback and take your creative projects from concept to completion at www.hightail.com.

Unlike many other providers, data security has been a major focus for Hightail since the service began. We have 10 years of experience in successfully protecting our users’ information from existing and new security risks.

This enterprise-class foundation does not come at the cost of the user experience. Hightail is an intuitively simple product. If you know how to send an email or organize desktop folders, you know how to use Hightail. Plus, Hightail is great for the person with whom you’re sharing files, as, unlike other services, they don’t need to be a user in order to receive them.

Hightail also adapts to how people work by integrating with popular tools like Microsoft Outlook, Salesforce and SharePoint. Rather than tying you in to a new platform, you can use Hightail without changing how you usually work.

OpenText
$287
@OpenText
13,500 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

OpenText software applications manage content or unstructured data for large companies, government agencies, and professional service firms. OpenText aims its products at addressing information management requirements, including management of large volumes of content, compliance with regulatory requirements, and mobile and online experience management.

Hightail Screenshots

Hightail Reviews

Showing 661 Hightail reviews
Already have Hightail?
Analytics Consultant
What do you like best?

With the presence of unique file characteristics and thumbnails, it is very easy to sort and find files. Before the invention of this sending large files was very difficult task. So I would say this is the ideal product for sending large sized files. This is very beneficial tool as its features and functionalities are simple enough even child can easily operate it without major problems. It gives us most suitable and amazing solutions for sharing files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Most of the cases this tool is proved to be highly beneficial for our company as it has all the capabilities for meeting the needs of our organization. The only least thing is that it is quite difficult to find previous downloaded documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It offers very satisfactory technical service as well. It has just made file delivery process like fun. I am sure it will become your favorite tool for exchanging information. It is strongly recommended to people that are going to start their own personal business as it is equipped with all latest and powerful features that is prerequisite for a business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hightail is world's best software. It has brought much convenience in transferring files. It is incredibly easy to use. It has excellent document storage system. It comprises of very interesting management features. The biggest advantage is that it gives us the ability of sending large sized files with very powerful security along with expiration dates. Previewing files is the best feature of this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Systems Engineer
What do you like best?

Hightail makes it super easy for buyers to send their idea strategies for their projects It is a fantastic way to do this. For us, it's a pro style and advertising division that operates in an exceptional manner. We consent to this, therefore the capability to explain to buyers exactly how to send big files is essential. The project we wish to work on may not but have its very own style or maybe advertising function. This's a brand new task for a little start up business which might not have the ability to finish it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some clients are actually full of enthusiasm, intense and fully understand what they want so you it is your job to deliver. And with Hightail it is much more easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very small rate for a storage with no limits. No need to be concerned about capacity or perhaps shelf life. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's tough to find documents which have been downloaded in the past. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of IT
What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Great document storage and management features using Hightail's version of "Spaces" and "Projects". Great ability to send large files with security and expiration dates. Connections to Dropbox, OneDrive, and Google Drive are nice. Email notifications are easy to use and informative. File receipts are useful.

Using it to manage a project is nice. Has approval process functions, assignment of tasks,feedback from users. These are nice features that dropbox and other storage/large file sharing services do not have. It combines a project management (limited scale) with document storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The multitude of features is nice but they try to do too much without diving deep into some functionality. Price is a little high as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Works great as a large format file sharing solution. Has nice document management features. Does not replace cloud storage in my opinion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Works well for sharing large files and tracking receipts. the limited document/project management features are helpful so it does more than simply sharing a Google drive file. I doesn't replace a fully featured document management solution but is useful on a small scale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Hightail
What do you like best?

We can lay graphics and video out in a way that is organized for efficient collaboration. I can sort and find files easily based on thumbnails and other file characteristics. I like that we can add multiple users and comment next to files based on points in a timeline or parts of a graphic. Hightail can handle large files, so it's great for centralizing our file sharing activities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's been really great working with Hightail for all the media files my team has collaborated on. I think most of the layouts have worked fine, but it could be useful to have more layout options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Using Hightail in conjunction with live calls can make for a very efficient collaboration workflow. Just commenting alone might not be enough to push your views across for some people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hightail enables multiple team members to view and comment on media files that we are working on collectively. It helps to cut down on communication errors and having to send messages directly to several different people. We can update everyone at once in the same place online. Everyone can stay updated and check in on comments and file updates at their own convenience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Sales Consultant
What do you like best?

Without a doubt, the greatest advantage offered by Hightail is its functionality, which is so simple that even a child could handle this program without major problems. Its menu and control panel groups all the functions that any company may require to transfer files. Hightail includes previewing the files which allows you to check before downloading if it really is the correct file that I am downloading. This allows us to save time and increase efficiency within our office. In addition, the program allows assigning approval requests to each of the users. In general terms Hightail is a very complete program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have many bad things to say about Hightail. It worked very well for me and the rest of the team is satisfied with this software. It covers the basic needs within the company and is very fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend to potential users and new subscribers the free version of Hightail. Although it does not have all the features of the premium version this will allow you to know and walk through some of its functions which will surely lead you to acquire a more complete version. I highly recommend it because it has worked for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Hightail we have been able to save a few resources by having a service that allows us to send from the comfort of the office documents that we were previously forced to send physically through parcel services. With Hightail we save the shipping money and arrive immediately as soon as it is downloaded to the destination. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Merchandise Manager
Telecommunications
What do you like best?

With Hightail it is easy to send large files with just one click. As it works with a cloud service, which is worth highlighting is very reliable and secure, we can download those large files that we sometimes need in a very practical way. In the office when we need a high resolution video to make a promo or when we need a group of images to make a gigantography it is easy to receive or send it through Hightail. With traditional mail services this is impossible to do. With Hightail I achieve it with just one click. I am satisfied with your technical support service. Just last week there was a problem that was quickly resolved thanks to the assistance of that team of professionals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing negative to say about Hightail. Tofo has flowed in the best way with this software. My satisfaction is total and I thank who recommended me to use this work tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend it. In our company we begin to value and feel the results shortly after we have acquired it. We adapt quickly to this tool due to the simplicity of its interface. You should really try this software to assess what I just told you. I highly recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have saved a lot of time and money because we no longer have to pay for shipping services that generally charge high rates in our country and depending on the distance to travel they can take up to 5 days to reach their destination. With Hightail it is a matter of seconds or minutes to send a specific material depending on the connection speed. The server that Hightail works with is very secure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jefe de marketing
What do you like best?

Hightail is one of my favorite software for sending information, thanks to the fact that it has a wide innovative system that distinguishes them from the older ones, I have been a really good experience, one of the things I liked when I started using this software was that sending files or downloads are really fast and it is not necessary that my internet broadband be so good to make this process so bold, in addition the software also has unlimited storage, it allows me to transfer files of up 25 GB, I have a security system that when entering the software asks me for my personal password to guarantee the security of the files, it also allows me to know when the file sent arrived at the person and it allows me to synchronize folders to the desktop, all these feature make the software a great help for users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software is perfect on computers but on the phone or tablet it does not work properly, I would like this to be one of the improvements that can be made, since it was useful outside the home to be able to send and receive information from the phone,when I tried to use your application cannot be used to resend files previusly sent from the traker application, where previously it could be done in the yousendit application, but Hightail deactivated this functionality because many failures were experienced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I higly recommend this software for its diverse functionalities and great help that it offers to its users, this software allows sending and receiving large files very quickly so that if this process is done in a common mail it takes time instead with higtail is soluction in an instant, it is very easy to use ideal for all types of jobs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Higtail to send and receive files from my clients either from new marketing innovations to receiving files for improvements, it also allows me to send various information to my colleagues and coworkers, greatly helping to save time when it comes to sending and downloading large files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Analyst
What do you like best?

What I value most in Hightail is the fact that it is a very complete and safe program that can be achieved at a really competitive price. With Hightail I can upload large files to the cloud and then access them from anywhere in a very simple way. It has compatibility with files of different types and also allows you to work in a team as each user with their respective access code can access them in a reliable and secure way. Its user interface is intuitive and the learning curve is not very steep. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be positive to improve the appearance of the interface in an upcoming update. I think it's very simple and unattractive. It would be great if it was more aesthetically pleasing. However, the other features of Hightail fully cover our needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool is very useful for any company, so I recommend it widely. Registration is very easy. The free version can be very useful to learn more about the application. It is worth living the experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The best thing about this tool has been that it has allowed us to transfer large files to users who are geographically far from our headquarters. Being a cloud storage service it is easier to transfer files. The adaptation to Hightail took place quickly and without major problems. The initial investment was recovered in a short time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Manager
What do you like best?

First, one of the greatest advantages of Hightail is its simplicity. It really is very easy to use. Both the main menu and the submenus are designed in such a way that it is very easy to show off, even before clicking, what each function is for. Hightail allows you to transfer large files. We generally need to send our team of designers HD images and videos, which is difficult by traditional mail. Hightail supports large files which saves us time, transfer, money and effort. Hightail allows you to send and track files up to 100 Gb, which is enough to say. We are very satisfied in general with the characteristics of this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We are satisfied with the service. I would like it to have more periodic updates and improve its appearance from the aesthetic point of view. A more colorful and pleasant interface design will make the work more enjoyable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it based on my personal experience with this program. It really is a very complete software and that will bring great satisfaction to you and your team. It is very safe, economical and fast. Its interface is simple and adapts to each screen format. You can work from home or your office with this application. Don't think about it anymore and subscribe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thanks to Hightail we now have a service that allows us to send, receive and always have large files at hand. Before we had to hire the shipping agency services to be able to get to our destinations information necessary to assemble audiovisual pieces, advertising material and promotions. Today these files can be sent through Hightail without further complexity. The satisfaction is total with this application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Account Executive
What do you like best?

There are intuitive controls that help to make the usage of Hightail easy for people that don't have experience using traditional design software like video editors and graphic design applications. I like being able to leave notes next to the media we're working on. The project management system is neat and easy to navigate. I can go back and forth between projects smoothly and get notified about messages that are sent to me within the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hightail hasn't had too many things to dislike that I can think of. Sure, it can be bothersome to have to read and react to comments when there's maybe less pressure if I could just more forward as I please, but having the information in Hightail available has been more of a benefit than a hindrance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hightail can be an effective way to allow multiple users to make notes about media changes. There is often confusion that can occur when only communicating changes through calls or emails. Hightail will let everyone get in and make more specific notes that can minimize errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our marketing team has used Hightail to collaborate with clients and associates about graphic designs, documents and video. It's been a smooth way to get people to make annotations about specific parts of the media. Instead of just talking about things over the phone or online video meetings, we can reduce the steps needed to make changes and have less confusion about the changes that need to be made. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Auditor
What do you like best?

Hightail is a tool that is being utilized across all departments in our organization. We are utilizing this tool for large file sharing.

I love that it has a large amount of blood storage where we store the files we are dealing with.

This tool helps us in making sure that our files are well arranged in a way that makes sense for you.

It has made it easy for us to share large files. This is because it is able to compress large files to small zip folders which can be easily uploaded and downloaded.

It has technologies that help protect the files that you are sharing making sure that they don't get in the wrong hands. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The search tool for this tool is slow. More filters are needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hightail is an ideal tool for secure large file transfer. I highly recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hightail is a tool has made it easy for us to share large files securely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Especialista de mercados
What do you like best?

The best thing about Hightail is its simple and manageable interface. It is really very easy to manage this program. The main menu is arranged in such a way that each of the work functions are clearly defined and identified. The program allows assigning approval requests to specific users on specific dates. This is very useful because it allows you to carry out the order in detail. Hightail allows the preview of files without downloading what is very good because it allows to verify before if the file that we are downloading is really correct. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything is going very well with Hightail. I would like you to have more updates that will improve the interface aspect of this program. Although the interface is simple it seems to me that from the aesthetic point of view it is not attractive. I think it is an element to improve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hightail is a very effective solution for those companies that generally need a service that allows them to transfer relatively large files. It is very safe and practical. Operating it is very simple because it has an intuitive interface that makes everything seem easier. It will really be worth a try since success is guaranteed with Hightail at a very low price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thanks to this work tool we have been able to transfer large files that would otherwise have been impossible. Some time ago we had to spend a lot of money on shipping agencies when we needed to send some material to a co-worker who was outside the city. Today the distance is shortened because we have a program that allows us to reach our colleagues any type of large file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager/management
What do you like best?

Hightail is a useful tool that allows the transfer of large files and is available both in its WEB version and for Android mobile devices, which allows us to always have the information we need at hand. It should be noted that this application is also compatible with both video and image file formats. Several users can access these files simultaneously, allowing them to work collaboratively. The program allows you to create folders with custom permissions so that only a group of previously authorized users can access them. Really Hightail is an excellent tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have many negatives to comment on Hightail. I would just like to have more updates that improve the aesthetic aspect of this application to make the experience of working with this program more enjoyable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend it. It is a useful software that can be of great help in any company. It is an idea for those working who need to transfer large files periodically. The savings in shipping services will be remarkable and will do your business finances a favor. It is worth using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thanks to Hightail we have a service that allows us to transfer large files that for another email service would be impossible to send. In addition, as Hightail offers the possibility of working from the cloud, we can collaborate on a document between several users, which enhances teamwork and collective construction. It has really been a good idea to subscribe to this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resource Manager
What do you like best?

1.Security. Hightail provides a platform in which users are able to file in one of the secure ways. It has a wide range of security options such as file protective passwords and file link sharing which help in making sure that your files do not fall in the wrong hands.

2.Storage. Hightail provides us with large storage services in which we are able to store large files. Again its storage services are secure.

3. Sharing. I am excited that I no longer have to be stressed over how king large files will reach to clients. This is because hightailed has a way of comparison this large folder to small zip folders which can easily be uploaded and downloaded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The search feature has always been a mess, it takes a lot of time for one for a file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hightail is great in large file handling, especially for large file transfer. It also helps protect your files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hightail has it easier for us to handle large files.With it we are able to store and share large files in a simple and secure way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

It is super easy to share large files with groups of people Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everyone needs a log in to be able to access it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project work via work from home Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales And Marketing Specialist
Telecommunications
What do you like best?

What stands out about Hightail is the manageability of this software because of its simple interface design. It is really easy to manage each function of this program. Its interface is simple and makes the learning curve not very steep. Hightail allows you to manage all the files from one place, helping to summarize many functions that other softwares are necessary to achieve the same. Each update in Hightail has significantly improved the program. It is compatible with any device with Android system. It can be downloaded from the Play Store. Hightail is an excellent work tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had many problems with Hightail since I use it. Until now the experience has been very good with this application. I would like your interface to look better graphically speaking. It seems to me that it is very simple and does not attract attention. They should add more colors and shapes that make it a bit attractive. Working with a program whose appearance is pleasant motivates the user much more to sit in front of the computer to work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool can be very useful for those users who tend to exchange large files with other users. Services such as Hotmail or Gmail do not allow large files to be sent via email. Hightail if allowed and can send such information in various formats. The time has come for you to try this excellent service that has undoubtedly become an excellent alternative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hightail has become one of the most used work tools for us. It really makes our job easier when transferring large files and managing information from the application. We adapt quickly to this software from the first moment we started using it. It has allowed us to work both from the office and from the palm of our hand because we can work from mobile devices. Hightail has been a great solution for our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Media Specialist
Consumer Goods
What do you like best?

What I like most about Hightail, in addition to the great security and reliability it offers, is the interface of this application. It is intuitive, easy to handle. Since we first contacted Hightail, everything is very simple. Managing files is simple. The program is compatible with a variety of phones and mobile devices which undoubtedly becomes a great advantage. The updates have given Hightail more strength. The price is competitive when compared to other similar applications. The transfer allows large files. In general, the program is very good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The appearance of the interface is not pleasant. I would say it's boring. Customer service is not quick in their responses. Sometimes we need immediacy and unfortunately when we have contacted the technical support friends they have responded to us several days later. It would be positive to improve these aspects in order to have the most satisfied users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program can be very useful for those people

They need a service to transfer large files at a relatively low price. It is easy to register. In addition, it is economical. At first you can sign up for the free version to try out your free version. It is really worth trying this application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hightail is a very powerful work tool that has given us a lot of peace and confidence knowing that it is a very safe and inviolable cloud service that meets all the features that make it a great service. The investment we made was not very high and the profits began to be seen shortly after we subscribed to this program. At this moment we have an application that allows us to transfer large volumes of information with just one click. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Team Manager
Consumer Services
What do you like best?

We love the mobility that is achieved with its drag and drop tool. The work becomes more collaborative, and the access controls to each information cycle are better handled. We like that with its integration with pipPoint we can make comments on presentations, images, and much more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With hightail we could not get an adequate deployment from mobile devices. It is as if the platform is not well optimized to offer the same control in an Android operating system as in that of a desktop computer. It does not have API, nor group chat, and to store documents it must be integrated to a third party service. It also does not offer a virtual conference system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hightail is perfect to streamline the creative processes of any team. It is good for debating publications and decisions in order to improve each campaign completely, and not to focus on a single file. It is also good for the management of customizable brands, and to follow the activity of the group at all times. It is recommended to medium and large companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The feeling of creativity that can be achieved with hightail is very big. The software offers an activity feed in which you can review file updates, content approvals, notes, and much more, completely in real time. The way in which work is delegated to team members has also improved, as assignments can be assigned with detailed deadlines. In this way each task remains highlighted on the rest, until the moment of its completion. Our bottleneck management is more systematized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Journalist
What do you like best?

The best thing about Hightail is being able to upload multiple versions of a project to show the edits that have been made according to client comments. It also makes it easy to collect documents and uploads from remote clients using uploading to a space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface of Hightail is dark and a little difficult to navigate. Sharing persmissions with invited team members is a little bit limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adding time stamps to video comments makes video editing easier for us. Conversing with clients in real time and collecting feedback and comments on our work is easiest with Hightail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Market Manager
What do you like best?

What I like about Hightail is that it allows me to send large files without major problem. It provides a lot of security because it has a very good encryption system. Hightail automates the email notification for each of the recipients which makes it better. I can access the service from any computer with internet access. It is cheap. It is functional. It really has all the features that we may need in an application of this type. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really are not many bad things I can say about Hightail. I would ask that the technical support service be more diligent when answering any question or request. In the same way it would be positive to improve the aesthetic part of the design of the page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give yourself the opportunity to have software like this. It is very useful and practical for any person or company. It has a free version that could help you decide or simply appreciate the benefits of this software. I have always recommended it to my colleagues. Hightail is a great solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Hightail we have in our company a large space in the cloud to share files or simply work in collaboration with other colleagues. We keep excellent communication and all this at a low price. Really the experience with Hightail has been very pleasant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.