Freedcamp Reviews & Product Details

Freedcamp Overview

What is Freedcamp?

The most user-friendly online experience for managing any type of Project. Contains one of the most comprehensive feature sets on the market while allowing you to only install the ones your team really needs. Offers innovative new user interfaces that reduce the amount of time required to stay on top of Projects. Ideal for businesses and freelancers are ready to get organized with ease. Check intro video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oTmkmh88Bc&feature=youtu.be

Freedcamp Details
German, Greek, English, Estonian, French, Hebrew, Croatian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian

Whether you have wedding plans, organizing a camping trip or leading a work project. Working from home or at the office. Freedcamp is in the center of it all.

Freedcamp

Freedcamp Reviews

Showing 82 Freedcamp reviews
Already have Freedcamp?
Liaison Officer
What do you like best?

Appropriate pricing for two users means our small team can work effectively together on projects. The calendar sync functionality (we use Google) is helpful for easily viewing due Freedcamp tasks for day/week and ensuring time is allocated into someone's calendar to action these. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The desktop program isn't as intuitive to use as I would like. There isn't a "back" option, whereas when using the browser based version you can use your browser's inbuilt buttons. I often have to reset back to the home screen or projects list to then navigate elsewhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freedcamp provides our small team with the ability to keep track of long-term goals by breaking them down into projects and then smaller task and subtask lists. We have realised that when inspiration for an idea comes along, we can easily add a nice title and thoughts as a task, and then come back later to move these ideas around to other projects/tasks to ensure ideas are not lost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that we have a flexible management tool that is not completely license based as it has a free tier. For many charities this is super important because we have part time people and volunteers and we could not cover the costs of tools for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of much to be honest - the updates over the last year have really helped and improved the product

perhaps customise the fact that you can only have 3 actions in progress - we have many more than that each Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We have used Basecamp, Trello and Asana in other areas but we have settled on Freedcamp as our core mechanism and we are very happy with it however, it does help to consider how best to customise for what you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Freedcamp to do the following:

- manage team projects

- manage internal team priorities (Senior Leadership Team, Marketing, Technology deployment etc.)

- manage the board in terms of documents, actions and communications

- manage relationships with key suppliers and associated priorities Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

- Space and lots of space to store your files, document your company's processes, and easy to scale no matter how many projects you need to manage at the same time. That's hard to beat on the free tier, when comparing to other tools in the market that always impose a conservative storage limit on their free plans.

- Ease of use. For any type of PM user, novice or expert, Freedcamp isn't hard to understand and get a grasp of how to manage projects, collaborate or simply focus on getting tasks done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UX can be a bit frustrating at times and not the most atractive one. But definitely not a deal breaker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a free PM tool and money is an issue, Freedcamp should be on your shortlist of trials. It's scalable and definitely a contender on paid tiers as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

After an extensive research of PM tools within the free plans, Freedcamp rose naturally as the rational choice to allow me scale easily without the cost burden. It has all the basic need features to manage any type of creative project from start to finish.

To a certain extent, it also became a file repository and internal wiki for everything related to my company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love being able to organize work by groups, which I am using to sort work I perform for each of my clients. Within each group, I can create multiple projects for each client, store documents (including multiple versions of documents), e-mail in documents and important information, track time and prepare invoices - all while having a daily calendar of work that needs to be accomplished on specific deadlines. The File Edit feature is amazing. I work in the legal services industry and tracking versions of documents is incredibly important. File Edit makes is remarkably simple. I have managed to replace my practice management software (which costs $720 a year) and give up my Box subscription (another $120 a year) for a tool that works just as well for less than a tenth of the price. I think the programmers have not only great programming skills but have taken the time to understand how people across different types of work environments work - and accounted for what they need. I'm just very impressed by how I have managed to improve my work process over the last three months by using Freedcamp. A really remarkable tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more reporting options available. For instance, you can't really get a report that shows you a total of hours spent working on all projects by group with a subtotal listed for each project within the group. But that is not really a problem for me. It would just be a nice convenience. Other than this, the tool is absolutely great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the free version first. I did and within a week discovered at least a dozen ways it performed better than tools like Asana or Trello. But you really need to try it to see how it works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a solo practitioner and have found that I have sometimes needed to purchase several annual subscription services to meet my business needs. Annual subscription fees are becoming burdensome. Somehow, Freedcamp has managed to incorporate the most important tools I need into a single tool and made it available at a very reasonable price. But even more important, Freedcamp is a better product than Asana, Podio, Trello and Wrike - all of which I tried and found to be lacking in features. It's really incredible how well they have managed to bring together a complete practice tool so well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There are many options for viewing tasks - as to-do lists, calendars, projects, milestones, kanban, gantt chart, and you can switch between them, and lots of drag and drop function.

It's also very cheap for what it offers, especially because they offer a discount to non-profits and educational institutions (we're both).

Whenever we've needed to contact the company via email they are really quick and I'm always satisfied with the outcome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Slight lag when entering data, although the recent update has made this heaps better.

There's probably some features that we're not using, mostly because I don't know how to and haven't had time to investigate. Any software is like this, and it takes a while to get used to the features that work best for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing a not for profit program with a small team, often remote working. It's a great way to stash the 'things we should do but don't have time just yet' to-do lists and ideas, and in a calendar format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Freedcamp is amazing for organizing projects and tasks. Our staff loves the ability to create tasks by sending an email. We also love the ability to track the time spent on projects because it helps us to calculate our functional expense allocation (nonprofit). You can also tag users in a project to make sure they get an email notification, which is a feature we love and use often! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Two features that I think would improve Freedcamp: 1. The ability to set up a vacation responder. That way users are notified when they assign a task to you, that you will not be able to tend to the project until you return. 2. The ability to assign two people to a task. "Everyone" is an option but sometimes the task just involves two people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1. Project management - our organization includes six chapters and there are a lot of projects!

2. Time management - less time spent organizing and managing projects. That way more time can be spent completing them.

3. Time tracking - It helps us organize our projects and the corresponding time completing them into buckets. Then we can properly report our functional expense allocations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great user interface and design, making the process of managing projects an easy one. I also love that they are constantly evolving and making enhancements to the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind as they check all the boxes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Especially when you compare it to other similar programs, you can clearly see the difference with this platform. From the use of managing tasks and subtasks to project management, it's a quantum leap over these other platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project management on select projects and having a centralized destination for collaboration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

The task lists and subtasks, that can easily be moved around and the timelines/dates that can easily be changed or renewed for the next project year. Striking through the tasks as they are completed is easy and satisfying! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The email reminders sometimes focus on the same tasks, more task variety in the email notification would be nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It provides a platform where each member of the team can review project tasks and be assigned to different staff members, so it makes it easy to delegate. As a non-profit environmental organization, we have a lot of different projects on the go. We have a lot less tasks that are forgotten thanks to freedcamp. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Free for small teams, and slow and adjustable price grow for bigger teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of columns customization in Kanban columns and Milestones in Project Group. User managment is still confusing, specially if you have many users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give a try to Freedcamp. It is an amazing platform and very flexible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I manage about 20 research projects with my group. I can keep tracking many projects at time and be aware of deadlines using google calendar integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We have been using Freedcamp for over a year. The ease of use and ability to collaborate with colleagues (inside and outside the organization) make this tool an essential part of our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love a way to have more categories in Kanban view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can keep on top of an array of projects with our team, assistants, and consultants across the country. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Research Fellow
What do you like best?

Ease of use and integration of all the main requirements for discussions and file sharing in a single location Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Freedcamp Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Freedcamp if you want an easy to use tool for collaboration Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Management of a research project with 10 partners from 7 different countries Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Director
What do you like best?

This app manage to provide the sweet balance between my learning curve in using the app effectively until go up and running, and all the necessary functionalities, without putting my self too much in configuring all the features with it's bells and whistles.

The support alone is a solid and consistent 5 star performance, very prompt and spot-on showing a high level customer and solution oriented team.

Roadmap and active development are heading towards my business needs which means this app is definitely a good long term investment for my team since Freedcamp has been around for quite some time now.

More integrations are coming up as well, but for now, I'm satisfy with how the app being developed for the last 6 months or so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The on-boarding is good but the learning curve a little bit steep the first time I test it. But recently they improved the UI big time, and it surely enhances other users in my team having a much better UX, and support is always within reach anyway. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I've been using lots of Project Management and Team Collaboration Apps such as Trello, Slack, Asana, Bitrix24 and more.

But when I started to use Freedcamp about a year ago, I learn that this app manages to provide the sweet balance between my learning curve in using the app effectively to go up and running, and all the necessary functionalities without putting my self too much in configuring all the features with it's bells and whistles.

Other than that, their support alone is a solid and consistent 5 star performance, very prompt and spot-on showing a high level customer and solution oriented team.

I had a few issues during the set-up but once support came in handy, the rest of the on-boarding process was really smooth.

In a way, it is a mature App, but later-on, I found out that their roadmap is growing continuously to the right direction, based on my team way of working, and also the current business needs dynamic.

This app manages to provide the sweet balance between the learning curve in using the app effectively to go up and running, and all the necessary functionalities without putting my self too much in configuring all the features with the bells and whistles.

Definitely a good Value for Money compared to most similar apps, with all Necessary Features & Advantages for Team Collaboration available, and the company is having a Clear Roadmap & Active Development, combined with a Highly Effective & Prompt Support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Program Coordinator
What do you like best?

The main interface is clean and user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I miss some tools that I need to find in other platforms. I would expect more frequency on upgrades. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking task with different members of my organisation is easier now. Having a common place for discussions, tasks follow up and documents is great and help us achieve objcetives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My organization receives a large amount of projects daily from our customers that is why we have always used project management software Freedcamp has been a wonder what has caught my attention is its platform which provides the user with a comprehensive set of tools and capabilities to manage central projects, manage documents and problems, manage portfolios, reports and monitoring of tasks and times the system also offers many free versions that have unlimited functionality and are as complete as a paid version Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some negatives of Freedcamp which you can only realize when you have time using this software firstly its mobile application which is not as solid as the browser based application, the configuration of the projects can be a bit complicated at the beginning and you need to adapt to the methodologies that this software has, tracking cost until completion is a function that this software practically does not have and I would like to integrate it in an upgrade and to conclude it has a strange prioritization of basic functions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Among the reasons why I would recommend Freedcamp as a platform to manage projects I must mention its price that allows this scope for small and large companies, its level of complexity that is to me seems low and allows users to quickly adapt to the working methodologies that presents Freedcamp, its versatility has been used by thousands of users worldwide and is compatible for iPad and tablets, the truth is that it is a software that provides many facilities to users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In large organizations like the one I belong to we need to use project management software every day because we still measured a lot of work by our customers we started using the free versions of Freedcamp and when we saw how effective and simple it was to use it to manage documents, portfolios, make reports and track tasks and events we decided to stay using this software and actually we have had good results in all this time now our work is much easier and fluid Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to assign tasks to specific people and have feedback on their progress. Also useful is the ability to attach documents to tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Just wish we could attach more than one person to a task sometimes. Could perhaps be circumvented by creating groups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a highly independent but also interdependent media office and this helps with keeping most on the same page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Freedcamp is a platform designed to help users organize and collaborate effectively in the cloud has a vast set of tools and capabilities including core applications such as assignment to team members, scheduling events through a calendar, forums to discuss ideas and time tracking just to mention a few functions, has enough customizable templates, its interface is simple and easy to use, have a technical support whose response time is fast and efficient and finally Freedcamp is an extremely economical software for those companies who want to save on management applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Freedcamp is a modest application that still has many things to improve for example is not an intuitive and automated application requires more fields of customization to better adapt to user needs, does not have enough tools for managing portfolios function that I consider important for all project management software also can not manage ideas, budget and finally it is really difficult to try to track project costs until its completion I must add that this application still has much room for improvement and would fix several points with a good update. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a user of Freedcamp I would recommend it for any company that requires a low tool that allows you to have control of their projects and time also has tools to manage resources and budgets but I think they are insufficient especially for a large company that manages a large number of projects for different customers but for a small company can be useful because it is quite effective in the other points I mentioned, its interface is simple and also its learning curve is extremely low. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been trying Freedcamp in my organization for a considerable time and I can say that it has been quite useful as a complementary tool for the assignment of tasks for the execution of projects and to schedule events in the calendar. Also lately we have been using the discussion forums that it offers within our department since it helps us to make clear points, discuss ideas and raise objectives, things that are important for the successful execution of a project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The easy-to-use interface has made project management seamless for my team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. This is a great program that meets all of my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Streamlined workflow Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Freedcamp's software has many strengths among them I can mention its scheduling and project planning function which offers a task list system that allows us to tag relevant users, comment on the progress of tasks and share project resources such as documents, graphs and charts, the time tracking tools are also quite good you can track individual tasks, it also has an interactive calendar where you can organize in dates the tasks, its duration and priority finally has a very economical price Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Freedcamp's software still has some points to improve the priorities in my opinion are its interface which I consider has an unattractive design and does not host in an organized way all the functions, it does not have enough tutorials to help adopt a simple way the operation of software for this reason I think that the learning curve is high I would like a little more simplicity when working, it is difficult to manage a follow-up of costs until its completion and finally it does not have enough templates to make graphs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend Freedcamp as project management software for any kind of company as my experience using this program has been really positive if what you are looking for is a software with extensive functions and with an economical price Freedcamp is the perfect product I would also recommend it as a tool to work with Gantt charts and kanban boards as it is extremely easy to create and customize them the same way I recommend it to track projects the truth is very useful and effective Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My organization has used Freedcamp for quite some time as project management software since it is quite effective for scheduling and planning projects, one of the frequent uses we give it is also to create Gantt charts and kanban boards which have a methodology that we know very well in my organization another function is time tracking that allows us to visualize the time spent on each task and its completion date all these functions have meant significant progress for us Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ability to track time based on the projects that I'm working on. In Basecamp and other programs there's no way to track time. This is especially important to me since I have part timers who handle some of the client work and I need to track their time in order to bill the client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any strong dislikes for the program. The one feature that I wish it did have is the ability to easily hide older time trackers. They do have a filter, but if you log out and log back in you have to reassign the dates that you want to see. It's a minor inconvenience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Freedcamp is perfect for new business owners since it's easy to understand and use. It is also capable of growing with your business needs as you go choose the higher plans. The ability to have a comprehensive Wiki to share with your team and contractors is a really great feature. I know that I struggled with videos and docs and other information that I'd have to pull from across platforms. Freedcamp simplified that process for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problem of tracking time for projects. It also helps me to have one spot that I can communicate information to the people who are helping me to manage the work. I especially like that you can setup little Wikis or informational spots to record procedures and steps. That saves a lot of time training (and in some cases, retraining) people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

Freedcamp is an innovative online project management platform that allows the user to collaborate in different projects simultaneously, it is a platform in which you can operate for free is very positive from the point of view of the portfolio, has a lot of complements in addition to its applications for IOS and android is a platform under development your project is to become a premium software and its margin of improvement is quite good in it you can make Gantt charts, agile methodology, tracking hours, expenses and resource management among other things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It still needs to go through a path to consolidate itself as a premium platform for project management, the interface especially of the applications for IOS are a little outdated and slow with Freedcamp for example you can not manage a budget or a portfolio as well as you can not track costs until completion and the free version does not have video tutorials to learn how to use the tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Freedcamp for small or medium companies due to its low cost in large companies may not be very useful as it does not have many automated options so it could be problematic especially if you handle a lot of information, I recommend it to make invoices as it is very fast and easy finally I would not recommend the free version to train staff because it has no explanatory tutorials for this activity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My organization has used the free version of Freedcamp to manage tasks, make Gantt charts and also plan some automated tools such as quotes, estimates and billing. The use of Freedcamp has been a test to see if it can be a useful tool for our department and the truth is that the results have been very promising as the platform is extremely easy to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Its interface contains a variety of administrative tools of resources and tools, built by verifiable methods of creation of professional management, formed by active mechanisms of operational follow-up, with skills of collaboration, which distribute rationally the management of the resources of the company by means of its impeccable programming of efficient analytical projection of moldable results, which has numerous lineamientas forjadores of corporate development of projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

An error in its management performance support contains a method tracking problem, where the system fails to comply with the guidelines established to generate an impeccable work affinity, making it more difficult to obtain the best results for the company, so that it is possible to achieve the most favorable work management power for the organization, limiting the formation of a programmatic project guarantee index. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Store and build the progress of your company by having a strong programming with support and collaboration of high-performance business projects, where you can build an effective and verifiable automated management of storage processes, protection and use of resources for the formation and consolidation of professional corporate management in which a full development of the company's operations can be achieved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freedcamp has been useful for my company because of its capacity to create business projects focused on the interpretative management of movements related to the transfer of information for the realization of data channeling processes and programmatic quality follow-up of campaigns and corporate analysis, which have allowed my organization to achieve a healthy proportion of successes and results of great relevance for its operation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The platform provides all tools we need to manage our projects, schedule, meetings, and to keep collaborative work organized Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

An efficient system of mobile notifications would be really useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Probably best option for academic non-profit research teams Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Plan collaborative work, share targets, track progress, schedule meetings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

Freedcamp is easy to use and a game changer for my company. It has amazing use cases and is very logical to use. My team was hesitant when we first started using it but now they would not give it up for anything. On the rare occasion we need help from support, they are professional and efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It is wonderful to use. No issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Effective management of all projects and tasks for the team. We have found fewer miscommunications because of using Freedcamp. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.