Emma

Emma

4.0

Emma’s email marketing platform focuses on segmentation, automation, and an easy-to-use email builder to make it easy for teams of all sizes to leverage their customer data, increase engagement, and drive more revenue from email.

Work for Emma?

Learning about Emma?

Emma Reviews

Ask Emma a Question
Showing 423 Emma reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Emma
Jennifer V.

"Myemma a nonprofit marketing experience review"

What do you like best?

I love how user-friendly the platform is. In addition to how easy it is to use, I really like the templates and webinars they provide. I really like their customer service line, whenever I have a question about how to use the platform someone very nice greets me and answers my questions. I love the automation and the fact that they have a/b content testing available at my level. I wish we had more people on staff to really use the automation and a/b content testing.

What do you dislike?

It's very hard to make changes to existing templates, you're limited in what you can put in an email and unless your html /css savvy you'll have a hard time creating a template that feels uniquely yours. The only real downside is that you have to pay extra to be able to integrate with Salesforce. Which as a nonprofit is really difficult to use. They recently launched their reports page which I think will improve in the years to come ut it's hard to customize right now. I haven't tried A/B content testing and would love to see MyEmma do a nonprofit webinar about a/b content testing tutorial or best practices.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

MyEmma has its limitations but for the nonprofit pacakge, it really does add that extra level of professionalism.

Keeping our participants and supports is super easy with myemma we are able to communicate and create segments to keeps folks interested.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Sara B.

"Overall good experience with Emma for three years"

What do you like best?

I think the best part about Emma is the user-friendly editing tools. It's easy to design a good looking email fit to your organization's brand, and save it as a template for future use. I also like that you can create groups, so your audience can be divided based on different criteria.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could save "brand colors" to edit templates and emails more easily. Because I work with school districts, I have trouble getting my emails through their firewalls. I have issues with my emails going into their junk mail folders with some of my members.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for something that easy to use and lends itself to making really attractive email campaigns, Emma is a great tool for you! It's also pretty affordable, compared to other options I've looked into.

I think Emma has been great for our organization to develop a "brand" image through our mass emails. It also saves time, since I can save templates and use them again later! The analysis tool is also helpful in knowing how many people have been reached by an email, who opened it, and if they clicked on links!

Emily C.

"Emma Email Marketing Review"

What do you like best?

The templates offered are great. Emma makes it really easy to get started, it's a very user friendly software and doesn't require any experience beforehand to master the product. I had never worked in email marketing and do very well with Emma. Staying organized is decent with the way they set up your drafts/sent emails/scheduled emails. They make it easy to find old emails, reference dates and times as well. This is helpful to stay organized and efficient with our emails at Harvard - understanding why something worked or not!

What do you dislike?

Editing and formatting an email is extremely difficult. It's not very user friendly to adjust a picture or text when needed. Formatting paragraphs and finding the right color is very strenuous. When you try to change something it doesn't always change either - it will just stay the same no matter how many times you try to repeat the change!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be patient with the formatting!

We are trying to see how effective our emails are and Emma offers good analytics to look at the basics. We look at the time of the day we send emails out, how many people open them, how many clicks we get, it is helpful to understand why an email may or may not have been effective. We put a lot of work into our emails so we want as many people as possible to see them!

Robert B.

"Email Automation and Insight with Ease"

What do you like best?

Completely included answer for utilizing email to make significant commitment with clients and prospects. B2B Tech organizations don't need to spend important spending dollars on exorbitant contenders; with Emma you get every one of the highlights you have to teach, draw in and convert prompts pipeline. The dashboard recounts the narrative of commitment, the motor has the robotization you have to push leads through your pipe. The formats are innovative so you can make paramount mail and there is an extraordinary asset library to enhance your general methodology and abilities to have viable email battles.

What do you dislike?

Little issue however it doesn't bolster numerous clients signed into a similar crusade in the manner in which that MailChimp did. On the off chance that two clients both sign into a similar battle they could overwrite every others work.

Needs fitting and play with deals movement trackers like Outreach. Could be simpler to run various crusades to various portions.

I would love to see Emma oversee progressively complex information. My heart was broken when I moved to an alternate association and was never again ready to use Emma because of a progressively mind boggling information and specialty unit structure.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's pretty quick. Love the Response area and the breakdowns.

You ought to in any event have a modify the gathering sees that the clients can change to their inclination. To do a portion of these progressions without notice is absurd. Individuals ought to have the choice of seeing things the manner in which we used to, not every person resembles me and I realize a few people like the new changes. There ought to be a sections with First and Last Names inside the gatherings of people. I can't be looking through my bigger gathering of more than 4,000 individuals by email. Additionally, the inquiry bar ought to be made accessible all through the gathering of people classes and not consequently go into the hunt. There are times I reorder a decent email and need to expel a letter since we made them miss and I need to address the old email. I can't do this any longer.

Karl T.

"Decent-Good basic email marketing software with low integrity and customer appreciation"

What do you like best?

Emma provides very aesthetically pleasing emails while being user friendly. This product is competitive with other basic email marketing SAAS products such as Constant Contact and Mail Chimp and wins in many categories against these providers.

What do you dislike?

Trust and integrity. Don't let their sales staff fool you on their upgraded packages. This is a very basic easy to use email service, that's it. Their upgraded packages which claim to add advanced features and automation don't hold a candle to a true email automation SAAS product such as Infusionsoft etc. Their sales account reps make big claims on the capability of the features but when actually using them, the workarounds that you will need to do are tedious. We have been using Emma for many years because of the attractive email layouts and ease of use. When we saw the new upgraded tools and the functionality promised by the sales rep we were very excited. Unfortunately after really diving in, we found that the tools were not capable of effectively executing the processes and automation sequences that we needed. Soon after we signed the upgrade, we relayed the concern of the program not performing as advertised. We were met with a reminder that we signed a one year contract on the upgrade and that we'd have to stick it out. Did I mention that prior to this we were customers for over 5 years? Because of this, we will be cancelling our entire account when the upgraded package expires. It's unfortunate, as we would have continued to be customers for many years to come. It's definitely not worth the price especially if you have need for more advanced features or if you want to do business with a company that appreciates you. I would not recommend doing business with Emma.

Update: As many will notice, an Emma team member responded to my review and left a phone number to call to speak about my Emma experience. I finally decided to give them a call. As it turns out this is their support line and I was on hold for 18 minutes before ending my call. That being said, if you need support as a customer, your experience may be the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are comparing the product to basic email providers like Mail Chimp and Constant contact, it competes and from my experience offers better designs. Looking for automation and other advanced features? Look elsewhere. Looking for a company that values your business and has ethical sales practices, definitely look elsewhere.

Good for basic, quick and attractive email broadcasts.

Hank S.

"Does what it needs to most of the time..."

What do you like best?

- Easy to update and maintain email lists

- Test emails actually look like the original

- Colors are completely customizable

What do you dislike?

- Templates are rigid and can be hard to work with

- Features often glitch

- Images do not upload consistently (sizes are altered, orientation of image changes on its own, etc...)

- The copy/paste feature does not work as stated in the system

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test platforms like Marketo or Constant Contact in conjunction with Emma. You may find that certain platforms have key features or functionality that are crucial to your team and missing from other options.

We needed an email platform that allowed us to stay on brand, reach targeted audiences, and look professional.

Emma has helped us realized these goals, although not always in the most elegant fashion.

Dakota R.

"Easy tool with massive impact"

What do you like best?

Emma’s easy-to-edit templates are a breeze to use and are a great way to start a mass mailing. Plus, their ability to test multiple subject lines (and see the results for which ones lead to the most clicks) makes it certain that your email will get the greatest engagement possible.

What do you dislike?

Emma forces you to choose small, medium, or large photos without an easy way to resize to exact dimensions. (This is due mainly to the fact that all Emma emails are optimized for mobile and desktop). It can be tricky to get the hang of in the beginning when you have a specific “look” you’re going for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend taking a trial and implementing Emma in Phases. Trying to train an entire team at once may be a little overwhelming, but Emma is easy to work with once you know what you’re doing.

Emma has been my go-to tool to ensure that my emails are being utilized. In my field, missed communications result in customers facing financial penalties, so its a huge bonus to have help in creating emails with high engagement. Another massive benefit has been in cost. Emma allows my company to send emails out for $.01 each. Compared to printing and mailing rates, Emma is a huge cost saver.

Hassan S.

"Emma Digital Marketing Tool by HSiddiqui"

What do you like best?

You should in any occasion have an adjust the social affair sees that the customers can change to their tendency. To complete a segment of these movements without notice is odd. People should have the decision of seeing things the way wherein we used to, few out of every odd individual takes after me and I understand a couple of individuals like the new changes. Regardless of the way that the fuse aren't as strong as greater groups, and customer stream isn't astounding, yet only for structure beautiful messages that look incredible on each stage, Emma is the undisputed pioneer.

What do you dislike?

There should be a portions with First and Last Names inside the groups. I can't be glancing through my greater social affair of in excess of 4,000 people by email. Moreover, the interest bar should be made available all through the gathering of observers groupings and not therefore go into the chase. There are times I reorder a better than average email and need to empty a letter since we made them miss and I have to address the old email. I can't do this any more. It's been aggravating that it seems, by all accounts, to be a segment of my requesting to bring something back won't happen. I don't consider everyone, aside from when I open one of my social events,

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The WYSIWYG is really dependable and natural. The rundown the board is anything but difficult to utilize and sending an email to different spectators is clear to the point that there is no conceivable disarray to send to the wrong gatherings. The messages every now and again get sent promptly after hitting send.

For not-for-benefits and little to reasonable size associations, MyEmma is the best, most intuitive email advancing stage around. Their customer organization is excessively unbelievable, and the organization they offer to make groups for you is certainly supported even regardless of the little endeavor! Notwithstanding the way that they are extraordinary to work with, anyway the gathering at Emma are firm aficionados to offering back to the system, something that turns out in their joint efforts in little yet critical ways.

Trista B.

"Reaching our client base with Emma"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use. The ready-to-go templates save me time and brain power. Our clients get a beautiful, professional-looking communication from us. I can integrate and customize the look of my Eventbrite events into my emails with no trouble.

What do you dislike?

I don't like adding contacts to my Audience. I haven't mastered the bulk upload. I just need to take the time to work on the issues I experienced early-on that stem from bad exports from my agency management system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the import / export functionality. Seems like a no-brainer, but my agency management system doesn't export system data into spreadsheets so this was a challenge for me during setup. No fault of Emma.

We wanted our client base to know about all of the services we offer outside of insurance products. With Emma, I can get that information to them in mass or by industry (or Group in Emma).

"Excellent tool!"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent tool for online marketing. Sending e-mails is quick and easy, what I like most is that from my main account I can share different templates to the rest of the team and monitor the campaigns they send.

What do you dislike?

Uploading the database is sometimes a bit complex. I have wasted a lot of time deciphering the format in which I must save the excel files and many times I get error

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this tool for sending bulk mail. It is ideal for teamwork because it allows you to share with all the active accounts you associate and you can also keep track of the campaigns that have been sent. In addition the templates are very easy to edit

We are a company that has many franchises, and our main means of contact with partners is via email. Emma has facilitated the sending of messages, as well as allowing us to track the sending, has a detailed report

Richard S.

"Excellent product"

What do you like best?

Data tracking and metrics. Granular insights into every contact's open/click history. Easy set up of specific, targeted contact groups. Fantastic reporting of metrics. Integrated mobile app.

What do you dislike?

editing content of emails is a little clunky, and the formatting can be a challenge. Lack of a simple "undo" function instead of reverting to previous versions. In app spellcheck difficult to see with color deficiencies in vision.

Tracking of emails sent, content and contact management, assessment, and verification of communication history with individual clients. A great help in determining best practice in our messaging, and in holding students accountable to information received but ignored. Excellent resource for collaborative editing of html rich emails among work group and in staging planned communications on a schedule.

Rose E.

"Great email platform"

What do you like best?

You can see who clicks on your links and exactly what they click on. Also I love seeing what time of day people open up the email. I also like seeing who unsubscribes... I don't like to waste time on people not interested.

What do you dislike?

Creating visual things like new boxes is a bit laborious. It is hard to just drop a line of text, takes a little bit of practice. You definitely need to be a slight bit savy to work with it well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to be ready to learn a little about how to place pictures and change font.

Building clients, getting people to come to my trunk shows. Allows people to schedule appointments with links right there.

Benjamin T.

"Flexibility is a double-edged sword"

What do you like best?

The analytics of user visits, clicks, and interest are a great help. When you have direct information about who is clicking on what, and who are your most avid readers, you can draw conclusions about a dedicated sub-set of your mailing list.

What do you dislike?

Incredibly frustrating editing problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Emma has a great range of in-text editing flexibility, but they haven't worked out the kinks of realizing that flexibility without there being massive drawbacks. Reformatting links and text after copying and pasting is a massive time suck for me. Frequently, Emma will freeze an element, and a whole section must be deleted to clean up the mistake. I was bulleting a list, and the final bullet froze in the bottom of the 'jobs' section of the newsletter. I couldn't even click on the bullet to delete it. I had to copy and paste the whole section to a clean section; except EMMA has poor copy and paste functionality. I had to reformat every single change in text size, boldness, heading...EMMA will be the bane of your existence with piddling errors and trivial formatting issues. But, it will frustrate nonetheless.

We have been able to manage the mailings of our monthly mobility management newsletter, and track which users have clicked on what, and what topics over time have been the most popular.

Kyle M.

"Good Email Marketing Software"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite things about Emma is the recent mailings view that is there when you login in. It gives you a snapshot if important information of your most recent campaign. It also includes all the important info that you use to track your campaign trends (open rate, click rate).

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of ability to edit templates. Sometimes it is easier to just start from scratch with a black template, then you can do whatever you like with it. I also do not like their drag and drop features. It gets difficult putting things where you want them with all the forced boxes and lines that you have to navigate when adding items.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is pretty straightforward, and you just need to play around with it if you have never used it before. It is similar to other email marketing platforms like constant contact and mail chimp.

One problem we are solving with this software is connecting with our customers after they leave our store or website. This keeps our customers engaged with us. This is also being used to drive traffic to our social media websites as well as our website.

Shannon A.

"Game-Changer for our Email Marketing Strategy"

What do you like best?

A/B testing, design help, and ability to see where people are clicking most on an email are just a few of the things Emma can do and it has stepped up our email marketing game tremendously. Their customer support is OUT OF THIS WORLD. We have worked with other platforms and never have ever spoken to a real person and day one of signing up we got to meet our entire team at Emma that will help us strategize and build out a successful year with email marketing - UNBELIEVABLE.

What do you dislike?

Can't group our emails since we work in separate divisions, but we also just started using Emma so we have a lot to learn as far as flow goes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best email marketing platform out there -- No question about it.

Our email lists were not targeted enough so we were missing out on big opportunities to cater to our audience. Emma has completely solved this problem with their groups/segmenting and it's already helping us get more business.

Un-attributed

"Emma is great but always room for growth"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for sending email blasts. The ability to use A/B testing. The platform is intuitive.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to control the mailing lists when connected to the CRM. Need some type of override feature for individual contacts. Could use a few more features on the design elements of an email. Ability to move around images/to place two button on one line. Column use in a small section of the design page and not forced to place on all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a good priced product that's a good fit for small businesses. The support is very good and it's easy for newer marketing people or non-technical communicators to use.

Ease of use to deliver out our messaging. The data tracking is strong within Emma. Easy to use A/B subject testing and love that it's expanded to A/B content testing. The customer service is pretty good.

nancy c.

"Excellent tool for staying in touch"

What do you like best?

One of the best features is seeing who has opened your mail, when they did so, and who did not. It is also interesting to see who ops out.

What do you dislike?

It runs a bit slow for me - always has. I'm finding out that other users are saying the same thing. It likely wouldn't appear so slow if other web-based applications weren't so fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

a really good value for the dollar spent

I don't have to worry about emailing someone twice - the system weeds out duplicates and always compares a new list to those who have opted out so you do not email someone by mistake.

Alejandro E.

"Emma the tool that will allow you to achieve an organized and efficient work. "

What do you like best?

What I like the most about this digital marketing application is destined to give a fast service, a great amount of energy, which is established as one of the best ways of marketing, facilitating the feedback tasks through a series. of notifications.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like at all is with respect to formatting every time you need to cut and paste, you lose all the format of your text and you need a link or adjust the size again, this makes it very cumbersome and subtracts effective time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this tool with a lot of responsibility since I tell you with propriety that it has a first category support, the program is very easy to use and they are improving it with updates every day.

None at the moment, hoping to continue like this.

Un-attributed

"Lacks functionality, no reason to spend on Emma with so many great competitors out there"

What do you like best?

The WYSIWYG is easy to use. It has the basic email marketing functionalities.

What do you dislike?

This platform is quite primitive. I absolutely DO NOT recommend it. I can't wait to switch to something else once our subscription is up.

If you're an absolute beginner to email marketing or not a marketing person but rather someone taking on marketing responsibilities, then it's fine.

Although Emma looks like a promising, professional platform, in reality, it is quite basic, too top-level (no specificity), not fully customizable, etc.

My biggest gripes with Emma are:

- Insights and analytics are quite lacking. Does not go deeper than open, click rates, and opt-outs.

- Out of all email marketing software I have I used, Emma emails are the ones that go into spam most easily.

No, not "promotions" or "unfocused". Spam.

- The available pre-made email templates look very old-school and outdated. Very 2004. There is no marketplace or option to acquire more.

- Thankfully, you can use your own custom HTML email templates, but the interface is a bit funky. Every time you preview your email and hit "back" it returns you to the top of the frame.

- You can't save custom HTML templates and then edit them as a WYSIWYG like in HubSpot or MailChimp.

- Their email templates are NOT fully cross-browser or cross-platform compatible.

- Emma automatically generates mobile versions for their "mobile ready" themes. Other platforms let you make edits to how your mobile and desktop versions will look separately.

- They have a field for custom preview text, but it doesn't work for all email providers.

- Has integrations with very few third-party platforms.

- Automation workflow rules lack some basic functionalities (for example, send THIS given XXYZ open conditions are met)

- Etc.

- Doesn't allow you to personalize Subject Lines or descriptions

- Only A/B testing available is for subject lines

Sending mass emails, seeing if they were opened and clicked on. That's it.

Brian F.

"Building emails takes twice as long as it should"

What do you like best?

Analytics - very good response statistics, lots of detail.

What do you dislike?

Everything else. The interface for building emails is trash. Randomly inserts break tags in text. Changing text color is a fiasco. Very limited options for photo sizes. Code generated by drag-&-drop editor is an absolute mess. No option to create email categories for people to opt out of. Not a good tool for membership-based audience list, where I need to upload an entirely new list every time -- automatic import doesn't provide an option to remove expired members.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop considering it. It shouldn't even be on your list of contenders. Use MailChimp or Constant Contact instead.

This program came to me with a new client. The benefits over the system most of our clients use: better response metrics.

VALENTINA V.

"Marketing eficaz"

What do you like best?

Aplicación de marketing digital destinada a dar un servicio rápido, con una utilidad propia de grandes competidores en el mercado y una eficacia que consigue implantarla como una de las mejores para la gestión de marketing facilitando a su vez las tareas de feedback a través de una serie de notificaciones.

What do you dislike?

Uno de los inconvenientes es que sólo está disponible en inglés. Aunque se puede deducir las mayores partes, se agradecería que dicha herramienta tuviese más idiomas disponibles para poder realizar tareas más rapido.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

La App es muy buena herramienta en comparación con el resto que se dedican a lo mismo.

A través de la App la gestión del marketing en base a correos electrónicos, cumple con una funciòn lógica y constante en la cual todos los datos utilizados para la gestión de éste departamento, destaca por encima de otras herramientas no tan rápidas y con esa agilidad que destaca para la obtención de unos resultados propicios y esperados.

Lovely K.

"Used this software when I have started my career in online marketing "

What do you like best?

I have started this Emma in the early of my career in online marketing. Emma is a basic email marketing software related to Ultra Mailer, MailChimp etc. I normally found nice looking user interface and templates to work with and sending emails to my thousands of clients. This email marketing software is faster enough. Emma is an easy email marketing solution for non technical person. Someone can easily create gorgeous templates and can run a campaign easily.

What do you dislike?

Hard to change the fronts to another fronts. The technical service is not too good enough. Sometimes it seems slower. At last, the price is not so reasonable that's we have switched to other platform. But, this software is enough for basic email marketing solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have included some negative and positive issues in this review. Please first have a look on them. Then, if you are interested you can use it. This is a good software for email marketing.

I have used Emma for email marketing solution in the early in my career that I have started in my running company. I found this software good enough for basic need. Though I have some issues with this software but this software is good enough for the beginners. This is very easy to use Emma to setup and run a campaign for your email marketing.

Un-attributed

"Really enjoy working with Emma"

What do you like best?

Emma is really user friendly and intuitive. The design options are great and the analytics are detailed. We are able to manage our lists very well and send very targeted emails to folks that we know what to receive them. Our client rep is very responsive and helpful whenever we run into a question or roadblock on our account.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the template that we had designed for us can be very touchy. Just requires a bit of trial and error to get the hang of it. I don't love that when you are inactive for a certain period of time it logs you out, this is a security feature I imagine but I often work on an email and then go back to it later and then will have to log in again which is just a bit time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Work with the Emma team to get a template designed, this will help you in creating additional templates that have your brand incorporated well into the email. Also be sure to keep in touch with your rep, they will be the best person to reach out to when you have an issue and so having a good relationship with them is always super helpful.

We see that our customers love our new design with Emma and also tend to interact more. We also are able to keep better track of our email lists and target more effectively.

Patricia M.

"We are mastering email marketing using Emma."

What do you like best?

Emma’a email newsletter templates are easy to use ,and I like how I am able to measure the effect of multiple subject lines for our newsletter campaigns and determine subject lines with the highest impact.

I also appreciate the effectiveness of Professional Services experts at Emma, who have improved our email marketing efforts and campaigns by providing us with customized newsletter designs , helping to effectively analyze campaign results, while giving us access to compelling email contents ,which have all come together to improve our sales conversion.

What do you dislike?

I have reservations about our inability to modify existing newsletter templates on Emma.Also data we save on Emma gets deleted after an eighteen month period,even if we are still active users and this makes very little sense to me.

Emma has enabled us to maintain contact with current and especially former customers by putting us in their sights via our regular newsletters.Ensuring they are well informed and updated on every new products ,promotions and services we have available.

Un-attributed

"EMMA in Higher Education"

What do you like best?

Ease of use in design without a background knowledge in coding. Click and drag and setup a template in minutes.

What do you dislike?

Formatting. Every time you need to cut and paste you lose all of your text formatting and need to hyperlink or adjust sizing all over again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great product and you can see that they are making changes to make it even better. They offer a lot of tutorials but once you start using, its easy to catch on. Uploading audiences and sending e-mails are a breeze, along with scheduling. However, sometimes it does take awhile to send the actual e-mails and get analytics back for larger mailings.

We are able to see how effective certain campaigns are and better locate students in their exact spot in the marketing cycle to help them complete applications or register for orientation, etc.

Patrick G.

"Emma Review"

What do you like best?

Emma have an excellent customer support who are willing and ready to serve you.

It is the best when it comes to email marketing as it delivers results within a short period.

The cost of buying, installation and maintenance of the software is affordable

You can send multiple emails to multiple clients with ease.

What do you dislike?

For all the time that i have used the software (Emma) i cant give and downside to the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes I would recommend the software to everyone who is interest with a cheap alternative of email marketing. The software works smoothly.

Emma is a cloud based email marketing software that works without any flaw. We uses the software to generate and send marketing emails and newsletter to the other world.It works perfectly.

Jalisa L.

"Best email marketing tool!"

What do you like best?

I use Emma at work and I love it. Its super easy to use, lots of great template choices, and I love the analytics, I'm able to see in depth open rate results. A lot of people in my organization use it too so I love the team feature where I can see what everyones sending to stay consistent.

What do you dislike?

Theres not really much I don't like, its a great product. The only downfall is its not free like Mailchimp but I believe its worth it

Helps with consistent brand messaging, easy system for everyone to use, modern templates

Un-attributed

"Recently improved but still has a way to go"

What do you like best?

The functionality is okay. I like the way you can instantly see the statistics on how effective your eblast is and the percentage of your audience that views it. They recently improved some of the problematic features which is good. Previously, you couldn't look at an eblast that you sent without it duplicating it and creating a new one.

What do you dislike?

It is one of the slowest programs I have ever worked on. I spend more time watching the little circle spinning. Not sure why everything takes so long to load. You also can't delete files that you create in error.

It's a little clunky and is limited in its design capabilities.

One problem I would like to see solved is when you want to send out an eblast multiple times. You can only only set up one time. You have to keep duplicating the same eblast and making individual campaigns for every time you want to send it out which is ridiculous. You should be able to check multiple times for one eblast.

We send out all our eblasts through Emma. It's effective in providing an analysis of audience response. You can set up various groups to send to. You can set a time to send out eblasts.

Un-attributed

"Easy to use, create beautiful campaigns."

What do you like best?

Emma is very easy to work in and creates lovely responsive emails. The features I appreciate most are the dynamic content, personalization, and segmentation options. The way that our team uses data doesn't allow us to use this feature, but you can also allow your subscribers to manage their email preferences.

What do you dislike?

Data is only saved for 18 months. Some reporting features aren't very useful, and I usually will extract data to do analysis elsewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you understand how list management in Emma works and plan out what options you want to give your subscribers for preference management before you start using the tool; just set it all up right the first time to save yourself any frustrations later! Especially consider what data integrations you may require and if the platform will serve you in that regard. (When I was hired and started using Emma, the platform was already set up and there are some features and data implications that weren't thought through.)

Emma allows us to quickly build and send successful campaigns, so the primary benefit to us has been less time spent on coding.

Rosse D.

"Emma the best software for easy use."

What do you like best?

Emma is a basic email marketing software that has a nice-looking user interface and templates for working and sending emails to many customers at the same time, it is extremely fast, it is a very easy solution for a non-technical person. Someone can easily create superb templates and can easily run a campaign. Excellent reporting of metrics and something that I really like is the integrated mobile application.

What do you dislike?

It is not easy to control the mailing lists when you are connected to the CRM.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool is recommended because it really does what it says, they offer many tutorials, but once you start using them it becomes very easy for you.

The sending of massive emails is something that already has a solution

Randall N.

"Outdated and Unrealiable"

What do you like best?

With this system, nothing stands out from the competition. It does the bare minimum. Compared to other systems avaible in 2018, it lacks feactures needed in the modern marketing.

What do you dislike?

If you are looking for any system that is up to date and ready to get conversations this not your first choice. Emma is a very simple system and was not built with data in mind. Very hard to manage your contacts and very un-customizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The system is best for simple use cases.

The system was designed to help reach our customers through email to drive conversions and inform them on specials and opportunities.

Mario M.

"How can a company care so much and sell email services? Is it a front for amazing person training?"

What do you like best?

Email marketing built for everyone! Never done any email marketing? Need a solution that will scale as you grow? Email wizard that is tired of complicated systems? If you answered YES to any of these then Emma is a solution that you truly need to consider.

The Emma staff go above and beyond to help their customers realize their goals. They are responsive, innovative, excellent at support and truly invested in the success of their customers.

They have realized that by focusing on the true success of their customers they will be successful as a business. Here are a few of the things that I (and you will) love about Emma: top notch design services, free weekly product trainings, custom integration support, good old fashioned list management/list growth. These things and many moreare all delivered with a smile and "what else can we do to help you" attitude.

If you are considering an email platform that is effective and easy to use. Do yourself and your business a favor and take a good close look at Emma. In a world where digital marketing should be only a catalyst for analog experiences, Emma is a benchmark.

What do you dislike?

some of the dynamic content components are a bit tricky to use as they must live in the email and are not dynamically pulling from a table.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The support is top notch, the program is so easy to use and they are improving it with updates every day.

We use Emma in two very different ways: To communicate with our dealers partners. We provide email templates and integrations into our SalesForce instance that allows our dealer partners (all over North America) to market and communicate with their leads and customers.

Rachel B.

"User Friendly with templates"

What do you like best?

I like that emma saves past email campaigns and templates so that we are able to alter past ones to fit future needs. So many of our emails are timely, or can be used multiple times just in future months so having past emails that we can edit and work off of is great

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are weird glitches with fonts, and I'm not always able to get original formatting to work. Which is when finding an old template works best.

Tracking emails, sending out campaigns, seeing what taglines create action items like opening the emails and clicking on links.

Carrie H.

"Good product ... but not great"

What do you like best?

Email marketing capability; customer service

What do you dislike?

Email design templates are lacking; platform can often be glitchy and slow

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great product for consistent email marketing users, Emma is a solid product with some glitches in the platform. It can often run slow and the email design tool doesn't have some basic functions likes Undo. Over the years, the company has spent a lot of time improving their marketing, but I would love to see them put that same effort into the actual email building tool, which hasn't really changed in the 3+ years I've been using the product. Overall, Emma is a great product, but somewhat lacking as it relates to email marketing giants like MailChimp and Constant Contact.

Emma is a solid email marketing tool that has allowed us to communicate with our audience on a consistent basis.

Keith O.

"Experience with Emma"

What do you like best?

It's relatively easy to use, easy to teach to people who aren't tech-savvy, and the list management is intuitive. Also, it's pretty inexpensive.

What do you dislike?

There are some small UX/design features that I find frustrating. For example, sometimes padding images or breaks can be quite clunky. HTML knowledge is required to do that work. I also don't love the small, medium, large photo constraints. There should either be more options or the ability to customize sizes. Lastly, the saving function doesn't always work.

We use it for external communications, internal communications, and communicating with alumni/friends/VIPs.

James S.

"Intuitive Email Service"

What do you like best?

They just renovated the interface of the platform to be a bit more modern. They supply both an API and a custom form generator for you to choose either for collecting email addresses to feed your newsletter. You can segment your audience for email campaigns, upload excel sheets or CSV sheets of emails to your audiences, and do A B Testing on emails to determine best responses from your audiences.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes setting up the API to integrate with the backend of my wordpress sites with the GravityForms plugin is a bit tedious and finding the API information can be a tad hard to find in the new layout, but these are all things that the average person doesn't have to worry about. Command Z doesn't undo, you have to press the button that says "Revert Back To:" (which has a dropdown of the last autosave states of the email you are building out). The analytics are good, but I feel like there could definitely be more information and suggestive prompts of how to better make an email, or here are what these numbers can mean to you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool and simplistic to use. It has a lot of features that most everyone needs, but when it comes to more technical stuff you need created, they will try to work with you but most likely will not be able to help you.

Sometimes the email campaign builder is glitchy and doesn't generate the best responsive design, but you just have to send yourself a test email before sending out the email to verify everything looks good.

Overall it's a great platform, easy to use, and the customer support service is above average.

Dubrazka W.

"Emma is a high quality online marketin software. "

What do you like best?

It really is an excellent tool for online marketing. When we send emails it's quick and easy, from my main account I can share different templates with the rest of the team. I like this a lot and monitor the campaigns they send, facilitating feedback tasks through a series. of notifications.Emma is an easy email marketing solution for the use of anyone since it is very easy to understand and manage. The best digital marketing application I've used.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that disgustes me, for me it is a perfect tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this tool since you will always receive a timely and complete response to the product questions.

We have increased our clientele and no problem has arisen.

Susan C.

"Major implementation across the country"

What do you like best?

I chose Emma for their Tiered Account, which allows our company to provide Assets (templates, graphics, and logos) to our independent reps throughout the United States. This is working out beautifully, and is being universally embraced.

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike. Would like to see a curving tool in the Editor that would allow text blocks and graphics to have a slightly curved corner. Have conveyed this to tech support and the feature is being considered.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare your current email software on mobile devices to Emma and you'll want all your mobile users to see the difference that we've found using Emma.

The business problem: 70+ reps with decentralized email campaigns for their region.

The benefits: excitement from them for the improvement to their work/life and the ability to take templates I create at the top level and customize for their region and business. Also, Emma is truly "responsive", meaning that campaigns adapt beautifully to any size screen.

Janeth W.

"User friendly platform with great features!"

What do you like best?

Emma offers drag and drop templates that also allows you to customize. Their design quality is far superior than other email marketing services I have used. They integrate with several other platforms. I love how Emma is constantly adding features and they have a ton of helpful webinars that really add value.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if more templates are added to Emma. Setting up workflow can be a little cumbersome and may require assistance from the Emma team.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's very user-friendly and almost error proof. There may be times where the Emma team may need to help. However, they are extremely helpful and resolve any issues.

We use Emma for both our wholesale distributors and we also use it to send promos to our retail consumers.

Sugey R.

"Emma the best online marketing software "

What do you like best?

I really like that from my main account I can share different templates with the rest of the team and monitor the campaigns they send. Emma provides excellent customer service always pending. It is the best when it comes to email marketing since it offers almost immediate results. The cost of purchasing, installing and maintaining the software is affordable.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that bothered me was that at the beginning it is somewhat complicated to learn and understand the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an excellent product do not miss the opportunity to try the quality!

Emma is a great, solid marketing tool by email that has allowed us to maintain communication and achieve timely and timely responses.

Jay L.

"Good, solid email marketing platform "

What do you like best?

Good section of ready made templates. The interface between creating the email and sending it is nicely intuitive. Lots of drag and drop additions available.

What do you dislike?

Formatting of certain areas of your emails is an issue. for instance, many times the buttons and dividers change shape and color. Fonts and sizes are difficult to control between applications. Spacing and text wrap do not work consistently. Adding new mail lists is counter-intuitive and takes some getting used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Like any email marketing platform, Emma needs getting used to to figure out quirks and shortcuts.

We are definitely growing our customer base and have a very good open rate and click thru on our emails. thus are brand awareness is building in the markets we are targeting.

Caroline M.

"User Friendly Marketing software"

What do you like best?

I liked that I could send a lot of clients email materials quickly and with a format that fit our company's branding.

What do you dislike?

I was not a fan of removing duplicates contacts and there was not an easy way to fix that issue. I would have to manually go in and delete misspellings with the same email and that was rather tedious.

A lot of the time, our marketing emails would be sent to the spam filter, which caused an annoyance. Other friends using Emma also experienced the same issue.

It was a fairly easy to use interface after working with it for a bit. It allowed us to send a lot of emails to clients with not a lot of effort past what is normally expected.

Un-attributed

"Emma Makes Sending Emails Easy"

What do you like best?

We switched to Emma from Constant Contact mostly because we could get a base level enterprise for the same cost we were paying Constant Contact with their extras. Emma has some nice additional features including in their base price like A/B testing & Salesforce integration. Creating a template from an email is easy and their drag and drop system is nice. The interface of Emma is very clean. The reporting is very nice visually. It's nice that you can create a template for a recurring email.

What do you dislike?

The contact management section is clunky and could use some interface work. The form creation process is easy but the newer lightbox form does not work very well. There needs to be more customization for the templates. There are areas of a template that cannot be changed at all like header logo placement and colors of elements. Constant Contact is superior in this area.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you do a free trial. You need to get a feel for the platform. Especially if switching from another company.

We have multiple businesses in our company so being able to all use the same platform but have our areas and share assets is a nice addition. We haven't yet used the workflow or Salesforce integration but are looking forward to learning more about it.

Courtney S.

"Emma works for email marketing"

What do you like best?

Ability to segment audience and recreate mailings from past mailings. The templates are nice but could have a bigger selection with more customization available.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is not a lot of customization options for the mailings. I would like to be able to do one main article then have columns of paragraphs underneath the main article.

Able to effectively communicate with a wide audience and see the analytics of who is interacting with our newsletters.

Robert W.

" The tool you expected to create newsletters. "

What do you like best?

What I like the most is how easy it is to use it. I also like that you can import your contacts with a spreadsheet and not have to manually enter the email addresses. Ideal for professional newsletters, you can also learn without training which is excellent and saves a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like is its price since it is a bit expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to make newsletters this is the perfect tool. I recommend it since it is very useful and easy to use. You will always get a timely and complete response to the product questions.

No problem to solve for the moment.

April M.

"Easy to learn and great customer support"

What do you like best?

I started using Emma for a client at our agency and had to learn it pretty quickly without any prior experience, it's easy to get the hang of and once you have a template, easy to compile weekly newsletters with. I've now shown several other coworkers the ropes and expanded my use of it greatly due to quick customer support whenever we have questions on how to do something new.

What do you dislike?

Drag and drop editor could be smoother to use. Wish the dashboard showed more overview info on each newsletter without having to click in.

Being able to target non-openers with ease has been incredible. Emma automates much of the targeting process, allowing users to split audiences and separate out segments very easily. We've increased the open rate on our emails by 10+ points using this workflow. The click distribution map feature is a great way to quickly see which articles are resonating with subscribers.

Ryan R.

"Easy-to-use interface, frequent feature updates, impeccable customer service."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, first of all. Designing an attractive, informative e-mail rich with imagery and video content is very easy. Furthermore, Emma allows deep segmenting and grouping of contacts, and allows for automation chains to be easily programmed - You can automate a second e-mail that only goes to users who didn't open the first one, for example. Their customer support is unparalleled.

What do you dislike?

Multiple user logins/accounts gets a little tricky to wrangle when you get into the differences between accounts, managers, and sub-accounts.

We've been able to achieve a level of targeting that wasn't possible for us before Emma. We never send the wrong message to the wrong people, which dramatically decreases our unsubscribes while ensuring that users only receive messages that are relevant interesting to them. Thanks Emma!

UP
Un-attributed

"Professional and Competent Software"

What do you like best?

I would say the aesthetic of this software is both beautiful and easy to use. I can create different sections in which I post my work, and can return to these at any time. This helps me maintain an organized platform for drafting and completing different projects and works.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the links for posting can be a bit complicated, but overall I have no issues. Learning the system can be a bit complicated, but once I figured out all the tools I had no issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have people on your team who are competent and knowledgable about the software and tools, navigation, etc, and this system will work well.

I use it primarily for compiling portfolios. I can set up different sections, which helps me keep my work organized. It also comes equipped with a large variety of editing tools which are helpful both for the editor and for the writer. Many other softwares rely on other processors such as word and "track changes," whereas this one has its own set of internal tools.