Emma Reviews & Product Details

Emma Overview

What is Emma?

It’s time to get more from your email marketing. Emma's powerful digital marketing platform makes it easy for marketing teams of all sizes to create beautifully designed email campaigns that drive results. Identify who to target, automate your marketing programs and integrate with the technologies you use most to deliver more timely, personalized and effective communications. With award-winning thought leadership, friendly expert services and thoughtful product design, Emma helps marketers worldwide do their very best work. Plan — Collaborate across teams, be proactive about your campaigns and customer outreach. Design — Our world-class editor and hundreds of responsive templates help you design compelling mobile emails and test effective CTAs. Target and Engage — Use segmentation to power more personalized messages based on what you know about your customers, and our automation tools help you efficiently build and execute ongoing campaigns that keep your brand top of mind. Analyze and Optimize — Understand the impact of your programs and improve over time with real-time analytics, testing and insights, even when you’re on the go. Integrations — Emma integrates with top CRM, e-commerce, and analytics platforms so you can use data from the technologies you use most to create informed and dynamic creative.

Emma Details
Discussions
Emma Community

Emma’s email marketing platform focuses on segmentation, automation, and an easy-to-use email builder to make it easy for teams of all sizes to leverage their customer data, increase engagement, and drive more revenue from email.

Emma Inc
Nashville, TN
@emmaemail

Emma Videos

Emma Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Emma community
Have you used Emma before?

Emma Reviews

Showing 463 Emma reviews
Already have Emma?
Director of Ph.D. Admissions
What do you like best?

Very user friendly. You don't need years of marketing experience to create a great campaign. Also includes lots of features: delayed sending, the ability to create specific audiences and groups, test subjects and analytics, copying past campaigns, keeps track of all errors and those who have unsubscribed, click and drag, great photo library. Also has an Insights tab so that you can continue to keep track of how all your campaigns have been doing--what has worked and what hasn't. Emma includes a lot of great features that I haven't found with other similar programs. During my time in higher education, I think that I've used every email campaign software that there is, and Emma is by far my favorite. As a whole, our company has had a lot of success with this program and will continue to use it in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the editing/moving features can be a little touchy, and I do wish I was able to reopen the campaign that has already been sent without having to copy it. When I'm working within one group, I also have to always go back and click what group I'm adding people to. I wish it automatically selected the group once I hit "save and add another". Overall, though, these aren't complaints that would deter me from the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a try. You won't be sorry. It's a great program with a lot of great features. I've really enjoyed being able to test different subject lines. This has helped me decide what is going to be more successful in the future. I am also able to easily upload contacts from Microsoft Excel to add to my audience, then divide those into certain groups. We also have multiple people that use the program via one account, and we are easily able to keep track of our own campaigns. Emma also gives you a rating based on opens/clicks, etc., so that you can improve your future campaigns. I can say that I've definitely been able to reach new customers just by using Emma. I use it every month to reach my potential customers, and I get responses every single month. It's been the best tool during this pandemic. I recommend it to everyone in my position. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

During the pandemic, we have turned to e-marketing to fulfill our marketing and outreach needs. I have been able to successfully reach a lot of new students using this tool. I can also easily keep track of who no longer wants to receive our information and test subject lines to see which one reaches the most people/yields the most opens and clicks. Being able to track this information has been a great help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to configure an email. Uploading pictures is easy enough. Duplicating past campaigns is simple. Day to day use was never a problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They do not have enough in place to keep your newsletter from being compromised by spam. My newsletter got mass dumps of random emails and I had to get a new admin email because of this. I ended up switching to Constant Contact who also has better social media integration. Creating sign-up forms is way too difficult with Emma. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Emma ended up creating more problems than it solved. I had to do a lot of clean up after my newsletter was compromised. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Emma allows our company to send emails at a low cost and with that, this was a big financial savings that we can offer our savings needs. It is ideal for companies of any size, ideally smaller, as it is very economical compared to other programs like MailChimp. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We ran into a problem with one of our projects, and we also opted out to fix the bug errors, but they didn't really come back with us after a few hours later. It makes emails a little uncomfortable when they have these erros. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We can much better identify which headers get the most clicks from our customers' emails based on the control panel. We can select the super simple email developer that frees up some of our visuals developers to do various other Jobs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Emma is an email software program, which helps to develop visually beautiful emails for our customers. While this is not much different from other email clients, the good thing is that we can use it across the company, from one division to another. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I like the quick view of the campaign results - and that they're exportable and easy to quickly analyze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there isn't a lot of creativity or flexibility within the design of the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you aren't looking for anything in depth or robust, or don't have a need to have a complex solution, this is your product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's a good basic solution if the company doesn't need a lot of robust reporting, or is comfortable with sticking to one email template or format. It's a good starter option or a option for a lower tier type of business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Developer
What do you like best?

1. Interface is very easy for anyone. So, anyone can use this software.

2. Emma provides professional and dynamic templates which are used used in email marketing.

3. Emma provide dynamic segmentation which help me to use personalized message based on customer data.

4. It also provide some automation tool which will help to improve email marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. Very costly.

2. Customer support is not good.

3. It is a little bit frustrating to change font color or style. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems-

1. Reduce cost so that anyone can use this platform.

2. Communicate with a customer in a better way so that improve customer support.

3. Take a step on editing.

Benefits -

1. Very easy interface.

2. Using professional and cool templates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Manager
What do you like best?

I love how Emma is easy to use if you have many clients. I have 50 clients that I send their emails through Emma and it is easy to bounce from account to account sending out their emails. I love how emma easily syncs with opted outs so I do not have to manually enter it in the system. But my favorite thing about Emma that I have not seen in many programs is the open and click reports at the end of a mailing. This allows my clients to be able to see who is clicking and opening their emails so they can reach out to them personally to see if they are interested in their product. If they have not opened an email in 3 months, we remove them. I love how emma is permission based marketing only! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are still a lot of bugs using Emma. Many times we cannot work because Emma is down or is not working. It can be extremely frustrating when Emma is not a cheap product and it is not seamless. When we have deadlines and 50 clients and no one can get an email out on time, that looks bad on us. Editing the email in the editor is a pain in the BUTT! When you change the format in one line it changes for all the line. You MUST know HTML to go in and fix it manually. Sometime it takes me an extra 20 mins to get an email out. That NEEDS TO BE UPDATED. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn some HTML if you do not know it already it will help you in the editor. Trust me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

To send out a mass email to 10k with a push of a button is awesome! Not many software have that capability. I love Emma in general and have not found anything better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

Emma makes managing an email list easy and beautiful. Lists can be segmented down to the granular level and automations make your list work harder for you with minimal effort on your part. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Plus subscription is a little pricey compared to competitors but you do have world class customer service so I suppose there are trade offs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helping us communicate with an audience that has come to follow our organization through many different channels, we can use Emma’s segmenting and automation tool to make sure audience members are receiving communications most relevant to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Emma is a multifaceted Email marketing platform which can do wonders in digital marketing. The herculean task of marketing is being dealt in a very smarter way through Emma. It is completely satisfying to work with Emma as their way of handling marketing is very new and innovative. it is really helpful for people who are in need of a better digital marketing platform. Emma is more beneficial when it comes to keeping the record of customers. One among the six tabs offered by Emma helps to get the information about how people have responded to conducted through various social media platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sending large number of emails can be more time consuming which is a bit annoying while working in a time constrained manner. Formatting issues can occur while trying to copy and paste from word, PDF and other such sources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Emma provides incredible service which has made the digital marketing more easier and effective. It helps in improving partner relationships business quality and profit. They keep a record of weekly updates of our newsletter, number of signups and shares in social media, the number of people subscribed and unsubscribed and the number of clicks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Emma is super simple to use. When we first signed on with Emma, we utilized their development team option to help us create templates for our emails. They made a stagnat header and footer that contained specific links to our website and our terms & conditions. This makes our email set up process very easy. We like the heat map that gets sent to us after email email gets sent which allows us to see what areas of our email were clicked on the most. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The forms from Emma only allow a small amount of characters in the questions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Emma is helping us collect contact information from people on our site who are voluntarily signing up to be on our newsletter list to be notified of promotions and other company updates Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Trigger targeted messages based on subscriber activity, list segmentation, A/B testing, and a great analytics board. Multiple teams can use this with limited access so it doesn't overlap departments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, I have not found anything to dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a user-friendly platform that multiple departments could use and be able to customize to their needs. Emma has helped solve this and made it so our non-tech/design employees can do their own emailing to clients while staying branded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

Emma is one of the most efficient email marketing platforms I have worked with in my entire career, the software is very good for developing extraordinary campaigns, its level of personalization is quite extensive and allows people to create unified advertising content, to capture the attention of many people. With Emma businesses can perceive very good results in a very short period of time, it is a very easy to use system, the design of its interface is very complete, it is wide, all the configurations, options of uses and tools are within easy reach. The customer service of this product is very good, it gives very personalized attention and the times I have needed help from them have given me very satisfactory solutions, I really love this product to use in my work, it has given me a good experience, it is very easy to manage and its design is very good to work in a focused way in the most important objectives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

From my point of view I think that the price of Emma is high to use in small organizations or short budgets, in terms of operation I think that this system has some limitations when customizing campaigns, because although there is a variety of templates still needs more options, there are points where it does not allow to edit the letters, change sizes or place images, which has generated some displeasure with the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are an experienced or inexperienced marketing specialist and are looking for an effective system to expand your marketing campaigns, I advise you that Emma's service is your best option, as it is very easy to implement in any business, provides many features and usage options to suit every need, is very effective in increasing sales and allows people to work with peace of mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This service has been used in our company for several years, we use it mainly to develop and expand through emails marketing campaigns with relevant advertising content that allows us to capture the attention of more and more people. Because of the great service that Emma has provided to our company it has been expanding more and more in different marketing departments with the purpose of obtaining global results in all our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Nothing. My experience has been horrible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We currently have an account with Emma, although we would not like to be. Not only is this the most overpriced service in the market, but they also use horrible business practices to keep you in their high-paying contracts, and canceling your account is IMPOSSIBLE. We have been trying to cancel our account for almost a year now. Calling well in advance and then calling back when or making other forms of contact they say are required to cancel. We were told we were contracted through March and to call one month ahead to cancel. When we call to cancel, we were told we were already renewed for another year, because we didn't cancel before January. This is insane. This service is nearly $8,000 a year and they WILL not let us terminate our contract, despite trying to follow all the rules and jump through all their hoops. Now, no one will talk to us on the phone. they are trying to send our small non-profit to collections for a service we have been trying to cancel for a year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely opt for a different email marketing program. You can everything you might possibly want to do on Emma in MailChimp, Constant Contact, or SendinBlue. Do not sign up with Emma. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This has only created problems for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We use Emma to send emails to different groups across the organization. It's great that you can segment users so they only see what they need to see for their department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes copying and pasting text into an email messes up the formatting, and I haven't figured out a good way to fix that! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can send professional, attractive emails to our email lists. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Generalist
What do you like best?

Emma is easy and very intuitive. Relative to other platforms, Emma is by far the easiest to use and reliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much about Emma I dislike besides the price. Relative to other platforms, I would say if it came down on price, the platform would be phenomenal in the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say give it a try and you won't regret, especially for small to medium-sized businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it primarily for email marketing at my current company, volunteer organizations, and also I've used it other passed roles as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

On the other hand, I can also highlight its management methods, which can generate clear advances in the different aspects of the company, whether financially, strategically or productively, these being the most important areas of a company, which by raising its values can obtain the best results, work that is carried out and fulfilled in its entirety by emma's software, a system that can easily materialize a clear evolution of its corporate standards, where any company will want to use its services, since the complete advance that it provides can be seen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Among the most vulnerable and negative values of emma, it can be said that it contains in its system an extremely notorious error regarding its corporate strategy expansion plan, where not always the best results are obtained regarding the implementation of this service, since not in all opportunities is it possible to raise the company's indexes, because the programming presents difficulties when identifying some operational problems that prevent the improvement of the company's sales and productivity standards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In a mature and focused opinion it can be said that emma's programming is one of the best in the world of development and marketing management software focused on obtaining the best results for the companies using the system, by focusing, controlling, regulating and generating clear advances in its programmatic structure and its commercial operations, raising its corporate rates to a large scale, positioning the company at the top of its capabilities and obtaining an increase in its logistics and marketing skills, skilled tools for this branch of business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I particularly use the advertising management services offered by emma, focused on the advertising part, since this powerful and unparalleled software comprises one of the most complete systems on the market, capable of providing the best marketing experience that not all platforms in this category can offer, being mainly thanks to its incredible programming, which offers the best tools for manipulating information distribution systems in social networks and other computer data containment services, so it can be said that emma is safe progress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Its drag-and-drop format is helpful for creating campaigns. Also has an easy-to-use analytics and automation function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be very fussy, you sometimes need to refresh the page to regain control of a function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automation, forms, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

Emma is a tool that I consider a canvas for the creation of email campaigns, since it offers a variety of tools that allow us to develop them with a high level of customization and quality to create them totally elegant so that people like them, the platform is very easy to use, allows users to develop their campaigns in an impressive time, I sincerely know that this service is highly productive and in my company it was an excellent solution to help our sales grow progressively and for people to know our brand, I sincerely define Emma as a very potential and ideal platform for any marketing specialist. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software has an editing limitation that I think needs to be corrected as soon as possible, its limitation is that its ability to make edits to the dimensions of the images, which does not allow people to make their edits to the desired designs. Actually this is the only weakness that I have been able to visualize of this software since its operation is very good and I do not have any kind of complaints about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Emma is a unique and truly functional product for developing marketing campaigns, both at a professional and personal level I have been able to witness the effectiveness of this tool, I really recommend it because it is very easy to use and implement in any business, the service adapts perfectly to the needs of its users and its cost is quite affordable compared to other competing services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have several years working with this service in my company, through this platform I can develop and execute marketing campaigns with a fairly good level of customization and quality, which allows us to have the success we want when we launch our campaigns, personally I am surprised at how useful and necessary it is Emma for our company, really while still maintaining its level of functionality would not consider anything to replace this service, as I feel very familiar with the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Emmas is intuitive, easy to use, the templates are great, but you can also upload your own HTML files, and the list segmentation is a dream. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much - it's a great email service provider. The reporting options could be improved, and the bounce codes could be better explained. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Each client can have a great looking email campaign that is customized to their brand, but the design capabilities are easy to manage and change, and our clients are happy and satisfied with the reporting and performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Director
What do you like best?

I like that Emma easily sends outbound emails with just a click to thousands of recipients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I slightly dislike that Emma organic SEO feature fails to offer great results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To send large volume of emails, i recommend integrating it with email services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Emma has improved SEO of our agency.

We get to know when the emails are received abd clicked by prospect clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Customization of email templates. Email delivery rates template open rates visibility Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No mobile app compatibility. Also real time bounce rates deriving is a challenge Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it if your organisation is 1. Medium sized 2. Marketing team is centralized 3. Looking for new possible partners Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A very effective email marketing platform. Customization of templates is very easy. Interface is user friendly. Creation of surveys is also a great feature. You can add different attachment along with the email templates. Goes in real time. Provides updates about bounced, opened emails Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
Apparel & Fashion
What do you like best?

Emma is extremely user friendly. You just drag and drop images and attach your links and voila you have a professional email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Emma has great user friendly layout options, but you are limited with what you can and cannot do. Sometimes I will receive an email from another company that I love the layout on, and I’m unable to recreate it. There are also a lot of glitches. I get email updates constantly that there are problems with this and that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are inexperienced with email creation and campaign management, Emma is for you! It’s very easy to use and looks professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The greatest benefit with Emma is how easy it is to create a basic email. Someone with no experience would be able to navigate the website and create a professional looking email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It has eradicated all the hussle of marketing by sending outbound emails to respective clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how the SEO feature on Emma fails sometimes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes I would recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email Marketing.

Sending outbound emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.