DubBot Reviews & Product Details

DubBot Overview

What is DubBot?

With the highest rating in customer satisfaction, DubBot has now been awarded “Best Usability” and "Best Support". We build simple, powerful software that helps organizations optimize their websites for an inclusive user experience. Our software provides automated tests for website accessibility, broken links, spelling, and customizable web governance rules. DubBot’s headquarters are in Atlanta, GA (USA).

DubBot Details
Discussions
DubBot Community
Danish, German, English, Finnish, French, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish

DubBot builds software that takes the complexity out of web accessibility and QA. We build simple, powerful software that helps organizations optimize their websites for an inclusive user experience. Our software provides automated tests for website accessibility, broken links, spelling, and customizable web governance rules. We offer competitive pricing with best in class service. Take a look at our reviews and see why one client said: “As a customer, you’re not just another number.”

DubBot offers competitive pricing with best in class service. Take a look at our reviews and see why one of our clients said: “As a customer, you’re not just another number.”

DubBot

DubBot Reviews

Showing 47 DubBot reviews
Already have DubBot?
Assistant Director of Web and Digital Strategy
What do you like best?

Our ~300 end users have reported the user interface is significantly easier to use and navigate than our past services. They also love the SSO integration.

As the main admin, I have noticed many fewer false positives in the accessibility area, while other services gave me so many it was essentially impossible to work through issues.

Scans are fast! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the end user documentation is a little light, but after contacting DubBot support they added several help articles.

I would like a few extra custom check options (such as searching for images based on size), though I believe items like that are on the roadmap. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We mainly use it to look for accessibility errors, broken links, and misspellings. We have made decent progress in all fronts. Internal issues are slowing us down far more than any issues with DubBot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

* Very competitive price point

* Covers all of the necessary Web QA features

* Very responsive support staff

* Easy access to create custom checks

* Great WCAG checks

* Great support for custom word and spelling checks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

* Enabling custom checks on a site-by-site basis could be a little more intuitive

* Broken link checker has a pretty high false positive rate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our Web QA experience has been greatly simplified with DubBot. It covers all of the features we need, and none of the ones we don't! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

DubBot makes accessibility testing and ongoing governance a breeze. The user interface is extremely intuitive when compared with any other automated accessibility crawler that I have used - and I believe that I have used every reputable option in this space. The customer support has been absolutely incredible, it is rare to find a team that truly cares about there customers and I have felt valued and respected every step of the way with DubBot. DubBot is one of only a few services I would consider for accessibility governance, and I have ultimate chosen them based on value (very fair pricing for a complete accessibility governance tool) and its ability to seamlessly fit into our development team's workflow. Accessibility can be a daunting undertaking for developer, quality assurance, website administrators, and content creators, and especially so on large websites (good luck manually auditing 100,000 pages, let alone 100 pages). Our teams have been able to log in to DubBot and hit the ground running with little to no guidance. In my opinion, DubBot absolutely must be considered for any organization looking to add a layer of accessibility governance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've thought deeply about this and honestly have not come up with anything useful to comment on. The DubBot team has reached out for feedback regularly, and I've only had good things to say, as much as I wanted to offer some areas of improvement. The one point I'd like to make here is that DubBot does an incredible job of reporting on true accessibility violations and this is why the user interface is so intuitive and user friendly. With that said, there are some other tools that do provide much more 'possible' violations and ask for manual confirmation. For some, the additional manually guidance can be helpful, however for our use it was added clutter that caused confusion and made it difficult for our teams to use the tools. DubBot was a clear winner by eliminating the clutter and allowing us to focus on the true accessibility issues. We've done a direct comparison with DubBot vs. the industry leading tool, and the actual violations were a 1:1 perfect match, after filtering out hundreds of none issues reported by the other tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use DubBot for accessibility audits prior to launching very large, high traffic websites. We are able to quickly address any technical accessibility issues across the entire website and inform clients of content entry issues they should address. We also identify content entry errors that are a pattern and help our clients adjust their process and guidelines for authors to create accessible content. The biggest problem we had prior to using DubBot was how to efficiently test accessibility on hundreds of components with many variations and thousand of pages. DubBot provides us with results across entire sites very promptly with a click of a button. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

DubBot is easy to use and helps us to ensure our website is ADA compliant and free of broken links and spelling issues. DubBot takes us directly to the page in our CMS page for quick fixes. Penny and Blaine are always available to troubleshoot and provide training to help us get the most out of DubBot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. For any small bugs that come up (as with any tool), the DubBot team is on and solves quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend testing it out for yourself. DubBot gave us a trial period to test the software and we could immediately see how easy it is to use and how efficiently it works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed an affordable tool to help us identify and fix ADA compliance issues. DubBot makes it easy to do. The DubBot team is knowledgeable about ADA compliance and has a library of training resources that cover the basics. They also provided an excellent training for our staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AD
What do you like best?

I like how easy the tool is to use. I love that it handles accessibility issues for me and I really don't have to do much but run the checker tools. It saves me a ton of time. I am able to quickly find and fix errors in order to make my site more accessible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's really not much that I don't like about this tool. I'm excited to see how Dubbot will continue to add to their tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's nice to have accessibility tools all in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

When we decided to buy something, getting user-friendly tool was the number one goal. Our users love the product. There is no training required as the software is intuitive. Their support is second to none. They are approachable and knowledgeable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We haven't run into any issues using the software yet! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're able to quickly correct broken links and spelling errors which has allowed us to provide a better user experience on our websites. Highlighting and fixing WCAG issues also allows us to make sure that our sites are accessible to all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

DubBot has a simple to use and understand interface with clear action items and objectives. We were able to start making edits and improvements on our website immediately after the first crawl. The team at DubBot has been very helpful and professional when we've had questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing to dislike about the service itself. Some action items are a little unclear, but I think that has more to do with the ambiguity of the laws regarding accessibility rather than the functionality of the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give the trial a go! You'll see how useful it can be... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We started using DubBot during our efforts to make our website more accessible for those with disabilities. It has been a very helpful tool in addressing this need as well as with some side issues such as finding random misspellings and such. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

It is a very easy tool to use with just the right amount of bells and whistles. Blaine and Penny have been great to work with and you can tell they care about each and every customer they have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, everything and everyone has been helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

n/a Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Broken links and misspellings are the biggest things we are tackling with this tool and it has been great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Incredibly quick response time, interface is very easy to use. We very much enjoy working with the DubBot team. They are very knowledgeable, and ready to jump in when we need help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some small bugs, but DubBot is quick to answer our requests and problem solve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have an incredibly large system of websites. Now, with DubBot our sites are scanned and it's easy to login and review reports. We're in the process of extending access to the rest of the university so that they may manage their own pages and sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Love the easy to use interface and the fact that Dubbot has prioritize the most important features in their fairly new product. I've used a few of these accessibility tools and Dubbot has the best UI. Honestly many of these tools do the same thing and from the 'bigger' companies have so many features it kind of clutters the interface. We love Dubbot. Price is competitive too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We haven't experienced any downsides yet. They are a small company but so they could get busy but we have had no problem with support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a sandbox and try it out for yourself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accessibility for state institutions has never been more important. It is important to be able to identify issues quickly and clearly. Dubbot helps with that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

DubBot isn’t like other vendors that I’ve worked with. They aren’t constantly trying to upsell me on software that I don’t want or need. They are responsive, knowledgeable, and friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really is not much. They recently did a UI refresh which solved any of the issues that I had with the product. New features are also constantly being released. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We did a pretty intense trial of DubBot and three of its competitors when we were looking into web governance. In the end, we found that DubBot was the most user friendly. We have a lot of users and the last thing that we need to do is to train them to use another complicated product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Webmaster, Migration Specialist
What do you like best?

I'm correcting misspellings that have been in the site for years! The broken link and custom checks are easy to discover and correct problems before they're reported. Accessibility is a peak concern and primarily why we've added dubbot to our accessibility checks; it provides all I need to ensure that every page under dubbot's review is properly accessible.

It's very helpful to have such a concise list of issues across all sites. It makes it a simple matter to simply knock some items out of the list at my availability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Crawl Now doesn't seem to reflect the latest version 'now' and that's a little confusing but I'll just wait for the next crawl to track my progress (and more importantly, see what errors remain). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dubbot does the things it says it does. It's quite easy to get in and get going, which I've done directly. When I've asked for help the support has come back spooky quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

During a recent system upgrade from Drupal to Concrete5, I added custom checks to catch any links that referred back to the old system. Maintaining accessibility across all our sites and simply keeping me on task makes dubbot an incredible time-saver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

A screenshot of the dashboard and the versatile custom checks were all I needed to convince my CMO that DubBot was the best choice. This tool does everything we need it to do and makes it easy to manage multiple users. The DubBot team understands our needs and has been both responsive and adept at providing solutions to our issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their customer service is really good and I feel guilty when they check-in and I don't any problems for them to fix.

One thing that would make things a little more user-friendly would be if I were able to create custom checks without having to write a formula. It's not difficult to figure out, but I appreciate any opportunity I can find to use less brain power in a day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before comparing tools, make sure you have a list of things you need it to do, things you want it to do, and things you actually have time to do. There is software that does more, but it doesn't make sense to pay triple the price for extra functions that you don't have time to manage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One major benefit is that I can use the accessibility score to document our overall improvement and how much further we need to go. Working for a state university, this kind of documentation is critical to justify funding for web development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I think the service that we get with DubBot is probably worth what we pay for our annual subscription alone. My team doesn’t have the bandwidth to understand everything we’d like to when it comes to accessibility. DubBot’s team takes the time to explain issues that we don’t understand in plain english - and helps my company’s development team to see where corrections need to be made. The software is also easy to use and to understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not really a “dislike” but I would like to be able to have more abilities to sort issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fixing any accessibility errors was our primary concern, but we’re also taking advantage of many of their custom checks, along with fixing misspellings and broken links. We realized benefits even before we started paying them when they set up a trial sandbox for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Ease of use, quick UI, multitude of options for customization Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some elements give false positives, making custom checks is a bit hit or miss Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving accessibility issues with our site, as well as cleaning up errors made by department editors Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AG
What do you like best?

Responsive in-depth support, easy of use, comprehensive scanning and identification of built-in and custom checks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For out large multi-site installation of WordPress, some loading/caching issues occur on the front-end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accessibility fixes, SEO improvements, broken links and several custom checks to help our non-technical Content Managers make improvements without IT involvement (most of the time). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Web Services
What do you like best?

The regular, automated checking provides ongoing review of our website for issues. The checks for accessibility issues against the WCAG standard are a must for us. But topping the list of what's best? The people! Their customer service is top-notch. Any issues or questions we run into are quickly triaged and resolved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface can be a little difficult to work through when there are multiple issues that might be hidden in the code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We continue to seek to provide the best experience for every one of our users. The accessibility tests for WCAG compliance are a key part of that. That, coupled with the additional check for misspellings, broken links, and custom checks that we can create provide the means necessary to stay on top issues on our website and keep it running smoothly. Having a website that meets a variety of validity checks also directly improves how search engines rank our website. If we can't figure out how to resolve an issue that the software shows, their customer service is their to provide insight and assistance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

It's a tool that is user friendly and intuitive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Have not found anything I don't like yet! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to provide a tool to our campus community where we find the majority of the folks in charge of creating/updating websites are not website developers! This tool allows us to teach them what to look out for as easy fixes to make a site more accessible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

These are not the only great things about Dubbot nor are they in any particular order, but:

*Simple dashboard

*User friendly

*Timely customer service

*Shows errors on the page or in source code

*Easy to set up new sites Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have as many bells and whistles of some other products and it doesn't integrate with our CMS at this time, so pages have to be manually edited away from Dubbot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get as many custom checks established before the install as you can think of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm getting our website more inline with Accessibility standards and creating uniform standards across the site for things such as how phone numbers should be written. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UX Analyst & Digital Accessibility Program Manager
What do you like best?

What I like best about DubBot is its simplicity. The reports are easy to read not only for me but for my clients on campus....I don't have to send a list of definitions along with the report. In fact, I have given several of my clients accounts so they can scan and test their respective websites themselves.

One of the other great things about DubBot is the price. When we changed to DubBot we saved about $10K from our previous software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this time, the only addition to DubBot I would like to see is the ability to download the report in a "snapshot" graphical format. Again, making the information easy to understand for my clients. Additionally, that would be a great format to use when presenting a business case to the administrators on campus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get DubBot! You will not be dissapointed! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use DubBot primarily for accessibility and general usability checking but have discovered that it is a great teaching tool. I can easily provide "teaching moments" to a client or group of clients simply by reviewing the report with them. The DubBot clean, "user-friendly" interface makes that possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Web Services
What do you like best?

The owner and his staff are among the most responsive and open-to-feedback software team that I've had the pleasure of interacting with. I give them the highest marks for customer service, and the zeal with which they tackle product improvements at client suggestion. DubBot wants to help customers succeed, and its positively apparent in their client interactions and product development practices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We *occasionally* receive false positives for broken links that show as a "Connection Reset" message in the Dubbot UI. The owner and his staff have been *highly responsive* to this trouble report, and we understand this issue has been resolved in their upcoming release. Other than that small issue -- and to be clear this issue also shows how Dubbot has handled it within one of their core strengths (responsiveness and customer service) -- we've had smooth sailing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Dubbot to augment our small staff, and our ability to monitor and track QA and legal compliance matters on our web site. We've used all of the commonly known services in this realm, and we've been most pleased with Dubbot -- and their pricing model was also much more favorable to the small, non-profit college (less than 1500 students) were I work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Manager
What do you like best?

Very easy to use! I can set up users and do not have to give them am elaborate training. Also, the customer services is great- the DubBot folks are very responsive and look into every issue even if its a user error on our end. It also is able to be implemented into the CMS that I use which is very helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like more features that do an instant crawl to search for certain terms. They do have something similar and as others have said, they are always adding new features. This is not a product that will not be going stale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are more frequently able to check entire websites for broken links which is an easy win and I know that it is getting done on a regular basis. This also helps our users keep accessibility in the front of their minds by using this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Director
What do you like best?

DubBot's usability is great even for novice users. It's simple, functional interface has barely any learning curve at all and that's important to me because I have almost 2 dozen users in the system. That fact also makes training really easy, which allows me to focus my training on the metrics I care about most. Once my users get up to speed, and that's very quickly, they run with DubBot's features.

Also, I have to mention their responsiveness. The DubBot staff are super-quick to respond and very open to innovation. Their communication in general is excellent and transparent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. I guess the funky name, "DubBot" was a bit odd to introduce to my team and management. LOL! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DubBot instantly created a baseline benchmark for the status of our site. After that, we have been able to measure our continuous improvement. It's been great to set a goal to literally move the needle on several measurements and watch the numbers go up. It's also been very useful to advance our accessibility initiative by showing certain subsites that are performing below others, allowing us to make the case for change. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Director for Digital Marketing
What do you like best?

DubBot has a clean, intuitive, user-friendly interface that provides an easy way for assessing the accessibility of my website, along with evaluating other components such as spelling, broken links and SEO. DubBot works with my CMS so that I can go straight from an identified error in DubBot to my CMS to resolve the error. The customer support of DubBot is incredible. They respond to my questions in a very timely manner and are also very open to my feedback and suggestions. When looking for an accessibility audit tool, we considered many products including some big-name, well-known companies. DubBot emerged as the clear winner for us because it provided us everything we needed without extraneous "bells and whistles" which meant the product was actually affordable for a company our size. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see DubBot include accessibility analysis of PDFs; however, they have said this is on the horizon for their product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take time to view a demo of DubBot and speak with their staff. They will make sure to answer your questions and provide you the information you need to make your decision. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DubBot has helped me easily identify accessibility, SEO, broken links, and spelling issues within the websites for my institution. This has made it easier for me to evaluate and prioritize our accessibility initiatives and has helped me be able to more clearly communicate with other decision-makers about what needs to be done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Digital Communications
What do you like best?

I love the friendly interface, seeing our scores improve, the super reasonable price tag, and the amazing customer service. Every time I have a question, I get a rapid response, and best of all, the product keeps improving. I also appreciate that all of my previous questions in the chat are easy to access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I don't completely understand what something within the interface means (what the implications might be when I make a choice), but I am always able to get a quick clarification by using the chat feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop thinking about it and just do it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DubBot is helping us to get rid of spelling errors, eliminate broken links, and improve the accessibility of our website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for DubBot?