DealerSocket

3.8

DealerSocket allows you to manage opportunities and processes with marketing, sales, service, customer experience, data mining, and more.

Work for DealerSocket?

Learning about DealerSocket?

DealerSocket Reviews

Ask DealerSocket a Question
Showing 42 DealerSocket reviews
Laurence P.

"Adequate CRM with 0% chance of improving"

What do you like best?

It gets the job done. It is mostly user friendly and once you know how to use it, you can crank out phone calls (I am a BDC Rep).

What do you dislike?

The major dislike for this system is mainly the support behind it. I feel like there are a bunch of little things that could be easily fixed but are issues that are brushed over when a specialist observes at a dealership. It is frustrating how work notes are more of what I call “fluid” in the sense that it defaults to randomizing what notes pop up first. The search feature in Blackbird is not the most helpful. It is a bunch of small issues I have, but it comes back to that dealersocket will not change or improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It does the job, but not a lot of support

The ability to make your own filters has been good. I was able to make a filter for completed tasks in case an opportunity did not have a follow up.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about DealerSocket
Elizabeth H.

"DS Customization"

What do you like best?

DealerSocket is an extremely customizable database for client management and retention. I love that you can create your own categories for reports and break data up by easily altered filters. The automation is top-notch once you get it set up the way you want. There are ways to track just about everything and several 'at a glance' screens you can create to give you a good idea of your current standing. Your homepage can be personalized and built to showcase just about any data you want. The reminders are easy to set and change and it is consistent in correctly implementing all automated follow-up. There are several "set it and forget it" options in the system.

What do you dislike?

It is very labor-intensive to get it set up in the first place. Since it is very graphics-heavy, if you don't have fantastic internet, it lags or crashes on occasion. There are some delays in data updating. It does not have some very simple things I wish it did, such as a sticky note widget on the home screen, or the ability to block users from closing out files, but most of those things are planned for future.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared for a very intensive onboarding. It takes time and effort to tweak the system to the exact way you want it. Once you're there, it is quick and easy to change things and very effective for day to day operations.

DealerSocket makes it easier to keep track of your clients, their data, and follow-up than any CRM I have utilized in the past. It is much easier to reach out to a large group of people at once and to track the effectiveness. The individual emails can be tracked for open ratio, marketing campaigns can be tracked and structured however you choose. Files can pretty much only fall through the cracks due to user error.

What Car Dealer solution do you use?

Autumn K.

"Easy visuals but some small quirks"

What do you like best?

I love how it's fairly color coded which makes it easy for everyone to follow and easy to learn. The tutorials are also in a convenient location and give a lot of great tips.

What do you dislike?

It will occasionally give error messages if I have to minimize the window and go back. So I will have to log out and back in again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I used to use XRM with another company and definitely enjoy the ease of access with dealersocket far more. The customer support is also easily accessible via a chat button at the top of the screen.

Makes it way easier to follow up with customers because all of the notes can be seen in one location so I dont have to switch windows or click anything else to read the notes in the phone calls or other actions.

Christie W.

"They don't even know their own product"

What do you like best?

The sales piece of DealerSocket works great. It's simple to use and our sales agents and management team likes it.

What do you dislike?

The service piece IS AWFUL. Their own customer support barely understands how to use it, I literally showed THEM how to do things within the program. It's not user friendly and offers very little restrictions to help manage the schedule for our service advisors.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DON'T DO IT!

Our service departments struggle with this program for MANY reasons. The biggest problems are a.) the system doesn't take into account duration of an appointment vs. the time the store closes, so if there's a 3 hour service, it will let you book it 1 hour before close, b.) when you book a valet service with a loaner, it doesn't take that loaner out of the over all capacity, and there are so many others.

Colin C.

"It kept me right on track"

What do you like best?

Intuitive calls to action, allowing for easy, detailed reminders to be set. People joked that it was kind of like your wife! It just reminds you relentlessly every day of every single task you must complete. It allows you to reference you schedule and all other tasks when setting new ones, so you keep your workload balanced and consistent. It provides you with all the data, metrics and dashboards you need to understand your current position, and where you ought to be focusing. It is also perfectly synced with your work/personal email, and operates seamlessly in connecting that to your customer's emails. They even have an app that allows you to do over 60% of the features as the desktop version, and syncs with your phone as you make calls. It notes that a call was made, to whom it was made, and for how long. Dealer Socket also offers email templates, both customizable and preset that make your emails look that much more professional. They also allow you to sync with facebook and twitter, so you can connect social media to your scheduled customer blasts. Overall, dealersocket allowed our entire team at Applewood to work well together. We all understood the common platform and could help and talk to each other productively by utilizing it.

What do you dislike?

A few minor things where you set a repeating reminder and it has limited options.. but very rare.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool, probably one of the best in the business if youre in Car sales

Customer management, inventory, follow up

User in Automotive

"Not as good as VinSolutions"

What do you like best?

I like that click to call is integrated with the system and your recorded calls are automatically logged.

What do you dislike?

Overall, It's not as user-friendly as VinSolutions. Things aren't laid out in a straight-forward way. I also don't like that you can't move directly into filling out a credit app, but perhaps it's just my company wanting to use hand-written apps. Maybe there is a way to do this. I also don't like that I can't create an email signature without being an admin.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am impressed that click to call can be used in sync with DealerSocket. However, It's not as user-friendly and laid out as well as VinSolutions. It will get the job done. I don't see anyone having an issue with it that hasn't used a better CRM.

As with any CRM, you're able to log contact with your prospects and customers. You're able to see who said what when, create tasks for you to contact them and ensure that you earn your proper commission when you log your contact properly.

User in Automotive

"A staple that is still improving"

What do you like best?

The ease and simplicity of customer management meshed with all inclusive necessary tools and functions for lead connectivity. Reaching out to potential prospects has never been so streamlined.

What do you dislike?

The rather clunky interface, simply put. I understand there was a recent upgrade in UI layout. But the CRM tool continues to lag and the organization of particular elements remains an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a dealership that happens to be using a different CRM tool, I'd be surprised. DealerSocket is an industry staple and will continue to be for a very long time.

The speed at which I am.able to fire off a blast email campaign and simultaneously log inbound responses is amazing. Our clients seem to appreciate how prompt our team has become with the Blackbird CRM tool. Office morale is often at a a high due to increased positive reviews and guest comments.

UP
User in Printing

"Easy Peasy!"

What do you like best?

I love that it's easy to navigate, the font size is perfect and not too small and perfectly readable! I love that I can customize the home on my crm and it's easy to add and deselect things I don't necessarily need on there!

What do you dislike?

We have two accounts for different stores and it's a pain to go back and forth sometimes, so I keep two tabs open for each at all times. Unfortunately this does get in the way when needing to refresh, and also getting new fresh leads in at all different times.

I may click a task over and over and will delay and not opening the correct task and act as if it never was there. The one thing that drives me crazy is that once the intial lead is completed it automatically assumes I've contacted and spoke to them and the top portion will "Contacted" and I will physically have to change it all the time!

Cole R.

"Great organization "

What do you like best?

Love how organized everything is and how easy it is to use although I use the classic crm all the time instead of the updated version I find the newer version harder to use. Love how everything is accessible from my cell phone and can see reminders.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the newer crm version is, I find the older one easier and looks better

All my appointments are organized and I can set reminders to call certain people. Able to get more sales incorporating dealersocket into everything.

Krisna M.

"AMAZING"

What do you like best?

I loved that they integrated a texting feature. They also included an ID scan that was very helpful when with customers on the lot. These features cut down on a lot of time and gave us more time to interact with our customer.

What do you dislike?

I was less enthusiastic about the abundance of steps to set up a log. It was made very difficult to set up a round robin for the employees to get leads. As well, quite often the leads did not combine. The par t that I disliked the most though was that if you ever had a problem or question in regards to the software it was almost impossible to get a straight answer, if you even got to speak to anyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do a trial run first. It is easy to maneuver and is well known in the car industry but it is not for everyone.

We are more likely to interact with a customer now that we can text them.

"Antiquated and Limited"

What do you like best?

It helps us accomplish all of our basic CRM needs and it is built specifically for the automotive industry. This gives it features that are more relevant to our business and customer needs.

What do you dislike?

DealerSocket lacks intuitiveness and requires extensive training for many of our employees. Of course, any CRM requires good training, but a lack of user friendliness requires even more time with DealerSocket. In our business, time is money, and so is efficiency. This tool often hinders us in both categories. As a CRM, it's okay, but limited. As a marketing tool, it's poor. And the customer support from DealerSocket is awful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider other options carefully before diving into DealerSocket. This tool has traditionally been the default CRM for automotive dealerships, which has made them complacent and increasingly more difficult to influence and get customized help.

DealerSocket primarily serves as our company's CRM system. It helps us communicate with our customers at strategic times and organize employee tasks in order to serve our customers better. It also serves, to a degree, as an email and drip marketing tool for us.

"Black Bird makes it easy"

What do you like best?

Dealer sockets new platform Black bird makes it easy to set your home page up with the information you want, with little widgets. you can change the size to make it fit where you want to be bale to see it. You can set up emails, text or click to call from the app from your smart phone. Build list to email or call customer. They make it easy to add a task for yourself or others. You can set text alert to your phone for new leads or task to do.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that seems to be glitching currently is text. You have to opt them into text, which I understand. It does not seem to let you see if they are opting in to text or if you merge customers together and one was opted in and the other was not you will have to reopt them in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They have great support and they really help if you have issues. They are setting up to be the go to CRM for Auto sales

Follow up and put sales together

Laura H.

"DealerSocket, pros/cons"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of the system. It's very user friendly and easy to train employees on. Using Blackbird, searching for a client is bullet proof! I use this entry single day and look forward to watching it grow.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could pull up both of my dealerships under one screen. Right now, I have to keep stitching back and forth. After switching, I'll have to refresh my page a few times to see the right info.

It makes it easier to do my monthly reports.

"I would not recommend it!"

What do you like best?

Looks nice (doesn't mean useful) and has more stuff than some other CRM

What do you dislike?

The worst CRM I've tried so far. We've had it for more than a year now. Classic one and then Black Bird. Both of them are way too complicated for a regular person to use. Because of the same reason as well as a poor technical support it has a lot of bugs and glitches. It requires too much time from a sales person to input an information and keep CRM clean and working. So, sales people spend more time on CRM vs actually helping customers and selling cars.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't buy into a contract right away, try for a couple months and see how easy or hard it is for your sales people to learn that software.

Dan S.

"Robust and powerful; needs to keep evolving"

What do you like best?

You can pretty much do anything you imagine. The platform is very robust and feature-filled. The support staff will go to lengths to try and help do what you need to do. The platform can cover various aspects of automotive which eliminates the need for multiple platforms. There are so many aspects of a customer's experience that can be targeted and filtered and analyzed to produce powerful campaigns and lists to help further your sales and marketing initiatives.

What do you dislike?

DealerSocket needs to develop better integration with other programs and platforms. When a client uses other platforms and has to deal with data outside of DealerSocket, it becomes frustrating to not be able to sync that data. Eg: reflecting changes to a customer's file from one platform and having it update on DealerSocket can be difficult and sometimes impossible. I'm also sometimes frustrated when I contact their support team and find out that I've done something beyond their comprehension. Sometimes we imagine too big of ideas and try to do more than what DealerSocket is prepared to offer. It becomes a struggle to then have to be told either "sorry, we can't do that" or having to scale back our ideas.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have patience and make sure you communicate with their support staff. There's a lot of possibilities within DealerSocket and there's a lot to discover, but the complexity can also be daunting and you can get pretty lost.

DealerSocket provides us with a great way to manage and use customer data at our group of dealerships. DealerSocket's list-builder is very powerful.

Jasmine H.

"Easy to learn!"

What do you like best?

I liked how it tracked the activity on every lead we had in the system. I was able to see my activity there as well as my associates as well.

What do you dislike?

I felt like information can get lost sometimes..I'm not sure if that was user error or due to the product, but that was frustrating at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to try & learn it. There is a lot to it, and it is helpful.

Like I previously stated, I liked how I was able to track the activity on each lead, which made it nice to see what steps needed to be taken next. We saw much success from it.

Arianna L.

"Very easy to use and helpful in making sales"

What do you like best?

Dealer socket easily displays all the names and info of my client. It makes it easy for follow up calls.

What do you dislike?

I think the app could work a bit faster, but other than that it’s great!

I can keep my client info all in one neat place.

Sarah C.

"Incredible Tool for Communication, Accountability, and Information Gathering"

What do you like best?

Everything. I like the electronic secretary functionality, the line-item permissions, the lead management, the Dashboard, the reports; the list goes on.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I dislike, I dislike GREATLY. The email template editor is horrible. It is not WYSIWYG, no matter what it tells you, and the finished product never looks right.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! The compatibility is excellent and advancing. Support could be better trained, but if you are comfortable submitting your own HelpDesk tickets, this is less of an issue.

We are able to hold our employees accountable for our Sales and Service Processes, as well as appropriate follow up with customers. The ability to search our database for specific criteria through List Builder is incredibly useful to our marketing efforts, and RevenueRadar has allowed us to successfully work with our previous customers to increase sales and service business.

Brittney V.

"Efficient s helpful"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to search clients and gather a history no matter the sales rep.

What do you dislike?

The app could use a bit more love, it doesn’t integrate well with the desktop version. I would like to be able to scan a drivers license and see it upload every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be patient and learn the quirks. We sadly have switched away from dealersocket and as much as the new format is more appealing, dealersocket meets all the professional needs effectively.

It helps me keep organized with my customers and keep track of all meetings etc.

"It's not the worst dealer software out there."

What do you like best?

It allows you to keep all prospects in order and it keeps track of your appointments and upcoming outbound phone calls. The to-do section is a life saver.

What do you dislike?

The to-do section is finicky when it comes to updating. I can complete items on my to-do list, and they'll remain there. It gets cluttered and confusing.

Allows you to insert a vehicle into the prospects file straight from your inventory. & It allows you to call/text individuals straight from the program.

Crista H.

"CRM designed for the car business"

What do you like best?

DealerSocket is an excellent way to manage leads, follow up with customers and in the end sell more cars.

What do you dislike?

DealerSocket doesn't fully integrate with our CRM provider, CDK. This provides some delays in data transfer that are unfortunate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out third party integrations fully. We signed up under the impression our DMS was supported and it turns out it isn't.

Better customer follow up, better communication, close more leads.

Taylor B.

"The Best CRM in the Auto Industry"

What do you like best?

DealerSocket is at the forefront of the CRM market in the Auto Industry. They offer an all-in-one CRM solution that works with sales, finance, marketing, and service. With their recent acquisitions, they've extended their offerings to include a website service (DealerFire) a DMS (DealerTrack) and a couple others. Their customer service and support team is top notch as well.

What do you dislike?

They don't cater to the motorcycle industry that well, sometimes struggle to keep their service running quickly, and their GUI could use a facelift.

We're managing our leads and retaining our customers, automating our email, building and nurturing an email database, analyzing our dealerships performance, saving our sales and finance team time, finding new sales opportunities... The list goes on!

User in Automotive

"Dealersocket Did Not Work For Us! "

What do you like best?

I liked their e-brochures. They were awesome to send to customers! I also like the fact that you could tell when a customer was on the website and how it alerted you in the CRM. That was a good feature to let you know that your customer was still in the market and actually still shopping for a vehicle.

What do you dislike?

They did not have a good follow-up system. It was very hard to keep up with leads. The customer support was horrible. They treated you like a number instead of a customer

Their CRM did not work for us at all. They were no benefits in using the system. We changed from their company

Melody F.

"Customer Info Saver"

What do you like best?

Such a great way to store customer info and last purchases as well as service history!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about it! The features are great and it’s easy to use and very helpful working at a car dealership

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s much more than saving customer info.

It’s very easy to navigate!!!

Austin B.

"great"

What do you like best?

it keeps track of appointments for you and it comes with a very handy app so I can always check my appointments for the day before i get to work

What do you dislike?

it does not save every single sale you have after i believe 2 weeks

a great CRM system for our sales team

Herschel M.

"Great Comprehensive Solution"

What do you like best?

I like the CRM and wesbite integration. Very intuitive and helpful in the sales process.

What do you dislike?

I wish it would integrate leads from CRM into VAuto. Kind of cumbersome to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a hard look and realize that change is always tough but get through the initial growing pains and you will like the product

Follow up though CRM, making more sales, customer contact is easier.

Jessica D.

"DealerSocket has helped us manage our clients and their website performance."

What do you like best?

DealerSocket allows managers to download the performance of clients, customers and their information on their automotive purchase.

What do you dislike?

The interface is very sensitive with some load-time issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very user-friendly dashboard that has an excellent support staff!

The primary benefit is the ability to track every client and customer in detail with ease.

"CRM review"

What do you like best?

DealerSocket keeps you in contact with your clients and reminds you of purchasing dates and all contact you have had with them.

What do you dislike?

The newer model is slow and doesn’t provide ways to edit info properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Training is key to get the most out of this software.

This program allows you to be reminded when and how you should follow up with customers.

Grace M.

"A work in progress....."

What do you like best?

With the innovation of Black Bird, DS has begun to modernize.

What do you dislike?

Revenue Radar. The grading system for leads makes absolutely no sense. It needs to mimic Automotive Mastermind in terms of being a user-friendly interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Only use the revamp CRM, blackbird.

It’s slow, and Revenue Radar is impossible.

"Simply simple "

What do you like best?

Dealer socket CRM is the easiest crm I have every used. They are constantly making updates that’s makes out job easy.

What do you dislike?

The new look is a bit confusing. But I will figure it out.

"Dealersocker review "

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate, good originating abilities, and user friendly

What do you dislike?

Search function doesn’t work well, and the crm/dealer carry over doesn’t work well. For instance Bmw infobahn transporting notes back to crm.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great Crm

Good note keeping, tasks work well, able to create a schedule for calls and appointments

"Dealersocket is easy"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, not a busy interface. Customer service is very quick and helpful

What do you dislike?

Sometimes certain alerts within the program don't work correctly or there are duplicates of the same customer

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure there are limitations to what sales consultants can do and change, just make sure the proper people have the right permissions

Definitely customer over lap is a problem. I do like that it's simple to merge, but tedious

"Worst CRM in the business"

What do you like best?

I did like their email template marketplace

What do you dislike?

I dislike their customer service. Also, the program is so complicated to use. The marketing tools are way to complicated for the average user. It takes multiple clicks to look at customer history. Just a bad product overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Seek advice from other dealerships using DealerSocket. Don't take anyone's word for it. Get details on what works and why.

It was too complicated to use. We lost money.

Erik T. B.

"Simple to use"

What do you like best?

The flow is good and reduces paperwork. Good data base

What do you dislike?

Flipping through the pages. I wish all I needed to do was on a single page

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Training is essential with follow up

Ease of contacting and maintaining my customer base

User in Automotive

"The marketing abilities in DealerSocket are great."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of sending out bulk marketing emails. The tracking of those emails and ability to gauge campaign success based on several key KPIs.

What do you dislike?

Support. DealerSocket support is slow to resolve issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The product is great just know support is lacking.

We are able to continually be back in front of our unsold database and mine our current customers who are coming back into market.

C

"BLACK BURN DEALERSOCKET REVEIW"

What do you like best?

This is a very good program I love how they actually give you a certain amount of tasks to do everyday

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes when you want to log someone it doesn’t delete or detect duplicate customers

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it for dealership use only

Keeping track of customers and and there needs

"Not as good as others"

What do you like best?

It has become basic. Training is dated. Material expensive and reps dont call back

What do you dislike?

Lack of support from company. It is very expensive to bring in corporate traung to the dealership and the answers to our questions are not always answered

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Update crm to eliminate classic version

Documentation is kept long term

AM

"Terrible Customer Service"

What do you like best?

It integrates with the dealer ERP, but not much beyond that.

What do you dislike?

Maddie from their customer service team has a terrible attitude and is unhelpful. This is especially bad given the clunky interface and lack of documentation.

Trying to increase sales and develop process.

User in Automotive

"Dealersocket is my favorite CRM "

What do you like best?

how integrated and user friendly the system is

What do you dislike?

That you can't swipe from customer to customer in the customer screen

How to organize the customers. The ability for desk managers to update the internet and sales man on incoming and working customers.

C

"Nice streamlined software."

What do you like best?

Makes it easy to manage customer data base. Click to call is really great for record keeping.

What do you dislike?

Can be glitchy some times, unsure if it is connection issues or software itself.

Great to get customers to the correct salesman.

User in Automotive

"Robust variable software "

What do you like best?

The ability to see what happened and when

What do you dislike?

Not very applicable to fixed operations due to design

Haven't had any to resolve with the application it is used for in our company

AN
Administrator in Newspapers

"Far from the worst..?"

What do you like best?

Socket talk and text with email opt ins.

What do you dislike?

Lack of full control with task assignment and what’s sent when.

Learning about DealerSocket?

* We monitor all DealerSocket reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.