Core Reviews & Product Details

What is Core?

BQE Core is an integrated cloud-based solution that offers business accounting, time tracking, project management, and business intelligence. Core supports a wide range of industries, including accounting, architect firms, engineering, legal services and many more. You can access BQE Core from any browser or device and experience full functionality, the native mobile apps includes iPhone and Android devices. Core also carries over 200 customizable report templates to generate different invoice types from; retainer, recurring, hourly, fixed, per complete and more.

Core Screenshots

Core Reviews

1-15 of 15 total Core reviews
Finance Manager & IT Manager

"Satisfied user"

What do you like best?

I have been using CORE for 8-10 months now, and I am currently transferring data from the old system to the new. The more I work with it, the more I am feeling confident in my choice. Customer support has been wonderful especially in the past two days and I am now ready to bring all my projects on board.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. I have some things that I would like to see, and hopefully when I have everything running under CORE, I'll be able to ask for things that I think would be beneficial to all users. One is reporting. I think there are some reports that we should be able to get without having to pay for them. If the reports are done with a reporting software, maybe give the users the ability to write their own using crystal reporting or something along those lines. One thing that I think they could really improve on is integration with Office 365, Outlook especially... then I wouldn't have to reenter my address book. They currently integrate with QB online, but I'd like them to eventually integrate with QB Desktop. I will be using both QB Enterprise and CORE for accounting. QB mainly for payroll, then doing journal entries into CORE. All QB will be doing accounting wise.... is me entering high level invoice $$$'s and hopefully getting rid of the desktop version completely and just use QB on-line payroll. Doing payroll general journal entries into CORE is not that big of an issue for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No software is going to be exactly what you are currently used to. You hope that the software options only get better as you move forward. CORE handles our firms current needs. Do I hope in the future it keeps moving forward... yes. Do I hope that users will have some say in future updates, I hope so. I have some suggestions already that I think will make this software even better than it already is.

Our problems where running on an archaic system that was no longer supported. It has been running on a virtual machine. It could crash any time and we would be in a world of hurt. My firm had no choice but to start looking for something to replace it. I researched many options.... All had some of what we needed but not everything. I chose the one that I thought was easiest to learn and easiest to educate the others in my office. Is CORE everything I need...., no it isn't, but there is nothing out there that is exactly like what you are currently using. Change is good. Currently all the employees are just on the time/expense module but I hope to bring the PM's on slowly to other modules where they will be able to allocate/budget hours to phases.

Information Technology Specialist

"BQE Core has become the ideal ally that I was looking for."

What do you like best?

With a friendly and flexible interface that BQE Core has, it has been able to minimize all the complex requirements of the billing process of our company. Since we have customers that require detailed invoices. This is ideal for before taking CORE, it took us a long time to be able to invoice these types of clients.

I can also say that the tracking system of expenses that this software has been unique and ideal, allowing the administrative team to track expenses in real time. Apart from this, it has functions that are useful when managing a project.

I have the complete certainty that this software has given me a place as regards the management of my company, since this software gives me the useful and necessary tools to analyze in detail each one of the projects that we are carrying and with it Understand which are the projects that need more attention and the profitability of each one.

This software has also surprised me since I did not expect much from this, when we acquired it, it was more thought that it could be a software more than the amount, nevertheless when we began to show the shortcomings in the reports that it gave us, we could correct time and save us a lot of money, which had been difficult throughout the life of the company.

For me it is important to note that the technical support team of BQE has been patient, professional and excellent, taking time for each error that appeared in the system and not only solved it but also kept track of each case.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I firmly believe that the use of BQE Core is essential for every business, its value is a bit high but it is worth having it, if you are reading these lines, I would certainly recommend that you consider this system in your options. When you buy it for sure you will not regret it.

Core has become a vital ally for my company because it allows me to track in real time the entire portfolio of clients that the company has in order to analyze the line of credit that was granted to each one along with the expiration date of this, this in order to be able to correct at the time.

Executive Assistant

"Core is very user friendly."

What do you like best?

Core is very user friendly. We used BillQuick for over two years then switched to Core. We find Core much easier to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I think the difficulties I have are related to needing a better understanding of the program. I can’t say I have anything I like least about it except for the speed. I think the slowness is due to our Wi-Fi system.

I only use Time and Billing and again, am very pleased with the program. I learn more about it every time I call Customer Support. This has helped us streamline our time and expense tracking and of course with the help of Core we can send invoices to our clients quickly.

Junior Software Engineer

"It is an open source and cross platform framework for building modern cloud internet application."

What do you like best?

It is flexible when being deployed whereby it can be installed in your application or either be installed in your application.

It is a cross platform as it can run on windows, Mcos and Linux.

It is an open source system which uses the MIT and the Apache 2 licenses.

One can add or remove features from core in which it makes it easy for the user with thus more productivity and perfomance.

I my past use of core its setup was much easier and straightforward.

once you get to learn and understand about it, it becomes much easier for you when using it.

What do you dislike?

Its documentation is much wide in which one can not depict changes in the latest core models.

Its not easy to work with if you are a new user as it requires information on how it works making it so hard to learn easily and understand

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i would recommend core to companies with cloud based internet connections as it protects data and information so well making it more reliable and dependable to use.

Core offers a simplified and a much easier ISO consulting services for small businesses making it more productive and therefore more profit margins.

Strategy Director

"Unstable platform and poor organisation"

What do you like best?

The sales process was very good, multiple demos and trial licences

What do you dislike?

We have not long implemented BQE Core for time recording and billing in an establish service business. The implementation process has been quite bumpy and their responsiveness has been patchy. Worst of all as above they have removed the functionality to record time offline on the mobile app as they have introduced a bug into the live environment. This functionality is one of our primary requirements as our workforce is mobile. Their handling of this issue has been genuinely appalling and has exposed how poor their governance structures are. They are far more focused on adding new functionality rather than offering a stable functional platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't

None

"Core "

What do you like best?

Interface is attractive and easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

Lots of issues with security settings and access, printing, core updates that delete our existing information or files, information being moved around or lost, being incompatible with quickbooks. Help desk is useless, usually the resolution is having to "fix" bugs in the system. All of these issues are not due to lack of training or user error (which we've had and costs additional $$) these are program deficiencies that have not been resolved. This is not a new program, but feels like it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buyer Beware, this is a lot investment and training for a program that has many bugs and can be an extremely frustrating experience. Especially if you are an owner, you may find you are spending way more time working out these issues than the time program is supposed to save you. If you are already invested in quick books, and need something that works seamlessly, this may be the wrong program for you.

Ability to track job costing and manage hourly and fixed projects.

Administrative Associate

"Core is flexible to use"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of CORE invoicing has made our complex billing requirements to a minimum. We have customers that need invoices with three levels of tiered structure. Prior to CORE, it used to take us a lot of time to do billing and that time has been cut down extremely by CORE. Of course, we do like CORE's simple Time + Expense tracking and other Project Management features.

What do you dislike?

Would like to have CORE payroll module sooner then later, because that will cut our needs for using multiple applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use! Awesome service to track time and expenses, billing, and all other business needs.

Streamlined billing and efficient time and expense tracking

Project Manager | Engineering Technologist, Buildings and Renewable Energy
Renewables & Environment

"A very intuitive and comprehensive time and project management resource"

What do you like best?

Multiple ways to view, enter and edit time entries (weekly or by individual entries). The expense tracking allows us to bill our individual expenses directly to projects (no more expense spreadsheets!)

What do you dislike?

The interface can be overwhelming at first for new users, and may take time to learn the ropes and all of the features that Core offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to learn all of the features.

It has simplified our time management and expense tracking tasks for all of our employees

AR

"Easy Software to use"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and connects people. It helps you to organize projects in an efficient manner. It also allows you to track all issues in a single place.

What do you dislike?

User administration can be hard to use. The work flow management is difficult to get working. The reporting seems to be outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time to learn the software as parts of it are tricky.

It has helped to organize and track our work. The tools provided are a little hard to understand.

Owner/Operator

"Great resource!"

What do you like best?

Ease of inputting time in through the time card function. Great customer support. Love being able to check client budgets in real time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system had glitches, but customer support is always quick to correct.

Time tracking for client billing. Time savings and efficiency across team.

UF

"Great"

What do you like best?

It’s a very flexible and organized program. It truly has something for everyone and should be easy to use no matter who is using it. Helps to keep us organized and very time oriented/managed. They also have some very understanding and professional customer service options.

What do you dislike?

The occasional bugs or glitches are very bothersome and cause a lot of frustration but it’s easy to fix and customer service is always happy to help reboot.

Track clients and very efficient and easy to track.

CI
(5001-10,000 employees)

"My Core Experience in business"

What do you like best?

Core is very useful software which is fully integrated and highly secure where we can use this to store all customer conversations and to satisfy the customers by increasing the growth of the business.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the application gets crashed and unable to perform the service on time as it takes long time to respond for some actions.

flexible

High quality consultation and training

Scalable

Deliver comprehensive customer reports

kind of engineer

"about learning experience"

What do you like best?

the document is easy to understand, and the ui interface is also good

What do you dislike?

need to spend more time to learn the basic concept.

it fits our services

(10,001+ employees)

"Core is really useful and easy to learn."

What do you like best?

What I like best about core is how I can always count on it to track my buys efficiently.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike is how finicky it can be sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You’ll love it!

Core helps me keep track of all the credits we take from networks.

CC

"Good all in one suite "

What do you like best?

Easy integration through sales, p.o. and order mgmt

What do you dislike?

Takes a bit of getting used to and awkward UI to begin with for traditional can type tool users

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider it as a holistic solution than piece meal

Cpg