ClearCare Reviews & Product Details

ClearCare Overview

What is ClearCare?

ClearCare, a WellSky® company, is the leading web-based operating platform for personal care agencies. Our secure, HITRUST CSF Certified platform powers over 4,000 agencies, including 8 of the largest 10 personal care enterprises, which in turn employ over 600,000 caregivers. In addition to powering all of the day-to-day operating functions of a personal care agency, ClearCare's Family Room and caregiver portals coordinate members of a patient or client's care team. ClearCare Home Connect APIs and business intelligence tools enable personal care enterprises to standardize and optimize their proprietary best practices and connect to health plans and providers.

ClearCare Details

Web-Based Scheduling, Marketing, Billing, and Communications Software serving non-medical home care agencies.

ClearCare
2010
San Francisco, CA
@Clear_Care

ClearCare Videos

ClearCare Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the ClearCare community
Have you used ClearCare before?

ClearCare Reviews

Showing 120 ClearCare reviews
Already have ClearCare?
Manager
Individual & Family Services
What do you like best?

Clear is a all in one system. They have several partnerships with other vendors. It is easy to bill though ACH draft and credit cards. We can do this all with a click of a button, once we verify that the rates are entered in correctly. This also allows us to run payroll. I can verify my employee's payroll and export a file and upload it to my payroll company. I also run the custom gross profit report daily. The scheduling dash board is very important to our operation. We can open shifts and send out a shift request to multiple caregivers at once. They have the opportunity to Accept or Decline. It sends out shift reminders to the caregivers the day before the shift. We have the ability to change the time they go out. The systems sends missed clocked in notifications via email and SMS. Shifts that are complete show up in green. Shifts that have a missed clock in show up red. It integrates with our applicant tracking system which is Hireology. When someone applies it automatically enters their information into Clear Care. It also is integrated with ChrecR which is the criminal background check company. We use all this to track new applicants. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The community pages is difficult to find what I am looking for sometimes. I really wish it would transfer all of Hireology's tracking information into Clear Care. The way the invoices print out can be a little difficult to understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Clear Care is easy to schedule and bill. I suggest you try to negotiate rates. Also consider what you are receiving for your money. If a software is cheaper and does not deliver what you need than it is not any good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me onboard new caregivers quicker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communications Supervisor
What do you like best?

I love that the ClearCare team is quick, responsive, and always willing to help with new projects and dissect any new problems we might encounter in the system. As the manager of our Marketing and Communications Team at Senior Solutions Home Care, I am just as impressed by the quality of their systems as I am by the professional approach that comes from every member of their team. I have worked most closely with Justin Hanzlik and Roger Dong, and find that both of them are exemplary representatives of the ClearCare Team. With Justin, our team is always made aware of new projects on the horizon and new capabilities that can assist us in our growth trajectory and future goals, especially as those relate to API and automation development. We can always count on Justin to communicate with us in a timely fashion. With Roger, I have had the pleasure of coordinating presentations and details for upcoming events, and find that Roger is incredibly helpful, willing to collaborate and provide assistance on any upcoming project, and extremely communicative and quick to follow up. ClearCare is a huge asset to my team, especially through our ability to build and download custom reports that we can use for mass uploads and property categories in other systems, such as HubSpot. Since Senior Solutions is an agency with 1200+ clients and 800+ active caregivers, it is so important to us that these tools function and that they function well. Thank you to ClearCare for providing these tools and for always adding new features that give us better insight into both our client and our caregiver populations! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My dislike is more of an indirect like, if we're being honest. ClearCare does not always have API connectivity set up with some of our other partners, such as Relias or Paylocity, but their Development and Customer Success Teams are always willing to collaborate and work with our team to provide us with the tools we need for custom builds. We appreciate the ability to build a custom ecosystem that works for us, and we are so grateful to work with a ClearCare Team that provides us with the tools we need to get started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to the Customer Success Team to ask questions and express any initial doubts! They are a very helpful team and can help you make a decision about what is best for your agency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ClearCare custom reporting allows my team to do mass uploads of contacts in our CRM, HubSpot, which alleviates the constant headache of single uploads (especially since we have thousands of contacts that change frequently). Though my team does not use some of these other tools often, several of our other departments benefit greatly from Change in Condition reporting, which allows us to really stay true to our care management and quality assurance promises to our clients and their families. It also gives our caregivers quick and easy tools to be an advocate for their client's health and safety. Other departments also enjoy the benefits of the Care Coordination and Care Match Criteria features, as they allow us to communicate with other avenues of senior care more efficiently and to staff our clients with appropriate caregivers respectively. One of my favorite simple (but effective!!!) features of ClearCare is our ability to send mass messages that can go to our caregivers' emails and cell phones simultaneously. This has been a major relief when I need to make company-wide announcements, especially since many of our caregivers only check one device over the other. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The scheduling module is intuitive and very effective at helping us staff shifts and ensure that we're utilizing all of the hours authorized for our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

ClearCare does not currently have medication documentation functionality that we need for compliance in our state. As a result, our caregivers still need to use paper forms. It would be great to have an integrated medication administration record (MAR). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ClearCare is the best technology solution available for in-home care agencies. Although there is not a solution available that meets all of our business and compliance needs, ClearCare has a steady flow of enhancements and new features that seem to be on the right track. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ClearCare has enabled us to gather meaningful data about our caregiver and client acquisition pipelines. The reporting and analytics have given us great visibility to some opportunities and risks we wouldn't have otherwise known about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

ClearCare is always looking for value added features that make our work life easier and less expensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I only wish that worker's compensation program was available to agencies with smaller payrolls, that is, annual payroll under $400,000. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a leading edge CRM/Scheduling/Receiveable/Payables software program to make running your business as easy as possible, ClearCare is the best choice among the competition. You'll be glad you chose ClearCare! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Invoicing and logging payments is easy and the seamless transition with Quickbooks is an asset. Scheduling is so much easier to do plus caregiver matching helps eliminate the guessing game as to which caregivers are best suited to clients. Reports are fantastic and meet the reporting requirements for LTC insurance. Analytics are so helpful in developing strategic plans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

User friendly dashboard, comprehensive data capturing and reporting, convenient scheduling tools, and access to immediate answers and guidance via ClearCare University. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No option for document creation or adaption, community task and reporting is not efficient for multiple shifts a day, Caregiver rating system could use a points system upgrade, and Assessment tool would benefit from a level or care rating system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s the most comprehensive software available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling, tracking, time recording, invoicing... so much! It’s a must have! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

solid online client management software, with industry leading features and a platform that is consistently improving the produce and value for the end user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

limited connectivity to other toolsets. They are actively working that issue, but still a ways from where it needs to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would absolutely recommend ClearCare to others. It is best of bread in the space as far as I have seen and improving all the time. No piece of software is perfect, but the ClearCare team's commitment to improvement is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client/caregiver scheduling and care management. it enables us to provide care to our clients. it is an essential piece of what we do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

ClearCare provides a one stop shop for the management of clients and staff. From scheduling, billing, payroll, HR and pertinent information regarding clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Need a more robust system that tracks caregiver "time and attendance." A system that clearly defines hours worked before rounding for payroll. This is a DOL requirement in the State of NH Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling, billing, payroll. Validation, accuracy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EH
What do you like best?

Clear Care is intuitive. This makes it easy to use for all of our team members. The system is easy to learn and master. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some new features are not always adopted. There are occasional support lapses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling and communications with caregivers are simplified. Tracking referrals by the source is easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Care Provider Excellence
What do you like best?

I like that it gives you all the information you need within seconds. I like that it alerts you when there is a problem such as a Caregiver being late to a client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there is nothing that I dislike about the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Using ClearCare will not only help you run your business but it will save you production time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have to create graphs and detailed metric reports for my boss. ClearCare helps me with this project and save me hours of valuable time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The reports are great - I like that I can customize my reports to meet my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I can't add "tags" to messages. It would be easier if we were able to do that, so we wouldn't have to enter it twice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The ease the caregivers find with using the Mobile App Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's much easier for me to see how many caregivers are hired. I created a report to assist the Branch Administrators complete the KPI reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is an efficient scheduling software and the billing/payroll are easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't communicate with anything. We would LOVE to send the ClearCare calendar to Google Calendar since that is what we use, but there is no way to do that so we have to maintain two calendars now. It doesn't help with sending LTC information. The main issue is that there is a way to do everything, but not always the way you need it to work and there is no customization. Also, how come there is no projected income report or overtime report for each week. Those are two HUGE KPIs that people would like to access. Also, the app only being able to be accessed through one email address per account for a caregiver is difficult. Caregivers work for multiple agencies, it's the reality. They are usually not the most tech savvy or email literate, but they are required to create new emails for each agency? How is that going to help their success. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to schedule easily and fairly intuitively. The communication works pretty well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Clearcare has the best online family portal. It allows families to know what is going with clients far away Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Clearcare won’t allow you to after you deactivate a client to go back and see who was actually on a shift Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me manage my client base and let’s me know what caregivers have been to certain clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Keeping track of profiles that need to be updated for caregivers and client, much easier to keep track of! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a "alert when scheduling" tab. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

make sure to have scheduled out the appropriate amount of time to make the switch over. (Data entree) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

communicating with caregivers through the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Clearcare keeps all our employee information in one location, we can track recruiting and all HR records along with all documentation on each specific candidate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Finding general log notes can be difficult if they are not tagged properly. So being sure to always add a tag to your note and remembering what tag you use. That will make searching later on for a log note much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have had to contact clear care to resolve a few issues over the last few years such as adding certain tag, changing the HR sections to fit our companies needs, also when doing searches for employees it needs to be specific or that person may not show up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The opportunity for family members to communicate with staff providing care via the "Family Room." Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Outdated and clunky UI that sometimes doesn't push updated information to staff/caregivers working in the field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask for a 30 day trial and see for yourself. In my experience there were MAJOR flaws for software providing vital daily health information though admittedly not in a "clinical" setting. There needs to be a reliable way to update client/customer information and reliability was sorely lacking with ClearCare. Not to mention the clunky way of updating and adding information to specific dates and times for each client. There's got to be a better way . . . likely for you and your clients and customers too. Buyer beware. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ClearCare is considered to be the "industry standard" if not the industry leader. Makes me mourn how far we have to go before we have quality software in the hands of the people who need these tools who are working in-home providing essential daily home health care. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

For the most part I really love using clear care. Clear care has the best customer service, they are user friendly and pretty straight forward. What I like a lot of about clear is that everything is very big and bold and it's easy to find what you are looking for. From caregivers, to clients to information; you can search exactly what you're looking for Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Clear Care has a lot of glitches which can be very irritating. The software has also been down quite a few times for hours at a time which then makes work very difficult. I have noticed a lot of the same glitches when trying to save notes and I will type up an entire paragraph and clearcare has an error and will not save my note. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Clearcare is a great program and popular & I think they are headed in the right direction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love clearcare because again, it is easy to manage & the caregivers as well really like using the program. They can see their schedule and all client information and it makes it easy especially for our older generation caregivers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

We have the ability to create reports, set schedules, communicate with employees and set task lists all in one place and there is no need for any additional programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it does not run fast enough for my personal liking, probably due to the capacity of the database, but really, that is my only complaint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are so many more ways to utilize Clear Care that we haven't even tapped into yet, but so far, we are seeing that it will basically run matches for our Caregivers and Clients and we don't have to rely on who knows who or who has what particular skill. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator
What do you like best?

I like the functionality as it allows us to clearly communicate with our staff 24/7 as well as tracking client activity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything I can think of at this time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Utilize as much training as possible for maximum potential Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am not solving any problems as of now. One benefit is that our staff can review their schedules at any time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clinical Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

Messaging feature is just wonderfully great am able to stay connected to clients am also able to see the entire weeks work schedule for myself and everyone wherever i am. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dont think if it is a good idea to pay for a setup absolutely displeased about paying for the setup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The best way to stay connected to patients and making appointments schedule with patients also great for emergency contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Messaging and emailing clients as well as scheduling them for appointments as well as clients and staff communication as we are also able to access system information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Clear Care is easy to navigate. It is user friendly and easy to understand. I love the navigation tool (provides driving directions and a satellite view of our clients home/facility). Very helpful for CAREGivers and easy for them to use to print out client assessments and weekly or monthly schedules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally we are unable to log in and it does tie up our hands at work since we rely heavily on this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes our work more efficient. Once in a while our CAREGivers get lost on their way to a new clients home and the navigation/map function makes it so easy for me to instruct them how to get to their destination. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Manager
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

Everything about this software is amazing. It is very user friendly, it is very organized, it has many features competing software programs to not have. In my honest opinion this is a very dialed in and useful tool in the Home Care Industry. The messaging feature is definitely the best, this feature saved me a lot of time and a lot of headache. Also it made looking at "The Big Picture" a breeze, being able to see an entire week worth of schedules for EVERYONE on one page was a huge help when it came to scheduling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When we were using it there wasn't much in the way of going completely paperless, that is why we switched and now, as I understand, the are paperless and have all of those features, I wish we could go back to using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider this company first, do not go elsewhere. This Software program is the best in the business. They are constantly moving forward and using new ideas and technology available, they are reliable, useful, and efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This Software made it easy to communicate with our care staff and clients, the messaging/emailing system saved me, as the scheduler, a lot of time. I wish my current software had that feature. I could also get empty/open shifts filled quickly and more efficiently by using the feature which allowed me to see the entire week at a time on one screen. It made scheduling a breeze, that way I could spend more time on other tasks. This software made it very easy to do my job, when I can do my job efficiently I can be more productive to my company and do more for my care staff and our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and very helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of glitches that come and go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ClearCare goes down a lot. It is helpful with scheduling clients and caregivers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Associate
What do you like best?

ClearCare provides a holistic experience that rarely falters, allowing caregivers to work remotely with little hassle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Given how complete the app is, I'm surprised there isn't a way to contact your employer in case of an issue with your shift. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The obvious problem with having hundreds of employees work remotely is the burden of managing clock-in and clock-out, as well as personal notes and mileage recording. ClearCare streamlines all of that into a single process that doesn't require a phone call or another employee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staffing Manager
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

It was easy to create schedules and edit user information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was not the best for doing payroll and billing aspects of work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It was easy to schedule with Clearcare Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.