MatrixCare Home Health and Hospice Reviews & Product Details

MatrixCare Home Health and Hospice Overview

What is MatrixCare Home Health and Hospice?

MatrixCare HomeCare, Home Health and Hospice is a comprehensive EHR solution providing the ideal combination of a cloud-based back-office system and iPad point-of-care app. Designed for clinicians by clinicians, it is easy, intuitive and efficient for the clinician, yet complete with powerful features that maximize documentation accuracy and compliance. MatrixCare is committed to innovation and patient-centric interoperability in the post-acute industry.

MatrixCare Home Health and Hospice Details

MatrixCare is a cloud-based home care software solution designed to help you manage your agency with features to help you manage sales efforts, marketing activities, and more.

As the only EHR provider in the industry to focus on the entire care continuum, we're dedicated to helping providers improve operational efficiencies and provide exceptional care.

MatrixCare is pleased to be part of ResMed’s connected network. Together, we’re creating a seamless experience that enables providers to improve care throughout an individual’s healthcare journey.

MatrixCare
1982
Bloomington, MN
@MatrixCare

MatrixCare Home Health and Hospice Videos

MatrixCare Home Health and Hospice Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the MatrixCare Home Health and Hospice community
Have you used MatrixCare Home Health and Hospice before?

MatrixCare Home Health and Hospice Reviews

Showing 42 MatrixCare Home Health and Hospice reviews
Already have MatrixCare Home Health and Hospice?
What do you like best?

It is web based and staff have the whole patient record in their hands. They can synch their tablets with cell service or wifi and the upgrades and updates are automatically sent out by Matrixcare. We do not have to download or install anything. Matrixcare is up to date and knowledgeable of our home health industry, the challenges we face, the regulations and laws that govern us and what we need the EMR to do. They regularly hold webinars to update clients on their developments, new regulations coming and how they are meeting them. The customer service is responsive and friendly. New staff learn the system fairly quickly which was a huge change form our last vendor. We can incorporate faxes and printed documents into the electronic medical record. The system has checks and balances to ensure we are meeting all of our policies, physician orders and regulation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Matrixcare continuously updates their system with new features and developments, suggestions form clients, new industry rules and changes. Being able to carry over more information (current medications and care plans) from one chart to the next as with a payer change would be fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have increased our overall efficiency and processing greatly since we started using Matrixcare. We were able to realize an almost completely electronic medical record (EMR). We were able to have every field staff member use a tablet and have the EMR with them while they travel home to home for care. Electronic records can be viewed by every employee form a secure web based site. Filing, faxing, billing, payroll are more automated and efficient. We can fax out of the system as well which is more efficient. Physician orders are sent out and returned much faster which in turn can be billed faster. We had many manual QA processes that are either incorporated directly into the system and organized on a task list or are electronic now and more efficient. New staff members re onboarded quicker with shorter training times and less time to become proficient. Synching was often troublesome and information was sometimes lost for field staff that needed to be retyped, that does not happen with Matrixcare. There is much less time troubleshooting devices. Our old system used laptops and they were expensive, heavy and cumbersome. They often had issues with connection, batteries, viruses and we eliminated this with the tablets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Most of all, I am impressed with the stability of both the AFO as well as the Mobile Point of Care Platform. This has been of most importance for our field clinicians, as well as our front office staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some areas that are currently being worked on. I wouldnt say there is anything I dislike, more like areas of improvement.

Would like to see more automation within the AFO, for instance, missed visit notification, having this automated to send to physicians.

Would like to see consent forms be able to be signed on the iPad and be tracked within the AFO.

Would like ability to batch efax documents, so a physician would get all of their faxes with one cover sheet, instead of multiple documents with each of their own fax cover sheet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reach out to other agencies that are currently using MatrixCare. There are always new updates to help make the product even better. There are a lot of items on the roadmap that will really enhance the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We realized early on when switching to MatrixCare that it truly was going to be a long term partnership. MatrixCare listens. We have been working closely with leadership at MatrixCare to enhance the product. We have worked intimately with the team on the multiple beta projects that are out there. These beta tests, will then go into General Release for all agencies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Innovative, strategic and invested in customer feedback and growth in the industry. They test betas so releases go seamlessly. They have a supportive Customer Service team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently working on improvements in the AFO side of the product. Payroll and streamlining time collection. Order management and batch sending to decrease volume to our referral sources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Utilization of data and reporting in a dashboard format. MyAnalytics development have provided us an at a glance opportunity to view data and develop strategic focus on areas of improvement. Streamlining the timesheet process and its view in both IPAD and AFO to assure ease with processing payroll has been ongoing with improvements to assure timely accurate payroll submission. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

iPad point of care solution and quick synching Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

lack of customization in documentation; lack of ability to test prior to update Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Transitioning to paperless chart; greater efficiency of referral process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clinical Dietitian
What do you like best?

I liked that it was mostly user friendly. There were a few data pieces that were difficult to find, but it didn't take me long to become familiar with the software. I also liked that you could edit/revise your chart notes. There were multiple sections that covered each medical area, making it easy to get a comprehensive overview for my nutrition assessment charting. You can also create assessment templates which saves a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The program didn't work as well on specific browsers, such as Internet Explorer. It took time to disable pop-up blockers to get reports to load. Some health information was not intuitive to find and it took time to search for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would have no problem recommended MatrixCare. I have used other electronic health records, including PointClickCare and Meditech. I prefer MatrixCare to PointClickCare (more user friendly), and would say it's comparable to Meditech. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used MatrixCare for nutrition assessments in a long-term care facility. It was extremely convenient to have almost all of the medical data in one place, especially being a large facility. It made assessments go quickly. All users have access to this centralized data. A big time-saving benefit is the ability to create templates specific to your needs and requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The support team is amazing! With the endless problems that come with this system, the support team is always there to help us find a resolution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software is dated. We use it as an in home care business and our caregivers call in daily to report problems with the mobile feature. They can’t login, the system resets their password, they can’t access their schedule...endless problems. As a back user, I personally handle the quickbooks transactions. The allocations MatrixCare has for this makes absolutely no sense. Tax season is a nightmare with my accountant because we spend most of our time trying to decipher what MatrixCare has done with the accounting metrics. Scheduling feature is a joke. They say you can “match” a caregiver to a client. Not so much. Unless you put in exactly the caregivers availability, then everyone appears available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Honestly none. We are just waiting for our contract to end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nursing Supervisor
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

I like how this software offers the ability to upload patient pictures hence making it easier to identify them when giving medication, especially for those nurse who did not know the patients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very good system with nothing to dislike though improvement can always be made. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use system with robust features and I therefore highly recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With this software you can easily transfer a profile from one level of care to the other,this software has also made documentation to be a simple and easy thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Certified Nursing Assistant
What do you like best?

Gives you multiple choice questions and answers for each resident leaving little room for errors in care Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally system glitches as well as needs a comment or additional note section for each resident Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very quick and easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Makes giving report quicker which means more time to take care of residents Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

I like that they are commonly used in the medical billing software world Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are used so much that if you need any special changes for your organizational needs, you might not get it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it’s a good product, see what your company’s needs are and meet with a rep. They have been around for a long time and have great support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the problem of growing fast as a company and the benefits are that we can store up to 50 docs per resident and add notes. Each residents information lives in one spot that we did not have with our last company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

All charting needs are within the program! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lack of ease to pull up all facility admit discharge reports at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instead of having multiple charting programs open, I just find all of my notes and therapy notes in MatrixCare and document my sent clinicals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a simple use program. Clinical information is easy to search for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to look up specific notes. A searchable or category feature would be very helpful and time saving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's simple and quick use allows for expediant processing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CH
What do you like best?

Working among the Senior Care communities I can only give you a report of what has been share with me when a community has used your software. They have enjoyed the user-friendliness of the operating system. This increase time management and allow the staff to complete other tasks and give more attention to the residents normally not able to be completed due to the other ways they use to handle tasks. I believe that that point alone should give you insight on hold this operating system will give you the advantage to deliver quality care and that alone is a value within is self.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any dislikes shared with me thus far. The Only thing I can share is that a little more time on training them on how the system works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

At this time it is only my clients that are using MatrixCare, they love the ease of how it make their job earier in managing their residents Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Scheduling options, working in the schedule calendar Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes to populate patient information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Works very well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling, staffing, inputting patient demographics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Associate
Consumer Goods
What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can clock in and out on my phone using matrix, add tasks that were completed during my shift, and getting signatures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn’t allow me to put in progress notes for the client, or document mileage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to use this program efficiently and accurately. Being able to clock in and out on my smartphone is a great benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Simple navigation. Makes my job easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I like everything about it. Great program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Patient care Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoy the fact that it is easy to navigate through out the system. They have many functions for the whole company to use. You can do invoices for residents or the nurses can look at the residents medical records. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not too much that I can think of that I dislike. It can be slow at times, but that's usually when payroll is running their reports. I can't really think of anything else I dislike about this program other than the occasional slowness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For my position, I am able to create monthly rent statements for the residents. I am also able to bill claims through the system and send them off electronically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I’m able to clock in and out for my shifts and locate my weekly schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn’t much to dislike about this system besides it tells me most of the time that it’s unable to locate my location but my employer is able to verify location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great Product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time management for both HR and employee Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The ease of navigation through the database, and most definitely the access to reports that other systems do not offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Often times it seems there are too many tabs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m able to provide reports to back up the progress of my team and see the results of our efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The easy maneuvering and ease of the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Could be faster at times, but that could be due to the large volume of data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have not been solving any problems with the product in the past few months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

USER FRIENDLY AND ABLE TO NAVIGATE THROUGH AREAS WITH EASE Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

WOULD HAVE LIKED TO UTILIZE DOCUMENTATION COMPONENT MORE, BUT FACILITY HAD NOT LOADED THAT CAPABILITY YET. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

BETTER ASSESSMENT AND FOLLOWUP FOR RESIDENT CARE AND COMMUNICATION. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UW
What do you like best?

The format in which orders are displayed once received is good and easy to follow and contains the right amount of information without overloading with detail Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When sending orders via efax they have the same formatting whether they are discontinue or new order sheets. This obviously isn’t a huge problem or anything because you can easily read and see which is which, but when sorting through a ton of med orders in a hurry it’s hard because there isn’t a super obvious difference between dc and new order sheets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it to input prescriptions and receive patient information primarily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Physical Therapist
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

I have difficulty stating what I like about the system because there are so many problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

G-codes have to be entered 3x upon evaluation for each Med B patient. As documentation is being entered it is deleted when attempting to save multiple times per day. There are multiple ways to get to each screen. Our billing is done through a separate computer program for therapy and Ascention will not allow the two programs to communicate, so we have to enter all billing information and G codes in both systems. The alerts for documentation due will be present, then when it is assigned to a different employee the alert will disappear. Also there is no automatic reminder for when a recertification is due. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not use it for therapy documentation. It does not serve its purpose or alert correctly for documentation due or alert when there is a recertification due. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None because our billing is done through a separate system for therapy and Ascention will not allow the two programs to communicate, so we have to enter all billing information and G codes in both systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ability to view and review resident information from anywhere Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Too many steps to go through to get to reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Training in use of it will help Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Resident information regarding admission and assessments Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Help Desk Administrator
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

MatrixCare makes charting for our users extremely easy. Document management and storage capabilities have given us more flexibility with patient and resident data. Point of Care tools work well on touch-screen terminals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since MatrixCare is in the cloud, there isn't a lot of control we have over it. Then again this is also a good thing. It tends to go down often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I feel like MatrixCare is an industry standard. We've seen other setups for EMAR and charting and have not been able to see anything near as easy to use and manage as Matrix. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MatrixCare has helped our users become close to paperless as you can be. We have eliminated mountains of boxes of patient and resident data. MatrixCare also has a function for EMAR when the service goes offline or we experience network outages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Visually pleasing to the eye. Can see all professions notes and orders for therapy. Can see patient information even if they are not in facility any more. Can write notes at home, don't have to be in facility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot find the list of speech therapy current patients. I wish I could print my daily schedule on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Sigmacare/matrix care. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Treating my patients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.