CATS Reviews & Product Details

CATS Overview

What is CATS?

CATS is a web-based applicant tracking system that helps recruiters and direct employers work more efficiently by automating the hiring process.

CATS Details
Discussions
CATS Community
Arabic, Czech, German, English, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Lithuanian, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

CATS is a full-featured, web-based applicant tracking system. Accessible from any browser or mobile device, users can manage the entire tracking process from posting jobs to leading job boards and social networks to generating customized reports.

CATS Software

CATS Reviews

Showing 121 CATS reviews
Already have CATS?
AS
What do you like best?

I do think this is a GREAT tool, the more I navigate around it the more I begin to like it. It is only as good as the users inputting data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No automatic skills to select, you must type in skill section. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a good tool, when you work with it properly. It's only as good as the data you are inputting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using it to keep track of Accounts, Recruitment and Job orders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that CATS is super user friendly. I also like that it's customizable. More recently, we've been using it with our HRIS system and it has been helpful that it integrates so well with that (BambooHR). We also use it to integrate with job postings on our website and it helps to track people who apply to positions. I like that when someone applies, it automatically moves their information into the ATS portion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was the ability to bulk email a little bit easier but it's not a huge issue. Otherwise, there are no dislikes that I have about the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great applicant tracking system and it is very cost-effective and user friendly. The pricing is not outrageous and it helps keep us extremely organized as a whole. It is helpful to keep historical data of conversations our recruiters have with potential candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using it for our applicant tracking system. It keeps our recruiting team very well organized and up to date with items. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how intuitive and user friendly CATS is. It allows me to see all of my candidates for each job at a glance. I also love how I can email candidates right from the status tab. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that I can't change the status to the same thing twice in a row on a particular candidate in the workflow. Instead I have to choose a new workflow status and then change it back to leave a new note. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used to use an excel spreadsheet to keep track of candidates we contacted and then use mail merge to email them. Now, I can upload them as I go into CATS and easily email them right away right from the app. It also makes sure that I never miss an email because my email syncs with the CATS system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

For a smaller staffing firm, this perfect ATS. Super intuitive - Zero training needed to get started. Super Powerful too. The workflow automation is fabulous. We have our entire sourcing, recruiting, qualifying, interviewing, hiring and on-boarding process built in to the workflow. My recruiters don't need to use email. They Use CATS. One of my top recruiters, I could never get to use any other ATS (PCR, BullHorn, MaxHire, etc.) and now she only uses CATS and her cell phone. She loves it because we've automated all the emails, scheduling, follow ups, etc. Just flip a switch and your task is done!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reporting. This is CATS biggest weakness and the only reason I wouldn't recommend it for a bigger firm. It's virtually impossible to pull out recruiter metrics without spending hours each week. Although they have some canned dashboards, there is no customizable performance reports comparing week over week or month over month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend it for smaller staffing firms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automation of the recruiting process and management of clients, candidates, jobs and companies with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing partner
What do you like best?

For starters, customer service is awesome. I have use this software since 2012, and it keeps getting better and better. It’s very user-friendly and keeps a lot of data at your fingertips. It doesn’t take a lot to get started, and it has a lot of integrations that Connect with my chrome browser for easy data entry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reporting function has a lot to be desired. I personally like to be able to break down into small bits of information to find places for improvement across my team. This really just measures very basic data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not only is the price point exceptional, but it is very functional across the board Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having a good software where I can manage clients and candidates has soft many problems. It keeps things very easy and accessible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Assistant
What do you like best?

With CATS you literally have everything you need for candidate tracking. Is user friendly and very detailed. Apart from the candidate friendly application process, it let's me upload resumes from candidates who show up to our offices without applying online. The easiest part of it all are the metrics. Easy to download reports too, makes my job alot easier so I can concentrate on other tasks. Furthermore, they recently integrated the SMS service, were I can send messages to candidates and keep track of it all in the candidates file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I could suggest is having different language settings. For example, I use this program here in Puerto Rico, many of my coworkers a do not understand English as good as I do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Review all the training videos they provide on their website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of the problems we resolved with CATS was the EEO tracking of our candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Zach Dimond of CATS

Hi Kimberly,

CATS actually has been translated by our users into a number of languages, including Spanish. You’ll find the account-wide setting for this from your avatar icon in the top right corner > Administration > Localization > Language. To only change the language for their individual user, other users can go to the avatar icon > My Profile > Language.

AS
What do you like best?

CATS is great for ATS. Low price point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the limitations. I have permanent and per diem and contract placements and CATS doesn't meet all of my needs. I have used CATS for many years but left to get a more well rounded ATS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

CATS is a great product for tracking. The career portal is a very appealing feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used CATS to organize my applicants for permanent placements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner - Founder
Staffing and Recruiting
What do you like best?

The ease of use in the system it is robost without being over engineered! It allows loading from LinkedIn which few tools do! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish when we searched in the candidate files there was a way to load that to a "project" or at minimum page from record to record without having to go back to the list every single time. I don't use the sourcing feature in the tool very often due to the lack of paging item from person to person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are seeking a great pipeline product and one that has nearly everything you need yet at a cost effective price and without a contract this one is amazing! It allows us to be flexible in our business as we have recruiters that don't work full time or take summers off thus it allows us to turn on and off the cost of the tool, we love this product! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruiters by nature are not detailed in data entry and CATS ease of use makes this less painful for them. Time savings for entry of candidates from LinkedIn vs any other system I have used Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scientific Recruiter
Biotechnology
What do you like best?

I love the responsiveness of the CATS support team, they're willing to troubleshoot and entertain new suggestions. The ability to customize just about every field and feature available makes the system work very well for us, even between different teams within our organization. The community tips and suggestions are helpful. The CATS extension for importing candidates is also excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface could use a facelift, however, it's grown on me as my appreciation of the software has increased. Some of the features are not as intuitive as I would have anticipated, but they're the type of errors that you only make once and never forget. I'd like to be able to use multiple email addresses as I have multiple clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At this time, there are not separate pricing tiers for admin vs recruiter. One form of CATS (HR) has interview templates while the other does not - many features would be useful for both groups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've been able to decrease the number of applications that we require to track our applicants. By utilizing the tasks feature, we've gotten rid of our reliance on much of the project management software. We're able to store quite a bit of information on a job order page which time. There seems to be an overall sense of improved organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Talent Acquisition Partner
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

The flexibility of the CATS ATS is one of the greatest things I've seen in this industry. The ease of use and adaptability make it number one in my book. The way we are able to track and pull reporting has cut down on back end work for our HR department by a great deal. I can not recommend this program enough to any company that is struggling with little resources or budgeting. It's cheap, easy to use, easy to setup, the people at CATS are fantastic to work with and know their stuff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have used this ATS system for over five months now and and have no dislikes at all. Every time I think there is something missing there is a new roll out and update that takes care of it. By far the greatest tool added to date has been the ability to text within system. I just can't seem to find anything to dislike about it. Even upon polling my team of recruiters they are at a loss to give me negatives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give this ATS a try you absolutely will not regret it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not only has the functionality of posting to job boards on our behalf brought in more candidates, we can now quickly search through, tag and move to hire quicker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Generalist
What do you like best?

A lot of ATS are hard to use and not configurable/very hard to configure. We have build in trigger for almost everything that kicks out emails to those who need to hear from the recruiter. All the triggers are customizable! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the email signature and how I cant input a picture into my signature Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend making the emails show without pictures. For some reason when the emails kick out, it shows a notification saying you need to click to download pictures in the email?

There is also an error with the linkedin plug in for Chrome. when I try and download it, it says sorry couldnt unzip file Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Streamlining and automating the recruiting process has helped cut down on our fill time for many positions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Manager
What do you like best?

I like that you can funnel all your job orders and applications into one spot. Easy to use, search engine yields great results when searching for anything. I like that it's easy to keep track of what you're working on, you can make notes for yourself on candidates for your other employees to see. You can mark off what you're working on and whether or not the candidate moves to the next round. Essentially made it easier for everyone to see what everyone else was working on. Everything is viewable in one spot. We can see how many job postings we have, we can see how many applicants come in, we can see how many we have declined or moved to the next round YOY. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a 40 character minimum but I can't say there is much that I dislike! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! Super easy to use, organized, allows communication to be seamless with whoever your working with or whatever departments. Easy to make and leave notes, change candidate statuses, add, remove, alter job postings and job orders. Would definitely recommend! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CATS overall mostly just helped us with organization. Everyone can see, track and make notes on candidates or whatever it is we are working on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have worked with many ATS- This is the most user friendly one I have used thus far. There are many options for your team to utilize. We could additionally use this for other needs, but haven't established any other needs that we need to use for at this current time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the option to collapse the status updates, when you copy/paste a message. Or even the option to have different tabs so that it doesn't look as crowded on the main screen, but overall I like the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great system, especially for new users, given the ease of use. I haven't had to utilize support, but have not heard anything negative from my team members who have had to utilize it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is our ATS- we use it for tracking all of our candidates across our group. It is great to be able to share candidates and have all of the recruiters with access to make notes across the board for all to see. It is always helpful when trying to scroll back through for reference notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Talent Acquisition Partner
What do you like best?

I like the text function. Most ATS have the email function. People prefer to be texted rather than called these days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was mandatory to upload a resume when applying. I still get some applicants that do not upload a resume. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simple and no contract. You can try it out during a trial period. I also like how you can edit things to fit your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were not getting candidate flow for LNFA with any of the job boards we were using before. We are now getting flooded with qualified candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Talent Management Specialist
What do you like best?

The ability to customize different aspects.I like the tracking system of applicants and the ability to source them into CATS. I also like the customization dashboard but i dont use that often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

it is slow and would and like to see more advancements in regards to tracking candidates and adding more notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you like having alot of functions and customization then CATS would be the one for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it mostly for recruiting purposes. So it helps to manage our candidates but we dont use it for HR purposes like onboarding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love CATS and the usability of it. Features are very well thought out and automate a lot for the Recruiters. The new text system is a great addition and makes it that much easier to get in touch with candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am waiting for improvements on CATS reporting features. This is the one down fall of the system, other than that it checks 9 out of 10 boxes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have another system or function for reporting and metrics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Going from excel to CATS was an amazing transition. It is an easy to use system and has made our Recruiting Department an efficient machine allowing organized data and notes, as well as, automation and customization options really save time without sacrificing our voice and brand! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

I love that you really can set up this system, this ATS, exactly the way you want it. You can add fields, name them whatever you wish, place them where ever you wish, search and report based on that.

Completely Versatile, How can you complain about a system that you can make it do exactly what you want it to do? Great ATS - and trust me I have used them all! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I dislike nothing about CATS, NOTHING! It's perfect! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Got to use it. Simply the best, most versatile, most user friendly, most customizable, and best customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cats are solving both my recruiting headhunting needs as well as my staffing tempt to perm needs! Perfectly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

It is an easy system to use and the support from the CATS team is great. If I have had an issue, they always work with me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Though it is an easy system to use, it does require initial training and the UI can be confusing if you aren't sure what to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows for tracking our candidates and listing our jobs in a simple and straightforward way. It also allows us to list our jobs quickly and make sure we can get the right people calls back. The tracking system allows us to see which jobs are going well and which ones we need to update it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's relatively simple to use. It's efficient since it automatically posts to popular job boards. It also allows candidates to apply straight for Indeed creating an easy application process for candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not as customized as other ATS. Emails to candidates through the system seem to end up in their junk mail. This leads to missed communication which inst good for the candidate experience. We have multiple companies and it doesn't have the ability to post as our separate companies from one account. We had to create separate accounts for each company which has effected to our efficiency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for something simple & low cost this suits your needs - we unfortunately outgrew it and needed something more customizable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

it helps us keep track of our recruiting. We do high volume recruiting and can have 100's of applications at any given time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

There have been some recent updates that have been helpful- such as the SMS capability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Using tags has not been user friendly from my perspective-- some places it shows the tagged information input into the email-- other places it shows it as the scripted tag info. When sending an email to an applicant I don't get to see what they receive. From my sent history it makes it look like the applicant receives an email attempting to send tags and failing to succeed successfully. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just realized that a meeting scheduler is included; this is something I've toyed with being a helpful tool-- i was not aware it was a provided feature until today. If this works how it is intended then it could be awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

CATS is highly customizable with a robust search function which makes it easy to keep track of the candidate data that is most important to us. The list of job boards that CATS pushes out to is one of the longest lists I have seen in an ATS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes for the page to load after every click or command can be a bit frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CATS has made it easy to keep track of our full candidate network, and reach out to them on an ongoing large-scale basis with opportunities that may be a good match for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP
What do you like best?

Ease of Use and Depth of solutions. A lot of great applications that work cohesively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There has not been anything to dislike so far. Company has been responsive to implementing new ideas and recommendations.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out the integrations including Slack. Also, the smartphone configuration works very well, too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Improved our efficiencies ion reach outs and follow up activities. Leading to more placements Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

The workflow automation is amazing and it makes my job so much easier. The effectiveness of the system allows me focus on what I'm best at. I love the ability to customize basically everything within the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a click to call feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am finding amazing effectiveness in my recruiting business because of the automation of my workflow in sending emails and creating tasks. I can just spend my time doing the things I do best rather than organizing information or deciding what my next task is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
What do you like best?

Utilizamos CATS desde que abrimos nuestra empresa, y nos ha ayudado a ordenar nuestra base de datos de forma eficiente, llegar a los recursos humanos que necesitamos encontrar en tan solo minutos, y nos ha ayudado a incrementar nuestra base de datos de manera simple, apenas haciendo un click en un add-on en Chrome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Deberian integrar Whatsapp para el envio de los trabajos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Base de datos bien organizada.

Incrementar la base de datos en forma cotidiana.

Seguimiento de candidatos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruiter
What do you like best?

The thing I like the most about using CATS, is when a job is posted and I feel there may be an error, I'm able to go back and fix the error even after published! Saves me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure what to pinpoint that I dislike. I don't dislike anything about the CATS system! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to organize the jobs I'm posting down to every detail without a hassle of switching between pages. Very easy system to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for CATS?