Building Engines Reviews & Product Details

What is Building Engines?

Building Engines is an operations platform designed for modern commercial real estate organizations to connect and align people, processes, and activities. Our platform transforms activity into intelligence so CRE professionals can control their changing work environment with confidence, improve building operations performance, and increase asset value.

Building Engines Screenshots

Building Engines Reviews

1-25 of 67 total Building Engines reviews
Property Management Specialist

"i love the software"

What do you like best?

An aspect of my responsibilities is office the executives and if there are any issues with our rented office space, we use Building Engines to impart these issues to the property the board organization. It's extremely simple to utilize and enables you to make any demand you may require. When you sign in and make an administration demand, it is quickly doled out to the suitable individual and they will plan you in. We as of late had an issues with bugs and through Building Engines we just noticed that we had a bug control issue and they sent a temporary worker out to help.

What do you dislike?

When your solicitation has been doled out there are no updates in the middle of when you presented the solicitation and when the temporary worker appears. In this way, for instance, if the structure upkeep individual has various inhabitants I front of you, it could be two or three days before he can put in new lights. You don't get any updates concerning when around you can hope to be made a difference.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is important to be an innovative company that is always taking advantage of the latest trends in technology. My advice is just to be aware of everything that is out there and what your competition is using; and how technology can differentiate your brand from everyone else.

We pride ourselves on being a company that is on the cutting edge of technology. Building Engines' Mobile Platform and reporting options give us the ability to realize that commitment and help us to be a premier property management company. The mobile allows us to respond to service requests immediately even when we aren't at a computer. A notification will come through on a device and our maintenance staff is off and running while letting our residents know they are being taken care of.

AR

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

I like to functionality and the ease of using the interface. Building Engine has change the way our company operates operationally and from Management. We are now a paperless system each department has implemented building engines as well. not only are we paperless but we operate more efficiently as a company.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the new look, it makes the ease of functionality a little more complex.not only are we paperless but we operate more efficiently as a company. That is the only thing I dislike only because the new look it seems more complicated to use and also understand what the icons mean. But on the old look everything was pretty straightforward and actually I am still using the old look versus the new look.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend building engines even though it doesn't seem like it is a big name in the business we were recommended this by another property management company who highly recommended building engines based off of the ease and as well as the cost.

We went paperless as a result of switching over to Building Engines. It has saved us at least 20 hour each week a man power. is to also help as well as which specific personnel was working the most completing the most work tickets and had the higher efficiency during a workday. We also use this as a factor and it's determining the reviews at the end of each year.

Security Officer
Computer & Network Security

"Building management at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you are able to set up and have everything you need to make running a property very easy. From COI’s to work orders, it takes a stress of not knowing that’s going on and when on a daily basis. Building staff have their own logins in order to stay informed with daily duties and management can track task that have been completed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike their mobile app, it’s missing features from the web portal such as looking up COI’s, and their mobile site is not that user friendly.

I work 10-6 as a security officer for a holding company, having access to Building Engines I am able to keep track of what’s going on in the building , know what work has been authorized or not.

"Hassle free building management"

What do you like best?

Having all the tools you could possibly need to manage your property is great. They also have the mobile app which makes it even easier. Beeing able to check for certificates of insurance for vendors who are trying to do work in the building is a life saver!

What do you dislike?

I wished the mobile all was as detailed as the web version of this system.

Assigning work orders to engineers and building porters keeps everything flowing perfectly. No more excuses.

Sr. Administrative Assistant
Real Estate

"Working with Building Engines has made Tenant Services easier and matters comprehensible."

What do you like best?

User friendly! The ability to create and make changes, whether it be added a building/property, or making changes within a work order.

What do you dislike?

You can only set up an out of office time span one at a time. Would be AWESOME to be able to create several vacation schedules for one person.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this system. The people........the Building Engines team is exceptional! From the team that walked us through the product to understand how BEI would benefit us, to the team that helped us set it all up, and finely the support team. The product......this system is by far more comprehensive than the other work order system we used. Building Engines has so many uses, besides creating and tracking work orders. Each property can be set up as its own web page with property information, property management information, etc. Fabulous system!

Business Problem Solved: Property Managers are more apt to use Building Engines as it is easier and more comprehensive to use the other system previously used.

Realized Benefits: See above, plus the ease of Building Engines saves so much time!

Temporary Administrative Assistant
Real Estate

"Could be more user friendly"

What do you like best?

All my buildings are listed on a single page for easy viewing.

What do you dislike?

1) Adding a vendor COI can be frustrating because you have to either upload them as a Tenant COI, or set them up as a Vendor then add their COI, which is too many steps. If I upload them as a Tenant COI, Tenants will receive notifications about their expiring COI when it's really a Vendor they have used in the past.

2) If a Tenant submits a work order then adds an attachment, I will receive an email for the initial work order created then a separate email for ever attachment they enter. So if a work order has three attachments I will receive 4 emails about the work order, then if a comment is added to that work order, I will receive an additional four emails. It's just too many emails.

3) Not all Tenants are notified when I enter a comment into their work order, which is very frustrating.

4) Whenever I search for COIs, the default building is the last building profile I visited, if I'm searching for multiple COIs I have to either keep changing the building after every search or create a bunch of duplicate pages.

5) The only time a Tenant sees my comment is if I email them using the "share" feature, but then their response will be emailed back to me, keeping everybody else out of the loop.

6) Leases aren't shown as in the system until the lease dates and rent amount are entered

It's a single platform for all our Management needs. All work orders, leases, COIs, incident reports, Tenant files, etc. are all in the same site, which is nice.

Property Manager
Real Estate

"Building Engines makes my job so much easier"

What do you like best?

Building Engines provides a long overdue software solution to managing buildings. It's very user intuitive and is scalable for as complex or streamlined as the properties we manage. The ability to be mobile is probably the best feature for our engineers, while allowing our tenants to constantly see what is going on with their work orders.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about Building Engines, but I do wish the mobile application looked more modern and had more of the features that the website does.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Building Engines is constantly adding features and making existing features better at no additional cost to us. This is a huge reason to stick with them in the years to come.

Building Engines allows us to keep track of all of our janitorial and engineering work orders in an easy to use tracking system. This is cut down substantially on the amount of time it takes the Work Orders to be completed, as well as preventing WOs to fall through the cracks or not be followed up on. Having the tenant complete a survey after the WO is completed allows the tenants to immediately give us feedback on the work, which let's them know we take their issues seriously and can fix the issue if they are unsatisfied.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The system is easy to use, especially the mobile app. I can create work orders and report incidents on the spot rather than bringing everything back to my desk.

What do you dislike?

There are some features such as certain notifications, that can only be set up on the back end. I'd like to be able to tailor who gets certain notifications from the user level.

Building engines is streamlining our work order system and our efficiency.

Tenant Services Coordinator

"Tenant Services Coordinator"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to manage everything in our buildings from one location. It's one magic portal for repairs, maintenance, insurance and other features yet to be explored.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I find frustrating is that if I'm searching through old/closed files, and I want to go back, hitting the "back" button on my browser takes me to the original page, and I have to re-enter the search parameters.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Watch it in action with a similar partner in business. Make sure they know how to use it properly. Have it demonstrated to show all benefits.

We are streamlining our operation, improving and expanding tenant communications and utilizing all important aspects of BE (important to us at this moment). The benefit is that I can communicate and plan with many different people/vendors at one time, and from one portal.

Executive Administrative Assistant
Primary/Secondary Education

"Building Engines for Property Management"

What do you like best?

The ease of submitting work orders and the continual follow up via email. Great for quick and effective communication between tenants, building management, and vendors or contractors

What do you dislike?

All features are very user friendly and well priced for services provided

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very user friendly with online availability and apps for smart phone. Streamlined communication between all members of property management teem and outside points of contact

Communication and efficiency issues

"Extremely useful software, well-designed if not completely intuitive "

What do you like best?

Excellent and robust features that have made our experience with tenants and vendors far simpler.

What do you dislike?

Package isn't always super intuitive, could probably stand to have features cleaned up and updated for better useability.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure tenants/end-users are well trained and understand the capabilities of the software.

Reaching all tenants at once, getting work requests from tenants, keeping track of tenant information.

Assistant Property Manager
Real Estate

"My Building Engines Review"

What do you like best?

Use of the daily functions is uncomplicated. Information needed is available at a glance. I like the notifications and technical support is always there when I need them.

What do you dislike?

Reporting functions are not very helpful and there are so many to go through while looking for something I can use. The tenant side of the program seems to be lacking. There is not a tenant contact report. Setting up affiliate tenant companies and tying the users together is not extremely user friendly.

Tracking amount of time a work order is open and sharing information with other individuals. We are able to track amount of time a work order is open, the notifications feature is nice and a good safety net to help us reach our goals.

"Difficult start up but great platform "

What do you like best?

I love that everything is in one place and the tenants are not having any difficulty. The customer service is amazing online and with our direct rep.

What do you dislike?

Starting up was very difficult. I had to enter in all of our equipment preventative maintenance manually. There were some issues with matching our settings to those of the portfolio but those were all quickly fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Create a very clear timeline and goals of when to set everything up. Do all of the training videos prior to starting your timeline and make sure all parties are aware of the time commitment it will take to set up.

We are able to run reports for virtually anything and there are clear ways we can present data from these reports to ownership.

Tenant Services Coordinator and Administrative Assistant
Real Estate

"A great way to manage your building. "

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and very user friendly. The support staff is prompt and knowledgeable. Always a pleasant experience.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes tenants are not able to login and their password has to be reset. Not sure if this is due to updates or something on their end, but one person kept having this issue, so I deleted them out of the system and then added them back and they haven't had the problem since.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

for COI, if there was a way to upload COI and it would automatically populate the fields, THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. I understand that there would probably be changes and tweaks necessary, but that would save a lot of time. This is one reason we haven't used it yet, because we haven't had time to fill in all the fields.

We use this to track all work order requests and preventative measures. We just recently realized you could add COI info to the system, too.

Administrative Assistant

"A winning product"

What do you like best?

The clarity in which I can review the work orders, new, opened, completed at a glance.

What do you dislike?

I cannot edit the invoices to take out some of the verbiage the tenants put on the work order when requesting service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I've had most of my experience with this product. Was introduced to another product recently and it looked complicated. I like the ease of use with BE and that "there's an app" for that.

Making it easier for tenants to get quality service. I have realized that the tenants are more likely to use the service instead of calling because they now realize that the engineers see this more quickly than by calling and perhaps receiving voice mail to get their issue resolved.

"Facility Engineer and now Manager"

What do you like best?

Mobile accessibility is a strong point for sure.

The Library of templates for equipment is certainly a great place to start.

What do you dislike?

Charting/Reports are less than desired, but no worse than competition. For example, I spent three hours last Friday searching for a canned chart and report, or at least a template of said items, that I could build upon to analyze Work Order Time (Open to Complete) by Assignee. Sounds simple--it was not and I eventually called support for guidance--but, of course they had gone home for the day (AZ vs. EST.) I did manage to find a performance analysis chart that was visually represented my argument, but it was far from adequate or accurate.

Further, I now plan to extract the data and work with it in Excel. It is a shame that such a big program cannot support better adhoc reporting. (maybe it does and I don't have privies).

My next target is the analyze preventative maintenance portion of time keeping...this does not seem linked to the work orders. To me at least, it appears PMs are not time stamped the same way Work Orders are so I guess I have to create a work order to track "actual" time on any given PM.

I am solving no problem a the moment. In fact, my lack of access to useful data has such a negative impact on my business that we could loose an account. The ownership is able to use the data in fashion that suggests 7 out of 8 hours per day are idle--simply not the case.

Admittedly, there is training on our service side i.e. I explained to the field engineers they must use BEI from start to finish in order for our companies to have "real" data.

UA

"Highly Recommended"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is in one place and is accessible by all people involved in the work order process.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you receive several emails associated with each work order and you have to individually close them out.

Communication errors are way less than with traditional contact methods for work orders. This application makes it easier to get in touch with everyone all at one time.

"Okay for now "

What do you like best?

The ease of use, the look, user friendly

What do you dislike?

it is hard to figure out how to bill a tenant with the correct charges & markups etc.

Simplicity, no longer get tenant requests directly. It seems all requests are going through Building Engines which is good

"Great work order system"

What do you like best?

The ability to track and update tenant requests.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to control the amount of notification emails sent to whomever placed the work order. For example they don't need an update when I've made a grammatical correction to a billable note.

Tracking ongoing issues, specifically with HVAC. We also appreciate having the history of an order at our fingertips to go back and remember what was or was not donel.

"BEI has greatly improved our management of work orders and client information."

What do you like best?

I like that we can access the work orders from the desktop and the mobile app. It is so convenient when visiting a property to submit a work order, with photos, right from our phones.

What do you dislike?

When I pull up the work order and I need to contact the vendor, I have to pull up a separate tab with BEI to get the vendors phone number. I wish it showed it on the work order (and only we can see it, not the tenant). It's just an added step that is an inconvenience.

Organization of our work orders has greatly improved! We can all see what is going on.

UR

"Building Engines Review "

What do you like best?

Relatively easy system and tenants are able to be detailed

What do you dislike?

Wish it had more advance features. Some tenants will comment or add stuff within a work order and I won't know until they email me being rude because I never responded. Also, a lot of tenants tend to have trouble finding the resource scheduler.

Tenants are able to enter in any building maintenance issues instead of calling or emailing. It's quicker for everyone involved, especially if they try to email but I'm not at my desk. My other two co workers can check the work orders and take care of as needed while I'm at lunch or away.

"Good but could be better"

What do you like best?

The breakdown on the dashboard and the simplicity of accessing everything.

What do you dislike?

There are not enough report customization. Your need to reach out to Building Engines to set up anything even created and deleting categories.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Know your categories and subs before setup

its great that i could reach out to tenants directly with the work orders. The export to excel function really helps with reports and KPIs for our building.

"Building Engines is a Game Changer"

What do you like best?

The way it keeps me and my colleagues organized

What do you dislike?

The search function - it doesn't hold my parameters.

Work orders are no longer falling through the cracks or getting forgotten.

"VP of Property Management"

What do you like best?

It is mostly user friendly. Having both the desktop and mobile interface is key.

What do you dislike?

Not enough options to customized based on individual property needs. Not enough options for how escalation emails show up and have useful information included. Need better method for building inspections.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Set up is easy, getting tenants to sign up is hard.

Better tracks work orders to understand where engineer time is spent.

UR

"Excellent product for creating work orders, managing COIs, and scheduling monthly inspections. "

What do you like best?

I like the streamlined building engines hub that makes generating work orders efficient and user friendly. It's easy to attach pictures, as well as access all current and completed work orders.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that there isn't more customization. We have to go through the BE team to add certain types of work orders. There are required sections when creating work orders or COIs that don't apply to our business.

Our management team is overall much more aware of the issues and progress of fixing said issues than before. It's a great tool to track and schedule all of our work order needs. It also has upgraded our system in keeping track of COIs.

Building Engines Features

7.9
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.3*
* Property Management Category
Do you work for Building Engines?

Building Engines Categories on G2