Apto Reviews & Product Details

Apto Overview

What is Apto?

Apto is the leading CRM and deal management software for commercial real estate brokers. Whether you’re an individual broker or part of a team, Apto is your one-stop shop for all the tools you need to manage your contacts, unlock more leads, close more deals, and grow your business. Features: - Built-in Property Data - Contact Management - Prospecting Tools - Deal Management - Reports & Dashboards With all of your data organized the way you think and applied the way you work, it’s clear why Apto is the commercial real estate software of choice for nearly 10,000 brokers worldwide. Apto was founded in 2012 and our headquarters are located in Denver, CO.

Apto Details
Discussions
Apto Community

Apto is a Full-Blown Commercial Real Estate Brokerage App for tracking contacts, properties, and your real estate transactions

What sets us apart is our deep commitment to the broker community. We still live by our foundational principle, “created by and for brokers.” Spending time with brokers, whether customers or not, is built into the processes and workflows of each department. We have varied and thorough channels to make sure we’re getting broker feedback in real time.

We’re well beyond our humble CRM beginnings, but we’re still completely focused on our original mission: building tools brokers love.

Apto
2012
Denver, CO
@Aptotude

Apto Screenshots

Apto Reviews

Showing 30 Apto reviews
Already have Apto?
What do you like best?

I love that Apto provides an all in one solution. I have a contact database that cross links to my property database as well as all my listings and deals. I also love the fact that I am building my own Comp database Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

IT takes some time to learn but it is not hard. IT is just as a broker we have limited time. The more you use it the better you get. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All the cross linking helps me build a more complete picture when I speak to a prospect. I can pull them up and see every piece of property they own as well as any past notes, etc. IT makes me the expert in their eyes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to link properties to a contact Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Apto maps feature is dated and does not always work like it should. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Apto allows me to efficiently prospect for new business and follow up with existing contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It keeps my calls and conversations and allows me to remember what we spoke about Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Contacts can get lost if you don't add them to groups Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop using spreadsheets and get Apto Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Apto allows me to stay in touch with clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Integrations with Salesforce and streamlined setup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not enough flexibility in terms of naming objects/fields. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting our Database in order and tracking our deal pipeline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The reminders you can set for yourself are very helpful. Seeing how your volume of calls compares to those at your company helps motivation. The flow of the program is easy to follow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very small dislike for how strict you have to be for search criteria when creating a report. There is a learning curve but once learned, easy to implement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reminding myself to follow up with clients. Communication with management. Communication with marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

The commercial real estate components are thought out (yes some words they choose for describing fields show they don't have as much commercial real estate experience), but for the most part - many items were thought of that are useful to us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The whole leasing component... stacking plans seemed awesome in theory but the spaces get tied to wrong leases when you progress deals and it's just a mess if you have a big retail center for lease. Also, dislike that they won't continue on with Apto Commissions (leaving us to figure out invoicing and payment details ourselves.) Wish this was 1. still available 2. not an extra cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have someone at your company who can configure your Salesforce - Apto Org. well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reporting of deals. Only some people at the company are tech savy enough to progress deals, which shows the interface isn't intuitive to everyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

You can make it as detailed or simple as you want. It's really up to you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is terrible. They used to have a call line you could call w/ questions. Now they have a ticketing system where it's impossible to get someone on the line. They email you 24 hrs later, you respond, wait another 24 hours, you respond, wait another 24 hours. What should be a 10 minute call takes a week to resolve. It's insane. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Purchase if you have the time to build it out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client relationship manager. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Representative | The Retail Investment Group
Commercial Real Estate
What do you like best?

I really like how Apto tracks my prospects and the ease to record activity. Apto also prompts you for follow up dates which I have found useful so contact do not slip between the cracks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Entering contacts/properties is very time intensive. For a single property, you first have to set up a company record, then a contact record before you link to a property record. While it is an intensive process, if you do it properly it creates a bullet proof, comprehensive database. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are willing to invest your time and effort into building a database, I honestly think Apto is a great way to go. Apto leverages the power of the salesforce platform with a great CRE skin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a fairly new broker who is focused primarily on outbound activity, Apto has become vital to tracking opportunities and holding me accountable to my necessary outbound prospecting. I recommend it to everyone in my office. That being said not everyone has liked it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Broker
Real Estate
What do you like best?

My favorite part of Apto is the ability to set reminders easily and that it is able to easily track calls and notes on calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I dislike about Apto is the time consuming efforts to enter each piece of info on a prospect, but it should pay off in the long run. I would prefer is you could download a file into apto and have it auto create contacts and companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Apto can be overwhelming at times with the amount of time it takes to enter data into the system, but once you get the hang of it, its very helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a real estate broker that uses the application when cold calling. I have been able to take notes whilst calling and it automatically saves the data. It has helped me when i forget info about a prospect or whether i have left them a voicemail recently/what our recent conversation was about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President of Sales
Commercial Real Estate
What do you like best?

I like the ability to track deal flow and print out reports and the ability for the team to make changes, and that is about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They truly do get you to sign up and promise the world and then once that contract is signed, all promises go out the window. I dont think anyone in the organization has any real estate experience. We wanted something basic that would notify us when a critical date for a contract came up. Though they have the timelines, they said no one ever uses those. Really?

The customer service is the worst, you talk with one person and they point the finger somewhere else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem is data conversion - we paid extra to have my REA database converted over and there was no consistency on what was transferred. I needed to go through each contact to ensure the data was correct. There are so many bugs with this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Vice President - Capital Markets Group
Commercial Real Estate
What do you like best?

Nothing. Their sales people will tell you that Apto will do anything you want it to; don't believe them. I think they are on a tear to grab as much market share as they can to make themselves a buy-out/take-over candidate or to sell out to a more "real" competitor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

After repeated affirmations from their sales and tech support staff that the program would do what I wanted - which was to link contacts to properties to related lending sources (debt and equity) - it did none of those things. They wasted eight months of implementation time, and ever after never having used the program, I had to fight with them to obtain a full refund. I was also never made aware at all about the OEM and Embedded Licensing restrictions that these 'app skin' providers face as part of using SalesForce as their data engine. This severely limits the customization and flexibility required in designing a truly dynamic, interactive, and robust database. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

All of the CRE CRM programs offer widely different features, and appeal to users of diverse technological and CRE skill sets. I would strongly recommend that in addition to honestly assessing your tech savvy, and how much of an IT/administration role you want to play in the implementation and data management process, to identify the top five most important things you want your database to accomplish for you. Some users will want an multi-layered, inter-relational database with all data fields connected and referenced - while others may want customizable reporting, pipeline tracking, deal progression, and something that facilitates more back-office operations. I also suggest obtaining a customized demo or tutorial showing EXACTLY how that program will meet your most important needs. Many offer free trial periods, or will allow you to access a 'dummy' database so you can directly test the features that are most important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The only thing Apto provided me was an 8-month delay in my data implementation. There was no benefit - only agita and frustration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I've never been a huge fan of any CRM, but for the time that I used this with my group, it did seem to cover all of the essentials and basics that you would want a CRM to cover. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Again - most of my dislike is not geared towards Apto, but more appropriately headed towards my dislike for all CRM's. Never found one that I like. If there was one thing that I didn't like - I don't think my CRM synced directly to my email. This could have been more of a user error though - now that I'm thinking about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One recommendation that I can make is making it more syncable to emails. Again - not sure if it was a user based error - which it most likely was. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Apto is good for a CRM and tracking deals and clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Apto tailors our CRM to our specific business niche. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

May need 3rd party apps instead of native apps for certain functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an investment in making your business better! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All-in-one CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We are using this software as a CRM and also to track our pipeline. The software has a lot of great features and the interface is good. One of the features that I like the most is the automated reporting feature. It will email me when certain conditions are met. The salesforce app for the iPhone is also very handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of the things I do not like is the way that contacts are entered. You have to enter the company first and then enter in the contact and it has to be done in a certain order. It would be better if you could create it all from the same page as opposed to having to close out one page to do the other. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of the functions that we are using this for is to track lease expirations. The automated reporting feature has helped us to stay more on top of this part of our business. We have a team as well and we are using apto to share tasks and to keep a centralized db of these tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Easily to set up the reminder, that's the most important for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Fill out the field by putting information requires much time, therefore the price is a little bit high. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Apto is very helpfull as soon as you get use of it, so you will realize it is the one of the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm working for Leads Pro Realty, we used this software to make record for the leads (Clients) and set up appointment for them by using the reminder to remind us when the leads have appointment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

The platform can capture many details and pieces of information. Also can be linked to your phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The product is not customizable enough so a user can mold it to his or her individual needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is a learning curve and it takes time but it is a good product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a solid CRM for real estate. The benefit is facing information organized in an efficient manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Apto is extremely customizable with a flexible layout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lack of customer support for mac users especially up front when selling users on their product. Exact requirements were difficult to find and the salesperson (also using a Mac) never mentioned there would be separate requirements to sync with my other programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a Mac ensure that you are using the correct Exchange Server in order to sync your contacts, emails, and calendar. I spent weeks trying to get this set up properly and finally learned we need to upgrade the company's back end to allow the Mac users to sync properly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Used for CRM. Would be beneficial if I could sync to my Outlook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Taylored to CRE industry. Stacking charts are good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to data mine. support is limited. Original design structure is Mickey Mouse. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Like any application it has its limitations we feel as though we are using 10% of its power. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking real estate information. Contact manager, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Commercial Real Estate Broker
Commercial Real Estate
What do you like best?

The platform is well designed, easy to use as a beginner. Support is fine util you pay, after that you just looking for them and their time frame is weeks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Support. Support its just missing. I was forced not to work for three weeks because of that. Especially Jacqueline on support she doesn't know our business neither the platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do not go there! expensive and not having support, you know how vital is support in our business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No benefits, expensive I am switching to Real nex. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Apto is a good option to capture data and info and store in one location. Easy to sync contacts and information to outlook which is very beneficial. The fact that it is able to work on mobile applications and desktop as well makes it easy to use wherever you are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of tabs there are that don't necessarily connect well to one another. For example, for me to enter a contact I have to first enter a company in a separate tab before I can then enter the contact. There is a lot of unnecessary back and forth steps I find in the interface that are time consuming and unnecessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out for a while before you make the decision. It is certainly a platform you have to work with a few times before you get the hang of it so I recommend spending some time to become more familiar and really understand how it works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving the problem of keeping content and information captured in one location, and being better able to follow up with contacts and prospects in short term or ling term increments. It is helping me stay more productive and on top of follow-ups and reminders that may otherwise be forgotten. The benefits I have realized include the ability to quantify and control my prospects and keep on top of current business, ongoing business and prospective business which is important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The accounting software and CRM. The accounting software that we use is very well This also links with other websites Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The CRM takes extra steps to add contacts. When adding contacts you have to add the company in first and then the contact and address Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give 4 months to implement ot Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accounting works really well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Apto team and support continuously update and add features to the software as necessary. Many features available, software specifically tailored to CRE. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

High level of customization sometimes leads to difficulties in setting up reports that should be easy to configure. There have been several bugs in certain modules including deal booking and commissions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the preeminent CRE software for brokers and is the most complete solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web based software allows entire organization to collaborate and find relationships which would otherwise go unnoticed. Ability for team to update contacts simultaneously allows for live information to be available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate
Real Estate
What do you like best?

ease of use. Keeps track of calls made, can easily make notes after each and have contacts for each company all in one place. also can use on the go with iPhone app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Inputting the data is a tedious task. People in our organization are still concerned over transparency and have not fully utilized it to its potential Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easily track my book of business. Benefits are huge as all cloud based, automatically updating and accessible from anywhere Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

The marketing of the product, which it failed to live up to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Bad customer service. Did not work as advertised. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Commercial real estate agent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that all of my coworkers can register their clients so everyone can see and to avoid stepping on eachother's toes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how complicated and long everything takes. You have to enter a company name, then a contact, then a pursuit.... I wish I could just do that all at the same time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am trying to keep track of all of my phone calls that I have made, all the emails I have sent and all the meetings/ conference calls I have coming up. Scheduling a meeting in Apto and having it linked to my email was a major benefit for me as it just made my life a whole lot easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.