Amicus Attorney Reviews & Product Details

Amicus Attorney Overview

What is Amicus Attorney?

Amicus Attorney is an intuitive case management solution that tracks and invoices billable time, automates important documents, and provides easy access to all your clients and case files. Work from your desktop or in the private cloud while integrating with QuickBooks and other applications.

Amicus Attorney Details

Amicus Premium 2015 offers superior functionality and is powerful, flexible and scalable for firms of all sizes.

Designed to maximize your billable opportunities while you do what you do best: practice law. Amicus Attorney can drive efficiency and raise your profits while growing your practice. Empower your practice with case management software built by lawyers for lawyers.

AbacusNext
1983
San Diego, CA
@Abacus_Next
540 Twitter followers
Description

AbacusNext is a technology provider for legal, accounting, and compliance-focused professionals. We empower our customers to grow their businesses, better serve their clients, and operate at peak efficiency—all within a secure, cloud-enabled ecosystem.

Amicus Attorney Videos

Amicus Attorney Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Amicus Attorney community
Have you used Amicus Attorney before?

Amicus Attorney Reviews

Showing 159 Amicus Attorney reviews
Already have Amicus Attorney?
Billing Assistant
What do you like best?

Amicus has a lot of cool and interesting features. We learn something new every time we use it. I love that it has a report for everything that we need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Amicus sometimes shuts down on its own which makes it difficult to work and takes up a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask questions. There is so much in Amicus and you need to ask the right questions so you can be comfortable and know all of the features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Amicus helps us with time keeping which is very important in our business. We just learned recently that we can customize reports for it makes tracking easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Amicus Attorney
What do you like best?

The upsides of using Amicus are that it is very easy to use. It did not take very long to learn the functions and how to enter data into the system. All data and documents are now organized and provide a quick overview of the file in question. Not only do I like how organized all of the firm's files are, but I like how easy it is to generate documents using Amicus. It is one of the main function that I use every day, and it makes the process of opening files and issuing various letters throughout the lifespan of the file much easier and faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced something I dislike about Amicus. However, there are times when generating a document does not work, but that is an easy fix. If there are issues like that with Amicus, it seems to be an easy fix (ex: restarting your computer). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation to other considering Amicus Attorneys is to utilize its full capacity. It is customizable and can provide you with fields that can help keep your files in order and give you a timeline. Learning all of its functions can help you understand Amicus more and how it operates. Once that is understood, it is easy to cater Amicus to your specific needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Amicus streamlines all information into one case management system. It is easy for me to look into any file at any given time. I am able to answer questions from clients quicker and can keep track of the progress of the file more easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How easy it is to find all file materials in one place - contact names and contact information, reminder dates, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes for this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When I have a contact name and want to know what files they are associated with, it is extremely easy. Sometimes, we have an expert or someone else who we have used on a previous case but can't don't remember the name of the file, or the reverse; we knew we used an expert on a case but can't remember there name. It is easy to find out this information using this software. It is easy to go paperless using this system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paralegal
What do you like best?

It is difficult to pick just one thing on Amicus that I like best because everything works together very well. Once you create a file in the system, you can link contacts into the file, calendar events, notes, documents, telephone conversations, billing, timesheets, to-do's, etc. Having all of this information at our fingertips in one application is invaluable. Another nice feature is the ability to create sticker notes that can be sent to others on your team. There are many customizable options, so you can tailer it to your specific needs fairly easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of the things I really dread is the Amicus updates. I've found that Amicus leaves it up to the users to update the software. Being in a small law firm, we do not have an IT person on payroll to handle these upgrades. I thought of myself as knowing a decent amount about technology, but going through the instructions I realized quickly that was not something I could do on my own. If you want Amicus to handle it, you have to pay them a fee for it. I wish that would be included with the software subscription. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your are looking for a system that can handle almost all of your case management needs, I would highly recommend Amicus. They also have a client portal feature which I have not personally used, but could be valuable to a practice in providing the client with access to their file materials. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

If we did not have a client management system, we would be wasting time looking in many different programs for the information we need. The most beneficial aspect of Amicus software is that it links all of the information into one place. I've worked in law firms with and without client management systems and I save so much more time with a quality client management system like Amicus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to cycle through calendars and to-dos for all users and set reminders across files Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To date, I have been unable to consistently keep my email synched to my Microsoft account. As a result, it creates a backlog of emails that need to be saved to files, and "sent" mail is not always associated with the corresponding Amicus file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Amicus allows our firm to have a central system for access to files in-office and remotely. During a period of working remotely, the attorneys in office were able to continue accessing important file information fairly seamlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Structured yet flexible. We have been able to adapt the software to our office's needs. Tech support is excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some features are not intuitive to figure out how to use such as creating document templates. Duplicating contacts is too easy- I wish as administrator I received a notification so I could correct, if need be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend you pay for training to learn as many features as possible to maximize your use of Amicus Attorney. It has many more features than we use but training employees on new features and creating new habits is difficult at this stage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have solved the problem of keeping track of case status and client communication. We have been able to organize client notes, documents and related cases in a streamlined fashion. We are able to easily search our database of over 2,000 closed cases to find old clients when need be. We no longer need paper intakes or notes. Paper files are almost obsolete, more a backup to the electronic file after 7 years with Amicus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Amicus Attorney keeps the firm organized and running smoothly. It is user friendly. We have had Amicus Attorney for about 9 years and no complaints. It is the best product we have found. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Amicus Attorney. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would advise any legal firm to go with Amicus Attorney. It is affordable and a must have for any legal firm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Amicus Attorney has helped the firm with the calendar and deadlines. There is a feature which will notify you of deadlines 30, 15, 5 days ahead of time. It has a daily to do list, which is very helpful. It also has a date calculator which is extremely helpful when calendaring trial Orders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Everything is consolidated and very simple to use. I enjoy the extra tabs in the File category to store important client information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't enjoy how some windows can only be closed by the 'Close' button despite there being an 'X' in the top right corner. I also would like to be able to use my 'Enter' key to accept and move onto the next screen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very streamlined and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I enjoy being able to sync the calendar with Outlook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

It is an all in one solution for a small office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Visually, it could be better with larger text in the work screens. Even with a large monitor it is often too hard to read due to small fonts. The Outlook synch is not intuitive and the support tips on the log in screen don't help much. Finally, Amicus should provide an integrated accounting function rather than forcing users to buy another program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gives me the means to accurately keep client files up to date and set appointments. It is a good conflict checker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

The windowed platform is easy to use. I also appreciate the many different systems that are integrated into the system such as Excel, QuickBooks, Outlook, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system is very complex , but is manageable through training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Opt for all training platforms available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am being formally trained (after 10 years of use). I am discovering tha tthe program has so much more capability than we have ever been able to utilize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I like the Tasks feature. I work with various clients and files that have numerous deadlines. Having the option to create a reminder to do certain tasks is helpfuly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like more alerts/notifications when I receive a telephone call or telephone message. I wish I could receive a pop-up alert when I receive a message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you work in an industry where you are required to meet certain deadlines, Amicus Attorney is helpful in reminding you to complete said deadlines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problem of not missing any deadlines. I have deadlines that aren't due for up to 9 months, and it's easy to forget those tasks when 9 months has passed. So being able to complete "to-do's" through Amicus is helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Generally, the ability to keep track of every minute that you are in the office, or out of office and on your mobile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am in South Africa, and I suspect that my data is stored out of Africa. For using the online email facility, this makes it very laggy. The data download from a report to Excel is clunky as it downloads numbers as labels, and dates not in a format recognised by Excel. The data should not need tinkering to get it Excel-friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The product is understandably priced in $. For those in countries with third world currencies, it makes the asking price high but - for me - worth it. (As a double frustration, the currency options in the package are not flexible. In South Africa I would like reports etc to reflect R or ZAR, not $. Not available). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been an Amicus user for upward of 20 years so I am fully aware of the benefits the previous versions of the software had to offer. Specific to my move from 2011 to AO, the ability to keep track of the enormous amount of time I spend answering emails has been extremely useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Amicus Attorney is helpful in keeping up with appointments, deadlines and reminders. It is an invaluable service for this feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downside to Amicus Attorney is the email portion. It continuously stops syncing emails or has emails already dealt with, reappear. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are no business problems that Amicus Attorney is helping to solve but it greatly helps with keeping up with appointments, reminders and deadlines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

The collaboration of data that Amicus Attorney provides is invaluable in keeping information associated with multiple files. Having contact information for people is convenient, but to have the files that person is associated with and when you had your last contact and to be able to set reminders to follow up has been a staple of our firm's productivity for decades. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One thing that has been an issue in the past is the sheer magnitude of the program, which has overwhelmed PCs at times. However, in the last few upgrades we have done, this seems to be less of an issue than in years passed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Filing is a time suck in any office. With Amicus, you are able to electronically file the information (in the moment, not needing to input it at a later date/time). The timer for each activity that is connected to a file, along with the notes you can take for any communications with clients that are date stamped and already 'filed' is a huge time savings benefit that we have bene able to utilize in our office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It allows us to run our firm without an office manager, bookkeeper, and additional support staff, thereby savings us substantial staff and overhead expenses annually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

More expensive than most other software at the outset, but ends up being well worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Ability to keep all related documents together, client portal, integrated email, billing, contacts, phone messaging, task tracking Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. Inability to selectively choose which of multiple clients can see a file via client portal when there are more than one client assigned to a file. E.g. when setting up multiple estate documents for a family, we want to make all relevant estate documents available to parents via the client portal, and only selected documents available to each child via the client portal. Today only the "client" role can see specified documents once individual is given client portal access.

2. Inability to have subfolders within a folder within documents

3. Inability to assign status to files. For instance, marking a document as draft, approved, in process.... and to see and sort on its status when opening documents window would be very helpful for managing workflow

4. File terminology confusing as a client's a file and a document within that file are both called "file" -- makes discussion of either difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client interactions and communication tracking, document management, billing, task management, calendaring Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sole Practitioner
What do you like best?

Now that the programme integrates more easily with PCLaw, I am really pleased that it seems nothing gets overlooked. the only downside is that the integration with Outlook only goes one way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Outlook docketing only goes one way: if I want to send an email to a client or other, that's great - but, if I receive an email in Outlook, I can't move it to Amicus or do anything with it - and if I forget to docket the whole process, the receiving and the replying, then I have lost all that time - which i do far too often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The relatively complete integration of everything I do is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

Amicus Attorney allows me to track all communications by person and by file. It integrates with outlook, which automatically pulls in all emails with people who are in my contact list. This function also helps me keep track of time entry for time spent on email communications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The program integration with outlook had been glitching for me for the last few months, which is very frustrating. I'm getting crashes several times per week, which may or may not be the same issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Integration with other programs is excellent. I am using the desktop version rather than the cloud version, and host all the data on my local machine, so it is available to me even if not online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is an outstanding Case Management solution, and I love having all past communications available. This allows for easy conflict checks. It also helps me keep track of all my time, so I can bill appropriately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Unfortunately I do not, the design of the application and the feature set that it provides simply are no longer relevant. Examples, Contact Management is now done primarily in Office 365 because attorneys need their contacts on the go (Amicus Exchange Sync is crap and isn't reliable). Calendaring is the same thing, document management is very outdated in that it doesn't support modern file repositories such as Share Point etc... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That the application has not been re-imagined recently. It's very outdated and no longer in sync with the modern law firm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't... Your law firm deserves better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Amicus is the CAUSE of the problems I face on a daily basis. Normally obscure SQL error messages not allowing users to save records, or the sync malfunctioning causing our attorneys to lose $1000 or more because of the missed appointments... This is critically bad and I have to suffer the abuse when it happens. It's lead to me recommending more modern solutions to our clients. I actively try to move people off Amicus whenever I can to avoid the loss of money, and reputation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Natalie Lara of Amicus Attorney

Hi Dan,

We are sorry to hear that your experience using Amicus Attorney has been anything but stellar. Our customer support team has reached out to you and will try back again to ensure your synching issues have been resolved.

Thank you for taking the time to review. Our goal is to provide exceptional customer service and products, and your feedback helps us deliver on that goal.

UL
What do you like best?

It is easy to keep all of my notes and case thoughts in one place. I also like how simple it is to task thoughts, send sticky notes, and keep time if need be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Saving emails to the file seems to be a 25 step process when I feel as if it could be simplified. I wish there was a more streamline process, but I'm not sure what that could be - perhaps just taking out the constant prompts to add people to the "People" folder. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't have to continually check up with my staff to see what has been done on the file. I can set tasks for paralegals and ensure they are completed without much effort. I also like that I can keep time in one place, although most of the time I forgot to actually add my time in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's very nice having one software that takes care of all our needs. Now, we don't have to use multiple applications to keep our records and do business. It's all captured in one software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is not really a dislike; however, the only thing I would add is an employee time tracker for when they clock in for the day, clock out/in for lunch and then clock out for the day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Amicus Attorney is an excellent software and a must have for any attorney business. Whether you are just starting your practice, or you have been in business for many years, Amicus Attorney can handle your case loads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the issue of utilizing one software for our record keeping, invoicing, document producing, and client records. It is very nice utilizing one software for multiple applications instead of using multiple applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I work for three attorneys so it is very useful for keeping track of schedules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have been using it for years and so I cannot think of anything I dislike about the program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very user friendly program for attorneys and staff to keep track of calendars for all attorneys in the office. I can easily get to another attorney's calendar to check for conflicts. It is also good for calendaring tasks to keep track of key deadlines and to enter time daily to keep track of hours spent on a particular file. Everything is easy to access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of attorney schedules and conflict checks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Mostly user friendly and helps us to stay organised. I love the to-do list. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would have been great if Amicus Billing was a full function accounting system. We have to duplicate invoices/receipts in our accounting system for record purposes. I probably dislike the updates the most. There is always an issue with the updates. To be fair it may have to do with our server setup so I am not necessarily blaming Amicus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to manage our time very efficiently. It is obviously very important to keep record of our time for billing purposes. It is also helpful to be able to schedule appointments and keep tabs on lawyer activity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We love the calendar feature and the communications feature! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are really no downsides. The interface is slightly outdated, but works great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to time and calendar everything in one program! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.