Flickr Reviews & Product Details

Flickr Overview

What is Flickr?

Stunning photos and stories, event announcements, latest news, and much more from within the Flickr community.

Flickr Details
Discussions
Flickr Community

SmugMug
2002
Mountain View, CA
@SmugMug
Answer a few questions to help the Flickr community
Have you used Flickr before?

Flickr Reviews

Showing 106 Flickr reviews
Already have Flickr?
Pedicab Owner
What do you like best?

I was fortunate enough to use Flickr after Yahoo Pictures started charging money. Flickr gave me slideshows of my Best photos on my Trips in the Mediterrainan in the roaring 1990ies that I could show to partners Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Never had a problem with Flickr at all in my life Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Name everybody in photographs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m a hopeless Nostalgic. Flickr helped to remember Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Flickr
What do you like best?

Everything is stored in one place, I can download different sizes of my pictures, you can share albums. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to search photos on the website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We upload our weekly Sunday photos onto Flickr. Helps us have easy access to all of our photos when we need them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

If photographers get a picture they like, they upload it to Flickr. There I find varieties of styles and techniques that I use in other photo sessions, it also allows me to have a portfolio to show my abilities and compare my work over time, this has made me improve my capture techniques and methods. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only way that exists to buy a photograph is to contact the photographer, it would be easier if they established a price, a method to receive payments and a procedure to allow the use of the images commercially once the payment is made so that the Buyer be sure of what you buy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have improved my photography techniques and styles since I use Flickr frequently, if they are photographers or digital artists do not hesitate to use it, it is an excellent option to meet new and very talented people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have learned a little more than what I learned in the university in a very short time seeing the techniques of other photographers, this, along with online courses helps me to get out of my comfort zone and try new techniques and types of photography, before only I was taking landscape photographs and portraits and now I am already taking commercial photography. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

From my point of view it is the best photographic social network in the world, not only focusing on photographs with high photographic quality but any quality and of any subject, I have found inspiration in photographs that do not have such good quality but good composition and elements , allows us to understand how the photograph was taken because it mentions the values and characteristics of the camera, this can help beginner photographers to understand how light works in photographs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is an excellent platform, I consider it the best photographic network. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If they are photographers or want to be they should use this platform, they can find inspiration or inspire others. Let's support this great community of photographers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Many times photographers need more ideas and inspiration from other photographers to make new creations, flickr is that, by connecting with photographers with different levels of experience and tastes one can capture their ideas and replicate them in their own original creations for my commercial photo shoots, also I have supported people who have just started buying their photographs and I have given feedback to encourage them to continue and improve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My 2 great passions are graphic design and photography, Flickr gave me the opportunity to know the work of other photographers around the world with whom I have shared experiences and received advice directly, I can know what type of photographic equipment they occupy and what are the settings they use in each scenario. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They should improve their security systems, I don't feel safe sharing my photographs knowing that they can download and use them, getting good pictures is expensive and I think they should pay for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I studied graphic design and did not have a good photography training at university, Flickr allowed me to meet many people who are passionate photographers and who are willing to share ideas and advice to people who have just started in the world of photography, on Flickr There are many talented people who inspire me to continue learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing, design and marketing
What do you like best?

Thanks to this social network I can store and share my photographs with friends and users, where you can make albums and collections of them and be able to catalog them as you want, placing names and tags for your best search on the web. There is the simple version and the Pro that you have to pay a subscription but you have the advantage of loading the photos at a better resolution and more weight.

With this platform, if used in a good way, it can be achieved until the photographs are marketed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A disadvantage is that if you use the free version you can only upload up to 1 GB of information and if you want them to be viewed at a higher resolution you must sign up for Flickr Pro that allows you to upload an unlimited amount of photographs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using this wonderful social network as it allows you to share photo albums and make collections of them. In addition to that you can label and describe the photos and so you can tell a story about it to make it more interesting and be able to expose the photographic work and sell the product if required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I currently use this platform to interact with my friends and users that I follow and follow me and there I share my photo albums. It also serves as a guide when I want to see collections from other users and share impressions of them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Team Manager
What do you like best?

What I like about this application is because it is fundamentally with its ability to manage images using tools that allow me to tag my photos, store, sort, search, sell and share videos online, I can also use it from any mobile device to share photos on The way and the best thing is that it has a simple configuration that allows me to share photos only with those I want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It has nothing to bother me, I can only say that it helps a lot to determine the people who can see my images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Flickr system allows you to search for images by labels, by date and by Creative Commons licenses. Other features are the RSS and Atom channels and the API that allows independent developers to create services and applications linked to Flickr. The service is based on the usual features of HTML and HTTP, allowing it to be usable on multiple platforms and browsers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helped me a lot to improve my photographs so that my clients classify me as their best provider of instant photos and it has also allowed me to add the possibility of uploading high-definition videos and expanded the option to upload videos, upload upload photos from my desktop, send by email or use your mobile camera, organize and use collections sets and tags to organize my photos and videos, share where your photos and videos were taken and see photos and videos taken near you, do things: sexy cards, albums, framed prints, recalls at Target stores, DVDs, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Programmer and Design
What do you like best?

I like to place the photographs of all the projects done because there I can share with all the users the photographs I have taken and thus be able to promote my photography work. It's perfect because it allows me to organize photos by albums and labels, also allows you to create collections.

It has a paid version that allows you to upload more photos Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the free version, when publishing the photographs they lose clarity, as it is a free program any person of your contacts can steal your photograph. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using this social network to share with all contacts the photographic material of a photographer and if you have the paid version it allows you to store a large number of photographic images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am currently using Flickr to promote all the photographic material to share it with all my contacts and the benefit it provides is that it allows you to organize and label the photos by albums and collections. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President of Finance
Insurance
What do you like best?

I love that Flickr allows you to search for images by their overall main color. I have used it when I was searching for a professional desktop background. I wanted a purple background, so I clicked the purple search by tab. I was given hundreds of pictures that had my favorite color in them. If you search a name, image, or place, you can see many pictures of the subject that are exactly what you are looking for. Also, if you want to have a picture blog that the public can see, Flickr makes that possible. The resolution of every image is amazing. Comparing it to Facebook, where they often decrease the resolution so it can upload quickly to your page. Flickr is simple and a beautiful website. It allows users to look up images from either now or years ago with a click of a button. My absolute favorite quality of Flickr is the resolution of the images on the site. I have never seen a website that allows for such clear and high resolution images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The layout when searching for images is a little overwhelming. However, I don't believe there is a better layout for this type of image search. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use for beginners! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving the issue of finding beautiful, high quality images with a click of a button. I have realized that image searching on Flickr is easy and allows users to find pictures even by their overall color. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Writer
What do you like best?

The best part of Flickr by far is the transparency when it comes to photo licensing. I have often used it to find images to complement my own blog posts and have recommended it to clients as well. It is comforting to know with certainty that you are featuring an image in compliance with its licensing and crediting the correct source properly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I find it hard to find the kind of images I’m looking for, but creative searching usually turns up something that I can apply. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read the fine print if you are using images as stock photos. Be careful with attribution and credit properly. The photographers deserve their credit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding images that can be published with correct attribution in conjunction with online content. Also, image file sharing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
Retail
What do you like best?

Before the advent there was Flickr, call me old school and being sentimental, thank you, i still prefer my good old Flickr, i still use Flickr and share fond memories on Flickr. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, just that it lacks the spunk of Instagram (Which i don't really mind!) besides that Flickr is still cool to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Flickr allowed me to share fond memories with friends, family, business associates and so much more, before the likes of Instagram, Facebook etc gained traction, Flickr was doing great (Still doing great) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

On-Line Business Manager, Owner
What do you like best?

Flickr is a good site to store and find quality, tagged images for your social media posts. Additionally, if the image is tagged "creative commons", you are able to use it without incurring expenses.

Recent change: you will not need to login with a Yahoo user account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the images can be slow to load. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Always select "creative commons" while searching for an image you wish to use on your blog or social media post Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding quality images for social media posts and blogs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I'm a tech junkie. I like automation. It's great that it's possible to utilize IFTTT with Flickr. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I hate that Yahoo sold Flickr to a company that decided that they were going to delete thousands of photos from free accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's good for managing media for groups and even for your website, as you can use a Flickr module. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Flickr is very similar to instagram! I enjoy the smooth platform and never have had an issue with loading that I often get on Instagram. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Flickr takes some time to get used to for use but after getting use to it, it is easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time and you will do just fine! We are excited to finally have a platform we can all use. They even have an app that you can use on the go. Our team gives the platform an A+ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to share photos and albums with my coworkers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that it is generally easy to navigate and user friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not as much complexity to the system to allow for additional features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Photo sharing in an easy to access way for multiple users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher
What do you like best?

I like that with the gps feature on my camera this will geotag your photos on the map. There are many groups for whatever your interest and subject matter might be. I photograph landmarks, buildings, etc and get a lot of exposure and make a lot of connections on flickr through the groups. The UI is simple, clean and easy to understand. Uploads are a breeze and organizing photos into albums is easy too. This is easily the best photography website on the internet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. There is nothing that I dislike about flickr. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if you have geotagging feature on your phone make sure you have it enabled to take advantage of flickrs feature. Join the groups and make connections! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have gained exposure to people throughout the country who have contacted me to order prints of my photographs or use my photographs in publications, including the cover of the local telephone directory! (yes they still print those) Flickr is all about connections, connections, connections! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Proprietario
What do you like best?

you can easily organize large quantities of photos taken with different photo tools and share them through online applications, in the web browser, via MMS or e-mail immediately after taking the picture. The photographs are cataloged through keywords and tags, place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the possibility, only for paid users, to upload videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

thanks to this app I managed to create and edit my photos of the dishes we serve in the company. they came really well, I'm satisfied because they look like photos of professionals Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technology Teacher, School Technology Coordinator, Yearbook Advisor, STLP Co-Sponsor
Education Management
What do you like best?

It is easy to store and share photos on Flickr. It is easy to find friends. Flickr can be used to share photos for Creative Commons Licensing. The amount of space on Flickr for the free account is 1 TB which is also a pro of Flickr. Flickr allows for great organization of your photos, too, which can come in handy. It is nice to be able to see what others have posted and shared which really adds to Flickr. You can also make a book from your photos with a partner company that it embedded into the site. There are a lot of options with Flickr including upgrading to a Pro Account which is what some are looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not many of my friends use Flickr, and logging in to find friends gave me errors with facebook and Google. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This can be used to create and share photos and albums. It has a lot of space, so this is a way to share a lot of photos. These photos can be made public to share with various Creative Commons Licensing. This can also show up in Google Images Search. This is a way to host photos that you want to share with others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is a great way to share with others in business, but to also allow for photos to be made public to allow for Creative Commons Licensing to be shared with others-especially students-to discuss Creative Commons Licensing in relation to Copyright. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

It's so user friendly and can handle high-quality pics. I especially love being able to safely share and upload images in an organized platform. We definitely plan to continue using Flickr at my work place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things I don't like about this site, however, if I can make a suggestion, it would be being able to download images in batches, so that downloads aren't so time-consuming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sharing school event pictures by creating multiple albums. It makes it easy to, upload/download, as well as access for parents and students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Great photo sharing website. By default it has photo copyright to any photo you upload Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Layout is a little confusing. However, thus is same with any other photo sharing app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes it is good app or cloud base photo sharing and storing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I sell item on eBay. And I upload images on Flickr so that I can share Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student Researcher
What do you like best?

I get to share pictures from company events and display photos for commercial needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really have no complaints with Flickr. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I love using Flickr to share and organize pictures of different events in our department. It is easy to use and keeps everything organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keep pictures and slideshows from company events organized and allow your team members to see all the pictures without having to look for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love this website for the huge storage that you are allocated for free! I also like the sharing capabilities and being able to see so many other public photos. I have used it beyond my business needs to see many photos as updates for some of my favorite companies and destinations that I hope to visit one day! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I can think of that I dislike about this website is the fact that I have not found it to connect to much else of social media whereas Instagram is part of Facebook. I also do not know as many people that use it as use many other sites such as Dropbox and even Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and just emailing or sharing files with thumb drives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend Flickr to anyone who needs photo storage and/or sharing opportunities! I have thoroughly enjoyed the use of this website over the last few years! I love being able to follow SpaceX and see their latest updates and preparations for their future launches. I am not sure why SpaceX uses the platform so strongly but I find it a lot more effective than scrolling through Twitter and Instagram to be able to find a large collection of their photos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to solve business problems with Flickr by sharing photos throughout projects and evaluations. I have realized the benefits of not worrying about flash drives or emails as much anymore as we are able to just share links and have extra storage while using Flickr, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic Designer AmeriCorps VISTA
Graphic Design
What do you like best?

I love the new update, that you can create albums, the fact that you can see which photos gain more attention than others, and especially the wide use of the website for the header on top. I love the way you can see where the photo was taken, it really shows depth to not only a visual aspect, but some information about how it was and where. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel like its a bit out-dated, may only have a narrow audience, for photographers to show their work. But, I believe since its update in design from the previous (more than 5 years ago) the traction it has gained is probably from loyal customers for Flickr. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep up the great design and interface, this is easy to use, beautiful to look at, and practical in all the functions of the website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The partnerships that Flickr has prevents me from having to find a good printer for books or albums. It is all in one place, super convenient. Partnerships with Adobe, Blurb, and others is a great way to incentivize people to become a PRO member, instead of only the free trial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student assistant for Health Information
Food & Beverages
What do you like best?

Easy of uploading all documents in one place, Easy to share with a large group of people and easily accessible with the app. It has a good gallery segregation where the photos are divided into selfies, camera, whatsapp photos etc. What I love is the fact that the photos are private and secured and not prone to breaking in. People with Windows phone (In those days) as well as an apple phone could access with equal ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very few people use Flikr in their day to day lives. Most people opt for Google Drive these days as they can store work files and make word documents and powerpoint slides all at one place. Flikr does not have such facilities. I don't like the fact that we have to register to become a member of flikr as it spams the inbox with unneccessary email and pings us as soon as some activity within a group takes place. I check it anyway, why email me and waste your energy and my time? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very few people I know use Flikr in their day to day lives even though it is a good app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Flikr helps to combine workplace photos in one place and provides good communication medium between colleagues. However, like I said, it is not an official workplace software. It has a free version which the employees used to share photos and videos informally among the organization as it was easily installed on the desktop. It relies on the standard HTML which is available everywhere these days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.