4.2 out of 5
Do you work for Photos?

Photos Reviews & Product Details

What is Photos?

All your photos. Always with you and picture perfect.

Photos Profile Details

Photos Profile Details

Apple
Description
Apple’s three software platforms — iOS, OS X and watchOS — provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud.
1976

Photos Reviews

1-50 of 147 total Photos reviews

Photos Reviews

1-50 of 147 total Photos reviews
Photos review by Joseph H.
Owner
Media Production

"Simple yet practical"

What do you like best?

I love that you can select multiple photos for deletion at one time. You can swipe your finger to the side and down, to choose large numbers of consecutive photos for deletion. The groupings are very intuitive, as the app separates photos by movies, apps, location, privacy settings, etc. The editing tool is minimalistic, but somehow has all of the essentials like Crop, Tint, Rotate, and Markup.

What do you dislike?

There is literally nothing that I dislike about this app. When I bought my first iPhone, they didn't have the categorization that they have now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since the app comes pre-installed on Apple devices, I honestly see no reason to seek out other photo organizers.

This app is an amazing tool for posting photos to social media, because of the great editing features. I use Crop more that any other feature. Markup is great for creating your own memes. Overall, I would say that the biggest benefit is being able to share photos to all major platforms. AirDrop is definitely my favorite method of sending files, because I also have an iPad and a Mac.

Photos review by Corine A.
Video Editor and Web Designer
Media Production
(Myself Only)

"Beautiful and functional photo organization software"

What do you like best?

Apple Photos has a clean, visually pleasing interface and a plethora of photo organizing and editing features. It integrates seamlessly with other Apple software and is a pleasure to use.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit of getting used to if you are switching over from iPhoto. The layout is different and some of the features I was used to using in iPhoto had been removed, and other new features added in their place. It is very intuitive once you get used to it but it was a little bit of an adjustment.

My clients rely on me for tech support with their Apple products. I have to keep abreast of any and all new Apple software updates so that I can be ready to assist my clients and help them use the software themselves. I have helped countless clients use Apple Photos and I appreciate that it is simple, clean and mostly pretty straightforward. Many of my clients are not very tech savvy so it is helpful for me that Apple Photos is not too difficult for them to learn.

Photos review by Amy A.
Photographer
Photography

"Photos"

What do you like best?

I can't say enough good things about the Photos app! The storage capacity highly exceeds any expectations I had regarding photo storage devices. The sync to Apple iPhones is a huge plus. It takes photo organization to a whole new level! Greatest part is that Photos automatically sorts photo files by date (or whatever you choose). Export and import are both extremely easy (manually or drag and drop). Photos comes with its own photo editor, too, which also exceeds expectations! You can 'favorite' photos which saves them in their own easy to access album, and you can create your own albums and sub albums outside of the automatic ones.

What do you dislike?

I find it more difficult than it should be to open photos from the Photos app in other apps (eg Adobe apps). It ends up being a 5 step process instead of just dragging and dropping.

This is the first step in my photo editing process. From session to laptop, my raw files go straight to the Photos app where it is very easy to create an individualized album for each session and do minor adjustments such as curves, black point, black and white, etc. This is an imperative step in my business!

Photos review by Andrew G.
Creative Director
Publishing

"Life is so much easier with Photos"

What do you like best?

Google Photos is my first stop for all photo reviews and editing. I take photos with my mobile phone, and a few seconds later they are available for review and edit on my desktop or tablet with the Goole Photos add-on included. It's like having a 'lite' version of Photoshop, I get a lot of built in effects and editing features and I can save, send, post or edit photos on my phone. I basically use Photos exclusively now that it has been integrated to Google Drive.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Photos is that it wasn't available in its current form a few years ago. I can remember how hard it was to locate photos or transfer them from my phone to my computer in the past, sometimes I would email them to myself. Now that all happens behind the scenes and my photos are stored in my Drive folder. So that's not really a criticism I guess, huh.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using it today -- you will be glad you did!

I do a lot of field photo work for the travel writing I do in Southern California. Photos helps me organize images by date, save them to grouped folders, and share them with creative partners almost instantly.

Photos review by Jaime L.

"con photos tus fotos están a salvo"

What do you like best?

Lo que mas me gusta de esta aplicación es que al disponer de un ordenador mac y un iPhone las fotos se cuelgan instantáneamente. Además permite almacenar las imágenes y vídeos de muchas formas diversas.Apple Photos es una aplicación gratuita, divertida y muy fácil de usar para acceder, organizar y compartir tus fotos y videos. Aunque no es un editor de fotos o videos robusto y completo, ofrece una buena selección de herramientas de edición esenciales que van más allá de lo que ofrece Google Photos.

What do you dislike?

No me gusta que para descargar imágenes de un dispositivo fotográfico el tiempo de duración de la descarga es muy alto.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo la utilización de este producto a usuarios al menos si disponen diferentes dispositivos Apple

Los beneficios que obtener con este tipo de almacenaje son sencillos. Separar en carpetas diferentes y modificar imágenes para sacarles el mayor provecho posible

Photos review by Jithin J.
Member
(Myself Only)

"The gallery"

What do you like best?

The grid layout, the memory view and the search features are best ever features I enjoy with ‘photos’. Which the search features enables us to seach by places, people and the type. It offers simple editing where as connects the photoshop express as I am using the app.

What do you dislike?

The one of most awesome feature is the live photos, but when I converting the live photos to gif image, the clarity of the photo is lost drastically. It’s good to organize photos by foldering, but it’s making aliases of photos in different folder. Having many folders and auto creation of folders for different apps is just unfriendly interfacing

The ‘Photos’ helped me to organize my photos and helped me to do some simple editing works

Photos review by Tim T.
Freelance Designer
Design

"The best photos app out there"

What do you like best?

It's really hard to list all the things I like best about Google Photos because there is just so much. The number one best feature is the automatic backup and sync to your Google account. I can view all my photos and videos at photos.google.com. Once everything is backed up (done automatically over wifi), I can delete the media from my phone to free up space, but everything is still accessible/viewable in the app. I'm on an educational account so I have free unlimited storage. Same if you have a Google Pixel phone. Everyone else can get free, unlimited storage by downsizing their photos to HD quality instead of the original resolution their camera uses. Good enough for casual users, but I prefer original.

The user interface and interactions are all well done and easy to use. Basic editing tools within the app are good enough for me to use without having to use Snapseed or something else.

I can tag faces in my photos and then search for people, locations, times, or objects to find whatever I want. I don't use this very often, but I love that it's there.

One of my favorite features is the assistant that makes automatic animations, stylized photos, and movies for me. It's unexpected and a lovely surprise that usually turns out well. It's cool because it does something with my photos that I would like, but probably wouldn't do on my own time. Most of the stylized photos don't look super great, but some are real keepers. I usually don't keep the automatic collages it makes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there's no way to organize photos into folders, and moving them into albums keeps them in my main photo feed. Otherwise I would upload photos from my DSLR and create unified albums with a combination of camera/phone photos.

It's great for tagging images that I might need to find later for clients or stock images. It's also great to create shared albums that multiple people can contribute to.

Photos review by Erin S.
Student

"Simple Application, Easy Timeline Organization"

What do you like best?

I like the setup of the application-- you can create folders based on literal faces of people in the photos, by timeline, or by place. It's easy to navigate for anyone of any digital skill level. The editing software is good to help automatically level out the photo and to correct coloring. Photos can be made to look semi-professional in this program for free.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way this application makes some photos undeletable off of the phone they have been transferred onto (computer to phone). It is a pain and takes up storage space, and is a function that must be fixed. I also dislike the limitations of the editing software, and it would be nice to be able to "flatten" out photographs of documents that have been taken so that they may be seen from a direct overhead view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start right away with making folders in order to keep your images and videos organized from the get-go.

Photos is an easy and free way to store images of any size or type. It makes organizing photos easy and simple. It is also easy to share photos across many devices with the same Apple ID instantly without any trouble. This makes it simple to let all users have access to the same data.

Photos review by Jessie P.
Manager

"Best photo storage ever"

What do you like best?

Google Photos is the best storage platform because it's FREE, unlimited image storage. I love that it can be access anywhere since it's through your Google account, and the editing feature is awesome. As a professional and personal user, I can edit and download the photos I want to use when I work from a desktop, and edit and share right from the app on Mobile. It saves me time and effort when using photos or videos. I love that you can search by date, names, subjects, or anything - it's amazing!

What do you dislike?

It seems to only back up over wifi, which can be frustrating when I'm away from wifi and using 4G data. Honestly that is my only critique!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely necessary for small businesses/nonprofit who don't have the budget for other platforms. Photos does everything you could need it to and then some!

As a nonprofit with limited budget, Photos allows us to do so much at no cost, allowing us to put our funds towards other priorities. The cloud storage frees up our server to store other important documents and files and helps keep non-image files separate. This has been a fundamental game changer for our organization in terms of time saving, storage space, and editing capability.

Photos review by Arzu B.
Senior Designer
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Simple photo library"

What do you like best?

Photos is a great app! I love how I can keep all my photos in one place and retrieve them in a heartbeat. The editing options are more than sufficient for an amateur photographer. Removing unwanted shadows, cropping out nonsense, and even having some filters to play around with are helpful. I love the retouching tool for everything from a facial blemish to an unsightly stain on a carpet.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike at all. It's what you would expect and more. I do wish it was possible to create larger books with the book create option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an easy, streamlined photo library app, this is the one to use. You'll have all the tools you need right at your fingertips. It's NOT a professional photographer's program, but it'll make you feel like one!

When I need a quick edit for an event photo, Photos is such a fast option. It's also nice to enhance and crop the photos we DO get so it's more appropriate to post on social media, etc. And in line with the photo book creator, it provides to be a more streamlined process than the online photo websites. It's much easier to manipulate.

Photos review by Caitlyn W.
Department Assistant
Higher Education

"Great for storage and sharing, so-so in other areas"

What do you like best?

I love it for storing and sharing my photos and I love that I'm able to access the same photos between my phone and my mac. That makes it really helpful for posts to my business's social media accounts (particularly Instagram)

What do you dislike?

The editing features aren't anything to write home about. I'd prefer to edit a photo in Instagram to bump up the appearance. I definitely don't use it for my professional work. I also don't like that, when using my Mac, I cannot right-click photos to export them. That's such a natural tendency when trying to save an image and it's more of an annoyance that Photos doesn't have 'export' in the drop-down menu upon right-clicking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this to anyone who needs to manage their photos quickly and easily and allow access between several devices. As far as editing, though, it's all pretty bare bones and too easy to click the default settings and make photos look lower quality.

I'm getting photos between multiple platforms quickly. I can grab a photo in Photos to edit or save to my desktop or I can airdrop one really quickly to get it elsewhere. Being a photographer means I utilize several different devices for my photos multiple times a day. Photos helps make that process quick and seamless.

Photos review by Rebeca P.
Owner/CEO
Graphic Design

"One of my best discoveries from 2018!"

What do you like best?

I like everything! Just to mention a few things:

A friend introduced me to this app because I was complaining that my phone was almost out of GBs and that I have more than 90% of its capacity invested in photos and videos. He told me to use Photos, you can set it up so st the same time that you took the picture it was updated to Photos. You can now delete your pic in your phone and still, have it when you need it if you enter into the app. Also it is super easy to search for dates or any specific order.

What do you dislike?

I love everything. I think it needs a few bug fixes talking about face recognising or advance editing.

I have very big quality files in my phone. I use Google Photos to keep my phone's memory in good shape and still be able to work with all my files.

Photos review by User in Photography

"An excellent Free Service with iphone"

What do you like best?

It is easy to navigate, always have it with you 24/7, its your miniature portfolio in your pocket, ready to show photos to prospective clients in a matter of minutes.

You can have your photos set to dates/ subject/ type. You can create projects, have your photos printed into calendars, books, cards and other items. It stores your memories safely. You can store both videos and photos.You can sync your photos from your iphone to your Mac book if you wish. You can create a slide show of your photos, editing tools, insert metadata.

What do you dislike?

It can be a pain (on the iphone) when you want to organise the photos, or put them into folders. It can't replace professional software. I only really use it on my iphone although it is installed on my Mac book. (I use to daily on my phone, but do not sync to my Mac.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't recommend it for Mac users if they are professional photographers, but for general hobbyist photographers, snappers it would suit the purpose. It actually does have a lot of features installed in it, but if you have problems with your Mac book you would likely lose all your photos if you don't back up elsewhere.

Can take photos on the go on your iphone, quickly show a potential client your professional images you may have stored in an album.

Photos review by Benjamin V.
Senior Visual Design Manager and Art Director

"Simple to use, not very feature rich."

What do you like best?

Photos has gotten really good at organizing images by place or even identifying faces. It's fun and easy to see where you've taken your photos. There is a decently slick interface, and in classic Apple fashion, the UI is sharp and crisp. Controls are relatively easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Apple has a habit of dumbing down their products, giving the illusion of simplicity, when you often need more customization than they're giving you. Sometimes the app will hang when I'm editing a large file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a feature rich solution, then Lightroom by Adobe is the easiest choice. But if you're not a pro editor, it can be intimidating, making Photos an easy and simple choice.

Simple importing of event photos, organizing work-related images is easy. Decent image editor for on the fly edits. If there are times when quick organization of event photos are needed, the Photos app works great. It's less helpful if you're seeking edited images.

Photos review by Linda S.
multi-media artist

"Indispensable!"

What do you like best?

The fact it works across all my Apple devices. I have, like, well over 3,000 photos! I am a visual artist and I would say a medium-level coder. Definitely NOT a rock star engineer as of yet!

What do you dislike?

The fact that sometimes I find it hard to find specific files. SO many categories of photos!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please use it freely! I suggest NOT keeping porn or other inapppropriate photos on it, especially if you ever work in public WiFi spaces or around small children!

Keeping everything in sync! I have printed out and sold some of my best photos on my handmade artist’s greeting cards.

Photos review by ★ Salvador C.
Auxiliar administrativo
Financial Services

"Photos is my ideal application to see my photos in my imac "

What do you like best?

The best of Photos is its ease of use, its fast synchronization with other devices associated with Photos through the Apple ecosystem and the easy visualization of all the photos you have on all devices that use the program associated with your Apple account.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the worst thing is that it is still a fairly closed program to other operating systems outside of Apple ... and that we would like to unify photographs of several different operating systems without having to download the photos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have Apple devices and want to unify all your photos in a simple but effective program, Photos is the ideal program where you will find all your photos synchronized and hosted thanks to the icloud cloud.

The ease of use to view photos between various devices within the same Apple environment whenever you use Photos with your associated account .

The benefits are the ease of use and the agility to have all the pictures in the ios operating system together.

Photos review by Asif K.
Agent
Financial Services

"iPhone Photos"

What do you like best?

The Default Photo App for iPhone. It was one of the reasons why I chose to work with Apple as an Apple Master. Customers enjoyed the app and it's new features to upload photos to the Cloud and improvements in different generations of iPhone.

What do you dislike?

The App's sharing capacity is limited in PCs when compared to Macs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn from an Apple Store or Best Buy which hires Apple Masters full use of the App. Otherwise use YouTube to learn how to use the app with other Apps available on the iPhone. PC Integration is useful and worth downloading iCloud for Windows.

Default Phone App for Pictures. Keeps Albums available for iOS default Apps like Mail, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and Notes.

Photos review by Internal Consultant

"A Great Photo Solution for Everyone"

What do you like best?

I like Photos because it's a simple program that's been my default for years. It is easy to start up. Easy to use. Easy to create albums. Facial recognition. Use of tags and simple editing tools.

What do you dislike?

It is not a robust program in my opinion. It's just meant for the novice user or someone that is looking for quick photo storage. I would not use that as a photo editing tool for high quality commercial images. This is meant more for personal stuff or images that don't need much altering to begin with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always remember to use tags and stay organized. make albums from the start otherwise just dumping images in there will be like searching for a needle in a haystack.

I still use Photos to import my images off my camera. Then I export to photoshop for manipulation. Biggest benefit here is it keeps me moving quickly.

Photos review by User in Consumer Goods

"Excellent for photo organization and plays well with other Mac apps!"

What do you like best?

The organization is intuitive and I save my uploads into folders organized but event or date. It recognizes people making searching easy. When creating videos in iMovie, all images and movie clips stored in my photos folder is accessible to be used for the movie without leaving the program. There is basic editing which takes care of most of the kinds of thing people need to do. It's part of iCloud so pics I take on my phone are accessible on my desktop instantly, or can be shared easily with Airdrop. There are other organization and searching features available, but I don't take advantage of them, honestly. I also like that you can hover a jpeg over the app icon on the doc, and the image drops into it without opening the software program itself which saves time. Photos stored in albums are not copied; instead the image is stored in one location with pointers from the folders which means storage space on your hard drive is saved by the elimination of saving multiple copies.

What do you dislike?

It's not as easily compatible with Adobe Photoshop Elements as the Adobe Organizer, but the superior sharing ability with my other Apple apps and hardware makes it my choice of photo organizer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you have a MAC or iPhone!

I use it mainly as a photo organizer rather than an editor and the easy, intuitive folders/album feature makes finding and storing my images (whether actual photos or marketing materials created in Photoshop Elements and save as a jpeg) a cinch. Hovering a jpeg over the app icon on the doc to drop it into "Photos" without opening the software program does not allow me to select a folder/album for storage.

Photos review by User in Real Estate

"Photos Used Several Applications of my business"

What do you like best?

What I like about photos is that it's the only thing on my IPhone, so I use it all of the time. One of the main specifics that I like is that it makes awesome videos from photos that you've selected and you can easily add music to make it personal. My teams collaborates through Slack and I upload pictures from Photos all of the time - super easy for the entire team.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Although, I wish that I could make comments directly on there or draw on it directly through the app. I have other apps to do that, which isn't hard - sometimes it would be nice to draw a circle about the focus of the picture that I'm sending to someone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We love it - it's easy to use and makes our collaboration for our entire team. A pictures says a thousand words - that's the saying, right.

Collaboration with my team. We share photos all of the time as we are located in different cities. We are consistently sending pictures to each other.

Photos review by User in E-Learning

"VIPKID Teacher using Photos"

What do you like best?

I love Photos because I can use it on my Mac and iPhone for many things with my job at VIPKID. Being an online teacher, you need pictures of everything as evidence so you aren't held accountable for issues with the server or with an IT issue that is on the student's side. I also use this program to keep all of my photos and ideas for referrals that I communicate with about getting a job here too.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about Photos. It is wonderful!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use photos to keep your pictures/screenshots organized for your job!

I love that I can use the screenshots and post them in photos as evidence so I'm not held accountable for issues with the server or with an IT issue that is on the student's side. I also use this program to keep all of my photos and ideas for referrals that I communicate with about getting a job here too. When I go to share about this company with others, I use my file in my phone or Macbook to share with them. I love that when I add photos to my phone album, it automatically updates to the Macbook app.

Photos review by Joel V.
Musician/ Recording Artist
Music

"It comes with your Mac... so why not?"

What do you like best?

It's built within your OS so why not! It's technically free. THat's honestly the best part. The feature I like best is the automatic syncing within the cloud across all of my devices. If you are exclusively using Apple products then this is for you. If not well... sorry.

What do you dislike?

Much of the time I fee like the software isn't very fluid and by that I mean it doesn't always consistently sync across the board with all of my devices so there are pretty consistent errors that happen within the file scheming that Apple has set up a lot of the time. They are so random I don't even really know how to explain it. It's annoying for sure. That and the fact that sometimes something I create on one device doesn't always show up on another. There's a lot to that under the hood I'm sure but it happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's on your phone... it's on your mac... Use it I guess... or don't?

I keep my photos organized and ready to be edited within it. It's generally pretty easy to find what you need and can save multiple copies of your pictures be it originals or different edits.

Photos review by Miriam S.
Diseñador de joyas

"Complete and very intuitive"

What do you like best?

Personally I would like to highlight the simplicity of the interface since it makes the user experience really intuitive and practical. It is also a complete application in terms of options.

What do you dislike?

From my experience with the application I have not had any complaints or problems with it, on the contrary. I think they are the best and most complete in their category.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will recomended definetely because It allows me to carry out a lot of management, modifications and changes very intuitively and in a very short time, which is why I find it very practical and useful

It allows me to carry out a lot of management, modifications and changes very intuitively and in a very short time, which is why I find it very practical and useful.

Photos review by User in Medical Devices

"Effective iPhone editing Program"

What do you like best?

The ability to organize your photos by album and the editing features available. Specifically, Photos includes a variety of light and color options that are quick and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that there were more filters available. Also, I'm not sure if there is a way to convert the photos to smaller sized files for storage purposes. I have an older phone (iPhone 5) whose storage gets filled quickly due to the size of pictures. I can only keep about 2 dozen before needing to delete or move. This may be an iPhone issue rather than a Photos issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy-to-use Program that allows you to store and edit photos. It has nine filters as well as an auto-fix application and light/color adjustment options. The editing features are adequate but not exceptional. Photo allows you to organize your pictures into albums and to easily send them elsewhere.

Oftentimes I work remotely. I've had to take photos and videos of the mechanical faults in order to ask advice from afar. Some issues have needed a macro-like setting which Photos was able to store effectively,

The photos and videos have been useful in diagnosing issues, especially because of their size and quality.

Photos review by User in Entertainment

"Easy to use, Easy to organize, Easy to find specific images!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily create albums but still keep images in the camera roll as a sort of master file. I also like that I can go through photos based on the dates which helps when I am searching for a specific photo from a certain date in the past. It makes it easier to locate when I have thousands of photos to scroll through. I also like that I can look back on older photos and I no longer have to think to myself "hmm where was this taken?" because it shows where.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I have to delete things twice to get rid of them because they stay in the recently deleted folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use for organization! SO EASY SO WORTH IT

It is easy to share folders and albums without having to constantly email everything. It is also just solving organizational problems. That is probably the number one benefit honestly.

Photos review by User in Graphic Design

"Works great!!!"

What do you like best?

Drag and drop, batch renaming, recognizes my people visually and sorts accordingly. Allows minor retouching. Let's me share privately or with many. Allows syncing with icloud and from my ipad.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't work on my inexpensive Windows phone. (I'm a mac person but even after all these years I cannot bear the thought of spending $800 on a phone when I'll need an upgrade in two years.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider it secondary to Lightroom... something you can use for quick organizing and simple adjustments.

Photos has helped me organize and share photos taken for my neighborhood non-profit work. As mentioned above, the software has helped me identify and sort all my photos. I can see / show them from icloud online, from my ipad, on my computer and on my apple tv, all because of Photos (and before that, iphoto.)

Photos review by Avisha J.
Business Head
Graphic Design

"Something easy and swift "

What do you like best?

It is a default software that comes with the MacBook and once I started using it I find it difficult to use any other photo management/editing tool

What do you dislike?

It is very basic, for editing I can do some changes/cropping but can't do heavy edits

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its simple, basic and easy for anyone using Macintosh to understand

I have a graphic design business and I store/edit my graphics and images here. I use it when I have to make basic changes to images like brightness, contrast or cropping

Photos review by User

"Apple Photos - for Personal and Business"

What do you like best?

I love the recent changes for screenshots, marking up photos and integrated editing tools. I like how easy it is to organize into groups, locations, and to share folders.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more advanced editing features so I didn't have to download other apps to supplement. I dislike that unless we want to pay for additional storage, I have to back up my photos to a third party site (Google Photos). I also think the desktop version could improve since we're constantly working across desktop/mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shared albums are a lifesaver for collaboration!

Photos allows me to communicate with my team and collaborate on client content remotely.

"Great for Quick Edits"

What do you like best?

The photo editing tools are really powerful for something that's quick and built in to Macs. It's especially helpful to do some serious edits like adjusting the levels within the app instead of needing to export it to Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to organize photos into albums. I feel like I need to press a lot of buttons just to rearrange my pictures. And I really wish it were easier to find my photos within Finder. It can be a pain trying to move something from Photos to another application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple and convenient to use as a native app built into Apple products

I collect a lot of photographic research from my iPhone, so a lot of times I need to organize my findings in Photos.

Photos review by User in Higher Education

"Photos User"

What do you like best?

It comes with Mac OS, no need to download and install another app. Automatically detects your SD card and opens the app. You can choose what photos to imports or to only import new ones on the same memory card. Comes with photo editing options which are easy to use and a quick brush up for your photos. Since everything is local, exporting is fast.

It is also the default photo app for iPhones, so you get use to it pretty quick. I like how it automatically detects your location and tell you where your took the photo. Helps in situations like you forgot where that restaurant you took the photo from is, etc.

What do you dislike?

This application has been updated multiple times through the years and some backups from previous versions are NOT compatible with the newest version. It also takes a long time to load backup files and switch between different System Photo Libraries. Mine is also unable to detect an ejected memory card, so it still shows a memory card is ready for import even though I have ejected it from my laptop.

It takes a long time to scroll through All Photos in your iPhone to find an old photo, unless you are very diligent at creating albums.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you use iPhone or Mac. Saves time and money.

Importing and editing large batch business event photos. Quick editing and retains image quality. Export is fast.

Photos review by Erin C.

"Better than iPhoto, not as good as the iOS version..."

What do you like best?

I like the speed of importing photos, especially from an iphone. I also like the automatic and fairly accurate date/year organizational methods.

What do you dislike?

I find the Mac app far less straightforward and effective than its little sister, the iOS version. I wish it had as many organizational options as the iOS version - I actually wouldn't mind an exact mimic of the iphone app at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can't live with it, can't live without it...

It's useful to have images and files that I need from work across all platforms.

Photos review by Hans K.
Graduate student
Higher Education

"Photos for Mac"

What do you like best?

This program is an easy to use way to collect and sort your photographs on your Mac. It has some basic editing software attached t this program.

What do you dislike?

The program, who coupled with igloos and an iPhone makes it difficult to permanently delete images to save space on a HD.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a fairly easy to use database for storing and sorting photographs.

I find Photos to be a good place to store images that I doin't need to adjust in Lightroom or Photoshop.

Photos review by User in Photography

"Not as reliable as other options"

What do you like best?

The integration with Apple products is great, and there are some helpful options for organizing and managing my library.

What do you dislike?

Other services are better for working with devices that aren't all linked on the same account. Also, when I'm working with other software for photo editing, it's easier to store my photos elsewhere and then import them directly. Photos does not work well for photo editing, even basic adjustments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using another method of managing your photo library if you'll be editing and storing a large gallery of photos.

Photos lets me store all of my images in one place conveniently. It is better for personal use than business use, though.

Photos review by User in Veterinary

"iphones best friend"

What do you like best?

I can take pictures on my iphone and they automatically save them to photos. From there i can easily copy, email, text, print, and edit my photo.

What do you dislike?

I don’t have much to dislike it’s a very user friendly app, but if I had to say one thing, I would like to organize my albums in the order I like.

At my job we struggled with finding time to take pictures of our dogs and uploading them to our data base. Now anyone can take out their phone snap a picture and email it with ease at any time.

Photos review by Lauren M.
Retired professional ballet dancer
Arts and Crafts

"Photos "

What do you like best?

I love the photos app. Especially when used with the cloud system. It is easy to search and find pictures. I love the editing features that Photos has as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I think the updates to photos is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to manage your photos.

I use a Mac for all of my graphic design so having an app that communicates well with the other systems in my computer is wonderful.

Photos review by User

"Apple Photos works for the job"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate interface and ability to download photos and delete from devices. I love that it shows photos in a timeline of when the photo was taken and also according to the upload date.

What do you dislike?

Needs a better way to sort and organize photos. I also would love it if there was a feature to search by photo or label the photos better when uploading. I can never seem to find old photos that I am looking for and this would help a ton.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you still back up your photos on a hard drive or other device to make sure that you don't lose any photos. Take some time to dig into the tools and features the application has to offer.

Accessing photos easily and quickly. I can plug in my device and instantly see the photos on it, edit them, download them, and even delete what I want off of the device.

Photos review by Danae C.
Lead Graphic Designer
Printing

"Pleased"

What do you like best?

I personally like most every feature of photos. It keeps things very organized by time, location, events, etc.

The photo editing that it allows too are great! I would highly recommend!

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike many of the features at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you try it you'll stick with it. Good use and very easy.

Using a new phone with a great camera, I am able to take a photo, edit, and post from photos to our online facebook and social media.

Photos review by Jessica M.
Assistant GM
Food & Beverages

"Editing tools"

What do you like best?

I use to like to use photos to edit pictures that we may use for social media marketing. I recently got a new phone & have debated whether I should download it again because I liked it so much.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it can be time consuming to get the exact effect I am wanting for each individual picture. Maybe if you could do several pictures at once if you know that they need to have the same effects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and learn to use it, play with the features and see what's available. This will save you time later

We make photos beautiful to share on social media

Photos review by User

"Love that this connects to the cloud"

What do you like best?

I love that I don't have to worry about losing my photos. I always know I am going to have enough room for my photos with the cloud. I also love that I I can access my photos any time I have internet.

What do you dislike?

I think the editor is fine, but doesn't have as many options as most editors. I like to use this program to store and to do small edits, but no major editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to store photos, but not the greatest for editing. Invest in a high quality photo editor and photos won't disappoint.

I am able to access photos for design purposes any time I need and from any computer I need. I can easily share photos to clients when I need to. I am able to download photos that clients send me in to photos without fear that I will lose them or run out of space.

Photos review by Jessie M.
Voice Teacher
Performing Arts

"Super basic and easy"

What do you like best?

Photos has come a long way! I love that you can now edit your pictures!

What do you dislike?

I would love to see even more editing features available in the future. Also, sometimes I can't access my photos or download them from the cloud. There's a circle with an asterisk inside it. I have to screenshot the picture and that's frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When my photos don't download I just screenshot them and that works.

When I need to do a quick fix on a photo (like cropping or getting rid of red eyes) I turn to photos to get it done super fast.

Photos review by Monique G.
Social Media Coordinator

"Nice Aesthetic, not a lot of useful functionality "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the iCloud functionality where my photos automatically upload to my computer's Photos. It looks very nice aesthetically and the People/Places organization is neat too.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you can't have folders within folders. It makes organizing a lot more difficult than it needs to be.

Being able to share albums privately so we can upload them from separate devices. No matte where we are we can see, share, and edit our shared photos.

Photos review by Marissa P.
Owner
Luxury Goods & Jewelry

"Photos is easy to use in a time crunch"

What do you like best?

If I can’t get on my pc to edit I know I can depend on photos. I use all of the image adjustment options from color to contrast to tone, lighting, etc. it gives a more professional look.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the download time from iCloud to edit isn’t that fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just play around with the editing software and use all of its options

It makes my images look more professional and ready for clients to view

Photos review by User in Design

"Great program for viewing and organizing photos"

What do you like best?

I like that there are many ways to access photos through sorting. Everything is automatically put into many groups, including: Time and date, location, group of photos it was uploaded with, and it even does face recognition so you can sort by person. I like that I can also create my own custom sort options as well.

What do you dislike?

As much as I like the automatic sorting options...I have also found it can cause some confusion. It can make it difficult to find something that you specifically created. I have also found that with tons of photos stored, the entire program can sometimes run slow, and glitch and crash. This is frustrating if you have searched for a specific photo and then it crashes and you have to go back and look for that photo again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out first, I think they might offer a free trial. And also, GET ORGANIZED from the start. If you get behind or get messy on the organization it can cause alot of problems. So keeping up with a good file naming convention and categorizing photos and creating folders is extremely helpful for staying organized and being able to find specific photos quickly.

It is great for the whole search feature. I can search by a person or location so I can narrow down what I am looking for. Especially it is nice if you are unfamiliar with when the photo was taken, but you might know where it was taken.

Photos review by Kristin S.
Graphic Design & Marketing
Writing and Editing

"Photo Storing and Organizing"

What do you like best?

I like that I can split my photos into different albums and specify by date and title. Photos are easy to upload from my iPhone and it is easily integrated into my computer's system.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it is hard to find the photos in Finder sometimes. Sometimes if I use Photos' in-app photo editing, when I try to upload the edited photo to an online service (ie Facebook), it uploads the original file and not the edited version. The edited version only lives in the Photos platform and not in the saved files.

I can upload photos from our conferences and events that I and my colleagues have taken on our mobile devices. I can also quickly edit photos without having to use PhotoShop thus speeding up the process for simple things like redeye, lighting, and sharpness.