Yammer

3.5
(1,178)

Yammer is a private social network that helps employees collaborate across departments, locations and business apps.

Work for Yammer?

Learning about Yammer?

Yammer Reviews

Showing 1,179 Yammer reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Yammer
Aakash G.

"Your work facebook"

What do you like best?

1. Keeps you connected with what is happening inside the organisation.

2. People can share post in different groups or on the open "All Company" group.

3. The groups can be made private or public as per the choice.

4. Admins can create notifications for important announcements for which the users will receive emails as well.

5. Seamless integration with other Office 365 tools as it is a part of the Office 365 subscription.

What do you dislike?

1. Sometimes it becomes difficult to follow all the conversations.

2. I believe there is no filter that can be applied to the post or comments which can restrict certain type.

3. The interface is due for an overhaul.

4. Sometimes, it shows notification count for new content when there is none present.

It acts as a centralised place where the company make all the announcements. It is a great way to keep a tab on all the things that are going on with in the organisation.

What Employee Intranet solution do you use?

Juhi G.

"YammerReview_juhi"

What do you like best?

yammer is very useful for share details on company profile and also its secure with other company cause whatever will update its only for those company which we created here and also we can easily create over here own team update and share details here to everyone and it will not be social . its kind of social network for company .

What do you dislike?

basically Its just a web based discussion server that hasn’t worked even in the previous version of Office 2003 but its very good with if we are going to upgrade office with new version will use this one accordingly

using yammer very easy to share what new thinks to going on our professional or our company like who is join in company , what achievement we got and what events going on also we can share technology to other colleague .

ASEEMA P.

"aseema_Tester_Yammer Review"

What do you like best?

-Good social media for it people for office purposes

-Post the information, post pictures, videos

-Create groups

-Search option there

-Able to see notifications and it will come to email also

-easy to use

-easy to navigate

-User friendly

-Message option is good

What do you dislike?

-More design needed

-chat option

-Sometime sharing and editing documents have less features

-Sometime it is not easy to search past post

-No phone support

-Without internet connection, not able to see any update

-it is bad, as it only allow if we have office 365

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, i will recommended to other friends , who are working indifferent company.For company its good social network platform to connect all the employees.

-We can connect all the employees from onshore and off shore team

-Easy to use and user friendly

-Got all the company information

-Communicating with our groups and organization

-Update me company announcements

Jerry N. B.

"Great tool for communication between departments."

What do you like best?

Yammer is a tool that allows us to have a better communication between different departments within our company, this tool is something really innovative, it is a way for people within the company to work in a team in a different way, their style It is very similar to working with a social network, but made for companies, the communication between people becomes closer, and the commitment of each one becomes greater, knowing that others can see their experiences, comment and compare their activities in The company, also works for all types of notices, and to give a faster information to all employees, this creates a very stable work environment.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the mobile application, it is not well designed, it is as if you are not interested in it, you need to make many changes so that it can be made as useful as the application in the browser, and it is not so much that it is interface problems, that may be fine, just that it feels a little different to how it is normally used on the web, and it is somewhat complicated to use, it seems to me that it is not very user-friendly, when I want to see something of this tool on my mobile device, I prefer to open the browser and look for the option to show as a desktop to see what I want, because with the application I do not really feel satisfied, and I lose my focus, and I do not end up finding what I was looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool to establish a better communication between the different departments in a company, ideal to improve the working environment.

It is a tool that allows a better interaction between the different departments in our company, which helps to substantially improve your work performance in a pleasant way, since everyone wants to do their best, to show it within the social network of the company, these applications are ideal for the growth of companies, and greatly improve the work environment.

Isabelle J.

"Good for enterprise socializing"

What do you like best?

Similar to facebook and twitter, Yammer allows employees to share updates, articles, and recognitions to the people they are connected to at the company.

What do you dislike?

My firm used for these low priority social purposes only, and never transitioned to using Yammer as a productivity tool - communicating work messages, scheduling meetings, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Firms can consider using Yammer as a social platform where employees can broadcast out non-urgent messages. We havent had success or a desire to transition off of Outlook.

We are solving the ability to reach out to a large number of people without emailing. These messages sent through Yammer can be short and fast. The benefits are that we get a better sense of what others are reading about, working on, and interested in.

Mrunal K.

"A great socializing app to have at work place"

What do you like best?

It is one of the application which is in our daily use and would recommend for every small and big organization. In this software you can create your own group or community and share it with your colleagues no matter where the person is on globe, and keeps you updated with your team work.

What do you dislike?

The app currently shows items in the inbox which doesn't store any unread items. and the user interface has to be more friendly, as it is difficult for a fist time use but its very handy once you get used to it.

The app has helped us share or mail all your office file and documents, and even post pictures also its good in picking up links to the right conversation, keeping track of new items it kind of gives an all round information about whats happening in your company and helps build better communication between the employees and increases team collaboration

AI

"Positive Experience with Yammer"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Yammer is the ability to personalize and tailor fit it around my interests and information that is relevant to me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the email notifications (which I can turn off). To be honest I haven't found many issues with Yammer and my overall experience with the site has been positive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a large company I would highly suggest using Yammer. It allows employees from every department to connect and engage. It makes people feel apart of the company, as a whole, instead of just a part of their department. Our company uses Yammer as a way to inspire action and get employees motivated and participating in meaningful ways. Employees can join groups, engage in talks about new products, sign up for volunteering events...etc. Anything going on around the campus, can be found on Yammer.

Our company uses Yammer as a way for employees to stay connected and share relevant company information. This information is sometimes not something that would be shared on other sites liked LinkedIn, and is relevant only to employees within the company. Yammer also allows workplace committees and groups to organize and put out notifications about upcoming events. This is great for finding out about fun activities or events that the company is planning.

ian b.

"advanced HR"

What do you like best?

a success of a project relay most on the adoption of right tools. similarly, an institution has to use proper social network is it has a chance to smell successes. yammer has nice features like; automated notifications to subscribers through emails and texts, ability to conduct survey through polls and questions and answers, activity dashboard which provide real time updates, high volume charting and messaging, effective advanced search tool, ability to hold discussions, easy sharing of information and data throgh sharing of documents and links, members receive instant messaging, a well established workspace, high security levels, easy and simple upload and download data. etc

What do you dislike?

despite the many merits Yammer has, i believe the tendency of delayed support is a huge setback.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

finding the best flexible social network platform for the best results in an institution is not an easy task. however, Yammer software puts all you worries at end. Yammer is affordable, simple to use, reliable etc.

yammer is like a angel, it came to redeem our institution against collaboration challenges and instead brought;

high collaboration platform for both staff and business patters

instant notifications have enabled workers have real activity updates

increased speed of communication due to high charting levels

document sharing is easy and effective

decline in cost of managing HR tasks

reduced paperwork as much tasks are automated.

simplified management due to the ability to track tasks and performance.

"Microsoft business social Network"

What do you like best?

Yammer use to be Microsoft Social network solution for business, it is now replaced by Microsoft Teams. Yammer is available on IOS, MAc, android and windows (sorry linux). Sharing is easy with yammer and you can do spme screen sharing audio and video. Integration with office 365 is well done and this solution is secured. Yammer is a component of office365.

What do you dislike?

Yammer is replaced actually by Microsoft Teams which is far superior in term of ergonomy and functionnality. Teams is a fusion between Yammer, and skype for business. So you should go with Teams rather than yammer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yammer is a phasing out product, Microsoft Teams is replacing it so go with Teams.

When we start with Yammer we would like to have a social network based on themes like cloud or other stuff and share some information and documentation. Yammer was a little bit limited and we did switch to Microsoft Teams, a far superior product.

GRACE M.

"Yammer is a great social media tool."

What do you like best?

Yammer provides a business collaboration platform, high chatting with instant messaging, ability to share information like images, files, links etc. easy application integration, high security levels, active activity dashboard, recovery of data is easy and secure, automated updates and information, third party integration services, high security levels, 365 integration capability, flexible mobile app for simple integration, search functionality, ability to create and join private and public groups.

What do you dislike?

uploading and downloading of files is slow, connections problems more so when network is down.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

a you looking for an alternative business social network? Yammer is the best cure for interaction and collaboration challenges that will bridge your business to high production levels.

the business have achieved a collaborative workspace, tracking workers tasks has enhanced work-rate, secure and flexible information sharing, enhanced interaction through mobile integration, notifications and instructions are easy made through dashboard, communications is faster through chats and instant messaging, decision making are effective through high consultations, workers are motivated when they contribute to business decisions and suggestions.

HEZRON N.

"make your business social network easy and effective."

What do you like best?

Yammer is among the highly rated social networks apps in the world. it comprise of amazing features; easy and flexible to operate, high security levels due to log in`s, ability to share files in form of images, documents etc, easy messaging and contact tagging, employees and employer profiles, automated notifications, easy and fast application integration, Emails notifications, capability to collaborative workspace, organized data, presence of activity dashboard, high chat levels with instant messaging, third party integration, ability to track employees tasks among many.

What do you dislike?

regular notifications are sometimes boring when numerous activities are involved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

looking for the best social network platform that will improve interactions in your business, information sharing, chatting etc. Yammer is what your looking for. try it today, thank me later.

Yammer has made a very huge positive contributions in our institution, increased communications in the business, high integration levels that make communications fast and efficient, enhanced collaboration in the workplace, easy management due to task management services, improved decision making reached through high consultations, improved senior-junior relationships, giving instructions has become fast and effective.

Christopher R.

"Advantages of Yammer"

What do you like best?

Below list summarize the pros of yammer

User friendly

Ability to communicate with the fellow colleague

Ease of handling

Provides news feed ,which helps us to identify the on going trends in the company

Helps us to socialise with the new people

Provides better environment to communicate

Easier for beginners to learn

Be upto date with the ongoing business news

Looks professional

place where you can share your innovate ideas which could be recognized by many

What do you dislike?

More spamming been done

Contents from different groups been shared randomly

should have contain automated spam remover to identify and remove spams

Person details been posted in the business oriented place should be restricted

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best Application for any beginner who are searching any information or help which is relevant to the organisation

Been new to the company ,Don't have idea about the reimbursement .so i have the same in the Yammer

which helps me to get the better idea on what i have to do, and how to proceed further

And i have also lots new contacts through it ,will would have helped to interact with my fellow colleagues

And as a beginner it really looks easier for me to handle

Thus provides any new person a better interactivity along side

"User friendly and clear"

What do you like best?

I like how intuitive it is/easy to learn, and I like that it is allowing me to learn form so many different people within my network and connect with them in a way that feels like the right blend of social media and a business communications site.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any complaints about it. My only comment is I wish more of my coworkers utilized it! There are lots of people in our network on Yammer, but very few in my actual office (I work in a food bank that is part of a national network). This isn't really Yammer's fault, but apparently we all have accounts but I was never notified when I started. Maybe the application could automatically send new user login info to new email accounts set up at companies so we would be aware we have an account in the instance that management is not proactive in telling us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that everyone in your organization knows about the platform and knows their login as soon as they start working for you; I did not hear about it until months in and I felt like i could have used it so much when I was new!

I use it mainly to see what is happening outside of our local food bank and connect with employees of other Feeding America network food banks across the country. It makes it easier to share trends and best practices in real time.

Deanna C.

"Virtual Billboard"

What do you like best?

Yammer is a great way to communicate with your team, department, and even company. It easily used and great for getting information out there whether it a company change or a shout out to someone in particular. You can attach specific people simular to other social media networks. I would think of this as a professional facebook before it became public.

What do you dislike?

At times it can get confusing and difficult to navigate through. You have to be careful what you mention as well, obviously it needs to be work appropriate but politics and other controversial things will get you kicked out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great especially for a larger company to help get the message across, especially if things are constantly changing. I'm not a fan of social media myself but this is so much more than that. We utilized it for recognition and building morale as well. It also helped newer employees engage and feel more integrated with the company and different teams/departments. I think that someone that works remotely would also enjoy this program because it would allow them to see changes too.

This has allowed different departments as well as teams communication. Also you get live updates pretty quickly and you're notified via email. I like it much better than chatter, not sure how comparable they are.

Allan M.

"Great Tool for Collaboration "

What do you like best?

I like that with Yammer I can share with co-workers from all over the world, its basically a work social network, which is validated through Single Sign On and corporate O365 Licenses. It also is accessible on a mobile app.

What do you dislike?

I think its graphical interface is not as appealing as other tools, and it is still not as popular or used as other options out there, so you get less interactions and content if yo u compare it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Still in the process of being a solid tool from my perspective, Microsoft is working on improving it I know since there where some recent enhancements and our internal IT admin constantly sends emails or posts in Yammer explaining about those changes and what to expect

basically we use it to share content, information, we talk on several groups, post relevant information and basically interact with each other.

"yammer shares thought , experience to other peoples"

What do you like best?

if I want to share my thoughts and experience , new technology with my office colleagues.it uses so many users to communicate with company. it is very secure communication between inter communication.from company or outside of company we can find right person.

What do you dislike?

yammer is not friendly user , and we can not easily find old post. using yammer we can not find or search information. it is very costly App.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

in our office if we have any function or event my collegues send pics or files to everyone through skype or they will send files individually through pendrive or hard disk that time me and my collegue recommend to share files through yammer so it will be accessible to everyone

actually am totally aware about automation anywhere technology , so my team as a group want training from one of my collegue

Luan S.

" Increasing the interactivity of internal communication in your company"

What do you like best?

Yammer is interactive and unifying, it is a tool that promotes interaction between teams and officials, helping to share information and knowledge. With it, the employees help each other and exchange experiences, increasing knowledge and helping the company to have a team each stronger.

What do you dislike?

Yammer is very demanding about the quality of internet connection, it really does not work well or adapts with a more unstable connection or with less speed, it would be interesting an improvement or a class of light connection that adapts to a weaker connection.

yammer is used as an informal informal social network in our company, an additional ally in improving communication and sharing of internal information. Yammer is well organized, it allows different teams and sectors to have their own channels and separate rooms according to the type of information they use.

Nikita R.

"ENGAGE EVERYONE & CONNECT"

What do you like best?

The best thing about yammer is you can set up and join public and private yammer groups which can relate to projects, interests and events to name only three. With the new Office 365 Groups application, you can now share and engage across a number of apps and utilize the tools you need to aid collaboration with your colleagues.

What do you dislike?

Document sharing collaboration is not easy go way as it could have been, this may be only concern regarding yammer, otherwise everything. Yammer may connect old and new employees alike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yammer are saving valuable time by reducing the time it takes to find information and complete tasks.Yammer saves time.

Yammer has several different notification options including text/email for a lot of different activities on the platform. I found the wide range of options in this regard pretty helpful.

Jeff G.

"Fantastic potential for a product acquisitioned by Microsoft years ago"

What do you like best?

The fact that it started out as a social networking tool wrapped in a newsgroup capability for forums, and not look like the latter's arcane look makes this an ideal tool for corporate social communications.

What do you dislike?

This has a similar problem as competing Microsoft products do similar or the same as Yammer; specifically, SharePoint, Outlook Groups, Microsoft Teams, and Skype for Business (and its former Lync product). I think integrating the Yammer product to be the mainstream feature that appears in all of these products would make it easier for people to adopt using it and seeing how well it can work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Join the topics available to you, search and join internal and external groups available to you.

Without a decent corporate SharePoint implementation, this product thrives as the go-to place for everyone to ask questions about where things are, what policies exist, and other uses that an intranet should solve for.

Naser H.

"Yammer User "

What do you like best?

The platform is incredible. It is very user friendly and I love the fact that it is all in one location for SharePoint as well.

What do you dislike?

I used to use it more at my previous company than I do now, which is not an issue because my previous company had thousands of more employees than my current one. Also would rather have it be tied to my email as a plug in, I know there might be a way to do that but yet have discovered what I need to do in order to activate that feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a lot of employees and find that there is valuable information to be shared from different departments within the organization, then Yammer is best for you!

Sometimes, different departments need to share information or might be beneficial to share different information across different departments within the same organization. For example, at my previous company, sometimes it was beneficial to see what our web team was doing, and also what our engineering team had worked on the past quarter. Being in marketing role, I needed to collect all information and use screenshots on how teams are collaborating with each other to create the best use case for Yammer. It was also great to easily tag individuals within the app/interface and mention others that are sharing different types of information beneficial to all teams within the entire organization.

Bailee E. G.

"Yammer Review"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to learn more about my coworkers. We are spread out through 9 offices nationwide and therefore are not able to interact on a daily basis. Yammer allows us to get to know each other on a more personal level as if we worked in the same building.

What do you dislike?

Probably the thing I dislike most about Yammer is how it populates posts. When someone does something as simple as "liking" a post it brings it to the front. I wish it would only do this for commenting rather than liking.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Yammer. It was a slow start to get everyone on board for our company but the camaraderie it is helping to develop is tremendous.

Prior to using Yammer all of our different offices were in a "bubble". We didn't know what each other looked like, what we enjoyed outside of work, or understood any nuances of each others' personalities. Yammer allows us to connect on a deeper level. I also love the ability to make different groups for different departments, activities, etc. Many people who may not typically be the type of person so share have been able to get involved and start a group for something they are passionate about. We also use Yammer for in-house contests to boost morale. Prior to having this ability all offices were disconnected and there was low energy and work enjoyment. Everyone loves getting updates on what their coworkers are up to both professionally and personally. We also use it to keep everyone informed of project updates- we have many different departments interconnected but communication was choppy. Yammer can update people in real time and show pictures, videos, etc. Employees now feel like they are more involved in their work and therefore work activity is more productive.

Christopher A.

"Yammer away...as long as you know the language"

What do you like best?

As a social colaboration tool, Yammer has been very effective in bringing employees and business partners together to share best practices, solve problems and support a company culture focused on diveristy and inclusion. At my workplace, Yammer has become reasonably well established, with some parts of the company using it more regularly than others.

Learning how to use the tool is relatively straight forward; if you are used to the workings of Facebook, Twitter or even simple email, you likely will have no issues getting started as the management of your "groups" and other functions are pretty similar. The key to the success of Yammer is employee adoption - the tool on its own will not solve anything for you; your employees need to use it in order to work.

What do you dislike?

This is not a knock on Yammer necessarily, as the same thing could be said about many social networking applications. Yammer, like others, comes down to the time spent managing your contacts and conversations. At my workplace, we have FTEs who are dedicated to promoting and managing the internal Yammer network. If you get sucked into the Yammersphere and have little self-control, then you will likewise feel like your entire day is dedicated to managing your Yammer interactions. That's not practical for my role, so my use of the tool is fairly reserved. However, I know others in my office that are very strong users of Yammer and they seem to keep their head on straight, so if you are saavy with the use of these types of tools, you will probably be fine.

Steamlined and inexepnsive collaboration is the main business benefit that my department (and most of my company) gets from Yammer. If you can't afford to fly a bunch of business partners into a central location for a quick chat on a customer problem, or perhaps you don't know a particular individual to reach out to for help on an issue, Yammer allows you to connect (potentially in real time) to a broad internal network of people that can help you. It's your own internal company version of crowdsourcing!

Victor S.

"Adaptive social network for the Work place"

What do you like best?

The ease of use in a work environment, having the ability to post and comment in a work environment. also intertwining work and social together this greatly makes work fun with your work mates.

What do you dislike?

The user interface needs some work o make it have a modern touch. If it had a look that resonates or looks like other social sites users will accept and work with it well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Split the topics/departments that way users can engage with the people that they know well and enjoy the services much better.

We have several departments and i love the fact that we do not have one thread to host each department but several groups that sometimes intertwine according to business needs. so instead of having one feed we have several also the possibility of having external links to share stories on the platform is a great plus for the organization an external link may be shared

Matt B.

"Yammer is the best inside corporate sharing option I've ever used."

What do you like best?

The interface is simple, yet flexible. This allows novice users to jump in and get started right away while administrators can go slightly deeper allowing use of additional options. People bought in quickly because of the simple interface and ease of use. Great flexibility to add documents or highlight items that you want available to entire teams.

What do you dislike?

I'd like a bit more control over the feeds. There are times when I am pouring through updates and I'm not sure if I'm getting items in date order or not. Then it's not necessarily as easy (on the desktop version) to get back to just a feed, as opposed to updates or most current items that I had yet to view.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great option. Very user-friendly.

Connection. Our people didn't really have a path for sharing work, sharing relevant stuff that they've seen or encountered. This allows us to stay connected and help each other grow.

Rosie C.

"Why does this exist?"

What do you like best?

It is basically exactly like Facebook but with fewer features so it's very intuitive to learn how to use.

What do you dislike?

It seems too social to be compelling to use at the office. Basically no one at my company takes advantage of it, although it's nice to stalk new hires, which is the only time we post on it. I wish it would integrate into gmail or something so we could use it in our workflow without having to visit an external site. With so much use of gmail, any social activity or planning can really be taken care of with an email or group chat.

We have not taken advantage of it really, despite being a company with around half of our employees working remotely. I could see it being used for group projects and collaboration, but I don't even think that's its goal. It feels a little redundant as most of the features it provides are already provided by software that is better integrated into our actual work.

Tyler F.

"Yammer makes collaboration easy"

What do you like best?

I like Yammer because it allows for a searchable, user created data base with answers to questions that are user generated. Previously, we used an email distro to allow for Q&A with our sales team, but we found that we had the same questions being asked over and over. We switched over to Yammer and now the sales team can search for keywords in the yammer group and either select a question that has already been asked or they can ask a new question. Additionally, the groups are able to be joined by anyone in the organization, so no longer do you need to enroll specific users in the email distro...they can simply enroll themselves.

What do you dislike?

I wish the thread organization was better than it currently is. I frequently find that I am scrolling forever to find the post that I am looking for instead of an easy filter option for displaying content.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure when you setup your groups you make them public. This will save a lot of time as users can then self enroll.

We have solved the business problem of an email distro and the lack of team collaboration that can possibly occur with that distro. Also, we are finding that answers are provided faster to questions, and answers are also coming from all members of the team instead of just the subject matter experts. It has helped tremendously.

Pritam D.

"Yammer the social media in an organization "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and interface is also So good ,it's act as social media inside an organization and you can post the different information like requirements regarding technology , different ongoing events , regarding projects and you can post something about the problem you are facing Inside organization so everyone can aware of it and higher management also can know about that so it's very useful.it will help to know the people in the organization know about different opportunity.

What do you dislike?

Not adding any new feature to make it more interesting and not all people are aware of it what's it's benefits and use no promotion.getting frequent mail for all activities in office mail I don't like that. some feature are there but its not clear how to use all the feature in a efficient way.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Yammer it will help you to know what's going on inside your organization regarding technology , requirements and problems that employee are facing

--Communicate with all the employees of the organization and you can know each other very well.

--Helps the employees and higher management regarding problems that are going on or employee are affected from it

--Helps to know about different opportunity and new technology opening

Brittany M.

"Yammer in the work place"

What do you like best?

To be honest, the only benefit of Yammer, for my office, is the ability to make groups and subgroups. Our team uses the software in a professional capacity and makes a concerted effort to feel separate from Facebook.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Yammer feels like a facebook that came out years behind the curve. There are many complexities on the site, but none of these features are unique to the application. There is A LOT going on within the streams, and I feel that if you are to join many groups and DO NOT sign up for notification, you will miss the feed information. Although, if you DO sign up for notification, they are consistent and constant.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If the group is not large, Yammer will be too robust. But if the user set is VERY large than Yammer may be overwhelming and will require multiple groups, subgroups and classifications.

Instant connectivity and "modern" relationship building with software, current events (both inter and external to the office) and teams. Our team connectivity is important to feel as if we are advancing toward a "twitter" age and staying abreast of information WITHOUT meetings, phone calls, and agendas.

Japhet O.

"manage collaboration tasks with ease."

What do you like best?

Yammer software is among the highly rated HR platforms. the feature are fantastic; high security levels, ability to share information including files, images, links, etc., third party integration, messages services and content tagging, portal profiles, automated notifications and texts, emails notifications, organized data coding, real time activity dashboard, instant messaging, third party integration, ability to track tasks.

What do you dislike?

Yammer is an amazing software, no dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

a you looking for a collaborative software that is affordable and effective! Yammer is what your looking for.

instant messaging has facilitated interactions within and outside the organization, easy to conduct surveys and polls, sharing of files and documents is simple and easy, privacy uphold due to high levels of security, managing discussions is simple and effective, recording of data is better and well organized.

Sukanya M.

"Yammer :An easy way to connect to your colleagues"

What do you like best?

It has made the communication easier within the organization. It helps to share your thoughts. Sharing files is very easy. you can get the activity feed of your co-workers which is really nice. Creating group is another useful feature where anyone can continue the discussion which is really useful. Creating survey is another special feature which can be useful in special cases.

What do you dislike?

If we start sharing the videos and make the conference call that would be good. They can add the Messenger like feature here (as the Facebook one). The dashboard can be more interactive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a user-friendly system which is very helpful to be connected to your co-workers or your in-company network. It has some cool features like posting your status/message, file-sharing, group creation, continuing a discussion. Though it has some room for the development it is a new age software to keep everyone connected.

It has made the conversation easier and quicker. It saves a lot of time compared to the email response. We can see the opinion of every one in the group which has reduced lots of confusion and discussion.

Mike H.

"Convenient forum and conversation tool for business."

What do you like best?

Seamless connection with email (outlook). Ability to tag other users and additionally send them a private message if preferred.

What do you dislike?

Potentially too many email notifications. Layout can seem a little congested.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If subdivided into many user groups, try not to join too many as it will be difficult to follow and keep up. Stick to core interests and concerns - colleagues can still tag you or share posts from other groups if they decide it is relevant to you.

Treat the program a bit like email - try and deal with new content at the start of the day or after lunch or it could potentially become distracting as you attempt to answer posts straight away or find interesting material you want to read!

We use Yammer to discuss issues, resource skills or knowledge from different parts of our global workforce and share updates, information and workload amongst teams.

Michelle M.

"Social chat that never really caught on at the office."

What do you like best?

Yammer is easy to use, was already available with our software package and provided ample product for what we needed. We use it most effectively when training international groups and sharing videos with software informational help that we don't always need for the everyday user - but is helpful for the more technologically advanced end user.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really against Yammer - we just couldn't get the company to make the commitment to fully implement the software. We have several methods for social interaction, sharing and collaborating on documents, and knowledge management. Other software was more heavily marketed within our company, so Yammer never got the full participation needed to make it a company wide functional software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My issues with Yammer were not directly connected to the software having any issues - the main problem was that the company had several social software packages being used at one time. This was confusing to the end user. Not a Yammer problem.

Training was implemented through yammer and one drive - and it was extremely helpful to our international colleagues. We use it to post advanced training that don't necessarily focus on our day to day basic needs by an end user (those are kept in a knowledge base - separate from Yammer).

Michael G.

"Solid Social Platform, Needs more features"

What do you like best?

Nowadays we compare most social networks to the likes of Facebook and Twitter. But in the modern day, we can't utilize these public tools to collaborate with teams in public. I feel that Yammer bridges the gap between a social network and employees within an enterprise.

I like the fact that you can create and subscribe to groups as well as follow others who post, choose to curate what you want to and don't want to see, and the fact that its tied into your Office 365 account.

What do you dislike?

Yammer feels like its been long due for some updates, whether it be a front-end overhaul or something to make it more feature-full. Today it really feels like something you can post messages or pictures, but other than that there isn't much more.

I can't understand why now there is a separate chat for Yammer, why not integrate it with Teams or Skype/Lync? I guess it was designed that way originally but it could use a fresh update.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool - considering its tied into Sharepoint and your Office365 account.

Communication for large groups, whether its the entire company, or just a specific area of interest (Photography, Classified For Sale, All Company posts) for example.

It definitely fills a void that is present in Sharepoint, enabling the portals to be collaborative with a social aspect tied into it.

Justine C.

"A good way to stay in touch across organizations"

What do you like best?

Most people can relate to the usability and feel of a social media plaform, so it seems Yammer is able to provide that in a work-based setting, allowing users to chat and post as they would on social media, but it serves a purpose in the work as well.

What do you dislike?

I think the GUI could be a little more modern. If we are attempting to feel more like a work appropriate social media page, I think users will gravitate toward using it more casually and frequently if it had an update and became more modern like what we are used to seeing elsewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make use of having different groups. This keeps things organized and less confusing. If users are confused about where to find what, they probably won't use the platform as much. But if you split the topics into different groups, it's easier to navigate to where you want to go and get what you are looking for. We use it a lot for events and contests in the site - this drives a lot of engagement! For example ... If you want to know when we're serving free pancakes, well you need to check Yammer to find out :)

We use multiple 'groups' for various needs - we have groups for the local office, for the whole organization to do Q&A, social events, etc. I love that we can separate into groups to keep everything organized so it's not just a jumbled mess of thousands of people posting on one feed.

Laura Douglass M.

"Social Media for the Workplace"

What do you like best?

I like that Yammer works pretty similarly to other social media platforms, so there's an easy learning curve for those already familiar with Facebook, Twitter, etc. It has a well-functioning mobile app that allows me to receive notifications from wherever I am. It's an easy way to share files with coworkers and I'm also able to share events and documents with students at the university I work for.

Another thing I like is that Yammer is part of the Microsoft Office Suite, so it comes preloaded into the email platform that my university uses. This means I can easily and quickly switch back and forth between my email, OneDrive, and Yammer.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing specific I don't like about Yammer, but I also don't feel like there's anything that makes it stand out as a collaboration/file sharing platform. My university finds it useful in connecting staff to students, but as far as staff to staff use goes, that doesn't happen too much. Google Drive or OneDrive better fulfills those needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yammer can be useful for your company or institution if it catches on, but people have to actually use it for it to be worthwhile. I wouldn't go out of your way to get it, but I would consider implementing it if your company has paid for the full Office Suite anyway.

Yammer has become fairly popular with students at the university I work for, so it's a good way to reach out to them regarding events on campus and information they need about the libraries. It helps the smaller libraries on campus in promoting awareness and use of collections.

Miri M.

"Minimal"

What do you like best?

The Groups you can create and the chance for all the coworkers to be able to connect some way.

What do you dislike?

The random information that I don not need. Like I am not sure if there is a way I can filter which emails to receive notifications about. Maybe there should be a way that you can create an event that people can go too. Like if there is some kind of work event that everyone has an option to go to.

Staying connected with coworkers and seeing what groups you can join. For us it has been more of a social platform rather than knowledge sharing. Also there is one thing that one of our coworkers is doing is making a list of all the concerts there are in the area and then making a form where people can sign up to say they are going to a certain event. It is almost like a facebook event.

Omar M.

"Enterprise Social Media Nice and Easy"

What do you like best?

Yammer is very easy to launch, configure, and start using. Our team has used it since 2012. The learning curve to get ready and start using was "hours".

We also love the fact we Started with a "FREE" account (not it is included in our Office 365 Enterprise as Microsoft partners ) but we still use a FREE account for other purposes.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot.

Yammer is great, but maybe the sequence of conversations and sharing content sometimes can get a Little confusing if all conversations are posted as "All Company". However, This is more a user-organization-of-data-practices, than a Yammer problem.

A potetial challenge: how to migrate your FREE account to a Office 365 Enterprise account? even more challenging if your free account has one domain and your Office 365 has another one? Not that easy. Microsoft has great customer Service, but you will needed to migrate or fusion accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yammer is very useful.

If your company needs to simplify and make internal communication among employees easier and faster, easy-to-track, Yammer is a great solution.

However, in a Office 365 Enterprise environment it needs a very well design communication strategy to get the most out of it and not creating duplication with other tools such as Teams, Planner or even Sharepoint.

Yammer allows us to:

- share content easily (using files, notes)

- integrating suppliers to private networks (very convenient to keep a centralized conversations about development projects with outsourced parties)

- reduce email traffic (internal e-mail is not necessary; you can communicate with your mates using Yammer Chat or tagging them. Nice and easy)

- creating specific channels for specific projects

Emily W.

"Yammer has its uses."

What do you like best?

It's organized well and you can create groups easily to communicate effectively with people in the same organization as you.

What do you dislike?

Too many alerts, and too many threads that often become dead (meaning no new posts). It needs to be streamlined a bit more. It seems to encourage the creation of new groups a lot, instead of using the groups that are already there, and adding to the conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's set up similarly to Facebook. Since most users are comfortable with that set up, it's an easy tool to get started with.

We are constantly trying to brainstorm new ideas, develop a social atmosphere, which can be difficult in a virtual work environment, and work together to solve major educational issues that arise.

Some benefits include getting everyone to participate, a variety of new ideas and ways of thinking can be shared quickly, along with online links and tools.

Prity V.

"Yammer-Facebook for Corporate world"

What do you like best?

Yammer is best for office use, ,Its gives you a social platform to discuss issues and topics that people find useful in corporate world. It helps people discuss important things with a wider audience in their organisation.

It is easy to manage and use.Simple and elegant in looks.

What do you dislike?

I think its GUI needs some improvement, a little attraction factor can be introduced with more graphics/pictures,now the look of yammer seems little plain to me, so some icons can also be introduced and can be used for tabs and groups representation instead of /with their proper names.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yammer is easy to use and a simple tool that serves all the features of a social platform in a corporate environment.

In our organization yammer was introduced approx a year back, since then it is used for almost everything that needs help,discussion or peoples attention.Various works are done via yammer like discussion of issues people are facing in their profession work, knowledge sharing, asking for help from people regarding different technologies, different social groups created and organized accordingly, publishing and promoting news letters and events.

Aric S.

"Yammering"

What do you like best?

I like the connectivity and ease to relay information. we work for a multi state/multi country company and being able to speak to the same dept. but in a different state is great. It is very easy to use, email updates are very nice. linked directly to the comment or whatever posted. easy to navigate around. I like how the company has its group then within that there can be more groups and even farther within can really customize the groups and boards.

What do you dislike?

there really isn't anything i have ran across yet that i dislike about this product. Nothing really to dislike just the normal things like getting use to using it. it is a new product to our company so the only real thing i can say is that there is a learning curve. not really a learning curve just getting use to having a system like this set up and in place, the to company already online. it is just a "getting use to" having this type of connection ability at your finger tips.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool to use when wanting to relay information ideas, thought, or comments.

being able to share and resolve ideas/issues within a department with information from that same dept. but from a different state/country. we are using this product to communicate with other designers/engineers from within the company just in different locations. we are generating more standard ways to release out drawings so there is more of a uniform look.

Jacqueline W.

"Great way to keep in contact "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can have company conversations. Something you may not want to particularly bring up may already be on there and you can add to it. I think it's beneficial to the company to have a group discussion on how things could be made better.

What do you dislike?

I think there should be an option to post anonymously. I know that always comes with a bad connotation like posting negative or inappropriate content, but it doesn't even have to be that way. If I felt like I wanted to share something, but was afraid how it would be perceived I could go anonymous.

We have solved issues of transparency. Feeling like you can speak your mind and have other people within the company reading your thoughts really boosts morale.

Lauren W.

"Yammer (Facebook for Work)"

What do you like best?

It's a cool way to internally share information and respond without clogging up email. I like that you can create events, share pictures, and that there is a mobile app. Yammer is also very user friendly. We use it primarily to share pictures, but also utilize the group feature.

What do you dislike?

It is unfortunately underutilized because everyone also has Facebook and can see updates from work through other outlets.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very similar to Facebook, which makes it very user friendly. I like that it is company specific and private.

Our workplace is trying to increase communication among our staff. I like seeing our staff updates with pictures and being able to interact and see how other people interact. It makes our big workplace feel smaller and enables everyone to be involved in the conversation.

Sylvia R.

"Essential tool for employee communication, with one caveat"

What do you like best?

I love that Yammer enables users to interact with each other in a "Facebook" type format. Groups can also be created so that individual teams of employees can interact.

What do you dislike?

The most frustrating thing about Yammer is that they recently got rid of their chat feature, which allowed users to chat in real-time with each other in an instant messenger type format. Now, there is only an option for private messaging, and you are no longer able to see which of your coworkers are currently online.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yammer has been one of the best communication tools that I have seen to date for companies that employee mostly independent contractors or remote workers.

The benefits to using Yammer are endless. Employees can stay up-to-date with company information, and it also provides a place for collaboration among remote employees.

Amanda R.

"Connecting a Company"

What do you like best?

I love that you can place documents on yammer making it easy to share with fellow employees necessary materials! It's nice when I have a question about a policy or rule to be able to easily find the answers all in one place!

What do you dislike?

It's not always the most user friendly. I often have co-workers asking me how to use yammer and how to find our documents and policies. I wish that there were some shortcut tabs that made it easier to get around.

The biggest one I mentioned before, but having all our company policies and documents in one place has definitely improved things! Another benefit I've found is that Yammer helps us to stay more connected! We'll often use yammer to announce big chances in the company and changes in roles within the company.

Rosalia H.

"Thoughts on Yammer!"

What do you like best?

Yammer is an easy to access program that's part of the Office quite of programs. My company is just beginning to start using this program, and the plan seems to be to use it for groups of employees who are doing similar projects at schools in our district. It seems to integrate easily with outlook which is a benefit.

What do you dislike?

Yammer seems to be a bit difficult to navigate at the moment. It's almost trying to be a social media app, but really should be more focused on it's collaborative qualities

Yammer is in the early stages of being used by my school system. It seems as though it will be used to connect staff across the district who have similar roles or interests and responsibilities.

Benjamin W.

"Yammer is not worth the effort."

What do you like best?

Yammer works as an online community for a workplace by having the ability to post important events or other pertinent information that may directly affect employees. It works well to only allow people from that workplace to have access to the page and keep out outside spam or people not affiliated with that company.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is very elementary and can be very frustrating to use. It is hard to navigate to correct pages and search for things if someone posts something that they want the entire company to see. Overall, it has a good approach for a company blog/event post place, however it seems that people still use other forms of company wide communication.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider that this is a program that is still being developed and is headed in the right direction. There are other programs that do exactly what Yammer is trying to do but will take a little but longer in development and user interface for this to be a viable product for company uses.

One of the only benefits that I have found with this product that it allows for ONLY company wide communication and keeps spam and other people not affiliated with the company from posting of seeing things that are supposed to be for company eyes only. Also the chat feature is nice, however if you do not have the window pulled up, you do not know whether or not someone has messaged you.

ONGU S.

"Bringing the organisation all together"

What do you like best?

I like this products because of many features yet more to discover, the group sharing, individual chatting, video calling and chats, it has helped us a lot in joining with all other MTN Groups around the world, i like this product

What do you dislike?

This product is extremely good though many good thing that cant be explored all

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely good product for company communication

Sharing with in our company thats MTN Group, for for all general engagement, we use yammer.

Manal I.

"Office collaborative network "

What do you like best?

It is very easy to update the office network on the tasks, polls and sharing files is one of the best features of yammer. The update feature has also the option to attach files which makes it more convenient when sharing information on current projects or files am working on. There are instant updates when a new user joins the network. The yammer app directory is one interesting feature which updates me about very useful applications, which I personally love.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing specifically I dislike about yammer, except for that maybe the user interface can be made more appealing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, if you are looking for an interactive office network then yammer is a good solution. especially fr companies that are virtually operating, and have employees connected online.

Being a part of the virtual company that works online, yammer has become so essential in connecting with my team members. It is making a real working environment come true

Michael H.

"Yammer is cool"

What do you like best?

Yammer is a lot like Facebook for the enterprise environment. It allows us to send reminders to use the helpdesk. Announce quick updates. Collaborate on group projects and basically share information with our colleagues. It is accessible to everyone of our employees in all of our offices, US and Europe. How easy it is to just make a quick comment and be communicating an idea to everyone in the company or make an announcement about some employee's new addition to their family. It help keeps us all working and feeling as one.

What do you dislike?

I really haven't found anything to dislike about it. I have used it through several different employers now and have seen all the benefits. If I had to say that I disliked something about Yammer it might well be the fact that we have to institute a company policy regarding usage. We have to do this so that employees remember to not be inappropriate the way they might be on Facebook.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your employees use Facebook, they can use Yammer. Just remember to write a good policy on usage or you might regret it.

Our biggest problems, that IT is solving with the use of Yammer, are those that involve getting end users to use the tools required to get help from us. Use the helpdesk, make sure to request international coverage on your cell phone when traveling and enroll in MaaS360 if you want your personal cell phone to get corporate email on the device. I understand that RnD has begun using it to update everyone in the company as to the current status of projects. It has made these notifications easier.

Learning about Yammer?

* We monitor all Yammer reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.