Jive Reviews & Product Details

Jive Overview

What is Jive?

Jive's interactive intranet and collaboration hub provides a gateway to everything employees need to get their jobs done. It's a single platform for company communications, team collaboration, employee engagement and onboarding, knowledge sharing, enterprise search and organizational analytics. It's accessible via browsers and a mobile intranet app, and integrates with external enterprise systems, bringing formerly fragmented information into a common collaborative environment and powering seamless collaboration across your applications. Jive is incredibly quick and easy for companies of any size to set up. Ordinary business users can configure and launch their own pages, groups and spaces without IT help. Jive is also highly engaging and simple for employees to use, driving rapid adoption, solving real business challenges and delivering massive value from day one. Jive provides the industry's most comprehensive array of features in one simple, secure, ready-to-launch package, available in the cloud and on-premises. That includes not only essential collaboration and communication features but also advanced capabilities found nowhere else, such as sophisticated sentiment analytics, multichannel urgent notifications, and built-in adaptive intelligence that improves search and pro-actively connects employees with information and people vital to their work.

Jive Details
Discussions
Jive Community
Arabic, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Chinese (Simplified)

Jive's enterprise social business software puts the power of social business at your fingertips. Discover social business software and drive breakthroughs in revenue, cost and innovation

Aurea Software

Jive Reviews

Showing 295 Jive reviews
Already have Jive?
AC
What do you like best?

I use the intranet everyday and this is seamless. It makes it easy for myself and my coworkers to find things on this intranet system. It makes my employees happy that they can easily find an answer to something instead of coming to find me. There is endless resources on Jive-n. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. Sometimes it can be laggy but thats not usually an issue. I have found it runs smoothly 90% of the time and I am completely happy with it. We have used a different intranet service and Jive-n is by far my favorite due to its features and options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say to use this if you have several employees who need questions answered. Its easy to find resourced on Jive-n. Makes the work day smoother. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Showing my coworkers how to find things easier so they have their questions answered quickly and efficiently. I have realized that with an easier interface my employees can use it with ease and it lessens the stress of the workday. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Foster communication among team members enabling them to step forward in engaging ways. It is a force multiplier Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Calendar function is extremely limited, would be better to allow multiple layers, themes, colors and labels Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get executive support and buy-in. Have it owned by IT, not communications, or marketing. Yes they should be key stakeholders and have a seat at the table for crafting how the product is operated within the enterprise but they should not be the teams that own the solution. It is first and foremost an IT solution, providing social internal collaboration tool to the team. Social collaboration is about engagement and leadership. Marketing could contribute to user experience and testing, however Marketing who is best at external facing messaging, is not the most ideal for an internal facing communication and collaboration platform. Communications would certainly own the centralized corporate news function but again they are delivering a message, using a tool. Splitting ownership between more than one group would also be a disaster because then there is not a single throat to choke if you will, you want a single organization and leadership structure to own the roadmap when it comes to social collaboration within the organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Connecting the disconnected.

Free flow of corporate news and information

Centralized destination to connect to all things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It brings everyone in one technic platform for product development Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing worth mentioning other than user interface can be much enhanced Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It gives internal employees a powerful intranet platform where employee can get all kind of info support for product or any other client engagement Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

I love that Jive allows you to collaborate with others by either commenting on posts, documents or uploading new documents and reviewing multiple versions of the same document. As a trainer/tech writer, I love that I can post a job aid or manual and my teammates can easily review it and if we decide we liked the 2nd version best - it's super easy to get back to! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The search feature needs to be cleaner and better overall. Searching in this software works, but the results may vary if you hit enter after your keyword or not. We should have a better search engine within this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool and resource for information and collaboration. The best way to use Jive is to embrace it in multiple aspects of the business from job aids to videos, to Happy Birthday and Happy Work Anniversary messages. Keep it fun but full of solid, reliable information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love that we can take emails from outlook and post them to our Jive software, it saves email space and allows people to use Jive as a collection of information and resources. We also take advantage of the project pages and use these and the tasks regularly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CO
What do you like best?

Jive-n has more exploration abilities allows for multiple uses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm still getting used to the software so far I don't have anything I dislike about Jive-n Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

always research what is best for your specific business needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Employee retentions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Natalia Maldonado
What do you like best?

When I started using it I had some difficulties to understand their system, however the customer service is incredible. They taught me how to use the program efficiently and I find it very practical. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, so far I have not had any complaints, all the doubts have been clarified by the customer service, which for me is very important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an excellent tool that saves you a lot of work and keeps you always connected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This program has allowed me and my entire team to be always connected in a very simplified way. It saves me a lot of organization work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Jive's UI is clean and intuitive - most of our employees were able to start using it with minimal training. There is also a lot of room for customization by administrators. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We attempted to integrate Jive with Deltek Vision and OpenAsset and encountered some difficulty. Smoother integration would be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We had a consultant assist us with building our intranet. I would highly recommend this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jive helps our employees connect with each other and collaborate across the company. Employees are able to learn about the work their colleagues are doing and engage in technical conversations that are preserved for the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CE
What do you like best?

Jive provides best user experience in it's category and it was very smooth journey for out team to onboard and that I think was a key factor for us. Making people start using an enterprise app is always challenging and Jive solved our that problem and on top of that they have one of the best moble app :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think there should be more options for integration and availability of java stored on jive.

Also I think possibility to have pages where we can manage the tasks based on groups will be good for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We created a platform where people can share their ideas as well as report of their work and can use same data in future. (as we are very divorce workplace where people were working from almost 20 countries) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Strategist
What do you like best?

Simply everything, you can post document, video, share, collaborate, like, vote and more and more of a very professional + nice features

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

TO be honest, nothing, i like everything that Jive did Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

to avoid using social media for collaboration, we have to provide the employees with a professional product that fulfil almost all and more than what the social media provides Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Deputy director of the quality control department
What do you like best?

I believe that the Jive N service is fine, although, in my opinion, they have not completely fulfilled my expectations regarding the product. The service is fine, but they are very cautious about protecting their contractual income and that made things very complicated for me since I did not feel I had the support of the company based on my needs. In my case, I needed to keep an extension number of a certain number of digits because it was printed on the cards and they did not give me this option.

On the other hand, I sent several emails requesting the cancellation of the service after the free 60-day trial and the response obtained after a lot of waiting (Approximately after a month) was that I should cancel the services I had already used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of my main annoyances with Jive-N was the customer service that I really felt that I did not offer support and help with my doubts and problems. They did not answer my questions or doubts many times and in other cases they took a long time to do it; On the other hand, I was particularly annoyed when they charged me for a service that was supposed to be free and trial, even when I had already made the request to cancel the service well in advance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Personally, I do not recommend them. Their customer service leaves much to be desired and the operating system becomes complicated. I did not receive all the help I needed in my testing process and I think that they really have a lot to improve as a company in their dealings with the client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problem with which I currently deal with Jive-N is that they continue to charge me for a service that I canceled in advance and although I have communicated with their technical support team and help the client, I feel that they have not listened to me because they do not respond to my emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CSA
What do you like best?

I like that the feature has quick search engines to locate employees fast and it connects to customers fast when looking for information it can be time consuming and time is everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t experienced any issues that would cause a unhappy opinion so far so good . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Iable to efficiencly find any person or staff and files are easy accessible to us when you don’t have to worry about systems failing or crashing it’s a good feeling to get the job done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AG
What do you like best?

Our agency is in the process of upgrading to Jive-n. My preliminary experience on suing Jive-in through the community has been wonderful. The new UI layout is much crisper and responsive. I like the added features to Jive rewards and better Analytics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We are in the process of testing and validating Jive for our agency. During our system testing, we have found that embedded video are not loading quite consistently. Apart from this, we are still adapting to the new features and would know more soon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Jive-n we are hoping to have a abetter UI responsiveness, especially since a majority of our users are mobile users. Jive-n also has better analytics, reports and rewards which will help us keep our community engaged and collaborate across many levels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Заместитель генерального директора
What do you like best?

Office and outlook integration, version control for documents Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Search is horrible , old fashioned mobile application, no wiki, weak user profile Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A lot. We can share this case. This is main entrance for every employee to all information sources of the company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

collaborative work and also being able to consult it anywhere and not be tied to a closed intranet Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

que no tiene muchas actualizaciones y a veces fallan los htm Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

improve the time in the updates, at this moment they are very slow Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The promise that resolves is to have a fast communication and anywhere (we have branches in Mexico, Central America and Brazil) and the main benefit is that it is very intuitive so anyone can use it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Jive provides the ability to upload documents directly from Microsoft Office documents to an internet source - this helps eliminate the need to do extra steps to complete uploading of information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not extremely user friendly. Can be difficult maneuvering the program without basic training on how to use the program. Can be difficult reviewing multiple versions of documents in the event that old versions are replaced with new and confusion can come into play determining which document you need and merging can be a struggle when bringing old and new together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Transparency of education and communication with multiple departments for standardization. Ability to work on one document with multiple individuals having rights to edit the document as well as upload if necessary. The benefit would be that it would eliminate the need for excess emails of documents that require review and editing from multiple individuals. It would eliminate confusion of what document copy is the current version where Jive does it for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the social interaction for employees. It is engaging and useful. We use it for our Intranet at work (large hospital system) and I really like that different departments can make their own pages and spaces/groups for interaction. It also works great for project completion tracking as well! I enjoy that employees can comment on posts and articles ands share their thoughts and ideas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find that our employees feel limited by the constraints of Jive-n. I hear that they would enjoy greater customizability and additional options. This is really the only issue that I have heard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It works very well. We love the ease of document sharing! Our team has moved from storing documents on a shared drive to cloud storage which has worked wonderfully. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Increased interprofessional collaboration and communication. Project completion tracking. Ease of use for uploading documents - increased collaboration. Cloud storage of documents - moving away from outdated data storage practices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

From a positive aspect of the product we love the simple and modern interface and the use of groups, that's about where it ends unfortunately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Jive used to be great before they were purchased by Aurea. We never had any issues and support was great for any questions about configuration!

Since the acquisition we have had nothing but problems all around. Here's a few:

-We're hosted through Jive and for the past 8 months we've experienced multiple day outages where our employees can't login to Jive. This is critical when we have data on here that our employees rely on.

-We've had all sorts of broken interface issues that go without being fixed for days or even more than a week.

-The new system where you enter a ticket for support takes much longer.

-There's a disconnect between our account rep and any sort of support. For the constant issues we're having we're basically told "It is what it is..."

-Their maintenance times are terrible. "We're doing planned maintenance at 3 PM (CST) on a Friday afternoon". Why a large company would have a planned downtime during core USA business hours is beyond me. One of these planned down times during business hours also ended up going two days past the time they originally noted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In my honest opinion I would look at other products unless you're hosting on premise. I've talked to other software companies with intranet solutions and they all are saying they've seen an astonishingly large number of new clients that are running from Jive after the Aurea acquisition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Jive interface is much better than our previous SharePoint intranet. Everything is so much more modern and collaboration within departments seems to be better now that employees can communicate and share posts about our data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

It’s a wonderful interactive intranet which was simple to set up.a fantastic mobile app for buy professionals which can be used everywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sorry there is nothing that I dislike. Perhaps monthly updates would be beneficial as opposed to quarterly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it, you will not be disappointed! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jive has helped us get people engaged and motivated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Jive-n is a great communication and information sharing app for small business staff to keep everyone in the loop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There weren't alot of notification options. I didn't know how to work the app. There was no tutorial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jive-n is a great communication and information sharing app for small business staff Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The major business problem we solved with Jive-n was Management's ability to blast notifications, quotas and sales objectives to everyone at the same time. It was also a great sourse for employees to communicate with each other and share documents and information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can do multiple things with one program. I can interact with other employees and learn new information about the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can be like a Facebook page. The new information on Jive-n can be like the information on an employees FB page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you take a trial before you buy the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Employees can use Jive-n and receive all the information they need to know about the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
Environmental Services
What do you like best?

Jive n helps me search in less time. It helps with employee engagement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing negative to say about Jive n. It has helped dramatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jive n has helped me spend less time searching for what I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What is best about jive is that it offers the ability to insert, edit, and upload documents via the internet to another platform for availability to other individuals. It also provides the capability of adding editors or viewers for specific documents for privacy purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The program makes it somewhat difficult to manage different versions of a document if multiple users are reviewing and editing. This causes some confusion when maintaining documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Transparency is big business problem that is being addressed with this program. It’s been vital in providing various documents across the organization. The benefits realized are the user friendly capabilities without any formal training. The program is quite self explanatory when learning and managing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

McDonald's cook
Restaurants
What do you like best?

This software really helped out my business in terms of keeping up with communication through customers and suppliers as well. Everything balanced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downside of this I will say is that it seems a bit basic really compared to a few other software programs o was told about. But this has been good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it to your full potential really will come in handy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lots of things where do I begin, we have been keeping more and better tracks of our records and receipts and transactions through the use of this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tech support
What do you like best?

The ease of use during searches and finding pages on the different intranet levels Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The limitations of the software when creating new sites your are limited to certain JS technology and also when using CSS there are too many limitations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a great tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Internal support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Risk specialist
What do you like best?

I use Jive to communicate with my team even though I am able to create other groups to be able to communicate within other peers in the organization. I guess the flexibility of communicating with so many different groups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that you can ignore some conversations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sharing knowledge and resolving customers problems quicker Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.